PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Mr_Tomahawk
12-01-2012, 04:19 PM
we can address that once the season is over

How?

ghak99
12-01-2012, 04:19 PM
"James said that he spoke to Pioli after the incident, and while he refused to discuss the GM's emotional state, the mayor said Pioli was "extremely concerned that fans of this team are not disappointed and not left in the cold."

I've read this quote several times now and its intent escapes me.

Do you have a link to the original text it came from?

The Franchise
12-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I honestly could see people stepping down after this season. I at least think Crennel retires......especially after today.

Mr_Tomahawk

Yeah.

I no get.

hometeam

it means they feel obligated to play

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 04:21 PM
He needs to be fired. This doesn't change that. It does change how much I was going to enjoy it. He created the bullshit football issues around him. He brought on this hate. The guy has gone through a lot today and tried doing the right thing. The issue is how public I want the hate on him to be. I think in the end I want him fired enough to keep letting Clark know. I just would be down for a less personal attack, if that makes sense.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 04:22 PM
How?

Kidnap Clark? Idk I agree with you if you are implying that by the offseason our platform is gone.

The Franchise
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM

This was directly after that quote.

I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Just think if Pioli was the one that committed suicide and took Cassel with him.

How would SOC ,CP feel then !

htismaqe
I honestly could see people stepping down after this season. I at least think Crennel retires......especially after today.

This is absolutely possible, maybe even probable.

But starting up the "fire Pioli" movement at any point now, even after the season, is going to be met with all kinds of vitriol.

It's not worth it. The fans involved will become perma-villains.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Just think if Pioli was the one that committed suicide and took Cassel with him.

They accept their paychecks knowing the environment they are getting into. Pioli went out of his way to be a douche and its why the anger was not just for his moves but him.

12-01-2012, 04:42 PM

Dude, don't be stupid.

12-01-2012, 04:43 PM
This is absolutely possible, maybe even probable.

But starting up the "fire Pioli" movement at any point now, even after the season, is going to be met with all kinds of vitriol.

It's not worth it. The fans involved will become perma-villains.
Doesn't change a thing for me. He needs to be fired and he deserves to be fired.

ghak99
12-01-2012, 04:58 PM
This was directly after that quote.
I think they think there's an obligation to the people of this city, the fans of the team and the fans of the other team to play the game," James said.

Thanks, for clearing that up.

I had a feeling it had been chopped.

htismaqe
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Doesn't change a thing for me. He needs to be fired and he deserves to be fired.

Doesn't change a thing for me, either. But it changes it for A LOT of people that can't separate themselves from emotion.

The simple fact is that people feel sorry for him now. What happened to him was horrible and modern society will let that cloud any rational thought.

He needs to be fire. He deserves to be fired.

But he probably won't be fired.

Just the way it is.

O.city
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
After digesting this all day, I tend to think this makes it more probable they are all let go, but allowed to do on their own time by resigning due to this. If Clark is gonna fire them, he tells them they have a chance to save face and re sign.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 05:11 PM
After digesting this all day, I tend to think this makes it more probable they are all let go, but allowed to do on their own time by resigning due to this. If Clark is gonna fire them, he tells them they have a chance to save face and re sign.

Not a chance in hell. Pioli has a fat payday coming and he's not gonna fuck it up.

htismaqe
12-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Not a chance in hell. Pioli has a fat payday coming and he's not gonna **** it up.

By resigning, he doesn't forfeit any money. Especially if he resigns under these circumstances. Clark will let him walk away if he wants to and he'll pay him anyway, because he feels sorry for him. I know I would.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Pay a guy 5 million because you feel sorry for him? Really?

htismaqe
12-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Pay a guy 5 million because you feel sorry for him? Really?

In big business, stuff like that happens ALL the time.

htismaqe
12-01-2012, 05:20 PM
By the way, Carl Peterson wasn't fired, he "resigned".

Mr_Tomahawk
12-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Not a chance in hell. Pioli has a fat payday coming and he's not gonna fuck it up.

You think Pioli is coming back now?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 05:21 PM
By the way, Carl Peterson wasn't fired, he "resigned".

And he had earned that right.

Pioli hasn't earned shit.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 05:21 PM
You think Pioli is coming back now?

No. But he still has a year left on his contract.

If he's fired he gets paid.

If he resigns he gets nothing.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
190,000 people saw our top post on SOC. This is unreal.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 07:00 PM
And he had earned that right.

Pioli hasn't earned shit.

Because he put good regular season products on the field? He failed to do in 20 years what he said would take 5. Just because he was better success-wise than Pioli doesn't mean he earned a graceful exit. He wasn't exactly graceful with the fans over the years either.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Because he put good regular season products on the field? He failed to do in 20 years what he said would take 5. Just because he was better success-wise than Pioli doesn't mean he earned a graceful exit. He wasn't exactly graceful with the fans over the years either.

Peterson absolutely earned a graceful exit.

If Arrowhead is full tomorrow, it's because of Carl.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Peterson absolutely earned a graceful exit.

If Arrowhead is full tomorrow, it's because of Carl.

I don't deny some of the things he changed, and I am not old enough to have seen what existed before him, but he still was a prick and failed to get anywhere near the ultimate goal.

BourbonMan
12-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I've been on the phone and on chat with Marty since early this morning. Yes, banner, blackout, food drive... everything is cancelled for this game. We are just fans going to a game to support our players.
Good call.

I say no to this for a few reasons.

1. no time to get a banner up against Carolina
2. no matter how disturbed or messed up the guy was, in the end, he took 2 lives and left a 3rd (their daughter) in limbo.

I cannot get behind flying a banner honoring his memory.
I totally agree.

All our funds are already promised to the B&G's clubs. That said, his kid is the sole heir of all daddy's NFL money She should want for nothing.
Again, Totally agree.

The Bad Guy
12-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't think there's a chance Clark would not pay Pioli if he quit.

I think today's events changed the landscape for things moving forward. I don't think it's saving jobs, but I do think that ownership is going to take care of those affected by this.

CaliforniaChief
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, this certainly changes things.

I'm able to separate job performance from this event, but many people will not be, and SOC or any factions that have been anti-Pioli should tread very lightly for the remainder of this season.

There will come a time to talk about Pioli's job performance, but we would squander a bunch of goodwill by being perceived as coming off as too strong. And as friendly as the media has been to SOC, they can and will turn on a dime if they even sniff something vitriolic towards Pioli.

I think that Marty, Eric, and the leaders of SOC get this, so I'm not worried. But it does change everything.

O.city
12-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't think there's a chance Clark would not pay Pioli if he quit.

I think today's events changed the landscape for things moving forward. I don't think it's saving jobs, but I do think that ownership is going to take care of those affected by this.

I would think this would be the case.

BourbonMan
12-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I personally think we should cease all activities for the remainder of the season....We have got our messages across to the FO and the Fans...Marty and PR and Everybody involved, have done a Fantastic job.

If we do decide to do something else on the COLTS game, I think we should fly a banner saying something like this...

We Still Love Our Chiefs, But Fire Pioli

CaliforniaChief
12-01-2012, 09:20 PM
It's impossible to guess what will be happening by that time. I would venture to guess that in light of the fact that Pioli personally witnessed a player off himself, that any attempt to target Pioli could turn the tide of public opinion against us.

Again, I can separate this incident from the big picture...but very few people will be able to, and the media will push that.

My guess is that SOC will do better to abandon the banners and move towards organizing letter-writing campaigns and things that aren't so visible.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Wait a week until after the Browns kick our ass and ramp it up for the home stretch.

BourbonMan
12-01-2012, 09:46 PM
It's impossible to guess what will be happening by that time. I would venture to guess that in light of the fact that Pioli personally witnessed a player off himself, that any attempt to target Pioli could turn the tide of public opinion against us.

Again, I can separate this incident from the big picture...but very few people will be able to, and the media will push that.

My guess is that SOC will do better to abandon the banners and move towards organizing letter-writing campaigns and things that aren't so visible.

Agree

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2012, 09:54 PM

or working the radio contacts, because right now we are going to be viewed as the biggest assholes in the nation if we do anything that's seen as negative towards the regime.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Eric and I have been connected at the hip today guys. But like any ship captain heading into rough sea, you have to navigate things. SOC came across well today and we'll let things play out before we make our next decision. You would not believe the level of idiots we had to deal with today on Twitter and FB and we deleted a lot of hurtful and mean things that people said.

Personally, I'd like to see if a local domestic violence shelter can become a partner with us and we do things like a clothing drive, a blanket drive, toy drive for that Colts game.

Tomorrow is just about being a Chiefs fan. No negativity will come from SOC.

stonedstooge
12-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Channel 9 just ran a very professional statement from SOC and short announcement. Very respectful

TimeForWasp
12-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Too bad there is not time to fly a last positive banner

Bless Our Chiefs SOC Out! Saveourchiefs.com

CaliforniaChief
12-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Marty, you guys have done a great job today (and every day).

SOC had to walk a fine line today, and you more than successfully navigated that.

I have full confidence in you guys as you continue to lead the movement.

Phobia
12-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Personally, I'd like to see if a local domestic violence shelter can become a partner with us and we do things like a clothing drive, a blanket drive, toy drive for that Colts game.

I firmly believe many things happen for a reason. Kenneth Duncan called me a couple months ago about doing a Chiefs song just about the time this organization was gaining its first little bit of traction. Simultaneously, he was writing and producing a couple of theme songs for a KC charity along with helping them on other projects. The name of this group? SafeHome - domestic violence shelter and victim advocate. We're already involved with them and we didn't even know it.

bevischief
12-02-2012, 06:18 AM
I have done my best to keep any bad thoughts of my to make it on here. If any of of you here the call from my wife yesterday about this... RIP now is the time to show respect.

lewdog
12-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Were there thoughts about donating some of the money raised to start a college fund for that little girl?

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Were there thoughts about donating some of the money raised to start a college fund for that little girl?

No.offense, but I.doubt she needs a college fund. If so let the players and chiefs help her. I.feel.sorry for her, I truly do. But its not my responsibility to.give her money. Belcer nor the chiefs care about my kids college funds or me in general.
Just saying.

DaFace
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
No.offense, but I.doubt she needs a college fund. If so let the players and chiefs help her. I.feel.sorry for her, I truly do. But its not my responsibility to.give her money. Belcer nor the chiefs care about my kids college funds or me in general.
Just saying.

I have no idea where you get the idea that it's ever anyone's "responsibility" to be charitable. People give charitably because they believe in the importance of a cause - not because it's their obligation to do so. If people want to give money for this girl, who are you or anyone else to say they shouldn't?

Whether SOC should be involved in something like that is a completely different issue. As you mentioned, the players and Chiefs are undoubtedly going to help some, so it's not really a place where SOC needs to jump in. But again, that has nothing do do with whether an individual should personally decide to contribute in some way to help the girl out.

Marco Polo
12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231275/chiefs-fans-wont-fly-fire-pioli-banners-over-arrowhead-on-sunday

On Sunday afternoon, the Chiefs will play a football game at Arrowhead Stadium, a little more than 24 hours removed from the killing of Kassandra Perkins and ensuing suicide of Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher.

Unlike most Chiefs football games lately, this one won't feature any anti-Scott Pioli propaganda, at least the kind distributed by the group Save Our Chiefs.

The group, notorious for flying banners above Arrowhead and holding a canned-food drive to get rid of the Chiefs' GM, has asked fans to stand down this week out of respect for what the players are going through.

"SaveOurChiefs.com would like to inform our followers that out of respect to the Chiefs organization, coaches and most importantly the players, we have cancelled the Can Pioli Food Drive and airplane banner for tomorrow," the group said in a statement released Saturday, via Chris Thormon of ArrowheadPride.com. "Furthermore, we encourage fans to wear what they feel is appropriate to the game be it black, red, grey or whatever color you want to wear. We ask that you do not carry any Fire Pioli signs into the stadium and just go to the game and be fan.

"Cheer for the players. Be respectful of them and what they go through on a day-to-day basis."

Thus far this season, the Chiefs haven't produced a very good product on the field. The fans have a right to be upset about what they see out on the field.

But what the players are dealing with when they take the field for Week 13 is difficult to imagine. How close they were to Belcher is irrelevant; asking any employee to work within 48 hours of that sort of workplace tragedy is difficult enough.

Doing it without the support of the people who get their back the most would be near impossible.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I have no idea where you get the idea that it's ever anyone's "responsibility" to be charitable. People give charitably because they believe in the importance of a cause - not because it's their obligation to do so. If people want to give money for this girl, who are you or anyone else to say they shouldn't?

Whether SOC should be involved in something like that is a completely different issue. As you mentioned, the players and Chiefs are undoubtedly going to help some, so it's not really a place where SOC needs to jump in. But again, that has nothing do do with whether an individual should personally decide to contribute in some way to help the girl out.

Fair enough.

patteeu
12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I personally think we should cease all activities for the remainder of the season....We have got our messages across to the FO and the Fans...Marty and PR and Everybody involved, have done a Fantastic job.

If we do decide to do something else on the COLTS game, I think we should fly a banner saying something like this...

We Still Love Our Chiefs, But Fire Pioli

This makes sense to me. There are a lot of emotion-driven ideas being generated here, but I think it would be a mistake for the SOC organization to lose focus by getting involved with efforts on behalf of Belcher's child or other victims of domestic abuse. It makes perfect sense to take a respectful break today (or possibly even longer), but you don't have to become champion of some completely unrelated cause to maintain goodwill.

1ChiefsDan
12-02-2012, 11:08 AM
What do Chris Thorman and Arrowheadpride have to do with the SOC movement?

The Bad Guy
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM

Likely nothing.

I think Thorman is a weasel.

Big Chief Homer
12-02-2012, 11:24 AM

I was wondering the same thing:spock:

htismaqe
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Truth. The majority of Americans think with their heart, not their head.

Further targeting of Pioli will be viewed as cruel and heartless.

BigRedChief
12-02-2012, 12:26 PM
the group said in a statement released Saturday, via Chris Thormon of ArrowheadPride.com. Did I miss something? Is Arrowhead Pride a part of SOC's now?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 12:59 PM
No, they're just giving credit to AP for reporting the statement by SOC.

BigRedChief
12-02-2012, 01:10 PM
What is this on SOC's Facebook page that the Chiefs are going to talk with the SOC?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Yup. Reid and I are going to connect this week

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Nothing. Am I missing something here?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 01:35 PM
No, whoever wrote that just read it on AP.

BigRedChief
12-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Nothing. Am I missing something here?Theres a long thread on the SOC page. I got the link through Mr. Flopnuts.

1ChiefsDan
12-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Nothing. Am I missing something here?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231275/chiefs-fans-wont-fly-fire-pioli-banners-over-arrowhead-on-sunday

On Sunday afternoon, the Chiefs will play a football game at Arrowhead Stadium, a little more than 24 hours removed from the killing of Kassandra Perkins and ensuing suicide of Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher.

Unlike most Chiefs football games lately, this one won't feature any anti-Scott Pioli propaganda, at least the kind distributed by the group Save Our Chiefs.

The group, notorious for flying banners above Arrowhead and holding a canned-food drive to get rid of the Chiefs' GM, has asked fans to stand down this week out of respect for what the players are going through.

"SaveOurChiefs.com would like to inform our followers that out of respect to the Chiefs organization, coaches and most importantly the players, we have cancelled the Can Pioli Food Drive and airplane banner for tomorrow," the group said in a statement released Saturday, via Chris Thormon of ArrowheadPride.com. "Furthermore, we encourage fans to wear what they feel is appropriate to the game be it black, red, grey or whatever color you want to wear. We ask that you do not carry any Fire Pioli signs into the stadium and just go to the game and be fan.

"Cheer for the players. Be respectful of them and what they go through on a day-to-day basis."

Thus far this season, the Chiefs haven't produced a very good product on the field. The fans have a right to be upset about what they see out on the field.

But what the players are dealing with when they take the field for Week 13 is difficult to imagine. How close they were to Belcher is irrelevant; asking any employee to work within 48 hours of that sort of workplace tragedy is difficult enough.

Doing it without the support of the people who get their back the most would be near impossible..

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks. That is a classic case of poor attribution. CNN was blowing up my phone before the game. They found us. CBS Sports could have done the same thing

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 04:13 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/60507_477380322305913_368717330_n.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/60507_477380322305913_368717330_n.jpg

Pen to motherfucking paper!

SAUTO
12-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Nice to see
Posted via Mobile Device

Agent V
12-02-2012, 04:37 PM

Fuck yeah. :)

Tribal Warfare
12-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Okay, where are the pics of Pioli playing grab ass on the field

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Well when the dust settles from this, we need to get back focused on the goal. To rid KC from the stench that is Pioli...

Its not gonna be easy as he is now a sympathetic figure of the Chiefs now.

ILChief
12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
We should focus on drafting a QB in round one

Big Chief Homer
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Wow anyone try to have a normal conversation on the SOC facebook page.%(/:$2500::facepalm:

Marcellus
12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Wow anyone try to have a normal conversation on the SOC facebook page.%(/:$2500::facepalm:

Yea that's not possible. Not even close. It reminds me of why I come here for Chiefs talk and nowhere else.

Big Chief Homer
12-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Yea that's not possible. Not even close. It reminds me of why I come here for Chiefs talk and nowhere else.

I went in there to check a few things and wow.

:eek:

Its like the short bus made a stop at the circus.

Now I know why I hate to leave the Planet.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 06:14 PM

NO its pointless... Way too many wierdos on there. NO wonder Hunt doesnt feel its necessary to win. This fanbase loves their loser franchise...

Just dont mess with the parking lot social event before the game.

Big Chief Homer
12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
NO its pointless... Way too many wierdos on there. NO wonder Hunt doesnt feel its necessary to win. This fanbase loves their loser franchise...

Just dont mess with the parking lot social event before the game.

Its not only the parking lot social, there is a LOT I mean a LOT of freaks over there.

I Like the freaks here much better.

ghak99
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM

I avoid the SOC page like the plague, but I went to check it out...

There is definitely no shortage of people willing to let the world know just how dumb they are. :shake:

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Agree.
The interwebs have really reinforced this idea.

alnorth
12-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Pioli still has to go, but at this point, I think I'm fine with keeping Romeo, if they decide to do that.

DaFace
12-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Pioli still has to go, but at this point, I think I'm fine with keeping Romeo, if they decide to do that.

I wouldn't mind him sticking around as DC, but he's just plain not a good head coach.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Speaking of dumb things.

http://i.imgur.com/jwN8J.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Looks beaten.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/02/18/01/euLJV.SlMa.81.jpeg

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Damn.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/02/16/51/17iH9B.SlMa.81.jpeg

ghak99
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Speaking of dumb things.

http://i.imgur.com/jwN8J.jpg

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Welp, try not to cry you guys.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/02/12/01/a1iZN.SlMa.81.jpeg

NJChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Damn.

That's a pretty cool picture. I wanted nothing but a loss today, still don't, but this pic reminds me how much I do love some of these players and this team. Easy to get lost in all this desire for a QB and forget how much the past two days has sucked for this organization.

That said, this loss may torture us all off season.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't mind him sticking around as DC, but he's just plain not a good head coach.

I guess since Greg Robinson is not available. We should keep the next best thing.

CaliforniaChief
12-02-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm still confident that neither Pioli nor RAC will return next year.

I think, as Mellinger wrote today, that RAC is the perfect coach for this team for the rest of the year. He's going to shepherd those guys through this and be a rock of stability and comfort.

But he's also perfect because he's least likely to get us wins for the rest of the year, helping us stay at the top of the draft order.

Today's empty stadium despite the positivity of the fanbase and attention on the game speaks volumes to Clark Hunt about what he needs to do.

patteeu
12-03-2012, 12:16 AM

Wow, really? Turnovers alone were enough to convince me that the coaching staff needed to go weeks ago. On top of that there's the problem of penalties, wide receivers who drop passes they used to catch, FGs instead of TDs in the red zone, and an endless supply of other bad coaching symptoms. Romeo has to go.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Belcher sign removed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9Ktyq7CMAAZ-PT.jpg

spanky 52
12-03-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm still confident that neither Pioli nor RAC will return next year.

I think, as Mellinger wrote today, that RAC is the perfect coach for this team for the rest of the year. He's going to shepherd those guys through this and be a rock of stability and comfort.

But he's also perfect because he's least likely to get us wins for the rest of the year, helping us stay at the top of the draft order.

Today's empty stadium despite the positivity of the fanbase and attention on the game speaks volumes to Clark Hunt about what he needs to do.

I sure hope your right.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Looks beaten.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/02/18/01/euLJV.SlMa.81.jpeg

As he rightfully should. Can't imagine what it feels like to be him right now...

Reerun_KC
12-03-2012, 09:25 AM
As he rightfully should. Can't imagine what it feels like to be him right now...

I had a friend do this in Highschool and in the USAF... I didnt see it happen but it was a strange feeling.

Easy 6
12-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Damn.

Hopefully it was going something like..."dwayne, i really want you back here next year"

Dayze
12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
"Dwayne; I promise you, Cassel and Pioli are gone next year. We'll hash out a deal that will let you reitre as a Chief. We want you back"

oh, and I watched the game yesterday with a family member who said they should let Bowe walk because he drops too many passes.

JFC. I'm so sick of this as an argument. He's on track to be the best WR we've EVER had.....so, we should let him go because he drops 15 balls a season or thereabouts.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Huh??

Crennel's done a worse job as HC than Pioli has done as a GM. Shit, he might have done a worse job as an HC than Cassel has done as a QB. The only person that's done his job worse than Crennel this year is Brian Dabol, who's been roughly as effective as just selecting the 'ask madden' feature on a PS2 would've been.

The only reason anyone could possibly be fine with Crennel back as the HC is because Crennel's a decent dude. That's some limp-wristed garbage right there.

Crennel is a terrible head coach. He's the worst I've ever seen and nothing comes close. Have you already forgotten "I don't know why Charles only got 5 carries" or "I feel like my body presence will make an impact..."?

He's putrid. He's a failure in every sense of the word.

But hey, he seems like a nice guy so lets bring him back...FML.

I'd FAR prefer Pioli come back than Crennel. They both suck, but Pioli has at least done a couple of things passably. Crennel, OTOH, has been a monumental failure at everything he's been asked to do as a HC.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
So getting over this tragedy...any chance we fly a banner in a couple of weeks. :-)

I'm afraid the FO will think SOC has given up.

O.city
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
No way does Romeo stay.

This is a young team. It needs discipline and Crennel ain't it.

I feel like some of the true fans are thinking that we just want Pioli gone for gone's sake.

It's not that. We want to win SB's. I don't give two shits who the GM is, just get it done. Problem with that is, from what I've read and heard, and what we've seen on the field, Pioli isn't hte GM to do that.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-03-2012, 09:13 PM
CLARK WE STILL NEED CHANGE!! - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Hammock Parties
12-03-2012, 09:14 PM
PIOLI NEEDS INDEFINITE TIME OFF TO HEAL

Mr_Tomahawk
12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
FIRE PIOLI - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Mr. Flopnuts
12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
CLARK IT'S TIME TO START OVER - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

In58men
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
LOL @ PIOLI STILL BEING EMPLOYED

BossChief
12-03-2012, 10:33 PM
THIS TEAM NEEDS A FRESH START SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Does that fit?

CaliforniaChief
12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm still skittish about flying a banner. We've got some time to see what happens over the next two weeks while the team's on the road.

Scott Pioli and RAC have sympathy right now, and rightfully so. SOC also continues to be seen positively by the media and local fanbase, and rightfully so. SOC has conducted itself in an incredibly gracious and effective way. However, that could turn on a dime if:

1. The team starts winning, showing that it's come together (then SOC is viewed as divisive).

2. More facts come out that show more of the horror that RAC/Pioli/Gibbs/others had to witness (then SOC is viewed as vindictive.)

The next two weeks determine everything...for the Chiefs' draft position, and SOC's next move. If the team reverts to what we think it is, then I think the following might be appropriate:

Move forward, fresh start--saveourchiefs.com
We all need a fresh start--saveourchiefs.com

I would leave Pioli off the banner but continue to push the idea of his failure to lead with social media and local media. But even those communications will have to show some level of empathy.

Just a few thoughts.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Change springs hope- SaveOurChiefs.com

We'll have to milk the hope line

but, this very touch and go, in the eyes of the public. We have to use insinuation for Firing Pioli because of the circumstances and using Clark's name is out the window too.

BourbonMan
12-04-2012, 08:38 AM
WE STILL LOVE OUR CHIEFS-BUT FIRE PIOLI-SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I know it's too long..but something along those lines.

Easy 6
12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
THE PAST IS GONE - LET US MOVE ON @ SOC

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
WE'RE ALL HURTING. IT'S TIME - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

65TossPowerTrap
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
It could simply be SAVE-OUR-CHIEFS if the sentiment is another banner is needed. The message has been put out and the people who need addressed know where we stand, I don't know that calling anyone out specifically is a good idea given all that has happened lately.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
It could simply be SAVE-OUR-CHIEFS if the sentiment is another banner is needed. The message has been put out and the people who need addressed know where we stand, I don't know that calling anyone out specifically is a good idea given all that has happened lately.

In general people/media have the attention spans similar to 3 year olds, within 3 weeks which will be the Indy game the Belcher story will subside. Thus, is when activities should buildup for one last time but not as aggressive as before though. Objectively this whole situation is pretty fucked up because now Pioli can play the sympathy card to direct attention away from the shitty job he's done. Which includes signing Belcher, an unstable asshole to be a part of the right 53.

philfree
12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
In general people/media have the attention spans similar to 3 year olds, within 3 weeks which will be the Indy game the Belcher story will subside. Thus, is when activities should buildup for one last time but not as aggressive as before though. Objectively this whole situation is pretty ****ed up because now Pioli can play the sympathy card to direct attention away from the shitty job he's done. Which includes signing Belcher, an unstable asshole to be a part of the right 53.

Yeah I bet Jamal Charles has completely forgot about it by then. DJ too.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2012, 10:54 AM

Public and national media perception, come on this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Marco Polo
12-04-2012, 11:01 AM
DRAFT GENO SMITH - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I'm echoing what another suggested; let's focus on the QB we want in case we don't get the #1 pick.

philfree
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Public and national media perception, come on this is exactly what I'm talking about.

That's fine but there are others involved that aren't in those groups. Players specificly. If i'm Charles and I see a banner that might be enough for me to say screw these fans please trade me. He might want thast anyway all things considered. That said I don't think the national media will approve.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM
That's fine but there are others involved that aren't in those groups. Players specificly. If i'm Charles and I see a banner that might be enough for me to say screw these fans please trade me. He might want thast anyway all things considered. That said I don't think the national media will approve.

It's the last game to say something, it can be done it just depends what type of "chatter" is coming from the media in the upcoming 3 weeks. It's all about keeping the talk up concerning Pioli needing to be fired. If that shit changes ( sympathy for the regime needing to stay), we need to say something in one avenue or another.

philfree
12-04-2012, 11:26 AM
It's the last game to say something, it can be done it just depends what type of "chatter" is coming from the media in the upcoming 3 weeks. It's all about keeping the talk up concerning Pioli needing to be fired. If that shit changes ( sympathy for the regime needing to stay), we need to say something in one avenue or another.

Clark has all the info he needs at this point so I doubt the media is going to have an effect on his decision making. And I do think flying another banner will make the SOC movement look bad and the last memory is the one that will stick. I guess if it reads something like John 3-16 Save Our Chiefs it might not come off so jerky. I wouldn't fly period though if it were my decision.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Clark has all the info he needs at this point so I doubt the media is going to have an effect on his decision making.

Again, he musty be shown that the sentiment hasn't changed, especially with the extension rumor. Memory is a fickle thing for businessmen trying to pull one over with the consumers. Something must be said

patteeu
12-04-2012, 11:53 AM

It doesn't really matter what the players think of it.

patteeu
12-04-2012, 11:56 AM

I'm echoing what another suggested; let's focus on the QB we want in case we don't get the #1 pick.

If you're going this route, you're better off keeping it more generic, IMO.

DRAFT A QUARTERBACK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

or even

DRAFT A FIRST ROUND QB - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM.

bevischief
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
It is still too fresh in everyone's mind right now to make a decision yet.

philfree
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
It doesn't really matter what the players think of it.

It might not make a difference in what happens in regards to Pioli but it might make players say screw these fans and they'll want to play elsewhere. Jamal Charles especially. We hear that players and coaches don't want to come here anyway because of management. Do we want to add the fans into that equation?

patteeu
12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
It might not make a difference in what happens in regards to Pioli but it might make players say screw these fans and they'll want to play elsewhere. Jamal Charles especially. We hear that players and coaches don't want to come here anyway because of management. Do we want to add the fans into that equation?

I don't think it's a factor at all.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Change springs hope- SaveOurChiefs.com

We'll have to milk the hope line

but, this very touch and go, in the eyes of the public. We have to use insinuation for Firing Pioli because of the circumstances and using Clark's name is out the window too.

This.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
In general people/media have the attention spans similar to 3 year olds, within 3 weeks which will be the Indy game the Belcher story will subside. Thus, is when activities should buildup for one last time but not as aggressive as before though. Objectively this whole situation is pretty ****ed up because now Pioli can play the sympathy card to direct attention away from the shitty job he's done. Which includes signing Belcher, an unstable asshole to be a part of the right 53.

And this.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM

If Jamaal Charles has a problem with the fans wanting to fire Scott Pioli, Jamaal Charles can leave with him.

Seriously.

That's not his job nor is it his concern.

philfree
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
If Jamaal Charles has a problem with the fans wanting to fire Scott Pioli, Jamaal Charles can leave with him.

Seriously.

It's not about weather Charles has a problem with fans wanting to fire Pioli. It would be more about what Charles thinks about the fans who continue to fly banners calling for Pioli's head after the awful thing that just happened. And Pioli witnessed. And not just Charles but other players as well. It might not matter to any of them but if I were in that situation as a player I wouldn't like it. IMO flying the banners again will shed bad light on SOC.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Great example, the national media's hate of us for cheering Cassel being hurt. Nobody gives one damn about that, and didn't prior to this weekends events.

alnorth
12-04-2012, 08:33 PM
DRAFT A QUARTERBACK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I endorse this suggestion. We've yelled and pounded the fire pioli drum so many times, the media will yawn. This banner might make some news.

alnorth
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Thats good too, would probably spur some reaction

In58men
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Seriously.

Yeah screw all of our good players. I wouldn't be surprised if the players did feel disrespected. You can sit there and say good then they can go with Pioli. That's not going to help lol. We'll be taking another step backwards

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
If Charles is too shortsighted to see that we're doing this because we WANT HIM TO WIN A SUPER BOWL, he can leave, too, I agree.

I'd trade 3 Jamaals for a franchise QB.

patteeu
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
No player is going to be bothered by a banner with a reasonable message flying over the parking lot before gametime. It's not even an issue.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Jamaal can fuck himself. He will be a broke dick RB in 1-2.anyways and is no way part of this franchise going forward anyway. That dumb fucker needs to shut his stupid ass mouth.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
No player is going to be bothered by a banner with a reasonable message flying over the parking lot before gametime. It's not even an issue.

Who cares if those losers are bothered by it anyway. If they didn't suck so.fucking bad we wouldn't be here. 85% of these guys can leave and fuck themselves. There isn't a player on the chiefs good enough to.win the Superbowl anyways.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Jamaal can **** himself. He will be a broke dick RB in 1-2.anyways and is no way part of this franchise going forward anyway. That dumb ****er needs to shut his stupid ass mouth.

Hold on now. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Charles has said nothing about our banners. It was just brought up as a hypothetical.

patteeu
12-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Who cares if those losers are bothered by it anyway. If they didn't suck so.****ing bad we wouldn't be here. 85% of these guys can leave and **** themselves. There isn't a player on the chiefs good enough to.win the Superbowl anyways.

I made the same point earlier in the thread. I don't think any player will be bothered, but if one of them is, I don't think we should care about it.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Hold on now. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Charles has said nothing about our banners. It was just brought up as a hypothetical.

oh okay... well just in case....

Besides he is done in KC. unless we change Gm and HC he has no shot at anything meaningful and is more than likely washed up soon anyways

RB is the easiest and most replaceable position in the NFL. RB's are a dime a dozen and the least amount of investment for any team...

patteeu
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Right. There's zero reason to believe that Jamaal Charles cares one way or another about SOC's banners or about what SOC decides to do at the Indy game.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I made the same point earlier in the thread. I don't think any player will be bothered, but if one of them is, I don't think we should care about it.

Fair enough... Besides we are 2-3 years away from anything meaningful or 6+ years if they keep Pioli....

Groves
12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Here's how it will play out in the media:

They will take whatever we write, and spin it in the way that gives them the most advantage.

This usually, but not always, entails them selecting as its meaning the most controversial meaning they can squeeze out of it.

Back when "fire PIOLI" had zing, they gladly ran with it, and we loved it.

This go around, they will have much juicer controversy to squeeze out of our little banner, and we probably won't like it.

I'm all for a banner, but as others have said, we'll need to wait and take the temperature closer to game time.

Phobia
12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Right. There's zero reason to believe that Jamaal Charles cares one way or another about SOC's banners or about what SOC decides to do at the Indy game.

Wait. The mayor of KC seems to think unruly fans somehow contributed to Belcher's mind in a statement to the press at Arrowhead Saturday.

Marcellus
12-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Jamaal can **** himself. He will be a broke dick RB in 1-2.anyways and is no way part of this franchise going forward anyway. That dumb ****er needs to shut his stupid ass mouth.

:hmmm: Irony dripping from this post.

patteeu
12-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Wait. The mayor of KC seems to think unruly fans somehow contributed to Belcher's mind in a statement to the press at Arrowhead Saturday.

Yeah, that was pretty absurd. That guy is a dope.

12-05-2012, 07:55 AM
INteresting that this thread pulls up crockpot slowcookers as the advertisement at the bottom.

Buehler445
12-05-2012, 08:08 AM

Disagree. Pioli is the problem. Under no circumstance should our message veer from fire Pioli.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Disagree. Pioli is the problem. Under no circumstance should our message veer from fire Pioli.

I concur

Easy 6
12-05-2012, 10:14 AM

:facepalm:

Sly is Stupid.

durtyrute
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I blame some people on here for saying we should have drafted his replacement last year, heartless bastards.

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Front page of ESPN:

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8710168&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

O.city
12-05-2012, 02:47 PM
If you haven't yet you should read that article dakc just posted. Mad props to soc

DaFace
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
If you haven't yet you should read that article dakc just posted. Mad props to soc

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-kc-chiefs/kansas-city-team-town-mourning

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2012, 03:10 PM
They really gave us some love. Shaggy Shane with a mention in there as well. Crazy week in KC...

Phobia
12-05-2012, 06:04 PM
That's Liz. She was at the star covering the Chiefs during Vermeil's last year, which was the same time I was with Warpaint. She left shortly thereafter for ESPN. She's a vastly underrated story-teller.

NJChiefsFan
12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
That was a well-written article.

BossChief
12-05-2012, 08:09 PM
They sold over 5,000 hoodies and only gave SOC a grand?

pr_capone
12-05-2012, 09:31 PM
They sold over 5,000 hoodies and only gave SOC a grand?

that has to be a typo... over 500 yes.

Easy 6
12-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Wow, Liz, i'd totally forgotten her... the old Star beat writer, she was relentlessly battered both professionaly and personally... i probably even said something stupid about her.

But that was a Five Star piece of work, the insight and maturity gained by being elsewhere for years really helped, a great piece of perspective.

Where does it go from here?

Glad to hear that all of the past and current pressure might be forcing these guys to lean on each other, just maybe something positive can come from this.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Photos from Belcher's funeral. Pioli gave the eulogy.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/12/5/3733310/jovan-belcher-memorial-service-romeo-crennel-scott-pioli

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/7305249/uspw_6820212_gallery_post.jpg

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Besides we are 2-3 years away from anything meaningful

Why?

NJChiefsFan
12-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Why?

The same reason people aren't hell-bent to get a QB. They just don't understand how much they change things. Somehow they don't see how terrible the Colts and Redskins would be without their QBs.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Matt looks like a total douche in this photo. LMAO

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/05/20/26/xpppe.SlMa.81.jpeg

Easy 6
12-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Atleast he ditched the gay biker stache.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
The same reason people aren't hell-bent to get a QB. They just don't understand how much they change things. Somehow they don't see how terrible the Colts and Redskins would be without their QBs.

& Seahawks for those who use the "well Andrew Luck & RGIII are once in a decade type, can't miss prospects."

Priest31kc
12-06-2012, 02:44 PM

ROFL

NJChiefsFan
12-06-2012, 06:03 PM

That third guy visually represents what the coaching staff thinks of Ricky Stanzi.

12-06-2012, 06:03 PM

Is he trying to look like Elvis Grbac?

stonedstooge
12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Is he trying to look like Elvis Grbac?

Looks like the dude in The Evil Dead. He also has that crazy hand that dude had that went crazy on him, just like a Matt Casshole pass

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Is Cassel wearing Ed Hardy glasses and has he lost weight?

mdchiefsfan
12-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Is Cassel wearing Ed Hardy glasses and has he lost weight?

It looks like it. Is Quinn just that much broader than him or what?

Bob Dole
12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Atleast he ditched the gay biker stache.

Bob Dole assumed it was there for Movember.

Easy 6
12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Bob Dole assumed it was there for Movember.

Ah, thats hadnt crossed my mind, you're probably right.

I assumed it was some poorly chosen way to "man up" in the face of so much criticism.

Dayze
12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Dexter McCluster is really a white guy.

NJChiefsFan
12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
It looks like it. Is Quinn just that much broader than him or what?

Quinn is a pretty ripped QB but Cassel still looks skinny. Maybe he finally caught the AIDS everyone was wishing upon him.

Hootie
12-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Dude Quinn is a beast of a man...if he took football as serious as he takes looking like a chiseled little bear he'd be the best player EVER!

He's got a great bod!!!

12-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Dude Quinn is a beast of a man...if he took football as serious as he takes looking like a chiseled little bear he'd be the best player EVER!

He's got a great bod!!!

:spock:

and now we know. LMAO

bevischief
12-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Highest paid GM=? SaveOurChiefs.com

InChiefsHeaven
12-08-2012, 08:56 AM

He's got a great bod!!!

Wow. Settle down son...:spock:

Hootie
12-08-2012, 11:54 AM
:spock:

and now we know. LMAO

http://timtebowfanclubblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Brady-Quinn-e1.jpg

Bewbies
12-08-2012, 02:02 PM
This is the save our chiefs thread, not the gay our chiefs thread...

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
This is the save our chiefs thread, not the gay our chiefs thread...

Don't you mean Queer for Quinn

pr_capone
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Don't you mean Queer for Quinn

Brokeback for Brady?

Hammock Parties
12-08-2012, 03:05 PM
balls deep for brady

pr_capone
12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Butt fucking for Brady

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Take it in the Pootie Hootie

Hootie
12-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm a secure man.

Brady Quinn is one chiseled buffalo. He should be a Buffalo Bill.

Easy 6
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Cock Ring for Quinn

CaliforniaChief
12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Deliverquinnce

Hootie
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
you know...

if they held like a beauty pageant or a strong cute man pageant for NFL QB's at the end of the year...

KC just might win something for once!

Hootie
12-08-2012, 07:06 PM
and if I'm captain tasty cheeks...

Brady Quinn is Lieutenant Luscious Legs

bevischief
12-09-2012, 08:29 AM
beenoverbob the midget likes this.

hometeam
12-09-2012, 09:05 AM
This thread is losing its heterosexuality and luster.

bevischief
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Is the movement still selling gear?

12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
WE STILL SUCK ~SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 02:26 PM
updated OP w/financials:

Expenditures:
10/7 Banner - $625.00
10/28 Banners - $1,250.00
11/16 Flyers - $375.55
11/16 Banner - $900.00
11/18 Banner - $575.00
11/25 Banner - $625.00
-------------------------
Total: $4,350.55

Current Paypal Balance: $1,984.05
Total Donations Received: $6,334.60

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
updated OP w/financials:

Expenditures:
10/7 Banner - $625.00
10/28 Banners - $1,250.00
11/16 Flyers - $375.55
11/16 Banner - $900.00
11/18 Banner - $575.00
11/25 Banner - $625.00
-------------------------
Total: $4,350.55

Current Paypal Balance: $1,984.05
Total Donations Received: $6,334.60Assuming that SOC will not be giving out any leftover money to charity this off season unless Pioli and Crennel are both announced as gone, correct or not?

Reerun_KC
12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Are the SOC leaders and members done with the sympathy bullshit for Crennel and Pioli?

Can we get back to business?

Easy 6
12-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Are the SOC leaders and members done with the sympathy bullshit for Crennel and Pioli?

Getting too aggressive and mouthy without having the perfect message, could undo all of the hard won, nationwide good will.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 02:40 PM

Seriously... time to get back to business.

Obviously it was the right call to hold off last week, but it is time to continue the movement full force.

Fat Scott is already trying to capitalize off what happened last week to save his job.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Getting too aggressive and mouthy without having the perfect message, could undo all of the hard won, nationwide good will.

SOC has the perfect message... Fire Fat Scott/Romeo and end this historic suckage.

Pretty simple.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 02:41 PM
CLEANING HOUSE WILL HEAL ALL - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Can we get back to business?I don't think it has to do with sympathy. If the SOC wants to win the PR battle with the Chiefs, we have to be cautious and not come off as a bunch of whiny assholes. The Chiefs have a multi million $ PR arm to sell their viewpoint. One perceived nasty act is all it would take for many Chief fans who are sympathetic to our views to turn on us.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Assuming that SOC will not be giving out any leftover money to charity this off season unless Pioli and Crennel are both announced as gone, correct or not?

Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.If our goal was to have Pioli removed, why would we just fold up our tents, admit failure, when we still have bullets to use?

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.

If you aren't willing to continue fighting the cause that SOC was built on... promoting change within the Chiefs organization then you should do everyone a favor and step aside and let other people take over.

You collected $$$ from people with one primary purpose... get rid of Fat Scott and Romeo.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Because ultimately the fans will decide with their wallets whether or not they approve next year. This was all about money already spent for this year.

Hammock Parties
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Can't wait to see our SRS after this game. Should have secured the worst team in franchise history with this. Also the worst point differential.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Not.

Dude, the absolute worst thing is give in to the sympathy BS. Campaigning flyovers can still be done with wording tact.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Dude, the absolute worst thing is give in to the sympathy BS. Campaigning flyovers can still be done with wording tact.

This is what Fat Scott is counting on.

pr_capone
If our goal was to have Pioli removed, why would we just fold up our tents, admit failure, when we still have bullets to use?

Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

At the end of the season... it really comes down to the people who supported SOC and their mission. Will YOU keep investing your time and money in the Kansas City Chiefs. Will people act on their displeasure and not renew season tickets? Will they pay for parking?

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.

Tribal Warfare
I don't think it has to do with sympathy. If the SOC wants to win the PR battle with the Chiefs, we have to be cautious and not come off as a bunch of whiny assholes. The Chiefs have a multi million $ PR arm to sell their viewpoint. One perceived nasty act is all it would take for many Chief fans who are sympathetic to our views to turn on us.

Some will believe that no matter what.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

At the end of the season... it really comes down to the people who supported SOC and their mission. Will YOU keep investing your time and money in the Kansas City Chiefs. Will people act on their displeasure and not renew season tickets? Will they pay for parking?

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.

:clap:

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 02:57 PM
If you aren't willing to continue fighting the cause that SOC was built on... promoting change within the Chiefs organization then you should do everyone a favor and step aside and let other people take over.

You collected $$$ from people with one primary purpose... get rid of Fat Scott and Romeo.

This is the way it was going down from the very beginning. We have said from the beginning that the money would be donated to the B&G's clubs of KC at the end of the season. This is nothing new.

Tribal Warfare

So you are going to make a unilateral decision with the groups money

Mr. Flopnuts
The Blackout made a strong statement to Clark. It's in their hands now. One final, awesome, perfectly worded banner is all that's left. Maybe wrap it up with some nice charitable act as well, before giving the money to charity. I agree with this line of thinking 100%.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 02:58 PM
So you are going to make a unilateral decision with the groups money

It has been stated for weeks. This is not new information.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM

If you have no intention of continuing the SOC cause after the season... even if Fat Scott/Romeo are retained then you should spend all the $$$ you have collected during these last few weeks on continuing to promote their firings. You should also stop collecting any new money.

People aren't giving you money to give to charity. If people want to give to charity they have endless direct ways to do so... Red Cross, Feed the Children, etc.

The fact you have decided to go out on such a whimper is frankly disappointing.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2012, 03:00 PM
It has been stated for weeks. This is not new information.

Bullshit, giving up now is new to me. We've had polls saying we should still soldier on with the cause with over 60% majority in favor of keeping the flyovers.

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.I agree that is a valid option to take the SOC.

What I don't think is an option, is not to spend money to remove Pioli before seasons end, to try to save money for the Boy Scouts.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Bullshit, giving up now is new to me. We've had polls saying we should still soldier on with the cause with over 60% majority in favor of keeping the flyovers.

:spock: Then you haven't been reading or paying attention to this thread, Facebook, Twitter, or the television interviews.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 03:02 PM
What's the point of doing anything next year? It's childish at that point. You don't like the regime? Quit supporting the team financially. Quit supporting their sponsors. Flyovers would look fucking stupid next year, IMO.

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 03:04 PM
It has been stated for weeks. This is not new information.It is to me. I just gave another $50.00 to fund more activities after the last banner flying at the request of SOC for more funding.

Not doing anything else with the contributed money is not okay with me and I bet many others. Please tell me there is some kind of misunderstanding.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
If you have no intention of continuing the SOC cause after the season... even if Fat Scott/Romeo are retained then you should spend all the $$$ you have collected during these last few weeks on continuing to promote their firings. You should also stop collecting any new money.

People aren't giving you money to give to charity. If people want to give to charity they have endless direct ways to do so... Red Cross, Feed the Children, etc.

The fact you have decided to go out on such a whimper is frankly disappointing.

What did you expect? That we would continue to fly witty banners over Arrowhead indefinitely?

It was decided back in late October that any funds exceeding the needs of the campaign would be donated to the Boys & Girls clubs of KC. We do not yet know what we intend to do for the Colts game.

12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
:spock: Then you haven't been reading or paying attention to this thread, Facebook, Twitter, or the television interviews.

Really? The stated mission of SOC is pretty simple:

A group of fans dedicated to changing the culture at Arrowhead and returning a winning team to Kansas City.

I don't see anything in there about transforming into the Red Cross.

SOC has collected money under false pretenses if you don't use it for the stated cause... changing the culture and returning a winning team to KC.

Donating to charities doesn't accomplish that.

Fat Scott will watch you donate to charities and laugh as he uses the tragedy last week to save his job.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
What's the point of doing anything next year? It's childish at that point. You don't like the regime? Quit supporting the team financially. Quit supporting their sponsors. Flyovers would look fucking stupid next year, IMO.

Next year if Scott is here I'm finished as a Chiefs fan, KC was one more home game and this sympathy bullshit gives the franchise uses it as an excuse to keep Pioli.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.

It's a major dupe if they stop the Indy flyover from transpiring.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 03:09 PM

We plan on doing something for the Colts game, yes. dunno what tho.

BigRedChief
I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.Like I said, I'm okay with stopping at the end of this year. I'm not okay with stopping all activities with that amount of money in the bank.

With that amount of money, there should be at least two banners flown at the final game.

Mr. Flopnuts
I think we ought to fly for Indy, maybe something else, I dunno, I'm just talking about next year.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Really? The stated mission of SOC is pretty simple:

A group of fans dedicated to changing the culture at Arrowhead and returning a winning team to Kansas City.

I don't see anything in there about transforming into the Red Cross.

SOC has collected money under false pretenses if you don't use it for the stated cause... changing the culture and returning a winning team to KC.

Donating to charities doesn't accomplish that.

Fat Scott will watch you donate to charities and laugh as he uses the tragedy last week to save his job.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9050915&postcount=4876

10/26

edited OP

I want to address this so there is no question. If Pioli is fired, we will immediately cancel the two banners, we will take all remaining funds in the paypal account and donate those funds to the Boys & Girls Club in KC, and I personally guarantee that I will renew my season tickets. If he isn't fired following the season, SOC will cease to operate, all funds will be donated to charity, and I will put by STH jersey on a hanger until he is. Now there is no maybe about it.

Pioli must go. There can be no other end to this. He may be a fantastic GM in the sense that he makes you a lot money but that is only one part of his job. His first choice was to marry this team to a never was QB. Never has the term "ball and chain" been a more fitting analogy to the effect Cassel has had on this team. I could rattle on for paragraph upon paragraph on his failings but they have been expounded upon amateurs like us with the Pioli Facts (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nQtFpV6F1CiSloh_01lwwDT-8uZvQy9VyvIaW70EkLc/edit?pli=1) and by professionals on ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8550269/flaws-chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-exposed), S&I.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/10/23/hot-seat-gms/index.html#ixzz2AB1zKwzR), and msn.foxsports.com (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/whitlock-nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-fans-anger-directed-toward-gm-owner-not-matt-cassel-100812).

You were at the stadium 10/7 and you heard Cassel boo'd mercilessly every time he took the field. That wasn't organized. Those were individuals spontaneously expressing their anger and they all agreed. We aren't a small minority and we are very unhappy.

Mr. Flopnuts
Like I said, I'm okay with stopping at the end of this year. I'm not okay with stopping all activities with that amount of money in the bank.

With that amount of money, there should be at least two banners flown at the final game.

We need something creative with some of that money. 2 banners isn't going to do anymore than 1. We need some creativity.

It's a major dupe if they stop the Indy flyover from transpiring.

I'm just asking for clarification is all. He always said the funds would go to charity at the end of the season. He didn't just make that up recently. I just, ant to make certain one or even two banners fly for the colts game. You have to go out with a major splash.

pr_capone
Like I said, I'm okay with stopping at the end of this year. I'm not okay with stopping all activities with that amount of money in the bank.

We are stopping at the end of the year... not before the Indi game.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Let's make up a "Worst Executive in Franchise History" award certificate, turn it into a printable PDF file, and have a mass mailing of them to 1 Arrowhead Dr. That's just off the top of my head. We NEED something creative.

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 03:13 PM
We need something creative with some of that money. 2 banners isn't going to do anymore than 1. We need some creativity.I'm cool with that too. Just not cool with keeping the money unspent before the season is over.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm just asking for clarification is all. He always said the funds would go to charity at the end of the season. He didn't just make that up recently. I just, ant to make certain one PR even two banners fly for the colts game. You have to go out with a major splash.

I know about the charity stuff, it's the indy flyover was asking for clarification on also because the way it sounded it seemed like they are stopping the campaign in general because of the Belcher thing.

BigRedChief
12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
We are stopping at the end of the year... not before the Indi game.cool beans.:thumb:

You guys have run this thing the right way. We just to finish it the right way.

FloridaMan88
12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by pr_capone
I want to address this so there is no question. If Pioli is fired, we will immediately cancel the two banners, we will take all remaining funds in the paypal account and donate those funds to the Boys & Girls Club in KC, and I personally guarantee that I will renew my season tickets. If he isn't fired following the season, SOC will cease to operate, all funds will be donated to charity, and I will put by STH jersey on a hanger until he is. Now there is no maybe about it.

Pioli must go. There can be no other end to this. He may be a fantastic GM in the sense that he makes you a lot money but that is only one part of his job. His first choice was to marry this team to a never was QB. Never has the term "ball and chain" been a more fitting analogy to the effect Cassel has had on this team. I could rattle on for paragraph upon paragraph on his failings but they have been expounded upon amateurs like us with the Pioli Facts and by professionals on ESPN.com, S&I.com, and msn.foxsports.com.

You were at the stadium 10/7 and you heard Cassel boo'd mercilessly every time he took the field. That wasn't organized. Those were individuals spontaneously expressing their anger and they all agreed. We aren't a small minority and we are very unhappy.

You should ensure that there is a zero balance of $$$ by the end of the season so all funds that have been donated will have been used the for the ORIGINAL, stated mission of the SOC movement.

If you don't have any intentions of continuing SOC after the season, then why don't you ensure all the money collected for the cause has been spent by then... on the mission the cause was founded on?

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
You should ensure that there is a zero balance of $$$ by the end of the season so all funds that have been donated will have been used the for the ORIGINAL, stated mission of the SOC movement.

If you don't have any intentions of continuing SOC after the season, then why don't you ensure all the money collected for the cause has been spent by then... on the mission the cause was founded on?

We were well on our way to doing just that until we had to cancel the banner flying over the Panther's game.

patteeu
12-09-2012, 03:32 PM
We need something creative with some of that money. 2 banners isn't going to do anymore than 1. We need some creativity.

Hire someone to fly a banner over radio row* at the Super Bowl:

WISH YOU WERE HERE AND PIOLI WAS GONE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Hire someone to fly a banner over radio row* at the Super Bowl:

WISH YOU WERE HERE AND PIOLI WAS GONE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

5 characters too many. But I like it.

bevischief
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Highest paid GM=losing Saveourchiefs.com

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Change springs Hope- SaveOurChiefs.com

Bring Hope, New Regime-SaveOurChiefs.com

-King-
12-09-2012, 04:08 PM
(# of blowouts) BLOWOUTS SINCE PIOLI. FIRE PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Buehler445
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Let's make up a "Worst Executive in Franchise History" award certificate, turn it into a printable PDF file, and have a mass mailing of them to 1 Arrowhead Dr. That's just off the top of my head. We NEED something creative.

I'd send a couple.

OnTheWarpath15
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
(# of blowouts) BLOWOUTS SINCE PIOLI. FIRE PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Blowouts are open to interpretation.

Just use the record, it's damning enough.

23-39 OVER 4 YEARS - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

23 WINS IN 4 YEARS - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

bevischief
12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Highest paid GM=Blowouts SaveourChiefs.com

Easy 6
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
The Blackout made a strong statement to Clark. It's in their hands now. One final, awesome, perfectly worded banner is all that's left. Maybe wrap it up with some nice charitable act as well, before giving the money to charity. I agree with this line of thinking 100%.

100% percent of THIS.

Why not go ahead with the food drive under a different tag, it'd be a WIN all the way around.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
23-39 OVER 4 YEARS - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

My favorite. I suggested this one a while back. Clean and to the point.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
How much would it cost to fly a longer banner? Something that allowed more characters?

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
How much would it cost to fly a longer banner? Something that allowed more characters?

It isn't about money but legality.