PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star)

Pages : [1] 2

Marcellus
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/08/24/22/47/jTGyo.Em.81.jpeg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/08/24/22/47/jTGyo.St.81.jpeg)

By all rights, it shouldn’t be this way for Brady Quinn. He’s 27 and in his sixth NFL season, so as a former first-round draft pick he should not only have a team to call his own but be comfortably rooted as its starting quarterback.
It hasn’t worked that way for Quinn. But he will get a chance, perhaps a last chance, to resurrect his long-stalled career on Sunday when he will make his first start in almost three years, this one for the Chiefs against the Buccaneers in Tampa.
Quarterback Matt Cassel has not been medically cleared to participate and did not practice Wednesday. Coach Romeo Crennel didn’t rule Cassel out of Sunday’s game, but given that the NFL demands caution with players who have suffered a concussion, as Cassel did last week, that appears to be a formality.
So the Chiefs will go with Quinn, who played for a handful of snaps in relief of the injured Cassel toward the end of last week’s game against Baltimore.
“This is his opportunity to reclaim his career,” said Shawn Zobel, who runs a draft website at DraftHeadquarters.com (http://draftheadquarters.com/). Zobel thought enough of Quinn when he came out of Notre Dame in 2007 that he could have been the overall No. 1 pick.
“He’s only 27. So he’s got that going for him. When you think about it from that perspective, he’s younger than (Cleveland rookie quarterback) Brandon Weeden.”
Cassel was at the practice facility Wednesday, but only briefly. He did not attend practice.
“He came into the building today,” Crennel said. “He was not here long. Concussions, they want you to rest, take your time with it.
“He’s been getting a series of tests as it relates to the concussion and he’s been seeing the doctors. I think he’s getting better but you know the league is very serious and cautious about concussions and how about how to handle them so we have to follow procedures on that as we go forward.”
So the Chiefs will go with Quinn on Sunday. While that prospect doesn’t sound exciting to at least some NFL teams — in the past three years, Quinn has been discarded by the Browns, couldn’t get off the bench for the Broncos and not good enough to replace a struggling Cassel for the Chiefs — at one time it would have been.
He was a first-round pick in 2007 of the Browns, then coached by Crennel. He spent two seasons with Cleveland under Crennel, making only three starts, and one year after Crennel was fired, making nine starts.
He was then traded to Denver, where he spent two years buried on the bench behind Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. He joined the Chiefs as a free agent this year. That’s hardly the career predicted for Quinn when he left Notre Dame.
“I know when I went into Notre Dame, they’d had a couple .500 seasons, or right about that, and I know that we went to two BCS games in the first two years that I was at Notre Dame and one of the main reasons was Brady Quinn,” said Kansas’ Charlie Weis, Quinn’s coach at the end of his Irish career. “And when he left, I told the people, the fans and everyone that you’re really going to miss this kid when he’s gone. And we went 3-9 the next year. So there’s a lot to say for what that kid did for Notre Dame when I was there. We won a lot of football games and he carried the torch. He was clearly the leader.”
Sunday’s game gives Quinn a chance to reestablish his career. Cassel left the lineup because of injury, but was playing so poorly that the Chiefs couldn’t afford to yank Quinn if he plays well during his trial as the starter.
But Quinn wouldn’t acknowledge that on Wednesday.
“There is no bigger picture,” he said. “Tampa is a good team. We’ve got a big challenge ahead of us. There’s no need for me or anyone else to be looking further than this week or even tomorrow’s preparation.”
Yet Quinn also admitted his emotions stirred when he replaced Cassel last week, the first time he’s played in the regular season since December 2009. He said he expected them to do so on Sunday as well.
Since he was Cleveland’s coach when Quinn was drafted, it’s reasonable to believe the quarterback is a favorite of Crennel’s. He didn’t sound on Wednesday as if he had a lot of confidence in Quinn.
“I hope the fact that he understands the offense and understands the system (means) he will be able to step in and be productive,” Crennel said. “He’s got some height, he’s got experience, he can throw the ball down the field, he can throw it intermediate. He has a good command of the offense. He knows what’s expected. He knows the calls and can get us into plays, out of plays.
“Now he has to go execute.” (Unlike CAssel?)

Quinn didn’t play at all as a rookie and started only three games the next season. He lost the rest of that season with a finger injury.
“He was a good talent coming out,” Crennel said. “There’s no doubt about it. He was a productive quarterback and had command of the offense that he ran up at Notre Dame and the weapons he had with him.
“When he got to us, we didn’t have quite as many weapons as he had there at Notre Dame and he was learning a new system and so he wasn’t quite as effective as he had been at Notre Dame. Then he got hurt also. That impacted his development. That made it tough to make a solid evaluation of him.”
Quinn remained with the Browns for one more year after Crennel was fired. His coordinator that season was Brian Daboll, now with the Chiefs. Daboll was unavailable for comment Wednesday but Crennel said, remarkably, that he never asked Daboll what he thought of Quinn before the Chiefs signed him.
The Chiefs are hopeful the Browns were wrong on giving up on Quinn so quickly.
“He was only there for three years,” Zobel said. “To me, when a guy gets drafted in the first round and didn’t play a down his first year and starts only three games his second year and then nine the next year, there’s no way to make a good evaluation on him. It just wasn’t a good mix of talent there. That wasn’t a great situation there.
“He never got a fair shake with the Browns. It never got off on the right foot. That’s not how a team should allow a young guy to develop. You should put him out there and let him take his lumps and learn from them. He never had that opportunity.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/10/3860861/cassel-still-out-quinn-will-run.html#storylink=cpy

The 2 bold parts just make you go WTF.

I know this has been discussed but considering how little time Quinn has had on the field why do so many people think he sucks?

Reerun_KC
10-10-2012, 07:46 PM
I hope Quinn gets broke in half or fails just as bad as Cassel...

I dont want false hope in the fanbase or for Pioli to retain his role by any success by Quinn...

But also Quinn blows ass, so we shouldnt havent much to worry about.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I know this has been discussed but considering how little time Quinn has had on the field why do so many people think he sucks?

I'm guessing his career up to this point.

Rausch
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
So the HC didn't even speak with the OC before going after a b/u QB?...

Rausch
10-10-2012, 07:50 PM

I dont want false hope in the fanbase or for Pioli to retain his role by any success by Quinn...

I'd like to believe we have a respectable no 2 QB going into next year...

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 07:53 PM

I want Quinn to succeed because I just cannot see this team giving up on Cassel unless they absolutely have to.

I don't worry about Quinn giving the team false hope. If Quinn keeps the job until season's end, I feel pretty confident they'll still get a QB. There isn't any man crush at stake here.

FlaChief58

It's a process

Dr. Johnny Fever
I'd like to believe we have a respectable no 2 QB going into next year...

This. We are Chiefs fans and we hate success unless it comes with the guy we want.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ac5Oo.gif

CoMoChief
10-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I hope Quinn does well....simply because I don't ever want to see Cassel starting another game for KC in my life.

CoMoChief
10-10-2012, 07:57 PM

You need to post that gif of Cassel in the Ravens playoff game where he has like 10seconds to throw, hops around like a moron....shits his pants because he sees a ladybug on the ground, then throws an INT.

That's the best Cassel GIF IMO...not the Denver game where he overthrows a 5 yd pass by a mile.

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Yeah, we've seen that throw.

A thousand times.

That was years ago. Ca$$hole has failed 3 of the last 4 years...

Marcellus
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I hope Quinn does well....simply because I don't ever want to see Cassel starting another game for KC in my life.

Boom. This. X2. All the other lexicon that means the same thing.

Coogs
10-10-2012, 08:02 PM
"He’s only 27. So he’s got that going for him. When you think about it from that perspective, he’s younger than (Cleveland rookie quarterback) Brandon Weeden.”

I know this will not be popular, but I hope if Quinn succeeds here, he really succeeds. I would love for this team to get on a roll. A big roll. Not a 6-10 type season, but 9-7 to even 10-6. It's a long shot, I know. But it has been done before.

I would be just as thrilled for a 27 year old Quinn as I would be many of the 1st round QB's comming out in this draft short of one... Geno Smith... but I don't see that happening.

Next best option for me behind Smith would be for Quinn to break out. Saw it many years ago with Len Dawson. Maybe time for history to repeat it self for the Chiefs.

Discuss Thrower
10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
If I could, I would take every GoChiefs post on Quinn as RehashPlanet.

Not because I think he's wrong, but I'm tired of seeing the same take again and again and again and again and again and again...

stonedstooge
10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I always thought that Crennel maybe just wasn't good at public speaking, but after hearing more of him, he's a fucking moron. How did this guy ever make it to this level in the NFL. This bullshit of protecting Cassel as if he was some fucking superstar player on this team is so baffling I just don't even know what to say anymore.

notorious
10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
He better do one of two things:

1. Suck complete ass

2. Win the Superbowl

Anything else is just jerking off with a whiskey dick.

Marcellus
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
He better do one of two things:

1. Suck complete ass

2. Win the Superbowl

Anything else is just jerking off with a whiskey dick.

True for the most part.

The part about Quinn still being younger than Brandon Weeden cracked me up though.

JFC like the Browns haven't gone through enough. They drafted a rookie QB in the 1st round who is older than their last 1st round draft pick QB that they no longer have, who has been in the NFL for 6 years. :doh!:

FAX
10-10-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm just hoping that the squad rallies around him. What we need in Tampa is a good, strong squad rally.

FAX

O.city
10-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Just be nice to see someone at QB who has some kind of idea what he is doing.

I'm amazed that a GM can watch Matt Cassel and his shitty mechanics, awful accuracy, weakish arm, and terrible vision and think that he is a starting NFL Qb.

Shit, Quinn might set the world on fire. I don't know. Probably won't.

But atleast he has some sort of resemblance to a QB.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM

He throws the ball like 40 yards.

WTF...? Is that allowed?

Shogun
10-10-2012, 08:16 PM
IF ONLY WE HAD ALEX SMITH AND A HARBAUGH

notorious
The part about Quinn still being younger than Brandon Weeden cracked me up though.

LMAO

How do you think Weedon felt in a locker room full of 19 and 20 year olds?

"Hey bro! Can you go buy us some beer after practice?!"

stonedstooge
I'm just hoping that the squad rallies around him. What we need in Tampa is a good, strong squad rally.

FAX

Roleo sounds like a showing like that would piss him off

Marcellus
He throws the ball like 40 yards.

WTF...? Is that allowed?

Quinn's interceptions will leave the opponent with much worse field position than Cassel's interceptions for sure. :D

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Quinn's interceptions will leave the opponent with much worse field position than Cassel's interceptions for sure. :D

There's that...

O.city
10-10-2012, 08:18 PM
One of the biggest Pioli fuck ups that no one is talking about is Kyle Orton.

I know he isn't/wasn't the answer, but I'd venture to say that if he were the starting QB this year we'd be better than 1-4.

Matt Cassel is a team life sucker.

I haven't been round much this week as it's midterms and I've been busy with stuff, but the whole Winston thing was bs. Yeah, I like him taking up for his Qb. Fine, good job.

But why isn't he jabbing at his own fucking team members for playing like their hair was on fire once Cassel went out. It was like new life was breathed into the team.

BigMeatballDave
If Quinn lights it up, Crennel and Pioli will look stupid having handed the starting job to a lesser talented QB.

The Bad Guy
So Quinn could reclaim his career due to one start?

I hope he sucks as bad as Cassel. Quinn success would equal bad things for this franchise and provide more smoke and mirrors.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2012, 08:19 PM
One of the biggest Pioli **** ups that no one is talking about is Kyle Orton.

I know he isn't/wasn't the answer, but I'd venture to say that if he were the starting QB this year we'd be better than 1-4.

I haven't been round much this week as it's midterms and I've been busy with stuff, but the whole Winston thing was bs. Yeah, I like him taking up for his Qb. Fine, good job.

But why isn't he jabbing at his own ****ing team members for playing like their hair was on fire once Cassel went out. It was like new life was breathed into the team.

Orton didn't want to be here. He took similar money as a backup to what we were offering. He knew this team was Cassel's.

TEX
I always thought that Crennel maybe just wasn't good at public speaking, but after hearing more of him, he's a ****ing moron. How did this guy ever make it to this level in the NFL. This bullshit of protecting Cassel as if he was some ****ing superstar player on this team is so baffling I just don't even know what to say anymore.

He's The ultimate yes man. That's how he made it to this level

FAX
Roleo sounds like a showing like that would piss him off

ROFL

He does, doesn't he?

That Roleo ... such a pessimist. He needs to check his attitude because the squad takes on the personality of their coach and we need a motivated, enthusiastic squad ... not a depressed, apathetic squad.

FAX

Gonzo
IMHO Quinn failing would be bad. Then Pioli could just refer to bad coaching, etc or find some other damn excuse. we need him to succeed at least a little. Mediocrity and a W would be acceptable so we'd never have to see Matt "throw" another fucking pass.

O.city
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Orton didn't want to be here. He took similar money as a backup to what we were offering. He knew this team was Cassel's.

Thats what I'm saying. That was an easy/somewhat easy out for Pioli from Cassel.

He got injured and Orton sparked the team, we are gonna move forward with Kyle Orton at this point.

O.city
10-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Whats even shittier is that Quinn looked better in the preseason with the 2's and 3's than Matt did with the 1's.

"But Matts a good leader"

Marcellus
10-10-2012, 08:23 PM
If Quinn lights it up, Crennel and Pioli will look stupid having handed the starting job to a lesser talented QB.

LJ vs JC ring a bell?

Coogs
So Quinn could reclaim his career due to one start?

I hope he sucks as bad as Cassel. Quinn success would equal bad things for this franchise and provide more smoke and mirrors.

If he can't beat out Cassel in one start, then I suspect your 2nd sentence will come to fruitation. I'm not sure if I would agree with your 3rd sentence just yet though.

Like I said earlier, outside of Smith, at this point none of the other potential 1st round QB's really excites me just yet.

Gonzo
Thats what I'm saying. That was an easy/somewhat easy out for Pioli from Cassel.

He got injured and Orton sparked the team, we are gonna move forward with Kyle Orton at this point.

Shit, I dunno... I think we're just fubar'd no matter what. All I know is I just don't ever want to see Cassel again. Ever. I'll take Quinn or Orton or Doug fucking Flutie at this point.

FAX
One of the biggest Pioli **** ups that no one is talking about is Kyle Orton.

But why isn't he jabbing at his own ****ing team members for playing like their hair was on fire once Cassel went out. It was like new life was breathed into the team.

It did appear that, overall, the squad played much better after Cassel went all glassy-eyed and spinny-headed.

Hey I have a squad joke for you ... here it comes ...

Do you know what Matt Cassel and a Slinky have in common?

They are both completely useless but it's fun to shove them down the stairs.

FAX

Easy 6
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I still believe Romeo can be a helluva DC, but yeah, we certainly dont need him in charge of a hotshot rookies development... the article is pretty damning of him in that respect.

As for Quinn, i still have doubts stronger than a Mongo punch, but it certainly WAS nice to see a few throws that didnt come off a helium tank, i hope he lights a fire big enough to be seen from space & regains his old glory... with that new found league/self respect, he would then be a suitable bridge/mentor type to the afformentioned hotshot rookie.

FlaChief58
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
It did appear that, overall, the squad played much better after Cassel went all glassy-eyed and spinny-headed.

FAX

ROFL

ReynardMuldrake
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
The better Quinn looks the stupider Pioli looks. I want Quinn to succeed just to make Pioli look like a giant flaming jackass.

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:26 PM
The better Quinn looks the stupider Pioli looks. I want Quinn to succeed just to make Pioli look like a giant flaming jackass.

This.

I just want Quinn to play good enough to keep Ca$$hole on the bench.

Anything other than that is gravy...

Marcellus
10-10-2012, 08:26 PM

Damn never thought of that.

Problem is that will only look that way here. Everywhere else it will be Pioli was a genious for signing Quinn to back up Cassel in case he failed.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2012, 08:28 PM
If he can't beat out Cassel in one start, then I suspect your 2nd sentence will come to fruitation. I'm not sure if I would agree with your 3rd sentence just yet though.

Like I said earlier, outside of Smith, at this point none of the other potential 1st round QB's really excites me just yet.

So if Quinn shows well, you had him the keys and wait another year?

That's just not what I want to do. I had my doubts about Tannehill, but he looks like the real deal.

Marcellus
I just noticed the front page is all Quinn threads, no Cassel BS, his name is not mentioned in one thread title. That itself is a win, even if a temporary one.

Bob Dole
I hope Quinn gets broke in half...

Well, we now know who at least on of the fans last week was...

Rausch
Damn never thought of that.

Problem is that will only look that way here. Everywhere else it will be Pioli was a genious for signing Quinn to back up Cassel in case he failed.

The better Quinn plays the more obvious the difference to the casual idiot fan...

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I just noticed the front page is all Quinn threads, no Cassel BS, his name is not mentioned in one thread title. That itself is a win, even if a temporary one.

Baby steps...

The Bad Guy

I don't agree with that. If Quinn does well, Pioli will get another pass with Clark.

BossChief
Haha

The first thing Romeo came up with as far as support of Quinn was "height"?

Well guys, I really like our quarterback because he isn't short.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Fat Elvis
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM

FAX

That should be Cassel's new nickname.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Whats even shittier is that Quinn looked better in the preseason with the 2's and 3's than Matt did with the 1's.

This is NOT TRUE.

People were stroking Cassel off in preseason.

Then the third game came and he sucked, but, eh.

Brady Quinn sucked dog shit in preseason.

Coogs
10-10-2012, 08:36 PM

That's just not what I want to do. I had my doubts about Tannehill, but he looks like the real deal.

Yeah. If he plays well Sunday I would start him after the BYE week. I'd see how the rest of the season plays out before I would commit to him long term though.

Hell, I hope he is great. Nothing wrong with that. That solves a lot of problems.

O.city
10-10-2012, 08:36 PM
You've twice called me a liar in this thread.

Appreciate it.

Marcellus
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
This is NOT TRUE.

So your point would be it doesn't matter what happens in preseason?

ReynardMuldrake
I don't agree with that. If Quinn does well, Pioli will get another pass with Clark.

I want it to be painfully, crushingly, undeniably obvious the magnitude of the mistake he made by jumping in bed with Cassel. If a mediocre QB can come in and look pretty good, there's nothing else to blame it on. If both QBs fail miserably, he's just going to blame it on the coaching staff and say his decision had nothing to do with it.

Canofbier
This is NOT TRUE.

I was about to post the same thing. For better or worse, both Quinn and Stanzi completely and utterly blew in the preseason, and made Cassel look like an NFL QB by comparison.

O.city
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I want it to be painfully, crushingly, undeniably obvious the magnitude of the mistake he made by jumping in bed with Cassel. If a mediocre QB can come in and look pretty good, there's nothing else to blame it on. If both QBs fail miserably, he's just going to blame it on the coaching staff and say his decision had nothing to do with it.

This, or atleast the first part, has already happened.

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah. If he plays well Sunday I would start him after the BYE week. I'd see how the rest of the season plays out before I would commit to him long term though.

The only long term commitment he should get is a low $$$ contract as the b/u.

At best...

petegz28
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJgmeEH1lrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
i look at it this way:
We know exactly what we have in Cassel after three plus years.

we don't know for sure what we have in Brady Quinn, he could me the next Trent Green or Rich Gannon who could take this team out of the cellar of the AFC West and that would be cool with me because it ends the MC era in KC.

as long as we never see Cassel as the Starter again, i'm cool for the try.

Bob Dole
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Didn't you hear? Pioli already got a contract extension.

Coogs
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Remember, Quinn wanted to come here. He could have stayed in Denver for more money. In Denver he is on the bench. In KC, I suspect he thought something like Sunday in Tampa could happen. Another shot at being a starting NFL QB. My guess is he is going to go into this game with the idea of ever handing the job off to anyone else. He may say publicly what Pioli wants to hear... but I bet it is just lip service.

BossChief
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Pioli really fucked us during the draft.

Dallas moved up from 17 to 6 with a second round pick. One would assume we could have moved from 11 to 6 with a third round pick and taken Tannehill and he would be taking over right now. FOR GOOD.

Hey Pioli, how about a franchise quarterback?

Nah, I'll take two linemen instead. Thanks for asking.

What Tannehill has been doing with shit weapons around him is amazing.

If he were here, we damn sure would be excited.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2012, 08:47 PM
QB's are just coming into the league and hit the ground running. They are better prepared and more polished. It's not a risky proposition at all moving up and snagging one.

Marcellus
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJgmeEH1lrE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

With Bowe and Baldwin Quinn has 2 very big tall athletic receivers. Too bad we will run it 90 times.

petegz28
All I can say is I refuse to believe Quinn is worse than Cassel. In camp I thought they were even but that Cassel had the edge. In pre-season we saw Quinn make throws Cassel can't\doesn't\won't. In the Ravens game all 3 of his passes, including the checkdown looked better than anything Cassel has thrown all year save the 1 TD to Boss in the home opener.

Coogs
The only long term commitment he should get is a low $$$ contract as the b/u.

At best...

Depends on what happens the rest of the season. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see what happens Sunday first.

petegz28
10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Depends on what happens the rest of the season. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see what happens Sunday first.

My fears with Quinn are it will take him a few games to get into the groove, he will lead us to a 7-9 season, we cut him, draft a bust and Quinn goes on to tear it up somewhere.

OR

He comes out, tears it up, we don't draft a QB, then he goes all Matt Cassel on us next year.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
In the Ravens game all 3 of his passes, including the checkdown looked better than anything Cassel has thrown all year

That's just not true at all.

Go and look at any throw Cassel made in the first half against Atlanta. He made two or three excellent throws to Bowe that were 20 yards down the field.

Hell, he made a few nice throws against the Saints in the second half.

Brady Quinn is NOT better than Cassel.

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty fucking loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jkM4k_M5Img" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:LOL:

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Go and look at any throw Cassel made in the first half against Atlanta. He made two or three excellent throws to Bowe that were 20 yards down the field.

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty ****ing loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

With your record of predictions and evaluations he's destined for 300 yards and 3 TD's...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2012, 08:52 PM
This line and weapons makes Quinn as hot and sweaty as standing between 2 shirtless men does.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
With your record of predictions and evaluations he's destined for 300 yards and 3 TD's...

...and THIS

petegz28
10-10-2012, 08:54 PM

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty ****ing loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

That's the point, Clay, Cassel makes a few nice throws here and there. I thought this year he would be consistent but he isn't at all. His passing game is like my golf game....1 good shot then 3 bad ones, an ok one, couple more bad ones, an ok one, a good one, maybe another good one, then a few more bad ones. End of the game, 0 birdies, maybe a par or two and a bunch of bogies and double bogies with a triple or two in there.

Rausch
10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
That's the point, Clay, Cassel makes a few nice throws here and there. I thought this year he would be consistent but he isn't at all. His passing game is like my golf game....1 good shot then 3 bad ones, an ok one, couple more bad ones, an ok one, a good one, maybe another good one, then a few more bad ones. End of the game, 0 birdies, maybe a par or two and a bunch of bogies and double bogies with a triple or two in there.

and about 3 turnovers a game...

petegz28
10-10-2012, 09:00 PM
The biggest thing I look for is or receivers not CONSTANTLY having to go up for the ball or CONSTANTLY reach back for the ball or CONSTANTLY go up and reach back for the ball

Coogs
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
My fears with Quinn are it will take him a few games to get into the groove, he will lead us to a 7-9 season, we cut him, draft a bust and Quinn goes on to tear it up somewhere.

OR

He comes out, tears it up, we don't draft a QB, then he goes all Matt Cassel on us next year.

I understand your concerns here. I have them too. One difference though, IMO. If Quinn comes out and tears it up, that would be different to me than Cassel taking over a 16-0 team and leading them to 5 fewer wins... even though an 11 win season looks respectable to most people. If Quinn takes this 1-4 team somewhere I wouldn't be quite as concerned. But again, that may be JMO.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Watch, if Quinn lights it up Sunday, Clay will be sucking Quinn's dick in the forums. Just like he did Cassel's. Because you know, he can change his mind after having such concrete views on the subject.

milkman
10-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Matt Cassel made one NFL throw in that Atlanta game.

The other throws that you are talking about were not bad throws, which is good for Matt Cassel.

O.city
10-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I made a conscious effort this past weekend to watch Brady and Manning throw the ball. Both I believe had over 300 yards passing and a TD or two.

While they did throw the occasional deep ball, or deep out, it's not like these star Qb's aren't throwing it short or intermediate. They aren't chucking it deep time and time again.

The difference is, they put it in spots where their playmakers can make plays. Get it to Bowe in the open field in front of him where he can run. Dude's a monster. Same with Jamaal. Get it to him on some set up screens where they are developed correctly. Breaston, Baldwin, Draughn, Gray, whoever.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Why don't you look up EVERY FUCKING POST I MADE THIS OFFSEASON.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Matt Cassel made one NFL throw in that Atlanta game.

The other throws that you are talking about were not bad throws, which is good for Matt Cassel.

Yeah, but Brady Quinn didn't do shit last week that Cassel hasn't done.

Sitting here and saying QUINN'S 3 PASSES WERE TEH AWESOME is BS.

splatbass
10-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Too late, they already look stupid.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Quinn has more fumbles than career starts.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Why don't you look up EVERY FUCKING POST I MADE THIS OFFSEASON.

Wow, you predicted that Matt Cassel would suck.

This is brand new information.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Quinn has more fumbles than career starts.

http://i.imgur.com/8PIA2.gif

Molitoth
10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I want Quinn to succeed, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still fire pioli and draft geno smith.

O.city
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM

Nice flip ya flopper.

milkman
10-10-2012, 09:35 PM

The 3 passes that Quinn threw weren't awesome, except in relation to Cassel passes.

Two of them were lasers, something that Cassel can not throw, that were on the mark.

His one pass that was off the mark, was only slightly thrown behind the receiver.

I don't expect Quinn to light things up, but I do expect you to know that there was a visible difference between Cassel's ducks and Quinn's passes.

O.city
10-10-2012, 09:36 PM
In his defense Milk, it's not something thats rated on PFF.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I want Quinn to succeed but still suck, if that makes any sense. I fucking want Geno. We deserve Geno. If we end up with the #1 pick and Pioli passes on Geno Smith i will take a 3 day dump on the sidewalk of One Arrowhead Drive.

Sorter
10-10-2012, 09:44 PM
LMAOIn his defense Milk, it's not something thats rated on PFF.

-King-
10-10-2012, 09:57 PM
He’s only 27. So he’s got that going for him.

Just like Cassel when he first got here LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
10-10-2012, 10:02 PM

No...he didn't.

-King-
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM
So your point would be it doesn't matter what happens in preseason?

No his point is that Cassel looked like our best QB in preseason.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:06 PM
The 3 passes that Quinn threw weren't awesome, except in relation to Cassel passes.

Two of them were lasers, something that Cassel can not throw, that were on the mark.

His one pass that was off the mark, was only slightly thrown behind the receiver.

I don't expect Quinn to light things up, but I do expect you to know that there was a visible difference between Cassel's ducks and Quinn's passes.

I don't care about the velocity of the passes.

Cassel can hit receivers running those same routes. He hits that 15-yard dig to Bowe all the time.

Quinn did nothing Cassel didn't do, except throw the ball harder.

Quite frankly, on that checkdown for 0 yards he looked like a scared pussy just like Cassel.

T-post Tom
10-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I know this will not be popular, but I hope if Quinn succeeds here, he really succeeds. I would love for this team to get on a roll. A big roll. Not a 6-10 type season, but 9-7 to even 10-6. It's a long shot, I know. But it has been done before.

I would be just as thrilled for a 27 year old Quinn as I would be many of the 1st round QB's comming out in this draft short of one... Geno Smith... but I don't see that happening.

Next best option for me behind Smith would be for Quinn to break out. Saw it many years ago with Len Dawson. Maybe time for history to repeat it self for the Chiefs.

Ditto.

bowener
10-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Is Quinn's upside Matt Schaub, but more handsome?

MotherfuckerJones
10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
The only thing I'll say is Quinn was a 1st rd pick unlike Cassel. Quinn's had 9 games, meanwhile Cassel has had about 4 years. Who knows man. If Quinn turns out good then awesome draft a young kid too in the 1st to cover our bases

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Quinn's upside is Sanchez but more ripped.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Is Quinn's upside Matt Schaub, but more handsome?

His upside is Kyle Boller.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't care about the velocity of the passes.

Cassel can hit receivers running those same routes. He hits that 15-yard dig to Bowe all the time.

Quinn did nothing Cassel didn't do, except throw the ball harder.

Quite frankly, on that checkdown for 0 yards he looked like a scared pussy just like Cassel.

JFC, just stop. On the 2 passes to Bowe, Quinn made a quick read to a receiver who was covered, then checked over to Bowe and hit the open guy. He went to his second read a few seconds faster than Cassel ever did. On the 3rd and long situation, it sure looked to me like a conservative play call. It had nothing to do with shitting his pants.

It's only 3 plays. But don't trivialize them. He threw 2 very good passes, and completed another 2 that looked like conservative play calls.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:21 PM
LMAO

So Cassel has never thrown to his 2nd read?

Come on.

Quinn did nothing Cassel hasn't done.

O.city
10-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Clays now a cassel lover

MMXcalibur
10-10-2012, 10:24 PM
His upside is Kyle Boller.

Cassel hits the bench, and you are still negative Nancy.
When was the last time you were optimistic about anything on this team?

NJChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 10:26 PM
LMAO

Come on.

I don't know how often Quinn does/will but lets not pretend like Cassel is anywhere near pro level at going through reads. Relative to even average QBs, Cassel never goes to a 2nd guy. Unless you want to count the check down as the second guy.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Best QB ever, guys?

http://i.imgur.com/TcraI.gif

Everything else was garbage. A checkdown, a horribly thrown screen pass, a 5-yard dump to a wide open Bowe that got called back.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 10:29 PM
LMAO

Come on.

Quinn threw to a second read that wasn't a check down. Twice. And within the first few seconds of his progression.

Those are two unimpressive accomplishments. Yet something Cassel has done a handful of times. You're really reaching to undermine Quinn by trying to pretend Cassel does things he never did before.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Hell, I hope he is great. Nothing wrong with that. That solves a lot of problems.

Nothing wrong with it except it basically keeps things status quo for another year.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Why the fuck should I be?

We have been fail for 21 games.

O.city
10-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah Matt's got the ability to make that throw

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Best QB ever, guys?

Everything else was garbage. A checkdown, a horribly thrown screen pass, a 5-yard dump to a wide open Bowe that got called back.

Your forgetting the throw he had to Bowe for the called back TD. It was a decent throw. :D

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Best QB ever, guys?

The check down and screen pass looked like conservative play calls to me.

The other two passes were very good. Stop trying to undermine them. In the play you posted there in particular, he looks right, sees an open check down, and yet still decides to go for Bowe downfield. It was a very good play that Cassel would have never completed because he would have thrown to the check down every single time.

O.city
10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
So now any pass a qb completes to an open we doesn't count? Man Freeman's gonna have it really tough

Sorter
10-10-2012, 10:34 PM
LMAOSo now any pass a qb completes to an open we doesn't count? Man Freeman's gonna have it really tough

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 10:35 PM
The check down and screen pass looked like conservative play calls to me.

The other two passes were very good. Stop trying to undermine them. In the play you posted there in particular, he looks right, sees an open check down, and yet still decides to go for Bowe downfield. It was a very good play that Cassel would have never completed because he would have thrown to the check down every single time.

Not all true, i have seen Cassel hit Bowe like that before, and yes on the rare occasion Cassel has went through progressions before.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Not all true, i have seen Cassel hit Bowe like that before, and yes on the rare occasion Cassel has went through progressions before.

Within 3 seconds, Brady went through 3 reads. And he ignored a wide open check down -- Cyrus Gray was wide open for a quick 3 yard pass that could have been extended to a first down.

Cassel has gone through progressions. But he will always take a check down when it's open. And his progressions tend to be him looking at his primary read for a few seconds, then shifting to his second target.

Quinn twice did something in 4 passes that Cassel usually did not do in 4 years.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Wow.

Chiefspants
10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Best QB ever, guys?

Good lord, we may have found our Tom Brady.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
This place is a great sample of why Pioli won't be fired after the year. Yeah you're all pissed but now pretending like Quinn is a potentially good QB. All Scott has to do is draft a QB in the first round and all will be forgiven.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Within 3 seconds, Brady went through 3 reads. And he ignored a wide open check down -- Cyrus Gray was wide open for a quick 3 yard pass that could have been extended to a first down.

Cassel has gone through progressions. But he will always take a check down when it's open. And his progressions tend to be him looking at his primary read for a few seconds, then shifting to his second target.

Quinn twice did something in 4 passes that Cassel usually did not do in 4 years.

It was a nice play by Quinn.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Your forgetting the throw he had to Bowe for the called back TD. It was a decent throw. :D

No, it wasn't.

Bowe was wide the fuck open over the middle.

It was a 5-yard throw.

Tyler Palko could have hit it.

O.city
10-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't give a shit what Quinn does. Pioli is gone no matter what

NJChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 10:48 PM
This place is a great sample of why Pioli won't be fired after the year. Yeah you're all pissed but now pretending like Quinn is a potentially good QB. All Scott has to do is draft a QB in the first round and all will be forgiven.

Well if Pioli is fired it would be before the draft so if his job is saved it won't be from that. I do agree that if he drafts a QB he will quit a lot of the fans. Hell, I have said from the beginning that if he had a decent QB it would cover some of his mistakes. Really, if you only care about saving your job you should get a good QB so he can cover up other holes in your team.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 10:49 PM

Wrong. Not just any QB in the first round, and its example not sample. LMAO

Chiefspants
10-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Or trade for Mallet.

/Forever 9-7

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Wrong. Not just any QB in the first round, and its example not sample. LMAO

I'm on my phone and it does auto text.

Yes any QB. FFS you all are pretending like Brady Quinn is good.

MeatRock
No, it wasn't.

Bowe was wide the **** open over the middle.

It was a 5-yard throw.

Tyler Palko could have hit it.

You underestimate the suck that was Palko. Huard would have made that throw no problem though. :D

T-post Tom
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jkM4k_M5Img" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was fun. Good post.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Well if Pioli is fired it would be before the draft so if his job is saved it won't be from that. I do agree that if he drafts a QB he will quit a lot of the fans. Hell, I have said from the beginning that if he had a decent QB it would cover some of his mistakes. Really, if you only care about saving your job you should get a good QB so he can cover up other holes in your team.

He only cares about Cassel and his Patriot friends. He'll fuck up drafting a QB too.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM

You all? What do you mean you all? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ALL? LMAO

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 10:54 PM

Who said he was good.

Everyone is saying he's going to be better than Cassel, which is like bragging that I beat my grandma in a race.

Sorter
10-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Who said he was good.

Everyone is saying he's going to be better than Cassel, which is like bragging that I beat my grandma.

Fixed

NJChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 10:58 PM
He only cares about Cassel and his Patriot friends. He'll **** up drafting a QB too.

I am not claiming otherwise. I am just saying that he won't save his job with drafting a QB. His job will be decided upon prior to the draft.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Who said he was good.

Everyone is saying he's going to be better than Cassel, which is like bragging that I beat my grandma in a race.

He's worse than Cassel and that's saying something. Who signed him?

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 11:01 PM
He's worse than Cassel and that's saying something. Who signed him?

The bar is low. And Quinn has not had enough starts to prove he can pass that bar. JFC, he played in 12 games behind a supporting cast that was shittier than shitty.

I don't think it's a bold prediction to say he can do better than a QB who struggled in a coddled situation behind a strong supporting cast.

Passepartout
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
As hope it is all well for Quinn. Hope that he will do well is all that we can ask for.

BIG K
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
The bar is low. And Quinn has not had enough starts to prove he can pass that bar. JFC, he played in 12 games behind a supporting cast that was shittier than shitty.

I don't think it's a bold prediction to say he can do better than a QB who struggled in a coddled situation behind a strong supporting cast.

This. With all the supporting cast, anyone I believe can do better than casshole.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 11:06 PM

ROFL

He hasn't started a game since 2009. He's been beat out by Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and Matt Cassel. He was barely better than Ricky Stanzi in the pre season.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 11:06 PM
This. With all the supporting cast, anyone I believe can do better than casshole.

"With this supporting cast we can go 9-7 or 10-6 with Matt Cassel"

Most of Chiefsplanet this off season.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:12 PM
"With this supporting cast we can go 9-7 or 10-6 with Matt Cassel"

Most of Chiefsplanet this off season.

What the fuck is your point? You said you will take any QB in the first round come next draft. Landry Jones say's thank you.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 11:14 PM
What the **** is your point? You said you will take any QB in the first round come next draft. Landry Jones say's thank you.

Laundry Jones isn't a first round QB you unrealistic fuck.

I'll take any QB he new GM drafts.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Laundry Jones isn't a first round QB you unrealistic ****.

I'll take any QB he new GM drafts.

You make no sense. First you say Jones is not a first round QB, then you say you will take any QB. Which fucking one is it dumbass, and you have no idea if Jones will go in the first round or not. Tannahill did so fuck off.

Titty Meat
10-10-2012, 11:20 PM
You make no sense. First you say Jones is not a first round QB, then you say you will take any QB. Which ****ing one is it dumbass, and you have no idea if Jones will go in the first round or not. Tannahill did so **** off.

ROFL Tannahill? You mean Tannehill? The guy I wanted the Chiefs to trade up for?

It's pretty obvious to me you are the one with no idea.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:22 PM
ROFL Tannahill? You mean Tannehill? The guy I wanted the Chiefs to trade up for?

Ya i mean Tannehill shitstain.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
ROFL

He hasn't started a game since 2009. He's been beat out by Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and Matt Cassel. He was barely better than Ricky Stanzi in the pre season.

I really don't care. The only one of those situations that wasn't politically charged was Kyle Orton, who ended up being a productive QB for the Broncos. We are not sitting here and expecting him to be Tom Brady. We're saying he will be better than Cassel. And yes, he will be better than Cassel. It's not a high bar to set.

Easy 6
10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Best QB ever, guys?

No, that throw looks a lot like Orton... but its atleast good enough to give us a GLIMPSE of what is possible.

Losing for Luck, not gonna do it, cant do it, cant win with those guys, we can trade up bigtime or luck out Brady style... anything but suck shit all year, the hell with that.

Savvy?

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:32 PM

BTW Landry Jones has twice as many yards and TD's in his college career than Tannehill ever had. But you knew Tannehill was a first round QB and Jones is not. You have no fucking clue.

Sorter
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
BTW Landry Jones has twice as many yards and TD's in his college career than Tannehill ever had. But you knew Tannehill was a first round QB and Jones is not. You have no ****ing clue.

Landry Jones will not be a productive NFL player. Guaranteed.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2012, 11:47 PM
BTW Landry Jones has twice as many yards and TD's in his college career than Tannehill ever had. But you knew Tannehill was a first round QB and Jones is not. You have no fucking clue.

You have no fucking clue, n00b.

Landry Jones is a fucking joke and IMO, a likely 4th rounder.

Under pressure, the guy couldn't hit the broad side of a broad.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Landry Jones will not be a productive NFL player. Guaranteed.

Not saying he will or will not be. I'm pointing out Billays dumbassery about Jones not being a first round QB, yet he wanted to trade up for Tannehill who was taken in the first round. If Tannehill was a first round QB then why the fuck would Jones not be considered a first round prospect.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:50 PM
You have no ****ing clue, n00b.

Landry Jones is a ****ing joke and IMO, a likely 4th rounder.

Under pressure, the guy couldn't hit the broad side of a broad.

Reading the fucking post's before you post is hard shit.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Reading the fucking post's before you post is hard shit.

Excuse me, Meat?

And it's "posts", not "post's".

Dumbass.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Not saying he will or will not be. I'm pointing out Billays dumbassery about Jones not being a first round QB, yet he wanted to trade up for Tannehill who was taken in the first round. If Tannehill was a first round QB then why the fuck would Jones not be considered a first round prospect.

Clearly, football and grammar aren't your strong suit.

MeatRock
10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Excuse me, Meat?

And it's "posts", not "post's".

Dumbass.

Ok. Thank you for the English lesson. Dick

Sorter
10-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Not saying he will or will not be. I'm pointing out Billays dumbassery about Jones not being a first round QB, yet he wanted to trade up for Tannehill who was taken in the first round. If Tannehill was a first round QB then why the **** would Jones not be considered a first round prospect.

He won't be considered a 1st round prospect due to the concerns Dane expressed IMO. He struggles with progressions, relies on checkdowns, and has poor pocket awareness. Additionally, he is the opposite of clutch and rarely rises to the occasion, if ever.

Tannehill's physical attributes were much better than Jones as well, IMO. Additionally, you did see flashes from Tannehill against elite competition. I wasn't a huge fan of Tannehill so I'm not going to go all Wendler on you and pretend I am now.

However, Billay is right IMO that Jones will not be a 1st rounder, especially if he continues on his current projections.

DBOSHO
10-10-2012, 11:59 PM
God it would be awesome if by somehow someway Quinn turned into a franchise qb this year. But im not getting my hopes up.

Im sure the gameplan calls for another 50 rushes and 8 passes in the first half

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 12:00 AM
ROFL

I'm not going to defend the guy but I think it's unfair to say he was "beaten out" by Orton and, Tebow, Stanzi or Cassel. He was stuck in unwinnable situations in each scenario.

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea if the guy has the talent to be an NFL starter and I doubt that given his shitty luck, anyone else does, either.

We'll ALL have a better idea on Sunday but I'm not going to bash the guy until I actually see him, you know, play.

Sorter
10-11-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm not going to defend the guy but I think it's unfair to say he was "beaten out" by Orton and, Tebow, Stanzi or Cassel. He was stuck in unwinnable situations in each scenario.

To be completely honest, I have absolutely no idea if the guy has the talent to be an NFL starter and I doubt that given his shitty luck, anyone else does, either.

We'll ALL have a better idea on Sunday but I'm not going to bash the guy until I actually see him, you know, play.

I think everyone but Clay thinks that.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2012, 12:08 AM
ROFL

To suggest he was beat out Cassel means you think he was actually given an equal opportunity to be starter.

MeatRock
10-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm not a Landry Jones advocate. Based on statistics over a 4 year college career Jones has the numbers and size, 6'4' 215, to entice an NFL team to take him in the first round.
Tannehill only played 2 years in college and went in the first round. Jones' current year is not horrible by any means 93/147 63.3 1032 7.0 7td 2int. I agree Jones isn't clutch, but the numbers are there.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm not a Landry Jones advocate. Based on statistics over a 4 year college career Jones has the numbers and size, 6'4' 215, to entice an NFL team to take him in the first round.
Tannehill only played 2 years in college and went in the first round. Jones' current year is not horrible by any means 93/147 63.3 1032 7.0 7td 2int. I agree Jones isn't clutch, but the numbers are there.

No, they're not.

And if you watched the K-State game, you'll see how he wilts under pressure. He's a late rounder at this point. Beating up St. Mary's of the Plains won't pad his resume. That said, I'll hold ultimate judgement until after he faces Texas. That should be a great test.

Manny's going to bring the house against him.

Sorter
10-11-2012, 12:31 AM

If all teams could look at were the numbers you referenced then sure. Of course, you start looking at his YPA, YPC, 3rd down %, and quite a few more relevant statistics when evaluating players. It isn't just completion %, TDs, and Ints. Then you can factor in with your YPA how far the ball is actually thrown (i.e. is he a product of a system/bubble screens or does he actually drive the ball downfield? In Jones' case, the first part is true)

Statistics while useful are often misleading. Game film however, is revealing. Landry Jones does not have 1st round tape. It is pretty obvious to see.

MeatRock
10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
I agree, the Texas game will be a good barometer for Jones. I did watch the K-State game and Jones did get rattled under pressure. He still put up 305 yards with 1td and 1 int though. Not terrible under the pressure he faced.

Sorter
10-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Not terrible.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1417893/oudonotwant_medium.gif

Chiefspants
10-11-2012, 12:58 AM
I agree, the Texas game will be a good barometer for Jones. I did watch the K-State game and Jones did get rattled under pressure. He still put up 305 yards with 1td and 1 int though. Not terrible under the pressure he faced.

They also lost that game.

10-11-2012, 01:25 AM
I get why people want him to suck ass but we also need him to show he is better than cassel so cassel can FINALLY be dumped. Now, if Clark is going to clean house, then none of it matters. But if he is going to keep Pioli we need Quinn to perform better than Cassel.

Dave Lane
10-11-2012, 01:52 AM

And the GM probably didn;t talk to the HC either. RAC here's your new backup QB.

Rasputin
10-11-2012, 02:05 AM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg279/Red_Right_88/bradyquinnbret.jpg

OMG I think Quinn is going be Poison guys.

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2012, 03:51 AM
The better Quinn plays the more obvious the difference to the casual idiot fan...

Not to mention if Quinn does well it justifies the banner and saveourchiefs.com. If Quinn bombs, all we'll hear is, "See? Pioli knows what he's doing."

10-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Not to mention if Quinn does well it justifies the banner and saveourchiefs.com. If Quinn bombs, all we'll hear is, "See? Pioli knows what he's doing."

No we won't. Just because Quinn sucks doesn't mean Cassel doesn't still suck.

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2012, 04:41 AM
No we won't. Just because Quinn sucks doesn't mean Cassel doesn't still suck.

I am referring to anyone outside of CP. Like DEBBY ALL CAPS and her kind. If Quinn were to fail worse than Cassel those types will be saying it. The movement gains traction by us demanding Cassel to be benched before most people saw that it needed to be done.

qabbaan
10-11-2012, 04:56 AM
The "Chiefs" thing to happen now that the season is over would be for Quinn to be mediocre, ruin our draft position, save Crennel and Pioli's jobs, and install himself as next season's starter.

10-11-2012, 05:12 AM
The "Chiefs" thing to happen now that the season is over would be for Quinn to be mediocre, ruin our draft position, save Crennel and Pioli's jobs, and install himself as next season's starter.

I really don't think Quinn doing mediocre keeps Pioli and RAC safe.

TimeForWasp
10-11-2012, 05:38 AM

FAX

LMAO

It would have been funny if after Cassel got his bell rung, he sat up and acted like he was trying to put his hat on his head.

10-11-2012, 05:51 AM
LMAO

It would have been funny if after Cassel got his bell rung, he sat up and acted like he was trying to put his hat on his head.

Dude, that ain't acting.LMAO

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2012, 05:53 AM
LMAO

oldman
10-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Is all this talk about Quinn moot? I think he's here on a 1 year contract for about $1.5M. If he does light it up, he's probably gone.

mdchiefsfan
10-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Is all this talk about Quinn moot? I think he's here on a 1 year contract for about $1.5M. If he does light it up, he's probably gone.

yea can't have anyone affect Cassel's confidence. He'll be Orton'd and we'll live in Cassel purgatory

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2012, 06:30 AM
I really don't think Quinn doing mediocre keeps Pioli and RAC safe.

Think you underestimate the loyalty at one arrowhead.

10-11-2012, 06:40 AM

Pioli will NOT stick with Quinn if he can avoid it. He will ride Cassel all the way as soon as he is healthy again.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2012, 06:42 AM

I want Quinn to fail so.badly.

Danguardace
10-11-2012, 06:42 AM
I hope Quinn blows it up on Sunday

22/35 270 yards 2 TD's

This is team is taylor made for a spark and we have a schedule which is very much salvagable. A win Sunday would be great heading into a bye where Quinn can get even more reps.

I believe in this guy

Reerun_KC
10-11-2012, 06:45 AM
I believe in this guybased on what?

bevischief
10-11-2012, 06:47 AM
based on what?

Not Cassel.

Micjones
10-11-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm excited to see what the kid has.

Hopefully Daboll will give him some high-percentage opportunities early on Sunday so he can build some confidence.
I'm going to guess that Bowe, McCluster, and Charles get the most looks in the passing game.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Not Cassel.
Yeah that's stupid. So you.would rather lick gochiefs ass than suck his balls? Got it.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm excited to see what the kid has.

Hopefully Daboll will give him some high-percentage opportunities early on Sunday so he can build some confidence. I'm going to guess that we'll see lots of Bowe, McCluster, and Charles in the passing game.

Yeah this.is.how.low this franchise has gotten. Excited for.dog shit qb play.

BlackHelicopters
10-11-2012, 06:51 AM
The headline in the Star is beyond laughable. Didn't bother to read the article.

BoneKrusher
10-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Not Cassel.

that's how i see it as well.

Danguardace
10-11-2012, 06:59 AM
based on what?

People keep knocking him for his time in Cleveland in 09 which was his only run as starter in his career, but did you see his group of skill position players there? It was worst than AIDS and most of those guys are not even in league anymore.

Now he has an offense which in my opinion is ready to be top 10 with a talented motivated guy at the wheel. What was Cassel's motivation? That one who sucks the penis has been able to operate with impunity for over 3 years, the fans hated him he'd already got his big contract no wonder he sucked.

I think this is the perfect storm and If I am right we have a schedule that can see us get on a roll.

Micjones
10-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Yeah this.is.how.low this franchise has gotten. Excited for.dog shit qb play.

You know for certain that he'll play poorly?

Deberg_1990
10-11-2012, 07:10 AM
The irony of all this is if Quinn plays well and wins games, it almost certainly gurantees a Pioli extension.

Rausch
10-11-2012, 07:13 AM
The irony of all this is if Quinn plays well and wins games, it almost certainly gurantees a Pioli extension.

Nope...

Chiefnj2
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
"Quinn remained with the Browns for one more year after Crennel was fired. His coordinator that season was Brian Daboll, now with the Chiefs. Daboll was unavailable for comment Wednesday but Crennel said, remarkably, that he never asked Daboll what he thought of Quinn before the Chiefs signed him."

Amazing.

Beef Supreme
10-11-2012, 08:54 AM
"With Sunday start for the Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career."

Yeah, and if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'.

Rausch
10-11-2012, 08:56 AM
"Quinn remained with the Browns for one more year after Crennel was fired. His coordinator that season was Brian Daboll, now with the Chiefs. Daboll was unavailable for comment Wednesday but Crennel said, remarkably, that he never asked Daboll what he thought of Quinn before the Chiefs signed him."

Amazing.

Once the HC has filed the appropriate TPS reports and copied them in triplicate they can then be allowed to converse with other coordinators about personnel moves.

It's simple. It's all laid out in the contract Romeo signed.

In blood...

The Franchise
10-11-2012, 09:12 AM

How exactly? If Quinn comes in and lights it up....the ONLY THING that Pioli can hang his hat on is that he signed him.....and none of that matters because RAC wanted him.

If Quinn lights it up.....Pioli is gone because he repeatedly had Cassel out there sucking it up while Quinn was on the bench.

Pioli is gone no matter what happens.

HemiEd
10-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I get why people want him to suck ass but we also need him to show he is better than cassel so cassel can FINALLY be dumped. Now, if Clark is going to clean house, then none of it matters. But if he is going to keep Pioli we need Quinn to perform better than Cassel.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I hope Quinn lites it up when he gets a chance to play, hopefully Sunday.

That should bench Cassel for good, but we have to remember Orton looked significantly better than Cassel last year and Pioli showed him the door for upstaging his boy.

I have ZERO faith that the team will ever draft a first round QB and develop him. It hasn't happened yet, almost like it is written into the teams bylaws.

saphojunkie
10-11-2012, 10:21 AM
You assholes who called for Matt Cassel to be benched are going to get what you deserved. Quinn is going to come in and go .500.

Bye bye, Geno.

You couldn't just suffer with Cassel for one more measly season, go 1-15, and get a real QB?

Our best case scenario is now that Quinn wins the rest of our games, right up through the super bowl.

Our second best scenario is that he makes the rest of our 1-15 season at least entertaining.

ARROW2
10-11-2012, 10:26 AM
You assholes who called for Matt Cassel to be benched are going to get what you deserved. Quinn is going to come in and go .500.

Bye bye, Geno.

You couldn't just suffer with Cassel for one more measly season, go 1-15, and get a real QB?

Our best case scenario is now that Quinn wins the rest of our games, right up through the super bowl.

Our second best scenario is that he makes the rest of our 1-15 season at least entertaining.

We gonna run the table now.....;)

whoman69
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Here is what I expect to happen. Quinn will be better in the passing game in being able to get the ball downfield. He is still going to be missing the throws he needs to make. If it can open up the field for the running game and lead to play action, the offense should look better. I expect around 55% completions and as many picks as TDs. If he is mediocre like that, does it put Cassel back on the field or does Stanzi get the next call?

OctoberFart
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Quinn is god awful we all know this. I think this says more about how bad Stanzi is than anything because we all know how awful Quinn is and he can't beat him out.

GordonGekko
10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Quinn is god awful we all know this. I think this says more about how bad Stanzi is than anything because we all know how awful Quinn is and he can't beat him out.

I think it says more about the abysmal qb situation in KC in general.

But hope is hope, and at the minimum it is making the season entertaining again and giving reason to watch.

ARROW2
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM

If that is true, then what does that make Cassel? Because he sure looked a helluva lot better throwing the ball than Matilda......Let's see how he does on a good team with weapons......and a defense like he has now before we blindly parrot what has been said over and over. Dude hasn't been given a legitimate chance. Seriously, how many Brady Quinn games have you watched before he got to KC? Oh, he did beat Cassel in 09 at Arrowhead...

beach tribe
10-11-2012, 12:51 PM

I'm with you. The guy was very talented, and has played. 12 games. 12 GAMES!

There is no way to evaluate a QB on sample size that small. You just can't.
I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm wishing.

FringeNC
10-11-2012, 12:55 PM
His coordinator that season was Brian Daboll, now with the Chiefs. Daboll was unavailable for comment Wednesday but Crennel said, remarkably, that he never asked Daboll what he thought of Quinn before the Chiefs signed him.

That doesn't sound encouraging, for multiple reasons. :doh!:

BoneKrusher
10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
i hope Daboll lets Quinn throw the ball around because the run game will struggle against Tampa's front seven.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:22 AM
i hope Daboll lets Quinn throw the ball around because the run game will struggle against Tampa's front seven.

Me too...

Quinn in his last season was 4 of 35 in passes beyond 20+ yards with 5 picks...

I hope to God they let that inaccurate shit bag throw the ball. Quicker we can get him to fail the faster we can get rid of Pioli and Co...

Quinn is garbage. please let him throw the ball all over the place, please, please!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Enjoying Carson Palmer? Selling your future for a broken, has been QB LMAO

ARROW2
10-12-2012, 08:23 AM

Yeah, like they did last week against the vaunted Raven defense. He will throw the ball, don't worry.....and we will run on they ass.....

BoneKrusher
10-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Me too...

I hope to God they let that inaccurate shit bag throw the ball. Quicker we can get him to fail the faster we can get rid of Pioli and Co...

Quinn is garbage. please let him throw the ball all over the place, please, please!!!!!

he cant be any worse than what we've put up with for almost four years.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:25 AM

Right and just because he isnt Cassel... We get it.

But there is a reason he in on the KC roster behind Cassel. I am hoping we see that reason on Sunday...

BoneKrusher
10-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Right and just because he isnt Cassel... We get it.

But there is a reason he in on the KC roster behind Cassel. I am hoping we see that reason on Sunday...

well, guess we'll see come Sunday, this Tampa front seven is pretty good.
if he's that much worse than Cassel i really underestimated Pioli's job as GM when i said Pioli is Lame, he isn't lame he's dumber than fuck to load this roster with such garbage at QB.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:32 AM
well, guess we'll see come Sunday, this Tampa front seven is pretty good.
if he's that much worse than Cassel i really underestimated Pioli's job as GM when i said Pioli is Lame, he isn't lame he's dumber than **** to load this roster with such garbage at QB.

Which is why we need Quinn to fail miserably.

Only way we are going to get change in this franchise if for Quinn to Cassel it up!

Chiefnj2

That's what people were saying prior to Palko's first start.

Pasta Little Brioni
If he sucks, he gets shopped to all hell next :fire:

notorious
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Best case scenario: Quinn plays pretty well, Pioli and Crennel get shitcanned, and we trade Quinn for some decent picks.

Worst case scenario: Quinn plays pretty well, Pioli stays aboard and feeds us garbage for the next 3 years.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
That's what people were saying prior to Palko's first start.

Remember when Brodie Croyle was going to save the franchise in SD, Just because he wasnt Cassel...

Funny how history has an opportunity to repeat itself.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Best case scenario: Quinn plays pretty well, Pioli and Crennel get shitcanned, and we trade Quinn for some decent picks.

Worst case scenario: Quinn plays pretty well, Pioli stays aboard and feeds us garbage for the next 3 years.

Nothing good can come from Quinn playing well. He playing well = Extension...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Extension's already happened. No doubt about it.

BoneKrusher
10-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Which is why we need Quinn to fail miserably.

Only way we are going to get change in this franchise if for Quinn to Cassel it up!

what about the rumors of Pioli signing an extension?

if thats true we're up shit creek with a paddle.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:41 AM
If the extension happend, then the Stanzi supporters will rise up and blindly follow Pioli...

kaplin42
10-12-2012, 08:44 AM

This is where the thread should have been locked. Quinn is not the answer, rooting for him is just going to get us 3 more years of epic mediocrity. Yes, he's not Cassel, but really this is the difference between shit, and shit with peanuts.

splatbass
10-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Nothing good can come from Quinn playing well. He playing well = Extension...

Some day I want to watch my team win a Super Bowl. My other dream, and even more of a long shot, is that someday I want to see you actually want your team to win. I'm not sure the latter is even possible.

notorious
10-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Extension's already happened. No doubt about it.

what about the rumors of Pioli signing an extension?

if thats true we're up shit creek with a paddle.

I think he has signed an extension, but Clark is scared shittless after the past weekend to announce the news due to the fallout that would occur.

Wait until we win a game, and the announcement will come the next day.

LiL stumppy
10-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Quinn is not that horrible. He never had a real shot, with an awful team. I think he will come in and be solid, we will go 8 and 8, draft a qb and they will compete for the starting job next season.

Quinns 3 passes looked better than any throw Cashole has add all year. Lol

This is not what I am hoping for, just an assumption.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I think he has signed an extension, but Clark is scared shittless after the past weekend to announce the news due to the fallout that would occur.

Wait until we win a game, and the announcement will come the next day.

He announces it anytime between now and opening day of 2013 and it will be a shit storm.

We need to stay on top of this and keep our banners flying. Extension = Betrayal......

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Quinn is not that horrible. He never had a real shot, with an awful team. I think he will come in and be solid, we will go 8 and 8, draft a qb and they will compete for the starting job next season.

Quinns 3 passes looked better than any throw Cashole has add all year. Lol

This is not what I am hoping for, just an assumption.

He is getting a shot with an awful team.. Yes he is that horrible. hell even Claythan has posted video evidence and fans are still ostriching it...

Hammock Parties
10-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Me too...

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

His 11-20 is garbage, too.

http://i.imgur.com/dplgR.jpg

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Why is there no middle ground on cp? If you think Quinn can come in and do okay, that means you think he'll start forever and we won't draft a QB. If you think Stanzi should get playing time, that means you think he is the next Tom Brady. Why can't we cheer for our qB's, not named Cassel, to succed AND want to draft a QB?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Why is there no middle ground on cp? If you think Quinn can come in and do okay, that means you think he'll start forever and we won't draft a QB. If you think Stanzi should get playing time, that means you think he is the next Tom Brady. Why can't we cheer for our qB's, not named Cassel, to succed AND want to draft a QB?

Too many simple minded folks posting here.

Rausch
10-12-2012, 09:05 AM

Conspiracy theories and nonsense.

If Pioli goes we have a good chance of drafting our own QB and the new GM won't give a frog's fart in high wind about Ca$$hole...

King_Chief_Fan
10-12-2012, 09:09 AM

If Pioli goes we have a good chance of drafting our own QB and the new GM won't give a frog's fart in high wind about Ca$$hole...
or quinn or stanzi........ I want everything Pioli that is QB related off this team

Rausch
10-12-2012, 09:11 AM
or quinn or stanzi........ I want everything Pioli that is QB related off this team

I think the only person with a legit shot at staying on the roster is Brady and that's only if he's ok with being no 2 or 3...

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 09:11 AM

I'm not holding my breath on Pioli going anywhere. I can understand the fact that if Quinn does okay then Pioli will be able to say, "see, I brought him in." But, that also means Cassel ass will be gone and for me that is numero uno on the things I want to fix.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 09:14 AM

This...

I want Pioli, Coaching staff and all 3 QB's MOTHER FUCKING GONE FROM THE CITY AND FRANCHISE...

CoMoChief
10-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Best case scenario

Cassel and Stanzi are cut
Quinn plays decent and decides to stay w/ KC
We sign vet QB for backup competition
Draft Geno Smith

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 09:17 AM

Stanzi has never played a real game.

This is the shit I was talking about. Everyone says "Draft a franchise qB blah blah" Well we have a Qb on our roster that hasn't started for a whole season and another that hasn't start one fucking game and you guys are ready to get rid of both of them. But, magically when we get this mystical QB from the land o plenty, you will all of a sudden have patience and be able to stand the ups and downs of new QB's.

Crazy talk

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Best case scenario

Cassel,Quinnand Stanzi are cut
Pioli is FIRED
Coaching staff replaced with NFL level staff
We sign vet QB for backup
Draft Geno Smith

NO excuses, this has to happen...

BoneKrusher
10-12-2012, 09:21 AM
This...

I want Pioli, Coaching staff and all 3 QB's MOTHER ****ING GONE FROM THE CITY AND FRANCHISE...
we better hope so.
if Pioli stays there's NO way we draft a Franchise QB.

-King-
10-12-2012, 09:22 AM
we better hope so.

Wanna bet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2012, 09:22 AM
we better hope so.

I disagree

the Talking Can
10-12-2012, 09:23 AM

This is the shit I was talking about. Everyone says "Draft a franchise qB blah blah" Well we have a Qb on our roster that hasn't started for a whole season and another that hasn't start one ****ing game and you guys are ready to get rid of both of them. But, magically when we get this mystical QB from the land o plenty, you will all of a sudden have patience and be able to stand the ups and downs of new QB's.

Crazy talk

why should anyone give a shit about a street FA and a 5th round pick?

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 09:25 AM

Beats the shit out of me.... Typical Chiefs fan bullshit?

BoneKrusher
10-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Wanna bet?
Posted via Mobile Device

naw, dont bet.
it'll be defense and draft a QB somewhere between rounds 4-7 and keep signing yard sale priced garbage.

Molitoth
10-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Why should anyone give a shit about Kurt Warner and Tom Brady?

Well because, they were given a chance.... and they succeeded.
Were the odds against them? sure. But they were given a chance.
and by chance I'm talking at least a few games... not 3+ years like Matt Cassel.

kaplin42
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM

This is the shit I was talking about. Everyone says "Draft a franchise qB blah blah" Well we have a Qb on our roster that hasn't started for a whole season and another that hasn't start one ****ing game and you guys are ready to get rid of both of them. But, magically when we get this mystical QB from the land o plenty, you will all of a sudden have patience and be able to stand the ups and downs of new QB's.

Crazy talk

Do you actually believe that Quinn and or Stanzi are QbotF? Honestly?

Hey it's possible that Quinn could be amazeballs or that a 1st rounder will just blow donkey balls and be the second coming of Jamarcus Russel.

I would rather go with a new QB. Us winning now, a few games, going 8-8, you know what that gets us?

Another Tyson Jackson. :banghead: