PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF - Chiefs @ Bills, Week 2 - MCCLUSTER COULD GO OFF EVERYONE

Hammock Parties
09-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Go Dex. Prove me wrong.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/14/3tfo-chiefs-bills-week-2/

Bills Defensive Line vs. Chiefs Offensive Line

The major free agent acquisition of the offseason was defensive end Mario Williams’ signing with the Bills and it was a tough start in his debut. He managed only one hit on the QB on his 26 pass rushes, and he did so against relatively unknown offensive tackle Austin Howard. This week Williams will match up against another key offseason free agent in Chiefs OT Eric Winston. Kansas City had putrid play at the right tackle position last year and the addition of Winston is a great fit for an otherwise solid offensive line.

The star of the defensive line for the Bills last Sunday was Kyle Williams, and that’s no surprise for anyone here at PFF. He continues to fly under the radar and he made a big impact on the Jets running game last week (+3.1 Run Defense). He and DT Marcel Dareus will be going up against a strong interior offensive line comprised of LG Ryan Lilja (+2.9), C Rodney Hudson (+0.7), and RG Jon Asamoah (+0.9) for the Chiefs. Keep an eye on this trench battle as it could go a long way toward determining which team is able to avoid falling to 0-2.

Chiefs Wide Receivers vs. the Bills Cornerbacks

It was not a good day for Bills cornerbacks as Aaron Williams (-2.3), Stephon Gilmore (-1.9), and Leodis McKelvin (-3.0) all struggled. All three were big investments for Buffalo in the draft and the highly touted additions to the front line will be useless if the cornerbacks are unable to hold things down on the back end. This week, they take on a developing Chiefs WR corps of Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Dexter McCluster, and Jonathan Baldwin. Bowe is certainly capable of stretching the field, though he needs to do a better job of catching the ball as shown in his two drops last week.

The key matchup to watch here is McCluster against McKelvin. They will face off in the slot where McCluster did some damage last week to the tune of six catches for 82 yards. McKelvin gave up catches on all four targets while covering the slot, including two touchdowns. Admittedly the sample size is small, but McCluster could continue to emerge as a weapon in the passing game this week against Buffalo.

Tamba Hali vs. Cordy Glenn

As mentioned, Hali returns from his one game suspension and he’ll immediately boost the Chiefs pass rush (11.1 Pass Rush Productivity in 2011). He’s been a one man show in recent years as Kansas City has struggled to complement him with another capable rusher. However, second year OLB Justin Houston appears ready to emerge after a solid game last week. Hali rushed from the right side 58.6% of the time last year, so he will see a lot of rookie LT Cordy Glenn who had a fine debut against the Jets. He was chosen near the top of the second round and the Bills have immediately entrusted him with the job of protecting Fitzpatrick’s blind side. Glenn surrendered only one Hurry against the Jets on his 33 pass block attempts but the rookie is facing his first major challenge as a pro when he goes up against Hali this weekend.

pr_capone
09-15-2012, 12:07 AM
He will make a believer of you yet. :D

Cornstock
09-15-2012, 12:20 AM
ESPN has finally pulled their heads out of their asses and changed his listing from "RB" to "RB,WR" for fantasy football. It may be a longshot, but I'm thinking about playing him this weekend. If he gets the same number of targets this week and maybe a lucky TD I would look like a genious. (but not a genius)

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Commentator Hex for the lose.

Unsmooth-Moment
09-15-2012, 01:38 AM
ESPN has finally pulled their heads out of their asses and changed his listing from "RB" to "RB,WR" for fantasy football. It may be a longshot, but I'm thinking about playing him this weekend. If he gets the same number of targets this week and maybe a lucky TD I would look like a genious. (but not a genius)

I like that RB, WR flex he has to him.. THat would be nice to have in a deeper league, especially PPR.

Warrior5
09-15-2012, 02:00 AM
With the Bills F4, I predict Castle crapping his pants often and tossing a lot of panic-stricken dink-dunk to Dex... who will be immediately tackled for loss.

Hope I'm wrong.

YourMother
09-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Does liking Lady boys make me Queer?

And do you consider a ladyboy a chick with a dick or a guy with a hot ass?

Bwana
09-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Does liking Lady boys make me Queer?

And do you consider a ladyboy a chick with a dick or a guy with a hot ass?

Your evaluation period is over.