PDA

View Full Version : Football Time Warner Cable and NFL agree to a deal

RUSH
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Not sure if TWC is prominent in the KC area but I thought I'd post this anyway.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/report-nfl-finally-reaches-deal-with-time-warner-cable/

Report: NFL finally reaches deal with Time Warner Cable

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 21, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT

The NFL has apparently reached a deal to end a longer-running impasse than the one with its officials.

According to Scott Soshnick of Bloomberg, the league has reached an agreement with Time Warner Cable to carry the NFL Network and Red Zone Channel.

Time Warner has about 12 million subscribers, and was the last major cable carrier without a deal with the NFL.

The league was careful to point out the lack of Time Warner’s presence when it signed a deal with Cablevision, noting it was the only one of the top nine carriers without the channel.

It’s a huge get for fans in New York City, as well as smaller markets such as Charlotte which were locked in with TWC. Of course, at least one customer in Charlotte (Gruden thumbs, this guy) got tired of waiting and switched.

alpha_omega
09-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Finally. now let's get it on before next week's game.

Bearcat
09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Cool... don't really blame TWC for not being part of the NFL's money grab until they started airing games each week, but they have a pretty good lineup this season and it'll be nice not to rely on flaky internet streams.

RUSH
09-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Finally. now let's get it on before next week's game.

Read that both the NFL network and Redzone channel will be available this Sunday.

I'm pumped, this was long overdue.

Bowser
09-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Read that both the NFL network and Redzone channel will be available this Sunday.

I'm pumped, this was long overdue.

Could we be so lucky as to recieve a free preview for the weekend?

Valiant
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Still think they should of held out until Sunday ticket also became available. Is it in the sports tier or normal tier.

It is mindboggeling, nfl: fans want/need this. Twc: they want Sunday ticket too. No, you pay us a shit ton of money for the crap channel that is only worth a damn 17weeks a year, but don't charge your customers for it on a higher tier.

Twc: what about Sunday ticket? Nfl: we will let you know when the contract is up, but no.

Nfl would make 10x what they do now with allowing that.

RUSH
09-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Still think they should of held out until Sunday ticket also became available. Is it in the sports tier or normal tier.

It is mindboggeling, nfl: fans want/need this. Twc: they want Sunday ticket too. No, you pay us a shit ton of money for the crap channel that is only worth a damn 17weeks a year, but don't charge your customers for it on a higher tier.

Twc: what about Sunday ticket? Nfl: we will let you know when the contract is up, but no.

Nfl would make 10x what they do now with allowing that.

NFL network is in the normal tier.

Redzone is in the sports tier.

I'm hoping for some free offer too. I heard from a friend that fios had free redzone for the first year.

I have a buddy who works for twc so I'll probably find out all the details soon.

Bearcat
09-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I completely glossed over the Red Zone channel... that's awesome. Looks like it would be a great way to keep up with the games as long as there aren't an insane number of commercials.

RUSH
09-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I completely glossed over the Red Zone channel... that's awesome. Looks like it would be a great way to keep up with the games as long as there aren't an insane number of commercials.

7 hours commercial free.

Bugeater
09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Those of you who haven't had it are quickly going to realize that you haven't been missing that much.

RUSH
09-21-2012, 11:52 AM
My buddy got back to me.

Redzone will be a part of the sports pass which is $5.95 per month. Not sure what other channels are currently on the sports pass but redzone will now be part of that package.

No promos that he knows of.

DRU
09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Hmmm...I'm chatting with TWC about this now, and this is the response I just now got...

"There are a number of reports today about Time Warner Cable reaching an agreement with NFL Network. As of this time, negotiations continue; but there is no final agreement yet."

Bearcat
09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
7 hours commercial free.

:drool:

I already have the sports tier for hockey... it includes 3 FSNs, NHLN, MLBN, NBA TV, CBS Sports, NBC Sports (aka Versus), Yes, NESN, ESPN Classic, ESPNU, Big 10 Network... and a few others (a few of those like ESPNU might be standard :shrug: ).

ModSocks
09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Red zone is for a different type of fan.

Just seeing the games inside the 20 just doesn't do it for me.

Then again....I guess if i couldn't have Sunday Ticket i might consider it....

Deberg_1990
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM

They do end up showing more than just inside the 20s. There are lots of times when there isn’t action inside the 20s during the games, so they are forced to show outside the 20s game action.

Bearcat
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM

Yeah, I'd rather have Sunday Ticket and could get it through my PS3, but don't want to pay for it since I spend a lot of time watching CFB on Saturdays. So, between Chiefs/AFCW games with 90 minutes of commercials each and hours of commercial free action, RZ sounds awesome.

JoeyChuckles
09-21-2012, 04:05 PM
It's about time. So when can I watch a Thursday night game?

mnchiefsguy
09-21-2012, 05:19 PM
:drool:

I already have the sports tier for hockey... it includes 3 FSNs, NHLN, MLBN, NBA TV, CBS Sports, NBC Sports (aka Versus), Yes, NESN, ESPN Classic, ESPNU, Big 10 Network... and a few others (a few of those like ESPNU might be standard :shrug: ).

How much does the sports tier add to your cable bill per month?

qabbaan
09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Other than the games, I never turn the nfl network on. The programming is exceedingly boring

RippedmyFlesh
09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
That is my go to station as soon as the tv is on if there are no live games.
I love NFL films especially the Stram years.
Hard to believe but at one time we had a good O and a good D ....at the same time!!!!
Montana's short stint is the only thing since that has come close.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-21-2012, 05:53 PM

I love the Red Zone channel. It is the only thing DISH has that DIRECTV doesn't. I really miss having that now that my Sunday Ticket free trial is over.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Other than the games, I never turn the nfl network on. The programming is exceedingly boring

Better than ESPN

ZootedGranny
09-21-2012, 06:01 PM
http://i.minus.com/ijNsCy.jpg

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2012, 06:08 PM

Turn in your Man card.

AustinChief
09-21-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20120921-time-warner-cable-agrees-to-carry-nfl-network-starting-sunday.ece

It's official.

Bearcat
09-21-2012, 07:43 PM
How much does the sports tier add to your cable bill per month?

$5/month... well worth it for CFB and hockey. Last year I got a lot of WCHA games on the extra Fox Sports channels (mostly North Dakota and Minnesota) plus whatever was on CBS/NBC Sports.

BossChief
09-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Just wait till the factor this into their pricing...

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
It's about damn time. Finally I get these channels :)

sedated
09-21-2012, 07:59 PM
I love the Red Zone channel. It is the only thing DISH has that DIRECTV doesn't.

DTV has it, but only as part of the sunday ticket.

Im not crazy about red zone. I thought it would be great to have on a 2nd TV, but it ends up being a few seconds faster than the Chiefs game, so its annoying when they switch over to that - you see it out of the corner of your eye before you experience it with sound.

Nightfyre
09-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Hallelujah!

Mama Hip Rockets
09-21-2012, 09:51 PM
DTV has it, but only as part of the sunday ticket.

Yeah, I know. That really doesn't make sense to me. It seems like the channel should be designed for people who DON'T have Sunday Ticket.

mnchiefsguy
09-21-2012, 11:16 PM
$5/month... well worth it for CFB and hockey. Last year I got a lot of WCHA games on the extra Fox Sports channels (mostly North Dakota and Minnesota) plus whatever was on CBS/NBC Sports.

I did not know about the hockey channels (just never paid attention to what channels we weren't signed up for). Thanks for the info, will call add it tomorrow. Extra hockey and NFL Network, can't beat it.

ZootedGranny
09-22-2012, 03:40 AM
Both channels are already on air.

NFL Network 346/1346
NFL Redzone 347/1347

Caseyguyrr
09-22-2012, 06:54 AM
about fucking time

Pablo
09-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Fuck yes.

TW is the only goddamn provider I can get at my complex. And they eat a hot bag of hog dicks. But this will make it a little better.

Pablo
09-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Channel 1346 on TW.

KCUnited
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
w00t, just in time to see the Bills/Spiller get showcased with Chiefs highlights.

Bowser
09-22-2012, 10:29 AM
w00t, just in time to see the Bills/Spiller get showcased with Chiefs highlights.

FUCK TIME WARNER