PDA

View Full Version : Poop Explain this defense. I truly don't get it.

lcarus
09-16-2012, 01:36 PM
How were we pretty good on defense last year minus Berry and now we're a fucking laughingstock? It doesn't make sense to me. The offense...I get how they are so bad.

FloridaMan88
09-16-2012, 01:37 PM
It is the Peter Principle with Romeo.

Great D Coordinator but elevate him to head coach and expand his responsibilities and he can't handle it.

Wade Phillips is the same way.

kcpasco
09-16-2012, 01:37 PM
NO PASS RUSH

bevischief
09-16-2012, 01:38 PM
The Chiefs have a defense?

milkman
09-16-2012, 01:38 PM
They have lost all discipline.

tredadda
09-16-2012, 01:39 PM

And pride

-King-
09-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Romeo can't handle being a DC and a HC.

Scorp
09-16-2012, 01:40 PM
How were we pretty good on defense last year minus Berry and now we're a ****ing laughingstock? It doesn't make sense to me. The offense...I get how they are so bad.

It's a process. :thumb:

Psyko Tek
peter principle, now he needs to be fired
and have no idea who to replace him with
suppose the tuna wants to save his son in law?

KC_Lee

And are as soft as puppy's fur.

Psyko Tek
09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
And pride

getting paid more a year than most of us make inna life time ain't enough

alanm
09-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Explain this defense. I truly don't get it.

It's the time change?

Seriously I quit watching at halftime.

Lzen
09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I have asked the same question. WTF is going on? The Peter principle seems to be the best explanation. But it still doesn't explain how Crennel's defense played so well the last 3 games of last season while he was the interim head coach.

lcarus
09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
It's more than just a little dropoff though. We went from a defense that could stop fucking Green Bay to a defense that is the worst thing I've ever witnessed. Even worse than the Vermeil days. We started Sabby Piscitelli last year and were still good...

milkman
09-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I have asked the same question. WTF is going on? The Peter principle seems to be the best explanation. But it still doesn't explain how Crennel's defense played so well the last 3 games of last season while he was the interim head coach.

There was no pressure at that point in the season.

A change at the HC position fired a spark that simply doesn't sutain itself going into the next season.

Now we are seeing a team that lacks discipline and preparation.

Soft coaching and a soft scheme combine for soft crap.

lcarus
09-16-2012, 01:56 PM

A change at the HC position fired a spark that simply doesn't sutain itself going into the next season.

Maybe we should make a coaching change now to fire a spark?

htismaqe
09-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe we should make a coaching change now to fire a spark?

So Pioli can hire some other Patriot cast-off? No thanks.

Wait until the end of the season and just gut the whole thing.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM

This. What a complete mess. There is absolutely no defending Pioli anymore. The team is stuck and going backwards, his 1st round picks are irrelevant, his team has become irrelevant. Nearly every movie he's made has been the wrong one. Two loser HCs in a row now......the list goes on.

KC_Lee
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM

That's been the problem for the Chiefs dating back to Goonther. We never gut the staff and let a new coach build his own staff we always keep parts of the previous staff of losers.

lcarus
09-16-2012, 02:02 PM
That's been the problem for the Chiefs dating back to Goonther. We never gut the staff and let a new coach build his own staff we always keep parts of the previous staff of losers.

Man I thought when we fired Carl and Herm and hired Pioli, Haley, Weis, and Crennel, we were taking a serious step in the right direction. And it looked promising that first season. I thought they would build on that success. I never imagined it would derail so fast and so bad. Jokes on me I guess.

milkman
09-16-2012, 02:03 PM

Agreed.

I am at the point where I hope we go 0-16 and just blow the whole thing up.

I really believe a disastrous season is our only hope for change.

Psyko Tek
09-16-2012, 02:04 PM
he's players coach
seems these guys need a hard ass

Psyko Tek
09-16-2012, 02:04 PM
woo ohoo the chiefs scored

tk13
09-16-2012, 02:05 PM
The funny thing is people have been hoping for a disastrous season since Vermeil was coach. Problem is when you have no leadership, disastrous seasons just lead to more ones... as we have seen.

lcarus
09-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Agreed.

Unfortunately they'll find a way to win 6 games or so.

New World Order
09-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Crennel is Wade Phillips

rdchief44
09-16-2012, 02:14 PM
AGAIN HE'S A PLAYERS COACH!

milkman
09-16-2012, 02:16 PM
AGAIN HE'S A PLAYERS COACH!

You don't get to say "Again" to start your first post ever, dumbass.

Chiefnj2
09-16-2012, 02:16 PM

There was pressure. They were making a run for the playoffs and Romeo needed a strong performance to be considered for the HC gig.

milkman
09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
There was pressure. They were making a run for the playoffs and Romeo needed a strong performance to be considered for the HC gig.

And if they failed to win games and get to the playoffs, no one was going to critisize a team for failing in that situation, because you are on your second coach, your third QB, and depleted by injury.

No pressure.

mikey23545
09-16-2012, 02:23 PM
This. What a complete mess. There is absolutely no defending Pioli anymore. The team is stuck and going backwards, his 1st round picks are irrelevant, his team has become irrelevant. Nearly every movie he's made has been the wrong one. Two loser HCs in a row now......the list goes on.

You mean he made that movie that got the Muslims all fired up?

aturnis
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM

This along with retarded play calling.

3rd and short and we're in a 2 man front? WTF?!

FAX
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Defense-wise, it looks to me as though Romeo is being out-schemed.

The way his defense is designed, several things have to go your way; 1) Every player has to play his position and technique perfectly on every play, 2) The offense has to make a mistake as you "bend", and 3) The enemy can never, ever throw the football to the tight end guy.

That's asking a lot.

I would also mention that we have some high draft picks on the d-line who are playing a scheme for which they are not particularly well-suited.

FAX

Buckweath
09-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Agreed.

Last year was the perfect time to do start and everybody thought we'd be getting Luck. Now, it's too late. This team will draft the best QB available at its spot, probably around 15th-20th, that's it.

aturnis
09-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Disagree that it's the Peter principal. Crennel's defense started last season incredibly terrible also. I just think it's got a lot to do with how he prepares them for the season. He's too laid back.

reschief
09-16-2012, 02:32 PM
How can you have so many 1st round DL and have such a bad defense that has only one guy that can bring pressure?

YayMike
09-16-2012, 02:35 PM
not so much lack of pressure, but did you notice how many times the LBs were out of place, DJ being the scapegoat, but a well prepared tough team knows where to be at all times....this team is GUESSING what the offense is going to do each play

DaFace
09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Brandon Carr was the glue that held us together apparently.

The Franchise
09-16-2012, 02:46 PM
No pass rush.

Crennel blitzed Eric Berry WAY to many times. We need to move Berry to FS and get a SS. Berry's coverage skills are being under-utilized.

3 1st round picks and our d-line fucking sucks. It's time to move this 3-4 to the what the Texans/49ers run. We need to attack and get rid of this bend/break defense.

Nightfyre
09-16-2012, 02:51 PM
The playcalling on defense was atrocious in the first half. I say in the first half, because I stopped watching after that. Crennel should be fired for failing in such epic fashion with as much talent as he has on defense. He CLEARLY cannot manage being head coach and d coordinator.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-16-2012, 02:52 PM
There is 0 leadership on this team - offense or defense...I really believe that is a BIG part of this....and this despite all the bullshite Pioli was selling about the "right" 53 and the importance of leadership. Not being a leader, how could we expect him to select them? Really - one of the most important aspects of leadership is consistent full effort - give everything you have all the time no matter what...who do you see on this team doing that?

I hate to bring up Ray Lewis - but let's face it - there's a leader - who is the ray lewis on this team? In fact - who was the last true leader that this team had? Gonzo? Trent Green?

milkman
09-16-2012, 02:53 PM
There is 0 leadership on this team - offense or defense...I really believe that is a BIG part of this....and this despite all the bullshite Pioli was selling about the "right" 53 and the importance of leadership. Not being a leader, how could we expect him to select them? Really - one of the most important aspects of leadership is consistent full effort - give everything you have all the time no matter what...who do you see on this team doing that?

I hate to bring up Ray Lewis - but let's face it - there's a leader - who is the ray lewis on this team? In fact - who was the last true leader that this team had? Gonzo? Trent Green?

DT

Dark Horse
09-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Apparently the game plan on defense is to allow long sustained drives in order to keep our offense off the field.

Dave Lane
09-16-2012, 03:20 PM

Yeah but at least Romeo doesn't yell at people like that Haley asshole.