PDA

View Full Version : Football Quarterback Tournament: Round 2, Heat 2

Rain Man
10-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Okay, the next eight are coming in. Show me what you got.

BigMeatballDave
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
In

pimpchief
10-05-2012, 10:56 PM
In

I'm so voting for Dave.

Bump
10-05-2012, 10:56 PM
OMG Tom Brady

listopencil
10-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Okay, the next eight are coming in. Show me what you got.

Are you matching these QB's based on some similarity you see in the two?

Rain Man
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Game 1: My gut reaction was to vote for Brady, but then I started comparing them, and this one is really close. Both were considered great clutch passers, both won multiple Super Bowls, and both ran pretty high-powered offenses. In the end, I still went with Brady, but it was a 53-47 vote.

Game 2: Another clunker in this stage of the tourney. I went with Snead because Blanda wasn't even a quarterback for much of his career.

Game 3: Tittle was very good, but Warner really stands out for me. The guy took two different teams to the Super Bowl. That's impressive.

Game 4: This is a close one, but Brees' final book has not yet been written. Lenny got it done for a decade and a half. I'm going homer on this one.

Game 5: Marino. He wants the ball and he's going to score!

Game 6: Now this is a tough one. I think both of these quarterbacks are among the greatest to play the game (at least until Manning broke his neck and started stinking). Both of them were premier passers, but I think Unitas dominated a little more than Manning. Plus, Unitas seemed to play better in big games, whereas Manning doesn't. It's close, but I give it to Unitas.

Game 7: I was never that impressed with Esiason, and Waterfield ran a heckuvan offense. I'm going Waterfield here.

Game 8: Another really tough one. My gut reaction is to take Starr, but if I was to be completely honest, I'd take Roethlisberger in a one-game playoff. The guy is really good when you need him most. In a shocker, I'm going with Roethlisberger.

Rain Man
10-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Are you matching these QB's based on some similarity you see in the two?

Nope. Totally random matchups.

Rain Man
10-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Esiason over waterfield? for shame.

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
tittle, unitas and waterfield are getting the shaft so far.

rico
10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Game 1: My gut reaction was to vote for Brady, but then I started comparing them, and this one is really close. Both were considered great clutch passers, both won multiple Super Bowls, and both ran pretty high-powered offenses. In the end, I still went with Brady, but it was a 53-47 vote.

Game 2: Another clunker in this stage of the tourney. I went with Snead because Blanda wasn't even a quarterback for much of his career.

Game 3: Tittle was very good, but Warner really stands out for me. The guy took two different teams to the Super Bowl. That's impressive.

Game 4: This is a close one, but Brees' final book has not yet been written. Lenny got it done for a decade and a half. I'm going homer on this one.

Game 5: Marino. He wants the ball and he's going to score!

Game 6: Now this is a tough one. I think both of these quarterbacks are among the greatest to play the game (at least until Manning broke his neck and started stinking). Both of them were premier passers, but I think Unitas dominated a little more than Manning. Plus, Unitas seemed to play better in big games, whereas Manning doesn't. It's close, but I give it to Unitas.

Game 7: I was never that impressed with Esiason, and Waterfield ran a heckuvan offense. I'm going Waterfield here.

Game 8: Another really tough one. My gut reaction is to take Starr, but if I was to be completely honest, I'd take Roethlisberger in a one-game playoff. The guy is really good when you need him most. In a shocker, I'm going with Roethlisberger.

http://bandbent.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/beavis-butthead-p21.jpg

Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh....Staubach. He played back when people were stupid.

rico
10-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Did you initially seed these? Marino had a pretty looking 2nd round match up.

rico
10-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Did you initially seed these? Marino had a pretty looking 2nd round match up.

Speaking of Hasselbeck:

http://www.305ontap.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/beavis-and-butthead.gif

We're gonna score!!!

whoman69
10-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Aren't these seeded at all? How can you have a matchup of Unitas vs Manning when we are still sifting out lightweights like Snead vs Blanda and Waterfield vs Esiason?

mcaj22
10-06-2012, 04:50 PM
the fact that Rothlisberger is going to lose and some of these other turds are going to advance is laughable.

Big Ben is def up against someone good, but Big Ben would win every other match up but like Tom Brady and Peyton/Johnny U so

Bump
10-06-2012, 05:57 PM
man Hasselbeck is getting robbed

Rain Man
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Moving on are Brady, Blanda, Warner, Dawson, Marino, PManning, Esiason, and Starr.

DaFace
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Is this really just random pairings? That's insane that we ended up with Peyton vs. Johnny U so early.