PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Winston is pissed because of fans Booing on 3rd and 7 running plays too!

Coogs
10-07-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/07/3852417/chiefs-turn-to-charles-run-game.html

Somebody else can print it off. My computer doesn't do articles from the Star very well.

Smed1065
10-07-2012, 07:49 PM
“If we have to run it 50 times and the fans boo because we ran it on third and 7, oh well. We’re going to be a bunch of brawlers . . . we’re not going to turn the ball over anymore and we’re going to get some wins.’’

We cant throw. Did he not walk away after the MC injury?

Also states "you have to do what wins with the team you have"=MC sucks

Article:
Jamaal Charles was one of the last Chiefs players out of their locker room after Sunday’s 9-6 loss to Baltimore at Arrowhead Stadium, but he had an excuse for lingering.

He had spent some time in the tub, trying to soak away the aches and pains he accumulated from getting the ball 33 times.

“I’m trying to take care of my body,’’ he said. “I know we’re trying to win ballgames and put it in my hands. I can’t complain. I just have to do better when my name is called.’’

Charles also had 30-plus touches in the game at New Orleans two weeks earlier, so he’s used to the physical beating. It may continue next week at Tampa Bay and beyond.

The Chiefs seemed intent on establishing an offensive identity. They ran the ball with Charles, Shaun Draughn or Cyrus Gray even in situations that called for a pass. They ran 50 times in all and passed 18 times against one of the better run defenses in the league.

“I’ve never seen a team come out there and do what we did to them,’’ offensive lineman Eric Winston said. “I’ve never seen somebody come out and run the ball like we did on them today, and that had better roll over. This has to be us every game. This has got to be us, a street fight every game. I told everybody in this locker room it’s got to be a street fight every game. This is who we are, this is who we need to be, this is Kansas City and we need to be a bunch of brawlers.

“If we have to run it 50 times and the fans boo because we ran it on third and 7, oh well. We’re going to be a bunch of brawlers . . . we’re not going to turn the ball over anymore and we’re going to get some wins.’’

Charles rushed 30 times for 140 yards and caught three passes for 21 yards. He got the ball a total of 39 times in the overtime win against the Saints.

“Whatever it takes to get a win,’’ he said. “Whatever they want, I’m going to go with it.

“I don’t want the coach to take it light on me. I want to be one of the best backs ever to play in the NFL.’’

Coach Romeo Crennel didn’t apologize for using Charles so frequently. In fact, he did the opposite.

“I wish he could get it more because he can run for a touchdown,’’ Crennel said.

“You do what you think you need to do to win a game with your team that you have.’’

stonedstooge
10-07-2012, 07:50 PM
They're going to kill Jamal. JFC someone needs to stop them

munkey
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
What a Joke...This just stupid...

mcaj22
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
jamaal is going to have a very shot career because of these idiots

Chiefs Pantalones
10-07-2012, 07:52 PM
For real, fuck off Winston. You make millions of dollars. We don't care what you have to say or your opinion. Just be a good monkey, entertain us and help our team win on Sundays.

Crush
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Alienating your customer base is no way to do business son.

milkman
Good god.

We're going to run it on third down.
We're not going to turn the ball over.

That is double speak for Cassel sucks and we know we are in a shit ton of trouble if we put the ball in that worthless fucker's hands.

GoShox
I know MC got hurt and all, but I've never heard a player defend an awful QB so much.

doomy3
10-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I know MC got hurt and all, but I've never heard a player defend an awful QB so much.

It doesn't sound like he is defending him at all in this article. Far from it.

Coogs
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Interestingly enough, here is Quinn's first 3rd and 7 play...

8:31 4th KC 3rd & 7 at Bal31 Brady Quinn pass to the middle to Dwayne Bowe for 20 yards to the Bal31. Tackled by Bernard Pollard.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2012/10/07/4957/index.html#ixzz28fVQdPxW

Quite possibly the best pass of the season.

EDIT: From my seat at home on my couch, the stadium sounded very loud with cheering upon this completion too!

Spott
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
We also ran on 1st and goal from the 12, 2nd and goal from the 20 and 3rd and goal from the 22 before kicking a FG because the coach is afraid to let a QB that makes 10 million a year throw the damn ball. I think the fans have every right to boo considering how much it costs for them to go to a game and how long this franchise has sucked.

Pushead2
10-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Damon Huard again...

New World Order
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
They are trying to save their jobs so they will run Charles into the ground this year.

kcpasco
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Damon Huard again...

Huard>Casshole
And that's not a joke

ThaVirus
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM
We also ran on 1st and goal from the 12, 2nd and goal from the 20 and 3rd and goal from the 22 before kicking a FG because the coach is afraid to let a QB that makes 10 million a year throw the damn ball. I think the fans have every right to boo considering how much it costs for them to go to a game and how long this franchise has sucked.

Man, that was a disaster if there ever was one. Any smart team would have play actioned to the wide fucking open TE or FB after the PI call on Bowe set us up at the 1.

I wonder how many negative plays we ran and how many yards were lost because we were telegraphing the run all game.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Interestingly enough, here is Quinn's first 3rd and 7 play...

8:31 4th KC 3rd & 7 at Bal31 Brady Quinn pass to the middle to Dwayne Bowe for 20 yards to the Bal31. Tackled by Bernard Pollard.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2012/10/07/4957/index.html#ixzz28fVQdPxW

Quite possibly the best pass of the season.
!

Meh.

It was no better than several throws Cassel made opening day.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
And I thought Herm was bad

jd1020
10-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Winston mad because the fans are pissed that the team isn't even attempting to convert 3rd downs because of the incompetent QB...

Umm... Choke on a dick Winston.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Beginning to hate Winston. He has a real superior attitude.

Shut the fuck up and block.

Coogs
10-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Meh.

It was no better than several throws Cassel made opening day.

I left it open for debate. Still a pretty good pass from Quinn to Bowe considering the apparent lack of time for the two to develop any chemistry.

chiefzilla1501
10-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm not going to get on Winston's case. This team needs leaders, and these are things leaders have to say. Even if that means acting like a blind squirrel.

It's not the players' fault for publicly defending their QB or the game plan. Their job is to win within what they're asked to do and Winston and the o-line absolutely did their job today.

Bugeater
Fans are mad that the team Winston plays on sucks fucking ass.

notorious
Huard>Casshole
And that's not a joke

And it's not even fucking close.

Smed1065
Good god.

We're going to run it on third down.
We're not going to turn the ball over.

That is double speak for Cassel sucks and we know we are in a shit ton of trouble if we put the ball in that worthless fucker's hands.

Q

GloryDayz
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Winston exclaimed that they are athletes. Well, that was his first lie. He should have shut up after that because the folks in the stands are his equal when it comes to "athleticism"!

Psyko Tek
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Beginning to hate Winston. He has a real superior attitude.

Shut the fuck up and block.

didn't he fuck up every other play vs SD?
his opinion caries no weight

Phobia
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I left it open for debate. Still a pretty good pass from Quinn to Bowe considering the apparent lack of time for the two to develop any chemistry.

How long does it take for a QB to judge how fast a WR runs and then hit him in stride? Having seen it done every Saturday afternoon for years, it's not really all that difficult. If a sandlot QB can't figure it out quickly then he's not playing QB for very long. I'm a pretty pathetic sandlot QB but even I can hit guys in stride and have done it hundreds of times. It's even more difficult when you're throwing at 6 or 7 guys running who knows what route because it's a sandlot game. It would be 100x easier if you already knew the route a guy is supposed to run and you only have to look at 3 or 4 guys out on a pattern.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting sandlot is anything like the nfl or my buddies are better than NFL players. I just think that whole chemistry angle is kinda bunk. Hit a guy in stride. You've been playing QB full-time your entire life. It can't be that difficult.

Molitoth
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
fuck winston

Munson
10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey Winston, go **** yourself!

jspchief
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Sickening. They outright admit that they know Cassel is inept, yet still refuse to make a QB change.

Are they seriously so stupid to think playing all year without passing the ball is salvaging something worthwhile that would be lost if they took a chance on a different qb?

Coogs
10-07-2012, 08:25 PM
How long does it take for a QB to judge how fast a WR runs and then hit him in stride? Having seen it done every Saturday afternoon for years, it's not really all that difficult. If a sandlot QB can't figure it out quickly then he's not playing QB for very long. I'm a pretty pathetic sandlot QB but even I can hit guys in stride and have done it hundreds of times. It's even more difficult when you're throwing at 6 or 7 guys running who knows what route because it's a sandlot game. It would be 100x easier if you already knew the route a guy is supposed to run and you only have to look at 3 or 4 guys out on a pattern.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting sandlot is anything like the nfl or my buddies are better than NFL players. I just think that whole chemistry angle is kinda bunk. Hit a guy in stride. You've been playing QB full-time your entire life. It can't be that difficult.

Oh, I agree. Just our starting QB can't seem to do it, so he gets the benifit of the doubt that it is 5 OC's in 4 years. Hell, even Eagle and Fouts were tossing that out there several times today.

kcxiv
10-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Like they say, it sometimes has to get worse before it gets better and boy is it worse lol

Valiant
10-07-2012, 10:22 PM
jamaal is going to have a very shot career because of these idiots

Winston should tell him he is not a gladiator, this is not the coliseum..

Bump
10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Winston is starting to piss me off. He doesn't have a clue about the pain the fans have to suffer. 4 straight years of the same inept offense/quarterback. Another shitty head coach. These are bad financial times and yet people still show up to the games. They're all making millions of dollars, fuck them. I hate this fucking team.

Chief_in_Commander
10-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Winston you are a fuckin idiot. He said one of the reasons he came here was because of us fans going after him on Twitter, our passion and love for our team. Now, we are a shitsandwich and we are letting him/everyone else know and hes like "We just have to run it on 3rd and 20 so we don't turn it over". So punts are just SO much better than TO's. You liked our passion, now you hate it. You would rather just punt then throw to not risk a TO but our running backs cough it up even more often than ever. STFU

MIAdragon
10-07-2012, 10:35 PM

How sad is it that our starter fails so miserably at doing just that. :banghead:

KChiefer
10-07-2012, 10:37 PM
This has got to be us, a street fight every game. I told everybody in this locker room it’s got to be a street fight every game. - Winston

OK Ryu, not to be confused with a Gladiator...

Nightfyre
10-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Winston is coming off as an entitled prick. Not all of us get paid millions of dollars annually to play a fucking game. Get real, man. You don't make that money without the fan support, and these are some pretty fucking supportive fans.

January 11, 1970 - the last Chiefs Super Bowl appearance
1993 - The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.
3 - The number of playoff appearances in the past 10 years
28-57 - The Chiefs record since the beginning of the 2007 season.

GloryDayz
10-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Winston is a F***ing a55 and needs to shut his sissy-a55 trap and try playing football for a change and not getting HIS quarterback killed! God he's a dip!

FAX
10-07-2012, 10:46 PM
OK Ryu, not to be confused with a Gladiator...

ROFL

Everybody knows that street fighters don't gladiate. It's more about slapping and kicking and spitting and throwing dirt in your opponent's eyes.

FAX

Nightfyre
10-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Winston is coming off as an entitled prick. Not all of us get paid millions of dollars annually to play a ****ing game. Get real, man. You don't make that money without the fan support, and these are some pretty ****ing supportive fans.

January 11, 1970 - the last Chiefs Super Bowl appearance
1993 - The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.
3 - The number of playoff appearances in the past 10 years
28-57 - The Chiefs record since the beginning of the 2007 season.

How about this one:

1983 - the last time the Chiefs picked a QB in the first round of the NFL draft.