PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mellinger: Enough’s enough: Clark Hunt must make major changes now

Pages : 1 [2]

htismaqe
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Win playoff games, if not make the Chiefs a Super Bowl contender. He would have far more offensive weapons than he ever had during his day. And I actually think, believe it or not, that he and Haley would have been a good combination.

But more than that, his leadership alone would have the team united, which would go a long way towards a championship.

Trent Green could have run Haley's offense the same way Warner did. He's EXACTLY the type of QB that system needs.

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I value playoff wins over stats any day of the week.

That's crap. Green would have done what Sanchez did and more with that Jets defense. Schaub too. You think Houston doesn't get as far last year with Schaub? If Green had Houston's defense he most certainly could have won a SB. Look at Sanchez now. He is a JOKE. If you would take Sanchez over Schaub right now then I am done even talking about this because I don't need to know anymore.

There most certainly is an area where making plays at the right time matters. There is also an area where being on a winning playoff team doesn't make you a good QB. Rivers may be in the first catergory. Sanchez most certainly is in the second. I don't think there can even be an argument about it.

FAX
10-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Trent Green could have run Haley's offense the same way Warner did. He's EXACTLY the type of QB that system needs.

Paging Mr. htismaqe.

There's a big bag of yep waiting for you at coat check.

FAX

boogblaster
10-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Trent Green is the last decent QB this team has suited up ... and he wasnt a great QB .....

SAUTO
10-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Green would give us franchise level play right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I value playoff wins over stats any day of the week.

ROFL Yeah, like Sanchez would have done ANYTHING with Greg Robinson's defense.

Green was a great quarterback, not elite, but he had the ability to take a team the distance.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
To whoever is STILL pimping Sanchez. He is pure shit and about to be benched for Tebow. That is pretty sad. He can't sniff Green's jock.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Green and his ilk are not the answer.

We need Chocolate Penis for this team.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Whitlock will take care of it for Clark:
http://i50.tinypic.com/cjpqx.png

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
To whoever is STILL pimping Sanchez. He is pure shit and about to be benched for Tebow. That is pretty sad. He can't sniff Green's jock.

I'm done "pimping" Snatchez. That said, Snatchez was and still is better Fap Slapple.

Which doesn't say much in either case.

FRCDFED
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Hilarious people on here are touting Greens accomplishments yet admit at the same time that he passed for 4000 yards to the TE and RB. Soon after Green arrived he was nicknamed on here Trinterception because the WR's would outrun Greens passes down the field. He just didn't have the arm strength to stretch the defense.

He was however a great "system" QB. They made the WR's run hook routes and timing routes to hide Trents weakness which seemed to be effective. He definately seemed to benefit from hitting the TE and RB with all the dink and dunk swing passes and the entire offensive line pulling and leading the charge down the field for massive RAC yards. Gonzales and Holmes both became "all world" in that offense.

Let's not fool ourselves into believing that Trent was an upper echelon QB. It's been so long since we've seen good QB play that our imagination is running wild.

Flame away!

notorious
10-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Hilarious people on here are touting Greens accomplishments yet admit at the same time that he passed for 4000 yards to the TE and RB. Soon after Green arrived he was nicknamed on here Trinterception because the WR's would outrun Greens passes down the field. He just didn't have the arm strength to stretch the defense.

He was however a great "system" QB. They made the WR's run hook routes and timing routes to hide Trents weakness which seemed to be effective. He definately seemed to benefit from hitting the TE and RB with all the dink and dunk swing passes and the entire offensive line pulling and leading the charge down the field for massive RAC yards. Gonzales and Holmes both became "all world" in that offense.

Let's not fool ourselves into believing that Trent was an upper echelon QB. It's been so long since we've seen good QB play that our imagination is running wild.

Flame away!

He had the ability to hit receivers in-stride which allowed for the YAC.

He was decent, but not all-world. It's amazing how much scheme helps players.

FRCDFED
10-02-2012, 08:52 AM
He had the ability to hit receivers in-stride which allowed for the YAC.

He was decent, but not all-world. It's amazing how much scheme helps players.
True. He was very accurate with the passes he was able to throw which allows a coordinator to adapt to a scheme that is effective. Cassel can't even throw an accurate freaking pass.

notorious
10-02-2012, 08:55 AM
. Cassel can't even throw an accurate freaking pass.

Our coaches are pretty bad, but you can't scheme for garbage.

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Flame away!

First off, Phobis coined the phrase "Trint". Secondly, he had NO ONE to throw to in 2001 and was coming off of knee surgery, which affected the velocity of his passes.

From 2002-2005, he was most definitely in the "upper echelon" of NFL QB's. Elite? No. But certainly good enough win playoff games and a Super Bowl.

And BTW, ALL good QB's are "system QB's".

Brock
10-02-2012, 09:36 AM

You're an idiot trying to rewrite history. FredEx or Snoop Minnis or whatever crap receivers Green had his first year here weren't outrunning anything. They were trash.

FAX
10-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Flame away!

That offense was almost 100% timing. On top of that, the pre-snap motions led to a combination of routes that were very complex. Receivers, TEs, and backs had to be in a very particular spot at the snap which depended upon both their pre-snap motion and the motion of others. Then, their route had to be perfect and take them to a particular spot at a particular rate of speed for 1, 3, 5, and 7 step drops.

Each and everyone of the offensive players mentioned it at one time or another. By the time he came here, Saunders had refined that offense to Antikythera mechanism complexity and sophistication. Everybody said it would take awhile to get the timing down and it did. According to Gonzo, the offense began "clicking" once he and the other receivers didn't have to "think" about what they were doing and it simply took some time.

FAX

suzzer99
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1354393-debate-is-it-time-to-replace-cassel-at-quarterback?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=kansas-city-chiefs

Bwa-hahahahaha

Bleacher report sucks a giant bag of dicks on the iPad. And no I don't want to install your stupid app just so I can read an article once every few months.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Bleacher report sucks a giant bag of dicks on the iPad. And no I don't want to install your stupid app just so I can read an article once every few months.

I'm not a subscriber. They just sent me an article on Cassel's FAIL.

suzzer99
10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
All the iPad shows is the first page with a little blurb and as far as I can tell there's no way to read the actual article.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
All the iPad shows is the first page with a little blurb and as far as I can tell there's no way to read the actual article.

MY APLOGIEZ SIR, PLEAZE NOT TO BEAT MEEEEEEE!

whoman69
10-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Anyone who says the name Mark Sanchez should have to insert a nickname which points out his mental toughness, ie Mark "Bedwetter" Sanchez.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
NFL32 is gonna talk about our QB situation next.

FAX
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Would you be so kind as to provide a transcript, Mr. Chiefs Pantalones?

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
10-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Would you be so kind as to provide a transcript, Mr. Chiefs Pantalones?

FAX

Teddy Patriot Bruschi says stick with Matt he'll play his way out of it. Damien Woody said stick with Cassel give Quinn some snaps to scare Cassel.

Fail.

FAX
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Teddy Patriot Bruschi says stick with Matt he'll play his way out of it. Damien Woody said stick with Cassel give Quinn some snaps to scare Cassel.

Fail.

Ouch. Thanks, but ouch.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Fail.

Both former Patriots. Fuck them both with a rusty nail in the ass with aids and the whole Patriot organization.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Fail.

I saw this, too and it is precisely the response I expected from them.

BossChief
10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
The Tom Brady tree and the Ray Lewis tree are both quite impressive.

Not with what the guys did after they left, but the sheer volume of guys those two have gotten promoted to positions way over their ceilings.

whoman69
10-02-2012, 07:45 PM

I wonder if they used South Park drawings.

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Flame away!

Actually the fact that the RB and TE were used so much had more to do with their great abilities versus the LACK OF abilities in WR corps. I liked EK but let's be honest, he was a #2 guy, not a #1.

chiefzilla1501
10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G42tL7D509s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trent Green the montage would disagree with you.

Didn't always throw the best ball for YAC. Not the best at passes 25+ yards. But he usually made a very good read and he threw it on time.

Rausch
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Actually the fact that the RB and TE were used so much had more to do with their great abilities versus the LACK OF abilities in WR corps. I liked EK but let's be honest, he was a #2 guy, not a #1.

Well, our HB did break the NFL single season TD record and our TE was a fucking HOF'er...

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Well, our HB did break the NFL single season TD record and our TE was a ****ing HOF'er...

My point exactly. We had no one that came close to such talent in the WR corps. The situation was more about that than it was Trent's ability/inability as a QB.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-02-2012, 10:41 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G42tL7D509s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trent Green the montage would disagree with you.

Didn't always throw the best ball for YAC. Not the best at passes 25+ yards. But he usually made a very good read and he threw it on time.

If I recall correctly, in 05 Green threw for 300 yards or more eight out of the 16 games. He spent half the season swimming in the 300 yard range. That's awesome.

-King-
10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm done "pimping" Snatchez. That said, Snatchez was and still is better Fap Slapple.

Which doesn't say much in either case.

Lol what was he banned for?

BossChief
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Iirc Between 2002 and 2005 the only quarterback to throw for more yardage was Manning.

kcxiv
10-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Them Trent Green passes were nice, he may not have the strongest arm, but look at how pretty them passes looked tha twas 20-25 yards downfield. They were on the money. Alot of them passes Cassel cannot throw.

Makes me sad.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Green's arm was plenty strong. He had 25 yards of frozen rope when he needed it.

Green was very accurate short to intermediate. Up to 30 yards he could sling it with the best of them.

His deep balls tended to die but our passing offense was fucking lethal most of the time. Trent hit 4700 yards before everyone and their Casshole could hit the 4,000-yard mark.

kcxiv
10-02-2012, 11:18 PM
We dont need the 50 yard bomb, we just need them nice 25-30 yard passes on the money and in stride. WE dont get that shit at all. We get the WR has to completley stop jump twist his body and hope the ball doesnt tip off his back shoulderpad and into the air.

ITs like i dont even watch Chiefs games anymore hoping they will win. I just watch them to see how bad Cassel shits the bed. I guess i can even go as far as saying when he doesnt throw a shit pass i get kinda mad. If it makes me a bad fan so be it. I want his ass gone.

I have like no excitement/passion whatever you want to call it in me for the Chiefs anymore.

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 11:39 PM
We dont need the 50 yard bomb, we just need them nice 25-30 yard passes on the money and in stride. WE dont get that shit at all. We get the WR has to completley stop jump twist his body and hope the ball doesnt tip off his back shoulderpad and into the air.

ITs like i dont even watch Chiefs games anymore hoping they will win. I just watch them to see how bad Cassel shits the bed. I guess i can even go as far as saying when he doesnt throw a shit pass i get kinda mad. If it makes me a bad fan so be it. I want his ass gone.

I have like no excitement/passion whatever you want to call it in me for the Chiefs anymore.

And that is just a pass out in the flat.

kcxiv
10-02-2012, 11:47 PM
And that is just a pass out in the flat.

even more. Bowe has to do that jump shit alot. He rarely gets to catch a ball in stride. It happens, but more often then not, he's jumping twisting his body so it doesnt tip into the air. Its just bad bad bad.

This organization is so ass backwards its pathetic.

milkman
10-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Well Houston isn't winning a Super Bowl so copying them would be stupid.

Matt Schaub is a slightly better verison of the shit we have bitched about the Chiefs have done. Trading for another team's backup, not to mention history isn't on his side being a 3rd round pick. Like I said Houston isn't winning a Super Bowl with Schaub. Baltimore or New England will knock them out of the playoffs once again.

I was going to debate this with you, but others have pointed out the arguments I would have made.

I'll say this.
Mark Sanchez is his 4th season, and he has not progressed since he was a rookie.
It's well past time to jump off that bandwagon, playoff wins notwithstanding.

Win playoff games, if not make the Chiefs a Super Bowl contender. He would have far more offensive weapons than he ever had during his day. And I actually think, believe it or not, that he and Haley would have been a good combination.

But more than that, his leadership alone would have the team united, which would go a long way towards a championship.

To me, leadership is what separates Joe Blow from Joe Montana.

If you don't have that trait, you will never be a successful QB in the NFL.

TEX
10-03-2012, 04:04 PM
If I recall correctly, in 05 Green threw for 300 yards or more eight out of the 16 games. He spent half the season swimming in the 300 yard range. That's awesome.

Was a LONG time ago...FUCK YOU SCOTT!

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Lombardi just said on NFLN that the turnovers are not all Matt's fault, they have 15.

Stupid motherfucker doesnt know that Matt has 10 of them.

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Lombardi just said on NFLN that the turnovers are not all Matt's fault, they have 15.

Stupid mother****er doesnt know that Matt has 10 of them.

Make sure to watch the show tonight about the 1995 Browns.

BB was there. Kirk Ferentz was there. Nick Saban was there. Scott Pioli was there, too.

More importantly, MICHAEL LOMBARDI was there. :hmmm:

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Make sure to watch the show tonight about the 1995 Browns.

BB was there. Kirk Ferentz was there. Nick Saban was there. Scott Pioli was there, too.

More importantly, MICHAEL LOMBARDI was there. :hmmm:

I set that to record earlier.

I'm sure Lombardi has been in contact with dipshit.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2012, 04:42 PM
This is how much I hate the Pats and their fucking weird relationship they got going on in their biased frat. Bruschi said today that Romo has played awful. Yesterday when discussing the Chiefs and Cassel he said oh he's played good before he's fine it's not all his fault, yada yada. Making excuses for Matty, ripping on Romo. I hate them.

Buehler445
10-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Jesus. I came just thinking about it.

It is truly amazing how I long for real football.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Jesus. I came just thinking about it.

It is truly amazing how I long for real football.

TMI, Dude

:D

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I set that to record earlier.

I'm sure Lombardi has been in contact with dipshit.

That's why I posted the comments from Lombardi a couple of weeks ago when he was on the radio.

He's not just a Pats lover, he's Pioli's FRIEND and has been for over 2 decades.

So when somebody asks him if Pioli's on the hotseat and he pauses, then says "he doesn't have an extension yet" that's a BIG deal.