PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who Whiffs, DJ or #34???

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:20 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/phAhy2kCmYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice they both break to cover the middle

jspchief
09-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Someone's job is the TE. The other guy is who blows it.

In58men
09-20-2012, 08:24 PM
That game was last week time to move forward.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Someone's job is the TE. The other guy is who blows it.

The way DJ jumped the run I'd say he wasn't covering a TE

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:25 PM

Yes, yes.....more highlights of fuck ups to come!!!

jspchief
09-20-2012, 08:27 PM
There is zero outside contain. If DJ doesn't cover the gap between the NT and DE there's a huge hole there. Hali goes wide, like he does 99% of the time, and the outside is literally empty.

I swear to god this defense is getting so ridiculously out-coached it's sickening. Crennel is being exposed.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Romeo whiffs with that 2-3-6 defense.

It's hard to stop the run with 2 down linemen. DJ and Daniels blew it but, we were screwed when Chan decided to run. This is the problem guys. RAC needs to go back to the standard nickel packages (3-3-5 and 4-2-5). Every TD we have given up but one has come from that formation.

If we are in a normal nickel, Berry comes up and knocks the shit out of Spiller. Instead he is stuck in the wash trying to blitz the QB.

What is DJ even doing on that play? How is he supposed to find a hole with two down linemen? i don't think he played it completely right but, the deck was already stacked against him. It's a bad defensive formation.

I have no idea why Romeo is changing what worked fairly well for the last two years.

In58men
09-20-2012, 08:35 PM

It's hard to stop the run with 2 down linemen. DJ and Daniels blew it but, we were screwed when Chan decided to run. This is the problem guys. RAC needs to go back to the standard nickel packages (3-3-5 and 4-2-5). Every TD we have given up but one has come from that formation.

If we are in a normal nickel, Berry comes up and knocks the shit out of Spiller. Instead he is stuck in the wash trying to blitz the QB.

What is DJ even doing on that play? How is he supposed to find a hole with two down linemen? i don't think he played it completely right but, the deck was already stacked against him. It's a bad defensive formation.

I have no idea why Romeo is changing what worked fairly well for the last two years.

Thank you Chris Berman

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Selling out on the pass??

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM

If he allows Daniels to take the middle and he takes the outside edge, which I think he was supposed too, the play goes for little gain

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you Chris Berman

I have been talking about this since I got here.

Selling out on the pass??

I guess?

If he allows Daniels to take the middle and he takes the outside edge, which I think he was supposed too, the play goes for little gain

It's just not working. it's to complicated or something. The main question is why are we even doing it? it's like RAC has out thought himself... Either it is going to click with all them at once and we will suddenly look awesome. Or, it will fail miserably and we will have to change back to last year's defense at the last minute.

I have a feeling that this is a make or break week for the 2-3-6

FAX
09-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Hmmm. Sure looks like everybody went with the blocking angles, DJ blew his positional responsibility then got caught up in the trash, while Berry tackled one of our guys at the goal line.

Great coaching job there, Romeo.

FAX

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I think the Nickel D should be pretty standard...they go 3 wide we sit Belcher and bring in a DB. Everything else stays the same.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I think the Nickel D should be pretty standard...they go 3 wide we sit Belcher and bring in a DB. Everything else stays the same.

It should be but we aren't running it that way so much this year. If you get a chance, watch both highlight videos and you will see we are in that 2-3-6 formation on every TD we give up but one.

jspchief
09-20-2012, 08:43 PM
If he allows Daniels to take the middle and he takes the outside edge, which I think he was supposed too, the play goes for little gainBut Daniels is taking himself out of the play by pursuing the TE. Spiller would run right by before he could ever change direction.

I'm sure that technically there is a blown assignment, but clearly that scheme is exposed. DJ holds the edge and Spiller runs up the center right past the Dlineman being double teamed and the safety chasing the TE. DJ hits the inside hole and Spiller bounces it outside because Hali is nine miles wide, tunnel visioned on the QB.

It's horrible. Even played perfectly, how does that D stand a chance? And the embarrassing thing is it's on a short field. We can't cover the pass in a 22 yard box without 6 guys in the backfield? Fucking horrible.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey Pete, DJ says he's sorry he ran over your dog. He's gonna send you a care package.

JFC, move on already.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
But Daniels is taking himself out of the play by pursuing the TE. Spiller would run right by before he could ever change direction.

I'm sure that technically there is a blown assignment, but clearly that scheme is exposed. DJ holds the edge and Spiller runs up the center right past the Dlineman being double teamed and the safety chasing the TE. DJ hits the inside hole and Spiller bounces it outside because Hali is nine miles wide, tunnel visioned on the QB.

It's horrible. Even played perfectly, how does that D stand a chance? And the embarrassing thing is it's on a short field. We can't cover the pass in a 22 yard box without 6 guys in the backfield? ****ing horrible.

It's all DJ's fault. He sucks. Get with the program.

jspchief
09-20-2012, 08:46 PM
It's all DJ's fault. He sucks. Get with the program.Perhaps it is. My second guess is it's Hali's fault.

But the real problem is it's a terrible defensive alignment.

petegz28
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM
But Daniels is taking himself out of the play by pursuing the TE. Spiller would run right by before he could ever change direction.

It's horrible. Even played perfectly, how does that D stand a chance? And the embarrassing thing is it's on a short field. We can't cover the pass in a 22 yard box without 6 guys in the backfield? ****ing horrible.

I agree the D was a bad formation to begin with. But if DJ hold his spot he isn't caught up in the muck and is in better position to make a play wherever it goes.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Perhaps it is. My second guess is it's Hali's fault.

But the real problem is it's a terrible defensive alignment.

Can't blame Romeo.

These players are quitters and they suck.

Nevermind that they've been All-Pro (no not Pro Bowl, ALL PRO) in the past when they're not running this STUPID FUCKING HALF ASSED SCHEME.

jspchief
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I agree the D was a bad formation to begin with. But if DJ hold his spot he isn't caught up in the muck and is in better position to make a play wherever it goes.Unless DJ is covering the gap that he's supposed to. If he's not, you're suggesting that Daniels shouldn't have been chasing Chandler.

Watch it at about the 12-13 second mark and look at the hole DJ fills. If he's not there, that play never bounces outside. Watch how far past that hole Daniels is by the time he recognizes run and tries to reverse direction.

I guarantee, if Johnson stays outside that 10 yards up the middle instead of to the outside.

Ace Gunner
09-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Romeo missed that tackle did he? Damn.

The reason 34 defense is used in the NFL is to get more "king of the jungle" LB's on the field.

Crennel has a long history of good defensive stats. DJ and these other players don't.

RC is toast either way, I just want to tell you guys you are going to be nailed when the next coach comes in and dumps DJ and any other dumbass LB that isn't king.

milkman
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Romeo missed that tackle did he? Damn.

The reason 34 defense is used in the NFL is to get more "king of the jungle" LB's on the field.

Crennel has a long history of good defensive stats. DJ and these other players don't.

RC is toast either way, I just want to tell you guys you are going to be nailed when the next coach comes in and dumps DJ and any other dumbass LB that isn't king.

That ism't a 34 front.

htismaqe
09-20-2012, 09:01 PM
If only we could get #52 on the field more. He's a REAL LB.

FAX
09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Unless DJ is covering the gap that he's supposed to. If he's not, you're suggesting that Daniels shouldn't have been chasing Chandler.

Watch it at about the 12-13 second mark and look at the hole DJ fills. If he's not there, that play never bounces outside. Watch how far past that hole Daniels is by the time he recognizes run and tries to reverse direction.

I guarantee, if Johnson stays outside that 10 yards up the middle instead of to the outside.

I don't know ... you may well be right, but that play looks like it could easily be designed misdirection to me.

FAX

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 09:11 PM
RAC is toast either way, I just want to tell you guys you are going to be nailed when the next coach comes in and dumps DJ and any other dumbass LB that isn't king.

I think that is a likely scenario.

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2012, 09:27 PM

I think you're right on the 2-down linemen. I don't know how you can say DJ blew it. That middle gap is exposed and I'd rather seal that hole up than the cutback lane. In this case, we're not playing 2-gap. I don't know what the fuck we're playing, because we don't have nearly enough linemen occupying gaps.

This is why I don't blame DJ that much for the problems we have right now. When the D-linemen don't occupy their gaps, it's hard for him to figure out where he needs to be. He had to occupy a gap and because he chose the gap he did, he left another gap exposed.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I think you're right on the 2-down linemen. I don't know how you can say DJ blew it. That middle gap is exposed and I'd rather seal that hole up than the cutback lane. In this case, we're not playing 2-gap. I don't know what the **** we're playing, because we don't have nearly enough linemen occupying gaps.

This is why I don't blame DJ that much for the problems we have right now. When the D-linemen don't occupy their gaps, it's hard for him to figure out where he needs to be. He had to occupy a gap and because he chose the gap he did, he left another gap exposed.

I hear you but, he is giving up catches too. I think he gave up five catches out of six balls thrown at him? He also gave up a TD.

Ace Gunner
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
That ism't a 34 front.

True. Also true is the fact these LB's aren't very good at anything -- unfortunately my point is carrying a lot more info about the ineptness of the Chiefs defense than yours does.

But look at the down/distance. 2nd & 10, 17 yards out, barely in the red zone.

I would not say using dime pkg in that situation is wrong and that is what some say in this thread.

What I did say was these LB's are doing nothing.

Tamba is as much to blame as DJ during this play. He did not take the right angle to this play, not even as a pass rusher. DJ did not take the right angle either and his only responsibility is the middle of the field on this particular play, so I fault DJ more here. This play unfolded right in front of him and he got beat for the score.

alpha_omega
09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I'd love to help you Pete, but i can't stand to watch that again.

Aspengc8
09-21-2012, 01:39 PM
That wasn't DJ's fault. They are clearly playing man and DJ is the wild card, or 'spy'. Whatever DB is near houston is 1v1 with spiller, and he gets lost in the crowd. DJ tried to fill gap, unfortunately he should have stayed home more. Tamba upfield pass rush took him out of the play too.

If the DB on spiller followed him.. easy tackle.

Best thing I saw in the video is the 1 tech DT getting actually doubled.

Baby Lee
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM

You saw the play!!