PDA

View Full Version : Life So how long to heal up?

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
I feel like a dumb ass, had a DD Friday night (wife, she doesn't drink much) .. We went bar hopping , I got nicely buzzed, Came home bout 1130, out like a light in the bed, Woke up at 230am to drain the lizard, didn't cut on light, stumbled and fell onto the side of the bathtub hard with my rib cage... Hit so hard it knocked the breath out of me. Spent all day Saturday in pain... but it's a little more tolerable today, I can at least walk for 5-10 mins slow...

I didn't go to the emergency room because they can't do shit for ribs, Don't know if they are cracked or just bruised bad... Will go tomorrow morning to my Doc.

I am going to be out of work a while, How long does it take for ribs to heal?

Bugeater
09-23-2012, 08:54 AM
All you have to do is sit there and steer, it's not like you have to load the fucking thing.

Buehler445
09-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Forever. Particularly if you fucked up the soft tissue in between.

You still driving truck?

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Forever. Particularly if you ****ed up the soft tissue in between.

You still driving truck?

Yup

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
All you have to do is sit there and steer, it's not like you have to load the ****ing thing.

Dude you bounce like hell in a truck and I have to move the 2500 lb dollies too and roll landing gears and shift

Rausch
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Get it checked.

I've had cracked ribs. Sucked. Felt like daggers every deep breath.

I'd say it was about a month or so before I didn't really notice the pain...

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Get it checked.

I've had cracked ribs. Sucked. Felt like daggers every deep breath.

I'd say it was about a month or so before I didn't really notice the pain...

Yea I will go tomorrow morning, I am taking good deep breaths to keep the risk of pneumonia down.... I feel alot better today and can do way more than I could just 30 hours ago...

I actually did go to the place I thought was urgent care center yesterday morn but they told me they were not taking new patients

bevischief
09-23-2012, 09:00 AM
No urgent care on Saturdays in your area? It's going to hurt for a while and pain pills would help that.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2012, 09:01 AM
I feel like a dumb ass, had a DD Friday night (wife, she doesn't drink much) .. We went bar hopping , I got nicely buzzed, Came home bout 1130, out like a light in the bed, Woke up at 230am to drain the lizard, didn't cut on light, stumbled and fell onto the side of the bathtub hard with my rib cage... Hit so hard it knocked the breath out of me. Spent all day Saturday in pain... but it's a little more tolerable today, I can at least walk for 5-10 mins slow...

I didn't go to the emergency room because they can't do shit for ribs, Don't know if they are cracked or just bruised bad... Will go tomorrow morning to my Doc.

I am going to be out of work a while, How long does it take for ribs to heal?

Broken, 6-8 weeks. Dislocated, 3-4. I feel your pain. I've broken two and dislocated to many to count (actually, the same two, but several times).

Only thing the doc can do is prescribe good pain pills.

The thing you have to worry about with broken ribs is if the crack is near your lungs. A cracked rib can puncture one of your lungs, and that's no good at all.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Best advice I have ever given or received: Do. Not. Sneeze.

Just don't do it.

Caseyguyrr
09-23-2012, 09:06 AM
yup theyre broken

In58men
09-23-2012, 09:07 AM
My brother had bruised ribs before. He claimed that the injury was very painful and it took 7-10 days to fully heal.

Bugeater
09-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Best advice I have ever given or received: Do. Not. Sneeze.

Just don't do it.
How the hell do you not sneeze?

cdcox
09-23-2012, 09:11 AM

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-a-Sneeze

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2012, 09:12 AM

I really don't know. But the times I've sneezed with broken or dislocated ribs I nearly passed out.

Really more of a warning. Do whatever you can to stifle the sneeze.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Scratch the roof of your mouth with your tongue to prevent a sneeze most of the time...

mlyonsd
09-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Any blood in your piss? If not you're wasting your time going to the doc.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 09:26 AM
No urgent care on Saturdays in your area? It's going to hurt for a while and pain pills would help that.

Got some pain pills dock gives me for when I have a gout attack , they have taken enough of the edge off of the pain I can tolerate....

I have been slowly walking up and down the driveway and get up from the chair to walk around atleast once an hour.

I will never call another NFL player a pussy again for not wanting to play with sore ribs

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Any blood in your piss? If not you're wasting your time going to the doc.

No blood in piss, although I feel it when taking deep breaths, I am not having any problems breathing...

mlyonsd
09-23-2012, 09:32 AM
No blood in piss, although I feel it when taking deep breaths, I am not having any problems breathing...I did this exact thing this last year. I was in our hunting trailer and reached out for a wall that wasn't there and fell hitting my back/ribs on the edge of the tub. Started pissing blood the next day. They decided I had bruised my kidney and didn't care at all about my ribs.

It took me at least a week before I tried lifting anything heavy and at least a couple before I could sneeze or cough without having an 'oh shit this is going to suck' moment.

I think you're in for a tough couple of weeks but you'll be ok.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 09:35 AM
I did this exact thing this last year. I was in our hunting trailer and reached out for a wall that wasn't there and fell hitting my back/ribs on the edge of the tub. Started pissing blood the next day. They decided I had bruised my kidney and didn't care at all about my ribs.

It took me at least a week before I tried lifting anything heavy and at least a couple before I could sneeze or cough without having an 'oh shit this is going to suck' moment.

I think you're in for a tough couple of weeks but you'll be ok.

Yea, will get the Doc to write me out for a couple weeks.... I am just glad I didn't slam my head on the tub instead because I seriously don't even remember falling... One of those going to take a piss moments while still asleep.

Buehler445
09-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Dude you bounce like hell in a truck and I have to move the 2500 lb dollies too and roll landing gears and shift

I'll vouch for that. It's not a buick.

Be damn sure you're good for it before you crawl up there. You'll hate life hard if you realize you shouldn't be doing it 10 miles into the trip.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 09:55 AM
I'll vouch for that. It's not a buick.

Be damn sure you're good for it before you crawl up there. You'll hate life hard if you realize you shouldn't be doing it 10 miles into the trip.

Oh hell ya... I have a nice Volvo but 500+ miles thru the mountains of NC VA and WV wears you out when you feel good.

Buehler445
09-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Oh hell ya... I have a nice Volvo but 500+ miles thru the mountains of NC VA and WV wears you out when you feel good.

Dude. Air ride can only do so much. You'll feel every goddamn bump.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Dude. Air ride can only do so much. You'll feel every goddamn bump.

I am gonna take a couple weeks off minimum...

notorious
09-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Fucking Lush. :D

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
****ing Lush. :D

I could not get off the Blue Moons ... Wife dragged me away from the bar kicking and screaming

notorious
09-23-2012, 10:14 AM
I could not get off the Blue Moons ... Wife dragged me away from the bar kicking and screaming

I understand. I went through the Coors last night like I was 21 years old again. That doesn't happen very often anymore.

I am hurting, but I am not "broken ribs" hurting. Good luck, man.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I understand. I went through the Coors last night like I was 21 years old again. That doesn't happen very often anymore.

I am hurting, but I am not "broken ribs" hurting. Good luck, man.

Thanks,I am too old for that falling shit...

bevischief
09-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Got some pain pills dock gives me for when I have a gout attack , they have taken enough of the edge off of the pain I can tolerate....

I have been slowly walking up and down the driveway and get up from the chair to walk around atleast once an hour.

I will never call another NFL player a pussy again for not wanting to play with sore ribs

I agree with that. Good luck today.

demonhero
09-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Roughly a month before the pain with be gone.. possibly another month after that for it to heal completely. Had 1 cracked rib and 3 of them bruised (concrete fight) and it took a good month to heal.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Cut em out and have Phobia grill them up at the next bash. You only have a few days to live, so at least make a donation to the Planet on the way out buddy :thumb:

notorious
09-23-2012, 10:17 AM
My only advice is to not watch the Chiefs or Raiders today.

Don't watch the Chiefs because you might die of laughter.

Don't watch the Raiders....well, you know why.

oldman
09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
I broke 2 in college and even at 19, it took about 5 weeks to heal. Lucky for me, the campus was pretty flat and I only had a couple classes that weren't on the ground floor. I didn't notice it as much going up, but going down steps was a real booger.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 10:39 AM
My only advice is to not watch the Chiefs or Raiders today.

Don't watch the Chiefs because you might die of laughter.

Don't watch the Raiders....well, you know why.

Fuck both of them:shake:

Pasta Little Brioni
09-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Fuck both of them:shake:

How sad is it we made a bet arguing over which team is worse ROFL Right now they are both steaming piles of dung.

notorious
09-23-2012, 10:43 AM
How sad is it we made a bet arguing over which team is worse ROFL Right now they are both steaming piles of dung.

It's like arguing who had the worst hangover dump.

They are both so repugnant that the smell would de-clense a nun.

Ming the Merciless
09-23-2012, 10:44 AM
could be a few weeks I hate to say it, just take it easy....

I have done a similar thing a couple times

Pasta Little Brioni
09-23-2012, 10:45 AM
It's like arguing who had the worst hangover dump.

They are both so repugnant that the smell would de-clense a nun.

To be fair, it was before the abortion of the first 2 weeks and even before the preseason.

Brock
09-23-2012, 10:47 AM
They take a long time to heal, but you should be out of constant pain in a couple weeks. You need to take advantage of it and get your doctor to prescribe you some goofballs.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2012, 10:50 AM
have fun rolling on your stomach to get out of bed every morning.

I wouldn't waste time with a doc.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Right now I think the Chiefs may be slightly better than the Raiders until the Raiders can show me they can get that ZBS stuff going, Personally, I don't think we have the right personnel to do so.... We have no corners at all... Ben will kill us today

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 10:56 AM
They take a long time to heal, but you should be out of constant pain in a couple weeks. You need to take advantage of it and get your doctor to prescribe you some goofballs.

Pain meds make me sick on my stomach alot

have fun rolling on your stomach to get out of bed every morning.

I wouldn't waste time with a doc.

Could not lay down on the bed without pain yet, Slept in recliner last night, Wife still has to help me out of that, can't use my right arm enough to get the power to operate the reclining mechanism but I am already moving better than I was yesterday.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Pain meds make me sick on my stomach alot

Could not lay down on the bed without pain yet, Slept in recliner last night, Wife still has to help me out of that, can't use my right arm enough to get the power to operate the reclining mechanism but I am already moving better than I was yesterday.

400mg of your fav pain reliever every 4 hrs religiously until you can do a sit up. Which will be anywhere from 3 to 7 weeks.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 11:52 AM
400mg of your fav pain reliever every 4 hrs religiously until you can do a sit up. Which will be anywhere from 3 to 7 weeks.

Yea well I have been working since I was 14 and I am now 46.... I am gonna rest this bod up for a few weeks

Ace Gunner
09-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Yea well I have been working since I was 14 and I am now 46.... I am gonna rest this bod up for a few weeks

K, but it's not just about pain relief -- it's also very much about minimizing inflammation, which will slow recovery by as much as twice the amount of recovery time.

Dave Lane
09-23-2012, 12:41 PM
You on work release?

Forget the doctor and forget the pain. Its totally minor. An asprin maybe. I've had 10-15 broken / cracked ribs 0 reason to see a doctor or take time off work. It will be sore for a couple of weeks. No big deal at all.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 12:45 PM
K, but it's not just about pain relief -- it's also very much about minimizing inflammation, which will slow recovery by as much as twice the amount of recovery time.

Taking Advils for inflammation now...Will talk to doc tomorrow

You on work release?

Forget the doctor and forget the pain. Its totally minor. An asprin maybe. I've had 10-15 broken / cracked ribs 0 reason to see a doctor or take time off work. It will be sore for a couple of weeks. No big deal at all.

Yea right, you are studly

Dave Lane
09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
How big a pussy are you for fucks sake? I did martial arts for years and always had a cracked rib or two. They seriously are nothing.

R8RFAN
09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
How big a pussy are you for ****s sake? I did martial arts for years and always had a cracked rib or two. They seriously are nothing.

I am obviously a bigger one that you Chuck Norris

58-4ever
09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
This is where Cassel turns his career around

Ace Gunner
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
How big a pussy are you for ****s sake? I did martial arts for years and always had a cracked rib or two. They seriously are nothing.

great story bro

Silock
09-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I had broken ribs while I had whooping cough a couple of months ago. It's not that bad. You'll be fine in a couple of weeks. It won't be totally healed, but by then it's bearable I without pain pills.

R8RFAN
09-24-2012, 08:57 AM
2 fractured ribs 2 weeks in the rocking chair for now