PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs agree to a one-year deal with veteran C/G Russ Hochstein,

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

#Chiefs agree to a one-year deal with veteran C/G Russ Hochstein, per source. Obvious connection there with Pioli and Crennel.

Direckshun
09-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Anybody know anything about this guy?

Frosty
09-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Before looking it up, I'm guessing former Patriot

jd1020
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Before looking it up, I'm guessing former Patriot

Yup. 7 years, 2002-08.

O.city
09-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I see our GM is leaving his comfort zone.

Mr. Laz
I'm good with lilja at center and Allen at LG until Hudson comes back.

The blocking seem to get better after Hudson left. :shrug:

Frosty
Yup. 7 years, 2002-08.

Last three years with the Broncos, too.

KCDC
From the Wiki:

Professional career

Tampa Bay BuccaneersHochstein was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round of the 2001 NFL Draft.

New England Patriots

Hochstein signed with the New England Patriots in 2002. He started in 2003 after Damien Woody (who had moved from Center to fill in for the injured Mike Compton) was injured in the first round of the playoffs. After Joe Andruzzi left for Cleveland, Hochstein started the first two games of the 2004 season before filling in at Tight End, Offensive Tackle and Fullback in the remaining regular season games and Super Bowl XXXIX. Hochstein started the final seven games of the 2005 season at center when Dan Koppen was injured and started a career high eight games in 2007 at center and right guard for the New England Patriots. He has remained a special teams contributor and first choice backup interior offensive lineman for the New England Patriots.

Denver Broncos

Hochstein was traded to the Denver Broncos in exchange for a seventh-round selection (which the Patriots had sent with Le Kevin Smith in a prior trade) in the 2010 NFL Draft on August 25, 2009. The move reunited Hochstein with Broncos head coach and former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Hochstein started 10 of the 15 games in which he played for the Broncos in 2009. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a knee injury on December 28. He was re-signed by the Broncos on March 5, 2010.

Arizona Cardinals

On July 26, 2012, Hochstein signed a one-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals.

O.city
09-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Have we heard anything about Hudson's injury?

Direckshun
Have we heard anything about Hudson's injury?

I think we just did.

Frazod
How ironic that the only decent player those fucking scumbags have let go recently is the one that blocked the two field goals that kept us from winning the division. 4321

RealSNR
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Pioli's like a fucking 4 year old who won't eat anything but dinosaur chicken nuggets

ILChief
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM

Don't know if it was due to Hudson leaving or Lilja getting moved from guard. I would like to see Hudson and Allen next to each other at some point

O.city
09-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Hochstein gives the Chiefs insurance should Rodney Hudson, Lilja or Asamoah suffer an injury.

EDIT: Guess the guy doesn't know Hudson is already hurt.

qabbaan
09-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Yup. 7 years, 2002-08.

ROFL

O.city
09-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Hudson had his knee iced, IIRC, and wasn't on crutches. So it couldn't have been too terrible.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Pioli's like a ****ing 4 year old who won't eat anything but dinosaur chicken nuggets
LMAO

Titty Meat
Hudson had his knee iced, IIRC, and wasn't on crutches. So it couldn't have been too terrible.

The offense did better without him anyway.

Frazod
The offense did better without him anyway.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

O.city
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Hudson is the center of the future. He needs to be playing, one way or another.

lcarus
09-25-2012, 06:13 PM
SUPER BOWL!!!

Kylo Ren
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
So, who got cut?

Mr. Laz
09-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Don't know if it was due to Hudson leaving or Lilja getting moved from guard. I would like to see Hudson and Allen next to each other at some point
Yea, i dunno what it was either.

maybe Lilja's experience led to better Oline calls?

Hudson is the future but it sure seemed better with Lilja/Allen.

there were a couple of plays were i saw Lilja make some pretty good blocks at center too. I didn't look at all of them though.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2012, 06:19 PM
So, who got cut?
Reeves to IR

FAX
09-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Once again, I am lost amongst the weeds of life.

According to this guy's wiki page thing, he's still active with the Cardinals.

So ... did they cut him? Waive him? How did he happen to be available?

FAX

Titty Meat
09-25-2012, 06:27 PM
All I know is he was -6.4 according to PFF vs the 49ers 2 years ago

displacedinMN
09-25-2012, 06:29 PM

agreed. I am surprised that we won with a banged up line. Maybe we should keep it.

jd1020
09-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Once again, I am lost amongst the weeds of life.

According to this guy's wiki page thing, he's still active with the Cardinals.

So ... did they cut him? Waive him? How did he happen to be available?

FAX

Not sure. Wikipedia is a website that can be updated by anyone who knows how to use the internet, not exactly a reliable source.

Hochstein is not on the Cardinals roster according to nfl.com.

Looks like they released him when they made their final cuts in pre-season.

BoneKrusher
09-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Pioli's like a ****ing 4 year old who won't eat anything but dinosaur chicken nuggets

this^

ILChief
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM

there were a couple of players were i saw Lilja make some pretty good blocks at center too. I didn't look at all of them though.

IIRC, both his holding penalties were while he was at guard

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM
this^

Pioli is just as bad as Carl when it comes to the good ole boy network it seems. He probably never took the training wheels off his bike when he was a kid in fear of falling.

The Franchise
09-25-2012, 06:50 PM

there were a couple of plays were i saw Lilja make some pretty good blocks at center too. I didn't look at all of them though.

How much of that was the shitty Saints defense?

O.city
09-25-2012, 06:51 PM
It's a guy signed as a precaution. Hopefully he doesn't see the field and will probably be cut when Hudson comes back.

BossChief
09-25-2012, 06:53 PM
It's too bad Dan Koppen signed with Denver and Casey Weigmann is retired.

Either guy would be a better fit IMO.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2012, 07:00 PM
How much of that was the shitty Saints defense?
well considering that both combinations of players were going up against the same defense, not much.

nychief
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Shame we didn't get koppen in here when we had a chance.

Al Bundy
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
He was a pile of fail in Tampa.

BoneKrusher
09-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Pioli is just as bad as Carl when it comes to the good ole boy network it seems. He probably never took the training wheels off his bike when he was a kid in fear of falling.

yep, he sure seems to have a fear of the unknown.
he took the biggest gamble of his GM career when he traded for Cassel and he's gonna sink to the bottom with him.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2012, 07:07 PM
It's too bad Dan Koppen signed with Denver and Casey Weigmann is retired.

Either guy would be a better fit IMO.

Weigmann was done in 2010. He's a total liability at this point.

With signing, Pioli's out to prove everyone wrong.

LMAO

Simply Red
09-25-2012, 07:07 PM

I don't see the problem here - I also pick out the M&M's from the trail mix.

ILChief
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't see the problem here - I also pick out the M&M's from the trail mix.

Why do you post in a size 2 font?

stonedstooge
09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Pioli trade our first round pick for next year for him?

jd1020
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jh10e8zh1qj4cki.gif

Mr. Laz
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Shame we didn't get koppen in here when we had a chance.yea, i thought so i the time too but i just think they already had their backup center in Lilja.

This is just a temp backup for the backup situation.

Simply Red
09-25-2012, 07:14 PM

his name sounds caucasian, that's never a good sign.

boogblaster
09-25-2012, 07:19 PM
jfc

Ceej
09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
his name sounds caucasian, that's never a good sign.

Hey! It worked Robert Griffin.

stonedstooge
09-25-2012, 07:26 PM
My guess his ego didn't take the negative press about the Patriot Way too well and had to stoke his ego by deliberatly hiring another Ex-Patriot to prove to everyone he is still in charge

1ChiefsDan
09-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Last three years with the Broncos, too.

Even though I live here I don't pay much attention to them (other than to root against them very vocally). Was he their starting center last year? I read an article that said the donks starting center last year was the worst rated offensive lineman in the NFL (probably read it here).

Quesadilla Joe
09-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Even though I live here I don't pay much attention to them (other than to root against them very vocally). Was he their starting center last year? I read an article that said the donks starting center last year was the worst rated offensive lineman in the NFL (probably read it here).

He was a backup his entire time in Denver. He may have started a little bit in 2009 when McDaniels was experimenting with Beadles at RT.

He's a good depth guy. I think he can play both guard positions and center if need be. We even played him at TE and FB in goal line situations.

whoman69
09-25-2012, 07:46 PM

I'm wondering if we're better leaving Lilja at center after Hudson comes back and moving Hudson back to guard.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm wondering if we're better leaving Lilja at center after Hudson comes back and moving Hudson back to guard.

No.

Plus, the Chiefs would be stuck with two second round guards AND Asamoah.

-King-
09-25-2012, 07:59 PM
God dammit Pioli! Out of all the great FA linemen, you got the one you had worked with before! How fucking dare you! You could have had other great centers that are FAs like.... uh...um....

Superbowltrashcan
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM

And you gotta buy 'em on double coupon days after the "best used by" date.....ROFL

LOCOChief
09-25-2012, 08:20 PM

ROFL

TEX
09-25-2012, 09:46 PM
God dammit Pioli! Out of all the great FA linemen, you got the one you had worked with before! How ****ing dare you! You could have had other great centers that are FAs like.... uh...um....

Well the point is the line was paper thin to begin with. time for adding quality depth is over. That is a ClearCase of choosing the wrong course of action to begin with. That is the job of the GM.

Imon Yourside
09-25-2012, 09:48 PM
All we have to do is convince the Patriots to Cut Brady and release Belichick and we could make a playoff run.

Romeo's Pants
09-25-2012, 09:50 PM
More cronyism/"sphere of comfort" decisions from Pioli.

So glad to see they haven't messed with the formula...

Frazod
09-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah, here's the formula - Kansas City - where New England dumps its trash. 4321

O.city
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Meh, he's a backup for a week.

RealSNR
09-25-2012, 10:07 PM

For once I'd like to see Pioli grab a backup for a week from New Orleans or San Francisco or the New York Giants or some other team whose coaches/players with whom he has ZERO connections. Just say, "I've never met this guy, but he played for a few years on a Super Bowl team... why the hell not? Bring him in."

O.city
09-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Andre Gurode was/is out there available.

O.city
09-25-2012, 10:09 PM
For once I'd like to see Pioli grab a backup for a week from New Orleans or San Francisco or the New York Giants or some other team whose coaches/players with whom he has ZERO connections. Just say, "I've never met this guy, but he played for a few years on a Super Bowl team... why the hell not? Bring him in."

I do understand and feel the same way, but I do also understand bringing someone in you are familiar with.

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Andre Gurode was/is out there available.

He was signed by the Ravens 3 weeks ago.

RealSNR
09-25-2012, 10:19 PM
That's the saddest shitshow about our method.

Teams only get 53 guys. The great ones consistently let go of solid veterans and promising prospects because they have better options. Those guys can hold a lot of value to other teams who need quick holes filled.

It makes sense to lure away waived players from good teams. ANY good team. But for the Chiefs the only good team they can take guys from is the fucking Patriots.

Otherwise we can only bring in guys with a direct connection to our head coach's previous team. So, Arizona and Cleveland pretty much.

And before anybody chimes in about Eric Winston, just remember that he's the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Well the point is the line was paper thin to begin with. time for adding quality depth is over. That is a ClearCase of choosing the wrong course of action to begin with. That is the job of the GM.

:spock: This happens all the time in the NFL. There's a reason for "Tryout Tuesday". The Chiefs aren't the only team that have brought in players because of injury.

Quesadilla Joe
09-25-2012, 10:20 PM

If Hudson's injury is serious, Hochstein will stck with the Chiefs the rest of the year. Having a backup who can play 3 OL positions is huge. I know McDaniels loved Hochstein

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:20 PM
That's the saddest shitshow about our method.

Teams only get 53 guys. The great ones consistently let go of solid veterans and promising prospects because they have better options. Those guys can hold a lot of value to other teams who need quick holes filled.

It makes sense to lure away waived players from good teams. ANY good team. But for the Chiefs the only good team they can take guys from is the fucking Patriots.

Otherwise we can only bring in guys with a direct connection to our head coach's previous team. So, Arizona and Cleveland pretty much.

And before anybody chimes in about Eric Winston, just remember that he's the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

So, what you are saying is that instead of signing Hochstein, the chiefs should have signed....?

jd1020
09-25-2012, 10:21 PM
If Hudson's injury is serious, Hochstein will stck with the Chiefs the rest of the year. Having a backup who can play 3 OL positions is huge. I know McDaniels loved Hochstein

Has McDaniels loved any player that was good?

Cassel
Tebow

Direckshun
09-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm with SNR.

I don't mind the signing, and I think it's hilarious that everybody thinks this is a condemning move.

But I probably would have found the best center/guard on a practice squad somewhere and plucked him.

Quesadilla Joe
09-25-2012, 10:23 PM

Cassel
Tebow

Lonnie Paxton was a decent long snapper I guess.

Direckshun
09-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Cassel
Tebow

I think Tom Brady is pretty good at football.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2012, 10:26 PM
I do understand and feel the same way, but I do also understand bringing someone in you are familiar with.

Yeah, that's worked out well so far.

LMAO

jd1020
09-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I think Tom Brady is pretty good at football.

Yep. McDaniels is responsible for NE drafting Brady. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud

Cassel
Tebow

Demaryius Thomas

DaneMcCloud
So, what you are saying is that instead of signing Hochstein, the chiefs should have signed....?

Anyone NOT from the "Tree".

Pioli continues to prove an he's uncreative, stupid motherfucker. Fuck him with a 12 foot grounding rod.

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm with SNR.

I don't mind the signing, and I think it's hilarious that everybody thinks this is a condemning move.

But I probably would have found the best center/guard on a practice squad somewhere and plucked him.

1) In the middle of the season, you're looking for experienced depth.

2) If you sign a practice squad players, they HAVE to be on the active roster and HAVE to be on the team for at least 3 weeks.

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:32 PM

Pioli continues to prove an he's uncreative, stupid motherfucker. Fuck him with a 12 foot grounding rod.

That uncreative, stupid motherfucker put an AFC championship game caliber team according to you.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2012, 10:34 PM
That uncreative, stupid motherfucker put an AFC championship game caliber team according to you.

Game?

I think you mean team.

FAX
09-25-2012, 10:34 PM
It sure does seem like platonic nepotism when we only bring in guys who have shared history with Dr. Evil. Almost as though there's some secret handshake or ring ceremony or funky dance or something that takes place before you are allowed entrance into our candy-wrapper-free zone of powerful togetherness.

FAX

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Game?

I think you mean team.

My bad. Probably shouldn't have used the word game altogether.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2012, 10:38 PM

That's odd because I just did a search on "DaneMcCloud" and AFC Championship and there weren't any results in 2012, nor could I find a post in which I stated as such.

I HAVE said there this is enough talent on this squad to win a playoff game, despite Cassel. But that doesn't mean that I believe Pioli is fully responsible for that talent.

Most of it is from Herm's era. The rest are pieces in which Pioli overdrafted.

And considering the results so far, I may have overstated the talent.

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
That's odd because I just did a search on "DaneMcCloud" and AFC Championship and there weren't any results in 2012, nor could I find a post in which I stated as such.

I HAVE said there this is enough talent on this squad to win a playoff game, despite Cassel. But that doesn't mean that I believe Pioli is fully responsible for that talent.

Most of it is from Herm's era. The rest are pieces in which Pioli overdrafted.

And considering the results so far, I may have overstated the talent.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8826280&postcount=116

And...

Based on his 2009 offseason, I didn't think it possible that Pioli could build a championship roster outside of New England and Bill Belichick but it's hard to argue against that notion in 2012.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2012, 10:50 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8826280&postcount=116

And...

Clearly, I was too optimistic and wrong.

I guess it happens to the best of us.

RealSNR
09-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I figured it out.

The Patriots are the Illuminati

RealSNR
09-25-2012, 10:54 PM

Thank you.

"Uncreativity" is EXACTLY the right word.

Does Pioli seriously think greatness comes to those who never take a fucking risk?

-King-
09-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Thank you.

"Uncreativity" is EXACTLY the right word.

Does Pioli seriously think greatness comes to those who never take a fucking risk?

What team has picked up practice squad players mid season to fill in for an injured player? Teams pick up experienced backups that know the system and can fill in in a pinch and can be easily cut when the starter is healthy again.

Practice squad players have no experience, don't know the system, and can't be cut for 3 weeks. Hardly a good injury replacement.

RealSNR
09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
What team has picked up practice squad players mid season to fill in for an injured player? Teams pick up experienced backups that know the system and can fill in in a pinch and can be easily cut when the starter is healthy again.

Practice squad players have no experience, don't know the system, and can't be cut for 3 weeks. Hardly a good injury replacement.

Dude, this is Pioli's 4th season on the job. The ends don't justify the means.

You just fucking know that Romeo let Scott know that he needs an extra interior linemen for some time, and Scott got out his little black book of Belichick's ex-girlfriends. THAT'S how he went shopping for a replacement.

I have nothing against Hochstein. I DO have a problem with the fact that Pioli RARELY ever looks to other teams BESIDES THE PATRIOTS to fill last-minute holes.

mcaj22
09-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Pioli sticking to the Patriots tree for Free Agents is no different than Pioli rarely drafting by BPA in the draft. I think he's done it twice only in four years. So it's just as rare for him to sign some player outside of the tree. Which rarely ever happens

T-post Tom
09-26-2012, 12:09 AM
On the positive side, he's a vet and should be familiar with the blocking schemes. Until proven otherwise, seems like a smart move.

NJChiefsFan
09-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Dude, this is Pioli's 4th season on the job. The ends don't justify the means.

You just ****ing know that Romeo let Scott know that he needs an extra interior linemen for some time, and Scott got out his little black book of Belichick's ex-girlfriends. THAT'S how he went shopping for a replacement.

I have nothing against Hochstein. I DO have a problem with the fact that Pioli RARELY ever looks to other teams BESIDES THE PATRIOTS to fill last-minute holes.

Yeah in and of itself the move isn't a big deal. However, when every "subtle" and even not so subtle move results in an ex-Patriot scrap it makes you wonder what the hell is going on.

Its not like a bunch of these ex-Patriot players have outperformed their expected talent and become an asset. They don't fill holes or just play smart, solid football when called upon. How many even come close? O'Callahan did for a few games if I remember correctly and then fell apart.

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2012, 12:16 AM
O'Callahan did for a few games if I remember correctly and then fell apart.

O'Callahan sucked, Vrabel was garbage, so on and so forth.

Pioli's track record of free agent signings is weak at best. What the hell happened to Steve Breaston?

NJChiefsFan
09-26-2012, 12:22 AM

Pioli's track record of free agent signings is weak at best. What the hell happened to Steve Breaston?

For sure O'Callahan sucked. I just seem to remember him having a good first few games but maybe I am totally wrong. I don't know what to think of Breaston. Part of me feels that when you are not Cassel's first target or a RB you are screwed. Another part of me wonders if I over-rated him in Arizona. He did have a couple good games with Orton last year didn't he?

*Edit Looking at his stats it seems he only had a big break out game in the second half @NE last year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8396/gamelog;_ylt=AoX0oagYlU4k3x.mG4Wz6n_.uLYF?year=2011

DaneMcCloud
09-26-2012, 12:26 AM
For sure O'Callahan sucked. I just seem to remember him having a good first few games but maybe I am totally wrong. I don't know what to think of Breaston. Part of me feels that when you are not Cassel's first target or a RB you are screwed. Another part of me wonders if I over-rated him in Arizona. He did have a couple good games with Orton last year didn't he?

*Edit Looking at his stats it seems he only had a big break out game @NE last year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8396/gamelog;_ylt=AoX0oagYlU4k3x.mG4Wz6n_.uLYF?year=2011

Breaston had a decent year last season (785, 61, 2TD) but he's completely fallen off the map this year.

Of course, that's mainly due to the QB but for $5 million per, the Chiefs should be getting a little more output.

NJChiefsFan
09-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Breaston had a decent year last season (785, 61, 2TD) but he's completely fallen off the map this year.

Of course, that's mainly due to the QB but for $5 million per, the Chiefs should be getting a little more output.

For sure. McCluster was targeted a ton in the first 3 games and Baldwin got some looks last week. I figure the former is due to Matt liking the check down or short pass. The latter, I don't know if thats due to Breaston not getting open or Matt looking at Baldwin more. You would think with the type of passes Cassel likes, he would work to a reciever like Breaston more. Then again, he has been at the 2 a lot this year.

I would really like to see what our top 3 receivers would do under a real or even decent QB. Who knows if that will happen.

acesn8s
09-26-2012, 04:03 AM

The blocking seem to get better after Hudson left. :shrug:Keep Hudson remove Lilja

KCUnited
09-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Shame Pioli's Miami pipeline dried up when Parcells left.

htismaqe
09-26-2012, 07:15 AM

He was a Haley guy. Lots of dysfunction remains at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Ace Gunner
09-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Yes, I thought so also. Lilja looked like a youthful Casey W out there, gets off the ball real quick and is small enough DT's are having a hard time getting leverage.

I'd keep rolling like this and if Hudson can come back, I'd put him at LG and let him and Allen battle it out for the start every week.

Red Beans
09-26-2012, 07:33 AM
I hate to say this, as it would seem that this signing is just another in a long line of Patriot castoffs. One would think we're becoming the Ellis Island for those immigrating from the land of the Patriot Tree...

However, I'm not going to fully judge it as that because Holstein the man cow can play C or G. If you look at our oline depth, singing a guy who can do both was probably a good idea... Not fully supporting it, but it makes sense to a certain degree.

If we can find a comparable signing of someone who can fill multiple spots on the oline, grades out better, or whatever. Then I'll fully condemn the signing.

Gary
09-26-2012, 07:45 AM

Pioli continues to prove an he's uncreative, stupid mother****er. **** him with a 12 foot grounding rod.

Even the CBS sunday morning crew was laying it out last Sunday. They were saying the problem with Pioli trying to use the Patriot way in KC is he couldn't take Tom Brady with him when he left. Shannon Sharpe said to forget about the whole Patriot way thing...The Patriot way is Tom Brady.

Red Beans
09-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Even the CBS sunday morning crew was laying it out last Sunday. They were saying the problem with Pioli trying to use the Patriot way in KC is he couldn't take Tom Brady with him when he left. Shannon Sharpe said to forget about the whole Patriot way thing...The Patriot way is Tom Brady.

I want someone to come in here and create the goddamn, "Chiefs Way."

scho63
09-26-2012, 08:04 AM
CAN WE PLEASE JUST ONE F*CKING TIME NOT SIGN A FORMER PATRIOT!!! :banghead:

DOES STUPID PIOLI KNOW THERE ARE 32 TEAMS IN THE NFL???

WHAT A JACKASS-HE MUST GET SOME SORT OF CUT BACK FROM THEM

Direckshun
09-26-2012, 08:32 AM
You guys are idiots. I swear to Christ.

The very idea that this is a condemning move. Get your heads examined.

Molitoth
09-26-2012, 08:47 AM

Yes. He didn't want the pressure of selecting a QB in the first round.

htismaqe
09-26-2012, 09:26 AM

Every move is a condemning move until Pioli proves otherwise.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Russ "Mike Goff" Hochstein

Hammock Parties
09-26-2012, 09:29 AM

The condemning move was made 9 months ago when there was no effort to hold Casshole accountable for being a shitty quarterback over his last 11 games.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2012, 09:43 AM

No kidding, it's an early season signing where the pickings are very slim. What a dumb thing to bitch about. Rag Planet.

BoneKrusher
09-26-2012, 09:47 AM
No kidding, it's an early season signing where the pickings are very slim. What a dumb thing to bitch about. Rag Planet.

i just find it so fucked up that Pioli likes taking out Billichicks trash.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2012, 09:49 AM
i just find it so fucked up that Pioli likes taking out Billichicks trash.

Eh, all that's available is trash. Guess he likes the smell of Patrioturds better, but really anyone signed now isn't going to be a difference maker anyway. I'll find more pressing needs to bitch about...like Cassel.

BoneKrusher
09-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Eh, all that's available is trash. Guess he likes the smell of Patrioturds better, but really anyone signed now isn't going to be a difference maker anyway. I'll find more pressing needs to bitch about...like Cassel.

true.
it's just like camp fodder and i do realize the pickin's are slim.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Every move is a condemning move until Pioli proves otherwise.
wow ... thanks, GoChiefs.

DJ's left nut
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Wait - we're not allowed to complain about the fact that our backup Center was our starting guard?

Sure, the pickings are slim right now. But y'know what? They weren't 5 months ago and as near as I can tell we're still sitting on a shitload of cap room that could've been used to firm up the line.

It's not like this is a new problem - we knew Pioli had given the O-line short shrift in the off-season and had done an extremely poor job of amassing depth there.

So yeah - Russ Hochstein huh? Someone please remind me of what a great job Pioli has done building this roster and how much deeper we are than when we arrived.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Wait - we're not allowed to complain about the fact that our backup Center was our starting guard?

Sure, the pickings are slim right now. But y'know what? They weren't 5 months ago and as near as I can tell we're still sitting on a shitload of cap room that could've been used to firm up the line.

It's not like this is a new problem - we knew Pioli had given the O-line short shrift in the off-season and had done an extremely poor job of amassing depth there.

So yeah - Russ Hochstein huh? Someone please remind me of what a great job Pioli has done building this roster and how much deeper we are than when we arrived.

This is just another brick in the wall that Humpty Dumpty Pioli will fall off of.

No depth at QB? We got fucked.

No depth at RB? We got fucked.

No depth at S? We got fucked.

No depth at CB? We got fucked.

No depth at C? We're going to get fucked.

O.city
09-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Andre Gurode is being worked out by someone today

htismaqe
09-26-2012, 11:49 AM
wow ... thanks, GoChiefs.

Outside of one glorious ride to playoff failure, his tenure here has been AWFUL. We've had more lopsided games than during all of Carl's years COMBINED.

He deserves the criticism, he's EARNED it.

mcaj22
09-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Ryan Lilja converting to C is like Travis Daniels going from CB to FS

just Pioli being a shitty GM and not addressing any depth

Titty Meat
09-26-2012, 12:22 PM

Gotta disagree from what I saw last week.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Yup. 7 years, 2002-08.

Sweet fucking Christ. I am REALLY, REALLY starting to absolutely HATE Scott Motherfuck Peeholi.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Bing-fucking-O.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2012, 12:34 PM

didn't watch the game .............. again, i see.

thabear04
09-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Why are we picking up ppl I never heard of Im sure there someone else better then his guy

The Kansas City Chiefs announced today that they have signed offensive lineman Bryan Mattison in the wake of an injury to their regular center, Rodney Hudson.
Mattison entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the New York Jets in 2008, after playing his college ball at Iowa.
Mattison actually played DE in college but in 2009, he landed with the Baltimore Ravens. There, he shifted guard. He was waived on Nov. 24, 2011. The following day, he was picked up by the St. Louis Rams.

Rausch
09-27-2012, 09:15 AM
This is just another brick in the wall that Humpty Dumpty Pioli will fall off of.

No depth at QB? We got ****ed.

No depth at RB? We got ****ed.

No depth at S? We got ****ed.

No depth at CB? We got ****ed.

No depth at C? We're going to get ****ed.

If anything we went way too deep at HB and neglected other positions, but other than that, pretty much...