PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports You make the Call HR or no?

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/McClouthHRFoul.gif

Sonic Cowboy-Raider
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
My own salute to each & every one of you

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/bf01c571a50ea86bc21247113a635ec9/l.jpg

Saul Good
10-12-2012, 08:04 PM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/McClouthHRFoul.gif

I checked, and it was ruled to be not a HR. You're welcome.

jd1020
10-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Kinda looks like it bounces off the pole. Sound would help.

lewdog
10-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Not a definitive bounce off the pole so no way to over-turn.

SAUTO
It definitely hits the pole
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Bundy

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/bf01c571a50ea86bc21247113a635ec9/l.jpg

Your douchebagness knows no bounds.

ElGringo
10-12-2012, 08:07 PM
It would also depend on where that camera is located, along the same baseline, or opposite field/baseline?

Sonic Cowboy-Raider
Dear Sonic Raider,

You have received an infraction at ChiefsPlanet.

Reason: Spammed Advertisements
-------
idiot
-------

Deberg_1990
Probably hit the poll but no way of knowing with certainty. Ill bet a few of the fans down there know the real truth.

jd1020
It would also depend on where that camera is located, along the same baseline, or opposite field/baseline?

... You can't tell?

BigMeatballDave
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Looks like it glances off the pole.

chefsos
10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Dear Sonic Raider,

You have received an infraction at ChiefsPlanet.

Reason: Spammed Advertisements
-------
idiot
-------Awesome. I wonder how many it takes to get you gigged. I might take a shot.

Dante84
10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
They should install a sensor to tell if the pole gets hit.

Bump
10-12-2012, 08:37 PM
who gives a shit about baseball

The Bad Guy
10-12-2012, 09:06 PM

When you could be cast as a creepy uncle, or a guy in a molester van, you should probably stop posting your ****ing stupid picture all over, you stupid mother fucker.

Dartgod
10-12-2012, 09:06 PM

You must, since you clicked and commented on a BASEBALL thread.

The Bad Guy
10-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Also, why the fuck do you have winter gloves on inside with mesh shorts?

There's no doubt in my mind that you're a fucking creepy piece of shit.

Reaper16
10-12-2012, 09:11 PM
The trajectory changes after the ball gets in the area of the pole, which leads me to believe that it hit the pole. It's hard for me to believe that it doesn't hit the pole, based on how much its trajectory changed.

SAUTO
10-12-2012, 09:14 PM
The trajectory changes after the ball gets in the area of the pole, which leads me to believe that it hit the pole. It's hard for me to believe that it doesn't hit the pole, based on how much its trajectory changed.
I agree. The wind did not blow that fucker in a different direction.
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Sonic Raider looks like Harry Potter

NJChiefsFan
10-12-2012, 09:19 PM
An usher in the stadium says he thinks it hit the pole. I am a little biased as a Yankees fan but I think the thing nobody is talking about enough if Nate's reaction to the ball he hit. He never reacts as though it hit the pole. He and the umps, aside from those fans, had the best look. Considering he was obviously rooting for it to be fair as hard as he could, I do find it of value that he never argued it at all. He just looks down and goes back to the box.

I am biased though. Hard to tell. Looks like it might have changed based on the replay but there is also a lot of grains and shadows involved as well. If they had ruled it a HR I am not sure it would have changed either.

The Bad Guy
10-12-2012, 09:21 PM
An usher in the stadium says he thinks it hit the pole. I am a little biased as a Yankees fan but I think the thing nobody is talking about enough if Nate's reaction to the ball he hit. He never reacts as though it hit the pole. He and the umps, aside from those fans, had the best look. Considering he was obviously rooting for it to be fair as hard as he could, I do find it of value that he never argued it at all. He just looks down and goes back to the box.

I am biased though. Hard to tell. Looks like it might have changed based on the replay but there is also a lot of grains and shadows involved as well. If they had ruled it a HR I am not sure it would have changed either.

C'mon now. You think Nate is going to sell it to the umps that he thinks he hit the pole? The guy is 300 + ft. away from it. That's absurd logic.

SAUTO
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Wait an oriole hit that?

It didn't hit the pole.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Should have known from the douche that started the thread
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
C'mon now. You think Nate is going to sell it to the umps that he thinks he hit the pole? The guy is 300 + ft. away from it. That's absurd logic.

The coach and bench had no problem arguing it. Why is it crazy that I assume the hitter would? You really think its crazy that a person see it from 210 feet away, which is the actual distance he would have been give or take. Maybe so, I don't think so.

I am not submitting this as concrete proof and don't mind people thinking what they want, but IMO its significant. Think of it what you will.

Great Expectations
10-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Definitely hit the pole, definitely

lewdog
10-12-2012, 10:31 PM
You must, since you clicked and commented on a BASEBALL thread.

This post, along with my neg rep to Bump should give him the signal to shut the fuck up!

Rain Man
10-12-2012, 10:37 PM
The Raiders guy has a blue wicker bed. I hope he's in his mom's room. But at the same time, that would be just as creepy.

listopencil
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
The Raiders guy has a blue wicker bed. I hope he's in his mom's room. But at the same time, that would be just as creepy.

Blue wicker is now "gangsta."

alnorth
10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
That is a clear home run

CoMoChief
10-12-2012, 11:25 PM
ball changed direction in mid flight...looks like it hit the pole.

Dylan
10-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I just don't see the ball changing direction as it went by the foul pole.

Let's say the umpires ruled it a homerun. The final score would look like this: Yankees 3, Orioles 2. The Orioles still lose.

Via Star-Ledger: Yankees vs. Orioles: Even Nate McLouth said foul call was fair

Umpire Fieldin Culbreth called it a foul ball. Replays seemed to back up that ruling, but Showalter wanted another opinion.

"I saw it go to the right of the pole," Culbreth told a pool reporter. "There is netting there and it didn’t touch the netting. It did not change direction."

Crew chief Brian Gorman concurred.

"We saw the same thing on the replay," Gorman said. "There was no evidence to overturn the decision."

McLouth, frankly, didn’t see what all the fuss was about. He thought it had been foul from the moment he hit it and even reacted that way upon Culbreth’s initial call.

"It was real close, obviously. But from what I could see, it was foul," he said. "I didn’t know for sure, but it was so close. It was close. He (Culbreth) was closer than I was, so I took his word for it."
http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2012/10/yankees_vs_orioles_even_nate_m.html

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25395143&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>
Foul Ball.

Enlarge: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25395143&topic_id=37989974&c_id=bal

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-12-2012, 11:32 PM

Let's say the umpires ruled it a homerun. The final score would look like this: Yankees 3, Orioles 2. The Orioles still lose.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2012/10/yankees_vs_orioles_even_nate_m.html

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25395143&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>
Foul Ball.

Enlarge: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25395143&topic_id=37989974&c_id=bal

See you didn't even watch the game just looking at the scorecard. That would of made it 1-1 in the 6 who knows how the inning plays out.

Reaper16
10-12-2012, 11:32 PM

It would help if you watched the play. Radio isn't going to cut it for this discussion.

alnorth
10-12-2012, 11:58 PM

Are you kidding me? The ball's flight clearly was altered, sharply, downwards.

I'm not going to blame the replay guys for not seeing it if they didnt have this magnified super-slo mo, maybe in real-time speed its impossible to see, but in that video its clear.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Foul.

Don't blame the loss on the umps. Blame it on the fact that the Orioles completely forgot how to hit a baseball for the entire series.

alnorth
10-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Foul.

Don't blame the loss on the umps. Blame it on the fact that the Orioles completely forgot how to hit a baseball for the entire series.

We're not blaming the Oriole loss on this call. They probably lose regardless. The question is, simply, home run or foul. Its clearly a home run, so you are wrong.

Dylan
10-13-2012, 12:27 AM
I watched the play - The Yankees own their own regional TV sports network - The game will replay in its entirety, repeated continuously.

If you think McLouth hit a home run - I respect that -

The home run doesn't change who won the game.

If this makes you happy go for it:

Yankees 3
Orioles 2

NJChiefsFan
10-13-2012, 12:33 AM
I watched the play - The Yankees own their own regional TV sports network - The game will replay in its entirety, repeated continuously.

If you think McLouth hit a home run - I respect that -

If this makes you happy go for it:

Yankees 3
Orioles 2

You can not do that. You can not just add a run assuming the game plays out that way. Who knows what happens if its 1 to 1. Maybe Baltimore wins, maybe the Yankees win 15 to 1. We dont know.

Its like when somebody gets thrown out stealing and the next pitch is a homerun and people say "that would have been a 2 run homer." How can you say that? The pitcher's thought process is different, the pitch he throws may be different, and the batter is thinking different. Hell, just the 10 second delay for the steal may cause the pitcher to throw the ball different even if he still thinks exactly the same and throws the same pitch.

You listened to it on 880? I can't imagine how Sterling and Susan called that play. I would imagine Sterling let you know 20 seconds after the hit it was called foul and said nothing else. The two of them are terrible. I used to hate Kay. Still don't like him but he is better than he used to be.

KCrockaholic
10-13-2012, 01:14 AM
It hits the pole.

Dylan
10-13-2012, 01:48 AM
You can not do that. I am a die hard Yankees fan but I can not take when people do this. You can not just add a run assuming the game plays out that way. Who knows what happens if its 1 to 1. Maybe Baltimore wins, maybe the Yankees win 15 to 1. We dont know.

Its like when somebody gets thrown out stealing and the next pitch is a homerun and people say "that would have been a 2 run homer." How can you say that? The pitcher's thought process is different, the pitch he throws may be different, and the batter is thinking different. Hell, just the 10 second delay for the steal may cause the pitcher to throw the ball different even if he still thinks exactly the same and throws the same pitch.

Looking at that replay I can not blame people for thinking its a HR. Hell, half the time I watch it I see the deflection, the other half it just looks like a weird shadow. I am biased, I can not pretend not to be.

Spoken like a true fan ... :D

I did not know you are a Yankees fan. Awesome ... I do not believe the ball touched the pole - But even if it did, there was not enough evidence to overturn the call. Bottom line: Top of 8th. Sabathia on - Bases loaded and the Orioles failed to score.

However, it was a memorable series - Orioles had a remarkable run this season - tough team. Wish them the best.

TOP 6
Ford grounds out to second.

Andino flies out to right. Two down. CC cruising.

McLouth hammers one down the line to right field into the seats and it's called foul. Buck Showalter is out on the field to argue.

Four of the six umpires go behind the O's dugout and look at the video. When the umpires returned they stayed with the original call.

And McLouth strikes out.

BOTTOM 6
Chavez strikes out looking.

Jeter walks and Ichiro drives him in with a double. 2-0 Yankees. Jeter scores all the way from first on his bad foot. Tough.

Hammel freezes Cano with a pitch that looked to be a little high. Two down with Ichiro on second.

Showalter out to give Hammel the hook. Troy Patton is coming in to face Ibanez, setting up lefty vs. lefty.

Ibanez strikes out swinging. Another solid job by the Orioles bullpen.
YANKEES 2, ORIOLES 0

TOP 7
Hardy grounds out to second. Sabathia still cruising and now he actually has a small cushion to work with.

Jones strikes out swinging.

Davis flies out to center. Easy inning for Sabathia.

BOTTOM 7
Patton strikes out Swisher looking.

There it is. Granderson homers. 3-0 Yankees.

Martin grounds out to third. Two down.

Chavez strikes out swinging.

Can the Orioles come back from a three-run deficit in this series, which has been marked by a lack of offense?

TOP 8
Sabathia still in and Wieters lines a single to left against him to start the eighth.
Base runners have been so hard to come by. The Orioles need multiple now.

There's another. Machado walks and Joe Girardi needs to think about how long CC is going to remain in this game.

CC gets Reynolds swinging. Huge out against a guy who has killed the Yankees.

Ford singles to left, driving in Wieters. 3-1 now. That was beyond a diving Jeter. Still only one out.

Andino taps it back to the mound. CC has nowhere to go with it. He throws to second, but Ford is already there. Everyone is safe. Bases loaded with the top of the order coming up.

Sabathia bears down and gets McLouth swinging on a slider. Huge out.
CC is at 107 pitches.

Hardy a slow hopper to Jeter, who just gets Hardy at first. Inning over. CC gets out of the jam and that will probably be it for him.
YANKEES 3, ORIOLES 1

BOTTOM 8
Pedro Strop in for the Orioles.

Jeter grounds to first and Reynolds tosss to Strop running toward the bag. One down.

Ichiro with a rare walk.

Strop will come out. The Orioles go to Brian Matusz to pitch to Cano.

Good call. Matusz induces Cano to ground into a 4-6-3 double play on one pitch. That was quick. Still no sign of Robbie in this series.

TOP 9
Jones, Davis and Wieters to face Sabathia in the ninth. Yankees lead 3-1. The Orioles' season is on the line. CC is staying in to finish the job.

Jones flies out to left. He was absolutely abysmal in this series.
CC is at 113 pitches.

Davis with two lazy swings. Quickly 0-2. CC blows him away with a high fastball.

Orioles down to their final out. Wieters up.

Wieters grounds back to Sabathia, who throws him out at first.

That's it! The Yankees survive a wild series and advance to the ALCS against the Tigers tomorrow night.

KChiefer
10-13-2012, 04:54 AM
That ball hit more pole than Jenna Jameson

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2012, 04:56 AM
It's pretty obvious that ball hit the pole. Wow.

Ceej
10-13-2012, 07:22 AM
You should ask twitter.

Twitter has all of the answers.

lewdog
10-13-2012, 07:53 AM

How can you even said it wouldn't?!!!! You don't think I tie game affects players approaches at the plate, or the managers changes in pitchers etc. I could go on and on. Baseball is the classic situational game dictated by the current situation and manager/player approaches to that situation.

Nickel D
10-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Just like me, it definitely hits the pole.

AussieChiefsFan
10-13-2012, 07:58 AM
SonicRaider finally got banned

Pasta Little Brioni
10-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Call on the field stands

whoman69
10-13-2012, 10:44 AM

If you really feel that way, why are you even wasting your and our time in opening this thread?

Phobia
10-13-2012, 12:03 PM
SonicRaider finally got banned

Yeah, he's done. We don't mind trolls sometimes but they have to bring something of value; laughs or an actual contributing thought now and then. This guy didn't.

tonyetony
10-13-2012, 12:11 PM
HR. I think that has to be the largest foul pole in the league. It looks to be about a foot in diameter.

MotherfuckerJones
10-13-2012, 12:53 PM

How big of a cock do you suck??

L.A. Chieffan
10-13-2012, 01:10 PM
You see the ball clearly in pass in front of the poll. Easy call