PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anybody listening to the Travis Daniels clips on the Border Patrol right now?

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Apparently TJ Carpenter asked him on Sports Night last night if Romeo is the same guy now that he's the head coach.

It's hard to transcribe verbatim when I'm listening to it live but he essentially said:

"He's pretty much the same guy. There's some things that are different like we can't ask him questions on the sideline now like we could before."

TJ thought that was pretty damning (as he should) and said like "wait, you can't ask him about the defensive playcalling? What do you do then?"

Daniels said "we just have to look for somebody else to ask."

WOW.

notorious
09-20-2012, 08:13 AM
:facepalm:

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 08:14 AM
It seems like it would be somewhat better to give Carthon an increased role and allow him to manage the game at times. This isn't good and RAC needs to be able to communicate. This is almost as bad as Haley's three man playcalling system.

Buckweath
09-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I like Crennel even though I don't think he's the best HC but if the defense doesn`t vastly improve within the next two games, it`s clear he can`t handle being both the HC and DC. That being said, guys like D. Johnson, Hali and Berry shouldn't need great coaching to look good on the field. They have been at best invisible so far.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:20 AM
I like Crennel even though I don't think he's the best HC but if the defense doesn`t vastly improve within the next two games, it`s clear he can`t handle being both the HC and DC. That being said, guys like D. Johnson, Hali and Berry shouldn't need great coaching to look good on the field. They have been at best invisible so far.

Forget the coaching, they NEED TO KNOW THE FRICKIN PLAYCALL.

This is a clusterfuck EASILY on par with Haley. In fact, it's worse because

1) Romeo isn't a first-time head coach and

2) Romeo was hand-picked by Pioli to purge this kind of Haley-esque crap from the team.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:21 AM
It seems like it would be somewhat better to give Carthon an increased role and allow him to manage the game at times. This isn't good and RAC needs to be able to communicate. This is almost as bad as Haley's three man playcalling system.

NO, NO, NO.

If Carthon is going to manage the game, MAKE HIM HEAD COACH.

The ONLY course of action here is to HIRE A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Anything else and Romeo as head coach is a failure and he needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY.

mr. tegu
09-20-2012, 08:22 AM
I heard about this as well. This is just infuriating. It is no wonder the defense gets worst as the game goes on.

Defensive Coordinator should be talking to his guys and they should all be working on adjustments while the offense is on the field. Instead Romeo has to do everything else that is involved in coaching the team such as challenges, timeouts, etc.

notorious
09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
How in the fuck can a coach run a team like this?

No wonder there are no adjustments. The coach isn't communicating with the players to make the fucking adjustments.

This interview pissed me off.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Like I said, if Haley was a disaster, what does that make this?

Absolutely inexcusable.

Radar Chief
09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
I heard about this as well. This is just infuriating. It is no wonder the defense gets worst as the game goes on.Defensive Coordinator should be talking to his guys and they should all be working on adjustments while the offense is on the field. Instead Romeo has to do everything else that is involved in coaching the team such as challenges, timeouts, etc.

It suddenly makes a lot of sense, and come to think of it every time the camera swings over to RAC on the sidelines he’s talking on his headset or got his face buried in a play chart. I don’t recall seeing him talk to any of the players during the game.

the Talking Can
09-20-2012, 08:29 AM
we managed to downgrade the only strength on our team...brilliant

Fish
09-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Unbelievable.....

TrickyNicky
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
During the last 3 games last season, what was different from the way the team communicates now? I can't imagine much has structurally changed on the D side of things.

MGRS13
09-20-2012, 08:55 AM
How in the **** can a coach run a team like this?

No wonder there are no adjustments. The coach isn't communicating with the players to make the ****ing adjustments.

This interview pissed me off.

If you can, go back and watch the preseason game against Seattle. In the second quarter after another 3 and out Cassel comes off the field and Daboll walks right up to him and starts talking to Cassel. Hes pretty animated but not yelling. Cassel just keeps on walking never even glances at Daboll. Daboll just gives up and lets Cassel go pout on the bench. No reason to talk to any of the guys on this team because they aint listening. Ive said it before and Ill say it again You may have hated him but there was a reason Haley was always yelling at these ass holes cause that is the only thing they deserved.

ILChief
09-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Promote Gibbs to DC

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
If you can, go back and watch the preseason game against Seattle. In the second quarter after another 3 and out Cassel comes off the field and Daboll walks right up to him and starts talking to Cassel. Hes pretty animated but not yelling. Cassel just keeps on walking never even glances at Daboll. Daboll just gives up and lets Cassel go pout on the bench. No reason to talk to any of the guys on this team because they aint listening. Ive said it before and Ill say it again You may have hated him but there was a reason Haley was always yelling at these ass holes cause that is the only thing they deserved.

I was at the Minnesota game last year. I saw 100% of the infamous exchange between Haley and Cassel.

As Cassel was coming off the field, Haley (without yelling) tried to give him some advice. He wasn't animated at all and it looked like maybe he was going to pat him on the ass or something. Cassel just walked right by him. It was at THAT point that Haley called him a pussy.

Radar Chief
09-20-2012, 09:01 AM

I was at the Minnesota game last year. I saw 100% of the infamous exchange between Haley and Cassel.

As Cassel was coming off the field, Haley (without yelling) tried to give him some advice. He wasn't animated at all and it looked like maybe he was going to pat him on the ass or something. Cassel just walked right by him. It was at THAT point that Haley called him a pussy.

Pioli’s got his back. WTF would he need to listen to a coach/coordinator? :facepalm:

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 09:03 AM
4 coordinators and dozens of players have been released the last 4 years. How many of those guys bad mouth Cassel?

You can speculate about what is being said on the sideline, but as far as I can recall nobody with any knowledge of the situation has come out and said that Cassel isn't coachable, doesn't listen to coaches, etc.

COchief
09-20-2012, 09:13 AM

I am sure you have posted this many times before, but any chance you could post the whole story?

Micjones
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Wasn't there some discussion about Gibbs calling plays in the off-season?

The staff and front office need to be open to change.
This obviously isn't working.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Fucking clown shoes.

We are the absolutely worst managed team in football.

Clark should be totally pissed off because he is paying TOP DOLLAR FOR US TO BE MANAGED LIKE AN ELITE TEAM.

How can Clark even consider giving Pioli another contract at this point?

BossChief
09-20-2012, 09:26 AM
SUCK FOR SMITH!!!

TrickyNicky
09-20-2012, 09:30 AM
DOIN JUST FINE FOR SEC D-LINE

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2012, 09:38 AM
If I was the HC I wouldnt want a bunch of fucking dudes walking up to me asking me stupid questions in the middle of the game. thats what the AC is for dude, that what commercial timeouts are for man. go ask the matrix guys maybe they know

Sorter
09-20-2012, 09:43 AM
4 coordinators and dozens of players have been released the last 4 years. How many of those guys bad mouth Cassel?

You can speculate about what is being said on the sideline, but as far as I can recall nobody with any knowledge of the situation has come out and said that Cassel isn't coachable, doesn't listen to coaches, etc.

The elder Haley referred to quarterback Matt Cassell as “real average,” and said “I didn’t have any real confidence in the whole thing.”

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
The elder Haley referred to quarterback Matt Cassell as “real average,” and said “I didn’t have any real confidence in the whole thing.”

Which is completely different from the issue being discussed.

KC_Lee
09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
DOIN JUST FINE FOR SEC D-LINE

Too bad Kentucky is not on the schedule.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 09:45 AM
For any head coach who also wears the coordinator hat, how many times do people see the coach actually answering questions and things of that nature during a game?

lcarus
09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Too bad Kentucky is not on the schedule.

Yeah, we might actually be in a game in the 4th quarter for once.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 09:50 AM
If I was the HC I wouldnt want a bunch of fucking dudes walking up to me asking me stupid questions in the middle of the game. thats what the AC is for dude, that what commercial timeouts are for man. go ask the matrix guys maybe they know

Yeah, it's not like we have an entire roster of kids that need development or anything.

If this was a veteran team, this would be no big deal...it isn't.

These kids NEED to develop and they are being denied that luxury.

Should have hired Philbin and traded up to 6 and drafted Tanehill.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Weis has been asked and declines to comment. I'll see if I can find it.

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, it's not like we have an entire roster of kids that need development or anything.

If this was a veteran team, this would be no big deal...it isn't.

These kids NEED to develop and they are being denied that luxury.

Should have hired Philbin and traded up to 6 and drafted Tanehill.

PHILBIN? That guy might be the biggest needledick in the NFL. You guys make fun of Pioli for micro managing HAHA put those two together and itd be tighter than a nuns cooch in arrowhead. tannehill doesnt even know what planet hes on. id run a train on his wife tho

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I am sure you have posted this many times before, but any chance you could post the whole story?

There really isn't much more to the story than that.

As Steve Breaston once said "Coach Haley isn't always a butthole".

But apparently Matt Cassel IS always a pussy.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 09:58 AM
If I was the HC I wouldnt want a bunch of ****ing dudes walking up to me asking me stupid questions in the middle of the game. thats what the AC is for dude, that what commercial timeouts are for man. go ask the matrix guys maybe they know

ROFL

That's what the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR is for. Oh wait, we don't have one.

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2012, 09:59 AM
ROFL

That's what the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR is for. Oh wait, we don't have one.

HELL JEAH, we got with with five mo fo rings!

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
There really isn't much more to the story than that.

As Steve Breaston once said "Coach Haley isn't always a butthole".

But apparently Matt Cassel IS always a pussy.

He thinks he's the fucking man.

Thanks, Scott.

bevischief
09-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Promote Gibbs to DC

This makes to much sense to happen...
:banghead::cuss::#

Dave Lane
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Which is completely different from the issue being discussed.

Quote me the link where any players or coaches said the following about Jamarcus Russel while he was still with the Raiders.

You can speculate about what is being said on the sideline, but as far as I can recall nobody with any knowledge of the situation has come out and said that Russell isn't coachable, doesn't listen to coaches, etc.

Buehler445
09-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Excuse me. I'm going to go throw up.

What a fucking disaster this franchise is. FML

KCrockaholic
09-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Is there a link somewhere to this interview?

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm not surprised that Travis Daniels wishes he could ask Romeo questions, because according to PFF he's the WORST PLAYER ON THE TEAM.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Probably not up yet. WHB has a couple of places you can look:

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140
http://810whb.com/page.php?page_id=98

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Carthon? CARTHON?

ROFL

Bowser
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Is it possible Pioli encourages this behavior in his coaches? A "take it up the chain" kind of approach to the head coach?

Not trying to paint Pioli as the bad guy in ever possible stupid thing the Chiefs do, but he's the common denominator between Haley and Crennel.....

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Promote Gibbs to DC

No thanks.

If the Chiefs promote anyone, it should be Emmitt Thomas.

FAX
09-20-2012, 11:32 AM

It gives you the impression that, since Cassel is under the protection of The Don, he doesn't have to give the coaches his attention.

Of all the things I've read to fuel my dislike for Cassel, this type of thing is the worst. Football teams have a hierarchy for a reason. Even in the heat of battle, you have to accept coaching. It's part of the job.

If this behavior doesn't scream "prima donna" is certainly speaks in an authoritative, deep, gravelly voice like Charlton Heston or somebody like that.

FAX

BossChief
09-20-2012, 11:36 AM
No thanks.

This.

One thing for sure, he is the most aggressive of the group of position coaches and the secondary is a veteran one.

Promoting Pleasant would hurt the focus on development of Poe, Powe and Bailey.

Gibbs has a history in a passive 3-4 and wouldn't want to "show up" Romeo by turning the heat up.

That said, I bet they promote Pleasant because it makes the least sense.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 11:38 AM
No thanks.

Emmitt Thomas is almost 70 fucking years old.

Legend or not, I'm guessing he's as incompetent and behind the times as the rest of the coaching staff.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Emmitt Thomas is almost 70 fucking years old.

Legend or not, I'm guessing he's as incompetent and behind the times as the rest of the coaching staff.

Pure speculation on your part.

Dick LeBeau is 75. I'm guessing you wouldn't want him coaching your defense, either?

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
There's been so much fail surrounding this franchise for so long I doubt the qualifications of anyone on the coaching staff to be honest.

And Dick LeBeau has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Emmitt Thomas has been in charge of some horrible defenses in his career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ThomEm0.htm

BossChief
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
The whole Cassel situation is gonna get Pioli fired.

Should have kept Haley and helped him work through some of his faults and moved on from Cassel.

Whitlock was right...his ego will be his undoing.

Radar Chief
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Weis has been asked and declines to comment. I'll see if I can find it.

One of his first comments upon arrival was, “We need to fix your quarterback.”

The Franchise
09-20-2012, 12:02 PM

Should have kept Haley and helped him work through some of his faults and moved on from Cassel.

I have this sinking feeling that they'll just dump Cassel and keep Pioli/Crennel. It doesn't necessarily mean that we'll draft one in the 1st round.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I have this sinking feeling that they'll just dump Cassel and keep Pioli/Crennel. It doesn't necessarily mean that we'll draft one in the 1st round.

PLAN B

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/423/878/130984482_crop_650x440.jpg?1320089179

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 12:05 PM

I can't believe anyone thinks that keeping Haley as HC would have been a good idea.

mr. tegu
Is it possible Pioli encourages this behavior in his coaches? A "take it up the chain" kind of approach to the head coach?

Not trying to paint Pioli as the bad guy in ever possible stupid thing the Chiefs do, but he's the common denominator between Haley and Crennel.....

I don't think it has anything to do with Pioli. I think it is just more the nature of what is going on during a game. When a defense comes off the field they should be talking to the defensive coordinator and they should be together figuring out adjustments that come from either the coach or the players. Instead Romeo is busy watching the offense, worrying about timeouts, challenges, game situations, etc.

Titty Meat
****ing clown shoes.

We are the absolutely worst managed team in football.

Clark should be totally pissed off because he is paying TOP DOLLAR FOR US TO BE MANAGED LIKE AN ELITE TEAM.

How can Clark even consider giving Pioli another contract at this point?

They don't get Sports Night in Dallas Texas :(

mr. tegu
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
One of his first comments upon arrival was, “We need to fix your quarterback.”

And he did a pretty dang good job. We should have kept Weiss as offensive coordinator and found a new HC.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't believe anyone thinks that keeping Haley as HC would have been a good idea.

I can't believe anyone thought promoting Romeo was a good idea, either.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Crennel says Chiefs defense is communicating better (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/20/3824595/crennel-says-chiefs-defense-is.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The buzz terms for the Chiefs defense through the first two games of the season have been “lack of communication” and “not on the same page.”

The facts that the Chiefs have looked many times as though they don’t know a teammate’s responsibility on a given play is no small factor in their 0-2 record. They’ve allowed 75 points, tied for most in the league with Sunday’s opponent, New Orleans.

Coach Romeo Crennel said Thursday the Chiefs have been working in practice on closing their communication gap.

“We just try to put them in those situations where they have to communicate with each other,” Crennel said. “For the away games, we have crowd noise (at practice) and all those kinds of things to put the emphasis on communication and getting done the things we need to get done.

“When you don’t communicate, it’s hard to be on the same page. That’s what we preach to them all the time. Even the simple stuff. I tell them that all the time: communicate the simple things. That will help get everybody on the same page.

“When a guy is rushing (the quarterback), I want him to tell the guy next to him that he’s rushing even though he knows he’s rushing, the guy next to him should know he’s rushing. But if we communicate it, there’s no chance for error.”

The Chiefs lost by 16 points to Atlanta two weeks ago and then by 18 last week in Buffalo. But Crennel said he believed the Chiefs were more competitive in each game than the score would otherwise indicate.

“In this league, one play can make a difference in a game,” he said. “It can turn momentum and then you don’t know what’s going to happen after the momentum turns. We haven’t been able to turn the momentum. If we get to the point where we can make one of those plays and see how it impacts us … every game there are one or two plays where you can say, if we had made this play then things would be different. But we didn’t make the play and it is what it is.”

tecumseh
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
It seems to me that Clark expects Pioli to manage the Chiefs. So , first to go would be Cassel ,either by flat out cutting him or creating a competition for starting QB via draft or trade signing. RAC would probably get one, maybe two seasons to right the ship and failing that, he'd be let go. Clark will keep Pioli on for about five more seasons as long as the team is treading water, meaning 5-6 wins per season while Pioli makes excuses. Clark doesn't seem to be a hands on owner, so looking forward to decade of suck.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2012, 12:55 PM

Its obvious Haley was not the problem.

Micjones
09-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Crennel says Chiefs defense is communicating better (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/20/3824595/crennel-says-chiefs-defense-is.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The buzz terms for the Chiefs defense through the first two games of the season have been “lack of communication” and “not on the same page.”

The facts that the Chiefs have looked many times as though they don’t know a teammate’s responsibility on a given play is no small factor in their 0-2 record. They’ve allowed 75 points, tied for most in the league with Sunday’s opponent, New Orleans.

Coach Romeo Crennel said Thursday the Chiefs have been working in practice on closing their communication gap.

“We just try to put them in those situations where they have to communicate with each other,” Crennel said. “For the away games, we have crowd noise (at practice) and all those kinds of things to put the emphasis on communication and getting done the things we need to get done.

“When you don’t communicate, it’s hard to be on the same page. That’s what we preach to them all the time. Even the simple stuff. I tell them that all the time: communicate the simple things. That will help get everybody on the same page.

“When a guy is rushing (the quarterback), I want him to tell the guy next to him that he’s rushing even though he knows he’s rushing, the guy next to him should know he’s rushing. But if we communicate it, there’s no chance for error.”

The Chiefs lost by 16 points to Atlanta two weeks ago and then by 18 last week in Buffalo. But Crennel said he believed the Chiefs were more competitive in each game than the score would otherwise indicate.

“In this league, one play can make a difference in a game,” he said. “It can turn momentum and then you don’t know what’s going to happen after the momentum turns. We haven’t been able to turn the momentum. If we get to the point where we can make one of those plays and see how it impacts us … every game there are one or two plays where you can say, if we had made this play then things would be different. But we didn’t make the play and it is what it is.”

How's about making defensive expectations clear from the outset so players aren't out there playing a game of "telephone" seconds before the snap? You're killing me RAC.

Frosty
09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
But Crennel said he believed the Chiefs were more competitive in each game than the score would otherwise indicate.

Okay - now I'm starting to worry that senility is setting in. :huh:

Warrior5
09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
How's about making defensive expectations clear from the outset so players aren't out there playing a game of "telephone" seconds before the snap? You're killing me RAC.

How about actually saying something meaningful, RAC? Sounds like a damn politician; a lot of words that say nothing.

Oh yeah, we could have one heckuva drinking party here for everytime he says, "you know" in an interview.

Micjones
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
How about actually saying something meaningful, RAC? Sounds like a damn politician; a lot of words that say nothing.

Oh yeah, we could have one heckuva drinking party here for everytime he says, "you know" in an interview.

He's says "a little bit" just as often.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Its obvious Haley was not the problem.

Yes he was. Was he the only problem? No. Was his inability to work with anyone a problem? Fuck yeah.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM

The Pioli effect

the Talking Can
09-20-2012, 01:13 PM
[B][SIZE="4"]

is he joking?

seconds before snap

Hali: "Hey, DJ, I'm going to rush the passer"

DJ: "What?"

Hali: "I SAID I'M GOING TO RUSH THE PASSER!!" [points at QB]

Skyy God
09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Unbelievable.....

What's the definition of insanity?

DeezNutz
09-20-2012, 01:17 PM
is he joking?

seconds before snap

This is like a Foster's commercial.

"I'm rushing the passer!" KC Chiefs for element of surprise.

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes he was. Was he the only problem? No. Was his inability to work with anyone a problem? Fuck yeah.

0-2 and 2 blow out losses.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

How was Haley any worse? Cassel still making the same mistakes.

Nothing improves until Scott is gone.

mikey23545
09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
is he joking?

seconds before snap

DJ: "OK, mums the word!"

Titty Meat
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Daniels should tell the truth. He's out of position because he's not a fucking safety and instead of trading up to get a safety our dumbass GM decided to draft a career backup LT and kept his 7th round picks for 2 guys who didn't even make the fucking team.

KCUnited
09-20-2012, 01:22 PM
If I were to rush the passer and you didn't know I was rushing the passer you would never guess it was me.

CoMoChief
09-20-2012, 01:23 PM

Haley had a problem working with other coaches.

That's a problem.

Bowser
Daniels should tell the truth. He's out of position because he's not a fucking safety and instead of trading up to get a safety our dumbass GM decided to draft a career backup LT and kept his 7th round picks for 2 guys who didn't even make the fucking team.

The outrage should be nuclear if Russell Wilson goes on to have a pro bowl year around these parts. Donald fucking Stephenson one pick before Seattle took Wilson. Seriously.

Bowser
Haley had a problem working with other coaches.

That's a problem.

Or at least the coaches Pioli brought together.....

DeezNutz
Haley had a problem with being a fucking clown.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
0-2 and 2 blow out losses.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

How was Haley any worse? Cassel still making the same mistakes.

Nothing improves until Scott is gone.

It's not a matter of who was worse. Haley wasn't good. Keeping Haley doesn't help anything. He was in over his head as a HC because he couldn't delegate the offense to anyone without trying to micromanage everything.

FAX
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes he was. Was he the only problem? No. Was his inability to work with anyone a problem? **** yeah.

I'm known as being a Haley backer, so my opinion will probably be viewed as biased. But, in retrospect, I think Haley's main problem was that he got zero support from Pioli. In fact, it's beginning to look as though Haley was initially hired as a rookie HC with the idea that he would defer to Pioli ... something that runs counter to Haley's personality.

It's history now, but it appears Haley was undermined, undercut, and basically subverted by Pioli early on because Haley wanted to be a true head coach ... not a Capo for The Don. If true (and I honestly think it is), any accomplishments Haley achieved deserve more credit ... not less. Add in the fact that Cassel was going to be our quarterback no matter who was brought in as HC and you have a recipe for absolute disaster.

That Haley was and is not the insane, incompetent monster that some people make him out to be is evidenced by the fact that the Steelers brought him in as OC. He didn't miss a season. Some people will say that was due to Dick Haley's influence. That, however, is naive. The Steelers aren't going to hire any OC merely as a "favor".

No ... as time goes on, I think we'll see that Haley got a raw deal. As crazy as he was, he wasn't given a fair shot in KC.

FAX

Dayze
09-20-2012, 01:32 PM
doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
:)

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 01:41 PM
It's not a matter of who was worse. Haley wasn't good. Keeping Haley doesn't help anything. He was in over his head as a HC because he couldn't delegate the offense to anyone without trying to micromanage everything.

It's not a matter of who was worse now because the people that hated Haley the most don't want to accept that what is going on now IS worse.

Was Haley inexperienced? Yes. Romeo is a seasoned vet, problem solved.
Was Haley immature? Yes. Romeo is 64, problem solved.
Was Haley crazy? Yes. Romeo is the opposite, problem solved.
Was Haley on a different page than the GM? Yes. Romeo was the GMs hand-picked right-hand man, problem solved.
Was Haley a risky hire? Yes. Hiring Romeo is as safe as safe can get.

There is absolutely NO WAY one can bash Haley for all of the things he deserves to get bashed about and not acknowledge that this, in EVERY WAY, is worse.

mr. tegu
09-20-2012, 01:52 PM
It's not a matter of who was worse now because the people that hated Haley the most don't want to accept that what is going on now IS worse.

Was Haley on a different page than the GM? Yes. Romeo was the GMs hand-picked right-hand man, problem solved.

There is absolutely NO WAY one can bash Haley for all of the things he deserves to get bashed about and not acknowledge that this, in EVERY WAY, is worse.

Haley started Palko over Orton to spite the organization. That sets him apart and that is what makes him worse.

The Franchise
09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Pioli forced Haley to start Cassel. That sets him apart and makes him worse.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Haley started Palko over Orton to spite the organization. That sets him apart and that is what makes him worse.

The fact that he felt the need to spite the organization puts the blame squarely on the ORGANIZATION.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd say Haley did us all a favor.

Thanks for throwing your wooden shoes into the machine, Todd.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2012, 02:21 PM

2 games.

DeezNutz
09-20-2012, 02:22 PM

We don't have nearly enough evidence right now to say that things are worse. We have plenty of evidence, however, to acknowledge that things are very bad.

mr. tegu
09-20-2012, 02:22 PM
The fact that he felt the need to spite the organization puts the blame squarely on the ORGANIZATION.

I don't what need you feel you have. You are an NFL head coach and your job is to try to win games. By starting Palko, including twice on national TV, you aren't doing your job and are not only giving the middle finger to the organization but also the fans. I supported Haley up to that point.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
2 games.

It's just preseason!

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2012, 02:28 PM

I didn't say we should keep Haley.

I'm saying firing him solved zero problems.

We are the same shit team with him gone.

Flush the turd at the top.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
2 games.

And not 1 bit better.

We don't have nearly enough evidence right now to say that things are worse. We have plenty of evidence, however, to acknowledge that things are very bad.

When you're trying to race the quarter mile in a beat up 20-year old Yugo, and it won't start, that's expected if nothing else.

When you're trying to trace that same quarter mile with a custom Corvette, built SPECIFICALLY for that quarter mile and it won't start either, that's worse. No matter how you slice it.

Romeo is the hand-picked yes man for Pioli. Every quality that made a negative for Haley, Romeo has the OPPOSITE. He's the anti-Haley and they did it on purpose.

There's no way to look at this and say it's not worse.

I don't what need you feel you have. You are an NFL head coach and your job is to try to win games. By starting Palko, including twice on national TV, you aren't doing your job and are not only giving the middle finger to the organization but also the fans. I supported Haley up to that point.

They've started Matt Cassel for going on 4 years. If that's not a middle finger to the fans, nothing is.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Period.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
I didn't say we should keep Haley.

I'm saying firing him solved zero problems.

We are the same shit team with him gone.

Flush the turd at the top.

THIS.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Looks like Cassel doesn't agree with Romeo.

“Like I said, I’m going to continue to say every week is a must win. Is there a sense of urgency about it? Absolutely. We want to get a win, and everybody in this room is working extremely hard to get that done.”

Titty Meat
09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
2 games.

4 years

http://i.minus.com/jvWtJKgGE4xHc_e.jpg

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Maybe Todd started Palko to try to get a better draft position...

mcaj22
09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
todd started palko so he could get the **** off this team with shit talent

Micjones
09-20-2012, 02:41 PM
todd started palko so he could get the **** off this team with shit talent

He could've resigned at any time.
Just sayin'...

mcaj22
09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
yes why resign with a team that is paying you millions instead of making them fire you so you can collect said millions

great idea

mr. tegu
09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
They've started Matt Cassel for going on 4 years. If that's not a middle finger to the fans, nothing is.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Period.

I didn't say anything about the organization not being held accountable either. Haley should have been starting Orton not Palko. End of story.

notorious
09-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Looks like Cassel doesn't agree with Romeo.

Empty words by Cassel. Patriot speak doesn't work when you suck donkey cock.

Micjones
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
yes why resign with a team that is paying you millions instead of making them fire you so you can collect said millions

great idea

You're right...
Get fired with "cause" and continue to collect...wait...

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Empty words by Cassel. Patriot speak doesn't work when you suck donkey cock.

Someone please photoshop Cassel sucking donkey cock.

DeezNutz
09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
When you're trying to trace that same quarter mile with a custom Corvette, built SPECIFICALLY for that quarter mile and it won't start either, that's worse. No matter how you slice it.

Pioli built the fattest, slowest Corvette known to Man.

Bowser
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Someone please photoshop Cassel sucking donkey cock.

Or just PS his face here....

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd331/im_freshhh/ThisThreadSucks.gif

"I suck for this GM"

"I suck for a paycheck"

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey, that GIF is only 8 frames. brb

Xanathol
09-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Did anyone really think RC was going to do a good job? His track record of success is almost as empty as Obama's... He's 26-43 lifetime with one 10-6 season in Cleveland where their O was ranked 8th and D was ranked 21st in points / 30th in yards. Until Pioli is out, we're going to keep seeing frustrating drafts / trades / FA happenings and poor coaching hires.

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Cassell deserves a better HC. Too much of a distraction.

CoMoChief
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Cassell deserves a better HC. Too much of a distraction.

Pretty sure Cassel is running out of excuses as to why he's a horrible QB.

L.A. Chieffan
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Pretty sure Cassel is running out of excuses as to why he's a horrible QB.

Gotta admit, he's been dealt a shit hand since the start. A new HC, new OCs every year he's been here, ANOTHER new HC, shit offensive line, season ending injuries to key players, ego maniacal GM, lame duck ownership, Obama etc, etc...

stonedstooge
09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Gotta admit, he's been dealt a shit hand since the start. A new HC, new OCs every year he's been here, ANOTHER new HC, shit offensive line, season ending injuries to key players, ego maniacal GM, lame duck ownership, Obama etc, etc...

I recommend he get a new start somewhere outside of Kansas City then. Poor fella

ILChief
09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I recommend he get a new start somewhere outside of Kansas City then. Poor fella

I think Oakland or he can be roboneck's heir in Denver

New World Order
09-20-2012, 04:02 PM

I'm not sure how this offense is different than the one he ran in NE. Cassel and Daboll are both shit NE products.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm known as being a Haley backer, so my opinion will probably be viewed as biased. But, in retrospect, I think Haley's main problem was that he got zero support from Pioli. In fact, it's beginning to look as though Haley was initially hired as a rookie HC with the idea that he would defer to Pioli ... something that runs counter to Haley's personality.

It's history now, but it appears Haley was undermined, undercut, and basically subverted by Pioli early on because Haley wanted to be a true head coach ... not a Capo for The Don. If true (and I honestly think it is), any accomplishments Haley achieved deserve more credit ... not less. Add in the fact that Cassel was going to be our quarterback no matter who was brought in as HC and you have a recipe for absolute disaster.

That Haley was and is not the insane, incompetent monster that some people make him out to be is evidenced by the fact that the Steelers brought him in as OC. He didn't miss a season. Some people will say that was due to Dick Haley's influence. That, however, is naive. The Steelers aren't going to hire any OC merely as a "favor".

No ... as time goes on, I think we'll see that Haley got a raw deal. As crazy as he was, he wasn't given a fair shot in KC.

FAX
I agree with EVERY WORD in this post.

Haley lost his job because of Cassel and Piolis buttsecks.

That's a total fabricated myth.

Stanzi was told at the beginning of the year that his first year he would sit and learn the whole year and wouldn't play at all. I cant say FOR CERTAIN that was Piolis call alone, all I was told was that it was "a management decision and had nothing to do with the coaches". Thats why Haley showed frusteration towards Stanzi when Ricky came up to him during games when Palko was doing poorly...Haley was handcuffed to NOT starting the kid.

The management wants to sit most rookies their first year.

Orton hurt his finger on the flea flicker that he came in for on his only play prior to his start against GB...he literally hurt his index finger on his throwing hand...he wasn't gonna be able to play until it healed.

Haley played Palko because IT WAS HIS ONLY CHOICE.

It was a sign of "THIS IS WHO PIOLI HAS BEHIND HIS CHOSEN ONE...THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH".

Not a word of that is speculation...it is 100% fact...but by all means believe what you guys want to.

Haley would have liked nothing more than to play Orton after a game or two of Palko.

The Franchise
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
If it's fact.....link it.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 05:17 PM

Cassel was the cause of all those guys losing their jobs.

He is the ONLY part that is in every crap scenario with this offense.

Pioli has gone to great lengths to surround the shitbag with all the weapons a quarterback could ever want and if he had an ounce of worth in his body, he would be lighting the NFL on fire right now.

I know you are just sticking with your shtick and trolling with these comments, and its entertaining watching you work, but we all know the fucking score.

Go Lakers.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 05:19 PM
If it's fact.....link it.

Boss lives near Iowa City. I'm sure he knows people that have talked to Ricky personally.

No need to beat him up if he won't reveal his sources. This place was BUILT on this kind of info. Don't forget that please...

The Franchise
09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Boss lives near Iowa City. I'm sure he knows people that have talked to Ricky personally.

No need to beat him up if he won't reveal his sources. This place was BUILT on this kind of info. Don't forget that please...

I'm not doing it out disrespect. I'm just asking because I'd never heard it before. If it's from a source.....I'll just take that.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm not doing it out disrespect. I'm just asking because I'd never heard it before. If it's from a source.....I'll just take that.

That's fine. I just wanted to make sure. The past few years this place has become really hostile towards people with unconfirmed rumors from anonymous sources.

It's that kind of information that made this place great.

Sorter
09-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Pestilence, Boss said this at the end of last season IIRC. It's hard to trust an outside, unvalidated source, especially on a MB. However, the way this franchise has been run, it wouldn't shock me in the least.

Plus, BossChief seems to be a pretty credible guy/good poster IMO.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 05:30 PM
If it's fact.....link it.I dont care what you or anyone else chooses to believe.

I posted the information (and other information) when I did the install.

Stanzi has also told some of his old teammates the same thing.

Htismaqe heard the same things from different people than I did.

Its the 100% truth, if you chose to believe it or not.

Radar Chief
09-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Orton hurt his finger on the flea flicker that he came in for on his only play prior to his start against GB...he literally hurt his index finger on his throwing hand...he wasn't gonna be able to play until it healed.

I remember that, he didn't just injure it, he jammed the living shit out of it. He was walking off the field holding it and I think someone must have asked if he could play and he just held up his finger that was pointed in a couple of different direction none of which were natural.

bevischief
09-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I dont care what you or anyone else chooses to believe.

I believe you so what do they say now?

The Franchise
09-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I dont care what you or anyone else chooses to believe.

Settle it down there, Sally. Read my other post.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Cassel was the cause of all those guys losing their jobs.

He is the ONLY part that is in every crap scenario with this offense.

Pioli has gone to great lengths to surround the shitbag with all the weapons a quarterback could ever want and if he had an ounce of worth in his body, he would be lighting the NFL on fire right now.

I know you are just sticking with your shtick and trolling with these comments, and its entertaining watching you work, but we all know the ****ing score.

Go Lakers.

I have to agree with this to an extent. Pioli has admitted his wagon is hitched to Cassel.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I know I shouldnt care, but I guess I feel a little insulted and feel like I should defend myself...Also, I have NEVER posted ANYTHING as "inside information" that was a guess in any way.

Im a stand up guy, if you want to believe it or not...regardless of your opinion of me.

After the Haley/McDaniels non handshake and finger pointing situation happened, I was told that Haley KNEW Josh had cheated in the game because Josh was prepared to defend (and blow up) certain plays Haley had never called before and thats why he said "theres a lot of shit being talked about you" and I was told that less than 4 hours after the game and posted it and people clowned me saying I was full of shit...mostly because I am perceived my some as a "know it all" and that rubs them the wrong way.

a month or two later, Dustin Colquit said in the paper that was exactly what happened.

I have also shared 3 or 4 other things here and have NEVER shared anything that wasnt 100% fact based...even though a few people have passed on stuff to me that I wasnt totally sure of and chose not to share it.

The same guy has my phone number and we share texts from time to time and during OTAs, he sent me a text saying "your boy might just have a chance" (talking about Stanzi, obviously) and I passed that information on to a few people that I have built friendships on here with ( they know who they are), but couldnt make it public because at the time it was asked to keep it private but was given the OK to give it to close friends only...he followed it up with a text saying that Stanzi asked to have a chance to start and was willing to do whatever it took to have a chance.

A couple weeks later, Adam Schefter did a segment on TV when he was asked to highleight something to watch for in KC and he chose to talk about Stanzi and the headline on the screen was "Chiefs are really high on Ricky Stanzi" and he said to pay attention to the kid.

The few people that I told about the Stanzi texts to all PMd me asking if I think he was told the same thing and I responded with "of course"

Ill continue to pass on anything I can in the public forum and whoever choses to believe it, can, and those that dont...dont have to. Thats their choice and I understand why they wouldnt. This regime is locked up tighter than a submarine.

Nothing I know/been told is groundbreaking, but it is absolutely true.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I agree with EVERY WORD in this post.

Haley lost his job because of Cassel and Piolis buttsecks.

That's a total fabricated myth.

Stanzi was told at the beginning of the year that his first year he would sit and learn the whole year and wouldn't play at all. I cant say FOR CERTAIN that was Piolis call alone, all I was told was that it was "a management decision and had nothing to do with the coaches". Thats why Haley showed frusteration towards Stanzi when Ricky came up to him during games when Palko was doing poorly...Haley was handcuffed to NOT starting the kid.

The management wants to sit most rookies their first year.

Haley played Palko because IT WAS HIS ONLY CHOICE.

It was a sign of "THIS IS WHO PIOLI HAS BEHIND HIS CHOSEN ONE...THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH".

Not a word of that is speculation...it is 100% fact...but by all means believe what you guys want to.

Haley would have liked nothing more than to play Orton after a game or two of Palko.

Haley chose who made the team. Haley chose his "Pitt Guy" to be the back up QB. That was his decision. We could have brought someone else in but, Haley WANTED Palko on that roster. Don't act like he didn't have a choice. When they fisnished the roster at training camp, Haley said he was the #2. Haley didn't want anyone else.

You're right that Haley did not purposely tank the team but, he did have a decison about palko and everyone else who made the roster. His decision was made at training camp.
He should have spoken up and said Palko wasn't good enough in August if he saw it.

Pioli knew better and shouldn't have listened to him. He quickly signed Orton after seeing Palko play.

Haley wanted Waters gone and he was awesome last year.

I also believe Baldwin was Haley's pick. I don't think Pioli would have taken him. He had just signed Breaston and first round receivers are not Pioli's way.

In 2011, Pioli listened to Haley too much. I hope he learned about that. I don't like Pioli but that;s where he ****ed up.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Haley chose who made the team. Haley chose his "Pitt Guy" to be the back up QB. That was his decision. We could have brought someone else in but, Haley WANTED Palko on that roster. Don't act like he didn't have a choice. When they fisnished the roster at training camp, Haley said he was the #2. Haley didn't want anyone else.

You're right that Haley did not purposely tank the team but, he did have a decison about palko and everyone else who made the roster. His decision was made at training camp.

He should have spoken up and said Palko wasn't good enough in August if he saw it.

Pioli knew better and shouldn't have listened to him. He quickly signed Orton after seeing Palkjo play.

It would be great if you could apply the same standards to Romeo and Pioli that you apply to Haley.

Of course, that would require you to be objective.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Settle it down there, Sally. Read my other post.

Fair enough.. and you are a hypocrite with the name calling and you know why I say that. ...Im not an especially fast typer...so I made my last post before I read either of your posts.

Have a good one and as Ive told you many times, I hope Quinn does well when he gets his chance.

Notice I said WHEN and not IF?

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 05:58 PM
It would be great if you could apply the same standards to Romeo and Pioli that you apply to Haley.

Of course, that would require you to be objective.

No, it would require me to see things your way or tit would be the highway right? I have learned that you are closed minded and not very objective. First it's Stanzi and then it's Pioli. Youy are dramatic and inconsistent dude.

Romeo is 2-2 as the Chiefs HC. I am not happy with Romeo right now and have expressed it all week. In fact, I have reiterated to YOU several times that I feel this way. How many times have I talked about RAC needing to quit experimenting with the 2-3-6?

I'm tired of Pioli. He reminds me of my boss. However, he's not going anywhere so get used to it. It ain't going to happen. Your average Joe fan will never care and there are alot more of them than there are us.

On that note, I do believe Haley did more damage than anyone to this organization over the past few years. He had to go. Coaches who go fired before the end of the year have really ****ed up. How can people be in denial about this? It was Clark's decision. Not just Pioli's. Clark said it at the press conference.

Haley is gone. He is dead to this team. Get over it people!!!

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2012, 05:59 PM

Pioli knew better and shouldn't have listened to him. He quickly signed Orton after seeing Palkjo play.

All Pioli had to do was sign a backup QB at a cheap price or draft a QB. That isn't dictating to Haley what to do. But it gives Haley the option to choose Palko over that guy. That didn't happen. And Pioli absolutely had the power to do it.

Pioli is Haley's boss, not the other way around.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Romeo has lost to Oakland, the Falcons and the Bills and has beat GB and Denver.

He is 2-3 as the Chiefs HC and if you have any clue of our upcoming schedule, its only gonna get worse.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 06:05 PM
All Pioli had to do was sign a backup QB at a cheap price or draft a QB. That isn't dictating to Haley what to do. But it gives Haley the option to choose Palko over that guy. That didn't happen. And Pioli absolutely had the power to do it.

Pioli is Haley's boss, not the other way around.

The point is that I believe Pioli wanted to. He found one superfast when Cassel went down. I believe Haley said Palko was who he was going with after the mini-camps.

I also believe that Pioli wanted to draft Andy Dalton but Haley wanted that Pitt WR.

This is obviously just my theory but, I think it makes sense.

We didn't have to sign Orton. We had the two other QBs from training camp.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Romeo has lost to Oakland, the Falcons and the Bills and has beat GB and Denver.

He is 2-3 as the Chiefs HC and if you have any clue of our upcoming schedule, its only gonna get worse.

My bad, you are right and we are 2-3. We could suck like you say. or, he could go back to the old defense rather than ****ing with this new thing. All he has to do is run normal nickel packages.

Bowe, Jackson, Dorsey, Lewis (if he plays), McCluster, and Powe are going home this week. They will want to have a good showing. The Saints have shitty corners and little pass rush. Bowe could have a career day.

We could suprise this week.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
The point is that I believe Pioli wanted to. He found one superfast when Cassel went down. I believe Haley said Palko was who he was going with after the mini-camps.

I also believe that Pioli wanted to draft Andy Dalton but Haley wanted that Pitt WR.

This is obviously just my theory but, I think it makes sense.

We didn't have to sign Orton. We had the two other QBs from training camp.

1. This is the same Pioli that tore into Haley for having the audacity to question the decision to draft Tyson Jackson.
2. There are MULTIPLE reports that showed Haley was never a big fan of Matt Cassel. All of a sudden he would turn down an option to draft a potential replacement?
3. What in the world is his connection with Pitt? And why would he have the loyalty to demand to your GM to draft a player he had never met before?
4. How does this jive with multiple stories saying that every decision was micromanaged from Hunt all the way down, and that the front office continually undermined Haley's decisions?

Your conspiracy theory doesn't jive with anything.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 06:13 PM
You need to step your game up, Mugsy.

BIG TIME.

So far, the only good points you have made IMO are the ones about the 2-3-6 and thats AFTER you were corrected by saying we dont run that formation and that we run a 3-3-5 (like in Madden)

Poe was drafted to fill a role in that 2-3-6 defense as well as our base defense (3 down player ceiling) and the formation isnt doing so well because he is a rookie that lacks the proper technique and opposing teams are trying to exploit him in it...also, its largely due to the fact that Allen Bailey (the other guy that will be a DL in that formation with Poe) has been hurt and hasn't even played (even though you keep saying that "he has been playing poorly") but they both can move well and have lots of raw power and anchor ability.

Another factor hurting that formation is DJ having a HAS and that hurts his ability to change direction...he is also seemingly getting lazy with his responsibilities without someone to keep him on his toes with tough love.

By years end, that formation will be fun to watch.

Sorter
09-20-2012, 06:18 PM

BIG TIME.

So far, the only good points you have made IMO are the ones about the 2-3-6 and thats AFTER you were corrected by saying we dont run that formation and that we run a 3-3-5 (like in Madden)

Poe was drafted to fill a role in that 2-3-6 defense as well as our base defense (3 down player ceiling) and the formation isnt doing so well because he is a rookie that lacks the proper technique and opposing teams are trying to exploit him in it...also, its largely due to the fact that Allen Bailey (the other guy that will be a DL in that formation with Poe) has been hurt and hasn't even played (even though you keep saying that "he has been playing poorly") but they both can move well and have lots of raw power and anchor ability.

Another factor hurting that formation is DJ having a HAS and that hurts his ability to change direction...he is also seemingly getting lazy with his responsibilities without someone to keep him on his toes with tough love.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1ou2bt.jpg

DTLB58
09-20-2012, 06:19 PM
For any head coach who also wears the coordinator hat, how many times do people see the coach actually answering questions and things of that nature during a game?

BB is always over on the bench in the middle of the crowd of the D guys telling them exactly how he wants things done. They show it all the time on TV, NFL Films shots and FX sounds of the game. :thumb:

BossChief
09-20-2012, 06:20 PM
-takes a bow-

petegz28
09-20-2012, 06:21 PM

BIG TIME.

I am going to slightly disagree about Poe getting exploited. It looks that way because DJ is taking himself out of plays. On one TD run DJ jumped to the inside when he was supposed to stay in his gap and cover the edge. Guess where the RB went for a TD?

On another play DJ ran sideways from the left to the right voiding the gap he was supposed to be covering...guess where the WR caught the ball and ran for a TD?

Our defense is supposedly designed so that the D-Line keeps the LB's free. DJ was not even close to being touched by anyone on either play.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 06:22 PM
BB is always over on the bench in the middle of the crowd of the D guys telling them exactly how he wants things done. They show it all the time on TV, NFL Films shots and FX sounds of the game. :thumb:

Romeo did the same thing in the Buffalo game...it was almost like he was on the verge of chewing some ass.

IMO he needs to come unglued at some point.

The team takes on the demeanor and mentality of its head football coach and this team looks like a nice old man (like Romeo) when they need to play with some fire up their butts.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I am going to slightly disagree about Poe getting exploited. It looks that way because DJ is taking himself out of plays. On one TD run DJ jumped to the inside when he was supposed to stay in his gap and cover the edge. Guess where the RB went for a TD?

On another play DJ ran sideways from the left to the right voiding the gap he was supposed to be covering...guess where the WR caught the ball and ran for a TD?

Our defense is supposedly designed so that the D-Line keeps the LB's free. DJ was not even close to being touched by anyone on either play.

Give me a few minutes...Im gonna go and try to find something very interesting from before DJs original turnaround and something I might send another message about...even though the chances he actually reads them arent very high...

BRB

Sorter
09-20-2012, 06:27 PM
-takes a bow-

Totally forgot the rep. Welp, that's fixed.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2012, 06:38 PM

The evidence right now is stacked against the Chiefs' front office being micromanagers. I believe it was Gretz who had an article about how even the smallest of Haley decisions was being scrutinized all the way up to Clark Hunt. You tell me who had any kind of control here. Pioli force-fit the 3-4 2-gap and even selected the prototypical 2-gap DE in Tyson Jackson despite major objection from Todd Haley. And Pioli hired three offensive coordinators with strong familiarity with Erhardt-Perkins. And two of those guys were pet picks of the front office, the third one was a moron.

You forget that Haley earned the respect of Bill Parcells as an assistant coach. Or that he had a terrific working relationship with Whisenhunt, even though he was more of a part-time offensive coordinator in name only when he was with Arizona.

As I've said many times before. Maybe Haley is the problem. But you can't blame a guy if he has trouble accepting an offensive coordinator that is force-fit into the only 1 way the GM knows how to build a team.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2012, 06:40 PM

When the nose tackle doesn't do his job, it becomes very unpredictable for a LB to understand his gap responsibilities. Because in many cases, you're picking the right gap, but your nose tackle isn't.

Either Berry and DJ completely lost their intelligence. Or the raw rookie at the most important position on the field is making those guys look worse.

This isn't an indictment on Poe. I really like Poe. But we knew he wouldn't be ready. He not only has to learn the position, he has a VERY steep learning curve when it comes to learning basic technique.

DeezNutz
09-20-2012, 06:41 PM
The evidence right now is stacked against the Chiefs' front office being micromanagers. I believe it was Gretz who had an article about how even the smallest of Haley decisions was being scrutinized all the way up to Clark Hunt. You tell me who had any kind of control here. Pioli force-fit the 3-4 2-gap and even selected the prototypical 2-gap DE in Tyson Jackson despite major objection from Todd Haley. And Pioli hired three offensive coordinators with strong familiarity with Erhardt-Perkins. And two of those guys were pet picks of the front office, the third one was a moron.

You forget that Haley earned the respect of Bill Parcells as an assistant coach. Or that he had a terrific working relationship with Whisenhunt, even though he was more of a part-time offensive coordinator in name only when he was with Arizona.

As I've said many times before. Maybe Haley is the problem. But you can't blame a guy if he has trouble accepting an offensive coordinator that is force-fit into the only 1 way the GM knows how to build a team.

Haley was a problem. It's now clear to everyone that Pioli is also a problem.

We should be thankful as fuck that one of these dumbshits is gone.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 06:41 PM
When the nose tackle doesn't do his job, it becomes very unpredictable for a LB to understand his gap responsibilities. Because in many cases, you're picking the right gap, but your nose tackle isn't.

Either Berry and DJ completely lost their intelligence. Or the raw rookie at the most important position on the field is making those guys look worse.

This isn't an indictment on Poe. I really like Poe. But we knew he wouldn't be ready. He not only has to learn the position, he has a VERY steep learning curve when it comes to learning basic technique.

The plays I am talking about had absolutely 0 to do with the DLine or Poe. These were moves DJ made at the snap of the ball.

DeezNutz
09-20-2012, 06:42 PM

What? A 34 defense needs a NT? Who could have possibly known this? Certainly not the highest paid GM in the league, the pseudo "Executive of the Decade"?

Sorter
09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
chiefzilla, in the plays petegz is talking about, our 2 down lineman (Poe e Pitoiowtff) are playing the 3-tech. There is no nose playing the 0-tech like in our base 3-4 front.

Sorter
09-20-2012, 06:46 PM
At least, that is what I thought he was talking about.

BossChief
09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Here are the two tweets I sent to DJ prior to training camp in 2010:
@superdj56 I am a fan too. I hope the coaching staff believes in your ability to be gap responsible and play good run defense. You=starter!

@superdj56 heres to hoping they let you prove that you can handle run downs next year. Work hard and get stronger and it will work out.

That year was the first year he was EVER "gap responsible" and he played lights out in 10/11.

This year...not so much.

He needs to get back to playing disciplined football....hopefully it's just due to trying to do too much with the has and the defenses injuries and overall ineptness, but I hate to say it...he is probably a guy that needs another coach that can properly motivate him and Romeo isn't that guy.

Titty Meat
09-20-2012, 06:55 PM
@superdj56 I am a fan too. I hope the coaching staff believes in your ability to be gap responsible and play good run defense. You=starter!

@superdj56 heres to hoping they let you prove that you can handle run downs next year. Work hard and get stronger and it will work out.

That year was the first year he was EVER "gap responsible" and he played lights out in 10/11.

This year...not so much.

He needs to get back to playing disciplined football....hopefully it's just due to trying to do too much with the has and the defenses injuries and overall ineptness, but I hate to say it...he is probably a guy that needs another coach that can properly motivate him and Romeo isn't that guy.

Forget who but some expert said he was trying to do too much. I don't think it was a coincidence that he had his best year last year with Kelly Gregg who was this teams tackle in sometime.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Forget who but some expert said he was trying to do too much. I don't think it was a coincidence that he had his best year last year with Kelly Gregg who was this teams tackle in sometime.

Kelly Gregg stunk

Titty Meat
09-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Kelly Gregg stunk

No he didn't. He wasn't great but wasn't awful either and certainly better than Ron Edwards. He knew how to cause a pile when he was defeated.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 07:00 PM
No he didn't. He wasn't great but wasn't awful either and certainly better than Ron Edwards. He knew how to cause a pile when he was defeated.

He was old and stunk

Titty Meat
09-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Are you just going to repeat yourself? Then again you're the same guy who claims the Chiefs make the playoffs last year if Cassel doesn't get injured.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Are you just going to repeat yourself? Then again you're the same guy who claims the Chiefs make the playoffs last year if Cassel doesn't get injured.

Yeah because Palko was better than Cassel

BossChief
09-20-2012, 07:15 PM

Im not an expert.

But, I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

FAX
09-20-2012, 07:22 PM

This year...not so much.

So ... why haven't you tweeted him instructions this year? Good God, man, there's a season at stake.

FAX

BossChief
09-20-2012, 07:23 PM
ROFL

GoShox
09-20-2012, 07:42 PM
I tweeted Reeves after the first game.. then he got injured. I guess I just don't have that magic touch.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Why would any coach with functioning synapses ever consider working under Scott Pioli? Hell, even Bobby Petrino probably wouldn't return a call from him. If you had anything that could even be remotely considered another option, then why hitch your star to such an insecure, micro-managing, bald-headed prick failure?

But we might as well get used to it, because Pioli is going absolutely nowhere anytime soon. I'd put the over/under at at least 5 more years of failure before Clark is forced to make a move. Even thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
chiefzilla, in the plays petegz is talking about, our 2 down lineman (Poe e Pitoiowtff) are playing the 3-tech. There is no nose playing the 0-tech like in our base 3-4 front.

And that is why both QBs we've played so far have been able to scramble right up the gut for big gains when the play breaks down.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Why would any coach with functioning synapses ever consider working under Scott Pioli?

Who else was going to give RAC another head coaching job?

BossChief
09-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I tweeted Reeves after the first game.. then he got injured. I guess I just don't have that magic touch.
If that happened, you absolutely do.

Please, send some tweets to Cassel.
And that is why both QBs we've played so far have been able to scramble right up the gut for big gains when the play breaks down.

that's because Poe is vastly inexperienced and is getting manipulated easily at this point.

It's like teams are LETTING HIM get penetration and then using it against him and rope a tittay is completely ineffective.

The more he gets coached, the less that will happen.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 09:03 PM
that's because Poe is vastly inexperienced and is getting manipulated easily at this point.

It's like teams are LETTING HIM get penetration and then using it against him and rope a tittay is completely ineffective.

The more he gets coached, the less that will happen.

You missed my point.

Half the time Poe isn't even on the field in the 2-3-6.

Mitch said we were in the 2-3-6 on 44 out of 56 snaps at one point on Sunday. That means the 2 downs were playing 3T and nobody was playing the 0.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Who else was going to give RAC another head coaching job?

Maybe the University of Colorado?

But that's my point. Pioli is choosing head coaches from an extremely limited pool of coaches who will have anything to do with him. After Crennel, the only member left in the pool is....and I can't tell you how much it pains me to say this....Josh McDaniels.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
You missed my point.

Mitch said we were in the 2-3-6 on 44 out of 56 snaps at one point on Sunday. That means the 2 downs were playing 3T and nobody was playing the 0.

Imagine that?

FAX
09-20-2012, 09:19 PM

But that's my point. Pioli is choosing head coaches from an extremely limited pool of coaches who will have anything to do with him. After Crennel, the only member left in the pool is....and I can't tell you how much it pains me to say this....Josh McDaniels.

You know, I've been reading your posts, Mr. JohnnyHammersticks, and I have come to the conclusion that you're right about a lot of stuff.

I have to tell you, though ... I hope you're wrong about this. I don't believe the fan base could stomach McDumbass ... I pray that's the case, anyhow. And to be honest, I wonder if he would even consider a head coaching job again this soon. If he took the job it would prove beyond doubt that he's a spineless worm.

But you're right ... Dr. Evil will restrict his candidates to an exclusive pool of ring-kissers ... exactly the opposite of what this team needs.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2012, 09:49 PM

Maybe Bill Parcells' daughter, Jill Parcells

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2012, 10:07 PM
You know, I've been reading your posts, Mr. JohnnyHammersticks, and I have come to the conclusion that you're right about a lot of stuff.

I have to tell you, though ... I hope you're wrong about this. I don't believe the fan base could stomach McDumbass ... I pray that's the case, anyhow. And to be honest, I wonder if he would even consider a head coaching job again this soon. If he took the job it would prove beyond doubt that he's a spineless worm.

But you're right ... Dr. Evil will restrict his candidates to an exclusive pool of ring-kissers ... exactly the opposite of what this team needs.

FAX

Believe me, nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do, but it this case, all roads lead to Josh. It's not even so much Pioli consciously restricting his candidates as much as it is his insecure, condescending, micro-managing, small-penised approach to life doing the restricting for him. Name a good coach and then try to envision him taking a head coaching offer from Pioli seriously. You can't do it with a straight face.

Pioli and McDaniels will be an epic failure to be sure. Enough to finally rid of us from Pioli once-and-for-all. Can you imagine the mind games, back-stabbing, and sniping once those two egomaniacs turn on each other? It's going to be a trainwreck to end all trainwrecks.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Pioli and McDaniels will be an epic failure to be sure.

McDaniels sucked in Denver, sucked in St. Louis and is under fire in New England after two games.

The dude was highly overrated and if he doesn't get it together, will end up as a QB coach next year somewhere else.

His career is on a major slide.

Sorter
09-20-2012, 10:13 PM
You missed my point.

Poe plays the 3-tech in our sub package. He actually has been starting in it since we drafted him IIR.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 10:15 PM
He had a HOF QB and HOF WR on the same team.

Any OC would have looked good.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2012, 10:20 PM
McDaniels sucked in Denver, sucked in St. Louis and is under fire in New England after two games.

The dude was highly overrated and if he doesn't get it together, will end up as a QB coach next year somewhere else.

Which makeS him the ideal candidate for Pioli--someone he knows will say yes, and someone he thinks he'll be able to control. But if Josh gets lucky and wins a few games in the beginning--like he did in Denver--the dysfunction created by the friction between those two egos will make Haley and Pioli look like Ozzie & Harriett by comparison. It'll be a flameout of incredible proportion and we'll all have a front-row seat. The CEO of Chiefs Planet will be laughing all the way to the bank because this place will be BUZZING.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Josh McDaniels is like Lane Kiffen. No matter how much he soils himself, he almost always falls forward.

wazu
09-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Which makeS him the ideal candidate for Pioli--someone he knows will say yes, and someone he thinks he'll be able to control. But if Josh gets lucky and wins a few games in the beginning--like he did in Denver--the dysfunction created by the friction between those two egos will make Haley and Pioli look like Ozzie & Harriett by comparison. It'll be a flameout of incredible proportion and we'll all have a front-row seat. The CEO of Chiefs Planet will be laughing all the way to the bank because this place will be BUZZING.

Oh, it won't just be the CEO. On that day a bunch of us will be partying down while watching the value of our shares go through the ROOF! Ah, the money. The cars. The women. There's nothing like owning a slice of ChiefsPlanet.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Poe plays the 3-tech in our sub package. He actually has been starting in it since we drafted him IIR.

Yep.

And he has been shit.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh, it won't just be the CEO. On that day a bunch of us will be partying down while watching the value of our shares go through the ROOF! Ah, the money. The cars. The women. There's nothing like owning a slice of ChiefsPlanet.

And Facebook shareholders will be green with envy...

BossChief
09-21-2012, 01:21 AM
How many snaps was the defense on the field for and how many of those did Poe play?

I'm guessing around 60 plays total and Poe played around 40 of them.

How far off am I?

BossChief
09-21-2012, 01:27 AM
No way Clark would sign off on the hiring of a guy that has been caught cheating multiple times.

FFS...no way should Pioli be able to hire/sign/draft anybody else if this hear ends like it's started.

Piolis only chance is for Quinn or Stanzi to save the day.

The 2001 Patriots were 0-3 when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over after being 5-11 the previous year and Bledsoe was fresh of signing a 100 million dollar contract.

Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

NJChiefsFan
09-21-2012, 01:27 AM

Watching him jump around like an idiot in Denver when they beat NE really made me want him to fail hard. I can't believe how quickly I got my wish.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2012, 01:42 AM
How many snaps was the defense on the field for and how many of those did Poe play?

I'm guessing around 60 plays total and Poe played around 40 of them.

How far off am I?

4 stops so far is decent.

http://i.imgur.com/A7heL.jpg

BossChief
09-21-2012, 01:47 AM
I wasn't that far off. Guessing 40/60 and it was 29/57

Those aren't terrible grades for a completely raw DL from Memphis in his first two NFL games.

He has a good chance to key a really nice defense that can help protect a rookie starter or Stanzi/Quinn.

htismaqe
09-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I wasn't that far off. Guessing 40/60 and it was 29/57

Those aren't terrible grades for a completely raw DL from Memphis in his first two NFL games.

He has a good chance to key a really nice defense that can help protect a rookie starter or Stanzi/Quinn.

Unfortunately, he's playing decent in spite of the scheme.