PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jason Whitlock is Money.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason

remember Jon Baldwin's spectacular training camp? Egoli wasted camp time building fantasy Baldwin was terrific to increase leverage w/Bowe

training camp prep devoted 2 contract negotiation w/Bowe rather than team development. Orchestrated practices to make Baldwin appear all pro

The Okie Doke.... Egoli has mastered it. I fell for it when he was in New England, campaigned for him to get Chiefs job. #iapologize

acesn8s
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM

remember Jon Baldwin's spectacular training camp? Egoli wasted camp time building fantasy Baldwin was terrific to increase leverage w/Bowe

training camp prep devoted 2 contract negotiation w/Bowe rather than team development. Orchestrated practices to make Baldwin appear all pro

The Okie Doke.... Egoli has mastered it. I fell for it when he was in New England, campaigned for him to get Chiefs job. #iapologizeAsshole :cuss:

The Franchise
The whole Baldwin angle makes sense. Baldwin stands out in practice.....and then we don't utilize him now that Bowe is there.

DeezNutz
I'd like to call bullshit, but I'm afraid that Pioli is this stupid and pathetic.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Jason Whitlock is fat.

Brock
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
How did he gain any leverage with Bowe? Bowe already knows what he's worth, and so does Pioli.

Rausch
10-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I honestly don't care how big an ass he is. Don't care at all.

I care that he consistently fields teams that aren't competitive.

DeezNutz
10-01-2012, 04:30 PM
I honestly don't care how big an ass he is. Don't care at all.

I care that he consistently fields teams that aren't competitive.

The problem is that these issues are related. The Chiefs aren't competitive, in large part, because Pioli's priorities are all out of whack.

That and he's fucking stupid.

FAX
10-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Hmmm. That doesn't really wash. I don't believe Bowe wanted to be here at all. I think he's tired of playing with the dregs of the quarterback ranks. I know I would be.

If that's the case, focusing on Baldwin would result in no leverage over Bowe whatsoever.

Swing and a miss for Whittles, in my opinion.

FAX

acesn8s
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
How did he gain any leverage with Bowe? Bowe already knows what he's worth, and so does Pioli.Bowe deserves more after 6 years.

Rausch
10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Bowe deserves more after 6 years.

What he'll get is traded/unsigned.

And he'll be happier than Gonzo was when he left...

saphojunkie
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
What he'll get is traded/unsigned.

And he'll be happier than Gonzo was when he left...

I don't like it, but this is probably true. Unless Pioli is gone the Monday morning after our 15th loss, and Clark calls Bowe to say we're drafting a legit QB and paying him like the bauce he is...

Bye bye.

KCUnited
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I think it was more about showcasing to the fans that we don't need Bowe since Pioli had already decided he wasn't going to pay him.

Rausch
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I think it was more about showcasing to the fans that we don't need Bowe since Pioli had already decided he wasn't going to pay him.

Yup.

Our GM is more concerned with mind games and cap space than quality players.

Guess what Scott: the cap is putty in the hands of a good GM...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Sorry, but that is one of the most fucking retarded things I've heard.

Rausch
10-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry, but that is one of the most ****ing retarded things I've heard.

What's that?...

JohnnyHammersticks
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Like Whitlock or not, one would have to admit that as soon as he got to know Pioli, he pegged him as a complete ego maniacal control freak. Not that it would take Sigmund Freud to diagnose the bald-headed prick's (complete lack of) personality--but Whitlock nailed it from the get-go.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
The whole premise of this. Everyone knows Cassel usually flings it well in camp. It's when the rush comes that he shits his pants. Thier is alot to bitch about, but this is just plain dumb.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
The Chiefs went on their little online video show with Mitch and Looney and basically called out Jeff Chadiha for talking shit against Jon Baldwin, saying he didn't know crap basically, and that he hadn't been at camp to see the glory of Baldween beasting Jalil Brown.

Who's laughing now? Not the Pioli SS.

keg in kc
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Like Whitlock or not, one would have to admit that as soon as he got to know Pioli, he pegged him as a complete ego maniacal control freak. Not that it would take Sigmund Freud to diagnose the bald-headed prick's (complete lack of) personality--but Whitlock nailed it from the get-go.That was never anything more than a temper tantrum over the changes the media relations department made. The irony of it all has been Whitlock slamming somebody else about ego.

SAUTO
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
The whole premise of this. Everyone knows Cassel usually flings it well in camp. It's when the rush comes that he shits his pants. Thier is alot to bitch about, but this is just plain dumb.

agreed.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
That was never anything more than a temper tantrum over the changes the media relations department made.

Evidently not, since he turned out to be right.

You don't like Whitlock, so you want to paint it that way.

But he was right. He didn't just make a baseless characterization.

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Evidently not, since he turned out to be right.

You don't like Whitlock, so you want to paint it that way.

But he was right. He didn't just make a baseless characterization.

He was right for sure. That doesn't mean he was right because he saw it. It very well could have been him being butt-hurt and just turning out to have been right about what he said.

As far as this goes, even though I feel the Baldwin hype was for the fans to calm down, I don't think Baldwin has been some epic fail compared to what they all were saying. I just can't get past blaming Cassel for any fail Baldwin or Breaston have had. Well, atleast for most of it.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I really don't remember Whitlock writing things just because he was butthurt.

Previous example?

Titty Meat
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
The Chiefs went on their little online video show with Mitch and Looney and basically called out Jeff Chadiha for talking shit against Jon Baldwin, saying he didn't know crap basically, and that he hadn't been at camp to see the glory of Baldween beasting Jalil Brown.

Who's laughing now? Not the Pioli SS.

Not even Piolis propaganda umbrella can stop this storm

Rausch
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM

Previous example?

Jeff George?...

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Not even Piolis propaganda umbrella can stop this storm

http://i.imgur.com/4X3VL.gif

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 06:05 PM
That was more of a white knight campaign.

NJChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 06:06 PM

Previous example?

I am not sure he ever did. I do suspect that his first article on Pioli had as much to do with him being butt-hurt as it did about him seeing something below the surface. I don't have proof of this. Just my opinion of Whitlock and what I have seen of him.

I am biased with him. I don't like how he acts and I don't even like most of his sports takes. Especially since joining the national media. His anger at racist remarks followed by him making racist remarks makes him a piece of crap. That being said most of what he has said recently about the Chiefs has not only been correct and necessary, but enjoyable for me to read.

FAX
10-01-2012, 06:07 PM
He was right for sure. That doesn't mean he was right because he saw it. It very well could have been him being butt-hurt and just turning out to have been right about what he said.

As far as this goes, even though I feel the Baldwin hype was for the fans to calm down, I don't think Baldwin has been some epic fail compared to what they all were saying. I just can't get past blaming Cassel for any fail Baldwin or Breaston have had. Well, atleast for most of it.

It's almost impossible to fairly and accurately evaluate the performance of the wide receivers with Cassel at the helm. The same applies to the o-line. Heck, even the defense suffers. The mere fact that we haven't had a lead for one single, solitary second of regulation so far this year testifies that our defense has been playing on their heels.

The sad reality is that there isn't one facet of our team that is not adversely affected by Cassel's play. He may, in fact, be responsible for global warming and the appearance of moles on otherwise pristine and perfect tittahs.

FAX

Marcellus
10-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Yea Baldwin has looked really horrible when the idiots have let him on the field.

qabbaan
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
If we wanted to keep Bowe at a discount, the best way would have been to improve the QB position. If we'd been close to contending he'd be more likely to want to stay

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to sign elsewhere.

qabbaan
10-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Yea Baldwin has looked really horrible when the idiots have let him on the field.

I don't think this season says less about Baldwin. All the receivers are underutilized until garbage time

Marcellus
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't think this season says less about Baldwin. All the receivers are underutilized until garbage time

That was sarcasm. Baldwin has looked just fine out there and with a QB who knows how good he could be.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM

He has such a world beater at QB flinging too. Sooooo accurate on those deep balls under stress!!!!

Baby Lee
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
This team is a lot like the Tony Banks era Rams.

Difference being, in the 98/99 offseason, the ownership [at the insistence of some players] sat Vermeil down and said, this is your QB, this is his b/u, this sf your O-Coord, and here's how you'll run your practices.

Otter
10-01-2012, 07:07 PM
I've actually thought about the "egoli" and Whitlock angle a couple times since the first game. Sorry JW.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
This team is a lot like the Tony Banks era Rams.

Difference being, in the 98/99 offseason, the ownership [at the insistence of some players] sat Vermeil down and said, this is your QB, this is his b/u, this sf your O-Coord, and here's how you'll run your practices.

Vermeil orchestrated the trade for Trent Green, I'm pretty sure. He succeeded Banks, yes?

Romeo will do no such thing. Nor will Pioli, who has a life debt with Cassel.

Coogs
10-01-2012, 08:08 PM
I've actually thought about the "egoli" and Whitlock angle a couple times since the first game. Sorry JW.

I kind of actually like seeing Bowe point to the back of his jersey when he scores this season. I take it as his way of flipping Pioli the finger... which I would like to do too!

Fritz88
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
People here will go to great lengths to not admit that JW was right. JW has been a huge loss to KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
So Pioli took control of the media and make them say that Baldwin was beasting? Did he also take control of posters on the internet and make them say the same thing?

FAX
10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
People here will go to great lengths to not admit that JW was right. JW has been a huge loss to KC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speaking solely for myself and the little man who lives in my thumb, I have admitted publicly that Whittles was right about Dr. Evil. It was a very difficult moment, but I did it.

However, I reserve the right to not accept everything that Whittles says or writes or imagines or exudes from his ginormous, overused asspipe just because he is correct on occasion. I can't help feeling like he has an agenda that tends to color the truth from time to time.

FAX