PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock goes on Fox Sports Radio and champions the cause

Hammock Parties
10-09-2012, 02:23 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YJpIE-4CfUs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2012, 02:24 PM
JWhit, I apologize for my ignorance. You are in our corner, and I am in yours.

#saveourchiefs

mcaj22
10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
whitlock is the man. i am glad he can call eric winston stupid. someone has to.

Dayze
10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
JWhit, if you can some how fanagle a side by side remote interview on ESPN with Pioli....I'll buy you how every many ribs you can eat. I might have to dip into the Fire Pioli fund, but by god you'll get the ribs.

BoneKrusher
10-09-2012, 02:28 PM
whitlock is the man. i am glad he can call eric winston stupid. someone has to.

yeah, Winston cant protect Cassel from the defense so he's trying to protect him from the fanbase.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
After Whitlock's interview, POB and Hartman were whining that they never got ribs from Kansas City like JWhit apparently promised. We should tap the banner fund, send them some ribs with a note saying "Tell the truth, we're listening. #saveourchiefs.com"

TEX
10-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Dude NAILED it!

Rasputin
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Whitlock needs more articles, airtime & hamburgers.

FAX
10-09-2012, 02:37 PM
He nailed it alright. Truth to power.

I now fear for Mr. jwhit's safety.

By the way, are all the KC radio guys as obtuse and dull-witted as these guys? Whoever they are, they're not helping to solve the "KC As Embarrassing Sports Town" conception.

FAX

Molitoth
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
If everyone outside of KC WANTS to believe that we are classless rednecks, fine by me. This is all a part of embarrassing Clark Hunt to bring change.

Fritz88
10-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Still CP hates Whitlock?

Hammock Parties
10-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Still CP hates Whitlock?

Whitlock is the single best thing that has happened to Chiefs football since Joe Montana.

hometeam
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Jwhit, will you marry me?

The Franchise
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Pure. Awesomeness.

Saleenman607
10-09-2012, 02:47 PM
JWhit deserves his own jersey.

I love's me some big sexy

That is all.............

Dayze
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
damnit; no sound.

Saleenman607
10-09-2012, 02:51 PM
JWhit is officially invited to my crib for beer and bratts.........

Alton deFlat
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Awesome

Ace Gunner
Local radio has been on the "good morning america" report sympathizing with the NFL and demonizing KC fans.

The media is blindly supporting the NFL corporation and local radio is going off on it, sticking up for fans.

What a POS corporate media is.

hometeam
Still CP hates Whitlock?

Im pretty sure whitlock is the talking head of CP in the national media. We know he frequents the board, and he has been right all along.

Cp loves em some whitlock.

God of Thunder
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
It was fantastic. It's certainly going to help the #chiefsnation cause.

raybec 4
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
He said working class again. We should find a way to be offended by that.

Radar Chief
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Way ahead of you. /memyselfi

Reerun_KC
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
HOLY SHIT PWNED!!!!

siberian khatru
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Way to go, Jason!

BTW, every time I hear Pat O'Brien's voice, I can't help but think of "You are so ****ing hot ... I want to lick your p***y."

HemiEd
10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Jwhit is making me all tingly. :D

DeezNutz
10-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Money. Absolutely money.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2012, 03:06 PM
BADASS!

J Diddy
10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Im pretty sure whitlock is the talking head of CP in the national media. We know he frequents the board, and he has been right all along.

Cp loves em some whitlock.

It's not that he's been right all along, ahem Priest Holmes, but he's right in this case.

Dave Lane
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Right now Pioli is sending every negative story about us fans to Clark like he's a crank ridden carrier pigeon.

Dayze
10-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Way to go, Jason!

BTW, every time I hear Pat O'Brien's voice, I can't help but think of "You are so ****ing hot ... I want to lick your p***y."

wut?

siberian khatru
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
wut?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/227154

Dayze
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll need to check that out at home lol. There are so many scenarios in my head of why/how/when O'Brien would use that.

lcarus
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
This was all a conspiracy. The phone call man. THE PHONE CALL!

:tinfoil:

acasas4
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
:bravo:

SPATCH
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
fucking goosebumps

oldman
10-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Sorry, but no we shouldn't be. This town was founded and grown by those that made their living with their hands. Whether it be at the local GM/Ford plant, the stockyards, or the railroads, this is a blue collar town. Many of the folks in JOCO owe that address to their folks who put them through college.
As far as JW, right on my brother. Some roided up reject from another team comes into town, gets a hardy welcome and a fat contract and then has the freaking balls to call out an entire fanbase due to a few clowns is dead to me. You haven't even been here long enough to find the good BBQ places in town, Eric, so STFU. This whole mess was something that happened due to a lull in Tebow news.

Austin Ed
10-09-2012, 04:20 PM
If everyone outside of KC WANTS to believe that we are classless rednecks, fine by me. This is all a part of embarrassing Clark Hunt to bring change.

I actually am a redneck and really don't have too much class. I grew up in Raytown for Christ sake. However, I am proud of my roots and particularly my hometown. Truth be told, I go to Chiefs games nowadays to be with my people in the lots before the game, not to see the Chiefs. Maybe next game we all ought to stay outside and tailgate the whole time. Party like a bunch of rednecks and let Winston and the national media that they were right about us.

Molitoth
10-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I actually am a redneck and really don't have too much class. I grew up in Raytown for Christ sake. However, I am proud of my roots and particularly my hometown. Truth be told, I go to Chiefs games nowadays to be with my people in the lots before the game, not to see the Chiefs. Maybe next game we all ought to stay outside and tailgate the whole time. Party like a bunch of rednecks and let Winston and the national media that they were right about us.

Awesome! :thumb:

Bwana
10-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Fantastic

BigRedChief
10-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Still CP hates Whitlock?He is permanently off the shit list. Jwhit is the black Brad Pitt. The sexiest man to ever host a radio show. ;)

Beef Supreme
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
The real amazing thing about this whole situation is that MORE fans didn't cheer when Cassel was injured.

After years of frustration at shitty quarterback play, and calls for him to be benched most of the season, and previous seasons, this team puts together a game plan that does not involve a forward pass in order to prevent the ineptitude of Matt Cassel from influencing the game. Yet he still manages to completely **** things up to a staggering degree, and still no word from the sideline to bench his sorry ass.

I called my 74 year old dad before halftime and asked him why we even had a quarterback. Might as well just snap the ball to Charles and save the chance of a bad exchange. I was so goddamn frustrated with this team my dog went and hid in the other room. And it was obvious that the only way Cassel was coming out of the game was an injury.

And after all of this frustration, that I am sure was shared by Chiefs fans everywhere, particularly those in the stadium, only a relative handful cheered when that one who sucks the penis went down. And we are the ****ing bad guys here?

teedubya
10-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Holy Shit. I love Jason Whitlock. This is amazing... glad to see him going to bat for the fans.

mdchiefsfan
10-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Boom goes the dynamite

Big Chief Homer
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Thank You Jason! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

the Talking Can
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM

bingo

saphojunkie
10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I would fucking LOVE to see what Philly fans would do if Cassel played for them and went down. Or Jets fans.

Hammock Parties
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Upvote, please.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/117ts3/jason_whitlock_defends_chiefs_fans/

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
J Whitt, any time you want to come down to Texas I'll kill a pig in your honor.

Bring the sauce !

wazu
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
I loved his column, but this was WAY better! AWESOME JWHIT! OUR VOICE!

FlaChief58
10-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you JWhit for being the voice of reason. I think I love you :wayne:

New World Order
10-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I am glad everyone told him to f off when he came on this board and posted "KC deserves better." (sarcasm)

ArthurJGuy
10-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I know I'm a n00b here, but this video is the reason that I am on board.

I was skeptical at first about the banner, mostly because I didn't fully understand where it was coming from and the intent. I get it now, and I'm with you guys. I'm a 28 year old fan that was born in KCMO and lived in Olathe until the late 90's. My parent's had season tickets and I remember exactly how it used to be.

Whitlock is dead on the money, this has been a long time coming, we need to see some results.

Chiefspants
10-09-2012, 10:23 PM

I was skeptical at first about the banner, mostly because I didn't fully understand where it was coming from and the intent. I get it now, and I'm with you guys. I'm a 28 year old fan that was born in KCMO and lived in Olathe until the late 90's. My parent's had season tickets and I remember exactly how it used to be.

Whitlock is dead on the money, this has been a long time coming, we need to see some results.

You're going to fit right in around here.

Hammock Parties
10-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Whitlock and RTC, slaying Pioli. :hail:

Mk19
10-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Absolutely perfect.

BossChief
10-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I just got a chance to listen to this and it makes me want to give Jason a big old hug and buy him a steak and beer.

dtebbe
10-09-2012, 10:55 PM
He is permanently off the shit list. Jwhit is the black Brad Pitt. The sexiest man to ever host a radio show. ;)

:fatlock:

Oh shit.. you bitches are getting soft.. :mad:

kcxiv
10-09-2012, 11:01 PM
:fatlock:

Oh shit.. you bitches are getting soft.. :mad:

how is it getting soft when he's the only major media guy sticking up for the KC fans?

dtebbe
10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
how is it getting soft when he's the only major media guy sticking up for the KC fans?

Whitlock is doing what is best for Whitlock, just like he always will. Three days of grandstanding (even though I agree with his cause) does not make up for years of general dumbassery.

And, I'm half-ass joking about the soft bitches part.. geeez.. LMAO

DT

kcxiv
10-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Whitlock is doing what is best for Whitlock, just like he always will. Three days of grandstanding (even though I agree with his cause) does not make up for years of general dumbassery.

DT

i undestand he's doing whats best for him, but my point still stands. Its not like he's lying in what he's saying. While i understand that its his job and he has to do whats best for his career, i do think he has some compassion for the fans. He understands what bullshit the Chiefs fans have been going through for a long time.

There is no one else. Maybe Kent Babb in the future now that he moved on up.

10-10-2012, 12:58 AM

DT

It was very rare I disagreed with him on his KC takes. I didn't pay much attention to him when he went national though.

FAX
10-10-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't think the fact that Whitlock has self-interest at stake here is lost on anyone.

Clearly, he wins if Pioli continues to fail and is eventually publicly revealed to be the megalomaniac that he is. It doesn't change the effect of his efforts, though. And he has stepped up in a time of need ... with both his talent and money. That deserves both acknowledgement and gratitude.

On top of that, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

FAX

NJChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't think the fact that Whitlock has self-interest at stake here is lost on anyone.

Clearly, he wins if Pioli continues to fail and is eventually publicly revealed to be the megalomaniac that he is. It doesn't change the effect of his efforts, though. And he has stepped up in a time of need ... with both his talent and money. That deserves both acknowledgement and gratitude.

On top of that, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

FAX

The U.S. had interest in getting to Berlin first. Doesn't mean that the results that came from it on their way there weren't both real and valuable.

suzzer99
10-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I thought Whitlock was just butthurt and petty about Pioli's secrecy 4 years ago.

I was wrong.

FAX
10-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I thought Whitlock was just butthurt and petty about Pioli's secrecy 4 years ago.

I was wrong.

So was I, Mr. suzzer99.

I was highly critical of him. Like you, I thought he was merely upset because Pioli hogged the breadsticks at dinner. But Whitlock was right all along and I was so blinded by the relief I felt at getting a new GM in here that I was unwilling to listen.

However, in order to make amends, I had a custom Whitlock Fathead made. Sadly, it is too large to fit in my house.

FAX

JazzzLovr
10-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Maybe next game we all ought to stay outside and tailgate the whole time. Party like a bunch of rednecks and let Winston and the national media that they were right about us.

I love this idea! A ChiefsNation sit-in in the Arrowhead parking lot for Phase 3? :-)

ROYC75
10-10-2012, 04:33 AM
OK Jason, keep it up and when I come back to town, the BBQ is on me!:drool:

ROYC75
10-10-2012, 04:34 AM
However, in order to make amends, I had a custom Whitlock Fathead made. Sadly, it is too large to fit in my house.

FAX

:LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2012, 04:55 AM
After Whitlock's interview, POB and Hartman were whining that they never got ribs from Kansas City like JWhit apparently promised. We should tap the banner fund, send them some ribs with a note saying "Tell the truth, we're listening. #saveourchiefs.com"

That's actually a good idea. I'd change the message. But the ribs show up with a card saying something like "We heard you agree with Whitlock about us, and we appreciate your intellectual honesty" #saveourchiefs.com it would probably not only go over well, but get the website and twitter handle a plug on the show.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2012, 05:01 AM

Behind the scenes, this is EXACTLY what I'm hoping to accomplish. 50k plus of people in the parking lot partying the fuck up while the game goes on inside. That would be a HUGE media blitz.

10-10-2012, 05:06 AM
I'd probably be game for a parking lot sit in.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2012, 05:07 AM
We busted Big Sexy's balls because we WANTED to believe. We had finally gotten a new regime, and it was an incredibly sexy name and title at the time. I think Jason understands we were desperate then. He's a pro. He did his job then, and took the heat. Instead of coming back and saying "See?", he's going to bat for us with the National media. I don't understand why people are still bashing him for anything at this point.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2012, 05:08 AM
I'd probably be game for a parking lot sit in.

If it goes down, I'll be pissing my employer off and driving all the fucking way up there from Hillbilly Hollywood just to sit in the parking lot with you fuckers. And I mean I'll be PISSING my employer off. Not a single fuck will be given.

10-10-2012, 05:10 AM
If it goes down, I'll be pissing my employer off and driving all the ****ing way up there from Hillbilly Hollywood just to sit in the parking lot with you ****ers. And I mean I'll be PISSING my employer off. Not a single **** will be given.

:thumb:

AussieChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Behind the scenes, this is EXACTLY what I'm hoping to accomplish. 50k plus of people in the parking lot partying the fuck up while the game goes on inside. That would be a HUGE media blitz.

Watching and how the rest of the NFL reacts would be incredible.

the Talking Can
10-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Behind the scenes, this is EXACTLY what I'm hoping to accomplish. 50k plus of people in the parking lot partying the **** up while the game goes on inside. That would be a HUGE media blitz.

doubt it could be pulled off, but it is a good spirited protest and would be fun and hilarious...

BlackHelicopters
10-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Is Whitlock losing weight?

bevischief
10-10-2012, 06:42 AM

Welcome aboard.

Steron
10-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks Jason.

redfan
10-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Oh wow. That was fucking beautiful, man!

htismaqe
10-10-2012, 06:59 AM
We busted Big Sexy's balls because we WANTED to believe. We had finally gotten a new regime, and it was an incredibly sexy name and title at the time. I think Jason understands we were desperate then. He's a pro. He did his job then, and took the heat. Instead of coming back and saying "See?", he's going to bat for us with the National media. I don't understand why people are still bashing him for anything at this point.

the Talking Can
10-10-2012, 07:01 AM
i could not have said it better myself...perfect

AussieChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 07:05 AM

Lzen
10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Loved it. But did anyone else think it seemed like it was cut short? Is there a part II?

ArthurJGuy
10-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Loved it. But did anyone else think it seemed like it was cut short? Is there a part II?

I also was curious what else was said after that.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:20 AM

It's not cut short. After I cut it he goes on to talk about Jets BS.

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-10-2012, 10:23 AM

This!

ChiefSmoke
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I would ****ing LOVE to see what Philly fans would do if Cassel played for them and went down. Or Jets fans.

That's it.....defend the indefensible by rallying around fan bases that throw batteries.

Fucking loon

Phobia
10-11-2012, 01:37 PM
That's it.....defend the indefensible by rallying around fan bases that throw batteries.

****ing loon

I haven't really seen anybody try to defend it other than to say it was a few meatheads rather than the whole crowd. But seriously, it's not like he was Theismaned or motionless out there. There, now I just defended it a little. Who even knows what anybody was cheering since there were 4 positives to cheer on that play inside a 60 second window and one negative. It's just an unfortunate situation that was exacerbated by one nitwit's comments postgame.

Dave Lane
10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Laz hated it. There was no proof for any of this.

FAX
10-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I haven't really seen anybody try to defend it other than to say it was a few meatheads rather than the whole crowd. But seriously, it's not like he was Theismaned or motionless out there. There, now I just defended it a little. Who even knows what anybody was cheering since there were 4 positives to cheer on that play inside a 60 second window and one negative. It's just an unfortunate situation that was exacerbated by one nitwit's comments postgame.

People should also keep in mind that there were Ratbird fans in attendance.

It's very possible they were quothing some bad stuff, too.

FAX

BigRock
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
We busted Big Sexy's balls because we WANTED to believe. We had finally gotten a new regime, and it was an incredibly sexy name and title at the time. I think Jason understands we were desperate then. He's a pro. He did his job then, and took the heat.
Let's not rewrite history. Jason was absolutely right about Pioli. But he let the situation get personal, became entirely focused on pushing his agenda, and abandoned his credibility in the process. It was embarrassing and he deserved a great deal of the criticism he took.

It's great he stuck up for fans on the Winston thing, but it doesn't change how he handled himself before.

beach tribe
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM

This is exactly where I sit with this. He was right, and everyone eventually figured it out. Some a lot quicker than others. I was one of the last to jump ship, because I wanted to believe in Pioli. But I was wrong. I was Dead wrong.

FAX
10-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Let's not rewrite history. Jason was absolutely right about Pioli. But he let the situation get personal, became entirely focused on pushing his agenda, and abandoned his credibility in the process. It was embarrassing and he deserved a great deal of the criticism he took.

It's great he stuck up for fans on the Winston thing, but it doesn't change how he handled himself before.

Interesting point, Mr. BigRock (not to pretend that us Midwesterners have a brain or anything remotely similar since we're about to play the geniuses of the gridiron on Sunday), but you make a good point.

Whitlock writes/wrote/writ an opinion column. That, of course, is very different than straight news. But, as such, he always tended to focus on more controversial subjects and almost always personalized them.

In other words, I think the idea that he "made is personal" sort of comes with the territory when your job is to write opinion.

FAX

BigRock
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
In other words, I think the idea that he "made is personal" sort of comes with the territory when your job is to write opinion.
By "made it personal", I mean it became his singular focus. Particularly after his Brian Waters "I want a trade" story didn't turn public opinion against Pioli/Haley like he wanted it to. From that point on, everything was about pushing his agenda.

It didn't matter how flimsy the criticism was. It didn't matter if he had to reverse positions and argue against something that he'd previously argued for. He wanted to drive it forward at any cost.

It was sad to watch. Sadder still because he would have been proven right in the end without having to resort to that.

dtebbe
10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
He lives! He lives!

http://stopwatches.com/pix/fatlock.gif

Otter
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks JW

bevischief
10-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Keep up the good fight.

GloryDayz
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I do approve... Sure wish he'd have mentioned the Hunt family's total failure as owners, as cowards, as uncaring owners, as horrible football people 57 more times, but alas, I leave happy!