PDA

View Full Version : Life any of you try to beat strep throat without going to the Dr?

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't want to go to the damn Dr, but I think I might have strep. Can anyone share some home remedies /experiences?

Saul Good
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Why would you want to? Go to the clinic, get an antibiotic, and you'll feel better by tomorrow.

Scorp
10-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, go to the fucking doctor and get antibiotics! Unless you're a chemist than create your own.

Munson
10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Take some Tussin.

It cures everything.

FAX
10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Gargle with hot salt water. Frequently. Drink tea (green, white, etc.) that is heavy in antioxidants. Take lots of C and E ... especially E.

FAX

Buehler445
10-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Gargle epsom salt water. Drink pissassloads of water, and lots of vitamins.

Or go to the damn doctor.

Scorp
10-05-2012, 03:53 PM
oh and duh.................ANTIFREEZE!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/anti-freezex2.jpg?t=1257292685

Stewie
10-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Remember "Win one for the 'Gipper'?" Strep throat killed that conditioned athlete. Go to the doctor. Urgent care or Walgreens or OSCO have people that can prescribe drugs to kill that nasty infection... if, in fact, that's the problem.

Tribal Warfare
Penicillin, dude get it

pr_capone
I never go to the doc for strep. I just eat a lot of moldy bread.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Acouple years back I had surgery cause I thought I could beat strep.

scho63
10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't want to go to the damn Dr, but I think I might have strep. Can anyone share some home remedies /experiences?

There is none-you need antibiotics and if you have a friend with any leftover unexpired pills then you have your out

|Zach|
10-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Don't mess around with strep hit up the doc.

Get healthy there is a home game the 24th asshole.

WhiteWhale
Yeah... don't try it. Just get the meds. It may be another kind of tonsil infection.

Once when I was 17 I thought I had strep, but only one tonsil was swelled so I figured it would work itself out. When I did got to the doctor (because the swelling was closing my windpipe) he gave me some drugs and lectured me about tonsil infections.

See, since the infection had started working it's way down my throat, I could have been in deep shit had I waited another week or so. He said the only thing they can do at that point is a surgery that requires making an incision through your neck and lancing it. The survival rate on that is 60/40.

So, yeah. Don't wait to see how deep the infection can get...

Ace Gunner
I've had strep too many times. If you are not sure, you don't have it imo. That shit will wreck ya.

Scorp
10-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Acouple years back I had surgery cause I thought I could beat strep.

Damn.......they removed your throat? :bolt:

Al Bundy
10-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Stay the **** away from my side of the complex.

Abba-Dabba
10-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Why would you not want to go to the doctor? Is it because the minimal time it may take out of the day, or another reason?

Antibiotics will make you feel 100x better in 24-48hrs than any homeopathic method will. The amount of time you would feel worse with a homeopathic course of action is much greater than if you just spent the small amount of time getting a prescription antibiotic.

considering the amount of damage strep can create in your body, and I'm talking lifelong damage to your body. Do the right thing, see the damn doctor.

MotherfuckerJones
10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Stop blowing large c**ks! lol jk man

htismaqe
10-05-2012, 04:07 PM
My mother-in-law ended up with an abscess on the brain due to a strep infection that was treated in a timely fashion.

She spent nearly 6 months in the hospital, nearly 6 more months in a wheelchair, and had to re-learn to walk and talk again afterwards.

Go to the ****ing doctor.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I've had strep a few times. Never went to the Dr., I just let it pass.

But then, I rarely get sick. My immune system is pretty rock solid.

wheeler08
10-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I had it last week and it was the worst week ever. I went to urgent care, INS paid for that, then got a Zpack at CVS for $10 and I was better in a few days. Saltwater did help. Drank hot tea too. But it lasted almost a week.

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Shit. I just got home, sorry. Thanks for the replies!

Here's the deal, my tonsils are a little swollen and have a few white specs on them. My body aches, my neck hurts a little, and I feel kind of weak. It's a little bit difficult to breathe, but not horrible, just not normal. It's also difficult to swallow.

I don't have a fever. I haven't been coughing up anything. My sinuses are completely fine. Lymph nodes might be a little swollen but not too bad.

I've been gargling salt water a couple times a day since yesterday, and it has helped. The thing is, I really don't feel that bad yet. What's freaking me out is the swollen tonsils and the white specs on them. Also I've talked to Ask a Nurse and they said that some people don't get fevers when they have strep throat but it's still dangerous.

Scorp
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Shit. I just got home, sorry. Thanks for the replies!

Here's the deal, my tonsils are a little swollen and have a few white specs on them. My body aches, my neck hurts a little, and I feel kind of weak. It's a little bit difficult to breathe, but not horrible, just not normal. It's also difficult to swallow.

I don't have a fever. I haven't been coughing up anything. My sinuses are completely fine. Lymph nodes might be a little swollen but not too bad.

I've been gargling salt water a couple times a day since yesterday, and it has helped. The thing is, I really don't feel that bad yet. What's freaking me out is the swollen tonsils and the white specs on them. Also I've talked to Ask a Nurse and they said that some people don't get fevers when they have strep throat but it's still dangerous.

You have syphilis!

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 05:52 PM
But then, I rarely get sick. My immune system is pretty rock solid.

Same here. I take pretty good care of myself, aside from binge drinking a few times a month. I haven't been sick in a LONG time. I forgot how much it sucks.

Gonzo
10-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Gargle with hot salt water. Frequently. Drink tea (green, white, etc.) that is heavy in antioxidants. Take lots of C and E ... especially E.

FAX

This and ibuprofen for the inflammation.

SAUTO
10-05-2012, 05:54 PM
You shouldn't have been sucking on that AIDS cactus...
Posted via Mobile Device

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 05:56 PM
You have syphilis!

you have syphilis

Scorp
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
you have syphilis

drip...drip...drip :deevee:

Bugeater
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyl4mtP0XC1qewrwz.jpg

R8RFAN
10-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Got to get some anti-biotics dude

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
drip...drip...drip :deevee:

:D

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 06:09 PM
You shouldn't have been sucking on that AIDS cactus...
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously?! which one?

The Iron Chief
10-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I wont even attempt to beat some of the good one liners above but I will say WTF are you thinking strep is on the list of Highly contagious.

While you try to man it out how many people have you been around?

I also avoid going to the doc unless I'm bleeding from the mouth OR have pink eye or Strep!

Get the antibiotics!

If not for you then those your around.

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 06:20 PM
I wont even attempt to beat some of the good one liners above but I will say WTF are you thinking strep is on the list of Highly contagious.

While you try to man it out how many people have you been around?

I also avoid going to the doc unless I'm bleeding from the mouth OR have pink eye or Strep!

Get the antibiotics!

If not for you then those your around.

I warned everyone to keep their distance. I shut the door to my office for most of the day, but I get what you're saying.

SAUTO
10-05-2012, 06:25 PM
You have any animals? Around here the vets will hook up some people with antibiotics cheaply.
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu
10-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Strep is dangerous. If it feels like you've beat it, there's a good chance it's still there doing serious damage, and only your throat feels better. Antibiotics.

KC Jones
10-05-2012, 06:37 PM

Darwin's work is never done.

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Darwin's work is never done.

:thumb:

Luke
10-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Go to Dr, You may just be experiencing the foul taste we all have in our mouths by this set of KC Chiefs,

On a side note thanks to Tribal Warfare for a 17 minute flashback!:thumb:

cabletech94
10-05-2012, 07:33 PM
1. get your tonsils removed
2. be healthy
3. ??????????
4. profit

BWillie
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM

I thought I was going to die when I had strep throat. It was terrible. No idea what would happen if you wouldn't treat it but it would be hell. I lived in Iowa City at the time, had just graduated college and had no health insurance. Luckily, there was a free clinic available and they gave me FREE, COMPLETELY FREE antibiotics and saw me within a few hours. Once I took the antibiotics I felt perfectly fine in like 3 hours. It was crazy

ChiefsLV
10-05-2012, 07:44 PM
tried beating it myself once without the doc. Just ended up getting worse and worse. Would have saved a day or two of being sick if I had just gone in when it started

MOhillbilly
10-05-2012, 07:48 PM
When I woke up in the op room I thought I was frankenstein and they were putting bolts in my neck. Fucked give me a bruise.holding me down. Freaked em out good.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I warned everyone to keep their distance. I shut the door to my office for most of the day, but I get what you're saying.

That's good because strep germs are known to stay within your body as you walk into and out of your work place and everyone knows they can't penetrate a door.

:D

R8RFAN
10-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Symptoms of strep throat usually begin within 2 to 5 days after coming in contact with someone who has a strep infection. Strep throat usually goes away in 3 to 7 days with or without antibiotic treatment. In contrast, if allergies or irritants are the cause of your sore throat, it will usually last longer unless the cause is eliminated.

If strep throat is not treated with antibiotics, you will continue to be contagious for 2 to 3 weeks even if your symptoms go away. You are much less contagious within 24 hours of starting antibiotics and are less likely to develop complications of the strep infection.
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/strep-throat-what-happens

Bump
10-05-2012, 07:59 PM
go to one of those CVS clinics, they should hook you up with what you need for that.

Bwana
10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Not a good idea.

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Well damnit.. I don't want to make anyone else sick.

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 08:44 PM
I have insurance, I just don't like going to the Dr. I think too many people go for stupid shit like runny noses or hangnails. Plus, I know I could beat this. I'm a muhfuckin bulletproof tiger

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I am seriously exhausted though

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I have insurance, I just don't like going to the Dr. I think too many people go for stupid shit like runny noses or hangnails. Plus, I know I could beat this. I'm a muh****in bulletproof tiger

Sometimes manning up means taking care to take care of yourself. Strep is worth a doctor visit.

CHENZ A!
10-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Sometimes manning up means taking care to take care of yourself. Strep is worth a doctor visit.

I get it, I just usually go with the wait a week or two and if it still hurts, then make an appointment. I plan on going to the Dr tomorrow though, I don't want to make any of my people sick.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I get it, I just usually go with the wait a week or two and if it still hurts, then make an appointment. I plan on going to the Dr tomorrow though, I don't want to make any of my people sick.

I get it. I hate going to the doc too. Chances are if anyone at work is going to get sick from you they've already got it in them. You're most contagious in the beginning. Still need to take care of yourself though.

bevischief
10-06-2012, 06:20 PM

FAX

Don't forget vitamin D and Turmeric. More help later this weekend.

CHENZ A!
10-06-2012, 06:22 PM
I did obtain antibiotics, but have not seen a Dr.

Imon Yourside
10-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I did obtain antibiotics, but have not seen a Dr.

Attaboy, thats a mans way of dealing with it. Keep some Colloidal silver on hand, that will kill it next time as well.

R8RFAN
10-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Get some Zinc and echinacea in you

CHENZ A!
10-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Get some Zinc and echinacea in you

Thanks for the advice, man.

CHENZ A!
10-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I really want to drink a beer, but I know it's a horrible idea..

R8RFAN
10-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I really want to drink a beer, but I know it's a horrible idea..

I have been wanting to drink a beer for over 2 weeks now but I am afraid to mix alcohol and these pills I am taking for these broken ribs

CHENZ A!
10-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I mainly just drink on weekends, and this shit is throwing off my schedule. I think I might just go to bed. Fuck this being sick bullshit.

R8RFAN
10-06-2012, 07:21 PM
I mainly just drink on weekends, and this shit is throwing off my schedule. I think I might just go to bed. **** this being sick bullshit.

Thats probably the best idea yet...