PDA

View Full Version : Computers Ok I have a weird one for you guys...

AustinChief
09-14-2012, 11:28 PM
So, a buddy of mine in Austin has a promotions/marketing firm and just recently aquired a new account. This new account wants a pretty much complete makeover of what they are doing and he is asking me to help him out. Now, this is not exactly in my wheelhouse but I figure it may be worth giving it a shot. After looking at their business I have determined there are some HUGE opportunities to totally rework how they engage with customers. I also have looked at 20+ sites of businesses in the same arena and they ALL have absolutely awful marketing and don't utilize technology in any useful way whatsoever...

Now here is the kicker... the business... SUGAR'S UPTOWN CABARET!

Here is their current website http://www.sugarsperfect.com/sa/ which is just awful. (I won't really be doing anything with it, just wanted to show you what the place is)

OK, so I was hoping to use this thread to bounce some crazy ideas of you guys and see what you think is crazy and what is good. I'll post more in a sec.

Buehler445
09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
We expect....payments.

AustinChief
09-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Ok, so basically strip clubs advertise via the occasional billboard or radio spot, word of mouth and the web. Their web advertising in general is awful. They usually have a crappy website which has basic info and some pics or a tour of the building and maybe event info. SOMETIMES a few outdated pics of the girls. Almost no interaction at all. They also tend to have a Facebook page which is often outdated but even if it isn't there is no true interaction. At best they post events occasionally and their status updates are spammy promo pics that are the equivalent of their strip club DJ. "Come on out for $2 Tuesday! And now give it up for Greta on the MAIN STAGE..."

If you notice, none of what they are promoting has anything to do with their main product... THE GIRLS.

Lumpy
09-14-2012, 11:39 PM
No offense, but... your friend has a marketing firm and he doesn't know what to do to improve his client's image?

A new logo would be a good start. Plus, could they get a bigger "boob" picture for their thumbnail sized site? LMAO

AustinChief
09-14-2012, 11:40 PM
We expect....payments.

If I make the system I think I can, I bet I could swing a ChiefsPlanet party! You guys will just have to get to Austin...

AustinChief
09-14-2012, 11:43 PM
No offense, but... your friend has a marketing firm and he doesn't know what to do to improve his client's image?

A new logo would be a good start. Plus, could they get a bigger "boob" picture for their thumbnail sized site? LMAO

haha, no he is working on the promo side of things(VIP cards, events, etc) already and has plans for the marketing but is asking for help on the TECH not on the image itself.

I will get to that part in a sec.. I'm building up to it! And I am also still working on it in my head to a certain degree.

EDIT: what do you mean "thumbnail sized site"? Also, does the site look and work like crap on everyone's phones? I told him I thought their site was virtually unusable on a mobile device outside possibly a tablet.

pr_capone
09-14-2012, 11:58 PM
The girls could make video's of them stripping and they could be streamed for a fee.

There could also be a live webcam where a single girl is featured and people watching could tip her. A set up like myfreewebcams.com. Get one "room" with a single girl and another "room" with two girls. That would increase visibility and add another revenue stream for both the girls and the club.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:02 AM
The girls could make video's of them stripping and they could be streamed for a fee.

There could also be a live webcam where a single girl is featured and people watching could tip her. A set up like myfreewebcams.com. Get one "room" with a single girl and another "room" with two girls. That would increase visibility and add another revenue stream for both the girls and the club.

I thought about those options... but more of a PHASE 2 thing. There are serious legal and financial logistics that would need to be worked out for all that. Technically it's easy.

I''ll be back in a sec and throw out some of my ideas for Phase 1.

Lumpy
09-15-2012, 12:04 AM
haha, no he is working on the promo side of things(VIP cards, events, etc) already and has plans for the marketing but is asking for help on the TECH not on the image itself.

I will get to that part in a sec.. I'm building up to it! And I am also still working on it in my head to a certain degree.

EDIT: what do you mean "thumbnail sized site"? Also, does the site look and work like crap on everyone's phones? I told him I thought their site was virtually unusable on a mobile device outside possibly a tablet.

The site is small and very difficult to read. Of course this could be due to it being a flash graphic? :shrug: IMO, a flash graphic looks good for welcome pages, but not throughout the entire site.

Edit: I'm heading off to bed, but I'll check back later.

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm in. What can I do to help these young women enjoy their constitutional right to freedom of expression?

Hammock Parties
09-15-2012, 12:25 AM
A twitter account with GIFs of the girls doing things. Serving awesome looking food and kissing to the camera and winking.

The key would be no nudity on the GIFs. Tease the product, don't show it.

"Ashley serves a fine steak! Come and see her."

788 RETWEETS 1,500 FAVORITES

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:28 AM
ok, so let me explain the business model used at most places as it was explained to me.

The club makes it's money mostly off overpriced drinks and cheap food. The dancers show up (hopefully) for whatever shift they have said they will take and pay the club for the "right" to dance there. Then they do their thing and keep what they earn.

This lends itself to the "good" dancers wanting to build up a clientele. they want to know that their "regulars" will be their when they show up so they can milk them for cash.

Here is a the problem. most clubs don't advertise WHEN a dancer is going to be there. As a matter of fact it's almost unheard of due to the difficulty in keeping track of notoriously unreliable "independent contractors" which the dancers basically are.

ALSO the dancers themselves have no safe and effective way to keep in touch with their customers. Apparently, it's common for them to give out their phone numbers or other contact info which is just insane in my book.

A small number of them create a fake Facebook page to advertise themselves but it is a VERY small percentage.. like under 5%. And they aren't usually tech savvy enough to effectively use it anyway. (and it's also unsafe because they don;t wall it off from their real life enough)

OK, you may see where I am going with all this.. back in a sec to explain more..

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm in. What can I do to help these young women enjoy their constitutional right to freedom of expression?

OK, read my last post and get an idea of the current model and how badly it sucks...

And remember, you may have to come to Austin at some point for a market survey.. this industry is notoriously lacking in proper data. Since this is a technical endeavor, I'm surer DaFace will need to accompany you.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:32 AM
A twitter account with GIFs of the girls doing things. Serving awesome looking food and kissing to the camera and winking.

The key would be no nudity on the GIFs. Tease the product, don't show it.

"Ashley serves a fine steak! Come and see her."

788 RETWEETS 1,500 FAVORITES

While it may be a good idea to leverage twitter some, it has two major problems. #1 there isn't much personal interaction it's really just another spammy way to send out the same old info or pics #2(and this is a huge one) Quite a few guys don't want to have SUGARS show up in their list of "following" accounts where their significant other's can see it. This same issue applies to Facebook, but I'll get to that shortly.

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 12:35 AM
OK, read my last post and get an idea of the current model and how badly it sucks...

And remember, you may have to come to Austin at some point for a market survey.. this industry is notoriously lacking in proper data. Since this is a technical endeavor, I'm surer DaFace will need to accompany you.

I actually did a consulting gig with a strip club once, back when I worked for another consulting company. It was a bit of a different type of project, but nonetheless, I have experience in the field and am willing to travel for my work.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 12:36 AM
ok, so let me explain the business model used at most places as it was explained to me.

The club makes it's money mostly off overpriced drinks and cheap food. The dancers show up (hopefully) for whatever shift they have said they will take and pay the club for the "right" to dance there. Then they do their thing and keep what they earn.

This lends itself to the "good" dancers wanting to build up a clientele. they want to know that their "regulars" will be their when they show up so they can milk them for cash.

Here is a the problem. most clubs don't advertise WHEN a dancer is going to be there. As a matter of fact it's almost unheard of due to the difficulty in keeping track of notoriously unreliable "independent contractors" which the dancers basically are.

ALSO the dancers themselves have no safe and effective way to keep in touch with their customers. Apparently, it's common for them to give out their phone numbers or other contact info which is just insane in my book.

A small number of them create a fake Facebook page to advertise themselves but it is a VERY small percentage.. like under 5%. And they aren't usually tech savvy enough to effectively use it anyway. (and it's also unsafe because they don;t wall it off from their real life enough)

OK, you may see where I am going with all this.. back in a sec to explain more..

Each girl has a profile page on the site. On their page, there can be a notification as to whether they are in or not. When they get to work, they have to "clock in". When they do, their profile page reflects that they are in. Also, customers can chose to be notified either via text or email when their favorite(s) come in so when they clock in, the system automatically sends out the notification.

That should satisfy the need for customer knowing when their girl is there. Also, the profile page could be used as a method of keeping in contact with their clientele.

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 12:38 AM
How many dancers are typically working at any given time? If the customers don't want to get pinged on twitter or facebook, it seems like you could set up an "online time clock" where the dancers check in upon arrival and it then lights up their name on the web site. New visitors can click on the lit-up names to see teaser pictures, and return visitors can check the site and quickly see if their favorite dancer is on site.

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Each girl has a profile page on the site. On their page, there can be a notification as to whether they are in or not. When they get to work, they have to "clock in". When they do, their profile page reflects that they are in. Also, customers can chose to be notified either via text or email when their favorite(s) come in so when they clock in, the system automatically sends out the notification.

That should satisfy the need for customer knowing when their girl is there. Also, the profile page could be used as a method of keeping in contact with their clientele.

Geni(o)us. But I think there has to be one landing page that lists everyone, so a potential visitor can scan quickly. Then he clicks on the lit-up names to go to their profile pages.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 12:40 AM
How many dancers are typically working at any given time? If the men don't want to get pinged on twitter or facebook, it seems like you could set up an "online time clock" where the dancers check in upon arrival and it then lights up their name on the web site. New visitors can click on the lit-up names to see teaser pictures, and return visitors can check the site and quickly see if their favorite dancer is on site.

That is wot I posted. Ya know... I would not be opposed to moving to Denver for a good job. :D

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 12:41 AM
That is wot I posted. Ya know... I would not be opposed to moving to Denver for a good job. :D

Okay. But let me recruit some dancers first.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I actually did a consulting gig with a strip club once, back when I worked for another consulting company. It was a bit of a different type of project, but nonetheless, I have experience in the field and am willing to travel for my work.

Good man! Ok now here are some basic ideas that I have to change the way it all works...

ok, so we've established that strippers work for themselves and WANT a way to communicate directly with customers and drive their own bottom line.

Now, let's look at the ways this can be done besides in person or over the phone... you have the club's website, the club's mobile website, the club's facebook page and text messaging. All of these things in the current form are fine for the club but offer nOTHING of true value to the dancers.

Here is where my idea comes in.

Create a section of the website/mobile site/facebook page that has a MICRO-SITE for each dancer. Let's look at Facebook. So, as a consumer you go to the FB page and see all the junk info, but also have a TAB that let's you go to the Dancer Lounge or whatever you want to call it. From there you could see all the "main forum" general announcements, dancer comments, etc and also pick a particular dancer to go to their micro-site. Now, the micro-site would have The dancer's (fake) name, bio, pics, turn ons, etc and also a scrolling section of "news" that they would be responsible for posting. Also, they would be able to update their schedule instantly. The customer could also privately message the dancer and and get responses back. "BUT WAIT" you say... wouldn't the customer have to Facebook connect or at least LIKE the site? Yes and no, I could make an app called "brown paper bag" or whatever and they connect using THAT and would be able to set up an anonymous "handle" and communicate that way. Now here comes the even cooler part. I could port this whole thing over to work via a mobile web interface. And the really cool part... a custom phone app! So the dancer would have a special dancer portal or app that let's them receive notifications, send updates to the club , track their hours, etc etc AND it would handle communications between them and their clients. "WAIT WAIT WAIT who would want a strip club app on their phone for their wife to find!" you scream! Obviously, the app could be custom named and would have a pin for access.

the part I am still working out is how to leverage text messaging in all of this without setting up a full SMS gateway. the reason I care about texts is for the customers and dancers who have crap phones that can't get on the internet... of course I'm not sure that is an issue these days.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:49 AM

Ha, yep, I just posted my ideas and you are right on track with my thinking.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:50 AM
How many dancers are typically working at any given time? If the customers don't want to get pinged on twitter or facebook, it seems like you could set up an "online time clock" where the dancers check in upon arrival and it then lights up their name on the web site. New visitors can click on the lit-up names to see teaser pictures, and return visitors can check the site and quickly see if their favorite dancer is on site.

Depends on the club. This place probably 10-15 I would guess.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm thinking that the key to the whole thing will be that all of this data will be accessible in multiple ways. Website, mobile site, Facebook, phone app. The most full featured being a phone app because you could set it to receive notifications and "follow" certain dancers schedules.

So, what do you guys think? I honestly think it could seriously change the industry! And as pr_capone pointed out.. you could easily create a phase 2 with more indirect interaction(private webcam shows, etc) to provide both the club and dancers with an additional revenue source.

All of this would start out hosted on our server, so I figure it is only fair and even our duty to review content for any impropriety.

You two are officially in charge of that when we get to that point.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 12:57 AM
the part I am still working out is how to leverage text messaging in all of this without setting up a full SMS gateway. the reason I care about texts is for the customers and dancers who have crap phones that can't get on the internet... of course I'm not sure that is an issue these days.

most mobile carriers use an email address that will transfer over to sms

Sprint phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon phonenumber@vtext.com
T-Mobile phonenumber@tmomail.net
AT&T phonenumber@txt.att.net

with this you would only need to set up an individual email address so that they could either message individually or hit everyone by using a mailing list.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:00 AM
most mobile carriers use an email address that will transfer over to sms

Sprint phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon phonenumber@vtext.com
T-Mobile phonenumber@tmomail.net
AT&T phonenumber@txt.att.net

with this you would only need to set up an individual email address that they could either message individually or hit everyone by using a mailing list.

I have done this in the past. What I do is add their carrier info to the db of users and then it sends based on that. It works ok, but is a bit of a pain. I may have to go that route in the end. I could use the phone app to directly send the messages but that violates my security model and exposes REAL phone numbers to the parties involved, so that's a no go.

In the end, I will just have to see if the demand for text notifications is there. I am guessing you are right and I will have to go this route.

Oh and thanks for providing the links now I don't have to look them up again! :D

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 01:11 AM
I have done this in the past. What I do is add their carrier info to the db of users and then it sends based on that. It works ok, but is a bit of a pain. I may have to go that route in the end. I could use the phone app to directly send the messages but that violates my security model and exposes REAL phone numbers to the parties involved, so that's a no go.

In the end, I will just have to see if the demand for text notifications is there. I am guessing you are right and I will have to go this route.

Oh and thanks for providing the links now I don't have to look them up again! :D

I can see how it would be a pain. They switch mobile carriers and all of a sudden they are no longer receiving notifications. Most people would not remember to update their information if they did change.

You could set up a login page where users can register and receive the notifications directly at the site. If the mail server receives a mailer-daemon delivery failure, it looks up what account that email addy belongs to and kicks up a notification asking the user to update their info. Doing this could also allow the end user to edit the page to where they can set "favorites" so they aren't scanning the page for the girl they are looking for.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:15 AM
I can see how it would be a pain. They switch mobile carriers and all of a sudden they are no longer receiving notifications. Most people would not remember to update their information if they did change.

You could set up a login page where users can register and receive the notifications directly at the site. If the mail server receives a mailer-daemon delivery failure, it looks up what account that email addy belongs to and kicks up a notification asking the user to update their info.

Nice. yep, that's what I'd have to do. Pain to setup the listener to check for delivery failures but possible.

BTW, you are passing Rain Man on seniority on this project... Rain Man better weigh in soon or he'll be stuck surveying the B team dancers! :D

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Depends on the club. This place probably 10-15 I would guess.

Cool. That would work. I was worried that if you only have two or three dancers it would look lame. 10 to 15 would be fine.

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 01:18 AM
AC, my concern with your microsite concept is that I bet the dancers would get deluged with leering people 500 miles away who just want a free chat with a stripper. How could they separate out a real potential visitor from one of the 8 million pervs who have no intention of ever visiting the club?

Plus, I don't think any stripper is going to be updating news on her site. I think you have to make that part static.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Cool. That would work. I was worried that if you only have two or three dancers it would look lame. 10 to 15 would be fine.

OH I get ya... yeah they have multiple stages and what not. I could see a Tuesday afternoon being as small as 5-10 but really I don't have a clue. Yet another thing we need to RESEARCH!

Rain Man
09-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Conceivably the messaging system could have a password that the stripper only gives out on site. However, that relies on two things: the customer not putting the password out on the internet for the leering masses, and the coked-up stripper being able to remember the password. If the first thing happens, you'd have to reset the password and shut out everyone.

Or maybe she has cards to pass out that each have a unique and pre-approved password. That way she doesn't have to remember, and if some greasy customer gives out his password and a bunch of cretins stop using it, you just shut off access for that password.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 01:24 AM
AC, my concern with your microsite concept is that I bet the dancers would get deluged with leering people 500 miles away who just want a free chat with a stripper. How could they separate out a real potential visitor from one of the 8 million pervs who have no intention of ever visiting the club?

I don't think that it would be a huge problem. The page will be marketed locally only so the chances of the page grabbing national/international attention causing said problem would likely be miniscule.

IF the phase 2 of the page would include webcam services... then the deluge of peepers 500 miles away would be a benefit and not a detraction.

Plus, I don't think any stripper is going to be updating news on her site. I think you have to make that part static.

You would be surprised. Take a stroll over to myfreecams.com and you will see a bunch of strippers, most if not all update their page regularly. In this setting, they would only be taking money out of their own, erm... thongs, if they didn't. Massive incentive. From there, people could even purchase "tokens" that they could tip said stripper to gain favor. Tying the login to a monetary source (to verify age or some bullshit) would discourage people from sharing logins.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:25 AM

VERY good points. Let me address them in reverse.

By "news" I really meant "recent public updates". Basically they can communicate publicly and privately one on one. The public general communication would go there. Similar to the Facebook WALL. I don't expect daily updates but something every few days would be reasonable for them.. it's up to them really. They have their own financial fate in their shaking little hates.

I didn't think about the "vetting" process for customers. We'll need to work on that. One possibility is to require them to sign up using their "VIP" number.. which is free for this club, basically it's just a loyalty card system just like a restaurant uses. I really don't like adding a hurdle like that to the system though. One option is to allow anyone in and give them a simple one-click IGNORE option when/if they figure out a "customer' isn't worth the trouble.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:31 AM
I don't think that it would be a huge problem. The page will be marketed locally only so the chances of the page grabbing national/international attention causing said problem would likely be miniscule.

IF the phase 2 of the page would include webcam services... then the deluge of peepers 500 miles away would be a benefit and not a detraction.

yeah, this is my thinking. I think an IGNORE feature would solve this, at least starting out. I will need to have one anyone for stalkers and jerks.

You would be surprised. Take a stroll over to myfreecams.com and you will see a bunch of strippers, most if not all update their page regularly. In this setting, they would only be taking money out of their own, erm... thongs, if they didn't. Massive incentive.

Speaking of that site! this girl is a close personal friend of mine!
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LacyLuck She had ineternet issues once, so I went over to fix her system and once it was done she had to test it and it was freakin hillarious. In a few seconds of logging in there were dozens of guys all asking who the guy was(me) and if I was there for a "show." BTW she is a total sweetheart, really smart and knows how to work the guys for cash! She is actually on board for giving input and testing on Phase 2 if we ever get there. She actually wants me to make a custom iPhone/Android app for her if I ever get time.

Sorry, that was somewhat off topic.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 01:42 AM
I realize you said you weren't messing too much with the site itself but something else that could happen would be that anyone could access the page, register, and set notifications. Those with a VIP card, get additional access to say... softcore photos or even JO encouragement audio clips featuring their favorite girl.

dmahurin
09-15-2012, 01:45 AM
For the mobile app could you have it set up to show each girl and have a link to a blog that is set up for each one. She could update the blog when she gets to work and let people know her schedule that way. It seems like that would be simpler. Just have the girls name and picture that links to the blog. Users could respond and interact via the blog which would keep them from having to go to the site or having to use text or email. No "paper trail" that way.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:48 AM
I realize you said you weren't messing too much with the site itself but something else that could happen would be that anyone could access the page, register, and set notifications. Those with a VIP card, get additional access to say... softcore photos or even JO encouragement audio clips featuring their favorite girl.

Great ideas! I think what I will do is create a full mobile site with a section for the microsites + a facebook tab + an app AND add a link on the website to a full web version of that same content as well. I do like the idea of VIP access... maybe even let them earn points to unlock pics and goodies. Great idea actually. They really want to push the VIP card which earns points based on booze/food purchases where the club makes it real money. The only issue would be incentivizing the girls to add content there. We have to be careful because they are not employees and we can't blur that line too much.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:51 AM
For the mobile app could you have it set up to show each girl and have a link to a blog that is set up for each one. She could update the blog when she gets to work and let people know her schedule that way. It seems like that would be simpler. Just have the girls name and picture that links to the blog. Users could respond and interact via the blog which would keep them from having to go to the site or having to use text or email. No "paper trail" that way.

Sort of. It wouldn't be a blog per se.. it would have the same function but be a bit more specific in both layout and content. The mobile site/FB/text options are all just different ways to reach(or with texts receive) the same content. In theory, no one would use BOTH the mobile site and the phone app. In reality, the phone app would do it all... but just in case I want to have different methods to get to the info to cover any customer's needs.

Overall though, I think you are basically thinking the same way I am on this.

dmahurin
09-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Great ideas! I think what I will do is create a full mobile site with a section for the microsites + a facebook tab + an app AND add a link on the website to a full web version of that same content as well. I do like the idea of VIP access... maybe even let them earn points to unlock pics and goodies. Great idea actually. They really want to push the VIP card which earns points based on booze/food purchases where the club makes it real money. The only issue would be incentivizing the girls to add content there. We have to be careful because they are not employees and we can't blur that line too much.

With the new online content, just have the "independent contractors" contract state that for online sales from there content they recieve x amount and the club receives y amount. They can increase x based on amount of content.

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Wit the new online content, just have the "independent contractors" contract state that for online sales from there content they recieve x amount and the club receives y amount. They can increase x based on amount of content.

only problem is under phase 1.. there aren't any direct sales. The customer would "buy" access with points earned from buying booze/food from the bar over time. It would be a nightmare to try to reimburse girls from that money... not to mention probably a violation of some kind. I am thinking that many of the girls would just do it anyway to expand their customer base. Not sure though. I'll ask my buddy, I'm sure there is a way to compensate them. Maybe the ones who customers "spend" the most on get top site billing and preferential pick of what promo events they want to go on. (where they make damn good money without having to get nekkid)

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 01:56 AM

The incentive is built in. The guys want to see them naked. The VIP could unlock access to, say, 2 sets of pics (10 or so pics per set), and all additional content is a split between the club and the girl.

For example... Stripper Bo Peep would do a minimum of 2 shoots that are unlockable via the website with the use of the VIP card. Have a button or a link called "Wanna see more?". From there, she can upload as many sets of pics, videos, audio that she wants... then charge for access to that additional content. Proceeds from that additional content is split between the girl and the club.

Not only will she make money by adding content herself, it would line the pockets of the club, AND it would likely increase demand because now that the guys have bough all the pics, vids, and audio... they are gonna want to have the real thing squirming in their laps.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 01:58 AM
PS, brain storming this is WAY more fun than sleeping... which is what I should be doing. lol

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 02:00 AM
The incentive is built in. The guys want to see them naked. The VIP could unlock access to, say, 2 sets of pics (10 or so pics per set), and all additional content is a split between the club and the girl.

For example... Stripper Bo Peep would do a minimum of 2 shoots that are unlockable via the website with the use of the VIP card. Have a button or a link called "Wanna see more?". From there, she can upload as many sets of pics, videos, audio that she wants... then charge for access to that additional content. Proceeds from that additional content is split between the girl and the club.

Not only will she make money by adding content herself, it would line the pockets of the club, AND it would likely increase demand because now that the guys have bough all the pics, vids, and audio... they are gonna want to have the real thing squirming in their laps.

Oh I agree 100% for Phase 2 which would have an ecommerce variable to it. I am just talking Phase 1 which would be much more limited.

I think you are really onto something for phase 2 though. The key would be a "contract" making sure they still go to the club X number of times per month or some sort.

For phase 1 I think they could "buy" small things like pic sets but videos and more would be for phase 2.

dmahurin
09-15-2012, 02:00 AM

That's a better articulated version of what I was getting at. :thumb:

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Oh I agree 100% for Phase 2 which would have an ecommerce variable to it. I am just talking Phase 1 which would be much more limited.

I think you are really onto something for phase 2 though. The key would be a "contract" making sure they still go to the club X number of times per month or some sort.

For phase 1 I think they could "buy" small things like pic sets but videos and more would be for phase 2.

Ok, so focusing on Phase 1 only. There are 2 sets of pics per girl that are unlockable via VIP card only. If you have 10-15 girls with the typical turnover rates at these types of places, it should keep the VIP card in steady use. Since the only way to unlock them is with the card, it forces them to have to come in and spend money in order to get that extra content.

The incentive for the girls is still built in and add in the fact that they can manage their clientele way more effectively should mean they are going to make way more money. Guys want the girls so they come in to see them and get their cards recharged. They go home and tug to the pics making them want to see the real thing, they come back... wash, rinse, repeat. No contract needed... and really, who wants to be under contract with a strip club? lol

KChiefer
09-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Doesn't a strip club sell itself??? :shrug:

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Ok, so focusing on Phase 1 only. There are 2 sets of pics per girl that are unlockable via VIP card only. If you have 10-15 girls with the typical turnover rates at these types of places, it should keep the VIP card in steady use. Since the only way to unlock them is with the card, it forces them to have to come in and spend money in order to get that extra content.

The incentive for the girls is still built in and add in the fact that they can manage their clientele way more effectively should mean they are going to make way more money. Guys want the girls so they come in to see them and get their cards recharged. They go home and tug to the pics making them want to see the real thing, they come back... wash, rinse, repeat. No contract needed... and really, who wants to be under contract with a strip club? lol

Sweet! I like the way you think! I am going to mull these ideas over and start to work on the basic architecture. My thinking is to build out the mobile site and backend DB/code first then throw an APP on top of it and do the same for a FB tab. I'll get back to you when I have more details worked out. I have a conference call tomorrow to pitch the basic premise and think this will go over swimmingly. It certainly is something they've never seen before!

Now I need to figure out how to charge them! Yes yes barter system is tempting. :D

AustinChief
09-15-2012, 02:34 AM
Doesn't a strip club sell itself??? :shrug:

Yes, but if they offer better tools for the dancers, they will be able to get the best ones and seriously increase their bottom line. Lot's of competition in the market and this would be a huge differentiator for them.

Dave Lane
09-15-2012, 06:42 AM

I was just going to mention the boob shot needed to much larger. Preferably life sized.

With hard nipples

and 3D

and sensomatic touchable.

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Ok, so basically strip clubs advertise via the occasional billboard or radio spot, word of mouth and the web. Their web advertising in general is awful. They usually have a crappy website which has basic info and some pics or a tour of the building and maybe event info. SOMETIMES a few outdated pics of the girls. Almost no interaction at all. They also tend to have a Facebook page which is often outdated but even if it isn't there is no true interaction. At best they post events occasionally and their status updates are spammy promo pics that are the equivalent of their strip club DJ. "Come on out for $2 Tuesday! And now give it up for Greta on the MAIN STAGE..."

If you notice, none of what they are promoting has anything to do with their main product... THE GIRLS.

A strip club up here in St. Louis, bought a flatbed truck and put a plexiglass cage on the back. Girls danced on poles in bikinis while the truck drove around town. All sorts of ads giving the name of the place and its location plastered as well.

Didn't last long, lots of attention.

Lumpy
09-15-2012, 08:25 AM
I was just going to mention the boob shot needed to much larger. Preferably life sized.

With hard nipples

and 3D

and sensomatic touchable.

Profit! :thumb:

Lumpy
09-15-2012, 08:56 AM
I like the idea of the girls having their active status showing on the site, but the interaction w/ clients online part has me concerned. There are a lot of freaks in the world and the more interaction they have w/ them, the more likely they will get into a situation.

Consider this, some guy goes to the strip club and finds his "favorite", then he starts interacting w/ her online. Next thing you know, he starts stalking her, sends her gifts, etc. There should be a boundary. I understand that a lot goes on behind the scenes at strip clubs, ("special" arrangements for outside of the club), but that should be handled in the club, not online.

Maybe on their profile page they can have a "Rate My Dance", "Tell A Friend", and a guestbook or something. That little bit of "interaction" will keep their regulars interested. They could also have a short video introduction on their page. Just some ideas.

Traveller
09-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Twilio provides an easy API for text messaging. No need to put the effort or money into building you'r own gateway. Messaging is cheap at .01 a message.

http://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing

big nasty kcnut
09-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Here the thing i would have the strippers set up facebook account with their stage names and post it on the site and they could post when they will be on and the site your working on could have the time when the girls perform. plus post their facebook page so the customers could interact with themwithout giving out where they live or phone number.

-King-
09-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I opened the site from my phone. Felt like I was motorboating those tits.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Here the thing i would have the strippers set up facebook account with their stage names and post it on the site and they could post when they will be on and the site your working on could have the time when the girls perform. plus post their facebook page so the customers could interact with themwithout giving out where they live or phone number.

Strippers generally don't like being advertised online. They want their stripper life as secret as possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63
09-15-2012, 11:55 AM
First thing I see is a woman with an awful set of implants

The Franchise
09-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Good Lord.....are they going to do anything with that website? Remake?

Rausch
09-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Try POS terminals.

"I want JADE for a lapdance."

Dude: slides card, pays immediately, and then tips afterwards.

pr_capone
09-18-2012, 11:34 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

meeting go well?

WV
09-19-2012, 12:06 AM
It was called something different when I was there about 8 or more years ago, but I remember you could touch....that was pretty wild.

Phobia
09-19-2012, 12:21 AM

Are you available to create dialogue within the site and then maybe when the girls are there and there are boobies you could describe the boobies in full detail and tell the people who are reading what the boobies look like and then maybe if they bounce or something like that if they are dancing on stage and if the club is cold enough for well you know and then the people who come to the club could help you describe the round bulbous lumps of flesh with the text to put on a twitter feed and then you get to see free boobies just by posting a description of the boobies.

AustinChief
09-19-2012, 05:54 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

meeting go well?

Yup, I have the go ahead to create a project plan and rough mockups of how it would all work. Waiting on word back from the POS guys to find out about loyalty card integration. Assuming all of this works out and moves forward.. the next step will be to get one or two dancers to act as test subjects and a mini-focus group. I'll keep ya posted as it moves forward.

MIAdragon
09-19-2012, 06:00 PM

The club needs to tweet its "menu" for the evening.

AustinChief
09-19-2012, 06:49 PM
The club needs to tweet its "menu" for the evening.

in theory, my solution will be better because you won't have to publicly be a "follower" on Twitter.. where everyone can see you follow a strip club.

That is one key aspect that I am trying to keep in mind.. the idea that it's important to get the info out there discreetly.

Nickel D
09-20-2012, 03:08 AM
The place needs a well-recognized spokesperson who will represent the business with the appropriate sexiness-with-suave combination and appeals to men of all ages. Yeah, you got it: Betty White.