PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We won. Who cares how we did it

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
In the NFL standings there is no room in the win/loss column to describe the game. You either win or you don't.

A win, especially right now, on the road means more to these guys than all of us probably realize. The fight and spirit showed by the entire team was something that has been missing for a long time.

Right now, we got some positive ju-ju. Sure there are things to fix but getting a win gets everyone in the right mindset to make those improvements.

The entire AFC West is shitting the bed today. We are not out of this dog fight so lets be positive.

pr_capone
09-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Who cares how we did it? I do. Any real fan would.

KC isn't going to cluster **** their way into a win every week.

Red Dawg
09-23-2012, 03:43 PM

So do I. If we would get a real QB we would not have to give JC 33 carries and hope he gets 200 every week. Defense will have to play even better every week to hide the fact that Matt C can't play in the NFL worth a shit.

His inepteness to throw TD's is amazing for an 8 year vet.

RealSNR
09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
We can win kicking 6 field goals every week. Who needs TDs?

Or good coaching for that matter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2012, 03:52 PM
I care. Enough false hope and mediocrity.

DOWN WITH THE SHIP!

Discuss Thrower
09-23-2012, 03:53 PM
In before GoChiefs "Lulz wins against NFC south don't count"x..?

ModSocks
09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
We can win kicking 6 field goals every week. Who needs TDs?

Or good coaching for that matter.

So after a win, you still can't find any positives?

Yeah, there are still a lot of issues to be ironed out. Im sure it will be talked more than enough here.

Be objectionable.

Dave Lane
09-23-2012, 04:10 PM
No, its who cares?

jspchief
09-23-2012, 04:11 PM

/thread

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM
That's the point. Build on the positive. We know we can't win this way every week but Jesus lets enjoy the win

Dave Lane
09-23-2012, 04:28 PM
That's the point. Build on the positive. We know we can't win this way every week but Jesus lets enjoy the win

Please explain why. And I mean how it helps the future of the Chiefs in any positive way.

ArrowheadMagic
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
fuck this team for making me show up for seats I already paid for.

pr_capone
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Who cares if the rest of the AFC West is dogshit? Are you happy hanging up meaningless banners like we did in after the 2010 regular season?

Winning the AFC West doesn't mean jack shit if you can't continue winning in the playoffs. This team BARELY beat one of the, if not THE, worst defense in the NFL.

Whoopty Fukin Doo.

tredadda
09-23-2012, 04:31 PM
The Chiefs won because Charles ran for over 230 yards (not counting his receiving yards) and Houston had three sacks and one safety and we still had to win in overtime. This is a weakened Saints team we beat. To think we will get a performance like that from Houston and Charles every week is foolish.

ArrowheadMagic
09-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Who cares if the rest of the AFC West is dogshit? Are you happy hanging up meaningless banners like we did in after the 2010 regular season?

Winning the AFC West doesn't mean jack shit if you can't continue winning in the playoffs. This team BARELY beat one of the, if not THE, worst defense in the NFL.

Whoopty Fukin Doo.

so we are the Braves of the AFC west

Pablo
09-23-2012, 04:32 PM
OP, did you actually watch this game?

pr_capone
09-23-2012, 04:33 PM
so we are the Braves of the AFC west

Go fuck yourself.

Baby Lee
09-23-2012, 04:33 PM
We couldn't have done it in any better a fashion, IMO.

WRs killing themselves for shitty Cassel passes, Charles running like a BAUCE, the D coming and coming with PRESSURE.

Always knew Cassel was a liability, couldn't be any more clear that if the rest of the team plays like they did today, he is by far the most glaring one.

The 'Other right 52' told Crennel and Pioli 'yeah, we can win despite this fuckstick being under center.'

Cassel apologists, if any continue to exist, can you think of anything that has ever happened that you said 'only Cassel could do that.'

Be honest now, if you said yes, was it an awesome or disastrous play for us?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Go fuck yourself.

LMAO

lcarus
09-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I care but overall I'll always take the sloppy win. If we can just figure out a way to convert in the red zone and get TDs instead of FGs, this offense can be good. I mean that goes without saying but I'll say it anyway.

tredadda
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I care but overall I'll always take the sloppy win. If we can just figure out a way to convert in the red zone and get TDs instead of FGs, this offense can be good. I mean that goes without saying but I'll say it anyway.

That comes down to playcalling and and the guy throwing it.

jspchief
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
The Chiefs won because Charles ran for over 230 yards (not counting his receiving yards) and Houston had three sacks and one safety and we still had to win in overtime. This is a weakened Saints team we beat. To think we will get a performance like that from Houston and Charles every week is foolish.

If we get heroic superhuman performances from a couple guys each week, the Chiefs can pull out a few OT wins and perhaps win the worst division in football!!!1!1

PunkinDrublic
09-23-2012, 04:38 PM
When you're a Chiefs fan happiness comes in small doses. Plenty of weeks ahead to be miserable. I'm going to enjoy this one.

lcarus
09-23-2012, 04:39 PM
That comes down to playcalling and and the guy throwing it.

Yeah...Cassel sucks but maybe we can punch some in via the running game. it's really our best hope. Or throw short passes to Bowe and let him truck his way in. Cassel can only throw the short shit. It's depressing.

Baby Lee
09-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Please explain why. And I mean how it helps the future of the Chiefs in any positive way.

Last two weeks we KNEW Cassel sucked and were becoming fairly certain the rest of the team did as well.

Well today our lines didn't suck, our 2ndary didn't suck, our running game didn't suck, or receivers didn't suck.

We're back to the by now one singular inescapable conclusion many saw years ago, and the end of regulation suggests Crennel sees it too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2012, 04:45 PM
If we get heroic superhuman performances from a couple guys each week, the Chiefs can pull out a few OT wins and perhaps win the worst division in football!!!1!1

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/nutty_professor_2-1.jpg

Molitoth
09-23-2012, 05:12 PM
I can hear Pioli now...

"Matt helped us win the game in New Orleans, and I have trust in him to be the leader of this team. If you remember, Matt went to the Pro Bowl in 2010."

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I can hear Pioli now...

"Matt helped us win the game in New Orleans, and I have trust in him to be the leader of this team. If you remember, Matt went to the Pro Bowl in 2010."

Sadly, I can hear it too. And probably a dumbass like Petro as well.

Molitoth
09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm really glad the Defense turned it around today after that initial drive. Romeo must have said something at halftime, which shows the players care.

The O-line and Charles were great.

Bowe had the dropsies (what's new?) and Cassel could've had the chiefs winning 35 - 10 if he wasn't the most inaccurate QB in the NFL.

I'm glad to see the Chiefs win, but Pioli better do all things possible to replace Matt Stinkhole in the offseason... or even better, week 4.

MMXcalibur
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm just going to enjoy the win this week. An 0-3 start would have kicked in the apathy, but hey, we have a big game next week at home and something I can get excited about. Cassel looked like shit, but after two weeks of negativity...I'm just going to enjoy the positive vibe from a win for now.

Baby Lee
09-23-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm really glad the Defense turned it around today after that initial drive. Romeo must have said something at halftime, which shows the players care.

Bowe had the dropsies (what's new?) and Cassel could've had the chiefs winning 35 - 10 if he wasn't the most inaccurate QB in the NFL.

I'm glad to see the Chiefs win, but Pioli better do all things possible to replace Matt Stinkhole in the offseason... or even better, week 4.

I dream nightly that RAC has personnel holding top secret meetings with Garrard and he is wowing the fuck out of them.

jspchief
09-23-2012, 06:37 PM

The Oline was monumentally better this week.

hometeam
09-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Cassel still sucks.

JoeyChuckles
09-23-2012, 07:13 PM
So many Debbie Downers around here.

I'm just going to enjoy a win for what it is and try not to think about it too much.

FAX
09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
If there's cause for hope, it's because our guys didn't give up. They could easily have mailed in the second half, but they hunged in.

Eventually, though, we're going to run out of players. The injuries are piling up and JC simply cannot be required to carry the all 30-plus times a game. Daboll should be shot if he continues that kind of crap.

As for the rest, the Saints have their own problems. No one should delude themselves into thinking that this was anything more than a victory over an already sick and half-dead sheep of a team. It isn't the kind of trophy you mount on your wall.

Plus, we won by kicking field goals. Gobs and gobs of field goals. Who in their right mind believes that, in this league today, you can win that way?

No ... I view this as a very bittersweet victory. Costly in terms of injury and lacking in true hope that our offense has found a way to compete.

FAX

splatbass
09-23-2012, 07:19 PM
The fight and spirit showed by the entire team was something that has been missing for a long time.

Absolutely. They never gave up, even when down 16 points.

splatbass
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM

The point of sports is to WIN, not to lose. If you want to lose games you are doing it wrong. Hell, even Herm knows that you play to win the game.

RealSNR
09-23-2012, 08:10 PM
So after a win, you still can't find any positives?

Yeah, there are still a lot of issues to be ironed out. Im sure it will be talked more than enough here.

Be objectionable.

There are tons of positives to take away from this.

But all those positives can go fuck themselves up their own assholes if we don't start winning PLAYOFF GAMES.

This team, as it is built currently, will not win playoff games due to the fucking slapdick currently under center.

So sorry if I can't give a shit about today's win. It's another meaningless garbage moment that will not get us any closer to our true goal.

EdmontonChiefsFan
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I searched all over the Net and looked at every single preview and not one person picked us to win this game, BUT WE DID. We will be tied for the division lead after we beat the 9 volts next weekend. Yes it was ugly, yes we had some luck, but every other team gets those ugly wins and it seems we never do. Not today, today it was finally our turn. I will enjoy this win for the next few days and I will be flying down next week to watch us win again.

Chief Roundup
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
The field goal to win it was the first time all season that we had a lead in any of our games. WOW