PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Shaun Draughn makes hefty donation to NFL Charities

Rain Man
09-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I think it's nice that he cares about keeping gym in schools. Not sure why the Atlanta player isn't community-minded as well.

Also, some cheating Bronco got fined for a cheap shot hit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/3-players-fined-21-000-202541644--nfl.html

3 players fined $21,000 each
The Associated Press – 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Email

NEW YORK (AP) -- Safeties Madieu Williams of Washington, Taylor Mays of Cincinnati and Rahim Moore of Denver have been fined $21,000 each by the NFL for unnecessary roughness in Week 1.

Williams made helmet-to-helmet contact with Jimmy Graham when the Saints tight end was defenseless with about three minutes remaining in Sunday's game at New Orleans. Mays did the same to Baltimore tight end Ed Dickson in a Monday night game. Rahim unnecessarily struck defenseless Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders in the head and neck area Sunday night.
Houston DE Antonio Smith says he's been fined $21,000 for kicking Miami guard Richie Incognito, who was not disciplined.

Drawing $15,750 fines were Minnesota defensive end Everson Griffen for helmet-to-helmet contact with Jacksonville quarterback Blaine Gabbert, and Dallas tackle Tyron Smith for a horse collar tackle. Vikings DT Letroy Guion was fined $7,875 for roughing Gabbert.

Kansas City running back Shaun Draughn was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness against Atlanta, while Miami center Mike Pouncey drew the same amount for the same act against Houston.

ModSocks
09-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I think it's nice that he cares about keeping gym in schools. Not sure why the Atlanta player isn't community-minded as well.

Also, some cheating Bronco got fined for a cheap shot hit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/3-players-fined-21-000-202541644--nfl.html

3 players fined $21,000 each
The Associated Press – 1 hour 30 minutes ago
Email

NEW YORK (AP) -- Safeties Madieu Williams of Washington, Taylor Mays of Cincinnati and Rahim Moore of Denver have been fined $21,000 each by the NFL for unnecessary roughness in Week 1.

Williams made helmet-to-helmet contact with Jimmy Graham when the Saints tight end was defenseless with about three minutes remaining in Sunday's game at New Orleans. Mays did the same to Baltimore tight end Ed Dickson in a Monday night game. Rahim unnecessarily struck defenseless Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders in the head and neck area Sunday night.
Houston DE Antonio Smith says he's been fined $21,000 for kicking Miami guard Richie Incognito, who was not disciplined.

Drawing $15,750 fines were Minnesota defensive end Everson Griffen for helmet-to-helmet contact with Jacksonville quarterback Blaine Gabbert, and Dallas tackle Tyron Smith for a horse collar tackle. Vikings DT Letroy Guion was fined $7,875 for roughing Gabbert.

Kansas City running back Shaun Draughn was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness against Atlanta, while Miami center Mike Pouncey drew the same amount for the same act against Houston.

WTF? You get fined for fights now? WTF is this shit?

lcarus
09-14-2012, 04:25 PM
WTF? You get fined for fights now? WTF is this shit?

The pussification of the NFL.

Bump
09-14-2012, 04:49 PM
I didnt even see what Draughn did, I had the game turned off by that point.

Rain Man
09-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I didnt even see what Draughn did, I had the game turned off by that point.

There were some fisticuffs on the sidelines after a play. In fairness, it looked like Shaun may have thrown the first punch, but you don't know what type of malfeasance the Falcon did to warrant it.

Sassy Squatch
09-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Wasnt for the fight. It was for that stiff arm he threw which is n even worse reason to be fined

Nightfyre
09-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Seriously? what happened to the old stiffarm rule? You know, where the RB could rape some dudes face and not get flagged for it. Oh wait, gotta promote a passing league.