PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Parking Nazi's and Chiefs/Royals

Coach
10-01-2012, 11:35 PM
:facepalm:

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/01/use-of-handicapped-parking-scrutinized-at-arrowhead-stadium/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A Chiefs fan is disgruntled after Sunday’s game against the San Diego Chargers — but not because the Chiefs lost. He’s frustrated over alleged misuse of handicapped parking spaces.

Chris Sampson said his friend took cell phone video of what appeared to be an able-bodied person — parked in a handicapped parking space — load a wheelchair with party supplies then walk away. Sampson said the driver of the car used a disabled parking mirror tag.

“It’s the biggest insult to all insults in this issue,” Sampson said. “It’s a total disregard to No. 1, what they’re doing — and No. 2, who’s around them seeing it.”

Sampson isn’t alone. Pete Williams works for The Whole Person, a non-profit group that assists disabled people in learning to live independently. He, like Sampson, uses a lift-van and needs the bigger disabled parking space so his wheelchair can access the van. Both he and Sampson said parking attendants at Arrowhead don’t check close enough.

“They’re directing traffic — park here, park there,” he said. “There should be parking attendants doing some checks, driving around to see if people have the proper tags.”

Sampson said the misuse of handicapped parking has increased over the years.

“There’s no concern for the true need for disable parking out there,” he said.

The Chiefs’ public relations office said it has no comment on the issue. Jim Rowland with the Jackson County Sports Authority said Royals and Arrowhead stadiums share 507 disabled parking spaces, and it’s up to the home ball club — Chiefs or Royals — to staff parking attendants.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Parking ain't gonna be an issue real soon

Dayze
Good thing they gphave that awesome red pass bs now and force me to park in Leavenworth

Bump
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/bestthreadever_ae478b87581a7db9dce762892421b402.png
shit

Raiderhater
10-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Funny, this past summer at a Royals game we had attendant all up in our business because we were taking up a spot to tailgate in. I really wanted to tell her to look around and see if she could see a car with out a place to park. That, and one of the attendants inside the stadium really pissed me off. You would think these people would be coached to treat the few fans who are still coming out supporting that joke of a franchise with a little more leeway. If the Royals don't make some serious moves this offseason they will be getting the same boycott treatment from me I'm now giving the Chiefs. I'm sick of this shit.

qabbaan
10-02-2012, 05:12 AM
There always used to be more able bodied people than not parking in those spaces.

Saulbadguy
10-02-2012, 05:51 AM
what appeared to be an able-bodied person

Sorry - but that's bullshit. They could have a disability that makes it difficult for them to walk a far distance, you can't always tell that from looking at them.

acasas4
10-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Sorry - but that's bullshit. They could have a disability that makes it difficult for them to walk a far distance, you can't always tell that from looking at them.
Yep. A friend of mine has emphysema and needs the closer parking.

FAX
10-02-2012, 07:27 AM
There are numerous disabilities that aren't immediately visible.

Like spleenism, for example. You don't walk with your spleen. The spleen is an internal organ for removing all the splee from your blood. When a dude has spleenism, he has way too much splee in his bloodstream and there's nowhere for that splee to go and it just builds up in your system until you're about 90% splee and really the only way you can tell is to pop a guy on the noodle and see how much splee comes out his ears. If it's a lot, then you've found yourself a spleener. Otherwise, you've just found yourself a real pissed off dude.

FAX

Predarat
10-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Parking Nazis and Usher Nazis are the worst thing ever.

Molitoth
10-02-2012, 07:51 AM
These people should drive around a walmart to make themselves feel better.
About 80 handicap spots right up front not being used.

ClearmontChief
10-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Thank you.

I have a handicap placard and park there at Arrowhead.

Just because someone is handicapped doesn't necessarilly mean wheel-chair bound. I'm a Retired Military Veteran with a bad back that causes sciatica when sitting too long. I travel from near Omaha, 3 hours, for the game. So, my sciatica is flared up and walking a long distance difficult. I get out of my vehicle you can't see that, it's not apparent that I have an issue.

ElGringo
10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
This is not a problem at Arrowhead Stadium, this is a problem everywhere. I know several people still in the states that have handicapped parking passes that are in no way handicapped. Does it piss me off every time I ride with them and they pull it out to park closer, yes. Will me being upset do anything about it, no.

What really needs to happen is someone needs to police this. You have to have a doctors signature to get a parking pass. If the parking pass is in your name and you don't have any handicap, then they should go after the doctor. If the name on the parking pass isn't on the vehicle, you should get one hell of a fine.