PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning

Quesadilla Joe
09-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel at least has one supporter left in coach Romeo Crennel. Beyond that, the fourth-year starter for the Chiefs is losing confidence from players and many others in the organization. In fact, if the team had a better alternative than Brady Quinn as the top backup, Cassel might have already found his way to the bench.

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter." http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--week-4-winners-losers--chiefs--matt-cassel-may-be-losing-grip-on-starting-job.html

More Chiefs stuff at the link (ran out of characters on PS3)

pr_capone
09-30-2012, 11:24 PM
"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

As hard as they did?

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Revisionist history

Raiderhater
09-30-2012, 11:25 PM
If true Scott (not entirely convinced) has no one to blame but himself. He promised competition and didn't deliver. He shouldn't have put all of his eggs in the Manning basket. Absolutely foolish.

KCrockaholic
09-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I HATE hearing about how Cassel is a good backup.

No he's not. He fucking SUCKS ASS at football. Mother fucking TJ Yates is a better player than Matt Cassel. He went out and won a playoff game.

He's not a good starter. Not a good back up. Not a good 3rd stringer.

He might be an ok player in the CFL.

Priest31kc
09-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Sooooo he failed on Manning and then proceeded to not spend one pick on a QB in the draft....Okay. Instead he drafts 2 OL in the 2nd & 3rd round...

New World Order
09-30-2012, 11:29 PM
You know shit has really hit the fan when Scott Pioli has given up on his golden boy

L.A. Chieffan
09-30-2012, 11:30 PM
This is Bullshit and the header is misleading

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Could the title to this be any more misleading?

bricks
09-30-2012, 11:32 PM

No he's not. He ****ing SUCKS ASS at football. Mother ****ing TJ Yates is a better player than Matt Cassel. He went out and won a playoff game.

I'd say he is nothing more than a serviceable backup and I'm being pretty generous there.

Hes ideal for a situation where he is on a really good team, starting QB gets hurt for a few games and Cassel comes in and just manages the game. Not asked to win it or lose it just put the game in the rest of the teams hands.

pr_capone
Amazing. I have put 5 different people on ignore today alone.

Chiefs=Champions
Bullshit. If you want to replace him Scott, you had your chance in the draft.

Prove us wrong and do whatever it takes to get Geno Smith. Untill then fuck off!

pr_capone
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Bullshit. If you want to replace him Scott, you had your chance in the draft.

Prove us wrong and do whatever it takes to get Geno Smith. Untill then **** off!

you should change your UN

Quesadilla Joe
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Could the title to this be any more misleading?

The quote was too long to type verbatim, so I posted the gist of it.

L.A. Chieffan
09-30-2012, 11:34 PM
The quote was too long to type verbatim, so I posted the gist of it.

Which is complete Bullshit.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-30-2012, 11:34 PM
All I read out of that is Pioli wants to keep his job so he's putting the Cassel blame on Crennel and having Quinn as backup. He shifted the blame

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2012, 11:35 PM
you should change your UN

Or add @sucking

:)

Quesadilla Joe
09-30-2012, 11:36 PM
The mods can change the title if they want. I couldn't come up with a better title at 2 A.M.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2012, 11:39 PM
And so the campaign to scapegoat Romeo begins.

There is no way fucking way Romeo is a Matt Cassel supporter if Scott Pioli is not telling him to be.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF KANSAS CITY YOU SHIT HEADS.

CaliforniaChief
09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
All I read out of that is Pioli wants to keep his job so he's putting the Cassel blame on Crennel and having Quinn as backup. He shifted the blame

And so the campaign to scapegoat Romeo begins.

There is no way fucking way Romeo is a Matt Cassel supporter if Scott Pioli is not telling him to be.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF KANSAS CITY YOU SHIT HEADS.

Revisionist history

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

It's so obvious that it's sad that a supposedly astute businessman like Clark Hunt can't see it. Scott Pioli built his regime around Matt Cassel and he's horrible.

FAX
09-30-2012, 11:54 PM
ROFL

So many things wrong in so few paragraphs.

Romeo is supporting The Doof?
Quinn is our top backup because of who?
We went after Manning hard this off-season?
What we're seeing is what was expected?
You pay 63 million dollars to a backup quality QB?

This reeks of things unmentionable in polite society.

FAX

Imon Yourside
10-01-2012, 12:00 AM
ROFL

So many things wrong in so few paragraphs.

Romeo is supporting The Doof?
Quinn is our top backup because of who?
We went after Manning hard this off-season?
What we're seeing is what was expected?
You pay 63 million dollars to a backup quality QB?

This reeks of things unmentionable in polite society.

FAX

Tarrin' and Featherinz too good fer em'

The Bad Guy
10-01-2012, 12:01 AM

You know what's bullshit? Your fucking stupid trolling.

Johnny Vegas
10-01-2012, 12:01 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JwbUCI9bEvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside
10-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Also of note we went after Manning hard, that's the biggest load of BS i think i've ever heard and there are many shit ton loads just in the op.

The Bad Guy
10-01-2012, 12:07 AM
The Chiefs absolutely made it clear they wanted Manning. He just didn't want them, at all.

booger
10-01-2012, 12:07 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JwbUCI9bEvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you want to see Tony Romo naked?

Simply Red
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
too late for concern to warrant any forgiveness. Pioli you think you're a dago but your real name's Clarence.

L.A. Chieffan
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
You know what's bullshit? Your fucking stupid trolling.

I can't help it that you're not a real fan.

Get a clue.

FAX
10-01-2012, 12:13 AM
The Chiefs absolutely made it clear they wanted Manning. He just didn't want them, at all.

I must have missed all that and would truly love to know what we did, Mr. The Bad Guy.

All I heard was that we sent a compensation offer that was ignored and later Pioli learned that Manning didn't want to begin conversations with money.

If we tried any "harder" than that, I would really like to know about it.

But, to be honest, it's difficult for me to take anything this FO says very seriously or even at face value. At this point, it all sounds like a 10-year old making excuses for why he blew up the garage.

FAX

Simply Red
10-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I can't help it that you're not a real fan.

Get a clue.

:LOL:

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 12:17 AM

Money talks and bullshit... well. There is no convincing me that Manning would not have come to KC had the FO untied the purse strings and had a sit down with him to ask what it would take to slap an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

Papi
10-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Lol at no point in that entire article does it state what the OP put in the title. WTF dude?

The Bad Guy
10-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Money talks and bullshit... well. There is no convincing me that Manning would not have come to KC had the FO untied the purse strings and asked him what it would take to slap an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

If you think money is the reason he didn't pick KC, then I don't know what to tell you. Every suitor Manning had was going to pay him.

It was about him being comfortable and he never even allowed KC a spot at the head table.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 12:21 AM
If you think money is the reason he didn't pick KC, then I don't know what to tell you. Every suitor Manning had was going to pay him.

It was about him being comfortable and he never even allowed KC a spot at the head table.

I'm sure it was more than money. Manning not giving KC the time of day speaks volumes to the state of the organization.

The Bad Guy
10-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm sure it was more than money. Manning not giving KC the time of day speaks volumes to the state of the organization.

Absolutely. Clark should have taken a long look at Pioli at that moment. When one of the greatest players to ever play won't give your organization the time of day, something is really wrong.

Papi
10-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Clark probably drank the "right 53" koolaid and was cool with it.

cdcox
10-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Revisionist history

absolutely 100%

saphojunkie
10-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Did Pioli know that Matt was a "really nice backup - not a starter" when he signed him to a 63 million dollar contract?

Is this level of play "what was expected" when Pioli passed on drafting Russell Wilson in favor of a backup tackle?

Did Pioli think that KC needed a better backup than Quinn when he neglected to re-sign Orton? Or sign any of the available free agents? Or draft Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, or Brock Osweiler?

This is such propaganda bullshit.

rico
10-01-2012, 12:39 AM

No he's not. He ****ing SUCKS ASS at football. Mother ****ing TJ Yates is a better player than Matt Cassel. He went out and won a playoff game.

Omg, this. I cringe every time I see someone write that he would be a good back-up. I would fear injury so much if he were the back up....haha God and he's our starter. He was probably a relatively decent high school QB....that's it.

CoMoChief
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
There comes a point that when the players have lost complete and total confidence in their QB, then a change has to be made. If they're not confident they can win w/ Cassel, then by nature they're not going to play as well.

Everything starts and ends w/ the QB on offense. If you can't make plays in the passing game and stretch the game vertically, then defenses are going to load up in the box and then your running game will go to shit.

People wanna talk about Cassel's 2010 "Pro Bowl" season. The 27-7 stat tells only one part of the story. All it means is that Cassel did a good job not turning the ball over that season. I'll give him credit for that, but we also led the NFL in rushing that season and almost had 2 backs run for over 1,000 yards. We also played an extremely soft schedule. That's not Cassel's fault but it's a fact. The NFCW that season was a horrible division. I believe that season we played only one team that had a winning record and we lost to them. Cassel's completion% and yds per completion weren't anything to gloat about.

He's just a serviceable backup. His ceiling is average, which is what we saw in 2010. He doesn't need to be starting in the NFL. He lacks the poise, confidence, swagger, that is required to be successful at the position. He also lacks the mechanics and physical tools it takes to be successful at the position. He's not accurate on just normal everyday passes that an NFL QB should make in their sleep, he can't even throw an average deep ball and he's even less accurate when he tries.

And if more than anything else, he's a momentum killer. You can't sit here and tell me his teammates believe in the guy. This is the NFL...you lead by example...you're playing against the best football players in the world and if you continuously **** up and play like shit, your teammates aren't going to believe or have confidence in you. Some have said that he's a good leader...sorry I don't buy that. He might be a good teammate, but that's not being a good leader...there's a difference. You can't be a good leader if you lack confidence in the position.

cdcox
10-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Did Pioli know that Matt was a "really nice backup - not a starter" when he signed him to a 63 million dollar contract?

Is this level of play "what was expected" when Pioli passed on drafting Russell Wilson in favor of a backup tackle?

Did Pioli think that KC needed a better backup than Quinn when he neglected to re-sign Orton? Or sign any of the available free agents? Or draft Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, or Brock Osweiler?

This is such propaganda bullshit.

It's an insult to propaganda bullshit and to the entire fan base.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM
In fact, if the team had a better alternative than Brady Quinn as the top backup, Cassel might have already found his way to the bench.

This man disagrees.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/ortonlol.gif

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-01-2012, 01:30 AM
I just saw Tony Romo and the Cowboys have broken off contract negotiations. What would you guys think of him? He is a really legitimate QB with Pro bowls and is still in his prime.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 01:34 AM
I just saw Tony Romo and the Cowboys have broken off contract negotiations. What would you guys think of him? He is a really legitimate QB with Pro bowls and is still in his prime.

Yes, but they STILL have to draft a QB.

I'd rather draft Smith, though.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Money talks and bullshit... well. There is no convincing me that Manning would not have come to KC had the FO untied the purse strings and had a sit down with him to ask what it would take to slap an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

And I think Manning is smart enough to know that Pioli was a dead man walking, let alone familiar with his numerous gaffes as GM in KC.

Word fucking gets around. Quickly.

Papi
10-01-2012, 01:42 AM

Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Revisionist history

Indeed.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

Not even close.

I'll give you he hasn't seen has much success in the post-season, but he's 10x the QB Cassel is.

Career 96 QB rating.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 02:22 AM
And I think Manning is smart enough to know that Pioli was a dead man walking, let alone familiar with his numerous gaffes as GM in KC.

Word fucking gets around. Quickly.

Very likely that Pioli is the reason Manning wanted nothing to do with the Chiefs.

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Not even close.

I'll give you he hasn't seen has much success in the post-season, but he's 10x the QB Cassel is.

Career 96 QB rating.

Talent-wise its not even close. Romo just needs to be a little more clutch. His whole team has been jinxed lately in big games and it wasn't always his fault. I doubt Dallas lets him go.

Fritz88
10-01-2012, 02:32 AM
It is amazing how such a report surfaces after the game. I wouldnt surprised if Pioli is the one sending these messages to calm fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 02:49 AM
It is amazing how such a report surfaces after the game. I wouldnt surprised if Pioli is the one sending these messages to calm fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think its the most likely scenario. As much as he loved Matt, he will certainly throw him under the bus to save his own job if he has to. It's the only thing more important than being right about Cassel.

mdchiefsfan
10-01-2012, 03:18 AM
This statement in the OP is the only reason Pioli "went after Manning as hard as he did." So he could say, "See!? I tried to fix it. I knew this was going to happen. Give me another year."

**** OFF!

PhillyChiefFan
10-01-2012, 05:29 AM
Matt Cassel has been selected as a starter twice in his long and illustrious career:

1. Chatsworth High School
2. The Kansas City Chiefs

I think that speaks volumes about him and Pioli's ability to evaluate a player.

qabbaan
10-01-2012, 05:57 AM
There has never been any indication from any credible source that the Chiefs were ever in on Manning. The closest report I ever read was that the Chiefs had inquired but Manning declined to consider them, or that the Chiefs heard his contract demands and said no thanks.

Manning falls into a category where 2/3 of the league should have called a least to find out where the bidding was going to start. This in no way indicates that the chuckleheads at Arrowhead have seen the light on Cassel.

There's no way Quinn can be so bad they wont dream of playing him no matter how bad Cassel gets, and still be the #2. And if he is, how stupid are you for signing him?

jspchief
10-01-2012, 06:06 AM

Saying you want him and trying "hard" to get him are not the same thing.

I want to be a brain surgeon. Doesn't mean I'm trying hard to become one.

siberian khatru
10-01-2012, 06:07 AM
"Honest, Clark, Romeo is undermining everything we've been working toward here. I don't know what happened with him. Let me pick another coach and I swear I'll get this one right."

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Saying you want him and trying "hard" to get him are not the same thing.

I want to be a brain surgeon. Doesn't mean I'm trying hard to become one.

To try hard as in their definition is to call the newspaper and tell them. If you do that, you will surely become a brain surgeon.

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 06:18 AM

I think that you're bringing too much into it. I mean the guy only looked at 3 teams.

WhiteWhale
10-01-2012, 06:44 AM

Romo's playoff record isn't much different than Phillip Rivers. He's very comparable to Rivers.

Cassel isn't 1/10th the QB of Romo.

jspchief
10-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Romo's playoff record isn't much different than Phillip Rivers. He's very comparable to Rivers.

Cassel isn't 1/10th the QB of Romo.Romo is exponentially better than Cassel. Anyone claiming they are similar is ignorant.

That being said, bringing in Tony Romo is a textbook Chiefs QB move. We've been pulling this shit for almost 40 years. Outside of a short Montana era and Trent Green (playing behind a historic Oline), it has been an absolute failure of an approach to filling the position. Yes, Romo would make the team better. Yes, he might make us a playoff team. But ultimately it's the same play it safe, don't risk too much approach to filling the most important spot on the roster. It's the Martyball of team-building.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2012, 07:05 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--week-4-winners-losers--chiefs--matt-cassel-may-be-losing-grip-on-starting-job.html

More Chiefs stuff at the link (ran out of characters on PS3)

Well ive been saying for awhile that since its been well known that Pioli wanted Manning, hes not 100% sold on Cassel.

What ill never understand is that when he couldnt get Manning, why didnt he look for other options and opportunites to upgrade from Cassel?

In58men
10-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Romeo Crennel is a fucking moron. Why is our coaching staff so blind? It's fucking comedy that they still stick with this shit bag.

chiefzilla1501
10-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Romeo Crennel is a ****ing moron. Why is our coaching staff so blind? It's ****ing comedy that they still stick with this shit bag.

Not a big fan of Romeo. But I think it's pretty clear this is not his decision to make. Which is unbelievable, that a gm would interject like this. There is a mountain of hints that this is the case.

BoneKrusher
10-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Romeo Crennel is a ****ing moron. Why is our coaching staff so blind? It's ****ing comedy that they still stick with this shit bag.

it's like the QB situation they've stuck with this POS for four years.

WhiteWhale
10-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Romo is exponentially better than Cassel. Anyone claiming they are similar is ignorant.

That being said, bringing in Tony Romo is a textbook Chiefs QB move. We've been pulling this shit for almost 40 years. Outside of a short Montana era and Trent Green (playing behind a historic Oline), it has been an absolute failure of an approach to filling the position. Yes, Romo would make the team better. Yes, he might make us a playoff team. But ultimately it's the same play it safe, don't risk too much approach to filling the most important spot on the roster. It's the Martyball of team-building.

I don't want to bring in Romo at all. I can't stand that guy.

I just know he's way better than Matt Cassel.

suds79
10-01-2012, 07:29 AM
"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

And that source is???? Scott Pioli. Spinning this story to save his job and putting out leaks such as this.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Well ive been saying for awhile that since its been well known that Pioli wanted Manning, hes not 100% sold on Cassel.

What ill never understand is that when he couldnt get Manning, why didnt he look for other options and opportunites to upgrade from Cassel?

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/woorton.gif

jspchief
10-01-2012, 07:31 AM

And that source is???? Scott Pioli. Spinning this story to save his job and putting out leaks such as this.The return of Rufus Dawes

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 07:33 AM
"What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

pioli leaks this...after 4 years of propping up that failure

jesus he deserves to be murdered

suds79
10-01-2012, 07:33 AM

I think Scott wanted Mannning because he's an all time great. Makes sense.

But then when it didn't happen I think Scott thought that "Well, we'll stick with Matt because he can be a top 15 QB in the league." aka - Good enough.

And that's where he was drastically wrong.

stonedstooge
10-01-2012, 07:34 AM
No one's buying your shit anymore Fat Scott. I hope the media exposes you for the douchebag Hitler wannabe you truely are

notorious
10-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Bull Shit

On a side note, you can't expect to catch bees with with a bucket of piss. I believe that is exactly how Peyton saw the Chief's organization.

htismaqe
10-01-2012, 07:44 AM

If you think this is coming from Romeo, I have a bridge to sell you too.

This is ALL on Pioli. Romeo is just doing what he was told to do.

DaWolf
10-01-2012, 07:46 AM
That's just dumb. They had plenty of other opportunities to bring in challengers. I'm sure Pioli would argue that guys like Orton and Campbell are also at best nice backups, which may be true. But come on, you have to try and have some options there, not say we have three QBs on the roster in Quinn and Stanzi who we believe can start in this league, like you said in the offseason, and now spin it like you have no options. With all your cap room, with the ability to trade up for Tannehill based on what the Cowboys did, you absolutely had options, and you passed...

htismaqe
10-01-2012, 07:46 AM
"Honest, Clark, Romeo is undermining everything we've been working toward here. I don't know what happened with him. Let me pick another coach and I swear I'll get this one right."

Exactly.

I hate this fucker infinitely more than Carl.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Molitoth
10-01-2012, 08:00 AM
With all your cap room, with the ability to trade up for Tannehill based on what the Cowboys did, you absolutely had options, and you passed...

Pioli is a shithead, but he's not a complete f*cking retard.

Tannehill is 4th round talent and there were other QB's that could've been taken without trading your draft away.

Hey look, we have one on the roster already that hasn't been given a chance to play yet...

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Exactly.

I hate this fucker infinitely more than Carl.

Pioli is the worst of Carl condensed into a neat 50-game package.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Pioli is a shithead, but he's not a f*cking complete retard.

Tannehill is 4th round talent.

Who almost won a game yesterday by throwing for 431 yards.

In his best season, Cassel's 400-yard game was all garbage time.

Ryan Tannehill is a rookie and already has a legit 400-yard game.

Molitoth
10-01-2012, 08:03 AM
We can bump this thread in a few years and see who was right about Tannehill.

Imon Yourside
10-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Exactly.

I hate this ****er infinitely more than Carl.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

TEX
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
But Manning wanted NO PART OF FAT SCOTT! :doh!: Can't really blame him for that.

DaFace
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
The mods can change the title if they want. I couldn't come up with a better title at 2 A.M.

You live in Puerto Rico or something?

siberian khatru
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
pioli leaks this...after 4 years of propping up that failure

jesus he deserves to be murdered

Well, Ray Lewis WILL be in town next weekend.

kaplin42
10-01-2012, 08:59 AM
As hard as they did?

This!

As I understand it, Peyton said be something to the effect of

"My salary negotiations start no lower than this $$$ amount, if that is not your cup of tea then don't bother"

At which point we promptly turned around and said no thank you. Which is odd considering how much we still have in cap room.

BoneKrusher
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
But Manning wanted NO PART OF FAT SCOTT! :doh!: Can't really blame him for that.

yep and i do not blame Manning for that.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Pioli is a shithead, but he's not a complete f*cking retard.

Tannehill is 4th round talent and there were other QB's that could've been taken without trading your draft away.

Hey look, we have one on the roster already that hasn't been given a chance to play yet...
You're so dumb.

qabbaan
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Precisely.

Is this Pioli going down the road to throwing Romeo under the bus to save himself, same as he did Haley?

(Not that Romeo has done a good job or anything)

qabbaan
10-01-2012, 09:17 AM

He doesn't believe in real competition. He thinks you need to have one entrenched starter that nobody questions

Molitoth
10-01-2012, 09:31 AM
You're so dumb.

We'll see. :thumb:

scho63
10-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Pioli may have wanted Manning but Manning certainly didn't want Pioli!

Pioli is the spurned lover.....HAHAHAHA

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2012, 10:29 AM

For once we agree. Pioli did not do jack shit in any attempt to get Manning.

Brock
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Precisely.

Is this Pioli going down the road to throwing Romeo under the bus to save himself, same as he did Haley?

(Not that Romeo has done a good job or anything)

That shouldn't be a valid excuse. This is two head coaches in a row he's whiffed on.

vailpass
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
This!

As I understand it, Peyton said be something to the effect of

"My salary negotiations start no lower than this $$$ amount, if that is not your cup of tea then don't bother"

At which point we promptly turned around and said no thank you. Which is odd considering how much we still have in cap room.

LMAO

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
We'll see. :thumb:
See what exactly? Tannehill wasn't a 4th round talent however you want to spin it.

vailpass
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
See what exactly? Tannehill wasn't a 4th round talent however you want to spin it.

His wife alone makes him no less than a third rounder.

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 11:17 AM
His wife alone makes him no less than a third rounder.

I refuse to subscribe to the hot wife notion. It did us no good with Croyle.

Predarat
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
"Hey Pay-Me-A-Ton, how about 4.2 million to be a Chief?"
-Pioli and cHunt

Valiant
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
If true Scott (not entirely convinced) has no one to blame but himself. He promised competition and didn't deliver. He shouldn't have put all of his eggs in the Manning basket. Absolutely foolish.

I agree with revisionist history.

They had every chance to draft a qb after rg3.

Every team that did not have a good qb checked to see peytons interest.

Saying they tried to get competition is a copout.

Cassel is one of the worst qbs in the league for poise and leadership, then add arm, accuracy, scrambling and reads to that. Our back ups could do better with reps in the games. But no. Why? Because pioli never wanted competition.

Shit, if I were bowe and truely want off the team. I would publically state I will not play on another tag or contract next year if cassel is qb on the team. He will either get traded or pioli and cassel get let go. That is my wish at least.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
You live in Puerto Rico or something?

Wait, what?

vailpass
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Wait, what?

LMAO Was waiting to see if you were going to say something. Atlantic Time Zone represent!

vailpass
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I refuse to subscribe to the hot wife notion. It did us no good with Croyle.

Yes but in Tannehill's wife's case she is the only one in the marriage with a vagina.

siberian khatru
10-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Yes but in Tannehill's wife's case she is the only one in the marriage with a vagina.

:LOL:

And not a glass one at that.

L.A. Chieffan
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Romo is exponentially better than Cassel. Anyone claiming they are similar is ignorant.

HAHA

OWNED

Rain Man
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I think we can still sign him.

Titty Meat
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
They went after him so hard he didn't even answer their phone calls.

htismaqe
10-02-2012, 06:53 AM
HAHA

OWNED

Because Romo had a bad game against the Bears?

Cassel shits his pants against vaunted defenses like the BROWNS.

Look, if you wanna argue about whether or not Tony Romo is a franchise or elite QB, you won't find an opponent in me. I think he's a choke artist.

But he's WAY better than Matt Cassel. It's not even close.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Look, if you wanna argue about whether or not Tony Romo is a franchise or elite QB, you won't find an opponent in me. I think he's a choke artist.

:thumb:

Dave Lane
10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
As hard as they did?

Yeah they made a phone call said the price was too steep and never got a call back.

Pioli blitzkreig!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Dude, Michael Vick made Casshole look like Pee Wee football on Sunday Night.

I was impressed.

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-03-2012, 12:12 AM

Well, Romo is a much better passer than Cassel. Romo does have baggage but if he didn't have baggage than there is no way he would be available. I think a change of location for him might do wonders. I hate the Cowboys play calling. It is horrible. They never stick with the running game..Never. I think if Romo was on a team that can run the ball and does run the ball he would be much more effective.

NJChiefsFan
10-03-2012, 02:12 AM
You can't blame Romo for everything that has happened in Dallas. Look at the game Monday night. His stats were terrible, but Romo didn't play that badly. He just always gets screwed and then makes the mistake at the wrong time.

kcxiv
10-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Still cant get over how Manning didnt even return a call. Not even a no thank you, a sorry we are looking in another direction. NOTHING. At the time i couldnt beleive it. I was like, why wouldnt you want to play with the offensive talent we got. Well, it was the damn GM that he didnt want anything to do with.

kcxiv
10-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah they made a phone call said the price was too steep and never got a call back.

Pioli blitzkreig!!

I dont even think they got anything. I m pretty sure in a presser Pioli said they gave em a call, but never talked to anyone. lol

CoMoChief
10-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Still cant get over how Manning didnt even return a call. Not even a no thank you, a sorry we are looking in another direction. NOTHING. At the time i couldnt beleive it. I was like, why wouldnt you want to play with the offensive talent we got. Well, it was the damn GM that he didnt want anything to do with.

From what I've heard Tom Condon isn't much of a fan of Pioli...or how the Chiefs are ran in general. Word gets around in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2012, 06:25 AM
From what I've heard Tom Condon isn't much of a fan of Pioli...or how the Chiefs are ran in general. Word gets around in the NFL.

Peyton loves the media. Do people think he would enjoy being muzzled?
Peyton said he wanted a family atmosphere. Nope.
I'm sure at the end of his career, he wanted assurance that the team would take care of them, not treat him like a business transaction. Nope.
Peyton wanted control of the offense, including influencing personnel decisions and being given license to play call. Nope.

There's so many reasons the marriage wouldn't work. Granted, we wouldn't want Peyton to have all these things necessarily. But it never made sense for Peyton to come here.

PRIEST
10-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Because Romo had a bad game against the Bears?

Cassel shits his pants against vaunted defenses like the BROWNS.

This :thumb:

FAX
10-03-2012, 07:32 AM

You know, I would love to really know and understand how the rest of the league heavy-hitters view our front office, Pioli in particular, and the franchise in general. I mean, the kind of opinion that you get over a couple of scotchs and a cigar. I'll bet it isn't very pretty, to be honest.

FAX

notorious
10-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Well, Romo is a much better passer than Cassel. Romo does have baggage but if he didn't have baggage than there is no way he would be available. I think a change of location for him might do wonders. I hate the Cowboys play calling. It is horrible. They never stick with the running game..Never. I think if Romo was on a team that can run the ball and does run the ball he would be much more effective.

Romo's problem is mental, Cassel's problem is everything.

OctoberFart
10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Kind of hard to go after a guy went he has zero interest in playing for your team. It's kind of like pushing hard to screw a hot chick that is out of your league. You can say I tried hard even though it's never happening.

milkman
10-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Kind of hard to go after a guy went he has zero interest in playing for your team. It's kind of like pushing hard to screw a hot chick that is out of your league. You can say I tried hard even though it's never happening.

Show the bitch some money, and you'll have the hot girl slobbering the knob.

vailpass
10-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Those of you trying to make it seem Peyton didn't go to KC because of a money issue are funny.

Rausch
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Those of you trying to make it seem Peyton didn't go to KC because of a money issue are funny.

He, for good reason, had no fucking desire at all to go to KC...

DeezNutz
10-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Pioli obviously planting stories in the media in a pathetically transparent attempt to save his own ass.

Not possible to get this guy out of town quickly enough.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2012, 02:21 PM

I don't think the Chiefs wanted to pay him as much as he wanted.

Which doesn't matter, because he didn't wanna play for Pioli.

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Pioli obviously planting stories in the media in a pathetically transparent attempt to save his own ass.

Yup.

Titty Meat
10-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Yup Chiefsplanet is running this guy out of town.

DeezNutz
10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I really wasn't paying too close of attention to the language. A "source with knowledge of . . . Scott Pioli's thinking"? LMAO.

Individual with access to Pioli's thoughts? Wait for it...Pioli. What a cowardly sonofabitch this guy is.

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I really wasn't paying too close of attention to the language. A "source with knowledge of . . . Scott Pioli's thinking"? LMAO.

Individual with access to Pioli's thoughts? Wait for it...Pioli. What a cowardly sonofabitch this guy is.

Yup.

DeezNutz
10-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Mitch on 810 stressing the need to simplify the offense for Cassel. What a perverse joke this is.

stonedstooge
10-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Mitch on 810 stressing the need to simplify the offense for Cassel. What a perverse joke this is.

"OMAHA OMAHA" first fucking audible I've heard from Casshole in over 4 fucking years?

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 04:27 PM

Like this?

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/480/donatellup5.jpg

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 04:28 PM
"OMAHA OMAHA" first ****ing audible I've heard from Casshole in over 4 ****ing years?

That's not an audible. It's the snap count.

stonedstooge
10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
That's not an audible. It's the snap count.

It's worse than I thought then. LMAO

DeezNutz
10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Good stuff, guys. All we can do at this point is laugh and numb the pain with single malts.

ROYC75
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
For once we agree. Pioli did not do jack shit in any attempt to get Manning.

This is not the case, rather it was the attempt by Pioli doing too much before the right time.

Here is your finale PHM scoop, my sources will remain annomous ! The story I got was Tom Condon had the Chiefs set up for a chance ( slim one but a chance), with the final PM visit to be made at the end of the process. It's just that Pioli jumped too quick and offered money first, before PM was to do any visiting. Pioli really thought he could get the inside track on Horseface since Denver didn't have a lot of cap space. PM really liked KC, RC & Clark, but he ( PM ) did not care much for Pioli. Again, PM was suppose to meet with the Chiefs after he had made his rounds. Clark really wanted PM , as well as did RC.

So Pioli jumped in first, long before he was suppose to by sending a starting offer that was about 3/4ths of what PM eventually got in Denver. Story was this really pissed PM & Archie off before any visit could be made anywhere since PM wanted to make his visits look like location and not the money( even though it had a very large part of it, which Tn offered about $4 million more ). PM didn't want to discuss any money with any team until the final visit was made, something Denver and Arizona didn't do until PM made his choice.

But the end story is PM and Horseface was just to close to start with, it was pretty much a done deal from the get go unless KC threw stupid money at him after the last visit ( that was promised to be KC's ). PM was also willing to let stupid money go by to play for Horseface ! That PM believed in himself enough that he could still play, thus driving the price up with any team, even from Horseface.

So PHM never happened because of our GM. PM wanted it to come down to 2 teams , KC & Denver, so an offer came first from Pioli. PM took his circus show to other cities to get his money. Yep, PM's goal was to pit KC & Denver against each other in a bidding war ( $$$$ ) since the AFC West Division was his only logical choice. PM was pretty much Denver bound from the get go.

So we had PM acting like a spoiled preppy schoolgirl, Pioli acting like he was an over anxious executive while Tom Condon was caught in the middle having loyalty to PM, some to the Chiefs and a lot to his pocket while having to wait to negotiate and Horseface coming out looking like a freaking saint just because of his friendship. Sounds like a soap opera ? I present to you PM and the 2012 Donks.

So Clark and Pioli did their usual damage control during the event and afterwards. What else could they do but spin it after Pioli shot themselves in the foot long before an official visit from PM ?
Were they going to tell the truth ?
Hey, I / We screwed it up ?
It was nothing but spin city for them:) claiming he wouldn't talk to them.

In reality, we were played, we really didn't have much of a chance, BTA, we will never know since Pioli killed that chance long before we even had an official visit.

So, are you bitter now since Pioli tried and screwed it up ?
Or was it by design ?

How would you have felt if PM carried it out to a KC vs Denver decision and KC had lost ?

Do you feel better that we ( KC ) didn't end up in a bidding war to only be used as a pawn ?

In reality, if we had of been in a bidding war with Denver, it was a no win situation for Clark & Pioli since we couldn't / didn't throw enough money at PM ( according to the fans ). So was this ( Pioli ) by design ?

I can't answer those questions, but the design part does have some traction to it now that it was a planned division rival bidding war.

Guess we will never know.

Now you know the rest of the story, The rest is history!

FTR, I'm off to watch the debate, later!

stonedstooge
10-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Your story would be more believable if you would have stated that Pisoli offered PM the league minimum for veterans

ROYC75
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Your story would be more believable if you would have stated that Pisoli offered PM the league minimum for veterans

I can relate. if my sources was not solid, I would agree with you.

As Paul Harvey said,Now You Know The Rest Of The Story.

I thought the debates came at 700 pm.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Has your P.M. action figure turned brown yet?

DeezNutz
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
When convoluted stories are needed in order to suggest that your GM doesn't suck impressive donkey dick, the mother****er really lives in Tijuana.

ROYC75
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Has your P.M. action figure turned brown yet?

To me, it didn't matter if Brokeneck came here, I have always wanted to draft a franchise QB and turn him loose. I'm just letting go with some of the info I knew during and after.

So your comments are void.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
To me, it didn't matter if Brokeneck came here, I have always wanted to draft a franchise QB and turn him loose. I'm just letting go with some of the info I knew during and after.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Was talking to the thread starter..

DeezNutz
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM

I agree that Manning would be more of the same and that a true, young franchise QB is much needed.

Quesadilla Joe
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Pioli really thought he could get the inside track on Horseface since Denver didn't have a lot of cap space.

They had more cap space than the Chiefs did.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm sure an "under the table" deal sealed it.

Quesadilla Joe
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
PM didn't want to discuss any money with any team until the final visit was made, something Denver and Arizona didn't do until PM made his choice.

Elway said that during Peyton's visit in Denver he told Peyton what Denver's offer was going to be. And it was 5 years 95 million

whoman69
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Doncs got Manning and drafted a QB. Why didn't I see this the first time? Revisionist history.

ROYC75
10-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Doncs got Manning and drafted a QB. Why didn't I see this the first time? Revisionist history.

KC ( Pioli )would not of.

ROYC75
10-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Elway said that during Peyton's visit in Denver he told Peyton what Denver's offer was going to be. And it was 5 years 95 million

Probably did, what are friends for ?

All I have is a source that had got 1st hand information from the parties involved. PM & TC could have kept things quiet until after it was done.

It was reported that TN had an offer of 98.6 mil, still wasn't enough to turn him home.

KC never got the chance to do a counter offer because the 1st one pissed him / them off. Remember, it wasn't about the money at first, but ..... ?

Was this Pioli's way t come back with a counter providing he got the last visit of a plan by design to piss them ff so he could keep Cassel ?

Or not to get into a bidding war to only lose to a division rival because of the close ties ?