PDA

View Full Version : Life Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PMcGF_8muHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kids can't play outside now?

LMAO

Sofa King
09-19-2012, 03:54 PM
She wasn't arrested because her kids were playing, she was arrested because she's a ginger and so are her kids.

acesn8s
09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Sue away

Ace Gunner
09-19-2012, 05:16 PM
good.

Bump
09-19-2012, 05:37 PM
This is when people should sue.

WOW

I am actually dumbfounded by this story. Is this America? What is this bullshit?

Mama Hip Rockets
09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
She wasn't arrested because her kids were playing, she was arrested because she's a ginger and so are her kids.

And her voice sucks.

Ming the Merciless
09-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Normally I am very anti litigation, but by all means SUE and I hope both the neighbor and the arresting officer have to personally come out of pocket.

Saul Good
09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
For what? You think there isn't another side of this story?

Brock
09-19-2012, 05:52 PM

what.....might that be?

Saul Good
09-19-2012, 05:56 PM
what.....might that be?

I don't know. Maybe she wasn't really outside when the police showed up, and her kids were driving motorized scooters in the street without supervision.

Of course, maybe the neighbor, the police officers, and the prosecuting attorney's office are just out to get her for no reason.

Bump
09-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't know. Maybe she wasn't really outside when the police showed up, and her kids were driving motorized scooters in the street without supervision.

Of course, maybe the neighbor, the police officers, and the prosecuting attorney's office are just out to get her for no reason.

Ya maybe she was using the kids as a decoy while she was building her fertilizer bomb in her garage to use to blow up a building downtown. Everybody notices the kids, but not the garage......

Radar Chief
09-19-2012, 06:17 PM

Then why were the charges dropped? If there were any validity to them she would be prosecuted.

Bugeater
09-19-2012, 06:30 PM
There always is, or at least something that's not being told. Her kids could be little shithead troublemakers...or maybe she's already been warned about them playing in the street.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 07:05 PM
They should've followed policy and tazed her.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 07:07 PM

LMAO
I missed this the first time

petegz28
09-19-2012, 07:09 PM

Since when do you have to supervise your kids when they play outside? Legally speaking

Frazod
09-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Unless that's the biggest piece of shit cop in history, there's got to be something more to this story than that. Previous noise complaints? Multiple police visits? Cop rolled up and she told him to fuck off?

And on an unrelated note, I'd hit it.

Bearcat
09-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Apparently the neighbor stretched the truth a bit...

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/07/50051.htm

"On the day of her arrest, Cooper's children were playing on their scooters in the cul de sac when her neighbor, defendant Shelley Fuller, called the City of La Porte Police Department to report that Cooper had 'abandoned' her children," the complaint states.

Cooper says she told the responding La Porte policeman that she had been home the whole time.

"Unknown Officer went across the street to talk with defendant Fuller. It was at this point that Fuller reported, for the first time, that she had struck one of Cooper's children with her vehicle as they played in the street," the complaint states. "Unknown Officer returned to Cooper's home, and after another conversation with Unknown Officer, Cooper was placed under arrest for the felony offenses of child endangerment and child abandonment.

"Never at any point were any of Cooper's children hit by a car as they played in the street. Moreover, Cooper was observing her children the entire time they were outside on the date of her arrest and thus could not plausibly have abandoned them. Despite the fact that Fuller alleged she had hit one of the children with her vehicle, no medical response was called for or needed as it was obvious that neither child had been hit by a car or was hurt in any way. Interestingly, Fuller was never confronted about her lie regarding striking the child with the car. Instead, Cooper, the victim of an angry neighbor, was arrested and charged with a crime in a public and embarrassing manner."

ElGringo
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Playing outside unsupervised is now a crime? Damn, my parents would have been in jail for life.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
$$$$$

Frazod
09-19-2012, 07:18 PM
And if they weren't unsupervised before, they certainly were after the cops hauled mom off to jail.

Setsuna
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM
This country has gone full retard and I mean as full as you can get.

RedNFeisty
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM

Hey now, punk! 4321

LMAO

Retarded neighbor and police officer is the problem here.

MagicHef
09-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Wow, do I love Texas.

Radar Chief
09-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Apparently the neighbor stretched the truth a bit...

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/07/50051.htm

Ah, psycho neighbor lady. Makes sense. Wonder why she isn't in trouble for submitting a false report?

Radar Chief
09-19-2012, 08:04 PM
And if they weren't unsupervised before, they certainly were after the cops hauled mom off to jail.

Yea, ^this too.

Frazod
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Her husband was also away on military duty in another city.

I mean, holy shit. :spock:

Brock
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM

I don't believe it is illegal for kids to play outside without supervision, motorized scooters or not.

They dropped the charges because they knew the judge would have laughed them out of court.

I hope she collects millions and bankrupts Mrs. Kravitz and Officer Fife in the process.

petegz28
09-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the Cop saw that justified following through with the arrest? The kids were not hurt. The mom was home, outside or not, she obviously had not abandoned them.

Seems to me the neighbor is just an angry person that didn't like the kids outside playing in her street.

Brock
09-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the Cop saw that justified following through with the arrest? The kids were not hurt. The mom was home, outside or not, she obviously had not abandoned them.

Seems to me the neighbor is just an angry person that didn't like the kids outside playing in her street.

A lot of cops are retards.

09-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Playing outside unsupervised is now a crime? Damn, my parents would have been in jail for life.

No doubt man. We were outside unsupervised for 12 hours a day sometimes.

Frazod
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
No doubt man. We were outside unsupervised for 12 hours a day sometimes.

All those times I'd just grab a shotgun and wander out into the field by myself. I guess they wouldn't approve of that, either.

Dayze
09-19-2012, 09:28 PM
All those times I'd just grab a shotgun and wander out into the field by myself. I guess they wouldn't approve of that, either.

It's not an assault rifle so youre good.