PDA

View Full Version : Football Vick has a new dog in his life...Should he be allowed or no?

Deberg_1990
10-12-2012, 07:08 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pets/A-dog-is-back-in-Vicks-life-as-he-vows-to-break-cycle-continue-advocacy.html

The Milk Bones don't lie.

Five years after agents raided his dog fighting compound in southern Virginia and rescued Handsome Dan, Sweet Jasmine and 49 other badly damaged pit bulls, Michael Vick owns a dog again.

My colleague, Eagles beat writer Jeff McClane reported today that Vick released a statement saying he and his family had "obtained" a pet.

The news comes just days after Vick watchers spotted a box of Milk Bones sitting on the kitchen table in a picture Tweeted by Vick.

We don't know where the dog came from, its age, its breed or even its name.

Under terms of his probation, Vick could not own a dog until May. Last fall his fiancee had purchased a parrot for their children and Vick spoke publicly on sevearl occasions of his desire to have a dog again for his children's sake.

“I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family’s decision to care for a pet,” Vick said in a statement released by his publicist. “As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals.

Many people won't forget Vick's past "relationship with animals."

Vick was sentenced to 18 months in prison for running an interstate dog fighting ring, not for animal abuse. But by his own admission, we know Vick beat his dogs with shovels, electrocuted them and drowned them.

Many of his canine victims who were rescued went on to find loving homes. But some will spend their lives in shelters - thank you Best Friends Animal Society - because they are too psychologically damaged to be companion pets. [For a heart-stirring read on the fate of the surviving dogs read Jim Gorant's "The Lost Dogs."]

News of Vick's signing by the Eagles in 2009 prompted outrage from Philadelphia's animal lovers and led to team's decision to invest hundreds of thousands in animal welfare causes across the region.

At the same time Vick was embarking on his new, controversial relationship with the Humane Society of the United States, where he still serves as an advocate for animal welfare issues and educator appealing to inner city children to treat animals kindly.

HSUS president Wayne Pacelle in an email declined to comment on the latest news.

Vick in his statement sought to assuage concerns by telling the public that he hopes to instill humane values in his children.

“I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God’s creatures with kindness and respect," he said. "Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family.

Vick called the inclusion of a dog in his family's life as "an opportunity to break the cycle."

And he promised he would "continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change.”

Full Statement:

"I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family. This is an opportunity to break the cycle. To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

blaise
10-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Let the guy have a dog. I really doubt he's making it fight other dogs. So, what's the big deal.

luv
10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
He did the crime. He did the time.

Deberg_1990
10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Let the guy have a dog. I really doubt he's making it fight other dogs. So, what's the big deal.

Oh, im pretty sure hes not fighting it, nor will he ever do that again.....I just think as terms of his punishment, he should never be allowed another dog again. He should have lost that privledge. Just my 2 pennys.

zimdogg
10-12-2012, 07:13 AM
The guy did his time, followed the conditions of his probation, and while controversial, has been a very positive face for the humane society. People can change. As a dog lover I can't stand the fact that he did what he did, but people deserve another shot in life once in a while.

CoMoChief
10-12-2012, 07:14 AM
frankly i just don't care.

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 07:15 AM
I knew this was coming.

Micjones
10-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Oh God. Can we move on?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Oh, im pretty sure hes not fighting it, nor will he ever do that again.....I just think as terms of his punishment, he should never be allowed another dog again. He should have lost that privledge. Just my 2 pennys.

Dumb

suds79
10-12-2012, 07:20 AM

Thisx10

KCUnited
10-12-2012, 07:25 AM
This is all doberman. Time to move on.

Deberg_1990
10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Dumb

Your full of shih tzu

Ace Gunner
10-12-2012, 07:34 AM
"Vick has a new dog in his life...Should he be allowed or no?"

Is he an american, or no?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Your full of shih tzu

:D

dj56dt58
10-12-2012, 08:05 AM
I think he should turn it over to someone else

mikey23545
10-12-2012, 08:07 AM
But by his own admission, we know Vick beat his dogs with shovels, electrocuted them and drowned them.

If his punishment had been an "eye for an eye" type thing I wouldn't mind seeing his children have a dog now.

KC_Lee
10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
As someone who has worked in the animal rescue community (fostered and adopted out dogs and cats, rehabbed dogs that were the victims of hoarders, etc.) Vick is as about as low as a person can go in my book. Too me he's five steps below the slime that a slug leaves behind him.

However, if he is truly repentant, and really does want to end the cycle of dog fighting then I wish him well.

But I still do hope that at some point in time he gets broken in half on the football field.

gblowfish
10-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Maybe he just likes the taste of Milk Bone biscuits?

J Diddy
10-12-2012, 10:34 AM
The man served his time, he's paid his debt. Why should I give a poo?

Bump
10-12-2012, 10:36 AM
There should be no problem with Mike Vick owning a dog unless he is carrying it near the goal line.

saphojunkie
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM

This post edited by MGM.

Sofa King
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Yup. Part of the healing process for him and his children.

COchief
10-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Anyone know what the breed is? That would make a big difference in my book, if its a pit/rott/other big sometimes aggressive breed that will piss me off. If he got a teacup poodle for his kids I wouldn't care.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 11:27 AM
He did the crime. He did the time.

I understand that. However, in my eyes, he will always be a gigantic piece of shit and a failure as a human being for what he did. Forgiveness is an option not an obligation.

Bump
10-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I understand that. However, in my eyes, he will always be a gigantic piece of shit and a failure as a human being for what he did. Forgiveness is an option not an obligation.

he seems to have embraced his second chance and has learned a tough lesson. Everybody makes mistakes, what matters is if they can learn from them. Vick just sucks ass now at football.

lcarus
10-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Anyone know what the breed is? That would make a big difference in my book, if its a pit/rott/other big sometimes aggressive breed that will piss me off. If he got a teacup poodle for his kids I wouldn't care.

I really don't care either way. The dogfighting is in the past. This is just a family pet. The dog will live a good life probably

Iowanian
10-12-2012, 11:31 AM
It's a free country.

Child abusers get their kids back.............

This is a dog. An animal, not a human being.

Deberg_1990
10-12-2012, 11:32 AM

I dont think hes said yet. He tweeted out a pic last week and people noticed there was a box of dog biscuits in the background. When intially confronted about it, he declined to comment. The story says that under terms on his probation, he wasnt even allowed to own another dog until this May. It should have been for life.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
he seems to have embraced his second chance and has learned a tough lesson. Everybody makes mistakes, what matters is if they can learn from them. Vick just sucks ass now at football.

Sure. I get that he appears to be trying to do the right thing. I'm not in his personal life and I'm sure I never will be. But I'll never change my opinion of him, no matter what he does, until the day he dies.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 11:35 AM
It's a free country.

I don't think anyone can rationalize barring him or his family from owning a pet dog. I would say that there is a good chance that something like that would help him develop as a human and make sure his kids don't do what he did. He's still a piece of shit.

Saccopoo
10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
“I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God’s creatures with kindness and respect,"

Hypocritical piece of shit.

Fuck this guy and fuck that he's "done the time." The dildo murdered a bunch of animals in cold blood and now he's found God and kindness and respect for the same animals he previously tortured? Lying, cocksucking, sociopathic pile of monkey shit.

It's times like this when I hope that the hypothetical Chinese type of Hell is the real deal.

Ebolapox
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
It's a free country.

human beings technically ARE animals, dude. kingdom animalia.

Iowanian
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Animals are not people.
Animals matter less than human beings.

He might be an asshole for what he did, but he did more time for a few dogs dying than most assholes who terrorize and harm their children.

If in this country a child abuser can get their children back after some of the terrible things they do, Mike Vick can have as many dogs as he wants. It's his public image and career that depend on how he treats them.

Bump
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM
It's a free country.

only this animal was genetically created by man as all dogs are. They deserve care and love just like anything else.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 11:48 AM
human beings technically ARE animals, dude. kingdom animalia.

I value all life. From plants to humans. The fact that I value life doesn't mean that I won't kill, it just means that I will only do so in a rational necessary manner. I would resolutely and without hesitation throw the switch myself to electrocute a gruesome killer. But I will happily pay taxes that go towards school lunch programs for poor children. I use a pest control service for my house because I won't live in an infested home. But I shoo bees away from my porch instead of killing them and if a spider makes it into my kitchen I'll catch it on a piece of paper and bring it outside into the orchard. Taking life is a serious and profound matter to me. Not an amusement.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Animals are not people.
Animals matter less than human beings.

He might be an asshole for what he did, but he did more time for a few dogs dying than most assholes who terrorize and harm their children.

If in this country a child abuser can get their children back after some of the terrible things they do, Mike Vick can have as many dogs as he wants. It's his public image and career that depend on how he treats them.

I agree. The thing is that "the system" is set up to get parents and kids back together as much as they possibly can because in most cases that child has a deep psychological need to be with their parents. It's a sliding scale when it comes to determining whether a child should be removed from the household. It's more complicated than that.

Mr. Laz
10-12-2012, 11:51 AM
the big deal is he was an mean asshole and should have to explain to his kids why they can't have a dog for the rest of his mean asshole life.

'sorry honey, but i used to make money off of killing and torturing dogs, so that's why you can't have a pet' /Vick

'i hate you, i hate you ... i hate you' /child

blaise
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
the big deal is he was an mean asshole and should have to explain to his kids why they can't have a dog for the rest of his mean asshole life.

'sorry honey, but i used to make money off of killing and torturing dogs, so that's why you can't have a pet' /Vick

'i hate you, i hate you ... i hate you' /child

No he shouldn't. He went to prison for it. We don't need some kooky extra punishment where he can't have a dog.

ghak99
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Hypocritical piece of shit.

**** this guy and **** that he's "done the time." The dildo murdered a bunch of animals in cold blood and now he's found God and kindness and respect for the same animals he previously tortured? Lying, cocksucking, sociopathic pile of monkey shit.

It's times like this when I hope that the hypothetical Chinese type of Hell is the real deal.

I've "murdered" a bunch of animals in cold blood, and then I ate the little bastards. A few of them were even considered my "pet" at one time or another. Am I going to this Chinese hell you speak of? Should I go try to find god?

He served his time, let it go. If he is trying to teach his children to be better than he is, it sounds like the system worked.

ghak99
10-12-2012, 12:09 PM
only this animal was genetically created by man as all dogs are. They deserve care and love just like anything else.

You do realize "man" bred certain lines of dogs to improve their meat quality, right?

Easy 6
10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Non story, this dog will live better than most people.

GloryDayz
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes he should... This is further proof that sometimes we suq as a country.

Mr. Laz
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes he should... This is further proof that sometimes we suq as a country.
don't do the crime, you won't have to live with it

KC_Lee
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG_DADDY
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
HSUS president Wayne Pacelle in an email declined to comment on the latest news.

Why would you look for one of the biggest POS in the entire world who advocates the entire elimination of all domestic animals to give you a comment? The media sucks ass.

Yes he should be able to have a dog now. I don't believe in scarlet letter legislation.

blaise
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Well, it wasn't part of his sentence, so he's living with it the way he's allowed to.

GloryDayz
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Point taken. But he did do the time too, and now he has a dog. Evidently he learned.

Gonzo
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
I dunno, being a dog lover I have mixed emotions...

He was fighting pit bulls which are dogs only in species classification. It's like calling a lion a feline. I don't approve of what he did but I have no use for the breed and I have a poor opinion of it as well. They've been bred to hurt or kill anything at a whim.

Meh, everyone deserves a second chance I guess.

Ebolapox
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I value all life. From plants to humans. The fact that I value life doesn't mean that I won't kill, it just means that I will only do so in a rational necessary manner. I would resolutely and without hesitation throw the switch myself to electrocute a gruesome killer. But I will happily pay taxes that go towards school lunch programs for poor children. I use a pest control service for my house because I won't live in an infested home. But I shoo bees away from my porch instead of killing them and if a spider makes it into my kitchen I'll catch it on a piece of paper and bring it outside into the orchard. Taking life is a serious and profound matter to me. Not an amusement.

do me a favor (this goes for iowanian as well) and don't assume that my pointing out that Homo sapiens sapiens is an animal as well is in ANY way my condoning his actions or his right to own a dog.

now, do I hold us to a higher esteem than I do other animals (especially mammals)? sure. it's hard NOT to as a member of the species. but the idea that we're apart from nature is absurd, we're as much a part of nature as any other species.

-were his actions reprehensible? absolutely.

-am I completely ok with his having a dog? not really, but it's not for me to say.

Rain Man
10-12-2012, 02:01 PM
If he got a dog for his children, let's hope the children protect the dog from him. He's not going to be any different than he ever was. It's scary to think about, but let's hope the publicity keeps him in line privately as well as publicly.

kcxiv
10-12-2012, 02:05 PM
what he did with the Dogs was wrong, but thats all on him and he has to live with it. It doesnt bother me all that much, i wouldnt do what he did, i wouldnt participate in watching dogs fighting, but it happened and its over, he got taught his lesson. He lost alot and went to prison for it.

If his kids want a dog, you can be damned sure that dog is one of the safest dogs in the world now. lol There is no fucking way he's going to do anything to harm that dog or any dog ever again.

Time to just move on.

GESteve
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Every body should stop dogging on him:-)

qabbaan
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm not about to tell a man what he can do with his possessions, and dogs and other livestock are his possessions.

Dallas Chief
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM

...says all the children of the same universe.:shake:

kcxiv
10-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Why should he give a fuck if u forgive him or not? He didn't do shit to you. He doesn't know u never will. I just don't understand where ur coming from on what u said.

Bane
10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I can't give 1 **** about this.

Iowanian
10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
If his pitbull bites his child's face off, can we call it even?

Simply Red
10-12-2012, 03:25 PM

yeah - this

memyselfI
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pets/A-dog-is-back-in-Vicks-life-as-he-vows-to-break-cycle-continue-advocacy.html

I am a huge animal lover and animal rights supporter and I believe he should have the opportunity to own another dog. He served his jail time and punishment given to him by the courts. I think he should be monitored which I am sure animal welfare activists will be doing in extreme. If he screws up again he should not be allowed to own a dog or see freedom for a LONG time.

Rasputin
10-12-2012, 04:38 PM
What would happen if a Cat got kinky with a flamingo?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/saceist/extra%20crap/catmingo.jpg
this is my f*u*c*k given today & am all out of f*u*c*k*s
nsfw

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
"I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family. This is an opportunity to break the cycle. To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

Man, he said EXACTLY the right things. Listen, if a man can rape a woman and have visitation rights to the child, I'm not going to fret over Vick owning a dog again.

RealSNR
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
At the same time Vick was embarking on his new...Hehehehehehe. Get it? Em BARK ing? hahaha

Well done, Philly magazine or whatever the hell you are. Well done.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 05:56 PM
...says all the children of the same universe.:shake:

And what exactly do you have a problem with? I have a feeling that you grossly misunderstand my signature.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Why should he give a **** if u forgive him or not? He didn't do shit to you. He doesn't know u never will. I just don't understand where ur coming from on what u said.

It's pretty simple. This is a message board. Someone raised a topic. I gave my opinion. Man, did somebody pour a gallon of concentrated stupid fuck in the water supply where you guys live today?

Brock
10-12-2012, 06:00 PM
should jerry sanduxky be allowed to adopt children /obligatory nut

SAUTO
10-12-2012, 06:09 PM
On this day no Fucks were given
Posted via Mobile Device

Sonic Cowboy-Raider
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
My own salute to each & every one of you

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/bf01c571a50ea86bc21247113a635ec9/l.jpg

DrunkBassGuitar
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/bf01c571a50ea86bc21247113a635ec9/l.jpg

stfu fatty

Iowanian
10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
You look like a Eunuch's boy part.