PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli on THIN ICE

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Scott Pioli / Chiefs — Pioli was brought on by Chiefs owner Clark Hunt in 2009 to reshape the roster and change the direction of the team. Pioli was asked to turn the Chiefs into the Patriots of the Midwest, and the early results smacked of great, quick progress. Pioli and head coach Todd Haley turned around from 4-12 in 2009 to 10-6 and a playoff appearance in ’10. Optimism followed in 2011, but the team yinged and yanged to a last-place appearance last season, with Haley getting fired. Pioli reached to his past, promoting defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel as Haley’s replacement, and the team’s 0-2 start this season raised serious pressure for head coach and GM. Two Kansas City writers attacked Pioli — far more than Crennel — for the team’s lack of talent, depth and, notably, a franchise quarterback. Could Pioli be in trouble with a losing season? Perhaps, but he has improved Hunt’s product (at worst, financially) and remains close to the owner.

GM: “I don't think the Bill Parcells style of being a (jerk) works. The game is too (expletive) hard — you might as well enjoy where you are working and enjoy working with (your) people. That style and where they get that, I don't get it. … Kansas City has an intimidating, scare-tactic style of doing business. As long as he has the owner fooled, he’ll be fine. I don’t think he’s in immediate danger, but I don’t see the team getting better. … If Scott doesn't know the difference between Shaun Rogers and Kelly Gregg, he's in trouble.”

Former Chiefs front-office employee: “Pioli could get run out in K.C and Romeo might get a pass for a year or two, the same way Lovie (Smith) did when (Jerry) Angelo got run out. They might let some money burn off his contract first before they fire him and start the clock over. It would give a new GM time to hire the next coach and turn it around."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/10/01/up-to-8-10-gms-could-be-on-shaky-ground

Dartgod
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Scott Pioli / Chiefs — Pioli was brought on by Chiefs owner Clark Hunt in 2009 to reshape the roster and change the direction of the team. Pioli was asked to turn the Chiefs into the Patriots of the Midwest, and the early results smacked of great, quick progress. Pioli and head coach Todd Haley turned around from 4-12 in 2009 to 10-6 and a playoff appearance in ’10. Optimism followed in 2011, but the team yinged and yanged to a last-place appearance last season, with Haley getting fired. Pioli reached to his past, promoting defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel as Haley’s replacement, and the team’s 0-2 start this season raised serious pressure for head coach and GM. Two Kansas City writers attacked Pioli — far more than Crennel — for the team’s lack of talent, depth and, notably, a franchise quarterback. Could Pioli be in trouble with a losing season? Perhaps, but he has improved Hunt’s product (at worst, financially) and remains close to the owner.

GM: “I don't think the Bill Parcells style of being a (jerk) works. The game is too (expletive) hard — you might as well enjoy where you are working and enjoy working with (your) people. That style and where they get that, I don't get it. … Kansas City has an intimidating, scare-tactic style of doing business. As long as he has the owner fooled, he’ll be fine. I don’t think he’s in immediate danger, but I don’t see the team getting better. … If Scott doesn't know the difference between Shaun Rogers and Kelly Gregg, he's in trouble.”

Former Chiefs front-office employee: “Pioli could get run out in K.C and Romeo might get a pass for a year or two, the same way Lovie (Smith) did when (Jerry) Angelo got run out. They might let some money burn off his contract first before they fire him and start the clock over. It would give a new GM time to hire the next coach and turn it around."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/10/01/up-to-8-10-gms-could-be-on-shaky-ground

Not very current, no?

HemiEd
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
0-2 start? Old news.

KCUnited
10-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Former Chiefs front-office employee: “They might let some money burn off his contract first before they fire him and start the clock over. "

This guy knows his stuff.

TEX
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Pioli isn't going anyhere.

RealSNR
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
This guy knows his stuff.

Heh.

There was a time when sportswriters had to like, get journalism degrees and shit like that, nowutimsayin? They had to know what they were sayin nowutimsayin?

-King-
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
“Pioli could get run out in K.C and Romeo might get a pass for a year or two, the same way Lovie (Smith) did when (Jerry) Angelo got run out.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1563611_f260.jpg

BossChief
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
If they draft Geno and bring in holgoson (sp?) as the oc and hire a dc, I don't care if Romeo is retained.

DaWolf
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
This is the same website that last year stated that the Haley-Pioli relationship wouldn't last the year. The comment from the GM has got to scare you.

I've come to realize that Pioli is a fine lieutenant: give him something to do and he'll go do it and make sure it is done the way you want it done, but put him in charge, and you've got a disaster on your hands.

This should end the same way McDaniels' tenure ended. Can you imagine both Pioli and McDaniels running a franchise together? Clark is going to need to bring in someone to totally change the culture of the front office and reconnect the team with the community like Denver did...

siberian khatru
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
If Scott doesn't know the difference between Shaun Rogers and Kelly Gregg, he's in trouble.

:)

htismaqe
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
This should end the same way McDaniels' tenure ended. Can you imagine both Pioli and McDaniels running a franchise together? Clark is going to need to bring in someone to totally change the culture of the front office and reconnect the team with the community like Denver did...

:bravo:

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Clark is going to need to bring in someone to totally change the culture of the front office and reconnect the team with the community like Denver did...

Who? The only guy that I can think of that would make an impact like that is Trent Green. Does he have any front office aspirations, whatsoever? NewChief?

Maybe Lake Dawson but at this point, the personnel in Tennessee isn't exactly outstanding, nor is the team.

Titty Meat
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
If they draft Geno and bring in holgoson (sp?) as the oc and hire a dc, I don't care if Romeo is retained.

Why would Hologerson leave his head coaching job that pays him 3 million dollars?

htismaqe
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Who? The only guy that I can think of that would make an impact like that is Trent Green. Does he have any front office aspirations, whatsoever? NewChief?

Maybe Lake Dawson but at this point, the personnel in Tennessee isn't exactly outstanding, nor is the team.

There's got to be some ex-Chiefs in personnel jobs out there somewhere.

Rasputin
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Why would Hologerson leave his head coaching job that pays him 3 million dollars?

We could pay him ONE MILLION DOLLARS /mini Clark

Titty Meat
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Clark should hire Doug Whaley as the GM and give a blank check to Cowher.

The guys who've posted on here for awhile won't like it but it won't matter you bring Cowher the stadium will sell out every week the team will be competitive and there will a successful system in place.

RealSNR
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
The guys who've posted on here for awhile won't like it but it won't matter you bring Cowher the stadium will sell out every week the team will be competitive and there will a successful system in place.
Yeah. I'd rather bring back Marty than hire Cowher.

EDIT: And I REALLY don't want to bring back Marty

Besides, Bill appears to really like his cushy-ass job on that awful CBS pre-game show. If I were him I wouldn't go back to coaching.

mcaj22
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
what the hell was that GM's point about the difference between Shaun Rogers and Kelly Gregg....

what in the blue hell is the difference exactly? haha

Bane
10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Lol.Pisoli isn't going anywhere anytime soon just like Casshole will only lose his starting spot to injury.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
what the hell was that GM's point about the difference between Shaun Rogers and Kelly Gregg....

what in the blue hell is the difference exactly? haha

Shaun is black and Kelly is white.

:)