PDA

View Full Version : Football Los Angeles City Council approves NFL Stadium

Pages : [1] 2

TinyEvel
09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000067265/article/los-angeles-city-council-approves-downtown-nfl-stadium-plan?module=HP11_headline_stack

PBJ ??

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles took a major step Friday toward building a downtown stadium to lure an NFL team back to the nation's second most populous city, despite questions about how a 72,000-seat venue in the city's urban core would impact notorious freeway traffic, nearby housing prices and air quality.

The 12-0 vote by City Council came after starkly contrasting predictions about what the $1.5 billion project would mean for an economically troubled city that has fretted over the loss of professional football since the Raiders and Rams fled Southern California in 1994.

Supporters said the deal with developer Anschutz Entertainment Group would create thousands of jobs, a hub of civic pride and new tax dollars for cash-starved City Hall, while critics warned that affordable housing would vanish in the neighborhood while traffic would come to a virtual standstill on game days.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said in a statement after the vote that it demonstrates "what we can accomplish when the city family joins together with private partners in a transformational development."

"This is truly a game changer for Los Angeles," Villaraigosa said.

The vote was overshadowed by the recent announcement that AEG was seeking a new owner, though company officials have assured City Hall the stadium plan will remain the same, even if the company changes hands.

Breer: Peyton '12 = Peyton '08?
Peyton Manning started 1-2 in 2008. He went on to win MVP. Albert Breer examines what that means for 2012. More ...
The biggest question about the stadium is the most obvious: There's no one to play in it. But the Democratic mayor and other supporters hope the agreement will eventually attract a team - or two - to one of the nation's most lucrative media markets.

AEG, also the owner of Los Angeles' Staples Center arena and the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, has deep ties to City Hall. Any deal to buy the company, a subsidiary of Denver-based Anschutz Co., would mean a major shift in sports and entertainment in the region and around the world.

AEG's holdings include pro soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy, part-ownership of the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers, and major entertainment and real estate holdings in downtown Los Angeles. Outside the city, AEG owns Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo and all or part of several arenas around the U.S. and in Sweden, China and Australia.

The project, which calls for the renovation of an adjacent convention center, is facing a lawsuit filed by anti-poverty and environmental activists that some predict could delay or derail plans for the stadium, known as Farmers Field. The activist group, Play Fair at Farmers Field Coalition, is challenging a state law intended to help swiftly resolve legal challenges to the stadium, and it also wants AEG to pay $60 million toward affordable housing in the long-struggling downtown neighborhood.

There are some risky assumptions. In a city where everyone drives, planners predict many fans will leave their vehicles at home and travel to the stadium by bus or rail.

A rival group, Majestic Realty, has proposed building a stadium in the City of Industry, outside Los Angeles.

AEG is hoping to have an NFL team on the field by the 2017 season. The company has pledged about $35 million to reduce traffic problems.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2012, 07:43 PM
...despite questions about how a 72,000-seat venue in the city's urban core would impact notorious freeway traffic, nearby housing prices and air quality...

Seriously? That's like weighing whether you should use all of your normal amount of mayo or just three quarters of it on your bacon, sausage and glazed donut sandwich.

RealSNR
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
This is the beginning of the end, Setsuna

ThaVirus
09-28-2012, 07:50 PM

LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Traffic wouldn't be that much worse than normal unless the Lakers area playing and the Dodgers are in the world series (and we know that's not happening) haha did it first!

Dayze
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Reaaaalllllly? /clark

Wish I could find the Ace Ventura "reeeaallly" pic or gif

Ming the Merciless
09-28-2012, 08:09 PM

The Los Angeles Jaguars

Maybe they will change their name to the LA Stars or someother gay name, God I hope so

Deberg_1990
09-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I can't wait to watch the Los Angeles Chiefs begin play in 2016!

TinyEvel
09-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Move the Chargers up here, then I have a shorter ride to see the Chiefs when they come out.

Downtown traffic wouldn't be any different than when there's a Lakers game. the article is reaching.

displacedinMN
09-28-2012, 08:38 PM
My order:

1. jaguars
2. Chargers
3. Bills
4 Rams

Just looking at teams with low fan base and bad stadium set ups.

The move would come with a name change unless the Chargers move-sentimental AFL reasons.

But as for adding a new team-there is not enough talent to add a team

then we are talking division re-alignment again

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Jaguars would be the logical choice, but the team that makes the most sense would be the Raiders. If they would sell the team, you are looking at a Dallas Cowboys type money making machine if they would move back to LA. Chargers are #3 and most likely IMO to move though.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Also for us in Central and Southwest Missouri, worst case is if somehow an AFC team ends up in St. Louis. The Chiefs games on CBS would be several undercutted then.

displacedinMN
09-28-2012, 08:41 PM
forgot about the Raiders and the dead pajama man

good call

RealSNR
09-28-2012, 08:41 PM
The Los Angeles Jaguars

Maybe they will change their name to the LA Stars or someother gay name, God I hope so

They'll break the mold of suitable concrete pluralities that every team in the NFL has in common. The Chiefs. Giants. Packers. Jets. Gay sex-having cock gobbling cum-on-mustaches Broncos.

They'll probably turn them into some idiotic WNBA team.

Los Angeles Fame

Los Angeles Lemon Party

Los Angeles Pizzazz

Aries Walker
09-28-2012, 08:48 PM
All I ask is that, if they come up with a new name, it ends in 's'. Bonus points if it refers to a weapon, a ruler of men, a warrior caste, or a fanged animal.

Discuss Thrower
09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Also for us in Central and Southwest Missouri, worst case is if somehow an AFC team ends up in St. Louis. The Chiefs games on CBS would be several undercutted then.

That would just piss me off because I almost guarantee Springfield would be a STL market.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2012, 08:57 PM
All I ask is that, if they come up with a new name, it ends in 's'. Bonus points if it refers to a weapon, a ruler of men, a warrior caste, or a fanged animal.

The Los Angeles Vampires would be the perfect name...

Discuss Thrower
09-28-2012, 09:04 PM
The Los Angeles Vampires would be the perfect name...

David Boreanaz is gonna sue someone for Likeness Rights.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2012, 09:10 PM
The latest "interesting twist" in the NFL to Los Angeles is that Philip Anschutz is selling AEG, which owns Staples, 25% of the Lakers, L.A. Live! (including the Nokia Theater) and the Los Angeles Kings.

Under the previous terms, AEG would only bring a team to Los Angeles IF the owner was willing to sell the team to AEG. Now, that might not be the case. A new owner may only want partial ownership or controlling interest, instead of the whole enchilada.

Also, Roger Goodell has stated implicitly that the only way the Raiders even have an opportunity to return to Los Angeles would be if Mark Davis agrees to sell the team in whole. Personally, I can't see that happening.

TinyEvel
09-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Also, Roger Goodell has stated implicitly that the only way the Raiders even have an opportunity to return to Los Angeles would be if Mark Davis agrees to sell the team in whole.

High-five Goodell!!!

Ruck the Faiders. big time.

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Either one of you guys been to Animal on Fairfax? I'm headed there now.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Either one of you guys been to Animal on Fairfax? I'm headed there now.

I haven't been there yet. The closest I've been to that restaurant is Jar, on Beverly. I've heard good things about Animal, so you'll have to let us know.

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2012, 09:44 PM
I haven't been there yet. The closest I've been to that restaurant is Jar, on Beverly. I've heard good things about Animal, so you'll have to let us know.

Yeah I saw it on Bourdain. The bone marrow looks awesome!

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah I saw it on Bourdain. The bone marrow looks awesome!

Yeah, when it's done right, it's awesome. Enjoy!

TinyEvel
09-29-2012, 12:42 AM
I had that bone marrow at The Gorbals in the Alexandria downtown. l also got that 57 dollar beef shank. Talk about Fred Flintstone meat!

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2012, 12:43 PM
So the "marrow bone" as they call it, was off the chain. I wanted to get two orders of it but my wife made me get something else. Anyways really good times and food.

Also if you're into that kind of thing there's a new Banksy up on a gas station real close off of La Brea that we had to check out.

pimpchief
09-29-2012, 12:50 PM
The la boners.

saphojunkie
09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Move the Chargers up here, then I have a shorter ride to see the Chiefs when they come out.

Downtown traffic wouldn't be any different than when there's a Lakers game. the article is reaching.

You can take the subway from hollywood/highland to the staples center parking lot. As long as there's a stop for the new stadium, I'm gonna love it.

alnorth
09-29-2012, 12:57 PM

The Los Angeles Vampire Bats

Makes sense in many ways.

pimpchief
09-29-2012, 12:59 PM
La Fake Boobies

Dayze
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM
The LA I'm Only Waiting Tables Until I Make it Big Movies...es

alnorth
09-29-2012, 01:03 PM
The Los Angeles Parking Tickets

Ming the Merciless
09-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Los Angeles Pizzazz

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Valiant
09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
That is stupid as hell for a cash strapped state/city

No new good permanent jobs will be created, just vendor jobs, everyone else will be a transplant.

The city will be spending all that jack for a owner to come in practically free. If a team knew it would reap profits it would build its own stadium jones style.

City will not see a real payback for decades with the breaks they will give, and by then the owner will upgrades.

Now, if the city is allowed to purchase the team. It would work. But that will never be allowed to happen.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 01:35 PM
That is stupid as hell for a cash strapped state/city

No new good permanent jobs will be created, just vendor jobs, everyone else will be a transplant.

The city will be spending all that jack for a owner to come in practically free. If a team knew it would reap profits it would build its own stadium jones style.

City will not see a real payback for decades with the breaks they will give, and by then the owner will upgrades.

Now, if the city is allowed to purchase the team. It would work. But that will never be allowed to happen.

The city isn't paying a dime. It's all privately financed by AEG.

BWillie
09-29-2012, 01:36 PM
The LA Whining Taking No Accountability Circle Jerk

Titty Meat
09-29-2012, 01:53 PM
The new stadium is going up near where Biggie Smalls was killed. Not a good area.

Valiant
09-29-2012, 01:55 PM
The city isn't paying a dime. It's all privately financed by AEG.

The city will be paying. Aeg will include a stipulation to where if a certain criteria of attendence is not met the city pays.

How else do they make money other then a percentage for the stadium and what goes on there? The only other thing I can think of is owner paying leasing, but is that enough to recoup 1.5billion?

The owner will get all the money for the team and merch. I guess they can split concessions. But that still

Rausch
09-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Won't happen in LA because no one gives a $3it.

The end...

Brock
09-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Won't happen in LA because no one gives a $3it.

The end...

Oh, it's happening.

Rausch
09-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh, it's happening.

Nope...

qabbaan
09-29-2012, 02:22 PM
My order:

1. jaguars
2. Chargers
3. Bills
4 Rams

Just looking at teams with low fan base and bad stadium set ups.

The move would come with a name change unless the Chargers move-sentimental AFL reasons.

But as for adding a new team-there is not enough talent to add a team

then we are talking division re-alignment again

The jaguars have a new owner and aren't going anywhere.

Oakland seems like the most likely candidate.

qabbaan
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
The LA team should offer a discount if you get there in time for kickoff.

HemiEd
09-29-2012, 03:03 PM

I don't pretend to have a clue about the area, as I only go out there once a year.

But from what I read, the Staples center holds 19k, why wouldn't 72k be a bigger problem?

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 03:16 PM
The city will be paying. Aeg will include a stipulation to where if a certain criteria of attendence is not met the city pays.

How else do they make money other then a percentage for the stadium and what goes on there? The only other thing I can think of is owner paying leasing, but is that enough to recoup 1.5billion?

The owner will get all the money for the team and merch. I guess they can split concessions. But that still

You don't know what you're talking about, whatsoever, so why do you feel the need to chime in with bullshit statements?

Aries Walker
09-29-2012, 03:48 PM
I would totally be down with the Los Angeles Vampires.

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2012, 04:00 PM
I really liked the uniforms and helmets from the movie Any Given Sunday. The L.A. Sharks would be cool. And since its in LA they could even get Pacino to be the HC

TinyEvel
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
The new stadium is going up near where Biggie Smalls was killed. Not a good area.

No, he was shot at Fairfax and Wilshire. Mracle mile/LaBrea tarpits area. I worked right there at the time. This is downtown.

Chief_For_Life58
09-29-2012, 04:09 PM
so which team will move into this stadium? rams? jags? chiefs?!?!?

Titty Meat
09-29-2012, 04:36 PM
No, he was shot at Fairfax and Wilshire. Mracle mile/LaBrea tarpits area. I worked right there at the time. This is downtown.

I was being silly lol

Deberg_1990
09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
The Los Angeles Smut

Dayze
09-29-2012, 04:56 PM
LA ATMs

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 05:09 PM
LA ATMs

Automatic Teller Machines or Ass To Mouths?

LMAO

Dayze
09-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Automatic Teller Machines or Ass To Mouths?

LMAO

:hmmm::hmmm:

Ace Gunner
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
CH-Ching!
http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/1E/8299AB4418E4964971D4FBE2F4E_h242_w430_m2_q80_cJzCTbqCj.jpg

whoman69
09-29-2012, 05:38 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1006/longest.sports.events/images/la.express.panthers.jpg

BossChief
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Why not do another expansion instead of moving an existing team?

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Why not do another expansion instead of moving an existing team?

I'd say two: AFC & NFC.

There's no shortage of talent or QB's these days, so it makes the most sense to expand and really give Los Angeles their own homegrown teams.

Bump
09-29-2012, 06:53 PM
3rd time's a charm? or 4th? or whatever it is.

How many teams have moved out of LA? they can't even keep a team.

Brock
09-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Just get rid of Jacksonville and put a new team in LA.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 07:13 PM
3rd time's a charm? or 4th? or whatever it is.

How many teams have moved out of LA? they can't even keep a team.

Ridiculously naive comment

Bump
09-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Ridiculously naive comment

no, I stated FACTS.

Predarat
09-29-2012, 07:52 PM
They really do need to back off of this two teams to LA thing. They haven't even proved they can keep 1 yet.

Simplicity
09-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Would be sweet to see a new team added to the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 08:28 PM
no, I stated FACTS.

LMAO

Dumbassery at its finest right here, folks.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 08:29 PM
They really do need to back off of this two teams to LA thing. They haven't even proved they can keep 1 yet.

Oh, JFC.

How about the Rams. 25 years of sellouts before that raging cuntress murderer moved them to Anaheim?

Braincase
09-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Raiders will have some sort of legal action before the end of next week.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 08:33 PM

Goodell won't allow them to move. He's already stated it publicly. Plus, Mark Davis isn't his Dad.

If the Raiders go anywhere, it'll be to Santa Clara to share a stadium with the 49ers.

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2012, 09:06 PM
The facts about LA not supporting a football team are pretty fucking stupid. LA had the Rams for 48 years. Chiefs are celebrating 50 in KC this year. Just let that sink it for a second. The trouble in Los Angeles was a stadium since the Coliseum and Rose Bowl are too large for normal NFL games and lack suites. Not to mention crappy ownership. Los Angeles supported the Rams well for many years.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 09:18 PM
The facts about LA not supporting a football team are pretty fucking stupid. LA had the Rams for 48 years. Chiefs are celebrating 50 in KC this year. Just let that sink it for a second. The trouble in Los Angeles was a stadium since the Coliseum and Rose Bowl are too large for normal NFL games and lack suites. Not to mention crappy ownership. Los Angeles supported the Rams well for many years.

The real story, which many people don't know, is the Irsay, Sr owned the Rams and swapped them for the Colts in 1972. The new Rams owner, Carol Rosenbloom, married a stripper named Georgia Frontiere, who likely murdered him years later.

She moved the team to Anaheim because they offered her a sweetheart deal. After she ran the team into the ground during the late 90's, mostly due to incredible mismanagement of the front office in the aftermath of the Dickerson trade.

St. Louis came calling because they screwed up their ownership group during the last league expansion phase (which went to Jacksonville), gave her a sweetheart deal and now, they're looking to opt out again.

Blame the organization, not the city.

Bump
09-29-2012, 09:18 PM
LMAO

Dumbassery at its finest right here, folks.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/p0Cka.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 09:21 PM

You were like 7 years old when the Rams and Raiders left Los Angeles.

Would you like to explain to us why each team left? I already explained the Rams, but go ahead and let us know the real reason the Raiders left.

Thanks in advance.

Bump
09-29-2012, 09:32 PM
You were like 7 years old when the Rams and Raiders left Los Angeles.

Would you like to explain to us why each team left? I already explained the Rams, but go ahead and let us know the real reason the Raiders left.

Thanks in advance.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/5j9AZ.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 09:35 PM

Why the fuck aren't you out partying? JFC, when I was your age, I didn't get home before 4am. Hell, I'd be out now if I had a sitter.

Predarat
09-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I think what they should do is put a CFL team in LA. Keep the NFL out of LA.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I think what they should do is put a CFL team in LA. Keep the NFL out of LA.

More fucking stupid nonsense.

Bump
09-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Why the **** aren't you out partying? JFC, when I was your age, I didn't get home before 4am. Hell, I'd be out now if I had a sitter.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/BHfl6.gif

Predarat
09-29-2012, 09:40 PM
If they do put an NFL team in LA, it won't take long for someone to 'bust a drive by' and kill some NFL players to death. Those players are worth millions. Then the team will want to move, and the stadium will sit there barren and abandoned without a paying tenant. Hell maybe they will get cain west and little wayne concerts every now and then, but thats about it.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 09:42 PM
If they do put an NFL team in LA, it won't take long for someone to 'bust a drive by' and kill some NFL players to death. Those players are worth millions. Then the team will want to move, and the stadium will sit there barren and abandoned without a paying tenant. Hell maybe they will get cain west and little wayne concerts every now and them, but thats about it.

LMAO

How fucking ignorant.

Aries Walker
09-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Who is "Cain West"?

ghak99
09-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Jags being moved to LA... and then the whole state of California falling off into the ocean.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:00 PM
If they do put an NFL team in LA, it won't take long for someone to 'bust a drive by' and kill some NFL players to death. Those players are worth millions. Then the team will want to move, and the stadium will sit there barren and abandoned without a paying tenant. Hell maybe they will get cain west and little wayne concerts every now and then, but thats about it.

You edited this post and there are still misspellings and dumbassery?

LMAO

How many times have you been to Los Angeles, let alone, LA Live and Staples?

Titty Meat
09-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Dane has friends that are Piru I wouldn't fuck with him

Predarat
09-29-2012, 10:02 PM

LMAO

I went to the Forum once to see the Lazers play. But that was back in the 80s.

Bump

LMAO

I've never been to LA or LA Live, but Staples is a good place to get stuff for the office. Heck, I even barted down Windows 7 and got it $30 cheaper, good service.

DaneMcCloud
Piru

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:03 PM
I've never been to LA or LA Live, but Staples is a good place to get stuff for the office. Heck, I even barted down Windows 7 and got it $30 cheaper, good service.

Staples Center.

:shake:

ghak99
09-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Oh look neg reps... LMAO

Hey Dane,

http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/2320/go-eat.jpg

Titty Meat
09-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Gifs and pics with cuss words are filter evasion right?

Bump
09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Gifs and pics with cuss words are filter evasion right?

DICKS

Reerun_KC
09-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Dane. When the chiefs move.out there in 2014. Can I come watch a game in your suite???

Predarat
09-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Dikz now THATS word filter evasion.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Dane. When the chiefs move.out there in 2014. Can I come watch a game in your suite???

I doubt I'll have a suite - I just had a baby! But yeah, hit me up when you're in town and we'll go to a game. It'll be a blast!

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:18 PM
I went to the Forum once to see the Lazers play. But that was back in the 80s.

Was it a gigantic dump? I didn't go there until like 1997 and it was a shit hole.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:19 PM
DICKS

LMAO

What's the ruling, Bump? You seem to be the king of gifs.

suzzer99
09-29-2012, 10:20 PM
LA Cokewhores

Predarat
09-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Was it a gigantic dump? I didn't go there until like 1997 and it was a shit hole.

I thought it was pretty good, but then again all I had to compare it to was Kemper and the Checkerdome.

Bump
09-29-2012, 10:24 PM
LMAO

What's the ruling, Bump? You seem to be the king of gifs.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/1341885874_Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:39 PM
LA Cokewhores

Too flattering

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but then again all I had to compare it to was Kemper and the Checkerdome.

I've never been to the Checkerdome but I guess it was a little nicer than Kemper. The sound was certainly better. Kemper sounded like an echo chamber, regardless of the band.

But that said, the Forum was still a dump. Apparently, someone bought it and is going to "restore it" and make it a great concert venue again. Personally, I think that's a losing proposition considering all of the amazing music venues in Los Angeles, from the El Rey to the Wiltern to Staples to the Gibson to my personal fave, Nokia.

Simply Red
09-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I've never been to the Checkerdome but I guess it was a little nicer than Kemper. The sound was certainly better. Kemper sounded like an echo chamber, regardless of the band.

But that said, the Forum was still a dump. Apparently, someone bought it and is going to "restore it" and make it a great concert venue again. Personally, I think that's a losing proposition considering all of the amazing music venues in Los Angeles, from the El Rey to the Wiltern to Staples to the Gibson to my personal fave, Nokia.

I usually only go to "Tunnel."

Deberg_1990
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Looks like its a "No Go"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--aeg-s-downtown-l-a--stadium-proposal-looks-like-a-no-go-for-the-nfl-000059874.html

As people in Los Angeles await word on the sale of the Anschutz Entertainment Group, the NFL doesn't sound too enthusiastic about the firm's plan to build a downtown stadium.

Less than six months after the L.A. city council voted unanimously to support AEG's plan, the concept is essentially dead to the NFL, according to two sources. The problems with the plan are numerous, but the most essential one is the economics.

"The numbers just don't work, no matter how you look at the deal," a league source said in February. "It's either too hard for AEG to make money [and pay the debt on the stadium] or too hard for the team. I just can't see a way for it to work."

Officially, a league spokesman said Monday that the NFL is still tracking what AEG is trying to do.

"We continue to monitor the AEG situation and remain interested in multiple sites in the Los Angeles area," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement.

Unofficially, the NFL believes that the cost of the AEG plan, which the league believes will be at least $1.8 billion, will make it unworkable.

Hoover
03-06-2013, 12:34 PM
The Raiders are such a shit organization.

bowener
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
$1.8 billion? What the fuck are they building there? I thought it was going to largely be constructed in a hill to cut down on costs...

kaplin42
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Actually, down town has been cleaned up quite a bit, and the city is making an effort to make the place much more tourist friendly.

ChiefsCountry
03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
$1.8 billion? What the **** are they building there? I thought it was going to largely be constructed in a hill to cut down on costs...

Thats the other stadium project out in the suburbs. This one was to be right next to Staples Center in downtown.

kaplin42
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
$1.8 billion? What the **** are they building there? I thought it was going to largely be constructed in a hill to cut down on costs...

As I understand it, they were going to move the LA convention center, and build the stadium there, litteraly across the street from the staple center. Thing was, it wasn't just a stadium, it was going to be an outdoor mall too. Fans would have to traverse a maze of overpriced shops to get to their seats.

Strongside
03-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Should name the team the Real Housewives of Los Angeles.

bowener
03-06-2013, 02:18 PM
As I understand it, they were going to move the LA convention center, and build the stadium there, litteraly across the street from the staple center. Thing was, it wasn't just a stadium, it was going to be an outdoor mall too. Fans would have to traverse a maze of overpriced shops to get to their seats.

Oh, alright, that makes much more sense. That is an obscene upfront cost. I realize the property value is probably quite high, and they would probably have to level several blocks of shit before construction could begin.

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM

Dude, I don't know where you read that but that's certainly not in any plans that I've seen.

Yes, they're going to raze one side of the L.A. Convention center (which is a piece of fucking shit) to make room for the stadium, then remodel and add square footage back onto the other side.

It'll all tie in to Staples and L.A. Live but I haven't seen plans anywhere at all that show a shopping mall attached or part of the stadium, which will include a retractable dome.

But all that said, this thing was dead in the water the minute AEG went on the block.

JohninGpt
03-06-2013, 02:42 PM
It'll all tie in to Staples and L.A. Live but I haven't seen plans anywhere at all that show a shopping mall attached or part of the stadium, which will include a retractable dome.

Why on earth would they spend money on a retractable dome with weather like you have in LA?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome home, Jags.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Why on earth would they spend money on a retractable dome with weather like you have in LA?

Because it would be a multipurpose stadium for the Olympics, World Cup Soccer but more importantly, Final Fours.

Setsuna
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM
You know what SNR? YOU CAN GO **** YOUR MOM AND THEN VOYEUR YOUR UNCLE ****ING YOUR GRANDMOTHER!

LMAO
You STFU jerk!

WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE A NFL FOOTBALL TEAM IN JACKSONVILLE!!!! :harumph: :harumph: :harumph: :deevee:

Welcome home, Jags.
Posted via Mobile Device
I trust you already know what to do with that mouth of yours. AIDs covered dicks bro, AIDs covered dicks.

KCrockaholic
03-08-2013, 09:28 AM

In case it gets under 68.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Yep, LA's new Jagalicious franchise.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220639/article/jerry-jones-two-nfl-teams-could-move-to-los-angeles

I'm thinking Ed Roski gets a piece of the Raiders. That's my guess right now.

SAUTO
07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Rams raiders
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
07-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Rams raiders
Posted via Mobile Device

You know something about the Rams?

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 09:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220639/article/jerry-jones-two-nfl-teams-could-move-to-los-angeles

I'm thinking Ed Roski gets a piece of the Raiders. That's my guess right now.

Roski's deal will never get approved. No one will drive to the City of Industry.

The only place that makes sense is the AEG complex next to Staples. There's a subway stop, tons of young people living downtown within walking distance, easy freeway access and lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Farmer's is already locked in for $20 million a year for naming rights.

The City of Industry is a steaming dump.

SAUTO
07-24-2013, 10:00 PM

I think I do. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Roski's deal will never get approved. No one will drive to the City of Industry.

The only place that makes sense is the AEG complex next to Staples. There's a subway stop, tons of young people living downtown within walking distance, easy freeway access and lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Farmer's is already locked in for $20 million a year for naming rights.

The City of Industry is a steaming dump.

Indeed. What a SHIT-HOLE:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.tripalertz.com/img/deals/467_6029.jpg

Mojo Jojo
07-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Well they go to a year to year less in '14 or '15...St. Louis will need to get its act together soon. Could be the Jags, but the new owner just put a bunch of his money for stadium improvements in Jax.

ChiefsCountry
07-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I think I do. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Interesting. The Benton County connections coming through.:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Indeed. What a SHIT-HOLE:

Do you realize that the City of Industry is 33 miles from Hollywood? Do you know how long that would take to travel on a typical Sunday morning, driving through downtown, let alone someone driving from Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Pac Palisades or Malibu?

You're talking 90 minutes to two hours. Hardly anyone that will be able to afford a ticket will drive for two freaking hours to City of Industry.

I'd rather catch the Amtrack, take a cooler of beer and go watch the Chargers.

Brock
07-24-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't know how anybody gets anywhere over there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Do you realize that the City of Industry is 33 miles from Hollywood? Do you know how long that would take to travel on a typical Sunday morning, driving through downtown, let alone someone driving from Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Pac Palisades or Malibu?

You're talking 90 minutes to two hours. Hardly anyone that will be able to afford a ticket will drive for two freaking hours to City of Industry.

I see your point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-24-2013, 10:16 PM

I honestly can not imagine a fate worse than living in the general Los Angeles area.

Ming the Merciless
07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Someone call Blackm0n and tell him the woonderful news

The Los Angeles Jags

Hmm what rhymes with jags

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 10:30 PM
I honestly can not imagine a fate worse than living in the general Los Angeles area.

Yeah, my life is awful.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 10:31 PM

I work from home.

:D

Mojo Rising
07-24-2013, 10:32 PM

My guess is that the Hollywood, Malibu crowd isn't the target market for NFL teams. The City of Industry location is more centrally located to pull from Orange County and other LA suburbs.

If there were court-side tickets where they could get some camera time like Laker, soon to be Clipper games then yes. Otherwise, they will occupy a portion of the suites and club level and that is it.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 10:37 PM
My guess is that the Hollywood, Malibu crowd isn't the target market for NFL teams. The City of Industry location is more centrally located to pull from Orange County and other LA suburbs.

If there were court-side tickets where they could get some camera time like Laker, soon to be Clipper games then yes. Otherwise, they will occupy a portion of the suites and club level and that is it.

It'll never happen in City of Industry. Ed Roski's been trying for years and years and nothing has changed.

Had Philip Anschutz not gotten all crazy last year, the deal was done. But he went nuts, decided to sell AEG, then decided NOT to sell AEG and instead, fired Tim Leiweke, the guy that made everything happen at Staples, L.A. Live, the Galaxy, etc.

At that point, the NFL owners took a pause. But if it's going to happen, it'll happen in DTLA. Or it won't happen at all.

Rasputin
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
If it was built on the east side they could be the L.A. Low Riders.

Mojo Rising
07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't think either location is going to work because of the finances. The NFL and the developer (Roski or AEG) want to take all of the increase in the value that the team will realize upon moving.

Let's say the Chargers are worth $800m in SD. If they move to LA their value goes up to $1.5b. The NFL wants a $500m relocation fee and the developer wants to buy in at a discount of $200m. At the end of the day Spanos owns a $800m portion of the Chargers.

Spanos is saying I will keep my $800m equity level in the Chargers. Sooner or later the city will combine a convention center with a new football stadium that the taxpayers will pay for and his equity rises to $1.1b and complete control of the team. SD is a corrupt city.

Oakland is a target. They would be smart to lease the Niners new stadium. Oakland can't afford the new stadiums to keep the Warriors from moving to SF, The A's to SJ (MLB should approve that move tomorrow for the best of baseball) and the Raiders to LA or Santa Clara.

The Rams are playing hardball with St Louie. They are a hockey baseball town that has to improve their stadium to keep the Rams. The Rams just won a big court case that keeps that improvement in tact.

LA is a great bargaining chip to make other cities pay up. I hope the Rams and the Chargers move to the City of Industry. I don't think it will happen until the NFL drops the relo fee.

TinyEvel
07-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Dane is right. City of Industry is too far East. The Staples Center/ LA Live area is where it's at these days. It is a bit harsh to drive into as you get close, but it is the best locale right now.

in 1999 our ad agency helped Eli Broad bid for a franchise and his plan was to build a stadium about 8 mile sSouth of LAX where the Home Depot Soccer Center is. I think that is still the best location.

But what do I care? I will be a resident of Marin County in three weeks PBJ

(ohwait, I will be driving 90 minutes to the new 49ers stadium in San Jose.)

TinyEvel
07-24-2013, 11:01 PM
If the Raiders move back to LA, they might as well just cordon off the city and bring Snake Pliskin in there.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Dane is right. City of Industry is too far East. The Staples Center/ LA Live area is where it's at these days. It is a bit harsh to drive into as you get close, but it is the best locale right now.

in 1999 our ad agency helped Eli Broad bid for a franchise and his plan was to build a stadium about 8 mile sSouth of LAX where the Home Depot Soccer Center is. I think that is still the best location.

But what do I care? I will be a resident of Marin County in three weeks PBJ

(ohwait, I will be driving 90 minutes to the new 49ers stadium in San Jose.)

:thumb:

Rasputin
Doesn't matter Roger Goodell is going have it as our first NFFL team. National Flag Football team. The O-line will still block but the linebackers have to count to 5 before they blitz the quarterback and can only waive their hands in the air to swat the ball down.

DaneMcCloud
If the Raiders move back to LA, they might as well just cordon off the city and bring Snake Pliskin in there.

Roger Goodell has stated publicly that the Raiders won't be allowed to move to Los Angeles while Mark Davis is the owner.

Whew!

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 11:08 PM
I don't think either location is going to work because of the finances. The NFL and the developer (Roski or AEG) want to take all of the increase in the value that the team will realize upon moving.

Let's say the Chargers are worth $800m in SD. If they move to LA their value goes up to $1.5b. The NFL wants a $500m relocation fee and the developer wants to buy in at a discount of $200m. At the end of the day Spanos owns a $800m portion of the Chargers.

Spanos is saying I will keep my $800m equity level in the Chargers. Sooner or later the city will combine a convention center with a new football stadium that the taxpayers will pay for and his equity rises to $1.1b and complete control of the team. SD is a corrupt city.

Oakland is a target. They would be smart to lease the Niners new stadium. Oakland can't afford the new stadiums to keep the Warriors from moving to SF, The A's to SJ (MLB should approve that move tomorrow for the best of baseball) and the Raiders to LA or Santa Clara.

The Rams are playing hardball with St Louie. They are a hockey baseball town that has to improve their stadium to keep the Rams. The Rams just won a big court case that keeps that improvement in tact.

LA is a great bargaining chip to make other cities pay up. I hope the Rams and the Chargers move to the City of Industry. I don't think it will happen until the NFL drops the relo fee.

First off, the AEG deal required that any team moving to Los Angeles would require giving up 51% of the ownership. Guys like Anschutz don't give a crap about the relocation fee.

Secondly, no NFL will ever be in the City of Industry. Period, end of story.

Downtown LA is happening, big time. There's more than $30 billion in redevelopment happening as I type and another $25 billion in Hollywood. Tourists, rival fans, etc. can stay at the W Hotel in Hollywood, take the subway, which is located directly below the W, and be at the NFL stadium in less than 15 minutes.

Furthermore, rival fans can fly into Burbank or LAX, enjoy the beach, Hollywood, etc. AND catch an NFL game. That won't happen with a stadium in City of Industry because people don't want to spend 2-3 hours commuting to and from the beach, airport, etc. Even if they flew into Ontario or Pomona, it would be a gigantic pain in the ass to go anywhere but the San Gabriel Valley, in which there's nothing to do.

Roski's been begging for years, the NFL has said "No, thanks". That isn't going to change.

Mojo Rising
07-24-2013, 11:29 PM
First off, the AEG deal required that any team moving to Los Angeles would require giving up 51% of the ownership. Guys like Anschutz don't give a crap about the relocation fee.

Secondly, no NFL will ever be in the City of Industry. Period, end of story.

Downtown LA is happening, big time. There's more than $30 billion in redevelopment happening as I type and another $25 billion in Hollywood. Tourists, rival fans, etc. can stay at the W Hotel in Hollywood, take the subway, which is located directly below the W, and be at the NFL stadium in less than 15 minutes.

Furthermore, rival fans can fly into Burbank or LAX, enjoy the beach, Hollywood, etc. AND catch an NFL game. That won't happen with a stadium in City of Industry because people don't want to spend 2-3 hours commuting to and from the beach, airport, etc. Even if they flew into Ontario or Pomona, it would be a gigantic pain in the ass to go anywhere but the San Gabriel Valley, in which there's nothing to do.

Roski's been begging for years, the NFL has said "No, thanks". That isn't going to change.

The AEG and Roski plan were both for a minority stake, 30%, purchased at a discount. Not a majority stake. Please post a link if you have data showing other.

As far as basing a business plan on attracting visiting teams fans? Not even smart in LA. Isn't working in SD. City of Industry is centrally located in a car metropolis. I don't think you could fill a stadium in So Cal with the amount of citizens who are walking distance to a subway.

Plus, the AEG plan gives the football stadium a sliver of land the buts against the Interstate (can't move that.) Tailgating in a parking garage? Langers will be busy.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2013, 11:37 PM
The AEG and Roski plan were both for a minority stake, 30%, purchased at a discount. Not a majority stake. Please post a link if you have data showing other.

One of my best friends works for AEG. You're flat out wrong.

As far as basing a business plan on attracting visiting teams fans? Not even smart in LA. Isn't working in SD. City of Industry is centrally located in a car metropolis. I don't think you could fill a stadium in So Cal with the amount of citizens who are walking distance to a subway.

You put at team 50 miles from the "money", i.e. Pac Palisades, Malibu, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach or even 35 miles from the Hollywood Hills, and you can expect those people to stay away.

With ticket prices as they are, why in the fucking world would you believe that a city in North San Gabriel Valley could support an NFL team?

You might as well put an NFL team in Manhattan, Kansas and call it the Kansas City whatevers.

Not working. Ain't gonna happen.

Plus, the AEG plan gives the football stadium a sliver of land the buts against the Interstate (can't move that.) Tailgating in a parking garage? Langers will be busy.

You're talking out of your ass. The plan was demolish one side of the L.A. Convention Center, build a stadium with parking, then rebuild the entire convention center (which needs to be done, anyway).

Furthermore, there's a dome for this stadium (and $20 million per year in naming rights sold to Farmer's Insurance) to host Final Four's, World Cup Soccer, the eventual return of the Olympics, etc.

That will NOT happen 35 miles from downtown LA. You might as well build it in Utah.

AussieChiefsFan
07-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Goodbye Oakland.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Goodbye Oakland.

Yeah, the Raiders want a new $800 million dollar stadium but they won't be moving to SoCal.

Roger Goodell has spoken.

Mojo Rising
07-25-2013, 12:10 AM
One of my best friends works for AEG. You're flat out wrong.

You put at team 50 miles from the "money", i.e. Pac Palisades, Malibu, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach or even 35 miles from the Hollywood Hills, and you can expect those people to stay away.

With ticket prices as they are, why in the ****ing world would you believe that a city in North San Gabriel Valley could support an NFL team?

You might as well put an NFL team in Manhattan, Kansas and call it the Kansas City whatevers.

Not working. Ain't gonna happen.

You're talking out of your ass. The plan was demolish one side of the L.A. Convention Center, build a stadium with parking, then rebuild the entire convention center (which needs to be done, anyway).

Furthermore, there's a dome for this stadium (and $20 million per year in naming rights sold to Farmer's Insurance) to host Final Four's, World Cup Soccer, the eventual return of the Olympics, etc.

That will NOT happen 35 miles from downtown LA. You might as well build it in Utah.

Sam Farmer from the LA Times disagrees with your friend. This was the 1st google article link that I found on the matter. Isray states that selling a minority stake at a discount is bad.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/11/sports/la-sp-farmer-nfl-20111012-17

As far as comparing Southern California outside of Hollywood to Manhattan KS? Outside of the $? Population #'s? There is more NFL targeted $ within a drivable distance to City of Industry.

The Staples site is a sliver of land between 2 freeways. Post a map to prove otherwise.

BTW, your mention of the proximity of beaches doesn't make sense when the beach is the biggest competition for attendance.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Sam Farmer from the LA Times disagrees with your friend. This was the 1st google article link that I found on the matter. Isray states that selling a minority stake at a discount is bad.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/11/sports/la-sp-farmer-nfl-20111012-17

As far as comparing Southern California outside of Hollywood to Manhattan KS? Outside of the $? Population #'s? There is more NFL targeted $ within a drivable distance to City of Industry.

The Staples site is a sliver of land between 2 freeways. Post a map to prove otherwise.

BTW, your mention of the proximity of beaches doesn't make sense when the beach is the biggest competition for attendance.

I'm tired of this. You're fucking clueless if you think the NFL would put a team in north San Gabriel Valley. And if they WANTED to do so, they would have done it years ago.

Furthermore, that article was from late 2011. In case you hadn't noticed, this is 2013 and the deal has changed significantly.

Mojo Rising
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I notice that when you discuss things and facts are presented you try to turn up the volume on your rhetoric and you think that will win the point. As I mentioned, that was the 1st article I found on Google. I asked you to provide a link that states otherwise. Fail

The article was from 2011 when Liewicke worked for AEG. He was the proponent of the NFL in LA for AEG and was since fired.

Are you suggesting that while mired in the Michael Jackson lawsuit, Anschutz, who you earlier stated went crazy, decided to demand that NFL owners have to give up majority control for a product he didn't even want? One that many insiders say cost Liewicke his job?

I am sorry that you get tired of a thread where you are repeatedly asked for back-up, further than, my friend works for, or you are talking out of... and cant provide it.

There is plenty of money outside of the Hollywood Hills, which has few people who would go to an NFL game on a bi weekly basis.

I stay at the W in Hollywood when I go to concerts at the Greek and the Bowl and the W crowd is not going to be there on Sunday afternoons at 1 pm.

TinyEvel
07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Mojo rising I'm not sure where you're from but Dane and I are LA guys. The parking lot situation out here isn't a concern whatsoever. The majority of locals attending will be either, a) rich people entertaining guests/clients, basically your club level people at Arrowhead. They don't tailgate. Or b) poorer "true fans" who will take public transportation or park in one of the 50 satellite lots nearby like they do for Lakers games and drink in the sidewalk or in a local bar or at the stadium. We don't tailgate here.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 12:52 AM
I notice that when you discuss things and facts are presented you try to turn up the volume on your rhetoric and you think that will win the point. As I mentioned, that was the 1st article I found on Google. I asked you to provide a link that states otherwise. Fail

This is laughable. You're using a nearly two year old article as proof that Philip Anschutz is willing to spend a more than a billion dollars for an NFL team that he won't own a majority percentage.

Seriously, that's just dumb on your part.

Furthermore, I've provided this forum with insight and spoilers on a variety of subjects involving Los Angeles and Hollywood in particular for more than a decade.

The mere idea that I should provide "links" to conversations that I've had with the principles involved is ludicrous.

CrazyPhuD
07-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Mojo rising I'm not sure where you're from but Dane and I are LA guys. The parking lot situation out here isn't a concern whatsoever. The majority of locals attending will be either, a) rich people entertaining guests/clients, basically your club level people at Arrowhead. They don't tailgate. Or b) poorer "true fans" who will take public transportation or park in one of the 50 satellite lots nearby like they do for Lakers games and drink in the sidewalk or in a local bar or at the stadium. We don't tailgate here.

Plus let's be honest most people in CA wouldn't know good BBQ if it was sucking their dick. Besides who would tailgate with wine?????:cuss:

CrazyPhuD
07-25-2013, 12:57 AM
But I do wonder if the Tailgate situation with LA might be somewhat similar to the tailgate situation in OAK? Ironically a good fraction of the people who tailgate at raiders games don't actually have tickets to the game. LOL they just come to tailgate...:shrug:

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Plus let's be honest most people in CA wouldn't know good BBQ if it was sucking their dick. Besides who would tailgate with wine?????:cuss:

Good point.

The majority of the "tailgating" will occur in the luxury suites.

CrazyPhuD
07-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Hell if they wanted to they could just build the stadium and get a Liga MX team in there. Why wait for the NFL it's come in it's own time...

TinyEvel
07-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Good point.

The majority of the "tailgating" will occur in the luxury suites.

Actually, the majority of tailgating will be done on the 5, 10 and 110 freeways.

#seewhatididthere? #hashtagsonCP #LiteralTailgating #stillfunny

Mojo Rising
07-25-2013, 01:01 AM

Tiny, I live in Orange County. Close to I5. There are many rich guys near here who could afford Season Tickets. ST's are what makes a team survive.

The dynamics of Staples with 10k lower bowl seats for a Lakers game is much different than needing to sell 70k for 10 weeks a year.

My neighbor just dropped his Laker ST's because he didn't think he could sell the 20 games at break even or near profit to justify the 20 games he would attend. Different dynamic.

Take an area like SF for example. The NFL team has recently left an urban environment for a suburban environment.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Actually, the majority of tailgating will be done on the 5, 10 and 110 freeways.

Huzzah!

CrazyPhuD
07-25-2013, 01:04 AM

ROFL...I was going to make the same joke....just build the stadium near a freeway and have people tailgate on the highway...no one in LA would know the difference! Turn the highway into a parking lot for a few hours. Would LA really notice?????

CrazyPhuD
07-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Tiny, I live in Orange County. Close to I5. There are many rich guys near here who could afford Season Tickets. ST's are what makes a team survive.

The dynamics of Staples with 10k lower bowl seats for a Lakers game is much different than needing to sell 70k for 10 weeks a year.

My neighbor just dropped his Laker ST's because he didn't think he could sell the 20 games at break even or near profit to justify the 20 games he would attend. Different dynamic.

Take an area like SF for example. The NFL team has recently left an urban environment for a suburban environment.

The 49ers situation is a bit of a special environment. They desperately needed a new stadium and the city is about as anti-development as any city could be. No way were they really going to let a huge NFL stadium be built where it should(i.e. downtown or on the waterfront ala the Giants). They sort of tried saying to remodel candlestick, but candlestick's location sucks ass. It's effectively in the suburbs without being in the suburbs.

Hence why they are soon to be the Santa Clara 49ers.

Mojo Rising
07-25-2013, 01:12 AM
This is laughable. You're using a nearly two year old article as proof that Philip Anschutz is willing to spend a more than a billion dollars for an NFL team that he won't own a majority percentage.

Seriously, that's just dumb on your part.

Furthermore, I've provided this forum with insight and spoilers on a variety of subjects involving Los Angeles and Hollywood in particular for more than a decade.

The mere idea that I should provide "links" to conversations that I've had with the principles involved is ludicrous.

So I am laughable and dumb while providing links and you are somehow made as far as providing reliable data?

As I stated, the proponent for AEG has been fired. Show me something different.

My friend said Hugh Douglas was going to be a Chief, Best Buy just sold a stereo to....

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 01:12 AM
So I am laughable and dumb while providing links and you are somehow made as far as providing reliable data?

As I stated, the proponent for AEG has been fired. Show me something different.

My friend said Hugh Douglas was going to be a Chief, Best Buy just sold a stereo to....

:facepalm:

Mojo Rising
07-25-2013, 01:22 AM
The 49ers situation is a bit of a special environment. They desperately needed a new stadium and the city is about as anti-development as any city could be. No way were they really going to let a huge NFL stadium be built where it should(i.e. downtown or on the waterfront ala the Giants). They sort of tried saying to remodel candlestick, but candlestick's location sucks ass. It's effectively in the suburbs without being in the suburbs.

Hence why they are soon to be the S anta Clara 49ers.

I met Carmen Policy at a bar on Polk St in '97. He bought me a beer, his gal had me write my address on a bar nap and he sent me the coolest letter the next day. Class act.

He was campaigning for a stadium back then. Didn't work out due to Eddie's legal problems. The York's never liked SF.

A stadium funded by Lennar if they were allowed to gentrify Hunters Point was in the works. The Yorks nixed it. More money in the South Bay.

Shout out to Glen Park!!! I moved to OC from there a few years ago. Lived there 10 years.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-25-2013, 01:38 AM
I haven't really read the thread and for that I apologize but I've heard Davis prefers to stay in Oakland but with the town in debt the taxpayers won't be able to afford it? Also, if they were to be able to build one it would be the smallest in the league at like 56,000 max capacity, which is the equivalent to a billionaire buying a KIA and showing it off like it's a Lamborghini. A move that could be made is the Raiders could share the new stadium with SF but both clubs aren't too fond of that. I've heard the three finalists are likely the Chargers, Raiders and Jags? Also, the Raider situation sounds terrible. Where the hell will they end up? Sorry I'm lazy right now lol. Love you Dane ;)

Chiefs Pantalones
07-25-2013, 01:44 AM
The Warriors and A's are leaving too?

Mojo Rising
07-25-2013, 01:56 AM
The Warriors are moving to SF. A's want to move to SJ so they can sell Suites to Cisco Intel, etc. MLB granted to the SJ market to the Giants (who have less WS wins than the Dodgers since moving to Cali) when they were about to be moved to TB in the 80's.

Again. It is about leverage. Atlanta, St Louis, SD, Oakland all need to build new stadiums.

BryanBusby
07-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Doesn't matter Roger Goodell is going have it as our first NFFL team. National Flag Football team. The O-line will still block but the linebackers have to count to 5 before they blitz the quarterback and can only waive their hands in the air to swat the ball down.

Ya brah, just put em in skirts ;)

I WANT MY FAVORITE PLAYERS TO BE EATING THROUGH A TUBE BY 40!

R8RFAN
07-25-2013, 07:25 AM

Funniest thing you ever posted :thumb:

luv
07-25-2013, 07:28 AM

Hey man, if you bring it to a tailgate in KC, chances are it will get drank at some point. :D

L.A. Chieffan
07-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Fuck it, I don't want a team anyways

Ugly Duck
07-25-2013, 07:57 AM
AEG founder Phil Anschutz is talking to Mark Davis about buying the Raiders. If he is successful, he'll move the team to LA. But he's lowballing Davis who don't wanna sell.

GloucesterChief
07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
So, LA is looking to get what will be the 4th team that will eventually move away from LA?

Aries Walker
07-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Well, sort of the third, sort of the fourth, depending on how you count. They'll be the Grover Cleveland of city abandonments.

SDChiefs
07-25-2013, 10:04 AM

Lol you're clueless.

Chief_For_Life58
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Lol you're clueless.

phils is shit

MahiMike
07-25-2013, 11:01 AM
The Los Angeles Jaguars

No way. Jags are going to London. If it was ever a question before, it was sealed when their owner also purchased a soccer team in London.

Just sound right too. The London Jaguars.

sd4chiefs
07-25-2013, 11:41 AM

San Diego is not any closer to getting a new stadium built than they were 10 years ago. There is no talk about a new stadium and there is no way that the taxpayers here will approve a new stadium. San Diego is to busy dealing with their crazy psycho mayor right now. The Chargers are doomed to playing in that Sh*thole call Qualcomm until it falls down.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Anschutz owning the Raiders would be the best thing to ever happen to that franchise.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Anschutz owning the Raiders would be the best thing to ever happen to that franchise.

That rumor is more than a year old and Mark Davis said he's not interested in selling.

I'll see what I can dig up this weekend because I'm having dinner with said AEG employee Saturday night. He may or may not be forthcoming about any new info but if there's anything I can share, I will.

Aries Walker
07-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Even if they move to LA, I will still hate the Raiders.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-25-2013, 02:20 PM
That rumor is more than a year old and Mark Davis said he's not interested in selling.

I'll see what I can dig up this weekend because I'm having dinner with said AEG employee Saturday night. He may or may not be forthcoming about any new info but if there's anything I can share, I will.

What do you think happens to the Raiders, Dane?

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:26 PM

I have no idea. They want a new $800 million dollar facility in Oakland but the city doesn't have that kind of money. The Oakland Coliseum is a complete dump. There was talk of the 49ers sharing their new stadium with the Raiders but that's died down recently.

The A's have been trying to move to San Jose for years. That city is building a state of the art baseball stadium for them but either the Giants have to rescind their rights to SJ, or 23 of the 30 owners must approve the move.

All I know is that Oakland is no longer capable of supporting a major league franchise of any kind. That city is a mess.

Ugly Duck
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm having dinner with said AEG employee Saturday night.

Somehow... I feel more important now just knowing Dane....

TEX
07-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Rams? Raiders? Chargers? Saints? Jags? Lions? Titans?

BWillie
07-25-2013, 06:02 PM
I hate Los Angeles, I really do, but it is an absolute travesty there is no NFL team there.

L.A. Chieffan
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I hate Los Angeles, I really do, but it is an absolute travesty there is no NFL team there.

Not really

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Not really

This.

Lakers, Clippers, Kings and Dodgers, not to mention the Angels, Ducks and Galaxy.

There's plenty to do, sports-wise, without an NFL team. But I'd take it if they set up shop downtown.

Otherwise, meh.

SAUTO
07-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Rams
Posted via Mobile Device

GordonGekko
07-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Rams
Posted via Mobile Device

Move the Rams back to LA.

Take the Cardinals name and give it back to St. Louis and give them a new team. Arizona Cardinals just makes no sense, but then again the Detroit Lions doesn't either but whatever.

Name Arizona's team after a snake or something.

Gravedigger
07-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Why would they choose to name their football teams and baseball teams the same names in Arizona and St. Louis?

Psyko Tek
07-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Jaguars would be the logical choice, but the team that makes the most sense would be the Raiders. If they would sell the team, you are looking at a Dallas Cowboys type money making machine if they would move back to LA. Chargers are #3 and most likely IMO to move though.

BS
LA will only support winning teams
love to see the cowboys move there
they are ready made for hollywood,
getting by on past success,
and just mailing it in now

BryanBusby
07-26-2013, 04:42 AM

London Raiders

"Just win, mate"

Bootlegged
07-26-2013, 04:54 AM
I had dinner with Jason Biggs, Brooklyn Decker, Carrot Top and Jessica Alba last night. It was wild. We talked football all night until the martini's kicked in. Then back to the mansion..

CrazyPhuD
07-26-2013, 07:21 PM

Bah there are plenty of Futbol teams in LA.

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Take it for what it's worth but this is what I was told tonight:

Everything has been approved by the city and AEG has a green light to build the stadium, renovate the LA Convention Center and so on. The NFL LOVES the plan. Anschutz backed off his demand of 51% ownership to 49% and has offered to purchase the Chargers on several occasions. Each time, the Spanos family has rejected the pursuit.

Surprisingly, the firing of Leiweke was meant to hasten a deal for another NFL team, not put up a blockade. I didn't get the particulars but apparently Anschutz felt like Leiweke was the reason it wasn't happening and fired him.

Also, according to my friend, the NFL has no interest whatsoever in the City of Industry. It's all about DTLA, AEG and finding an owner that's willing to give up 49%, at minimum, in the team itself.

And *maybe* (wink, wink) Jerry Jones' recent comments were alluding to the fact that they've found a team willing to do so.

And once again, please take it FWIW. Rumors are always rumors until proven as fact.

AussieChiefsFan
07-28-2013, 03:30 AM
Even if they move to LA, I will still hate the Raiders.Well yeah, they'd still be in our division.

CrazyPhuD
07-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Take it for what it's worth but this is what I was told tonight:

Everything has been approved by the city and AEG has a green light to build the stadium, renovate the LA Convention Center and so on. The NFL LOVES the plan. Anschutz backed off his demand of 51% ownership to 49% and has offered to purchase the Chargers on several occasions. Each time, the Spanos family has rejected the pursuit.

Surprisingly, the firing of Leiweke was meant to hasten a deal for another NFL team, not put up a blockade. I didn't get the particulars but apparently Anschutz felt like Leiweke was the reason it wasn't happening and fired him.

Also, according to my friend, the NFL has no interest whatsoever in the City of Industry. It's all about DTLA, AEG and finding an owner that's willing to give up 49%, at minimum, in the team itself.

And *maybe* (wink, wink) Jerry Jones' recent comments were alluding to the fact that they've found a team willing to do so.

And once again, please take it FWIW. Rumors are always rumors until proven as fact.

WOOO WOOO let's go LA Cowboys!!! :D
(I kid I kid....or I wish...I wish....)
But really downtown stadiums are the only option these days, cores are being revitalized and it's where things happen now. To some degree it's reverse suburban flight....

Discuss Thrower
07-28-2013, 06:49 AM
My god it would be a glorious day if the Cowboys moved to LA. I would straight up ejaculate in my skivvies from the schadenfreude alone.

Ace Gunner
07-28-2013, 07:03 AM
cowboys to LA? ROFL drugs. bad.

BigRedChief
07-28-2013, 07:11 AM
My god it would be a glorious day if the Cowboys moved to LA. I would straight up ejaculate in my skivvies from the schadenfreude alone.Huh? Why would the cowboys move from their BILLION$ stadium their owner paid for?

It's obviously going to be the Chargers.

Brock
07-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Huh? Why would the cowboys move from their BILLION$ stadium their owner paid for?

It's obviously going to be the Chargers.

No, it isn't obviously going to be the chargers.

SAUTO
07-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Rams. But not for 49 percent
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz
07-28-2013, 09:06 AM
I think Detroit might be willing to sell their stadium. For cheap!

Mojo Jojo
07-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Over the past week or so I've been setting up meetings/visits to some of the teams I work with and related clients. The LA rumors have come up a couple of times as they do effect one of the teams I work with and another I have worked with. Seems the thought amongst marketing types on the team level are the most likely are the Rams and Chargers. The ownership demand has been the biggest hangup with both teams. St. Louis doesn't seem to want to work with the Rams on stadium issues and become free agents. The NFL is tired of San Diego and those stadium issues...they have been frozen out of getting Super Bowls, and the NFL would love to have them back in SoCal.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Where are the Raiders gonna end up? There's no way they approve a new stadium in the shit hole Oakland. They're gonna be without a home lol.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Where are the Raiders gonna end up? There's no way they approve a new stadium in the shit hole Oakland. They're gonna be without a home lol.

Behind Denny's picking through garbage if we're lucky.

GloryDayz
07-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Fuck both L.A. and Oakland... Different kinds of shit holes, but shit holes but shit holes nonetheless...

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Fuck both L.A. and Oakland... Different kinds of shit holes, but shit holes but shit holes nonetheless...

I don't think you understand the meaning of that word

gblowfish
07-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Welcoming YOUR Los Angeles Rams in 2015!

GloryDayz
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM

I used the Googler... Plus, having lived in Napa I had the displeasure to driving through Oakland plenty, L.A. not so much. Neither is the worst in the world, but they're shit holes for sure, and the bulk of the people make them even worse....

ghak99
07-28-2013, 08:27 PM

You provoked me to go see what the old urban dictionary had to say.

1. shit-hole
Lawrence Kansas is a college town, home to the University of Kansas swallowcocks where a large amount of douche bags reside. It's also known throughout the US as a shit-hole.

I would never live in Lawrence KS, it's a total shit-hole.

lawrence (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lawrence) kansas (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kansas) jayhawks (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jayhawks) douche-bags (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douche-bags) pillowbiters (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pillowbiters)
by musicboss (http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=musicboss) Nov 30, 2011 add a video (http://www.urbandictionary.com/video.php?word=shit-hole&defid=6246684) add to a list (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shit-hole#)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shit-hole

ROFL ROFL ROFL

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I used the Googler... Plus, having lived in Napa I had the displeasure to driving through Oakland plenty, L.A. not so much. Neither is the worst in the world, but they're shit holes for sure, and the bulk of the people make them even worse....

Oakland is indeed a nasty, dirty, poor city. They can no longer support a major sports franchise.

But Los Angeles? Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, Silverlake, Los Feliz, Hancock Park, Pasadena, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Beverly Wood and even DTLA are all far from being "shit holes".

Not to mention Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Agoura Hills, Encino, Studio City, Burbank, Eagle Rock or Sherman Oaks

ClevelandBronco
07-28-2013, 08:33 PM
"Denver is a shithole" 4,870 results
"Kansas City is a shithole" 24,900 results
"Los Angeles is a shithole" 25,700 results
"Afghanistan is a shithole" 46,300 results
"Detroit is a shithole" 105,000 results
"Oakland is a shithole" 119,000 results

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 08:34 PM
"Denver is a shithole" 4,870 results
"Kansas City is a shithole" 24,900 results
"Los Angeles is a shithole" 25,700 results
"Afghanistan is a shithole" 46,300 results
"Detroit is a shithole" 105,000 results
"Oakland is a shithole" 119,000 results

Nice!

GloryDayz
07-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Oakland is indeed a nasty, dirty, poor city. They can no longer support a major sports franchise.

But Los Angeles? Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, Silverlake, Los Feliz, Hancock Park, Pasadena, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Beverly Wood and even DTLA are all far from being "shit holes".

Not to mention Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Agoura Hills, Encino, Studio City, Burbank, Eagle Rock or Sherman Oaks

Yeah, the people make it the shit hole in the case of L.A.. All that great weather and it attracted assholes like bees to honey. Lots of rich people....not sure that's a good thing.

As for a football team, if it were to happen again, the people will kill it (again). I'm not sure an NFL owner is willing to be the owner of the equivalent of the NFL's L.A. Clippers.

But that's just me, it's not a town that's loyal to many things, and football just might not work very well there.

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, the people make it the shit hole in the case of L.A.. All that great weather and it attracted assholes like bees to honey. Lots of rich people....not sure that's a good thing.

As for a football team, if it were to happen again, the people will kill it (again). I'm not sure an NFL owner is willing to be the owner of the equivalent of the NFL's L.A. Clippers.

But that's just me, it's not a town that's loyal to many things, and football just might not work very well there.

The city and the economics of the city have changed immensely during the Raiders brief stay. The Staples center does amazing business and AEG owns the Kings, so it unlikely we'd see a Donald Sterling type effort. Magic and his pals spent more than $2 billion on the Dodgers and they are loved in this town as much as the Lakers (if not more).

The NFL will succeed because AEG will put a continual winner on the field. And, the stadium will be amazing.

GloryDayz
07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
The city and the economics of the city have changed immensely during the Raiders brief stay. The Staples center does amazing business and AEG owns the Kings, so it unlikely we'd see a Donald Sterling type effort. Magic and his pals spent more than $2 billion on the Dodgers and they are loved in this town as much as the Lakers (if not more).

The NFL will succeed because AEG will put a continual winner on the field. And, the stadium will be amazing.

Let's hope the Raiders move then. The thugs would need to travel a lot more often (like the do to San Diego) to play tough for a day...

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Let's hope the Raiders move then. The thugs would need to travel a lot more often (like the do to San Diego) to play tough for a day...

Supposedly, Roger Goodell has said that the Raiders won't be allowed to move to SoCal as long as Mark Davis is the owner.

The biggest problem with the Raiders is exactly what you stated: No one wants the problems associated with their fans. Otherwise, a city like San Jose would be all over them, like they are the A's.

But who wants to deal with that mess of a fan base?

Coach
07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Supposedly, Roger Goodell has said that the Raiders won't be allowed to move to SoCal as long as Mark Davis is the owner.

The biggest problem with the Raiders is exactly what you stated: No one wants the problems associated with their fans. Otherwise, a city like San Jose would be all over them, like they are the A's.

But who wants to deal with that mess of a fan base?

Sounds like the Chargers might make the most sense.

The Rams is also another possibility?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Sounds like the Chargers might make the most sense.

The Rams is also another possibility?

I would be cool with the Rams moving back. One of my co-workers is a Rams fan from the old days and he HATES that they are in Mo.

And we don't want them in Mo. anyways.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Well if not Oakland or LA, then where will the Raiders end up?

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2013, 09:58 PM

Santa Clara, with the 49ers, is the other possibility.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 09:58 PM

I'm thinking Ukia might be good for those boys.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2013, 09:59 PM

There's no way they share a stadium, is there?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 09:59 PM

ROFL I was going to say Santa Cruz, but I figured the townsfolk would fight that shit tooth and nail.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 10:00 PM
There's no way they share a stadium, is there?

Sweet, merciful Tebow that would be tits!

Chiefs Pantalones
07-28-2013, 10:05 PM
ROFL I was going to say Santa Cruz, but I figured the townsfolk would fight that shit tooth and nail.

Lol I just couldn't see it. It'd be like Gotham before Batman cleaned it up.

bigjosh
07-28-2013, 10:08 PM

I think most of them live in lompoc during the offseason.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/cm/townandcountry/images/M7/09-TCX-lompoc-prison-1111-xl.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 10:11 PM
ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm thinking Riverside would be the PERFECT home for those idiots. Or Los Gatos.

PERFECT.

Coach
07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Nah.

Alcatraz.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2013, 02:49 PM
South Dakota Raiders? Maine Raiders? Little Rock Raiders? Indiana Raiders? Waterloo Raiders? Hmm

07-29-2013, 04:22 PM
South Dakota Raiders? Maine Raiders? Little Rock Raiders? Indiana Raiders? Waterloo Raiders? Hmm

Death Valley Raiders

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Death Valley Raiders

Oregon Raiders?

GloryDayz
07-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Death Valley Raiders

Low Ridin Raiders....

CrazyPhuD
07-29-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking Riverside would be the PERFECT home for those idiots. Or Los Gatos.

PERFECT.

Nah man, Washington D.C. Raiders!

Chaunceythe3rd
07-29-2013, 07:28 PM

This. The American way.

Chaunceythe3rd
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM
The real story, which many people don't know, is the Irsay, Sr owned the Rams and swapped them for the Colts in 1972. The new Rams owner, Carol Rosenbloom, married a stripper named Georgia Frontiere, who likely murdered him years later.

She moved the team to Anaheim because they offered her a sweetheart deal. After she ran the team into the ground during the late 90's, mostly due to incredible mismanagement of the front office in the aftermath of the Dickerson trade.

St. Louis came calling because they screwed up their ownership group during the last league expansion phase (which went to Jacksonville), gave her a sweetheart deal and now, they're looking to opt out again.

Blame the organization, not the city.

A thoughtful, incisive and well-reasoned reply.

houstonwhodat
07-29-2013, 07:58 PM
LA Chiefs?

ChiefsCountry
07-30-2013, 01:57 PM
If you know the back story on how the Rams moved to St. Louis, it is a lot of moving parts that affected a few other franchises as well.

Before Bidwell moved the Cardinals in 1987, you have to go back to 1984 in Boston. The Sullivan family, one of the original AFL owners, decided to get into the concert promotion business. Their son decided to promote the Jackson 5 World Tour in 1984 aka the Victory Tour. This ironically kicked off in Kansas City because of the Sullivan family’s respect for Lamar Hunt. What happened is the tour actually bankrupted the Sullivan family, while they owned a NFL team they were not very wealthy. They did have two separate assets in the Patriots and Foxboro Stadium. In 1988, they sold the Pats to Victor Kiam and Robert Kraft bought Foxboro Stadium. Well Kiam ran into major debt and into picture steps James Orthwein. Orthwein, from St. Louis owned a major ad agency and a cousin to the Busch family. First he was an investor then in 1992 purchased the Patriots out right.

Of course at the same time was the NFL Expansion of 1993. St. Louis was in the running with Charlotte, Baltimore, Memphis and Jacksonville. We know the Panthers were the first vote and St. Louis was supposed to get the second team but the ownership situation was with two groups. The first and main group was with Jerry Lincoln, a big Budweiser distributor in St. Louis, Fran Murray, and Orthwein. The original plan was for Murray to own the new franchise; he was a part owner of the Patriots before but ironically he didn’t have any money either. After Murray got the new St. Louis franchise, he was going to switch it with the Patriots that Orthwein owned. Murray was then going to move the Pats to Hartford. At the same time, Stan Kroenke steps forward with a group made up of other prominent St. Louis business owners. This turned out to be a very solid NFL ownership group i.e. they had the money to do it. Trouble was Orthwein held the lease to the Dome. The first group also backed out of the ownership late.

Well the second team was awarded to Jacksonville. Baltimore had a strong bid, just as strong as St. Louis with a stadium in place. They had 3 ownership groups running for it. One was Malcolm Glazer; the other was Al Learner, and a third. Trouble was a lawsuit was going to be brought out if Learner won the team by the third group. Jacksonville had no law suits and Weaver was a strong owner.

Guess who was on that expansion committee – Art Modell. Of course we know Modell moved the Ravens to Baltimore. Guess who got the Browns expansion team – Learner. Look who bought the Bucs – Glazer.

Now back to St. Louis, well Orthwein wanted to move the Patriots to St. Louis trouble was he couldn’t get out of the lease at Foxboro Stadium. Remember who bought that – Bob Kraft. Kraft wouldn’t allow them out of it for any price, so in 1994 Orthwein sold the Pats to Kraft. With him no longer in the picture it allowed Kroenke to help get the Rams to St. Louis.

If you go back to the 1974 deal between Isray and Rosenbloom. Look at all the NFL teams effected by that switch.
Indianapolis
Arizona
New England
Carolina
Jacksonville
St. Louis
Oakland
Baltimore
Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Cleveland
Houston

Mojo Jojo
07-30-2013, 05:01 PM
And throughout the Colts move...Jacksonville was the leader and it was an all but done deal then Irsay changed his mind at the last minute and moved to Indy. Another reason when Weaver came up with a strong offer and none of the other dramas the NFL felt they owed Jax a shot because of Irsay.

ChiefsCountry
07-30-2013, 07:59 PM
And throughout the Colts move...Jacksonville was the leader and it was an all but done deal then Irsay changed his mind at the last minute and moved to Indy. Another reason when Weaver came up with a strong offer and none of the other dramas the NFL felt they owed Jax a shot because of Irsay.

Not to mention before that Baltimore was the front runner to move to Tampa Bay before expansion happened.

SAUTO
07-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Rams . But I can't see it happening at 49.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Watching the Cards/Dodgers game tonight, made me think of something. Has there been any talks of building a Dodgers a new stadium next to Staples Center and use Dodger Stadium land for a NFL stadium? With all of the parking lots there, it just screams football stadium.

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2014, 02:10 AM
This makes the NFL money, but I hate this idea.

If you're going to put a team in LA, make it the Raiders. Otherwise, we don't need another damn football market with a fanbase that doesn't give a shit about their football team.

Mojo Jojo
01-31-2014, 02:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/10380150/st-louis-rams-owner-stan-kroenke-buys-60-acres-land-los-angeles

Kroenke buys 60 acres in L.A. Looks like good bye St. Louis...

kcxiv
01-31-2014, 03:44 AM
I think L.A would give a shit butwhere the raiders played was a bad stadium for football. Fans are to far from the field.

We will see if they get a new team. We do know no one gives a shit about the jags or rams

KChiefs1
01-31-2014, 08:21 AM
Rams or Chargers

Jimmya
01-31-2014, 08:29 AM
There will be another team there. Raiders would be best.

notorious
01-31-2014, 08:32 AM
No way in hell it will be the Raiders.

No way.

Katipan
01-31-2014, 08:35 AM
You can't put the Raiders there. Kids in Los Angeles will never be able to wear anything with the logo on it.

You also can't put it on Dodger Stadium, because fuck you, that's why.