PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Long list of Chiefs injuries today

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

Long list of Chiefs injuries today. Will detail shortly

Crennel said Boss, O'Connell, Lilja, Wiley, Lewis, Breaston, Toribio, Bailey, Brown, McCluster either won't prac or will be limited today

But he said Charles and Arenas are OK and will be full participants

milkman
09-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Did O'Connell bruise his ass from hitting it on the bench too hard?

BigMeatballDave
Yet Cassel lives...

In58men
Injury prone ass team.

BoneKrusher
09-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Yet Cassel lives...

yeah go figure.

KCUnited
09-19-2012, 01:04 PM
"Working from home" again, Bob?

QuikSsurfer
09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
What happened to Dexter? I watched him get absolutely blasted (held on to the ball, tough little shit) in the Buffalo game on the 12 yard reception -- but he stayed in for the next few plays.
Was it released that Boss had a concussion?

Deberg_1990
09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Yet Cassel lives...

Hes tough as nails and durable at least.

L.A. Chieffan
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Yet Cassel lives...

Tough S.O.B. ... any other QB probably wouldve been toast after that showing by their OL

Bewbies
09-19-2012, 01:08 PM
We need a week where the whole o-line is hurt, that way the next week our QB will be hurt.

Grim
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Hopefully, Lilja will stay injured and we'll get to see some Jeff Allen on Sunday.

KCUnited
09-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Hard to believe Lilja is only 31, dude seems like he's 40.

McCluster has a shoulder.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Where's the GM's bruised ego?

BoneKrusher
09-19-2012, 01:15 PM

LMAO
he needs to be listed on the PUP list.

Bewbies
09-19-2012, 01:16 PM

Right next to our QB's bruised uterus.

Easy 6
09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Yet Cassel lives...

LMAO

BossChief
09-19-2012, 02:00 PM
People hated Haley, but his demanding nature kept guys off these lists...even in a lockout shortened offseason.

Now, I'm sure some idiot will show up and try to mention the ACL crew as a counter to my statement...this is for those dumbasses:

LOL@u

Sofa King
09-19-2012, 02:01 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qEnG7bCyEhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The teams aren't right, but you get the idea.

WV
09-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Hes tough as nails and durable at least.

He's like the drunk that plows into a family of four.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2012, 02:06 PM
I knew Dex wouldn't last long.

Just not an NFL player.

Three7s
09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
People hated Haley, but his demanding nature kept guys off these lists...even in a lockout shortened offseason.

Now, I'm sure some idiot will show up and try to mention the ACL crew as a counter to my statement...this is for those dumbasses:

LOL@u
I think we're starting to see the good along with the bad sides we already knew with Haley. While it's true that he messed around with the play-calling and was a nutcase on the sidelines, he really did a great job of getting players in shape and making them durable for the season. Crennel has done a terrible job in that respect

This is just like the Herm years, only worse.

Titty Meat
09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
We need to lose this 1 and the next 13.

HemiEd
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Mailing it in, want no part of a sinking ship.

Why risk a career ending injury if you can claim injury and set out?

I was wrong about the comparisons to Frank Ganz, this is worse.

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2012, 02:27 PM

or at least the next 8 for the ax to come down on Pioli.

FAX
09-19-2012, 02:27 PM

LOL@u

Actually, I seem to recall a whole lotta peeps jumping on Haley's butt like a Floridian Donkey after the plague of ACL injuries hit us last year. As I remember it, they blamed him for a "soft" pre-season program or something along those lines.

Obviously, we aren't getting the ACLs, but we seem to be getting dinged up quite a bit here in the early going.

And if these guys don't start playing with some energy and focus, it's just going to get worse. The easiest way to get injured is to half-ass your play or lose your concentration. It's the same way in my business. If you get sloppy, you'll spill a beer in your amp head and "boom!" before you can say, "Do I smell car exhaust?", sparks start jumping between your teeth and your ears are smoking.

FAX

Chiefnj2
09-19-2012, 02:38 PM
With 2 TE's down and Moeaki being ineffective, I'm hoping Daboll spreads out the offense like Gailey did. Get some 4 WR sets.

Molitoth
09-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Basically the players are wanting off of this sinking ship.

You notice last year when Cassel started getting a LOT of criticism, he came up with some bunk unknown hand injury.

Easy 6
09-19-2012, 02:50 PM
And if these guys don't start playing with some energy and focus, it's just going to get worse. The easiest way to get injured is to half-ass your play or loose your concentration. It's the same way in my business. If you get sloppy, you'll spill a beer in your amp head and "boom!" before you can say, "Do I smell car exhaust?", sparks start jumping between your teeth and your ears are smoking.

FAX

Atleast at some level, i believe thats a huge part of most of these 'injuries' & old fashioned terrible play... this team has almost acted as if they've been reading too many homer posts on Chiefsplanet... 'ALL THE STUDS ARE BACK, ROMEOS LIKE MY BELOVED GRANDPAPPY, AND WE ADDED A FEW GOOD DUDES IN FA, ALL WE GOTTA DO IS SHOW THE **** UP, WOOOOOO!'

Throw in a Cassel to 'inspire' them when reality japslaps'em in the third quarter & you get the perfect maelstrom of malingering... 'eh, the chips are down, lets see if Grandpa can fix this before i try again'. I reeeally didnt want to believe the 'Romeo is soft' club at first, but they are gaining on me post-haste... i still want to give this man a chance, but he's on a leash the length of a green bean with me.

What worries me, is the thought of a few 'HEY WERE MAD!' wins in the near future that glosses it all over but doesnt address the underlying problems.

BoneKrusher
09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Basically the players are wanting off of this sinking ship.

You notice last year when Cassel started getting a LOT of criticism, he came up with some bunk unknown hand injury.

is it possible the players on the Chiefs roster are blowing coverages and assignments in protest of a true QB or not liking the way Bowe got treated after playing lights out w/o having a decent QB since he became a chief?

i dunno.

Chiefspants
09-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Did O'Connell bruise his ass from hitting it on the bench too hard?

ROFL

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2012, 03:04 PM
is it possible the players on the Chiefs roster are blowing coverages and assignments in protest of a true QB or not liking the way Bowe got treated after playing lights out w/o having a decent QB since he became a chief?

i dunno.

I really do believe the team is quitting on Cassel because they don't believe in his ability to play the position and to lead. Look how the team played with Orton at the helm in comparison to now. They saw what an average NFL caliber QB could do with the same weapons at his disposal and he succeeded with an upset victory over GB and instead of pissing himself because of the pressure it presented.

FAX
09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Nah ... I think O'Connell (sp?) drank his Gatorade too fast and came down with the brain freeze.

FAX

FAX
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I really do believe the team is quitting on Cassel because they don't believe in his ability to play the position and to lead. Look how the team played with Orton at the helm in comparison to now. They saw what an average NFL caliber QB could do with the same weapons at his disposal and he succeeded with an upset victory over GB and instead of pissing himself because of the pressure it presented.

Truth Monkey spanked his ass over this post.

FAX

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I knew Dex wouldn't last long.

Just not an NFL player.

Dumb

oRYMANo
09-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Actually, I seem to recall a whole lotta peeps jumping on Haley's butt like a Floridian Donkey after the plague of ACL injuries hit us last year. As I remember it, they blamed him for a "soft" pre-season program or something along those lines.

Obviously, we aren't getting the ACLs, but we seem to be getting dinged up quite a bit here in the early going.

And if these guys don't start playing with some energy and focus, it's just going to get worse. The easiest way to get injured is to half-ass your play or loose your concentration. It's the same way in my business. If you get sloppy, you'll spill a beer in your amp head and "boom!" before you can say, "Do I smell car exhaust?", sparks start jumping between your teeth and your ears are smoking.

FAX

It's cassel holding onto the ball too long and hanging people out to dry over the middle!

Dayze
09-19-2012, 03:11 PM
where's pride on the injury list?

Detoxing
09-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Still hanging out back in week 1 of the preseason.

Someone should probably go pick him up.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Still hanging out back in week 1 of the preseason.

Someone should probably go pick him up.

I think we tried to sneak him through waivers and someone grabbed him.

Frazod
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Pride's on IR. Dignity is on PUP.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
What a trainwreck of a season.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Pride's on IR. Dignity is on PUP.

LMAO

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2012, 03:19 PM
It's cassel holding onto the ball too long and hanging people out to dry over the middle!

I've always said that Cassel leads his receivers into possible getting killed which is caused by his lack of arm and remedial coverage recognition skills when he's not staring down the passrush.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Pioli has a bruised ego; but that should'nt effect his chances of getting a long term deal done.

King_Chief_Fan
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
looks like built in excuses for the next loss to me

Hammock Parties
09-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Dumb

Yep, bad pick.

BoneKrusher
09-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I've always said that Cassel leads his receivers into possible getting killed which is caused by his lack of arm and remedial coverage recognition skills when he's not staring down the passrush.
yep.
i bet the KC WR's hate Cassel more than i do. LMAO

whoman69
09-19-2012, 03:27 PM

right next to his sandy vag

O.city
09-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Boss, Lilja and O'Connell only ones not to practice today.

DeezNutz
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Wiley has been an outstanding pick thus far.

Pawnmower
09-19-2012, 04:34 PM
yep.
i bet the KC WR's hate Cassel more than i do. LMAO

Especially Dwayne Bowe

Hurp Durp

O.city
09-19-2012, 04:34 PM
People want to bitch and moan about giving up draft picks to draft a single player.

What exactly, at this point, would we be missing by giving up last years entire draft to the Rams to draft RGIII? Throw in a first next year if you have too, or even 2 more firsts?

DeezNutz
09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
What exactly, at this point, would we be missing by giving up last years entire draft to the Rams to draft RGIII?

Frustration, pain, and general annoyance with management's level of incompetence.

O.city
09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
I just do not understand the Chiefs management. You know what the best way to increase fan excitement and get guys in the seats?

Don't continually draft defensive lineman and force us to watch QB after QB, who was likely drafted in the first round, come into Arrowhead and piss pound our offense led by a 7th round special teamer and a defense full of 1 rounders that can't get off the fucking field.

Rausch
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Boss, Lilja and O'Connell only ones not to practice today.

Sweet. Time to see what we've got in Allen.

I'm ready to see some significant Powe time as well...

O.city
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Powe has been playing. He hasn't really done shit.

KCUnited
09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Wiley has been an outstanding pick thus far.

You can't rush a sore ham. /snAC

Pawnmower
09-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I just do not understand the Chiefs management. You know what the best way to increase fan excitement and get guys in the seats?

Don't continually draft defensive lineman and force us to watch QB after QB, who was likely drafted in the first round, come into Arrowhead and piss pound our offense led by a 7th round special teamer and a defense full of 1 rounders that can't get off the ****ing field.

Wait so you are saying we should draft a LG or CB next year 1ith the 1st pick, correct?

BoneKrusher
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
If Pioli's still here it'll be another LSU Defensive Lineman.

RustShack
09-19-2012, 04:46 PM
If Pioli's still here it'll be another LSU Defensive Lineman.

Because hes drafted one ever?

BoneKrusher
09-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Because hes drafted one ever?

TJ was such a bust, he prolly wants another.

petegz28
09-19-2012, 05:03 PM
good, maybe Allen, Maneri and Baldwin will get some playing time

MMXcalibur
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Almost to the point where the Chiefs should be coming out with news on who is healthy and/or not a whiny bitch with a hangnail.

whoman69
09-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Almost to the point where the Chiefs should be coming out with news on who is healthy and/or not a whiny bitch with a hangnail.

blue flu?

FlaChief58
09-19-2012, 08:03 PM

NO! we need to win 1 game. We suck enough without having an 0-16 season on our resume

bevischief
09-20-2012, 07:10 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/20/3362006/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-report-new-orleans-saints#storyjump

Chiefs Injury Report Is 25 Percent (!!) Of The Roster

Headshot_tiny by Joel Thorman on Sep 20, 2012 5:18 AM PDT

I feel like David after the dentist: Is this real life?

The Kansas City Chiefs ended up having 13 total players on Wednesday's injury report which if you divide by 53 equals 24.5 percent of the roster. This comes after the Todd Haley era where the Chiefs would regularly have two, sometimes three players on the injury report.

Romeo Crennel took nearly two minutes yesterday reading off all the injuries and he only mentioned 10 of them. There were actually 13.

Your Wednesday injury report:

Full Participation: Javier Arenas, Allen Bailey, Jamaal Charles

This is an upgrade for Bailey, who hasn't yet played this year. Looks like he'll have a legit shot of playing this weekend. Charles and Arenas are both expected to be fine and play.

Limited Participation: Steve Breaston, Jalil Brown, Kendrick Lewis, Dexter McCluster, Jacques Reeves, Anthony Toribio, Devon Wylie

Here are the specifics of all these injuries. Some jammed thumbs and sore shoulders. Brown, Lewis, Toribio and Wylie are the returning players on this list. It doesn't sound like Lewis has a great shot at playing this weekend. Could be a little while.

Did Not Participate: Kevin Boss, Ryan Lilja, Jake O'Connell

Boss had this nasty looking head injury last weekend:

mcaj22
09-20-2012, 07:16 AM
i read this on my fantasy wire today.

Spin:
McCluster was one of 13 players listed on the Chiefs' injury report Wednesday, a situation that forced coach Romeo Crennel to elect to hold the team's practice without pads.

!!! you gotta be ****ing me. 0-2 and a shitload of injuries and you are holding team practices with no pads. no wonder we lose/this coach is shit

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Powe has been playing. He hasn't really done shit.

Do you know how many snaps he's been getting?

BoneKrusher
09-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Pioli and company are setting up an excuse as to why the Chiefs lose by 38 points this week.

ct
09-20-2012, 08:42 AM
so wth was the real story w/ jamaal last week? frankly i don't buy for a second he tweaked his knee. is this team tryin to tank out? cause you don't pull your most dynamic rb in the 1st half when the game is far from over and say well it's over let's not get him hurt.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Boss is doubtful. Reeves too. LMAO

Sofa King
09-20-2012, 10:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/urPEh.gif

A knee to the back of the head could have ended all of our problems right here.

Rausch
09-20-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/20/3362006/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-report-new-orleans-saints#storyjump

Chiefs Injury Report Is 25 Percent (!!) Of The Roster

Headshot_tiny by Joel Thorman on Sep 20, 2012 5:18 AM PDT

I feel like David after the dentist: Is this real life?

The Kansas City Chiefs ended up having 13 total players on Wednesday's injury report which if you divide by 53 equals 24.5 percent of the roster. This comes after the Todd Haley era where the Chiefs would regularly have two, sometimes three players on the injury report.

Romeo Crennel took nearly two minutes yesterday reading off all the injuries and he only mentioned 10 of them. There were actually 13.

Your Wednesday injury report:

Full Participation: Javier Arenas, Allen Bailey, Jamaal Charles

This is an upgrade for Bailey, who hasn't yet played this year. Looks like he'll have a legit shot of playing this weekend. Charles and Arenas are both expected to be fine and play.

Limited Participation: Steve Breaston, Jalil Brown, Kendrick Lewis, Dexter McCluster, Jacques Reeves, Anthony Toribio, Devon Wylie

Here are the specifics of all these injuries. Some jammed thumbs and sore shoulders. Brown, Lewis, Toribio and Wylie are the returning players on this list. It doesn't sound like Lewis has a great shot at playing this weekend. Could be a little while.

Did Not Participate: Kevin Boss, Ryan Lilja, Jake O'Connell

Boss had this nasty looking head injury last weekend:

I think Steve Breaston is willing to sit this one (year) out...

bevischief
09-20-2012, 10:45 AM
How about a nice team building exercise called run till we puke and we keep doing this till you clowns start getting your head out of ass and play football.

Dave Lane
09-20-2012, 11:07 AM

IR

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Can't wait to add Allen Bailey to the list of failed Pioli picks. He's on the cusp.

BoneKrusher
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Can't wait to add Allen Bailey to the list of failed Pioli picks. He's on the cusp.

i was hoping he would make it, he used to have a sig i made for him on his FB page.
he's a cool dude.

kc rush
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Just building in an excuse for why the team loses this Sunday.

Chiefspants
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I think Steve Breaston is willing to sit this one (year) out...

He's looking to pull a Chambers this year, that's for sure.

New World Order
09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
My name is Scott Pioli. I plan to rebuild this Chiefs team through the draft. Now let me go out and trade a second round pick for a franchised qb.

Sorry.

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Allen Bailey with three sacks this week. Mark it.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2012, 04:29 PM

SO FUN WISHIN PLAYERS SUCK!!!

BossChief
09-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Romeo Crennel = Mike Singeltary without the playing history?

Titty Meat
09-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Romeo Crennel = Mike Singeltary without the playing history?

Atleast Sing had passion.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
SO FUN WISHIN PLAYERS SUCK!!!

Chances are he sucks.

So let's hope he does to his fullest so Pioli can make like a tree, and fuck off.

bevischief
09-20-2012, 05:19 PM
This team at this point is so full of fail.

BoneKrusher
09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
This team at this point is so full of fail.

yep.
glad i didn't get my hopes up this off season.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Great seats still available Bone!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Chances are he sucks.

So let's hope he does to his fullest so Pioli can make like a tree, and fuck off.

Pioli isn't leaving anytime soon, so you better hope some guys like him step up. Things stay the course, he'll throw Romeo and Cassel under the bus and buy some time.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM
After missing time to injury...I'm going to expect Bailey to take some time to get up to speed.

After the bye, the guy will start to grow by leaps and bounds...hopefully.

He will probably struggle for the next couple games.

Sorter
09-20-2012, 07:31 PM
^^^This. The guy is a fantastic sub-rushing 3-tech.

He had great displays against NE, Pitt, Chicago, Denver, and GB. It will take him time to get back up to speed though. However, a healthy Bailey helps Poe's learning curve.