PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Frazod
10-01-2012, 10:25 PM
If there is at least double the amount that we have now, and if this hits the news like some have said, then I bet the Chiefs may come out w/ some kind of statement. Esp, if ESPN gets their hands on it LMAO

I'm all for the Nov.18th total Blackout game.

Well, Whitlock's on the case, and he eats shit like this up. It'll certainly get some play on the FoxSports website.

I wonder if they'll show the plane on TV? Or be under orders not to?

This could get really interesting.

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Do you all think if Pioli gets informed about this, he'll take actions to stop it?

I was thinking about emailing columnists but thought better of it... Of course, it could be a pr nightmare, (pun intended) if he did so.

At any rate: j-Whitlock
BallState0@aol.com

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM
There's no chance of the banner actually making it onto national TV.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Well, Whitlock's on the case, and he eats shit like this up. It'll certainly get some play on the FoxSports website.

I wonder if they'll show the plane on TV? Or be under orders not to?

This could get really interesting.

I suspec not to. The networks are whores to the nfl.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
PR, can we link up this banner to the Save Our Chiefs social media push we are trying to create?

http://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs

Frazod
Do you all think if Pioli gets informed about this, he'll take actions to stop it?

I was thinking about emailing columnists but thought better of it... Of course, it could be a pr nightmare, (pun intended) if he did so.

BallState0@aol.com

What's he going to do if the plane is already paid for?

Frazod
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM

If the story gets enough coverage beforehand, they might have no choice.

MIAdragon
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
How much would the billboard cost?

Working on that.

MIAdragon

I can see ESPN running with it.

BryanBusby
I think after watching Shannon Sharpe having to stop himself before he went into a tirade over how awful Matt Cassel is, it's not going to happen in any way.

As MIA mentioned, ESPN might run with it but CBS will not touch it.

alnorth
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM

At a bare minimum, it'll get a mention before kick-off, and probably also during the sportscenter recap of our hilariously lopsided loss.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Working on that.

I sent an info request to the people who manage this particular billboard.

http://www.oohcenter.com/Billboard_at_I_435_and_I_70_ES_Kansas_City,MO__x2kpxdbkl238cb19cb.aspx

http://i.imgur.com/qNph3.jpg

Didn't hear back from them. I'll call them on Wed and get a quote.

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Lets get Todd to fly the plane

Frazod
I think after watching Shannon Sharpe having to stop himself before he went into a tirade over how awful Matt Cassel is, it's not going to happen in any way.

That was curious. Did he stop himself, or did the producer give him a STFU in his earpiece?

Titty Meat

BallState0@aol.com

All the local media has been tweeted with a link to this thread. Whitlock already re-tweeted it.

Oh and 610 already mentioned it during the 5 o'clock drive home

And Fox 4 is going to interview PR.

BryanBusby
I hope I'm wrong though. Would love nothing more than to see FIRE PIOLI on my 55" LED.

That was curious. Did he stop himself, or did the producer give him a STFU in his earpiece?
Wouldn't surprise me if a producer told him to shut up. You know he wanted to trash the hell out of the turd.

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Just got the money sent off.

ghak99
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
http://s8.postimage.org/n66fbmbp1/Save_our_Chiefs.jpghttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/<a href=http://postimage.org/image/dye6ux4mp/ target=_blank>[img=http://s8.postimage.org/dye6ux4mp/Save_our_Chiefs.jpg]</a>

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
What's he going to do if the plane is already paid for?

You know what he could do, don't lie....

AA guns in the press boxes.

Seriously, though... I doubt anything like this would ever make national press seeing that the nfl has all the major networks in their pockets and no bad pub really gets out. So, Pioli wouldnt really worry about it much. I guess he could always do the whole $$$$ thing, though.

Titty Meat
10-01-2012, 10:39 PM
http://s8.postimage.org/n66fbmbp1/Save_our_Chiefs.jpghttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/<a href=http://postimage.org/image/dye6ux4mp/ target=_blank>[img=http://s8.postimage.org/dye6ux4mp/Save_our_Chiefs.jpg]</a>

That's awesome! Could you put the picture of Pioli laughing on the other side?

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Seriously, though... I doubt anything like this would ever make national press seeing that the nfl has all the major networks in their pockets and no bad pub really gets out. So, Pioli wouldnt really worry about it much. I guess he could always do the whole $$$$ thing, though.

The people I hired to do this are the same people that flew the K during the AS game. They are also the ones that flew in Ark with the fire Houston Nutt banner.

He ain't skeerd.

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 10:40 PM
All the local media has been tweeted with a link to this thread. Whitlock already re-tweeted it.

Oh and 610 already mentioned it during the 5 o'clock drive home :)

LMAO

Fucking awesome.

alnorth
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM

I think national media is more for vanity and "gee look what we did" more than anything.

We need the local media to whip up a furystorm. Obviously talk radio guys are always game to stir stuff up (even when they have to make up a non-existent controversy to get people to call in), but if this became some sort of recurring theme on local TV and print media to the point where Joe average chiefs fan starts noticing this and deciding to demand that Pioli get axed, we may have something going.

dmahurin
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM

That should be the billboard.

luv
10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards. I may not agree, but best of luck to you.

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
You know, this is basically a ChiefsPlanet declaration of war. I wonder if Pioli will react to it?

I remember when you wrote that letter to King Carl in regards to Romonowski possibly coming to KC and posted it here for anyone to sign if they wanted. We got a pretty positive reaction out of that.

This reminds me of that. Although certainly taken several notches higher. I love this place. :)

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 10:44 PM

As MIA mentioned, ESPN might run with it but CBS will not touch it.

espn cbs nfl network none of them talk or give a shit about the chiefs. never. we get almost zero coverage compared to the average team in the nfl on national tv. I was surprised when I saw him say that. You'd think being a donk he'd be all for caserole. like Tom Jackson "Oh hes looking good."

Whata bunch of bullshit

I dont care if the national media picks this up or not anyway. All that matters is that all the chief fans at the game and around the nation see it and talk about it and Clark realizes that change needs to happen.
Clark you want to actually be a good nfl owner? Its really quite simple................Start with a franchise 1st round qb

alnorth
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
That should be the billboard.

the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.

Titty Meat
LMAO

****ing awesome.

It's cool because Jaycee Pearson is one of the radio personalities and played for the team when they were awful and he says this would be the first time ever Chiefs fans did something like that. Just think this all pretty much started from a message board civil war over Cassel/Pioli ROFL

Frazod
I'm not sure why Clark gets a free pass. Here's my billboard idea:

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-01-2012, 10:46 PM
the official email of @SaveOurChiefs and http://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs is saveourchiefs@gmail.com

Just so we are clear, I am not taking donations at this time nor do I have access to the email address posted above.

Not trying to be a dick either, just want everyone to understand. :)

Dayze
If the billboard would become a viable option, I'd consider dipping into my Kimber CustomII TLE fund to throw down a hundy

Frazod
I remember when you wrote that letter to King Carl in regards to Romonowski possibly coming to KC and posted it here for anyone to sign if they wanted. We got a pretty positive reaction out of that.

This reminds me of that. Although certainly taken several notches higher. I love this place. :)

How fucked up is it that you remember this but I don't? LMAO

Gonzo
What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards. I may not agree, but best of luck to you.

You think ten people showing up with paper bags over their heads will send a message big enough to be helpful?
They call that foreplay in Springfield for chrissakes.
This has the potential to be one of the biggest things CP has ever accomplished, really.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-01-2012, 10:47 PM
www.saveourchiefs.com goes to the Facebook page for now. Need to get a web site going unless we just roll with social media on this. Thoughts?

teedubya
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/10sb18/we_deserve_better_fire_pioli_bench_cassel_banner/

its on the chiefs reddit. Shuold go on the NFL reddit as well.

Nicely done. Let's post it on Sunday after we can get a picture of it... and get blown out by the Ravens on http://reddit.com/r/nfl :-)

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.

I agree. Right now Www.saveourchiefs.com goes to the Facebook page run by MartyMac... but when this reaches the point where the website needs to be promoted, we can easily add more info to the website and have it link to the facebook page and include a feed or whatever, you can put future plans there and the link to donate to get things done.

I set up the site and will install any CMS or Facebook widgets that are needed, but don't look at me for design! I am crap. :D

|Zach|
It will get attention if it gets up and going. They key will be getting a really good photo of it that can spread around.

AustinChief
www.saveourchiefs.com goes to the Facebook page for now. Need to get a web site going unless we just roll with social media on this. Thoughts?

Ha beat me to it.. I just posted on this...

ghak99
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM

It's just a 5 minute jpg for you guys to run with on facebook and twitter.

I agree it should have a web address replacing the paypal account and be a little more creative to make it to a big board on 435.:thumb:

Kyle DeLexus
I hope I'm wrong though. Would love nothing more than to see FIRE PIOLI on my 55" LED.

Wouldn't surprise me if a producer told him to shut up. You know he wanted to trash the hell out of the turd.

His reaction made it seem like he was told to stop. "he turns the football over he..ok..he can't play..I'm done"

Then no one wanted to touch the Matt Cassel topic so I'm pretty sure they were told to move on to something else.

Dayze

Because, IMO, paper bags are like placing some black cats to breech a door. Whereas a banner is throwing down some explosives, tossing in some flashbangs, and throwing semen on everything.

Pioli and Clark care too much about perception perception. That paper bags to them are like having those little pieces of toilet paper Leftover on your balloon knot...simply an annoyance.

luv
10-01-2012, 10:52 PM
You think ten people showing up with paper bags over their heads will send a message big enough to be helpful?
This has the potential to be one of the biggest things CP has ever accomplished, really.

Oh, I know it's big. There's just something about it that doesn't really seem cool to me. I'm actually not sure what it is. I am still excited for you all though.

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 10:52 PM
How ****ed up is it that you remember this but I don't? LMAO

Uh, pretty f#cked up. You seriously do not remember that? I could be wrong and it was someone else but, I know I'm not. Your hatred of Denver in general and Romo in particular drove you to write Carl a letter threating him in some way (fandom, boycott... nothing physical surprisingly) if the dude was signed. You actually got a reply back assuring you and all signees that we had nothing to worry about.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 10:53 PM
It will get attention if it gets up and going. They key will be getting a really good photo of it that can spread around.

If only we knew of a good photographer....

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
i sent you the money

thanks for doing it

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
If the billboard would become a viable option, I'd consider dipping into my Kimber CustomII TLE fund to throw down a hundy

it is a very real and distinct possibility bordering on likelyhood.

if I could get someone to call me back on the damn thing... it would be massively helpful so we know what we are shooting for. lol

RunKC
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Um ESPN showed the stupid billboard of Donkey fans campaigning for Tebow last year.

They sure as hell can show this.

Frazod
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Uh, pretty f#cked up. You seriously do not remember that? I could be wrong and it was someone else but, I know I'm not. Your hatred of Denver in general and Romo in particular drove you to write Carl a letter threating him in some way (fandom, boycott... nothing physical surprisingly) if the dude was signed. You actually got a reply back assuring you and all signees that we had nothing to worry about.

Well, if it didn't happen 30 years ago, I don't remember it. 10 years ago? I'm screwed.

The only reason I know where I lived then is because I haven't moved. :D

alnorth
10-01-2012, 10:58 PM

if I could get someone to call me back on the damn thing... it would be massively helpful so we know what we are shooting for. lol

Well, we got an away game and a bye week after we get crushed this weekend, so there's time. If the billboard idea isn't viable for some odd reason, we can always just keep flying the banner.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Can somone whip up a FB Cover image along the lines of:

It's Time For a New Chiefs Legacy
www.saveourchiefs.com

And integrate images of Stramm-era, Schottenheimer-era and tease the future with Jamaal Charles?

MIAdragon
10-01-2012, 11:02 PM

I have several emails out already, Ill PM you tomorrow when they get back to me.

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 11:02 PM

Zach could do a damn good job there but I think he might be busy with Sporting KC that day. I think they have an exhibition game vs the Las Vegas flippernannys.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 11:03 PM

It's too bad we couldn't get one up in Texas, so, you know, Clark could see it.

Kyle DeLexus
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Zach could do a damn good job there but I think he might be busy with Sporting KC that day. I think they have an exhibition game vs the Las Vegas flippernannys.

ROFL

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM

You serious Clark?

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I sent a couple PM's to the local sports guys here in Omaha. They do occasional stuff on KC so maybe.

Phobia
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM

CP basically put Joe Delaney into the Ring 21 years after his death. Took years of effort.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I sent a couple PM's to the local sports guys here in Omaha. They do occasional stuff on KC so maybe.

I sent the info the local media in Wichita and also sent it to ESPN.

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Oh hey pr, I get paid later this week. I'll be throwing a little dough your way brother.

KCrockaholic
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
CP basically put Joe Delaney into the Ring 21 years after his death. Took years of effort.

How so?

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh hey pr, I get paid later this week. I'll be throwing a little dough your way brother.

http://i.imgur.com/FCBFy.gif

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FCBFy.gif

LMAO

Titty Meat
10-01-2012, 11:09 PM

What'd they do exactly?

teedubya
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM

OMG. Phase 3. Put a billboard near Clark's house in Dallas. Lmao

Frazod
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM

THIS

Phobia
What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards.

Such as? Shots? Fruity frozen beverages? Chiefs tickets? What?

Chiefspants

ROFL If that didn't send the message, I don't know what would.

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Haha. I am not going to that god forsaken place this year.

A Salt Weapon
10-01-2012, 11:15 PM

Why not get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater
Well, if it didn't happen 30 years ago, I don't remember it. 10 years ago? I'm screwed.

The only reason I know where I lived then is because I haven't moved. :D

I'm having trouble finding the thread but, I know it happened. Surely there is someone else who remembers and can verify before I start thinking I'm crazy...

Phobia
How so?

37 Forever was essentially formed, operated, and funded almost exclusively by members of ChiefsPlanet. Though putting Delaney into the Ring of Honor wasn't what we set out to do, we were all about exposure and remembering the man and his unselfish final act. That eventually culminated in his induction into the Chiefs Ring and aside from funding the Delaney grandchildren swimming lessons, it was one of the last things 37 Forever did before they folded.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Why not get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol
Want a 1911.
And the TLE is black. :harumph:

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Oh, I know it's big. There's just something about it that doesn't really seem cool to me. I'm actually not sure what it is. I am still excited for you all though.

What else can you think of to do so that a group of Chiefs fans can collectively vent at the people in charge?

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM

Yep. Our biggest success to date. Pending this this little thing being worked on right now...

KCrockaholic
10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
37 Forever was essentially formed, operated, and funded almost exclusively by members of ChiefsPlanet. Though putting Delaney into the Ring of Honor wasn't what we set out to do, we were all about exposure and remembering the man and his unselfish final act. That eventually culminated in his induction into the Chiefs Ring and aside from funding the Delaney grandchildren swimming lessons, it was one of the last things 37 Forever did before they folded.

Oh. Cool.

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I remember my dad doing this a plane happy birthday banner for my mom's birthday years ago...pre 9/11 so there were a lot of them.

We just knew it would come at some point in the 3rd qtr and he kept trying to keep her from going to the bathroom. It worked out well in the end but it was funny for a while.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 11:21 PM
What else can you think of to do so that a group of Chiefs fans can collectively vent at the people in charge?

We could all mail pictures of our bare asses to Clark. You get fifty or sixty pictures of hairy anuses in the mail on a consistent day to day basis, and you might just realize somebody doesn't like you.

Frazod
10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
We could all mail pictures of our bare asses to Clark. You get fifty or sixty pictures of hairy anuses in the mail on a consistent day to day basis, and you might just realize somebody doesn't like you.

Filthy rich trust fund babies don't open their own mail, dude.

Dayze

LMAOLMAO
GOATSE

|Zach|
Whoever came up with the billboard of Clark with the red background. A few problems...if I saw that and simply saw donate to and then an email I would think that was some ridiculous scam. What the hell do you need the money for...

Also be careful you don't use an image of Clark one of his entities owns the rights to. They could sue you into oblivion.

Frazod
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm having trouble finding the thread but, I know it happened. Surely there is someone else who remembers and can verify before I start thinking I'm crazy...

I don't think you're crazy. I just think I'm old. :huh:

Kyle DeLexus
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM

We could stage a sit in at Arrowhead some random Sunday. We could probably even tailgate in the parking lot beforehand. They probably won't let us in if we don't buy tickets though. It could work.

hoops886
10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
This is freaking amazing guys. So amazing that I had to come out from lurking just to say so. Save our franchise!

And just like that, he's gone...

AustinChief

I know Clark's neighborhood... not much in the way of billboards. I can't even think of any between where he lives and where he works... well, there are some on 75 but they aren't very visible because the highway is sunken... and that is also serious prime downtown Dallas advertising.. so it would cost a fortune and probably never get noticed... he is far more likely to see one in KC.

Dayze
Whoever came up with the billboard of Clark with the red background. A few problems...if I saw that and simply saw donate to and then an email I would think that was some ridiculous scam. What the hell do you need the money for...

Also be careful you don't use an image of Clark one of his entities owns the rights to. They could sue you into oblivion.

We could do that "fuck yeah" herp derp guy in lieu of Clark

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:25 PM
This is freaking amazing guys. So amazing that I had to come out from lurking just to say so. Save our franchise!

We never knew ye

BossChief
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM

Keizer soze?

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I don't think you're crazy. I just think I'm old. :huh:

Happens to the best of us.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Not exaggerating at all when I say this, but I would give up a toe off of each of my feet to see cassel cut tomorrow.

L.A. Chieffan
10-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Not exaggerating at all when I say this, but I would give up a toe off of each of my feet to see cassel cut tomorrow.

pussy

BossChief
10-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Joeys back!!!!

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
An idea that I have but have no desire to act upon that I think would be more effective. Not more so than the banner idea...that is a good one.

The billboard one I think isn't quite as good...and its really pricey. Instead of having one big message in one place I feel like having an interesting compelling message in a ton of places would be good.

Stickers made...flyers...and just put them everywhere in the city. Something people connect with visually but also gets the message across with a website or something.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Sell whip cream pies with "fire pioli" at the bottom of the pie pan

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Sell whip cream pies with "fire pioli" at the bottom of the pie pan

LMAO

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM

No more exhibition games left. Just a few regular season games before the post season as the top seed in their conference. :D

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Stickers made...flyers...and just put them everywhere in the city. Something people connect with visually but also gets the message across with a website or something.

Absolutely hysterical. I was typing up a post saying essentially the same thing. Print off flyers and post them up all over the city. Bus stops, light posts, electric boxes, park benches, colleges.... everywhere.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Maybe we could pull together enough money to donate to charity to convince Clark to sit down and have a chat over dinner or something with some cp vets who are willing to tell him to his face to wake the fuck up.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:34 PM
We could donate it to the blind and retarded.

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 11:35 PM
im just spitting ideas here but do you think the banner is a little too straight forward/mean/too much?
maybe something instead like....
Clark, do you not see the problem with this team?
or
Clark: We all see the problem. Do you?
or...?

I say this because what could the repercussions/ if any be from us doing this?

I just don't want anything bad to happen to my team because we, the fans want the best.......Is the banner phrase a little too much to start with our campaign for a contending team?

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Absolutely hysterical. I was typing up a post saying essentially the same thing. Print off flyers and post them up all over the city. Bus stops, light posts, electric boxes, park benches, colleges.... everywhere.

It would be best if it was catchy visually. Not a lot of words. I really honestly don't want to make this political in the least but from a messaging\design school of thought something like the Obama marketing stuff that was made with the face and the two colors and simple wording.

Maybe a "STOP THE MADNESS" with Clark's photo.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 11:37 PM
No more exhibition games left. Just a few regular season games before the post season as the top seed in their conference. :D

Am I a pos bandwagon fan if I've always talked shit on soccer, know none of the rules, but decide to now start learning and buy sporting kc gear because they are a good team? I went to a game this year, first time I've ever watched soccer, and it was alot funner than the last chiefs game I went to.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Pioli Lied, Hope Died

|Zach|
10-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Am I a pos bandwagon fan if I've always talked shit on soccer, know none of the rules, but decide to now start learning and buy sporting kc gear because they are a good team? I went to a game this year, first time I've ever watched soccer, and it was alot funner than the last chiefs game I went to.

Well you are a bandwagoner but hey. The league is only 17 years old. You are not alone..especially in KC. Enjoy what you enjoy.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:38 PM
im just spitting ideas here but do you think the banner is a little too straight forward/mean/too much?
or
or...?

I just don't want anything bad to happen to my team because we, the fans want the best.......Is the banner phrase a little too much to start with our campaign for a contending team?

Not direct enough. I wanted there to be zero ambiguity as to what we meant by the message.

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:39 PM
or
or...?

They continue to ignore us?

dmahurin
10-01-2012, 11:39 PM
or
or...?

What bad could happen? Contending team? You're talking about the chiefs right?

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Well you are a bandwagoner but hey. The league is only 17 years old. You are not alone..especially in KC. Enjoy what you enjoy.

I enjoy when the home team wins.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Not a chance. There are basically two routes to work he can take from his badass neighborhood (which is already close to the downtown office that he would go to).

Route #1 (the one I would take) has ZERO billboards, is scenic and avoids crazy Dallas drivers... but is probably 10 minutes slower than...

Route #2 (75) has him drive on an often congested freeway which is sunken and has very limited views of any billboards.. there is basically ONE prime location to target. The billboard that smacks you square in the face when you take the Live Oak exit. This one would be the only feasible option, but I doubt he would see it much himself because if I were him, I would probably take Route #1. BUT his employees would certainly see it on the way to the office.

Problem is.. it is PRIME ad space and would likely cost a fortune. may be worth checking though.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.787266,-96.792544&spn=0.003545,0.016512&gl=us&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=32.787266,-96.79254&panoid=miksisX28RwVIOrla3TW_w&cbp=11,204.67,,0,-5.56

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Pioli Lied, Hope Died

I was actually trying to think of something to go with "Pioli Lied" earlier and was drawing a blank. Good job.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Can we egg his house? Or throw a bag of flaming poop from KCNut on him porch?
We'll be sure to use Price Chopper eggs

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 11:43 PM
They continue to ignore us?

I meant more like team effects....? chemistry, future....? i dunno man...just thinkin..this is a pretty significant thing cp is doing right now

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
Keep the message simple:

"It's Time For a New Chiefs Legacy!"
SaveOurChiefs.com

pimpchief
Can we egg his house? Or throw a bag of flaming poop from KCNut on him porch?

There are so many things at the local dollar general we could throw at his house.

|Zach|
Not a chance. There are basically two routes to work he can take from his badass neighborhood (which is already close to the downtown office that he would go to).

Route #1 (the one I would take) has ZERO billboards, is scenic and avoids crazy Dallas drivers... but is probably 10 minutes slower than...

Route #2 (75) has him drive on an often congested freeway which is sunken and has very limited views of any billboards.. there is basically ONE prime location to target. The billboard that smacks you square in the face when you take the Live Oak exit. This one would be the only feasible option, but I doubt he would see it much himself because if I were him, I would probably take Route #1. BUT his employees would certainly see it on the way to the office.

Problem is.. it is PRIME ad space and would likely cost a fortune. may be worth checking though.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.787266,-96.792544&spn=0.003545,0.016512&gl=us&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=32.787266,-96.79254&panoid=miksisX28RwVIOrla3TW_w&cbp=11,204.67,,0,-5.56

The whole getting someone to "Actually" see the billboard thing is overrated. Not much more is gained by someone physically laying eyes on the thing.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 11:46 PM
The whole getting someone to "Actually" see the billboard thing is overrated. Not much more is gained by someone physically laying eyes on the thing.

I agree, I was just pointing out the issue with trying to locate one near him in downtown Dallas, as people keep suggesting... just not feasible IMNSHO.

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 11:46 PM
What bad could happen? Contending team? You're talking about the chiefs right?

Clark being pissed the fans hate him and being a little sandy vagina and ruining the party for us all

Los Angeles Chiefs

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:47 PM
I meant more like team effects....? chemistry, future....? i dunno man...just thinkin..this is a pretty significant thing cp is doing right now

What chemistry? Have you watched any of the games this year?

What future? They already have none so long as they stay this course.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Los Angeles Chiefs

Would probably be a better run team with higher expectations than the kansas city version.

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Clark being pissed the fans hate him and being a little sandy vagina and ruining the party for us all

Los Angeles Chiefs

If that is the way he feels about it good riddance. We'll replace him with someone who wants to sell a winning product.

teedubya
10-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah the billboard in Dallas isn't a good idea. It would now a funny slap in his face, though. Yeah, waaaay too expensive in Dallas... especially in his area. Lol. The thing that's gonna hurt is a blackout in 6 weeks at arrowhead. If we collectively convince people to not show up... that'd be huge.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Keep the message simple:

"It's Time For a New Chiefs Legacy!"
SaveOurChiefs.com

I would make a banner for this but my photoshop skills are limited to creating fake pics of people's heads on other bodies or putting chiefsplanet logos over a girl's exposed nipples

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Wish we could photo shop a pic of Pioli flying a commandeered plane.
Haters gonna hate

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I would make a banner for this but my photoshop skills are limited to creating fake pics of people's heads on other bodies or putting chiefsplanet logos over a girl's exposed nipples

Why would you want to put any kind of logo over a girl's exposed nipples?

Photoshop fail.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Wish we could photo shop a pic of Pioli flying a commandeered plane.

THIS is something I could do! (but don't have time right now)

ghak99

LMAO LMAO

Dayze
You have a homework assignment
Due before 3rd hour metal shop

AustinChief
Why would you want to put any kind of logo over a girl's exposed nipples?

Photoshop fail.

So I could post the pic of her and I hanging out in a thread on here .. can't break my own rules!

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 11:54 PM
If that is the way he feels about it good riddance. We'll replace him with someone who wants to sell a winning product.

Replace him? We lose the Chiefs and we'll never get another nfl team in kc

I agree with everyone, Pioli had his chance with this team and i'd give him about a C grade which is no where good enough. New GM,HC,QB.

OK. Im good with the banner now lol

This medicine I just smoked is strong

Raiderhater
10-01-2012, 11:55 PM
So I could post the pic of her and I hanging out in a thread on here .. can't break my own rules!

Rules fail.

:D

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Nipples FTW!

bench_cassel
i've been spreading word out west!

Raiderhater
Replace him? We lose the Chiefs and we'll never get another nfl team in kc

I agree with everyone, Pioli had his chance with this team and i'd give him about a C grade which is no where good enough. New GM,HC,QB.

OK. Im good with the banner now lol

This medicine I just smoked is strong

The fans here are obviously too passionate for the NFL not to grant us another franchise. Not really the way I prefer all of this to go down but, I'm tired of the status quo.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 11:58 PM
The fans here are obviously too passionate for the NFL not to grant us another franchise. Not really the way I prefer all of this to go down but, I'm tired of the status quo.

oddly enough that's the 6th round QB Pioli is scouting from Hawaii

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Rules fail.

:D

...and discretion fail... I just realized I am posting this in the thread that is being tweeted nationally at the moment. DOH! Don't be surprised if a few posts suddenly disappear from this thread soon..

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
...and discretion fail... I just realized I am posting this in the thread that is being tweeted nationally at the moment. DOH! Don't be surprised if a few posts suddenly disappear from this thread soon..

LMAO

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 12:06 AM
oddly enough that's the 6th round QB Pioli is scouting from Hawaii

LOL!

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 12:07 AM

LMAO This place is awesome.

dtebbe
10-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I just hope someone gets a good HQ pic of it flying above arrowhead.. :cuss:

DT

bench_cassel
10-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Is the banner getting flown after the game as well? That would be a powerful message in another blow out loss.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Is the banner getting flown after the game as well? That would be a powerful message in another blow out loss.

As of right now, we can only afford the pregame. I prefer pregame though as that is when the largest numbers of Chiefs fans will be there. Half of the already half-empty stadium will be out the door by the end of the 3rd quarter and they have to wait for an hour after the game ends before they are able to fly there again.

bench_cassel
10-02-2012, 12:27 AM
good point

COchief
10-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Sent $20.01 via paypal just to show I care more than Frazod :)

/please keep my info confidential

I haven't read the entire thread, but I am assuming we are notifying Babb/Whitlock/Mellinger to drum up some press via email/twitter?

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 12:42 AM
:shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/QIQ42.png

Chiefspants
10-02-2012, 12:43 AM

My body is ready

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 12:44 AM

I like it... we need a new banner for the FB site. Can you work something up that is 851x314?

TinyEvel
10-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Is there any way to design the printing on the banner to look like a giant candy wrapper?

just askin'

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Is there any way to design the printing on the banner to look like a giant candy wrapper?

just askin'

Unfortunately not... it is not going to be a solid banner like you would see with a McDonalds ad. It is gonna be clear ribbing with black bold faced letters.

pimpchief
10-02-2012, 12:49 AM
As of right now, we can only afford the pregame. I prefer pregame though as that is when the largest numbers of Chiefs fans will be there. Half of the already half-empty stadium will be out the door by the end of the 3rd quarter and they have to wait for an hour after the game ends before they are able to fly there again.

Traffic leaving would have to stare at post game banner.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 12:51 AM

Not an hour after the game is over. Arrowhead's parking lot will be a ghost town 20 minutes after the game is over.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 12:52 AM
like it but we have to consider that damn logo box that FB has. great start, tho! I just added it to the FB page.

BryanBusby
10-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Ravens fans aren't going to care about the banner.

pimpchief
10-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Not an hour after the game is over. Arrowhead's parking lot will be a ghost town 20 minutes after the game is over.

Oh, you have to wait an entire hour after the end of the game?

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Take 2

http://i.imgur.com/ueeAx.png

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 01:01 AM
You think Scott would take that personally, and go after somebody with, oh, say his private security team of CIA-like ninja agents?

Really?

Jeez, I guess he might!

The guy on the left looks like one of the guys on Fantasy Live.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 01:03 AM
851x314?

http://i.imgur.com/yeeap.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2WoSO.jpg

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 01:04 AM

How are you going to work the profile pic into that tho?

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 01:05 AM
What's the preferred size for profile pics?

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 01:07 AM

I don't recall offhand.

AustinChief
10-02-2012, 01:14 AM

851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall (I think)

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 01:15 AM
This should work. (assumed you were talking about the small FB avatar that accompanies the banner)

The other two are 851x314 as requested?

http://i.imgur.com/sb1kI.png

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I see Marty has already adopted it. :)

AustinChief
10-02-2012, 01:18 AM
I see Marty has already adopted it. :)

Well done!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Move fast. Gotta take a 3.5 hour nap now tho l8ter duds

NJChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 01:32 AM

If we go for round 2, or with a billboard/flyers I will chip in. Did the interview with you happen yet?

A Salt Weapon
10-02-2012, 02:29 AM
We could donate it to the blind and retarded.

Why would we donate to the regular refs?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Together is Powerful

Indeed

It is a God damned shame we don't have enough characters for that. Picture this.

Bench Cassel. Fire Pioli. Signed, the fans. Together is powerful.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2012, 05:01 AM
You know, this is basically a ChiefsPlanet declaration of war. I wonder if Pioli will react to it?

Now stationed in the "horizon" level of Arrowhead.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1311350_o.gif

TimeForWasp
10-02-2012, 05:58 AM
$25 sent. I'm in. I just saw this. Cool

Cfnnb9
10-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Hey guys, I am the Facebook poster for Arrowhead Addict and saw this last night. Hope you guys were okay with me posting about it and linking people over here. Lots of people agree with what you guys are doing and some even willing to donate!

TimeForWasp
10-02-2012, 06:08 AM
It might not be a good idea to use any pics owned by the NFL on this. Just my opinion.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Is this closed? id like to send in $10 somehow i missed this yesterday....

TimeForWasp
10-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Is this closed? id like to send in $10 somehow i missed this yesterday....

I didn't see it either. I just sent $25

1adam1238
10-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Great Idea!!! I'm in for $20.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2012, 06:34 AM
It might not be a good idea to use any pics owned by the NFL on this. Just my opinion.

Dont tell Wendler that. He is notorious for copyright infringement and posting it here.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 06:36 AM

I like the Busch beer ad on the Jumbotron.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Hey guys, I am the Facebook poster for Arrowhead Addict and saw this last night. Hope you guys were okay with me posting about it and linking people over here. Lots of people agree with what you guys are doing and some even willing to donate!

We welcome them aboard and any others.

Bwana
10-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Montana is along way from KC, but I have been a Chiefs fan for along time. The management team is a complete joke at the top, along with our "so called" starting QB. I just sent you $25.00. Fly baby fly!

WilliamTheIrish
10-02-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm in. I'll get the deets later.

Somebody contact "Just Passing By" (to kiss Pioli's ASS) and ask him if he's contributing.

Fucking Pats loser.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 07:06 AM
$10 sent.

Gonzo
10-02-2012, 07:12 AM
CP is so powerful that we can raise the dead, apparently.

http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/10/02/chiefs-fans-to-protest-by-flying-banner-over-stadium/

LMAO

the Talking Can
10-02-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm in. I'll get the deets later.

Somebody contact "Just Passing By" (to kiss Pioli's ASS) and ask him if he's contributing.

****ing Pats loser.

:LOL:

it's nice to have a dog to kick

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 07:14 AM
CP is so powerful that we can raise the dead, apparently.

http://helmet2helmet.net/2012/10/02/chiefs-fans-to-protest-by-flying-banner-over-stadium/

LMAO

I plan to stand on Lamar's grave and shout as loud as I can.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Ha, would love to see the look on Cassel's face reading this.

You're assuming he can read words better than he can read a defense...

TimeForWasp
10-02-2012, 07:17 AM
It is an inspired idea, but I agree that a protest outside of One Arrrowhead (with a tip to the media) would be more effective. To be truely effective, the banner would need to be done during the game and picked up on TV.

If you are going to do a banner, I would delete the point about firing Pioli. That isn't going to happen this year. You turn Pioli against us as well. If you just call for the replacement of Cassel (and maybe RAC), then Pioli can get behind it more easily (as can Clark Hunt). Though Casshole has been seen as Pioli's golden boy, if there is a fan riot, he can use that as an excuse to agree with Hunt to select a QB in the first round next year.

Pioli's failings have been the 2009 draft, as seeing Cassel with ill-founded rose colored glasses. Otherwise, he has drafted fairly well and has done okay with recent free agent signings. His selection of RAC as head coach is understandable. I supported it at the time. Now it is clear that it was a mistake.

Again, Pioli does not get fired this year (regardless of what Babb and Mellinger chant). It is better to focus on getting rid of the most important failing of the organization -- Cassel. The second biggest failing, I hate to say, is Crennel. Focus on the most important and don't dilute the message by spreading the hate too broadly.

I agree too

Warpaint69
10-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Fescoe just quickly mentioned the banner flying on 610 sports. He then went on to say the true message of fan disapproval will be heard when the fans stop showing up.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Fescoe just quickly mentioned the banner flying on 610 sports. He then went on to say the true message of fan disapproval will be heard when the fans stop showing up.

We aren't showing up. Our banner is.

Warpaint69
10-02-2012, 07:23 AM
We aren't showing up. Our banner is.

I know. Just repeating what he said.

dmahurin
10-02-2012, 07:24 AM
@Chiefscoalition: #Chiefs fans flying a plane banner at the game is pretty lame. Just don't go to the game or find a new team to support.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 07:25 AM
@Chiefscoalition: #Chiefs fans flying a plane banner at the game is pretty lame. Just don't go to the game or find a new team to support.

Chiefs Coalition is for phags and hags.

Gonzo
10-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Chiefs Coalition is for phags and hags.

Pretty much this. They're just pissy that they didn't think of it.

Bwana
10-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Heh, I take it he won't be donating? :D

http://www.robertburridge.com/newsletter/artsyfartsy_jan09/images/Bob_with_Rose_Colored_Glasses.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Just sent $20.

the Talking Can
10-02-2012, 07:40 AM

they can drink aids...

telling pioli to fuck off and die is awesome sauce...

Fat Elvis
10-02-2012, 07:41 AM
They were talking about this on 96.5 the Buzz this morning on my way to work.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I just sent $25.00 to the cause.

beach tribe
10-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Put me down for $15.

This place is awesome.

Fat Elvis
10-02-2012, 07:44 AM
If enough money comes in, I would like to see a banner that says, "Clark, it's our choice. Get a clue."

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 07:46 AM
If enough money comes in, I would like to see a banner that says, "Clark, it's our choice. Get a clue."

There should be a banner at every home game until we see some real changes. And after that, we fly a banner that says: PHUCK YEW CARL!:cuss:

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
So I contacted ESPN and this was their reply.

Dear Eric,

ESPN's policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries.

Sincerely,

Steve
ESPN Viewer Response

---

My reply to them:

Understood. I figured that since you showed the fans in Denver
begging for Tebow with banners and such that the same kind of thing
happening in Kansas City, a fan base known for their loyalty, would be
of interest to you... the only difference being that this time around
the name Tebow wouldn't get to be said 83 times in a single episode of
Sports Center. Gotcha.

Molitoth
10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
My reply to them:

Sports Center. Gotcha.

Nice! lol

R8RFAN
10-02-2012, 08:09 AM
I am proud of you chief fans if yall do this... Not that I want the Chiefs to be good or anything but just for the simple fact you are paying premium prices to be a fan and you deserve the best product the team can afford to put on the field.

Frazod
10-02-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm surprised the response wasn't

Kansas City has a team? Really?

Fuck ESPN 4321

Dayze
10-02-2012, 08:23 AM
mine should be in there today as soon as I confirm those little deposit amounts Pay Pay sends when setting up the account.

Dayze
10-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Chiefs Coalition dorks should run a banner reading "More Weapons For Cassel"!!

CoMoChief
10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Chiefs Coalition dorks should run a banner reading "More Weapons For Cassel"!!

"He just needs more time to develope!!!!" - Chiefs Coalition

dtebbe
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
I got fiddy on it - paypal sent :D

DT

MIAdragon
10-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Hey PR what co are we going with for the banner? I'm going to call www.trafficdisplays.com to get some pricing on Ad-Scooters and Scrolling Mobile Billboards.

A Salt Weapon
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Dear Eric,

ESPN's policy does not allow us to accept for review or consideration any ideas, suggestions, or creative materials not solicited by us or our subsidiaries.

Sincerely,

Steve
ESPN Viewer Response

---

My reply to them:

Sports Center. Gotcha.

That's good. Based on that response, ESPN is now dead to me. I will no longer watch/listen/view their products/programs from now on.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Hey PR what co are we going with for the banner? I'm going to call www.trafficdisplays.com to get some pricing on Ad-Scooters and Scrolling Mobile Billboards.

Airlake aviation

aturnis
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Have you opened up donations via other avenues such as ArrowheadPride, Arrowhead Addict, KCStar bulletin boards, and Athan's tripe site?

R8RFAN
10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
mine should be in there today as soon as I confirm those little deposit amounts Pay Pay sends when setting up the account.

YOU don't have to have a PayPal account, you can pay with your CC thru PayPal

MIAdragon
10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Airlake aviation

:thumb:

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Have you opened up donations via other avenues such as ArrowheadPride, Arrowhead Addict, KCStar bulletin boards, and Athan's tripe site?

I don't have an account at those places. Always seems wonky for a 1 post user to start banging the pot asking for money. If someone wants to post it over there I would be massively grateful.

COchief
10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't have an account at those places. Always seems wonky for a 1 post user to start banging the pot asking for money. If someone wants to post it over there I would be massively grateful.

Any chance you could update the list of donations and your grand total? I'll kick down some more if you're still far from your goal.

Gracias,

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Any chance you could update the list of donations and your grand total? I'll kick down some more if you're still far from your goal.

Gracias,

It will he a while as I am at work. Posting from my phone. I will strive to update PayPal totals at lunch.

I will say though that we have enough for the first banner but we are still taking donations foroher advertising.

Cfnnb9
10-02-2012, 09:14 AM

I run the facebook page for Arrowhead Addicts. I posted about it. Lots of comments and such about it.

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Ps... looks like the local Wichita affiliate of NBC wants to do an interview.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-02-2012, 09:22 AM

Dear Eric,

Sincerely,

Steve
ESPN Viewer Response

---

My reply to them:

Sports Center. Gotcha.

:thumb:

In58men
10-02-2012, 09:23 AM
So are we going banner or billboard

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 09:23 AM

:LOL::thumb:

KCrockaholic
10-02-2012, 09:26 AM

Kiddin me?

Dude you're getting somewhat famous in the Chiefs community.

I was a surprised a friend on mine sent me a link to this site yesterday. He's never been on here before and didn't know I've been coming here for many years now.

tboss27
10-02-2012, 09:26 AM

Would you mind posting the cities/stations you end up having interviews with in the OP? I'd like to have my DVR set to record.

KCrockaholic
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
So are we going banner or billboard

Both. Billboard after the banner until Pioli is fired. JMO

QuikSsurfer
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
This...is...awesome!

In58men
10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Both. Billboard after the banner until Pioli is fired. JMO

Count me in for $20 fellas

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Just sent off my money.

BourbonMan
10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
You're on YardBarker.....
http://www.yardbarker.com/

SuperChief
10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Paid. Thank you for organizing all of this, PR.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Has anyone submitted this to reddit?

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 09:45 AM
You're on YardBarker.....
http://www.yardbarker.com/

Chiefs fans to protest by flying banner over stadium

October 2, 2012 - 12:51 am · 0 comments

by Zack Kelberman

in Kansas City Chiefs

They just got beat down at home by a bitter rival, are sitting in the AFC West cellar with a 1-3 record, and have many within the organization ready to turn the page on quarterback Matt Cassel.

It’s fair to conclude the Chiefs are in a bad place.

And with the Ravens coming to town in Week 5, smart money is on it going from bad to worse.

Despite handing Romeo Crennel the head coaching reigns, hoping he could change the culture tainted by Todd Haley, fundamental issues remain within the team, leading to blowout losses, a poor record and dwindling hope of a successful season.

It’s unfortunate considering the devout fanbase that still comes out in full force each week, even when there’s little to cheer for. However, the dismal situation has led to boiling point for those very fans, who’ve resorted to their own ‘Occupy’ movement in hopes of nudging upper management’s hand.

With the monetary commitment of fellow fans, one member of a Chiefs message board has organized a banner to fly over Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday, calling for, among other things, the firing of general manager Scott Pioli and benching of Cassel. As of early Tuesday morning, $1,055 have been raised for the cause. The tentative plan is for the banner to go airborne before kickoff, and perhaps take to the sky after the game, too.

They’re not stopping there, either. If enough money is raised, the same banner also could be flown at the next home contest, presumably to grab the attention of owner Clark Hunt.

Or so they wish.

I get that desperate times call for desperate measures, but we’ve seen this before and it never ends as hoped. Just six months ago, Dolphins fans lined the streets outside the team facilities, protesting for nearly the exact same reasons. The end result? Just a bunch of people given an excuse to shout and flaunt signs, while changing absolutely nothing.

Though this venture is more expensive, the outcome will ultimately turn out the same and, if anything, land a few folks on the local news.

But, hey, A+ for effort; at least they’re trying. Unlike the team, apparently.

CoMoChief
10-02-2012, 09:48 AM

YEEEEEEEES!!!! MORE!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I know that pricing for digital billboards is fairly reasonable.

Old Dog
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Coming up on 610 after the break

DMAC
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Watch us beat the Ravens. LMAO

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I had $1400 in car repairs over the past week, so I'm going to have to pass for now. If it flys again at another game, maybe I'll have some actual $ by then....

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM

I would have to laugh.....and then cry.

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
It's on 610 right now.

In58men
10-02-2012, 09:55 AM
It's on 610 right now.

Is there a way to listen to the show when it's over?

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
They think it's cool that we did it.....but it won't change anything. This cost $650.....Clark Hunt has a billion dollars.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
They are applauding the effort, but thinks it's foolish if we think it's going to enact any real change.

Chief Pote
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm in for 20.00 PR.

Sofa King
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
They think it's cool that we did it.....but it won't change anything. This cost $650.....Clark Hunt has a billion dollars.

I wonder how much he values his reputation. Media coverage of his team's fan absolutely hating on the chiefs has to be valued pretty high.

alnorth
10-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Its not a friggin' presidential election where we have to raise hundreds of millions and the chiefs are going to buy up attack ads countering out banner, etc.

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Oh, and Carrington (you raving phucking douchebag) just because I donated $50, doesn't mean that $50 would have gone to some charity I somehow cheated. One has nothing to do with the other. That's like saying, because I decided to spend $50 extra at a Chiefs game buying some grub, that I could have spent it on Charity. What a fug tard

Old Dog
10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh, and Carrington (you raving phucking douchebag) just because I donated $50, doesn't mean that $50 would have gone to some charity I somehow cheated. One has nothing to do with the other. That's like saying, because I decided to spend $50 extra at a Chiefs game buying some grub, that I could have spent it on Charity. What a fug tard

Yeah, that was the dumbest part of it.

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM

Then they'll have a shot at 3-3 going into the bye week and with a little luck, 5-3 going into the Monday night game in Pittsburgh and have a real shot at winning the division!

derp derp

ChiTown
10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah, that was the dumbest part of it.

I'd like to kick Carrington right in his fat kunt.

The Franchise
10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Carrington thinks that if you donate $50 to a banner....you have your priorities wrong.

Fuck him.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2012, 10:07 AM
If the Chiefs counter these ads. It just proves the point we are trying to make.

Candy wrappers vs a winning product.

Not hard to figure out.