View Full Version : Chiefs Maas-rac doesn't believe he can win with cassel

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

wow! @billmaas bringing some serious heat today telling us rac doesn't believe he can win with cassel #chiefs

KC_Lee
09-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

wow! @billmaas bringing some serious heat today telling us rac doesn't believe he can win with cassel #chiefs

Wonder what user name RAC posts under here on Chiefs' Planet?

suds79
09-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Nice to hear confirmation but didn't we all suspect this the way Rac was campaigning & thanking Orton for giving him his job??

Come on Rac. Man up. If you don't think you can win with this QB, then put in Brady. Why not. This season is over & you're probably getting fired anyways. Might as well go down swinging.

rico
09-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

I wish the details were elaborated on....

the Talking Can
09-21-2012, 07:54 AM
then he really is a foot shuffling porter...

Deberg_1990
09-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

and he knows this how?

Molitoth
09-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Nice to hear confirmation but didn't we all suspect this the way Rac was campaigning & thanking Orton for giving him his job??

Come on Rac. Man up. If you don't think you can win with this QB, then put in Brady. Why not. This season is over & you're probably getting fired anyways. Might as well go down swinging.

That's what Haley did, and a lot of morons in KC hated him for it.
Haley did what most of us WANT to do to Pioli and Cassel, give them a big F*CK you.

HC_Chief

...history repeats itselfs...history repeats itself...history repeats itself...

Ceej
Please God...stop with the Twitter bullshit.

suds79
09-21-2012, 07:57 AM
and he knows this how?

Well we're not going to get Rac himself to come out & admit this so if we need that level of confirmation, then I guess it'll remain a mystery.

However given how seemingly everybody in the world except Scott Pioli sees this I don't think it's much of a stretch.

KC_Lee
09-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Haley did what most of us WANT to do to Pioli and Cassel, give them a big F*CK you.

Yeah but he did it with Palko when he should have done it with Stanzi after the first game with Palko.

TLO
09-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Please God...stop with the Twitter bullshit.

:thumb:

Molitoth
09-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah but he did it with Palko when he should have done it with Stanzi after the first game with Palko.

Oh FFS, we didn't know what Palko was. How many QB's have a great FIRST GAME EVER?
We Still don't know what Stanzi is...

We don't know who anyone is until given a chance to play. Unfortunatly for Palko, he didn't get 4 years to prove himself like Cassel is getting.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2012, 07:59 AM
The only thing Maas knows anything about is blow and guns.

tyton75
09-21-2012, 08:00 AM
who the fuck is Rac?

Chiefnj2
09-21-2012, 08:01 AM
He took the job knowing he can't win with a certain QB that the GM loves and won't bring in any competition to unseat?

KCUnited
09-21-2012, 08:01 AM
If you don't think you can live with Aids, why let Eazy E pump you in the bum in the first place?

RUSH
09-21-2012, 08:09 AM
He took the job knowing he can't win with a certain QB that the GM loves and won't bring in any competition to unseat?

Beggars can't be choosers.

A nice pay raise doesn't hurt either.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Personally, I think RAC only took the job to stuff his retirement account.

FringeNC
09-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Too bad we lost the overtime game to the Raiders. Had we won, Pioli couldn't have brought Cassel back as the starter. It's obvious that RAC knew Orton was clearly superior.

mikey23545
09-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Really?

What does RAC think of his defensive coordinator?

HemiEd
09-21-2012, 08:20 AM
This is not news. If you go back to the first RAC press conference, he basically infers that Cassel sucks. Then, if you read between the lines, Pioli but the kabosh on that kind of information.

I am confident that Pioli also knows that Cassel sucks, but did such a hard sell job to Clark about spending that kind of dough, he has to make it work.

If Clark would just come out and tell Pioli, its ok, we can move on, maybe they would.

jd1020
09-21-2012, 08:25 AM
If you are looking for a way to get rid of Cassel because you don't think you can win with him then why the fuck is he still in the game after being part of a 35-3 meltdown?

Lzen
09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh FFS, we didn't know what Palko was. How many QB's have a great FIRST GAME EVER?

We don't know who anyone is until given a chance to play. Unfortunatly for Palko, he didn't get 4 years to prove himself like Cassel is getting.

Actually, Palko played like dog poop in preseason, too. So I think we had a good idea by that time.

the Talking Can
09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Personally, I think RAC only took the job to stuff his retirement account.

same as cassel

neither are qualified for their jobs, and both know it...and it shows

boogblaster
09-21-2012, 08:30 AM

i liked haley .. littl krazy but he at least put some fire into his players .....

Dave Lane
09-21-2012, 08:33 AM

No shit. I can't imagine working for Dr. Evil. You do anything he doesn't like or don't be a total lackey and he undermines and ****s you over. I convinced he's the one that ordered the fiasco last preseason. He set out the season to get Haley fired.

Dave Lane
09-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Actually, Palko played like dog poop in preseason, too. So I think we had a good idea by that time.

And the option would have been?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2012, 08:34 AM

Cassel's Reckoning

Deberg_1990
09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
This is not news. If you go back to the first RAC press conference, he basically infers that Cassel sucks. Then, if you read between the lines, Pioli but the kabosh on that kind of information.

I am confident that Pioli also knows that Cassel sucks, but did such a hard sell job to Clark about spending that kind of dough, he has to make it work.

If Clark would just come out and tell Pioli, its ok, we can move on, maybe they would.

Theres probably something to this…..Pioli has publically stated he wanted Manning, so hes not entirely stupid about Cassel.

Mr. Laz
where's the part about not being able to win with this shit defense?

Molitoth

Trust me, I'm not a Palko fan by any means, but...

His time in preseason was spent with the second teamers running a vanilla offense and a team mentality of "We don't care, these games don't count."

Not the best time to judge someone at the QB position.

However; he get his chance on national TV during some big games and we found out what he is.

dallaschiefsfan
09-21-2012, 08:40 AM
i liked haley .. littl krazy but he at least put some fire into his players .....

The more all this unravels, it seems to me that Haley's fire might have been the only thing that got anything out of any of these guys. He wasn't a good manager of his staff and he didn't seem to have the organization of a good head coach, but he did a few things well that allowed him to work-around the systemic issues in the organization.

Molitoth
09-21-2012, 08:44 AM
The more all this unravels, it seems to me that Haley's fire might have been the only thing that got anything out of any of these guys. He wasn't a good manager of his staff and he didn't seem to have the organization of a good head coach, but he did a few things well that allowed him to work-around the systemic issues in the organization.

That's what Larry Fitz, Breaston, and Kurt Warner would tell you.

Haley has no problem getting a player to play harder and IMO that's what a head coach is SUPPOSED to do.

As we saw though, Haley had Cassel forced upon him and he did not like it. Dick Haley has come out and said it.

I blame Pioli for Haleys failures.

dannybcaitlyn
09-21-2012, 08:48 AM
who the **** is Rac?

Aww, PIOLI'S PUPPET!!

Tribal Warfare
09-21-2012, 08:50 AM

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/matt-cassel/

$28 million guaranteed
2009 Roster Bonus: $10 million
2009 Option Bonus: $1 million
2010-14 Workout Bonus: $250,000
2011 Option Bonus: $7.5 million
$40.5 million in the first three seasons.

you could say that

dallaschiefsfan
09-21-2012, 08:51 AM
That's what Larry Fitz, Breaston, and Kurt Warner would tell you.

Haley has no problem getting a player to play harder and IMO that's what a head coach is SUPPOSED to do.

As we saw though, Haley had Cassel forced upon him and he did not like it. Dick Haley has come out and said it.

I blame Pioli for Haleys failures.

I won't QUITE go that far...but Pioli definitely did not make it easy for Haley to find his footing as a head coach. I think Haley will be decent in a future opportunity if he develops as a manager and becomes a little more self-aware in regards to P.R.

HemiEd
09-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Theres probably something to this…..Pioli has publically stated he wanted Manning, so hes not entirely stupid about Cassel.

Exactly. Company politics suck, and when you put this kind of money to it, jobs are at stake. Maybe Clark really is the problem here.

Pioli: We have a chance to get a franchise QB, Peyton Manning.

Clark: Dammit, we bought you that expensive QB, STFU and teach him how to play. Tell him he is great again, maybe that will help.

Pioli: Ok Boss, but we sure could use a DC since RAC is going to be HC.

Clark: Hell, he can handle both, Haley did it and made it entertaining for the fans. Besides the soccer teams needs some new uniforms.

Rausch
09-21-2012, 08:52 AM

Because he can recognize his QB is $3it?...

Rausch
09-21-2012, 08:54 AM
If you don't think you can live with Aids, why let Eazy E pump you in the bum in the first place?

LMAO

Bump
09-21-2012, 08:58 AM
then why was Cassel still in when we were down 35-3? If there is any time to bench a QB it's that time.

Fish
09-21-2012, 09:02 AM

This. Maas is just coked out and in a bad mood again....

the Talking Can
09-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Because he can recognize his QB is $3it?...

because he's done nothing about it

he took the check knowing he was stuck with a piece of shit QB that plays at the order of Pioli....

Easy 6
09-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Yep, piolis coddling of cassel at all costs went from speculation to simple fact at that point.

mr. tegu
09-21-2012, 09:23 AM
then why was Cassel still in when we were down 35-3? If there is any time to bench a QB it's that time.

I am sure he is thinking lets at least let Cassel try to get some passing going with his WRs. This early into the season he doesn't want to throw in the towel on his starter, especially with the showings the backups made in the preseason. Quinn was decent but it will probably take a few more clubbings from opponents before Crennel says screw it.

Megbert
09-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I am sure he is thinking lets at least let Cassel try to get some passing going with his WRs. This early into the season he doesn't want to throw in the towel on his starter, especially with the showings the backups made in the preseason. Quinn was decent but it will probably take a few more clubbings from opponents before Crennel says screw it.

Or a phantom injury of Cassel.

Gotta play Quinn, Matt 'hurt his hand'.

Now Matt doesn't look like he's being benched.

Couple of weeks later if Quinn is doing fine.

Matt's hand not responding to therapy.

CoMoChief
09-21-2012, 09:50 AM

This x1000

Partied with this animal on his boat at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Let's just say the guy parties like Jay-Z...and i hope he has an open marriage....dude loves college chicks.

TEX
09-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

RAC needs to worry about fixing his defense. He's stuck with Cassel.

TEX
09-21-2012, 09:54 AM

And another wasted season...IDIOTS!:cuss:

alpha_omega
09-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, he agrees with most of us here.

But the big problem so far has been on the other side of the ball...what about that?

tecumseh
09-21-2012, 09:56 AM

I understand what you're saying, Pioli using a reach out to Manning in order to wheel away from Cassel. Yet, this is funny because Pioli talks Clark into spending high cash on a QB that , from the start, can't play at a high level, only to try to get into the Manning sweepstakes for even more cash. If that doesn't raise the red flag of incredulous incompetence, then Clark needs his radar fixed. Personally, I don't think Manning would be a good fit for this team anyway.

TEX
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Too bad we lost the overtime game to the Raiders. Had we won, Pioli couldn't have brought Cassel back as the starter. It's obvious that RAC knew Orton was clearly superior.

Everyone knew it - even Pioli - that's why Orton didn't come back.

bevischief
09-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Haven't we been talking about this all week?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Further grist for the implosion. Excellent.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
That's great crenfail. Cause no one thanks you can win period. So you might as well delect the heat the best you can. Its what losers do.

bevischief
09-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Just retire.

ARROW2
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
That's great crenfail. Cause no one thanks you can win period. So you might as well delect the heat the best you can. Its what losers do.

I agree with Romeo.......Cassell brings the psyche of the whole team down....He is a pussy

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree with Romeo.......Cassell brings the psyche of the whole team down....He is a pussy

It's wrong for a HC to make such a statement( if he really did ), BUT he IS forced to work with a QB that makes Damon Huard look competent, so...

Bwana
09-21-2012, 10:59 AM
:thumb:

:thumb::thumb:

ARROW2
09-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Whether he said it or not, it's TRUE!!!!

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 11:12 AM

You're right crennel is a pussy. He's the one that took the money and position. He is stealing from the fanbase the same way Cassel is. Good call.

htismaqe
09-21-2012, 11:12 AM
It is IMPOSSIBLE to feel sorry for RAC. He's not SADDLED with Cassel.

He willingly TOOK the head coaching job. He KNEW at the time that Cassel was the QB.

This is identical to when Gunther returned to coach the defense and then started bitching about the fact that Vermeil forced assistant coaches on him.

Romeo is as spineless as Gunther.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 11:15 AM
It is IMPOSSIBLE to feel sorry for RAC. He's not SADDLED with Cassel.

He willingly TOOK the head coaching job. He KNEW at the time that Cassel was the QB.

This is identical to when Gunther returned to coach the defense and then started bitching about the fact that Vermeil forced assistant coaches on him.

Romeo is as spineless as Gunther.
Bingo.

But to be cool and.act like you have football knowledge. You have to jump on the Cassel hate wagon. Its the cp way.

PRIEST
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Gun was a little stranger , he liked tough sleeveless kickers with attitudes

Gun as Head Coach = RAC

Rausch
09-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Bingo.

But to be cool and.act like you have football knowledge. You have to jump on the Cassel hate wagon. Its the cp way.

It's common fucking sense...

Bowser
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Bingo.

Cassel has earned the way the fans feel, and if you can't see that, well, there's no helping you.

Of course RAC took the job. Who is going to turn down an NFL coaching gig? This falls on Pioli for taking the easy way out and hiring a guy that he was both (too) comfortable with, and who could also be the foot shuffling porter an egomaniac like Pioli needs (credit to Talking Can on that one).

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
It's common ****ing sense...

Well no shit. That's why the same shit is rehashed by the same people in every thread. Common sense doesn't apply here.

Bugeater
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
He can't get injured if he's not playing.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Cassel has earned the way the fans feel, and if you can't see that, well, there's no helping you.

Of course RAC took the job. Who is going to turn down an NFL coaching gig? This falls on Pioli for taking the easy way out and hiring a guy that he was both (too) comfortable with, and who could also be the foot shuffling porter an egomaniac like Pioli needs (credit to Talking Can on that one).

Absolutely correct.

Micjones
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM

Ouch.
LMAO

lcarus
09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
You just KNOW Romeo wants Quinn in there. It'll happen at some point too. Just wait and see. And it'll be the same bag of dick sauce that we have with Cassel.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 11:37 AM
LOL. I have to give Romeo props. This is the best way for him to deflect attention away from his epic.failings. playing the fanbase hate of Cassel card.

What a fucking.pussy.

DaWolf
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I think we talked about this in the offseason. Romeo has never publicly praised Cassel. Sure, he'll get up there and say the typical "well, we've won with him before, we think we can again" stuff, but he hardly ever comes across as enthusiastic about Cassel.

If the dumb mistakes and turnovers and three and outs continue, and we are in a really crappy position by the bye, Quinn could be starting after the bye.

It's all moot though unless the defense decides to man up...

HemiEd
09-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Well no shit. That's why the same shit is rehashed by the same people in every thread. Common sense doesn't apply here.

And you take this same approach in every thread, so what is the difference? I don't see any. Are you expecting to change something?

FAX
09-21-2012, 12:24 PM
I think we talked about this in the offseason. Romeo has never publicly praised Cassel. Sure, he'll get up there and say the typical "well, we've won with him before, we think we can again" stuff, but he hardly ever comes across as enthusiastic about Cassel.

If the dumb mistakes and turnovers and three and outs continue, and we are in a really crappy position by the bye, Quinn could be starting after the bye.

It's all moot though unless the defense decides to man up...

You're absolutely right about Crennel's lack of enthusiasm when it comes to Cassel, Mr. DaWolf. I'm reminded of that recent article about Crennel's relationship with Weis and how close they are and how they share everything except food which they will fight over if necessary.

We know that Weis was far from thrilled with Cassel. It went from "I'm here to fix the quarterback" to "I can't work with this guy." in less than one pre-season. It's certainly logical to assume that Weis has shared his feelings with Crennel who undoubtedly respects Weis' opinion on matters offensive.

I don't recall Haley ever speaking in anything but nominal terms about Cassel either. He usually deflected to the "It's a team game." mantra. So, we have at least three coaches (that we know about) who are, at minimum, unenthusiastic about the guy ... yet our GM (whose job it is to provide players consistent with and favorable to the HC's objectives) has done nothing to address the issue.

That, my friends, is strange. Very strange. I don't care what planet you're from.

FAX

FAX
09-21-2012, 12:27 PM

Simmah!!!

We're trying over here, okay? Heck, I even posted a Shakespeare knock off and didn't mention Cassel once. And Mr. BlackBob thinks that, were we to bench him, it would confuse the other players ... that's different.

FAX

Micjones
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I wonder if he'd actually pull the trigger and play Quinn over Cassel?

DaWolf
09-21-2012, 12:33 PM
yet our GM (whose job it is to provide players consistent with and favorable to the HC's objectives) has done nothing to address the issue.

That, my friends, is strange. Very strange. I don't care what planet you're from.

FAX

People have always said that Pioli is "married" to Cassel for the long term, and he is too stubborn or too close to Cassel to cut ties with the guy. I used to think "there is no way a guy who makes his living on trying to build winning football teams would put all that in jeopardy just to prove that he was right about Cassel and everyone else was wrong, especially when it is evident that Cassel has reached his ceiling and will never become anything better." Yet here we are...

FAX
09-21-2012, 12:36 PM
People have always said that Pioli is "married" to Cassel for the long term, and he is too stubborn or too close to Cassel to cut ties with the guy. I used to think "there is no way a guy who makes his living on trying to build winning football teams would put all that in jeopardy just to prove that he was right about Cassel and everyone else was wrong, especially when it is evident that Cassel has reached his ceiling and will never become anything better." Yet here we are...

No ... you're right.

It's extraordinary. I cannot fathom the rationale. Particularly when you consider the fact that even Weis and Crennel (Pioli's old posse) wouldn't throw a wet rat on Cassel if he were ablaze.

There's some kind of mental or emotional thing going on here that is beyond my ability to understand.

FAX

Micjones
09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I think he'll move on from Cassel when he has access to a QB he believes is clearly better.

Remember he made an attempt at signing Manning.

He might not get that chance, but I believe he would.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
This whole Pioli/Cassel thing is the exact same as Vermeil/Green. Only except Vermeil knew quarterbacks, and Green could read defenses and go through progressions.

And Mr. FAX, with Pioli, it all comes down to ego. That's the only thing left at this point as to why he would not have cut Bait on Cassel. Sadly, your boy Whitlock warned us of this years ago.

whoman69
09-21-2012, 12:42 PM

I don't know of any other way to look at it. He's had a chance to draft other QBs and went with a 5th rounder in Stanzi. He said he was bringing in competition and brought a failure in Quinn who was told as soon as he signed that he was backup. There is absolutely no other way to look at it.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I think he'll move on from Cassel when he has access to a QB he believes is clearly better.

Disagree with this. Orton was CLEARLY better, and they let him walk to be a fucking backup to Romo.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't know of any other way to look at it. He's had a chance to draft other QBs and went with a 5th rounder in Stanzi. He said he was bringing in competition and brought a failure in Quinn who was told as soon as he signed that he was backup. There is absolutely no other way to look at it.

And don't forget he apssed on Russell WIlson this year to take Donald Fucking Stephenson in the third round.

Apparently for Pioli, it's more important to have a young player on hand to help leverage in contract negotiations NEXT year with your established left tackle than it is to have a legitimate young quarterback on your roster. Gah, that still pisses me off.

FAX
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
This whole Pioli/Cassel thing is the exact same as Vermeil/Green. Only except Vermeil knew quarterbacks, and Green could read defenses and go through progressions.

And Mr. FAX, with Pioli, it all comes down to ego. That's the only thing left at this point as to why he would not have cut Bait on Cassel. Sadly, your boy Whitlock warned us of this years ago.

Yep. And I didn't believe him and I called him a bad name too. I feel kinda silly and embarrassed.

I think I'll eat some ice cream.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM
The way his defense is playing, RAC couldn't win with the love child of Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

sedated
09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I heard that this morning and it was all speculation and "what ifs". And it doesn’t matter, IMHO Pioli never would have given RAC the job if he didn’t agree to having Cassel as his QB. He signed up for it, he has to deal with it.

sedated
09-21-2012, 01:04 PM
And don't forget he apssed on Russell WIlson this year to take Donald ****ing Stephenson in the third round.

Apparently for Pioli, it's more important to have a young player on hand to help leverage in contract negotiations NEXT year with your established left tackle than it is to have a legitimate young quarterback on your roster. Gah, that still pisses me off.

I’m guessing this has more to do with ownership than Pioli. Why would a GM care about constantly drafting replacements for talented players if he had an owner who was willing to open up the wallet? Its probably an order from above – “you can keep 3 guys on $50 million deals, but everyone else will walk. You’re the so-called genius, you figure it out.”

the Talking Can
09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
replaying it right now on 610

DaWolf
09-21-2012, 01:11 PM
And don't forget he apssed on Russell WIlson this year to take Donald ****ing Stephenson in the third round.

I don't think Pioli will ever draft a QB who isn't a prototypical pocket passer. I can't remember why, but over the years I've read enough, via the book War Room or via other articles about his thoughts on Bledsoe and Brady, to get the sense that if a guy is not a prototypical pocket passer who comes from a pro-style offense in college, Pioli will not strongly consider him, because he thinks there is more risk of failure. Which is why he probably never seriously thought about RGIII.

Based on Stanzi, I think Pioli is banking that if he keeps trying to draft guys in the 4th to 7th rounds who are in pro-style offenses in college, that he will eventually hit on a guy who is as hard a worker as Brady and it will translate on the field. The evidence however shows that pretty much everyone he's drafted since Brady has not translated well on the field, including Stanzi...

HemiEd
09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I heard that this morning and it was all speculation and "what ifs". And it doesn’t matter, IMHO Pioli never would have given RAC the job if he didn’t agree to having Cassel as his QB. He signed up for it, he has to deal with it.

I don't think there can be any doubt about that, and I think Haley operated under that same set of restrictions.

Frosty
09-21-2012, 01:24 PM

I don't know. I think it's possible that Pioli told RAC that they would bring in competition at QB when Crennel took the job. Free agency hadn't started yet so Orton was theoretically still available. I think the Chiefs did half-heartedly try to re-sign Orton but he saw the writing on the wall and went to Dallas. They also were interested in Manning and RAC made it clear that he, at least, was very interested.

Crennel also talked all through the Senior Bowl and combine about the different QBs and they brought in a bunch of QBs for predraft visits. However, when the draft rolled around, I think Pioli couldn't bring himself to actually draft a quality QB and pussed out.

They finally ended up with Quinn and Stanzi as "competition". I think if Crennel had known from the beginning that Cassel was the starter no matter what, he wouldn't have bothered with all of the above.

FAX
09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
replaying it right now on 610

What a stupid argument these guys are trying to make ... "Does this get Crennel off the hook? Yes or no." ... what?

If this were any other franchise and any player ... any player ... quarterback or d-back or punter or anybody ... was under-performing, the HC has the right, nay the responsibility, to pull that player and put somebody else in the game. Period.

Why should Cassel be any different? Crennel isn't "on the hook" by any measure. And, even if he were, he could get his ass off the hook pretty damn fast by pulling Cassel and giving one of the other guys a shot.

If Crennel doesn't have faith in Cassel, bench his ass. Problem solved.

God. Sometimes the KC media morons flat wear me out.

FAX

DaWolf
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
The good thing about the age we live in now is that the message can be heard loud and clear. And the media has finally hopped on board with this thing too. You can't snooker people anymore. Just like last year word leaked out that Pioli would be unable to hire McDaniels because it would be viewed as a PR disaster and would be un-sellable to the season ticket fan base, this Cassel thing is going to come to a head. If we continue to suck this year, there is no way they can walk into next year thinking Cassel is going to sell tickets, especially when Arrowhead is half empty the last two months of the season.

Even if Clark Hunt was all about the money in this town, he should know that all it would take to sell a few tickets is to draft a first round QB (not named Landry Jones) and get this town excited about the possibilities and get jersey's flying off the shelf...

beach tribe
09-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't know. I think it's possible that Pioli told RAC that they would bring in competition at QB when Crennel took the job. Free agency hadn't started yet so Orton was theoretically still available. I think the Chiefs did half-heartedly try to re-sign Orton but he saw the writing on the wall and went to Dallas. They also were interested in Manning and RAC made it clear that he, at least, was very interested.

Crennel also talked all through the Senior Bowl and combine about the different QBs and they brought in a bunch of QBs for predraft visits. However, when the draft rolled around, I think Pioli couldn't bring himself to actually draft a quality QB and pussed out.

They finally ended up with Quinn and Stanzi as "competition". I think if Crennel had known from the beginning that Cassel was the starter no matter what, he wouldn't have bothered with all of the above.

Seeing as how RAC and Weis are such good friends, Weis is close with Quinn, and said he could have won with him in the pros, and Quinn took less money to come here tells me that Weis, and Crennel both thought that Cassel was going to fail, and that Quinn was going to get a shot at some point. I'm really thinking that if Cassel keeps being a biotch, Quinn is going to see the filed. RAC has nothing to lose at this point. I think he will pull the trigger if this keeps going the way it has been. This place will explode with joy if Cassel gets pulled for anyone. I think Quinn can succeed too with the way the pass protection has been. The tackles have looked really good, and Cassel has been pressured very little, but has completely shit his pants when he has been.

FAX
09-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Seeing as how RAC and Weis are such good friends, Weis is close with Quinn, and said he could have won with him in the pros, and Quinn took less money to come here tells me that Weis, and Crennel both thought that Cassel was going to fail, and that Quinn was going to get a shot at some point. I'm really thinking that if Cassel keeps being a biotch, Quinn is going to see the filed. RAC has nothing to lose at this point. I think he will pull the trigger if this keeps going the way it has been. This place will explode with joy if Cassel gets pulled for anyone. I think Quinn can succeed too with the way the pass protection has been. The tackles have looked really good, and Cassel has been pressured very little, but has completely shit his pants when he has been.

That is a very interesting theory, Mr. beach tribe. I like it.

Maybe Quinn can get the job done and the team would rally around him. It would take some time to get up to speed, but it sure would be nice to see. The Chiefs Kingdom is hungry for a change at that position.

FAX

htismaqe
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM

And then what? Be unemployed?

Demonpenz
09-21-2012, 02:49 PM
I like how the entire offseason the Front Office was blaiming Todd Haley. Mitch Holthus has been a clown for several years, and now he just added more make up with his remarks on the radio about "Todd Haley's Training camp...I don't know what that was...but it wasn't an NFL Training camp" bla bla bla. Whole place announcers GM anyone who doesn't put winning #1 should be sent on a Plane to France.

09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
yeah, I was listening to 610 on my way home this morning and heard most of the interview with Maas. He spoke as if he were speaking for RAC. It was really weird.

09-21-2012, 02:59 PM
The hell with Quinn. Go all in. Start Stanzi or Tanney. :D

BossChief
09-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Game 6

Frosty
09-21-2012, 03:57 PM
And then what? Be unemployed?

All I'm saying is that by RAC's own actions and words, he was expecting more competition at QB than he got. I'm sure Pioli promised it and then didn't deliver because he's a back-stabbing worm who's married to his little buddy.

BossChief
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Can someone post Romeos press conference from the combine for those that think Romeo was ok taking the job knowing Cassel was gonna be the unquestioned starter.

He didn't.

"Matt CSsel is the quarterback until we get another quarterback in here"

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 04:45 PM

I find two flaws with your thoughts here.

1. "he believes is clearly better"

The fact that he thought Kasl was going to become something in this league tells me that his talent evaluation is suspect to say the least.

2. "Remember he made an attempt at signing Manning"

What about an attempt at RG3, Andy Dalton, or even at keeping Orton? If he is going to stick by his motto that spending cap dollars doesn't create championship teams... when why not attack via the draft? Does anyone who knows anything about football really think that RG3 wasn't worth going after? It wasn't like KC didn't have the ammunition to pull off a trade of that nature.

As for his "attempt" at Manning. Peypey wouldn't even take his call. That alone speaks volumes as to the state of this organization.

Dollars to doughnuts, had we not lost the coin flip to Atlanta... he still would not have drafted Ryan.

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 04:47 PM
The hell with Quinn. Go all in. Start Stanzi or Tanney. :D

No shit. Tanney is done for the year but I liked what little we saw of him in the pre-season. If anything, it would be at least nice to have someone with a throwing range greater than 22 yards.

htismaqe
09-21-2012, 05:26 PM
All I'm saying is that by RAC's own actions and words, he was expecting more competition at QB than he got. I'm sure Pioli promised it and then didn't deliver because he's a back-stabbing worm who's married to his little buddy.

Then Romeo is even more spineless than I thought.

Pioli LIED TO HIM, according to you, and yet here he is, being the fall guy for a start that is easily as bad as last year's.

The man is a meat shield for Pioli, VOLUNTARILY.

The sooner Romeo is gone, the better.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Seriously though, why are people calling him rac?

FAX
09-21-2012, 05:37 PM

I think it's because it rhymes with "snack".

FAX

Frosty
09-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Then Romeo is even more spineless than I thought.

Pioli LIED TO HIM, according to you, and yet here he is, being the fall guy for a start that is easily as bad as last year's.

What's he supposed to do? Quit in protest?

I don't know that Pioli directly lied; he just didn't try as hard as he could have.

The sooner Romeo is gone, the better.

Agreed. I wasn't defending him. I didn't want him as HC or DC (I was hoping for Mike Nolan for DC after Miami let him go). I don't like his soft defensive scheme and I don't think he has what it takes to be a good HC. I just don't think he took the job with the qualification that Cassel had to be the QB. He might have had blinders on what would really happen because he wanted the job but I believe that there was some expectation that the QB situation would be upgraded (which, technically, it was - Quinn > Palko).

Frosty
09-21-2012, 05:47 PM

I assume it's his initials, though maybe it's because opposing offenses rack up so many yards on his defense.

Baby Lee
09-21-2012, 05:53 PM
The way his defense is playing, RAC couldn't win with the love child of Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Maybe if they opted instead for the youngest child of Mr. and Mrs. Archie Manning.

FAX
09-21-2012, 06:19 PM

I don't know that Pioli directly lied; he just didn't try as hard as he could have.

Agreed. I wasn't defending him. I didn't want him as HC or DC (I was hoping for Mike Nolan for DC after Miami let him go). I don't like his soft defensive scheme and I don't think he has what it takes to be a good HC. I just don't think he took the job with the qualification that Cassel had to be the QB. He might have had blinders on what would really happen because he wanted the job but I believe that there was some expectation that the QB situation would be upgraded (which, technically, it was - Quinn > Palko).

NFL Head Coach is not a job you turn down, Mr. Frosty. Especially if your family has already relocated to the city and your pictures and your game balls and your mementos and your stash of Ritz Crackers and Cheez Whiz are all just down the hall and you've memorized the local number for 24/7 pizza.

Crennel would have taken that job if he was told he would have to play without a quarterback ...

Which, now that I think about it, is exactly what happened.

To me, the most interesting part of this deal is how his statements regarding the QB position have changed from last year. He initially praised Orton, stated that RGIII was a dream pick, commented on "... who the quarterback would be ..." and made other remarks that didn't indicate Cassel was a sure-fire lock.

Either something has altered his opinion or he's under strict orders to only say certain things in public. I wonder which it could be .... ??

FAX

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Seriously though, why are people calling him rac?He recently purchased Rent-A-Center.

FAX
09-21-2012, 06:43 PM

In case you hadn't noticed, Mr. thurman merman, his tittahs are stunning.

FAX

whoman69
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
NFL Head Coach is not a job you turn down, Mr. Frosty. Especially if your family has already relocated to the city and your pictures and your game balls and your mementos and your stash of Ritz Crackers and Cheez Whiz are all just down the hall and you've memorized the local number for 24/7 pizza.

Crennel would have taken that job if he was told he would have to play without a quarterback ...

Which, now that I think about it, is exactly what happened.

To me, the most interesting part of this deal is how his statements regarding the QB position have changed from last year. He initially praised Orton, stated that RGIII was a dream pick, commented on "... who the quarterback would be ..." and made other remarks that didn't indicate Cassel was a sure-fire lock.

Either something has altered his opinion or he's under strict orders to only say certain things in public. I wonder which it could be .... ??

FAX

That is a puzzler.

ILChief
09-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry if this is a Q. If not it has to be added to the conversation

<object class="hark_player" height="28" width="300">

<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=tkdbswpdcn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" height="28" width="300">
</object>

Can't do it (http://hark.com/clips/tkdbswpdcn-cant-do-it)

Pasta Little Brioni
09-21-2012, 07:04 PM
I think it's because it rhymes with "snack".

FAX

Rac it rhymes with snack, you have to remember your name.

htismaqe
09-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Yes, either that or shut up. Whining to the media is soft, like our defense.

RINGLEADER
09-21-2012, 07:06 PM
And yet Cassel will start on Sunday.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2012, 07:22 PM
And yet Cassel will start on Sunday.

And lives.

BossChief
09-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes, either that or shut up. Whining to the media is soft, like our defense.

EVERYONE putting pressure on Pioli from all angles is EXACTLY what needs to happen if a change is to be made.

Psyko Tek
09-21-2012, 08:59 PM

he's blackbob

Psyko Tek
09-21-2012, 09:02 PM

does his position in the NFL when he retires affect his pension?

Reerun_KC
09-21-2012, 10:03 PM
And yet. Crennel still coaching this team. What a joke.

TEX
09-21-2012, 10:25 PM
he's blackbob

Who's better, Romeo as a head coach or Cassel as a quarterback? :hmmm:

Coogs
09-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Who's better, Romeo as a head coach or Cassel as a quarterback? :hmmm:

In Crennel's 3 game trial without Cassel things were pretty good. I'm going with Crennel.

Brock
09-21-2012, 11:13 PM
does his position in the NFL when he retires affect his pension?

I don't know about that, but the five million he'll walk away with will.

FAX
09-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm certain that the retirement package is commensurate with the position held at retirement ... it just makes sense. Either that, or there's a calculation based on tenured years in certain positions ... AC, OC, HC, etc.

I have a feeling that's why Haley promoted Muir to OC ... out of kindness to increase the volume of his parachute. Haley knew Muir was retiring and that he, himself, was gone that off-season ... I'm sure of it. The article that talked about Pioli's behavior toward Haley at Senior Day was sufficient to strongly suggest those two bastards were regularly gnawing at each others nads.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
09-22-2012, 06:35 AM
In Crennel's 3 game trial without Cassel things were pretty good. I'm going with Crennel.

39 points in 3 games is "pretty good"?

bevischief
09-22-2012, 06:39 AM

Short bus?

Hammock Parties
09-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Cassel has had two winning seasons, both against the NFC West.

Romeo had one winning season. Against the NFC West.

They're both Patriotards promoted beyond their level of competence.

Cassel should be a backup QB.

Romeo should be a DC.

Period.

Gary
09-22-2012, 07:14 AM

Where's Bernard Pollard when you need him to give Cassel a Tom Brady shot?

bevischief
09-22-2012, 07:15 AM

Romeo should be a DC.

Period.

ROFL

ILChief
09-22-2012, 07:36 AM

Well, we do play the Ravens in a couple of weeks :)

Rausch
09-22-2012, 08:00 AM

I don't wish injury on Ca$$hole.

I do hope he decides to pursue a promising handball career with Jake Plummer...

Hammock Parties
09-22-2012, 08:04 AM
I don't wish injury on Ca$$hole.

Not until his football career is over.

Note I said "football," not "Chiefs."

I want this asshole to go somewhere else, start, suck, and face us every year, and let us beat him.

Preferably Oakland or Denver.

bevischief
09-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Who is left that thinks he should be a starter? Not me for a few years now.

Rausch
09-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Not until his football career is over.

Note I said "football," not "Chiefs."

I want this asshole to go somewhere else, start, suck, and face us every year, and let us beat him.

Preferably Oakland or Denver.

Once he leaves here he'll never play again...

Hammock Parties
09-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Once he leaves here he'll never play again...

He's only 30.

Fucking Kyle Boller played last season, Cassel will suck somewhere else again.

Rausch
09-22-2012, 08:54 AM
He's only 30.

****ing Kyle Boller played last season, Cassel will suck somewhere else again.

I don't think he'll even be signed...

Hammock Parties
09-22-2012, 08:55 AM
It would be comical if he resurfaced as a backup...in New England...

Pasta Little Brioni
09-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Romeo should be a DC.

Period.

Someone should tell the real Pats that the NFC West is an automatic win. Whoops, it's the NFL not college. Nothing is given.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Someone should tell the real Pats that the NFC West is an automatic win. Whoops, it's the NFL not college. Nothing is given.

I don't give a fuck you stupid bastard. Everything I've been saying about these assholes since midpoint 2010 is spot on and you need to hop on the fucking bandwagon. The only success Romeo and Cassel have EVER had has come against shit-ass weaksauce competition. They are fucking frauds who can't hack it against the good teams.

WhiteWhale
09-22-2012, 09:55 AM

Anyone who couldn't see how limited and incapable Palko was doesn't know shit about QB's.

He has the weakest arm I've ever seen, terrible accuracy, and no awareness. He's the absolute worst QB I've ever seen in my life and anyone willing to give him 4 years should eat a bullet after 5 games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/BUTT.png

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/HURT.png

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/BUTTHURT.png

rico
09-22-2012, 12:51 PM

Romeo should be a DC.

Period.

Lol, AND the AFC West for that matter...which hasn't exactly been known for it's dominance these past few years.