PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Marc Ross should be a candidate for GM

RunKC
09-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Say this in a few other boards. I really like his potential.

http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/NYG/photos/person-assets/staff-cards/ross_marc.jpg

MARC
ROSS
DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING

Marc Ross is in his fifth season as the Giants’ Director of College Scouting. Ross is in charge of the Giants’ college scouting department and the team’s draft. He joined the organization on May 18, 2007 and ran his first organizational draft the next year, when the Giants selected Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas and Mario Manningham, among others.
Ross came to the Giants from the Buffalo Bills, for whom he spent three seasons as a national college scout.
Ross’ first NFL job was as a public relations training camp intern with the Giants in 1995. After leaving camp, Ross worked in Columbia University’s athletics department.
Ross returned to the NFL with the Eagles’ personnel department during the club’s 1996 training camp. He was the team’s eastern regional scout from 1997 until 2000, when, at age 27, he became the NFL’s youngest college scouting director. During his tenure in Philadelphia, Ross was responsible for drafting such outstanding NFL Players as Brian Westbrook, Lito Sheppard and Derrick Burgess.
After seven years with the Eagles’ organization, Ross joined the Bills in the spring of 2004 as a national college scout.
Ross was an All-Ivy League wide receiver at Princeton in 1993 and 94. He holds five school records, including one as a receiver (a 20.2-yard average per catch in 1993) and four as a punt returner (most career returns, 74; most career return yards, 696; most returns in a season, 32 in 1994 and most yards in a game, 161 on six returns vs. Cornell in 1994).
Ross earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from Princeton and a master’s degree in sport management from the University of Massachusetts in 1997.
A native of Sharon Hill, Penn., Ross and his wife, Pualani, have a daughter, Skylar, who was born in 2006.

Chief_For_Life58
09-21-2012, 04:38 PM
sounds like a baller...clark would never want him

Deberg_1990
09-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Sounds like the perfect candidate. That means the Chiefs have no interest.

bevischief
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Can't be worse than the clown running shit now.

Titty Meat
09-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I've been pimping this guy.

RunKC
09-21-2012, 04:52 PM
I would love to have this guy. Have him bring in the New York Giants philosophy: get a franchise QB and get DL who can get pressure on the QB.

Bump
09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Sounds like the perfect candidate. That means the Chiefs have no interest.

c'mon dude. Pioli was THE best choice clearly when we got him. Everybody was ecstatic here when we got him. We all said stuff like

"Clark Hunt is such a great owner, he really cares, he went out and got the executive of the freaking decade man! His father would be so proud right now! We are finally gonna get to that Superbowl again!"

and then we said stuff like

"Pioli is obviously the grand master behind the Patriots success. Knowing to draft Tom Brady and getting all of these old free agents that have 1 more year left in them and telling Bob Kraft that he just came up with the blueprint for every team to win a Superbowl"

ya, we said shit like that.

FAX
09-21-2012, 05:43 PM
c'mon dude. Pioli was THE best choice clearly when we got him. Everybody was ecstatic here when we got him. We all said stuff like

"Clark Hunt is such a great owner, he really cares, he went out and got the executive of the freaking decade man! His father would be so proud right now! We are finally gonna get to that Superbowl again!"

and then we said stuff like

"Pioli is obviously the grand master behind the Patriots success. Knowing to draft Tom Brady and getting all of these old free agents that have 1 more year left in them and telling Bob Kraft that he just came up with the blueprint for every team to win a Superbowl"

ya, we said shit like that.

Yes we did. I was thrilled over the hire. Thrilled.

I was thinking finally, with Lamar gone (RIP), we had an owner with hungry nads and an urgent desire to improve the franchise and win a Super Bowl.

FAX

Pasta Little Brioni
09-21-2012, 05:45 PM
You guys do realize Pioli's back next year?

DaWolf
09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes, Clark went out and hired the best candidate out there in Pioli. It's only in hindsight that it's not looking like a great hire.

At this point I'm not sure who would be a great hire. Everyone sounds good on paper. We're just going to have to luck into a franchise QB, and then whoever it is can look great. The Giants, yeah their front office is looking like gold now, but it's only because their former GM went out and made the trade for Eli Manning, and only because the Giants backed into the playoffs twice at 9-7 then got hot, in large part because of Manning.

So I guess what I'm saying is let's hire Ernie Acorsi, let him get us a QB, then whoever else we hire after him will look like a genius...

Rasputin
09-21-2012, 05:56 PM

Hey, don't be such a downer. Let some of us live in a world of unicorns and rainbows.

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I've been pimping this guy.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/347/099/5f7.jpg

FAX
09-21-2012, 06:04 PM

Pretty much, Mr. PGM. I put the odds of him leaving at about 5 percent. Maybe 2.

And that's even if we lose like a blind golfer.

FAX

DaWolf
09-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Pioli would be a great GM if he had a good head coach and QB in place already for him (sort of like the Giants current front office)...

whoman69
09-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Pioli would be a great GM if he had a good head coach and QB in place already for him (sort of like the Giants current front office)...

So would every other team in the league.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, having an Eli fall into our laps would be nice. Instead we have Marky Baywatch available with a top 3 pick.

BossChief
09-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd be ok with it, but I think we could do better.

Ace Gunner
09-21-2012, 08:03 PM
sounds like a baller...clark would never want him

More like he will never want to work for Clark. Ross isn't ready for the GM world of NFL life, but he's done great things for the Giants, for sure.

RealSNR
09-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Pioli would be a great GM if he would grow some fucking balls and acquire coaching/player talent from outside the fucking Patriot/Parcells systemFYP

dallaschiefsfan
09-21-2012, 09:13 PM

He's only signed through next year, right? Guys don't usually finish their last year unless they're retiring. If they don't extend him, I doubt he'll be back.

Titty Meat
09-21-2012, 09:59 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/347/099/5f7.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img210/7715/11858266chuck.png

Dylan
09-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Hey! "What the hell is going on around here?"