PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Red Sox allow fans to take batting practice

mr. tegu
09-26-2012, 07:56 AM
By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

The Red Sox are going to great lengths to keep the season ticket holders happy once this disappointing season has ended.

The team has scheduled three days of fan batting practice at Fenway Park and they're apparently expecting a big turnout.

From 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 5, Oct. 7 and Oct. 8, fans with Red Sox accounts can swing at five pitches from a pitching machine on the field. Only one representative per account will be allowed on the field.

(Wondering if you were invited? Check your email.)

Guests are welcome to attend can watch from the seats. The Sox are providing bats and helmets. There also will be tours of the park, photos with the World Series trophies and other events. Concessions will be half price.

Just a thought, why not let fans swing at five pitches from Daisuke Matsuzaka? There's a better chance of hitting one.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/09/red_sox_invite_2.html

This is a pretty cool idea. I would love to do this at Kauffman stadium. They have one bad season and two World Series titles in the past 10 years and they are already making an extended effort to keep their fans happy. If I was a season ticket holder for the Royals and we had two titles in ten seasons with one bad season here and there I wouldn't mind at all if we could go hit one into the fountains...maybe.

MIAdragon
09-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Gotta keep fans in the seats after your worst season in 56 years.

MIAdragon
09-26-2012, 08:04 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/09/red_sox_invite_2.html

This is a pretty cool idea. I would love to do this at Kauffman stadium. They have one bad season and two World Series titles in the past 10 years and they are already making an extended effort to keep their fans happy. If I was a season ticket holder for the Royals and we had two titles in ten seasons with one bad season here and there I wouldn't mind at all if we could go hit one into the fountains...maybe.

They going to set the tee up in deep center?

mr. tegu
09-26-2012, 08:05 AM
They going to set the tee up in deep center?

I was hoping they would pitch golf balls.

scho63
09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Great idea until one person gets a minor injury, the scummy ambulance chasing lawyer comes in and sues the Red Sox for millions, and no other team can ever afford to do this nice gesture again.....

Welcome to the new United States of PC Pussies