PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What happens first...?

Mr_Tomahawk
09-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Say something has to change...

What change does Scott make first to give the impression he is trying to fix this team...

Simply select which one you think happens first.

MMXcalibur
09-16-2012, 07:01 PM
It's 2012, who gives a shit...we're all going to die anyways.

-King-
Dunno, but if he wants to maintain one shred of credibility, he has to get a new QB.

the Talking Can
i honestly believe neither will happen during the season

SAUTO
09-16-2012, 07:02 PM

This
Posted via Mobile Device

FringeNC
09-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Pioli has already changed coaches. Only one left to throw under the bus is Cassel.

Black Bob
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Cassel benched. It's hard for coaches to get fired before the end of the year.

FlaChief58
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Casshole is on the chopping block first, although it may not be until after the season considdering what we have at backup

RealSNR
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Pioli's love affair with Matty Lukewarm knows no bounds. Truly.

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Cassel will be benched but not yet.

Romeo isn't getting canned, because then we wouldn't have a DC. Daboll would be the head coach.

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
I have a bad feeling that Cassel is going to start next year too.

We will win 4 or 5 games, won't be in draft position, and there won't be any obvious free agent choices,

New World Order
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
If we are 0-6 going into the bye week Cassel will be benched

Munson
09-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Cassel gets benched, and we have a new starter after the bye week at the latest.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Pioli will not do a god. damn. thing.

Hunt will have to take out the trash.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM

We will win 4 or 5 games, won't be in draft position, and there won't be any obvious free agent choices,

With how deep the QB class is this year...a 4 or 5 win team will probably be in a spot to draft a good QB in the 1st. Not many teams will be looking for a 1st rnd QB next year...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
If this continues, I don't see how Cassel is not on the bench.

New World Order
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM

Oh my god, god no. Surely not.

Discuss Thrower
09-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Jacksonville.. Arizona maybe... Possibly Cleveland..?

Maybe dark horse team like Chicago if Cutler blows for the rest of the season.

qabbaan
09-16-2012, 07:11 PM
With how deep the QB class is this year...a 4 or 5 win team will probably be in a spot to draft a good QB in the 1st. Not many teams will be looking for a 1st rnd QB next year...

You're forgetting how risky it is.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Jacksonville.. Arizona maybe... Possibly Cleveland..?

Maybe dark horse team like Chicago if Cutler blows for the rest of the season.

Using a 1st on a QB?

No, Maybe, No, and No.

Coogs
09-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Crennel tried to throw Cassel under the bus when he supported Orton. Pioli put the brakes on just in time to save his boy from getting totally run over.

But it was already out there for fans... and players.

Cassel has to come out, or Pioli will be gone.

09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Shit, the Chiefs can go 0-16 and Pioli will trade down from the pick.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Neither.

They will burn like the heathen kings of old.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM

Pioli won't let it happen.

He knows he's fucked with Quinn anyway.

Orton could have saved Pioli's job, and I said it MONTHS ago.

Fail, Fat Scott.

Big Chief Homer
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Hes not going to do damn thing, but trade a conditional 7th for some scrub qb and tell us its competion and sign
Shaun Smith or some other washed up player from Clarks Bargain Basement Backup Bin

FringeNC
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Crennel tried to throw Cassel under the bus when he supported Orton. Pioli put the brakes on just in time to save his boy from getting totally run over.

But it was already out there for fans... and players.

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded for Matt Moore this week. Two horrific losses, and his scapegoat is now OC in Pittsburgh. Perhaps his love for Matt Cassel and his ego will override his self-preservation instincts, but I doubt it.

Discuss Thrower
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I voted RAC fired... Which would be Week 17. Pioli probably gets two more years and has to find a new HC, drafts a QB in rounds 2-4 and calls it good as Cassel gets one more year to let draftee ride the pine.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Has ANY GM in NFL history ever been granted a third head coach after failing on two hires in four years? JFC

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I just hope we get a better QB soon. I don't know how long it's gonna take everyone to get over Cassel. Everything will be, "Man he Cassel'd that there." LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Has ANY GM in NFL history ever been granted a third head coach after failing on two hires in four years? JFC

This is why the pressure is on Hunt. He has to fire Pioli if things keep getting shittier and shittier.

Big Chief Homer
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded for Matt Moore this week. Two horrific losses, and his scapegoat is now OC in Pittsburgh. Perhaps his love for Matt Cassel and his ego will override his self-preservation instincts, but I doubt it.

How far have we fallen that we are clamoring for the likes of Kyle Orton and Matt Moore:banghead::banghead:

and can get either.

jspchief
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
No way Crennel gets fired this year. Zero chance. NFL coaches don't lose their job after one year. Especially for by uninvolved ownership like the Hunts.

Pioli bought himself an extension by firing Haley early. He put himself in a spot where it would be too reactionary to fire him before Crennel had a chance to build his team.

It's this vicious cycle of holdovers from previous regimes. KC is the worst at it. They always try to cling to the good when they bring in someone new, then when that doesn't work they have to give the guy a chance with his own people. Rinse, repeat. They never go all in, flush completely, and start from scratch. What it has given us is decades of never truly bad, yet decades of never enough change to make a revolutionary step forward.

It's literally like a mashup of the best ways to keep assess in the seats on an annual basis while maximizing profit and never risking full blown failure.

Their approach to QBs is just a trickle down of the entire organizational mindset.

Rausch
09-16-2012, 07:31 PM
It's RAC's last shot at HC.

I think he goes down making his own calls. Perhaps fired by week 8 but he does his own thing...

Coogs
09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Pioli won't let it happen.

He knows he's fucked with Quinn anyway.

Orton could have saved Pioli's job, and I said it MONTHS ago.

Fail, Fat Scott.

He may not have a choice.

Some said we won because of Crennel/Haley being gone... not because of Orton.

It's become obvious that it was more Orton. And while Quinn may be no Orton... Cassel damn sure ain't.

DJJasonp
09-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Fire Pioli AND Crennel.....

Bring in the Chin and let him have the complete control he wants.

Flame away.....

stonedstooge
09-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Only way anything changes is if the fans take money away from Clar Khunt. That's the only language we know that he speaks

Coogs
No way Crennel gets fired this year. Zero chance. NFL coaches don't lose their job after one year. Especially for by uninvolved ownership like the Hunts.

Cam Cameron on line 1.

Mr. Arrowhead

IDK, didnt Matt Millen go through a few with Detroit

chop
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Cassel showed Pioli enough in the first half last week for him not to make a change to the QB position for a couple of years.

I really think there are some players that show flashes of good play that cause the decision makers to think that player just needs better personell around him to succeed. I think these players are coach killers. For whatever reason they just cannot be consistant.

DJJasonp
09-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Cassel showed Pioli enough in the first half last week for him not to make a change to the QB position for a couple of years.

I really think there are some players that show flashes of good play that cause the decision makers to think that player just needs better personell around him to succeed. I think these players are coach killers. For whatever reason they just cannot be consistant.

A good GM knows what they have in a player - and their limitations.

Pioli wont admit it.

Here's the thing: We've hired 3 coordinator-at-best types in a row to be Head Coach for this franchise.

We've made questionable decisions in the draft.

This is ALL on Pioli.

Is it:

A) talent, but poor coaching?
B) lack of talent/talent-assessment?
C) both?

Either of the three above - STILL on Pioli

Rausch
09-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Fire Pioli AND Crennel.....

Bring in the Chin and let him have the complete control he wants.

Flame away.....

I'm in...

chop
A good GM knows what they have in a player - and their limitations.

Pioli wont admit it.

Here's the thing: We've hired 3 coordinator-at-best types in a row to be Head Coach for this franchise.

We've made questionable decisions in the draft.

This is ALL on Pioli.

Is it:

A) talent, but poor coaching?
B) lack of talent/talent-assessment?
C) both?

Either of the three above - STILL on Pioli

I don't disagree with you at all.

Coogs

First half of game one of the regular season after three... or four... very vanilla preseason games.

Halftime adjustments, and a week to watch tape for the Bills, and our offense does nothing outside of garbage time.

One good half won't last forever.

Discuss Thrower
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Marty for midseason Interim..?

... maybe?

Rausch
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM

You notice how Ca$$hole has no fear of throwing deep once the pressure is off (meaning we're so far down we'll lose anyway?)

What if, and I'm just speculating here because I know it won't happen, he did that BEFORE we were down by 21 pts?...

Rausch
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Marty for midseason Interim..?

... maybe?

Yeah, 'cause Marty - legit QB = good things.

http://mtpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/motivator-meghan-mccain-duct-tape-small.jpg

Chief_For_Life58
09-16-2012, 08:10 PM

yes and we need to draft two of them with one being geno smith

Psyko Tek
09-16-2012, 08:50 PM
It's 2012, who gives a shit...we're all going to die anyways.

9ptimist

Psyko Tek
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM

that

Psyko Tek
09-16-2012, 08:53 PM
no fucking way the chiefs draft a QB in the first
7 bucks says they go d line man

Rain Man
09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't think Cassel is the problem right now. The problem is a defense that has given up more points than most NBA teams.

Molitoth
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Cassel has survived because the homer fans have been giving him the same excuses Pioli has.

1) he was in the pro bowl in 2010
2) he needs more weapons
3) he's been through too many OC's
4) he's been injured
blah blah blah

FINALLY these idiots are starting to see that Cassel just sucks, and he is out of excuses.
It's a shame that it has taken this long... but I really think Cassel will be benched after week 5.

The team has given up on him, and so has everyone else. With all of the negative publicity heading towards Hunt even right now... I'm guessing he forces a change at QB.

Molitoth
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't think Cassel is the problem right now. The problem is a defense that has given up more points than most NBA teams.

Cassel wasn't the problem for 1 half of football.

He HAS been the problem for 3 years of football.
(In reality, he did put together a nice string of games on a shitty NFCW in 2010)

lcarus
09-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Cassel has survived because the homer fans have been giving him the same excuses Pioli has.

1) he was in the pro bowl in 2010
2) he needs more weapons
3) he's been through too many OC's
4) he's been injured
blah blah blah

FINALLY these idiots are starting to see that Cassel just sucks, and he is out of excuses.
It's a shame that it has taken this long... but I really think Cassel will be benched after week 5.

The team has given up on him, and so has everyone else. With all of the negative publicity heading towards Hunt even right now... I'm guessing he forces a change at QB.

The problem is, who the hell do they put in at QB? Quinn? He sucks too. I'm all for a change but it won't do any good.

RJ
09-16-2012, 09:17 PM
I say Cassell benched, but not until December. Crennell is fired in the offseason.

My third guess is the Chiefs go on a 17 game winning streak to finally win their second Super Bowl.

el borracho
09-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I think the normal order of things is to change the QB before the head coach. Of course, I've been thinking that for years now and it hasn't happened. I still can't believe that they canned Haley without giving him a shot with a real QB. It has been obvious for years- Cassel needs to go.

el borracho
09-16-2012, 09:53 PM
By the way, my last post is in no way an endorsement of Crennel. He sucks, too.

Romeo's Pants
09-16-2012, 10:10 PM
My third guess is the Chiefs go on a 17 game winning streak to finally win their second Super Bowl.

Genuine peace is forged in the Middle East.
Ron Paul is elected president.
Snoop Dogg becomes a Mormon.
Half-life 3 is released.

Molitoth
09-16-2012, 10:12 PM
The problem is, who the hell do they put in at QB? Quinn? He sucks too. I'm all for a change but it won't do any good.

Anyone else whom is not proven to suck playing for the KC chiefs.

There are 2 QB's on the roster with huge unknowns.

Weed through them (in a more timely manner than Cassel has had) until we find a good one.

notorious
09-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I usually use logic and reasoning to figure out what will happen.

Unfortunately, logic and reasoning have not been used by this entire franchise so I have no idea what will happen.

I think Romeo will feel pressure to try anything different to save himself, hence benching Casshole.

Bowser
09-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Pfffft, like Cassel is getting benched. He already has a 300 yard game under his belt this season. You can't bench production like that. /derp