PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This years QB needy teams

O.city
10-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Put this in the Geno thread, but thought it could have it's own.

Arizona Cardinals -Kolb Skelton
Atlanta Falcons -Matt Ryan
Baltimore Ravens - Joe Flacco
Buffalo Bills -Fitz
Carolina Panthers -Cam
Chicago Bears -Cutler
Cincinnati Bengals -Dalton
Cleveland Browns -Weeden?
Dallas Cowboys -Romo
Denver Broncos -Manning
Detroit Lions -Stafford
Green Bay Packers -Rodgers
Houston Texans -Schaub
Indianapolis Colts -Luck
Jacksonville Jaguars - Gabbert?
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins -Tannehill
Minnesota Vikings --Ponder
New England Patriots -Brady
New Orleans Saints -Brees
New York Giants -Manning
New York Jets -Sanchez,Tebow?
Oakland Raiders -Palmer?
Philadelphia Eagles-Vick?
Pittsburgh Steelers - Big Ben
Saint Louis Rams - Stafford
San Diego Chargers -Rivers
San Francisco 49ers -Smith
Seattle Seahawks -Flynn, short qb whose name escapes me
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Freeman?
Tennessee Titans - Locker
Washington Redskins -RGIII

Put question marks by guys who teams could move from. Looks like there are actually not many teams who aren't set at QB.

We are far and away the worst situation when it comes to the QB spot.

Bewbies
10-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Weeden, Palmer, Sanchez and Cassel race to the bottom baby!!

This is one game I am very confident Cassel can win...

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:43 PM
short qb whose name escapes me is Russel Wilson

Superbowltrashcan
I think Romo may be on the way out along with his head Coach. But perhaps I am reading the NFL tea leaves wrong.....

acesn8s
Fitz needs a ? as well

O.city
10-06-2012, 10:44 PM
I could actually see the Raiders be a team that would keep Palmer and trade for picks. They need bodies at this point and Palmer can see them thru the change.

The Jets are scary in that they aren't afraid to make moves.

The Eagles and 9ers are intriguing as well.

Titty Meat
Put this in the Geno thread, but thought it could have it's own.

Arizona Cardinals -Kolb Skelton
Atlanta Falcons -Matt Ryan
Baltimore Ravens - Joe Flacco
Buffalo Bills -Fitz
Carolina Panthers -Cam
Chicago Bears -Cutler
Cincinnati Bengals -Dalton
Cleveland Browns -Weeden?
Dallas Cowboys -Romo
Denver Broncos -Manning
Detroit Lions -Stafford
Green Bay Packers -Rodgers
Houston Texans -Schaub
Indianapolis Colts -Luck
Jacksonville Jaguars - Gabbert?
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins -Tannehill
Minnesota Vikings --Ponder
New England Patriots -Brady
New Orleans Saints -Brees
New York Giants -Manning
New York Jets -Sanchez,Tebow?
Oakland Raiders -Palmer?
Philadelphia Eagles-Vick?
Pittsburgh Steelers - Big Ben
Saint Louis Rams - Stafford
San Diego Chargers -Rivers
San Francisco 49ers -Smith
Seattle Seahawks -Flynn, short qb whose name escapes me
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Freeman?
Tennessee Titans - Locker
Washington Redskins -RGIII

Put question marks by guys who teams could move from. Looks like there are actually not many teams who aren't set at QB.

We are far and away the worst situation when it comes to the QB spot.

I highlighted San Fransico and Tennessee because both had a lot of interest in Manning.

pimpchief
Cowboys will be qb hunting hard.

acesn8s
Vick won't go anywhere soon

O.city
10-06-2012, 10:45 PM
The Browns, Jags and Raiders are the only ones who I think could win fewer games than us, meaning the others would have to trade ahead of us that I listed.

We need to really suck shit.

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:46 PM
The Browns, Jags and Raiders are the only ones who I think could win fewer games than us, meaning the others would have to trade ahead of us that I listed.

We need to really suck shit.Casshole to the rescue!

AussieChiefsFan
10-06-2012, 10:47 PM
These are the team I see possibly using a high draft pick on a QB

Cleveland Browns -Weeden - But I don't see them giving up on Weeden after only 1 season. I think people have realised he has potential. Besides they might just stick with a QB for over a year for a change.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Gabbert - Don't see them giving up on him, the rest of the team isn't great either.
New York Jets -Sanchez,Tebow - Don't think they'll have a record bad enough. They could trade up I guess but once again, I dont see it happening.

Oakland Raiders -Palmer - He's had an OK season so far, and they spent a A LOT to get him they might feel obliged to stick with him for an extra year (even if he doesn't perform great). The only problem here is that I can see them with a horrible end of season record, which could encourage them to take a QB that they think they can't pass up on.

O.city
10-06-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't see the Cowboys really moving from Romo. I know he's hot and cold, but the dude will win them enough games to move them outta the race.

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:48 PM

We need to really suck shit.Cassel Cassel he's our man! If he can't do it Quinn and Stanzi can! Yay Suck it!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-06-2012, 10:48 PM
I think anyone is game but the Saints, Steelers, Packers, Patriots and Giants. There is no such thing as patient in this league with except for the Chiefs.

Otter
10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I highlighted San Fransico and Tennessee because both had a lot of interest in Manning.

I'm biased but I think Kolb could be in the top 10 if he had a decent offensive line. Dude gets murdered every other play and stands up and does it again like a boss. Don't see Cards going after QB but OL barring injury.

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't see the Cowboys really moving from Romo. I know he's hot and cold, but the dude will win them enough games to move them outta the race.Isn't Romo in his final year of his contract?

O.city
10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
The Colts went thru a 2 win season last year, look at them now.

Just dig in and find some other hobbies for another 2 and a half months.

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm biased but I think Kolb could be in the top 10 if he had a decent offensive line. Dude gets murdered every other play and stands up and does it again like a boss. Don't see Cards going after QB but OL barring injury.They just drafted a QB last year.

Titty Meat
10-06-2012, 10:51 PM
The Colts went thru a 2 win season last year, look at them now.

Just dig in and find some other hobbies for another 2 and a half months.

Fuck that i'll adopt a team.

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:52 PM
I think anyone is game but the Saints, Steelers, Packers, Patriots and Giants. There is no such thing as patient in this league with except for the Chiefs.The Chiefs are still waiting for their last 1st round QB to come around.

BigMeatballDave
7 teams, max.

DaneMcCloud
They just drafted a QB last year.

Who?

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:53 PM
**** that i'll adopt a team.The Gonzalez Falcons!

O.city
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I've become a WV college football fan for the year to pass the time. I'll watch the Chiefs, but thats about the end of it for me this year.

BryanBusby
10-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Right now I see 3 teams that will definitely be QB shopping: Kansas City, Buffalo and Arizona

Weeden was a bad investment, but he is improving. Also, any QB is going to look like fucking shit when they have no experience and no go-to receiver. They also run a fucking retarded offensive scheme. It's hard to read what the Browns would do, but they should go another direction unless they land the #1 pick and can't find a suitable trade partner.

Gene Smith won't give up on Gabbert, so the only shot Jacksonville has at a QB will be to clean house.

If Ryan and Tannebaum survive this season, they'll look for a veteran option instead of the draft. A rookie QB isn't going to save their jobs.

Oakland is probably 50/50 shot on taking a QB. Palmer playing decent gives them flexibility to start off in another direction though. I think Oakland plays better down the stretch and will be out of that QB contention.

The Eagles seem high on Foles.

Tampa Bay will definitely be browsing for a QB somewhere. Freeman just looks bad.

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Who? Ryan Lindley in 2012 and John Skelton in 2010

Otter
Who?

6th round (I think) Ryan Lyndie (sp?). The next Tom Brady pick? Is he developing beyond what the press tells?

Maybe, but doubt it.

DaneMcCloud
Ryan Lindley in 2012 and John Skelton in 2010

Dude.

6th and 7th rounders don't count.

O.city
10-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I think Buffalo will win enough to be out of it. Same with the Cards.

I think the Raiders decide to add other pieces while Palmer carries the ship. The Browns need a big WR to go with Weeden.

acesn8s
Dude.

6th and 7th rounders don't count.Not behind that that o-line. They are as bad the Chiefs o-line.

BigMeatballDave
Right now I see 3 teams that will definitely be QB shopping: Kansas City, Buffalo and Arizona

I don't think Arizona will definitely be looking to dratfing a QB.

If they are, so what?

They're 4-1 and not in our way.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Not behind that that o-line. They are as bad the Chiefs o-line.

LMAO

Arizona would never pass on Geno Smith because they spent a 6th rounder on Ryan Lindley the year before.

Are you smoking crack?

O.city
I don't think it's a stretch to say we are probably the worst team in the NFL right now.

acesn8s
LMAO

Arizona would never pass on Geno Smith because they spent a 6th rounder on Ryan Lindley the year before.

Are you smoking crack?No. Why? You got some?

BryanBusby
10-06-2012, 11:04 PM

If they are, so what?

Arizona will be QB shopping, but yeah they aren't relevant right now in dis race.

AussieChiefsFan
I don't think it's a stretch to say we are probably the worst team in the NFL right now.

At QB

Hoover
I'm down with sucking this year, I really am. Time to flush the Cassel turd.

Unsmooth-Moment
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM

We said that last year. We will win some bullshit games that will put us around the 7 to 10 range in the draft. I do hope for a complete collapse though.

O.city
10-06-2012, 11:07 PM
We have the 4 ranked Run blocking oline and the 5 ranked pass blocking oline. We have a top 5 RB, a top 10 WR, with another big strong WR starting to show a little something.

Two top 10 pass rushers, one maybe even a top 4 guy. A MLB who has the potential to be one of the best in the league, and alot of potential in the secondary.

Someone wanna tell me coaching and QB play aren't the most important things in the NFL ?

AussieChiefsFan
10-06-2012, 11:08 PM
We have the 4 ranked Run blocking oline and the 5 ranked pass blocking oline. We have a top 5 RB, a top 10 WR, with another big strong WR starting to show a little something.

Two top 10 pass rushers, one maybe even a top 4 guy. A MLB who has the potential to be one of the best in the league, and alot of potential in the secondary.

Someone wanna tell me coaching and QB play aren't the most important things in the NFL ?

Exactly. It's painful, but exciting at the same time. IMagine what we can do with a great QB

acesn8s
10-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Exactly. It's painful, but exciting at the same time. IMagine what we can do with a great QBThe same thing we do every year, Pinky, suck ass.

Sorter
10-06-2012, 11:37 PM
. They also run a ****ing retarded offensive scheme. It's hard to read what the Browns would do

I don't understand...the Browns literally run the same scheme, down to exact terminology as GB. Why is exactly is the scheme retarded? I'm not a WC guy myself, but retarded seems a bit strong/ignorant, IMO.

Not having personnel to run scheme doesnt = bad scheme. Especially one as well known and as popular as Holmgren's WC offense.

BryanBusby
10-07-2012, 01:27 AM
I don't understand...the Browns literally run the same scheme, down to exact terminology as GB. Why is exactly is the scheme retarded? I'm not a WC guy myself, but retarded seems a bit strong/ignorant, IMO.

Not having personnel to run scheme doesnt = bad scheme. Especially one as well known and as popular as Holmgren's WC offense.
They don't. The difference between the Packers and Browns is the Packers don't run a WCO that was lifted directly out of 1985.

BigMeatballDave
10-07-2012, 01:36 AM
If Cleveland had a WR worth a shit, they wouldn't be so bad.

Mr. Laz
10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Jags,Chiefs and Jets are all needing a QB really badly

49ers too probably at some point

Rasputin
10-07-2012, 09:27 AM
I can see the Eagles making a move to get Geno Smith if M Vick continues to have issues staying healthy and leading his team to a playoff win. There a team that would give up multi pics for imo.

el borracho
10-07-2012, 09:31 AM

If they are, so what?

Oh, I wouldn't count on that. They could trade up, ala Washington.

Rausch
10-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Oh, I wouldn't count on that. They could trade up, ala Washington.

With real leadership so could we...

Mr. Laz
10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I believe we are picking 10-ish right now ... tied at 1-3 with like 8 other teams.

The only team ahead of us that REALLY needs a QB are the Jags

I'm assuming that Cleveland wouldn't drop Weeden 1 year after drafting him so highly.

[/edit] picking lower than i thought

BryanBusby
10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I can see the Eagles making a move to get Geno Smith if M Vick continues to have issues staying healthy and leading his team to a playoff win. There a team that would give up multi pics for imo.

I think they actually like Nick Foles, who they just drafted this year.

Rausch
10-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I believe we are picking 8-ish right now ... tied at 1-3 with like 5 other teams.

The only teams ahead of us that REALLY need a QB are the Jags and Jets.

I'm assuming that Cleveland wouldn't drop Weeden 1 year after drafting him so highly.

And the Jags and Jets are both 50/50 on going QB.

I doubt both do...

Mr. Laz
10-07-2012, 09:44 AM
And the Jags and Jets are both 50/50 on going QB.

I doubt both do...
yea, i dunno

gabbert has been looking a little better ... depends.

Sanchez needs to step up

there really aren't that many teams that need a QB right now

el borracho
10-07-2012, 09:44 AM
With real leadership so could we...
There will be no one left to watch the games if the Chiefs come away from the 2013 draft without a legit QB.

... of course, I also thought that in 2012...

RJ
10-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Browns will stick with Weeden. Our competition will be from Jags and Raiders.

Bump
10-07-2012, 09:48 AM
the Browns and Saints aren't gonna draft a QB. So if they somehow finish worse than them we better fucking make a trade.

Rasputin
10-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I think they actually like Nick Foles, who they just drafted this year.

Good I hope so, but Eagles do wild things all the time. They fill there holes with FA & go after who they want in the draft. I hope your right.

milkman
10-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Browns will stick with Weeden. Our competition will be from Jags and Raiders.

the Browns and Saints aren't gonna draft a QB. So if they somehow finish worse than them we better ****ing make a trade.

I disagree here.

Browns have new ownership and Holmgren is sitting on a shaky seat.

If he is fired, as I expect he will be, and a new GM and coach are brought in, I think it is not only possible that the Browns are the first team since the 69-70 Steelers to draft a QB first in successive drafts, but highly likely.

In58men
10-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Jags Chiefs and Jets.

49ers picked up Kaepernick (sp?). They'll give him a shot first.

Rausch
10-07-2012, 09:56 AM
yea, i dunno

gabbert has been looking a little better ... depends.

Sanchez needs to step up

there really aren't that many teams that need a QB right now

This is definitely our year to move up and take a stab at it.

Little competition and the cost to cap/team is nothing under the new CBA...

Rausch
10-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Jags Chiefs and Jets.

The Jets will pick below us.

The Jags are 50/50 on taking a QB at this point.

49ers picked up Kaepernick (sp?). They'll give him a shot first.

I think this is the most likely team to trade up. QB is all they need...

Bump
10-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I disagree here.

Browns have new ownership and Holmgren is sitting on a shaky seat.

If he is fired, as I expect he will be, and a new GM and coach are brought in, I think it is not only possible that the Browns are the first team since the 69-70 Steelers to draft a QB first in successive drafts, but highly likely.

you are probably right. If the Browns land the #1 pick, I doubt they could pass on Geno. If it's 2-10, I don't see them doing it.

Coogs
10-07-2012, 10:03 AM
At the same time, outside of picking #1 overall, we can not sit there idle like the Browns did last season and refuse to move up a spot or two... and then watch the Redskins jump right over the top of them to get RGIII... and settle for a 28 year old rookie. The Browns are the Browns for a reason.

And while Tannehill may not be the best example, he is however an example that we are much like the Browns. We are stubborn to move up a few spots, but for Miami no. Miami has a project QB who may pan out. We have a project DT who may also workout. Very Browns like.