PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Poll: situations and reactions on 10/28

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 11:10 PM
please withhold all comments until the poll is up.

My thought process. There are a few situations that are possible leading up to 10/28, the Raiders game at home. The Chiefs and Clark Hunt have 3 weeks to think out an answer or whether to reply to us at all.

What if we hear back from them? Surely it will change what we do in the future. I am wanting a rough idea on where you all stand on a few things.

Reaper16
10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
My vote for Agree under "Clark responds positively" is based on what a positive response from him would look like. For me, it'd be firing Pioli.

Rausch
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
My vote for Agree under "Clark responds positively" is based on what a positive response from him would look like. For me, it'd be firing Pioli.

This.

Pioli goes - Ca$$el goes.

No letting up until it happens...

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Here's what I'd like Clark to do (I posted this in another thread):

1. Immediately announce the termination of the contract of Scott Pioli, effective immediately.

2. Announce that effective immediately through next year, prices of all tickets and parking lot fees will be dropped to exactly what they were the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, from 1993.

3. Apologize to the fans, the taxpayers of Jackson County, and especially to Season Ticket holders for the unacceptable results on the field, and the arrogance and trashing of Chiefs history off of it.

4. Announce that he is either moving to Kansas City full-time or selling the team, looking only for someone who will live in Kansas City and be a present owner.

5. Make no changes to this year's coaching staff, publicly saying that you want to maintain continuity on the field, but ultimately setting up for the top 5 draft pick that you will then hire a new GM and Coaching Staff who will draft and develop a new QB in the 1st round.

wazu
10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Pioli can respond however he wants. He needs to go. I don't want him picking our next QB. This is much more important than whether or not we bench Cassel.

suzzer99
10-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Fricking iPad, I made one accidental vote, tried to correct it, and accidentally clicked vote now. Sorry about that

wazu
10-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Fricking iPad, I made one accidental vote, tried to correct it, and accidentally clicked vote now. Sorry about that

It's okay. I'm not even sure why that poll question was even asked.

pr_capone
10-08-2012, 11:25 PM
It's okay. I'm not even sure why that poll question was even asked.

Because my OCD wouldn't let me do it any other way.

Frazod
10-08-2012, 11:26 PM
I'd say at this point if we get any sort of positive response from any of them it would be best to call it a day.

However, I figure it will snow in hell before that happens.

Rausch
10-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Pioli can respond however he wants. He needs to go. I don't want him picking our next QB. This is much more important than whether or not we bench Cassel.

Exactly.

It doesn't matter who we start or how many games we win/lose. The problem is Pioli.

If you think Pioli would draft a 1st round QB you haven't been paying attention...

CaliforniaChief
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
To sum up my feelings:

1. Agree with Reaper..."responding positively" is more than just a "I feel your pain" speech. There's action. Pioli getting dumped, or some clear repudiation of the path we're on along with a promise of consequences from top to bottom.

2. Non-response is a declaration of war. We WILL be the first fanbase to pull off a Twitter Revolution, using guys like Whitlock, Mellinger, Babb (who can be helpful in DC), and others to spread our message.

3. I'm done with Pioli. Too much water under the bridge, too much trust lost. It's clear he can't evaluate a QB.

4. A non-response from Pioli is to be expected. No change in our actions, just turn up the heat.

wazu
10-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Because my OCD wouldn't let me do it any other way.

LMAO

10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Any situation that keeps Pioli around I disagree with. He needs to be gone.

htismaqe
10-09-2012, 06:15 AM
The poll was a little confusing. :)

The ONLY reason the banners and stuff should stop is if Clark fires Pioli. Even if he comes out and says he will, the banners shouldn't stop until he actually DOES it.

The Cassel stuff is over, the point is made. I wouldn't even include him in the effort anymore.

TimeForWasp
10-09-2012, 06:35 AM
I think some of us have overestimated the banner. Yes it got their attention, but they will not verbally respond and will not let it show that we influenced them in any way. The only action we may possibly see is in their actions . Not in any verbal response or admitting anything. We may have gotten a response disguised as an injury. Crennel said he was waiting for the medical people to respond and kind of made it sound like they had to be extra careful with Natt's health. Last year it was his hand and I was kind of surprised they actually put him on IR. I see the same thing happening this time. I think he will be put on IR again. A way for them to save face and still not admit anything. Think of it from their standpoint. They can't show that they will cave in because of fans and banners and signs or anything like that. Believe me, they notice it, but cannot and will not admit. It will only be shown in their actions. I also kind of picked up from Crennel , that he didn't only mention Quinn, but he also mentioned Stanzi a couple times. I have the feeling they really want Stanzi to succeed rather than Quinn who is only signed for this year. I think Stanzi has talent but was just imature.

KCUnited
10-09-2012, 06:39 AM
I'd say they already responded.

Old Dog
10-09-2012, 06:53 AM

same

TimeForWasp
10-09-2012, 06:58 AM
I don't think there is a chance in hell Pioli is fired mid season. After the season is over if at all, and only if the team stays as pathetic as it is right now. I don't think we will. I think we have seen the worst of the chiefs for this year. From here on out it will be improvement tilll the end of the year.

HonestChieffan
10-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Knowing when to back off may be more important than what to do to start with. Overplay the hand and you can eliminate all the good done in the beginning.

Predarat
10-09-2012, 07:04 AM
polly has to go, no crackers for that shithead.

ChiTown
10-09-2012, 07:05 AM
The poll was a little confusing. :)

The ONLY reason the banners and stuff should stop is if Clark fires Pioli. Even if he comes out and says he will, the banners shouldn't stop until he actually DOES it.

The Cassel stuff is over, the point is made. I wouldn't even include him in the effort anymore.

THIS!

Cassel = Symptom

Pioli = Problem

Get rid of the problem and the banners/etc will stop

Chiefnj2
10-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Pioli doesn't care one iota about the banner.

Fish
10-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Here's what I'd like Clark to do (I posted this in another thread):

1. Immediately announce the termination of the contract of Scott Pioli, effective immediately.

2. Announce that effective immediately through next year, prices of all tickets and parking lot fees will be dropped to exactly what they were the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, from 1993.

3. Apologize to the fans, the taxpayers of Jackson County, and especially to Season Ticket holders for the unacceptable results on the field, and the arrogance and trashing of Chiefs history off of it.

4. Announce that he is either moving to Kansas City full-time or selling the team, looking only for someone who will live in Kansas City and be a present owner.

5. Make no changes to this year's coaching staff, publicly saying that you want to maintain continuity on the field, but ultimately setting up for the top 5 draft pick that you will then hire a new GM and Coaching Staff who will draft and develop a new QB in the 1st round.

None of that will ever happen. Not no how...

pr_capone
10-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Knowing when to back off may be more important than what to do to start with. Overplay the hand and you can eliminate all the good done in the beginning.

This is really where I am leaning with this. But singe I am playing with everyone's money I really want feedback as I decide what to do next.

Or, I could hand out switch blades and the last one standing gets to decide what happens next. :D

Personally, I prefer polling and talking.

RealSNR
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't know how your screwed up poll works. It's like you asked Scott Pioli to create it.