PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's a good thing KC didn't waste all those draft picks.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
profootballtalk.com
Robert Griffin III’s headset malfunctioned on winning drive
Posted by Josh Alper on October 1, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT

APThere wasn’t been much about the first three weeks of Robert Griffin III’s NFL career to make the Redskins think twice about their decision to pony up a hefty sum to trade up for his rights in the draft and they didn’t get any reason to start doing it on Sunday.

Griffin threw for 323 yards and ran for 43 more en route to a 24-22 victory that saw Griffin lead the team to the game-winning field goal after getting the ball on the 20 with 1:42 seconds to play. Griffin completed four passes and had a key 15-yard run on that drive, running the two-minute drill with ease despite the fact that a fairly important piece of equipment wasn’t working when he led his team down the field.

“Every week, we always practice me calling the plays [as if] the headset has gone out. The funny thing is, the headset did go out on that drive,” Griffin said, via Dave Sheinin of the Washington Post. “So it was neat how that practice scenario played out in the game.”

There are plenty of quarterbacks whose ability to lead such a drive without the ability to get calls from the sideline wouldn’t surprise you in the least. Most of those quarterbacks have been in the league for several years and led several other similar drives over the course of those years. Griffin didn’t have that kind of background in his favor on Sunday, so it would have been an impressive drive even if Griffin had his coaches in his ear.

The fact that he didn’t is just one more reason to believe that the Redskins have found the answer to their long search for a starting quarterback.

Sofa King
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm very curious as to what it would have actually taken to get that far up and draft him. Bet it would have been a ton.

HemiEd
10-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I could do that, no problem/Matt Cassel

BossChief
10-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Tannehill had over 400 yards passing and could have been had for Poe and Stephenson.

Fuck Pioli and Cassel with a cactus.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Tannehill had over 400 yards passing and could have been had for Poe and Stephenson.

**** Pioli and Cassel with a cactus.

This entire organization is a clown act.

Not all Piolis fault, but they passed on Rodgers, Flacco, could have made an effot to trade up for Ryan, Tannehill, the list goes on......

What a joke.

mcaj22
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
no it is all Pioli's fault. He never goes BPA. He never trades up and takes risks. He never drafts for the boom or bust play makers.

just a bunch of average role players and most have busted out of the league/team already.

Pioli has hit on what? Berry and Houston. Good job. 2 players in 4 years. All those d-lineman and o-lineman are just run of the mill wasted picks as far as I'm concerned.

penguinz
10-01-2012, 10:58 AM
profootballtalk.com
Robert Griffin III’s headset malfunctioned on winning drive
Posted by Josh Alper on October 1, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT

APThere wasn’t been I stopped reading at this point.

Bearcat
10-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I love NFL RedZone.

BossChief
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
no it is all Pioli's fault. He never goes BPA. He never trades up and takes risks. He never drafts for the boom or bust play makers.

just a bunch of average role players and most have busted out of the league/team already.

Pioli has hit on what? Berry and Houston. Good job. 2 players in 4 years. All those d-lineman and o-lineman are just run of the mill wasted picks as far as I'm concerned.

A little too soon to say he "hit on berry".

mcaj22
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM

hahah you are finally turning the corner i see!

mcaj22
10-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Dave still blasts me whenever I shit on Pioli and his awful draft picks.

I will make a believer out of him yet as the season goes on and these guys get worse/do nothing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
We are the most inept franchise in the modern NFL.

loochy
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM

No, he means that Pioli really did hit on Berry. Pioli is half gay. You know that, right?

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
too risky

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Dave still blasts me whenever I shit on Pioli and his awful draft picks.

I will make a believer out of him yet as the season goes on and these guys get worse/do nothing.

I know you're not talking about me.

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 11:28 AM
too risky

He's been a fantasy League Godsend to me

Graystoke
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
No, he means that Pioli really did hit on Berry. Pioli is half gay. You know that, right?

Half Gay?

Isn't he just a fat Bi-Transgendered-Whore?