PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The 3-4

oldandslow
09-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Anyone sick of it as I am...Maybe it's just the personnel they drafted, or the type 3-4 they run, but I really miss 4-3 attack style football.

TEX
09-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Anyone sick of it as I am...Maybe it's just the personnel they drafted, or the type 3-4 they run, but I really miss 4-3 attack style football.

Problem is they never really had the right pieces to run it. It was forced on the personnel at hand and they drafted out of need instead of talent available. When you do that, you have to run all types of hybrids to compensate. Many teams in the AFC run it well. (Pittsburg, Baltimore and Houston for example) You have to have the right pieces.

Bob Dole
09-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Pretty sure the 4 aren't supposed to be standing flat footed at the snap, then jog in place like ours are most of the time.

Ace Gunner
09-17-2012, 07:48 AM
your only pass rusher is ONLY SUCCESSFUL PLAYING 7 & 9 TECH, GIVING HIM A STANDING, RUNNING HEAD START.

Monster 43RDE's don't grow on trees, thus the 34 is gained popularity. In fact, all you gotta do is look around this league and discover the talent pool at many key positions is dried up.

You got no talent because there isn't any available to your team unless you make some massive trade concessions, which did not work out for the Chiefs before and isn't working out for other teams now. See Redskins, Buf, Raiders, Chargers and all the other shit teams that can't fix their problems any other way than through the draft, even though they have all tried FA in mass proportions.

Find somebody that can draft and then give the dude time to put it together. At least now you have some young base to start.

Quesadilla Joe
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm glad Denver went away from it. The 3-4 was the flavor of the month a few years ago. Everybody was trying to switch to it and the players needed to run it were being drafted earlier and earlier. Guys who should have been falling to the late first or second rounds were being drafted in the top 10. And the ELITE NT's like Wilfork don't come around too often.

scho63
09-17-2012, 08:15 AM

Maybe I'm foolish and the stats will prove me wrong but I also hate the the 3-4. It seems like it allows today's throw happy QB's all the time in the world to complete passes.

I remember the good ol days of Kevin Ross, Albert Lewis, Deron Cherry, James Hasty and the tough man to man we could execute. AHHH the memories

mcaj22
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Houston transitioned from a 43 to a 34 IN A FUCKING YEAR. LET THEIR TWO BEST 43 PLAYERS GO FOR NOTHING and are still a top 34 defense. All about the scheme and FO to get the players in there.

What has taken Houston 1 year has taken Pioli, RAC and the Chiefs 4. And the Chiefs are not even close

Bump
09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
My question is how did our defense regress this much?

Aspengc8
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
My question is how did our defense regress this much?

Carr gone and we have a free safety with a busted shoulder, and a ss with a 80% healed knee.

L.A. Chieffan
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm glad Denver went away from it. The 3-4 was the flavor of the month a few years ago. Everybody was trying to switch to it and the players needed to run it were being drafted earlier and earlier. Guys who should have been falling to the late first or second rounds were being drafted in the top 10. And the ELITE NT's like Wilfork don't come around too often.

Makes me want to puke when i agree with this guy

The Franchise
09-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Move to the 1 gap system. Put Powe at NT and Poe at DE.

saphojunkie
09-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Makes me want to puke when i agree with this guy

And yet he is so right :(.

Urc Burry
09-17-2012, 09:38 AM

I have been wondering this. I think Dorsey could thrive too, since he was drafted to be a penetrator

Aspengc8
09-17-2012, 09:40 AM

They do run a lot of 1 gap. Doesn't help if neither of our ILB's can get off a block. Watching the SF game last night.. doesn't even look like our ILB's lift weights compared to how jacked they are.

htismaqe
09-17-2012, 09:43 AM

I think we're setup nicely to run a 1-gap 3-4.

TEX
09-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Houston transitioned from a 43 to a 34 IN A ****ING YEAR. LET THEIR TWO BEST 43 PLAYERS GO FOR NOTHING and are still a top 34 defense. All about the scheme and FO to get the players in there.

What has taken Houston 1 year has taken Pioli, RAC and the Chiefs 4. And the Chiefs are not even close

Yep. This X 10.

They made the switch last year and went from a bottom feeder to top 5 Defense. I believe they finished # 3. It's called learning from your mistakes and knowing WTF you're doing. The best part of Pioli is still coaching the Patriots. He is a FRAUD.