PDA

View Full Version : Life Are all NG pipeline owners this stupid...

oldandslow
10-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, I just got in. Have been fighting a fire all day that ate up most of my timber, burnt my neighbors shed (almost got their house), and cost the county thousands of dollars to put out....Ended up within 100 yards of our house before we turned it.

This part of SD is a tinderbox. Haven't had 2" of rain since the middle of April. Today the wind was up and the STUPID, IGNORANT, OBNOXIOUS pipeline company thought it was a good idea to clear the brush over the pipeline and, of course...

The skidloader hits a rock, sparks, catches grass, and the wildfire is on. Skidloaders gas tank ends up exploding and the fire spreads like it was napalm.

One firefighter got burned on his arm and was throwing up...ambulance came and got him...

Five different towns sent in their fire equipment.

I'll be up all night making sure it doesn't re-ignite.

Lots of acres burned. Lost some of the last virgin timber left in Clay County. Two hundred year old trees - just gone.

Damn sons o' bitches.

And people wonder why oil and gas companies get a bad rep...

FlaChief58
10-06-2012, 09:36 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KAsXPi9ssWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX
10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Really sorry to hear this, Mr. oldandslow.

Glad you're okay, but I've been through one of those before ... and I never want to do that again. All you can do is try to get some rest and start counting blessings ... they're all over the place ... just look.

Oh, and call an attorney Monday morning. The gas company will likely settle for a sum that will make you feel better and let you purchase some new saplings. Just make sure your lawyer is a real asshole when he needs to be.

FAX

Buehler445
10-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Ours is the train. I fought more fires the last 3 years from trains than all the other fires in my life. Combined. Last year big acreage burned around Satanta because of the train.

And we haven't gotten a red cent from them.

Our gas companies here (the local line and there is a compressor station) are very good (knock on wood).

I couldn't imagine fighting tree fires. That's crazy.

Braincase
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
My old man was rural volunteer fire dept. The stupidity he saw week in and week out was pretty fu***** amazing. Thanks for your service. You're a guardian and a role model for all the young folks where you live.

Strength, patience and encouragement to you.