PDA

View Full Version : Misc I had to say goodbye by my cat today.

Fire Me Boy!
09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Mrs. FMB! and I said goodbye to our Rosebud this afternoon. It doesn't seem like that long ago that this little girl was the only kitty that no one else wanted, alone in a box at Walmart.

As a kitten, she slept next to my head most nights. As an adult, she mostly slept against my back, but sometimes she'd curl right back up in my neck, as if she was a tiny kitten, much too large now to quite fit. But she tried.

She climbed walls (literally), and she once got her head stuck in an empty can of Chef Boyardee ravioli. She turned my wife into a cat lover.

Rosie stretched out every morning on her side, begging for a back scratch, she liked ice in her water bowl, and she knew when Saturday was, because she always got her treats (soft food) on Saturday.

She was our Pretty, Pretty (because one pretty wasn't enough), and we'll miss her. :(

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/6404/img001jn.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img820/6062/37138111.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img221/7783/26434734.jpg

Ace Gunner
09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
tabbys are killer cats.

mlyonsd
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry man.

Bump
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
sorry for your loss man.

mikey23545
I am so sorry, FMB....what an adorable little cat...

Thoughts and best wishes going out to you...

:(

WV
Sorry to hear.

QuikSsurfer
09-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.
RIP Rosie

DeezNutz
09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

Aries Walker
09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
My cat loved ice in her water bowl, too. Rosie looks very happy and comfortable and loved, and who can ask for more than that. Sorry about your loss.

Fire Me Boy!
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
This is the first time in my wife's and my marriage there hasn't been the pitter patter of furry little feet in our house.

BoneKrusher
09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
sorry to hear this FMB.
i went through this back in early spring with my Himalayan cat (Brandi). she was 14.
it hurts.

Fritz88
09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry for your loss FMB, I had to say goodbye to my Parrot not too long ago.

Lots of things will remind you of her, and you will never find a better one. That's just how it goes.

Good luck.

DeezNutz
09-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Yep, I understand how hard it can be. Pets become essential members of the family. However, all you can do is give them the best life possible for as long as they're with you, while appreciating all that they add.

Seems clear you did all of this.

The Franchise
09-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Yep, I understand how hard it can be. Pets become essential members of the family. However, all you can do is give them the best life possible for as long as they're with you, while appreciating all that they add.

This.

Sorry for your loss, man.

Fritz88
09-28-2012, 03:08 PM

Exactly. I remember a close friend telling me the same thing about how I took care of my parrot (I hope I did). It helped a lot in dealing with the loss.

shakesthecat
09-28-2012, 03:16 PM
What a great looking cat.

Sorry for your loss, FMB

FlaChief58
09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Sorry, it's always hard losing a beloved pet. RIP

Fansy the Famous Bard
09-28-2012, 03:25 PM
sorry man to hear man

Frazod
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear this. My advice in these situations is give yourself a couple of weeks to grieve and then get a new kitten.

HemiEd
09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Losing a pet is very tough, sorry to hear about this FMB!

philfree
09-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Sorry for your loss.

One of my English Setters (Captain Woodrow Call aka Call) stoped eating this past week. I took him to vet and it turned out he had a stuffed animal play toy stuck in his upper intestine. ( He will eat anything.) For $2,000.00 we could do surgery and save him or we could put him to sleep. Alot of times I might not have had the funds to have a choice but I did so Call is now recovering. The Doc cut about a foot out of his upper intestine but Call should be fine after he heals up. :) $2,000.00 for a stuffed animal that was left in the yard.

PRIEST
09-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Damn tough , sorry for your loss .

R8RFAN
09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Sorry man, it's like losing a family member... Now go to a rescue and give another one some love that is needed.

Dylan
09-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Rainbow Bridge
Author: Unknown

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

My sympathy for the loss of your dear companion.

luv
09-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry man. Sucks.

Rain Man
09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry to hear. Every cat makes the world a better place.

The Iron Chief
09-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Sorry I fully understand it is like losing a family member.

I've had to put down a 16 yr old Lab and an incredibly old 17 yr old Maine coon a few yrs ago.
The Lab went a yr before the Maine coon..after the Lab passed it seemed the Maine coon was lost without him.

To this day the wife our kids and myself still get teary eyed when we discuss how much their missed.

We currently have a Labrador thats 4yrs old and though he cant replace the others that came before him he does add his own personality and new memories for my kids to grow up around.

Fire Me Boy!
09-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear this. My advice in these situations is give yourself a couple of weeks to grieve and then get a new kitten.

We will. Probably won't wait that long. Very sad for my Rosie, though.

Hydrae
09-28-2012, 05:31 PM
What a great looking cat.

Sorry for your loss, FMB

That was my first thought; she was a beautiful cat.

Sorry to hear of your loss. As others have said, it is never easy to lose a loved one.

The Mayor
09-28-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. They are hilarious animals. While you can't replace your cat, I hope you save a new kitten from a shelter and have a lot of fun watching him or her cause absolute mayem ;)

Pasta Little Brioni
09-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Exactly. I remember a close friend telling me the same thing about how I took care of my parrot (I hope I did). It helped a lot in dealing with the loss.

Petey?

chiefzilla1501
09-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Oh man. I put my dog down last year. It breaks my heart every time I hear someone say this.

Sorry what you have to go through. If there's any silver lining, it's that it gets better fast. Animals have an amazing way of telling you when they're ready to go. And so, rather than live in regret, you realize that you made their life better and they lived their life to the fullest. It helped me when I put that positive perspective to it.

chasedude
09-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Animals have such amazing personalities. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend FMB.

Bwana
09-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear it dude, that always sucks.

Frosty
09-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Petey?

Dammit! I have been trying so hard no to go there.

KcMizzou
09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry man. Losing a pet sucks.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Dammit! I have been trying so hard no to go there.

Couldn't resist :)

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry, Man. Losing a family member is always difficult.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-28-2012, 07:04 PM
We will. Probably won't wait that long. Very sad for my Rosie, though.

So sorry to hear this, hang in there. I have 2 and they're still pretty young, but I still think about the inevitable ending and dread it. Get another, better yet, get two. Having 2 cats is about the easiest pet situation you can have, you don't feel so guilty leaving them on their own for awhile because they have each other to occupy themselves with. There are plenty of cats and kittens out there looking for a good home, that's for sure.

Cannibal
09-28-2012, 07:07 PM
We have a cat going through renal failure at the moment. The vet says he might have one or two more years, but it could be shorter of course. He's lost quite a bit of weight. He's been on the planet for about 16 years. We adopted him from the Humane Society.

All of our cats have been and will continue to be rescues.

I have empathy for your loss.

cdcox
09-28-2012, 07:07 PM
A fitting tribute to a fine companion. Sorry for your loss.

petegz28
09-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Sorry for your loss, FMB

Dave Lane
09-28-2012, 07:56 PM
It's hard to let go. You have my sympathy dude. You really do.

Ming the Merciless
09-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Sorry Man...I have done that a few times.I feel for you...

Current Cat: Thundarr

Departed

Bill (Best Cat Ever)
Horse
Wiley
Friend
Kayla
Kathy

gblowfish
09-28-2012, 08:49 PM
I try to give my kitties lots of love whenever I can. They are my good friends. I hope after awhile you'll give some other deserving kitty a good forever home. There's so many of them that have nowhere to go. Best thoughts to you.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
09-29-2012, 05:04 AM
Been there done that a few times - feel for you!

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2012, 05:07 AM
This is the first time in my wife's and my marriage there hasn't been the pitter patter of furry little feet in our house.

Brutal man, I have two cats and I couldn't imagine this. Best wishes.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2012, 06:18 AM
I try to give my kitties lots of love whenever I can. They are my good friends. I hope after awhile you'll give some other deserving kitty a good forever home. There's so many of them that have nowhere to go. Best thoughts to you.

We will rescue one (or two) soon. We miss Rosie a lot already, but getting another one soon won't mean we're trying to replace her.

Brutal man, I have two cats and I couldn't imagine this. Best wishes.

It's weird. It's been almost 14 years since my house was without an animal.

JD10367
09-29-2012, 06:53 AM
The sentiment applies to all animals IMO.

------------------------------------------------

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered. 'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in...'

"How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump.'

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?' the old man asked.

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

Buehler445
09-29-2012, 07:06 AM

Well said. I have given Chief dog appropriate notification that he must live forever.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2012, 07:38 AM
This was us last year on a lazy Saturday.

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1502/23108517591319473084860.jpg

And another lazy day with the wife.

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/8122/29633820862833258886580.jpg

memyselfI
09-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you for this. We usually see people posting like this about their dogs. Although it is painful for you it is very touching to read about how much your cat meant to you. Sending healing thoughts to you.

PS. Nothing sexier than a man who loves cats!

acasas4
09-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Animals really do become like family members. Sorry for your loss man.

The Mayor
09-29-2012, 09:59 AM
This was us last year on a lazy Saturday

Great pictures!

Shaid
09-29-2012, 12:17 PM
People give cats a lot of crap but I love em. We lost our cat of 12 years almost 2 years ago and have great memories. Looks like you guys loved her so she I'm sure she had a great life.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
I love cats more than any other animal and that's a good lookin cat FMB. Condolences.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Well, it wasn't our plan to come home with these guys when we went to drop off the extra cat food at the shelter, but that's what happened. They don't replace our Rosie, but we've got lots of love to give the little guys.

Riggs...

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/830/camera24.jpg

Murtaugh...

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6050/camera27.jpg

CHENZ A!
09-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Man, I nearly lost my cat last week, and it tore me up. Sorry man. Awesome pic with you and the Kitty sleeping.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Man, I nearly lost my cat last week, and it tore me up. Sorry man. Awesome pic with you and the Kitty sleeping.

I've been torn up for the past two weeks as we started the vet visits and it started looking bad.

-King-
09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Well, it wasn't our plan to come home with these guys when we went to drop off the extra cat food at the shelter, but that's what happened. They don't replace our Rosie, but we've got lots of love to give the little guys.

Riggs...

I'm not really a cat person, but man, that's a nice looking cat. Looks like a Jaguar a bit.

CHENZ A!
09-29-2012, 08:15 PM
I've been torn up for the past two weeks as we started the vet visits and it started looking bad.

I hear you man. I'm a single guy who lives by himself, and my cat is my roommate, my girl, one of my best friends, and a huge pain in my ass. Condolences man.

Frazod
09-29-2012, 08:39 PM

Riggs...

Murtaugh...

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6050/camera27.jpg

That's awesome! Riggs looks alot my Starbuck. :thumb:

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Sorry and also mega-d'awww re: Rosie, she was stupidly cute. Your new friends seem adorable, too.

Also, idk if this helps or not, but I moved away a couple of years ago intending to come back for my cat once I found an apartment in Boston. She'd been a Teen Mom Stray when we first found her, and she ended up spending the bulk of her life in and around my bedroom. She was my best/only friend when I was in my late teens. Every night as I go to sleep I remember what it was like when she'd curl up under the blankets and desperately wish that I'd at least gotten to see her once during the last year of her life.

I guess what I'm therapy-sessioning at you is: Being able to say bye is a really important step in grieving, I think, so I'm glad you got that. For me it's really hard to even remember my cat's not still waiting for me a thousand miles away.

Fire Me Boy!
09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Sorry and also mega-d'awww re: Rosie, she was stupidly cute. Your new friends seem adorable, too.

Also, idk if this helps or not, but I moved away a couple of years ago intending to come back for my cat once I found an apartment in Boston. She'd been a Teen Mom Stray when we first found her, and she ended up spending the bulk of her life in and around my bedroom. She was my best/only friend when I was in my late teens. Every night as I go to sleep I remember what it was like when she'd curl up under the blankets and desperately wish that I'd at least gotten to see her once during the last year of her life.

I guess what I'm therapy-sessioning at you is: Being able to say bye is a really important step in grieving, I think, so I'm glad you got that. For me it's really hard to even remember my cat's not still waiting for me a thousand miles away.

Oh, jesus, that would break my heart! :deevee:

cdcox
09-29-2012, 09:21 PM
On the Lethal Weapons: :clap:

KcMizzou
09-29-2012, 09:27 PM
People give cats a lot of crap but I love em. We lost our cat of 12 years almost 2 years ago and have great memories. Looks like you guys loved her so she I'm sure she had a great life.For some reason it's considered unmanly or something to like cats. I don't get it. I like cats and dogs.

Yet I have no pets.

J Diddy
09-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry about your loss bro, glad you had a good run. Congrats on the 2 newest members to your family.

J Diddy
09-29-2012, 09:32 PM
For some reason it's considered unmanly or something to like cats. I don't get it. I like cats and dogs.

Yet I have no pets.

I'm with you.

Frazod
09-29-2012, 09:34 PM
For some reason it's considered unmanly or something to like cats. I don't get it. I like cats and dogs.

Yet I have no pets.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/yourcatwasdelicious/437522207/1/tumblr_kz18aitSDs1qaxihz

KcMizzou
09-29-2012, 09:41 PM
In my mind FMB was the dude in his avy. Weird seeing the real guy... like seeing a radio DJ.

angelo
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
FMB,
I am very sorry for your loss.

Ang

Ultra Peanut
09-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Oh, jesus, that would break my heart! :deevee:
There are a lottttt of things I regret, but that one is among the most deeply painful.

Al Czervik
09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
What a cool cat....

Sorry for your loss FMB