PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I told you so...people are already buying it...

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Just heard Petro say "if the Chiefs lose 13-0 but are +/- 0 in turnovers, Matt Cassel will have done his job."

14-18, 121 yards, no interceptions...they will declare Matt Cassel is "fine".

gblowfish
10-05-2012, 09:24 AM
It's a quality loss.

Buehler445
10-05-2012, 09:25 AM
:Lin:

Deberg_1990
Wow, reach for the stars Pioli.

KCrockaholic
Moral victory.

L.A. Chieffan
It's a team game

Bane
10-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Fuck him.

MIAdragon
10-05-2012, 09:27 AM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk287/mottlock/animated.gif

jd1020
10-05-2012, 09:27 AM
So we aren't going to pass the ball once? Cool.

The Franchise
10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
I still wouldn't be surprised if Cassel comes out of this game with a "mysterious" injury.

In58men
10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Your choice

qabbaan
QBs are just there to hand the ball off and throw dump offs and screens. You guys think they are there to lead a complete offense? To go win a game for the team?

Petro must be the ultimate shill if he thinks a QB whose offense is shut out did his job.

Chest Rockwell
Somebody needs the > bad ≠ good talk again.

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
ater watching the Rams play last night.....I may be forced to only care about them the rest of the season. Been a Chiefs fan only my entire life. Sounds like band wagoning for the Rams...I know, don't care. Sounds like abandoning the Chiefs, I know, don't care. I will care when Hunt and Pioli care

Mr. Flopnuts
I still wouldn't be surprised if Cassel comes out of this game with a "mysterious" injury.

Yep. It will seal Pioli's fate. Next year. It will be 2014 before we have any chance of seeing change. Queue up the Sorry pic.

Dave Lane

And it might be THIS mysterious.

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Somebody needs the > bad ≠ good talk again.

That would be me. I trademarked it.

I love Mr. Dio but I guess it's time to put it back in my sig... :banghead:

TEX
10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
ater watching the Rams play last night.....I may be forced to only care about them the rest of the season. Been a Chiefs fan only my entire life. Sounds like band wagoning for the Rams...I know, don't care. Sounds like abandoning the Chiefs, I know, don't care. I will care when Hunt and Pioli care

Good Young QB and a GOOD COACH...They're headed in the right direction.

Buehler445
10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Well, at least the good thing is that the probability of us holding the Ravens to 13 points is slim to none.

Lonewolf Ed
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Cassel could have to leave the game with a hip bruise from repeatedly dropping to the turf in the fetal position as the Ravens defense swarms him.

BossChief
10-05-2012, 09:39 AM
This is Pioli throwing the rest of his hand picked team under the bus through the media then.

I can't wait till these guys are gone.

Chest Rockwell
10-05-2012, 09:40 AM
That would be me. I trademarked it.

I love Mr. Dio but I guess it's time to put it back in my sig... :banghead:

:thumb: That's why I brought it up.

Being a Chief's fan makes me understand what Phil Connors must have felt like...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0aj9FO8NA2KYlzHmK4W1bpDeGTQKIeAULl72l0eHEB9umsBTU

Dayze
10-05-2012, 09:53 AM
LMAO; Cassel going 14-18.

they do realize to acquire those numbers, he actually has to throw the ball.

-King-
10-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Cool story bro.

Buehler445
10-05-2012, 09:55 AM

they do realize to acquire those numbers, he actually has to throw the ball in a manner in which the receiver has an opportunity to CATCH THE FUCKING BALL Jesus fucking tapdancing Christ! Cassel couldn't hit the ocean if he fell out of a boat. Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel!.

FYP

jd1020
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM

They may start counting pitches to the RB as a completed pass.

Beef Supreme
10-05-2012, 10:01 AM
"If Matt Cassel doesn't shit the bed, he will have done his job."

redfan
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
McLovin' said the Chiefs will win V the Ravens. He picked the Chiefs to beat GB last year. What does it mean? Not a damn thing. :shrug:

Death2CasselFans
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Ravens are similar to the Falcons. They're transitioning from a conservative run team to a passing team.

Notice all these teams who want to win a superbowl are all transitioning to passing teams?

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM

Those are my numbers.

Realistically, he's not gonna throw the ball less than 15 times.

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Now Petro is badgering his guest (I believe it's Bob Glauber) into declaring that Jeff Fisher is some kind of genius.

Death2CasselFans
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
If they're going to limit Cassel's numbers of throws, we will get blown out

Its better to turn ball over and throw downfield than dink and dunk in a shoot out type of game.

ptlyon
10-05-2012, 10:45 AM
I wish I could be mediocre & paid 63 mil

The Bad Guy
10-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Petro is such a fucking reject. If that's what he classifies as doing his job, then he needs to get the fuck out too.

the Talking Can
10-05-2012, 10:50 AM
$60 mill for a franchise QB, and all we ask him to do is not poop his pants in public...

this franchise, and every asshole that defends even a tiny piece of it, can die in a flaming cosmos of aids...

blaise
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Reminds me of the David Carr era in Houston. People trying to find any way to tell you he doesn't actually suck.

Rasputin
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
QBs are just there to hand the ball off and throw dump offs and screens. You guys think they are there to lead a complete offense? To go win a game for the team?

Petro must be the ultimate shill if he thinks a QB whose offense is shut out did his job.

Screens huh. Too risky you know what I mean. LMAO

BoneKrusher
10-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Just heard Petro say "if the Chiefs lose 13-0 but are +/- 0 in turnovers, Matt Cassel will have done his job."

that's like saying Yeah "Our QB sucks but not that bad".LMAO

gblowfish
10-05-2012, 11:06 AM

You mean, like a Yeast Infection?

Raiderhater
10-05-2012, 11:07 AM
You mean, like a Yeast Infection?

LMAO

boogblaster
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
the candy-wrapper magnet needs to go and take his 60 mill F'up with him .....

bricks
10-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I can't see Matt Cassel going 14-18 passing w/ 0 int's. Not against a good defense like Baltimore. Are you kidding me?

Baltimore will get in his face and AT LEAST force a turnover or two. You know that's bound to happen. Come on guys.

And you know if the Chiefs fall behind 21-0, which is a great possibility, then the likelihood of turnovers will increase significantly if we have to rely on the passing game to try and get us back into the game.

Why is this guy mentioning Cassel going 14-18 w/ 0 int's is beyond me? Why are some even thinking of those type of stats when they don't reflect a realistic situation?

FAX
10-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I can't see Matt Cassel going 14-18 passing w/ 0 int's. Not against a good defense like Baltimore. Are you kidding me?

Baltimore will get in his face and AT LEAST force a turnover or two. You know that's bound to happen. Come on guys.

And you know if the Chiefs fall behind 21-0, which is a great possibility, then the likelihood of turnovers will increase significantly if we have to rely on the passing game to try and get us back into the game.

Why is this guy mentioning Cassel going 14-18 w/ 0 int's is beyond me? Why are some even thinking of those type of stats when they don't reflect a realistic situation?

It is a tad confusing, Mr. bricks.

I think what everybody is trying to get at is that the expectations for Cassel are those of a "game manager" type quarterback. Those kinds of stats would be satisfactory if you didn't ask anything more from him.

It's about lowering expectations to the bare minimum and still call yourself a professional football player.

FAX

bowener
10-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Based on the evidence from this season alone, Baltimore will be up 13-0 by the middle of the first quarter. Boos will fall like massive boulders of hail upon Cassel's fragile remains of a twig-like ego. Team doctors will have to drag him off the field in the fetal position, and force feed him klonopin. The end is nigh!

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Those numbers are MINE. I'm the one that said I could see Cassel going 14-18 with 0 INTs.

He's had many, many games in his career where they've limited his passes and he's had that kind of stat line.

Of course, that all hinges on the defense keeping the game close.

Everybody is expecting a blowout. I'm not. I'm expecting the Chiefs to completely screw up their draft position.

ModSocks
10-05-2012, 01:05 PM

How fucking pathetic.

Substandard QB play is the standard for Excellence in KC

oldandslow
10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Now Petro is badgering his guest (I believe it's Bob Glauber) into declaring that Jeff Fisher is some kind of genius.

No genius, but he's a damn site better than what we ended up with. I watched a Rams team last nite that looked like they at least knew what a football was.

Rams run a 4-3, drafted a couple of ends and are good to go...

We decide a 3-4 is the only thing in the world that will work, draft 15 zillion DL's and still can't hit the QB.

DeezNutz
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Petro hates Cassel, so saying that he will have "done his job" is relative. The point being, the player sucks shit. Everyone knows this. Thus, "his job" is to mitigate how much his suck negatively (and exponentially) affects the rest of the team.

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 01:17 PM
No genius, but he's a damn site better than what we ended up with. I watched a Rams team last nite that looked like they at least knew what a football was.

Rams run a 4-3, drafted a couple of ends and are good to go...

We decide a 3-4 is the only thing in the world that will work, draft 15 zillion DL's and still can't hit the QB.

Petro is a big fan of Martyball. He's coming around slowly to the modern NFL but he still has fits of mediocrity...

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Petro hates Cassel, so saying that he will have "done his job" is relative. The point being, the player sucks shit. Everyone knows this. Thus, "his job" is to mitigate how much his suck negatively (and exponentially) affects the rest of the team.

He hates Cassel now. He spent a lot of time the past 2 seasons focusing on the offensive line. He always wants to draft a LT.

It has taken him some time to realize what the modern NFL is about but he still has relapses once in a while...

oldandslow
10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Petro is a big fan of Martyball. He's coming around slowly to the modern NFL but he still has fits of mediocrity...

I am a big fan of MartyDEFENSE. Haven't seen it since 3 or 4 years before Marty left.

I understand your offense argument, but I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

DeezNutz
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
It has taken him some time to realize what the modern NFL is about but he still has relapses once in a while...

LMAO.

No doubt. Kietzman has probably been the most vocal guy on 810 for a first-round QB. It reminds me of CP...three years ago.

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I am a big fan of MartyDEFENSE. Haven't seen it since 3 or 4 years before Marty left.

I understand your offense argument, but I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

The thing is, shut down defenses don't really exist anymore.

The one thing Marty's defenses did was take the ball away. Honestly, that's what a team needs more than anything else.

Score lots of point and take the ball away. It won't matter how many yards you give up.

oldandslow
10-05-2012, 01:36 PM
The thing is, shut down defenses don't really exist anymore.

The one thing Marty's defenses did was take the ball away. Honestly, that's what a team needs more than anything else.

Score lots of point and take the ball away. It won't matter how many yards you give up.

That's why I have no problems with picks like Berry (even if he doesn't work out). He may turn out to be a ball hawk yet. My problem is with the 3-4 as we currently run it. I would take a defense like the Rams any day of the week, because they get to the QB.

Again, I agree with your points about the QB and the offense.

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
That's why I have no problems with picks like Berry (even if he doesn't work out). He may turn out to be a ball hawk yet. My problem is with the 3-4 as we currently run it. I would take a defense like the Rams any day of the week, because they get to the QB.

Again, I agree with your points about the QB and the offense.

I heard somebody the other day talking about how sacks are completely overrated.

It's all about pressures because pressures force bad throws and bad throws result in turnovers.

Aggressive is the name of the game, on both sides of the ball. We're the opposite, on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

:banghead:

MotherfuckerJones
10-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I want the Defense to play awesome and show signs of life. I want Cassel to suck which he will so it keeps showing we need a real QB

ptlyon
10-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I heard somebody the other day talking about how sacks are completely overrated.

It's all about pressures because pressures force bad throws and bad throws result in turnovers.

Aggressive is the name of the game, on both sides of the ball. We're the opposite, on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

Was it DEB?

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I want the Defense to play awesome and show signs of life. I want Cassel to suck which he will so it keeps showing we need a real QB

The defense playing awesome is precisely what I'm worried about.

If the defense plays it close the vest, and the running game has a bit of life, they can go to a shell in the passing game and make it close, if not win.

That's the last thing we need right now.

Dave Lane
10-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Amen brother. Amen.

Attack attack attack.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2012, 04:56 PM
This D isn't gonna play well.

The Ravens LEAD the AFC in yards per play.

10-05-2012, 05:13 PM

Man, talk about setting the bar a millimeter off the ground. JFC

Hammock Parties
10-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Wrong.

Everywhere I turn people are done with Cassel.

The only thing that will bring them back is winning.

gretnanefan
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
we drive down from nebraska since 2001 it hurts to see my chiefs look so bad need to get into little clarks pocketbook

ILChief
10-05-2012, 07:53 PM

I've thought that all week. I think he could end up on IR to save him the embarrassment of being benched

BossChief
10-05-2012, 10:13 PM

And the potential is there for them to do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

I know you weren't here in 2009, but would you have been on board with what I was calling for:

Decosta for GM (Pioli was my second choice)
Kirk Ferentz for HC
Keep Chan Gailey as OC
Wade Phillips for DC (if he was fired in Dallas) or Jim Haslett if Wade kept his job.

I think we would have been sick nasty by now.