PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This short passage from ESPN sums up everything that is wrong right now

RINGLEADER
10-07-2012, 11:16 PM
I was reading ESPN's story about what dipsh!t fans we are for having a negative opinion of a QB as wonderful and caring as Matt Cassel when I came upon this passage. I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but just read this and ask yourself WTF Romeo is thinking:

--- snip ---

"If we will play like that going forward, we give ourselves a chance to win the game," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said. "We had a chance in this game. So even though I'm disappointed in the loss, the way the team played, we played much better overall football."

That wasn't necessarily the case for Cassel, who threw for just 92 yards and was picked off twice along with being credited for two lost fumbles.

--- snip ---

How can Romeo reconcile his statement (paragraph 1) with what happened (paragraph 2)? It's amazing.

Pioli's decision to assemble a team around Cassel and then buy into Romeo as the best lacky to not ask too many questions has reduced a team with a lot of talent into an absolute waste of talent. A waste of talent that now seems more intent on keeping the worst QB in the NFL coddled and warm then face the music that he can't play consistently in the NFL.

This trainwreck could take years to recover from...

NJChiefsFan
10-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Is that last paragraph in the article? Link?

mr. tegu
10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
We will recover with the simple announcement from Roger Goodell next year. "With the ? pick in the 2013 draft the Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith."

RINGLEADER
10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Is that last paragraph in the article? Link?

The snipped pieces are between the "--- snip ---" (and now bolded), but here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8474895/kansas-city-chiefs-qb-matt-cassel-leaves-taking-haloti-ngata-hit-baltimore-ravens

NJChiefsFan
10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
The snipped pieces are between the "--- snip ---" (and now bolded), but here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8474895/kansas-city-chiefs-qb-matt-cassel-leaves-taking-haloti-ngata-hit-baltimore-ravens

I was really hoping that last paragraph was written by somebody in the national media.

Brock
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
It won't take years to recover from if they acquire a QB.

BossChief
10-07-2012, 11:26 PM
If we add a QB, this team can be the 2004 Steelers.

mr. tegu
10-07-2012, 11:29 PM
If we add a QB, this team can be the 2004 Steelers.

Yep. Despite the fact that after game 2 this season people were jumping ship saying we had no talent.

We have good receivers I believe. But blaming them for their stats is like blaming a pitcher who doesn't get saves because the team doesn't get the lead and give them the opportunity to get that save.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Ringleader, that shit wouldn't fly with Gunther.

htismaqe
10-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Ringleader, that shit wouldn't fly with Gunther.

It did fly with Gunther.

This is identical to the situation when Gunther was head coach. That GM was a better football man, though.

Imon Yourside
10-08-2012, 07:35 AM
It did fly with Gunther.

This is identical to the situation when Gunther was head coach. That GM was a better football man, though.

That's so painful, yet true.

Lex Luthor
10-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Look how quickly Denver recovered from the Josh McDumbass regime.

It can be done. Clark Hunt just needs to do the right thing.

BlackHelicopters
10-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Does RC have a track record of success as a Head coach somewhere that we don't know about? Pee Wee? Canada? World League of American Football?

RealSNR
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Matt Cassel concussed

And not a single fuck was given

The Bad Guy
10-08-2012, 07:51 AM
And not a single **** was given

Well that's not true. Eric Winston practically had a heart attack about it yesterday.

MotherfuckerJones
10-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Crennels full of shit! You played well at every position except the most important one! Get a damn QB that can read progressions and not focus on Bowe. 4 turnovers is playing well? We just give the ball up teams don't really take it

Chiefnj2
10-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Romeo takes scaredy-cat football to a new level.