PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reshard Langford on Chiefs.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride

Former Chief Reshard Langford asked on his Reddit AMA about diff between Chiefs and Lions: "Just from being around the league...(cont) \

"...people know that KC is the team that is most under salary cap each year. I will say that I hadn't, until about 2 weeks ago...(cont)

"....had valet for my car at a home game."

RockChalk
09-14-2012, 07:19 AM
One more thing we have in common with the Royals. Clark and David must be sharing strategies.

BoneKrusher
09-14-2012, 07:22 AM
One more thing we have in common with the Royals. Clark and David must be sharing strategies.

Stretching Dollars. LMAO

Imon Yourside
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM
What about the wrappers? save the Wrappers man.

IratePrimate
09-14-2012, 08:16 AM
It be awesome if we could expand and read what you posted :/

-King-
09-14-2012, 08:19 AM
What other sports teams have valets? Can't be many.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-14-2012, 08:20 AM
It be awesome if we could expand and read what you posted :/

Hes saying that with the Lions, he has a valet for his car during home games. There were no valets for the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Hes saying that with the Lions, he has a valet for his car during home games. There were no valets for the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

OMG OMG OMG. How will Chief's players ever survive without a valet?

HemiEd
09-14-2012, 08:27 AM
I wonder what the Chiefs tweet guy has to say about this?

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 08:28 AM
I wonder what the Chiefs tweet guy has to say about this?

If they don't like it they can take a cab, driving your own car to Arrowhead is a choice.

Dragonocho
09-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Seems to me if player parking is adjacent to the stadium there's no need for a valet. Wonder if Detroit's player lot is away from the stadium.

-King-
09-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Seems to me if player parking is adjacent to the stadium there's no need for a valet. Wonder if Detroit's player lot is away from the stadium.

Hell, for most stadiums, player parking is in a garage inside the stadium.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM
NFL's lowest-spending teams 2005-11: #Steelers ($621.3M), #Buccaneers ($682.4M), #Giants ($695.9M), #Lions ($697.2M), #Broncos ($701.5M). https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/246612269297963008

NFL's top-spending (cash) teams 2005-11: #Vikings ($808.4M), #Raiders ($797M), #Colts ($786.7M), #Saints ($782.2M), #Chargers ($771.7M). https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/246611922202533889

-King-
09-14-2012, 08:54 AM
He gave some good answers in his Reddit Q&A though. Insight of the NFL from a players standpoint.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/ztsij/iama_nfl_safety_reshard_langford_ama/
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
09-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Shitty players don't get valet parking, Rashard

Red Beans
09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I think if players want a valet, they should have to fucking pay for it. Not one NFL player deserves valet parking anymore than the fans do. They should all have to take the same bus to the stadium on Sunday mornings. Next thing you know they'll be complaining about not having a bathroom attendant.

Reshard Lankford should be the one parking the fucking cars at the stadium.

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2012, 09:05 AM
No need for valet parking at Arrowhead. Players park right next to the tunnel to enter Arrowhead.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2012, 09:08 AM
The most interesting thing he said about the two teams was this:

"The biggest difference in the two teams are the ways that the organizations are ran. I feel that it is only right that the Head Coach takes full ownership of that position and runs his team how he sees fit as opposed to having different, yet very important and influential individuals, making decisions on behalf of the team that aren't coaches and aren't with the players each day."

Reading between the lines, too much Pioli?

CaliforniaChief
09-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, the valet thing is stupid and unfortunately undercuts more valid arguments for the unwillingness to spend what it takes to build a championship-caliber football organization.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Rashard Langford......LMAO we hardly knew you:doh!:

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
If they don't like it they can take a cab, driving your own car to Arrowhead is a choice.

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

kaplin42
09-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Just curious, what are we under the cap now, officialy? I read 23 Mil, 16 Mil and 30 Mil. Which one is it, or is it a different #?

HemiEd
09-14-2012, 10:00 AM

Exactly, good clue.

Quesadilla Joe
09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Just curious, what are we under the cap now, officialy? I read 23 Mil, 16 Mil and 30 Mil. Which one is it, or is it a different #?

Chiefs: $14.5 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 10:25 AM
The most interesting thing he said about the two teams was this:

"The biggest difference in the two teams are the ways that the organizations are ran. I feel that it is only right that the Head Coach takes full ownership of that position and runs his team how he sees fit as opposed to having different, yet very important and influential individuals, making decisions on behalf of the team that aren't coaches and aren't with the players each day."

Reading between the lines, too much Pioli?

Unless the Lions changed owners recently they are the same ones who owned the team when the Lions were widely regarded as a joke for a good 20 years.

Did they just recently start spending $ on things like Valet parking? I highly doubt it.

chop
09-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Chiefs: $14.5 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/

Does this figure include the money that they were able to carry over from last year?

Chiefnj2
09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Unless the Lions changed owners recently they are the same ones who owned the team when the Lions were widely regarded as a joke for a good 20 years.

Did they just recently start spending $ on things like Valet parking? I highly doubt it.

Ever since Millen was fired the Lions seem to be on the right track.

mcaj22
09-14-2012, 10:39 AM

this has nothing to do with it.

He's simply saying whoever the bum**** Lions current GM is stays the **** out of it and lets Schwartz coach the team, meanwhile in Kansas City we have a fat **** GM with a bunch of puppets hes controlling and has a hand in everything.

so essentially Pioli is our head coach behind the curtain

saphojunkie
09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Not sure what's so freaking hard about just posting his whole quote, but here it is:

The biggest difference in the two teams are the ways that the organizations are ran. I feel that it is only right that the Head Coach takes full ownership of that position and runs his team how he sees fit as opposed to having different, yet very important and influential individuals, making decisions on behalf of the team that aren't coaches and aren't with the players each day. Just from being around the league, people know that KC is the team that is most under salary cap each year. I will say that I hadn't, until about 2 weeks ago, had valet for my car at a home game. There were also some difference in the defense. I am very familiar with the 4-3 defensive front so it was good playing in that scheme again in Detroit. All I had ever played before coming into the NFL was in a 4-3 defense.

saphojunkie
09-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, the valet thing is stupid and unfortunately undercuts more valid arguments for the unwillingness to spend what it takes to build a championship-caliber football organization.

Makes a difference with free agents, I'll guarantee that.

boogblaster
09-14-2012, 10:56 AM
well poopie .....

HemiEd
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM

Many of their fans say they have been rebuilding since the 50s.
Possibly had the worst GM ever in Matt Millen?
Isn't Gunther still their DC? LMAO

Black Bob
09-14-2012, 11:00 AM
That new cba minimum cap spending rule is going to be good for us.

mcaj22
09-14-2012, 11:05 AM

no it wont.

Rausch
09-14-2012, 11:07 AM

It's malleable...

Black Bob
09-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Down the road NFL owners, the ones who are supposed to have absolutely laid out the players with this deal - or so we're being told - will be forced, as a group, to spend 95% of the cap. This is a big part of a big deal, because it means more cash will go directly to players who deserve it.

You can analyze this deal to death, torture the numbers, make them say whatever you want them to, because that's what you can do with numbers in sports, whether they apply to statistics or money. The league's salary cap actually goes down this season from what it was. But this deal goes for a long time and for the life of it, these teams have to spend nearly 90% of what the cap is in a given year and you want to know something? That is the way fans want sports to work.

Never again are you supposed to hear how far under the salary cap the Tampa Bay Bucs are or the Buffalo Bills.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-07-27/sports/29836813_1_nfl-owners-demaurice-smith-small-market

Chiefnj2
09-14-2012, 11:30 AM
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-07-27/sports/29836813_1_nfl-owners-demaurice-smith-small-market

Actual spending differs from the cap #.

Black Bob
09-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Actual spending differs from the cap #.

That's why the players forced them to institue a minimum cap in addition to the maximum cap. The owners are forced to spend 95% or whatever of the salary cap. In otherwords, the Chiefs will have to spend 95% of the salary cap when it gets that high.

They won't be able to just spend 80% or whatever. The actual spending will HAVE TO BE 95% or whatever the minimum cap number is.

It is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the NFL. I don't get why everyone is complaining? This is the last year we will ever be this far under the cap.

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
That's why the players forced them to institue a minimum cap in addition to the maximum cap. The owners are forced to spend 95% or whatever of the salary cap. In otherwords, the Chiefs will have to spend 95% of the salary cap when it gets that high.

They won't be able to just spend 80% or whatever. The actual spending will HAVE TO BE 95% or whatever the minimum cap number is.

It is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the NFL. I don't get why everyone is complaining? This is the last year we will ever be this far under the cap.

Why is everybody complaining? Because the Chiefs can change NOTHING and still comply. The idea that they have to change their habits is false.

This sums it up well.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8906265&postcount=470

tk13
09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
That's what you don't understand. The cap numbers aren't what each team spends each year on players. It's a very complex system that involves bonuses, cut players and all kinds of variables most people, and honestly most players and analysts don't understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Why is everybody complaining? Because the Chiefs can change NOTHING and still comply. The idea that they have to change their habits is false.

This sums it up well.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8906265&postcount=470

So what you are saying is since KC is near the top in actual cash spending each year then the salary floor wont effect them.

What does that tell you?

I have been telling people around here for 2 years that the cap means jack and shit and I don't understand their obsession with it.

Go here and do some comparison on what teams are paying in salary this year.

http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php

Micjones
09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
What roster is Langford on? Who gives a shit what he thinks?

htismaqe
09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
So what you are saying is since KC is near the top in actual cash spending each year then the salary floor wont effect them.

What does that tell you?

That they're completely inept. :D

It's the same argument that happened when Carl was the GM and Lamar was the owner. I remember it well since I was the Head Carlpologist.

It's not that they don't spend money at all, it's that the spend it unwisely.

mcaj22
09-14-2012, 01:07 PM

but, what youre spewing is not how it works.

they can spend up to 95 percent of the cap (which I bet they already did this season anyway) and have it not affect base salary (hard cap #s). Roster bonuses, front loading, etc all are ways that the Chiefs will manipulate to that 95 percent while still be 20 million under easy. You watch.

So essenially they will be spending 119 million while only having like 98 million in cap hit lol

-King-
09-14-2012, 01:21 PM
That's what you don't understand. The cap numbers aren't what each team spends each year on players. It's a very complex system that involves bonuses, cut players and all kinds of variables most people, and honestly most players and analysts don't understand.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's because they don't post on Chiefs planet. We have salary cap experts out the wazoo here.

-King-
09-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Makes a difference with free agents, I'll guarantee that.

Chiefscountry just pointed out why there isn't a need for a valet service. I'd have to see the player parking lot in Detroit for me to understand the need for valets.

mcaj22
09-14-2012, 01:25 PM
the need for valets in Detroit is because it's ****ing DETROIT. Think about it for a minute. These guys park and walk any distance to that stadium and they are getting mugged.

That doesn't happen in Chiefs country, too many white fans that are nice and stuff

whoman69
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM

What does that tell you?

I have been telling people around here for 2 years that the cap means jack and shit and I don't understand their obsession with it.

Go here and do some comparison on what teams are paying in salary this year.

http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php

Looks to me like your chart is telling us the opposite, that the Chiefs are stingy. The chart lists only player salaries, while the cap number includes bonuses that are pro rated throughout the life of the contract. While the Chiefs are spending on salaries, they are not giving the players bonuses and are always short on the cap. I think this chart proves what we have been saying all along, that Clark and the Chiefs are cheap. If the rules are only by salaries and the Chiefs don't have to change as htismaqe says, they will continue being cheap.

RealSNR
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
the need for valets in Detroit is because it's ****ing DETROIT. Think about it for a minute. These guys park and walk any distance to that stadium and they are getting mugged.

That doesn't happen in Chiefs country, too many white fans that are nice and stuffWho protects the valets?

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Looks to me like your chart is telling us the opposite, that the Chiefs are stingy. The chart lists only player salaries, while the cap number includes bonuses that are pro rated throughout the life of the contract. While the Chiefs are spending on salaries, they are not giving the players bonuses and are always short on the cap. I think this chart proves what we have been saying all along, that Clark and the Chiefs are cheap. If the rules are only by salaries and the Chiefs don't have to change as htismaqe says, they will continue being cheap.

You will notice that many of the players signed the last few years (DJ, JC etc..) have smaller bonus $ hitting the cap. They paid the bulk of the $ up front. Hali and Flowers are early in their 2nd contracts and have big bonus $ this season still.

The $ aren't out of line with other teams anyway.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 04:26 PM

It's the same argument that happened when Carl was the GM and Lamar was the owner. I remember it well since I was the Head Carlpologist.

I agree 1,000%. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2012, 04:35 PM

The Ford family has owned the Lions since 1962.

lcarus
09-14-2012, 04:39 PM
I truly don't care what Reshard Langford thinks about the Chiefs. He should consider himself fortunate he was able to get hundreds of thousands of dollars from the team considering what he gave the team on the field. Valet? Get the F out.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
It's the fucking Lions...what have they ever won?

Yeah, yeah Stafford Johnson

lcarus
09-14-2012, 04:47 PM
It's the fucking Lions...what have they ever won?

Yeah, yeah Stafford Johnson

They're basically the Chiefs except their star WR has a cooler nickname and an actual NFL quarterback as a teammate.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2012, 05:01 PM
The Lions have one of the best defensive lines in the league.

Chiefs? Not so much.

lcarus
09-14-2012, 05:09 PM
The Lions have one of the best defensive lines in the league.

Chiefs? Not so much.

Yeah because the Lions actually spent high first round picks on defensive linemen that were worth it. The Chiefs? Not so much. Its still too much to wrap my head around. A 5th, a 3rd and an 11th...and our line sucks.

whoaskew
09-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I met Reshard and his business partner earlier this year at their store in Olathe where I got my android phone rooted. He is a pretty cool dude and I hope he gets picked up somewhere.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM

That was my point. I knew they hadn't changed owners recently. Yet now they are ran like a completely different franchise than when they were a joke?

I doubt it has changed that much. The difference is winning makes it look better. End of story.

Marcellus
09-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah because the Lions actually spent high first round picks on defensive linemen that were worth it. The Chiefs? Not so much. Its still too much to wrap my head around. A 5th, a 3rd and an 11th...and our line sucks.

The point I have tried to make 1,0000 times it seems. Its not lack of effort or lack of $. Its bad decisions.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2012, 09:14 PM

EXACTLY

Al Bundy
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Martin Mayhew is a better GM than Pioli.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Along with the blocked field goal this bastard cost us the AFC West last year.

KCrockaholic
09-14-2012, 10:47 PM
I know the guy whose done many of Langford's tattoo's. He told me Reshard never had nice things to say about the team, and when Reshard was cut not a single person called Langford to give him some words of encouragement. That's when he realized the NFL was every man for himself, and that nobody really cares about anybody.

That's just Reshard's feelings towards everything.

I, for one, was glad when he was cut. He wasn't a good player.

But with Clark Hunt running the show I don't know what the expectations can ever be. He's a joke of an owner.

BossChief
09-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Actual spending differs from the cap #.You guys are also leaving out the CASH CAP part of the new CBA.

Teams arent supposed to be able to just hide numbers like they used to because they actually have to spend the actual cash to be compliant and if they dont, it gets donated to the NFL and its then distributed to the players evenly...iirc.

Want to hear something kinda funny about that?

They FORD family gives Megatron a massive 150 million dollar deal and when he was first interviewed and asked what he will do with the money, he said the first thing he would go out and buy was a FERRARI.

ROFL

I'm sure the FORD family appreciated that...I got a good laugh, though.

-King-
09-15-2012, 05:09 AM
You guys are also leaving out the CASH CAP part of the new CBA.

Teams arent supposed to be able to just hide numbers like they used to because they actually have to spend the actual cash to be compliant and if they dont, it gets donated to the NFL and its then distributed to the players evenly...iirc.

Want to hear something kinda funny about that?

They FORD family gives Megatron a massive 150 million dollar deal and when he was first interviewed and asked what he will do with the money, he said the first thing he would go out and buy was a FERRARI.

ROFL

I'm sure the FORD family appreciated that...I got a good laugh, though.

What's wrong with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
09-15-2012, 11:11 AM
What's wrong with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

:spock:

Really?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2012, 11:32 AM
"They( the Lions )have a real QB and KC has jack-shit".

Aaaaaaaaand FXD.

-King-
09-15-2012, 02:28 PM
:spock:

Really?

Yes Really. Its the same as when Eric Berry said he would buy a $150,000 camaro and did it. Doubt Pioli had any problem with that.

I'm failing to see what your point is.

Edit: I guess I missed your point. I get it now. Ferrari. FORD Family. Heh. Funny.

whoman69
09-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Yes Really. Its the same as when Eric Berry said he would buy a $150,000 camaro and did it. Doubt Pioli had any problem with that.

I'm failing to see what your point is.

Edit: I guess I missed your point. I get it now. Ferrari. FORD Family. Heh. Funny.

The short bus finally arrived