PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Berry vs Gates

SDKCCHIEFS
09-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok we know gates is a future hall of famer but is it Berry suckin or is it Gates tearin it up

RealSNR
09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
You're a lamp fucker

kysirsoze
09-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Tough match-up and Berry isn't entirely back. Berry needs some help. Gotta say it's disappointing, though.

SDKCCHIEFS
09-30-2012, 12:14 PM
very. I thought he would be contesting a lot better. seems like he cant turn his hips for shit.

SDKCCHIEFS
09-30-2012, 12:15 PM
JC BABY!!!

suds79
09-30-2012, 12:17 PM
:hump:

Reerun_KC
09-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Gates will.clownsuit Berry 95% of the time. They aren't in the same league...

SDKCCHIEFS
09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
even in sayy?? 2 years?

lewdog
09-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Leaving Berry one-on-one with Gates isn't the best gameplan.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Berry has shit the bed every game this season. It's a lot of change - in - direction action his position takes. No doubt the knee is not the only issue -- he's just not playing smart, taking chances with angles like the play where they showed Gates release off the LOS.

suzzer99
09-30-2012, 02:42 PM
No doubt Berry had a rough first half against Gates, but he seemed to adjust pretty well in the second half.

Chiefspants
09-30-2012, 02:42 PM
The lack of adjustments by RAC was what was particularly disturbing.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 02:46 PM

adjustment? this defense can't even play base 34.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 02:47 PM
here's a thought -- they are a bunch of idiots that believed their own hype. especially the "leaders" of this defense.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't think there are more than a handfull of players that could cover Gates one on one. Wonder why they didn't bracket him like in previous encounters?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2012, 05:56 PM
You're a lamp fucker

LMAOLMAOLMAO

trndobrd
09-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Last year everyone was praising RAC for double teaming Gates and not letting him get off the line. Wonder what happened to that game plan. Putting Berry on Gates is nothing more than setting up Berry to fail.

MahiMike
09-30-2012, 06:26 PM

huh? The last 2 games our 2nd half adjustments were exceptional.

Rain Man
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Last year everyone was praising RAC for double teaming Gates and not letting him get off the line. Wonder what happened to that game plan. Putting Berry on Gates is nothing more than setting up Berry to fail.

Wow, that's a really good point. I forgot about that.

As much as I complained about the pass interference calls, the second one against Berry was warranted and the first one could probably have gone either way.

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Berry was taken to school by one of the best tight ends in the history of the game. FFS...why would RAC put him on an island like that?

richpjr
09-30-2012, 06:51 PM

Last year Gates was gimping around on bad feet and had trouble running. This year he is healthy.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
huh? The last 2 games our 2nd half adjustments were exceptional.

Too bad the game was over after the first half, it would be nice of Romeo could make these adjustments before garbage time arrived. (Hint: An actual defensive coordinator might be ideal here.)

Saccopoo
10-01-2012, 09:45 AM

That's bullshit.

Berry was drafted top five to shut down guys like Gates, not get raped by them.

If putting Berry on Gates is setting Berry up to fail, then spending a top five pick on a frickin' safety is fail and the GM who did it is ultimate fail.

The Franchise
10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Berry isn't 100% back and RAC is a fucking retard.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Earl Thomas looks more dominating than Berry IMO.

But im willing to cut Berry some slack because i think Crennel is a sh*t head coach that doesnt know how to put players in a position to succeed. He also get another year pass because of the recovery time from injury.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Berry was taken to school by one of the best tight ends in the history of the game. FFS...why would RAC put him on an island like that?

Shouldn't you be able to put a top 5 draft pick and one of the "best" safety prospects in a decade on an island?

scho63
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Gates should have been double covered. Then after he started tearing Berry a new asshole and Berry had two PI penalties, Romeo let him stay there taking his lumps.

That to me is really bad coaching......

Gates is a big, great receiver and Berry was two steps behind the whole game-looked like a pop warner player vs a pro.

Saccopoo
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Earl Thomas looks more dominating than Berry IMO.

But im willing to cut Berry some slack because i think Crennel is a sh*t head coach that doesnt know how to put players in a position to succeed. He also get another year pass because of the recovery time from injury.

Just throwing it out, but didn't Berry lead all NFL safety's in TD's given up in 2010?

Perhaps the guy isn't that good of a pass defender. That has certainly been the case so far in 2012.

And I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the knee thing, but I'm pretty certain that Charles had the same knee situation and he went for over 200 yards against NO and was the one bright spot against the Chargers.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Shouldn't you be able to put a top 5 draft pick and one of the "best" safety prospects in a decade on an island?

Not without a consistant pass rush. Hali, Houston, entire starting D-line were nearly invisible again........

ThaVirus
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM
I will admit, Berry Is much worse at coverage than I thought his skillset would indicate. At the same time, he's faaarr better against the run than I would have imagined.

Gates is one of the best receiving TEs of all time and quite possibly a HOFer. Berry is essentially a sophomore player, recovering from a devastating injury, that was left completely alone to cover him in the middle of the field. Go back and watch that first drive. There literally wasn't another player within 10 feet of them on any given play. He would have done that to Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu as well.

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Not without a consistant pass rush. Hali, Houston, entire starting D-line were nearly invisible again........

He was getting schooled either way.

Priest31kc
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I will admit, Berry Is much worse at coverage than I thought his skillset would indicate. At the same time, he's faaarr better against the run than I would have imagined.

Gates is one of the best receiving TEs of all time and quite possibly a HOFer. Berry is essentially a sophomore player, recovering from a devastating injury, that was left completely alone to cover him in the middle of the field. Go back and watch that first drive. There literally wasn't another player within 10 feet of them on any given play. He would have done that to Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu as well.

Exactly. You think the Steelers would put Polamalu on an island w/Gates? HELL NO.

And once again, Berry's coming off a torn ACL. He's not 100% physically or mentally yet. He'll continue to get better as the season goes on, just like he did his rookie year. He and Moeaki are not back yet, why is this surprising? Its known that it takes 2 years to fully recover, we shouldn't have expected 2010 Berry or Moeaki....Charles is just a freak.

InChiefsHeaven
10-01-2012, 10:22 AM

In single coverage, name me the veteran safety who would not get his ass handed to him by Gates.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2012, 10:31 AM
In single coverage, name me the veteran safety who would not get his ass handed to him by Gates.

The guy has 10 receptions for the year with no TDs. He isn't in his prime anymore. Berry was supposed to be a once in a decade safety prospect that you could match him up against excellent TE's, etc. Maybe it's his injury, coaching, etc., but he isn't playing well this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
LET'S PICK ON BERRY HERP-DERP-A-DERPA-DERPA/dumbass TF.

ghak99
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
When that shit started I was hoping Romeo was just testing the Berry/Gates match up to see what he could get away with. It shouldn't have taken a defensive coordinator like Romeo more than a play or two to see Berry was in way over his head, so why the **** wasn't there an adjustment made to correct the problem right then and there? :banghead:

Aspengc8
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Exactly. You think the Steelers would put Polamalu on an island w/Gates? HELL NO.

And once again, Berry's coming off a torn ACL. He's not 100% physically or mentally yet. He'll continue to get better as the season goes on, just like he did his rookie year. He and Moeaki are not back yet, why is this surprising? Its known that it takes 2 years to fully recover, we shouldn't have expected 2010 Berry or Moeaki....Charles is just a freak.

I don't even think Charles is 100% either. ACL doesn't affect your north/south running, its your cutting.. and JC hasn't shown any flashy cut backs where people miss. Yes, he reversed field the other day, but he isn't juking guys thats for sure.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2012, 10:38 AM
When that shit started I was hoping Romeo was just testing the Berry/Gates match up to see what he could get away with. It shouldn't have taken a defensive coordinator like Romeo more than a play or two to see Berry was in way over his head, so why the **** wasn't there an adjustment made to correct the problem right then and there? :banghead:

Wasn't there an adjustment? Didn't Gates have 3 receptions?

Death2CasselFans
10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
How did we guard the previous TEs?

We played Tony G, Schandler and Graham.

BossChief
10-01-2012, 11:00 AM
He needs to be playing free safety.

I'd put any amount of money on him becoming a bigtime difference maker there because it caters to his strengths. The way he is being used now is terrible.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
He needs to be playing free safety.

I'd put any amount of money on him becoming a bigtime difference maker there because it caters to his strengths. The way he is being used now is terrible.

I thought ball-hawking was his trip. So why is he playing SS?

lcarus
10-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Berry has looked like shit this year but he's coming off an ACL tear and he's only 23. He'll be fine. Plus he's been in some bad LB-like positions this year, when he should be playing back imo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Berry has looked like shit this year but he's coming off an ACL tear and he's only 23. He'll be fine. Plus he's been in some bad LB-like positions this year, when he should be playing back imo.

I have NO qualms about Berry whatsofucking ever.

True Fan's need to shut their worthless cockholsters.

lcarus
10-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I have NO qualms about Berry whatsofucking ever.

I'm always too pissed about Cassel to give a damn about any other player having a bad day. Especially when they're single covering Antonio fucking Gates.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm always too pissed about Cassel to give a damn about any other player having a bad day. Especially when they're single covering Antonio fucking Gates.

This.

TEX
10-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Berry = OWNED!

lcarus
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Berry and the rest of our rather young defense can tighten up and get better. I don't give a shit if they give up 850 yards and 9 TDs any given week. That shit can get better in the future. What CANNOT get better in the future is Cassel. He just doesn't have the god damn tools. Face it Pioli. Face it god damn you.

ghak99
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Wasn't there an adjustment? Didn't Gates have 3 receptions?

You're happy with the speed of the defensive adjustments?

I'm not, and believe it's a direct effect of Romeo trying to handle two jobs at once. It's not uncommon to see the OC go to the bench with the offense and do work. I can't quote the player who stated it, but the defensive players are left "looking for someone to ask" when they are needing information. Their leader, perhaps the only ****ing person on the planet that understands how to implement this defense, is too busy to do his job.

Making adjustments at halftime doesn't stop a first half blowout.

ghak99
10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm always too pissed about Cassel to give a damn about any other player having a bad day.

I'm almost there. :huh:

Saccopoo
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I have NO qualms about Berry whatso****ing ever.

It's not being a True Fan to criticize Berry's play to date anymore than it is to criticize any other player not playing up to their abilities.

Berry has indeed struggled in pass coverage since 2010. A top five, once in a decade type player needs to be just that once in a decade type of player. Berry needs to be Paul Krause as much as Tyson Jackson needs to be Richard Seymour to justify their draft positions. Both are support role positions versus critical positions such as QB, Rush End/Backer, LOT. They need to be held to a very high standard, or the guy picking them needs to be held to a very high standard. *cough*Pioli*cough*

However, you need to take into account how shitty the defense as a whole has looked this year and temper the criticism accordingly. Someone is failing a defense that has no less than SIX first round picks on it, including three top five picks.

Bust rate be damned. This defense should be destroying people - and it isn't.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Berry has indeed struggled in pass coverage since 2010.

This is disingenuous, Berry's coverage improved immensely by the end of the 2010 season. He was lights out against the Ravens in playoff game, unfortunately, the majority of the team decided to take the game off.

Just give him time, he still has a ways to go physically and mentally before he's 100% again.

Buckweath
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
The defense has been fine for the most part, just slightly disappointing so far I'd say. Berry is not a problem and he will become great.

Otter
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Berry got owned, he doesn't seem like a chump, he actually seems like hall of fame potential just judging from body style and movement. But yeah, he was owned, it happens. I'm rooting for the guy.

Quesadilla Joe
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img844/9640/bnbnbnbnbnbn.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img716/936/bnbnbnbnb.png

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Fug off troll