PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rumor - Pioli offered two year extension

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2012, 10:11 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/20563159/the-nfl-today-embattled-chiefs-gm-pioli-offered-twoyear-extension-yet-to-sign

Offered 2-year extension. Rumored to have been offered earlier in the season.
Yet to sign

Titty Meat
10-14-2012, 10:14 AM
ROFL

PRIEST
Wow , wish I could get paid that kinda jack for doing a job I totally suck balls at ;)

Gonzo
LMAO

How awesome would it be if he told CHunt to take a flying fuck?

Setsuna
Le sigh.

mcaj22
10-14-2012, 10:15 AM
just saw this.

Clark PLEASE PULL THIS OFFER PLEASE

this stubborn bastard rejected it at the start of the season because he thought what? He was actually going to have a good year and get what he wanted?!? HAHAHAH

TribalElder
10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Damn I want to post pics. Fucking newbie status damnit!

qabbaan
Pioli has yet to sign the deal, the source indicated, with the buyout language in the contract one of the primary reasons why an agreement has yet to be struck

Sign of hope...?

OnTheWarpath15
Pioli has yet to sign the deal, the source indicated, with the buyout language in the contract one of the primary reasons why an agreement has yet to be struck.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this would lead me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lessen the financial responsibility before firing Pioli.

the Talking Can
10-14-2012, 10:17 AM
clark hunt is a fucking loser

notorious
10-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Great, this means I can burn down a customer's house, lie about it, and tell them to go fuck themselves.

After all of that, they will hire me to install a floor in their new addition to the rubble.

INSANE!!!!!

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2012, 10:18 AM
just saw this.

Clark PLEASE PULL THIS OFFER PLEASE

this stubborn bastard rejected it at the start of the season because he thought what? He was actually going to have a good year and get what he wanted?!? HAHAHAH

Man... I am really, really trying hard to find a positive out of this shitty situation. The best positive I can find out of this shitty situation is that if Hunt was ever considering firing Pioli, he'd have to do it right away.

Bugeater
10-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this would lead me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lessen the financial responsibility before firing Pioli.
Why would an extension even be open for negotiation if he wants to fire him?

chiefzilla1501

Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

qabbaan
Clark, with the money you save by firing Pioli, you can buy a brand new hair helmet.

Titty Meat
10-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Fuck you Clark! Your dick is drawn to Scotts wet spot like a dowsing rod.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2012, 10:21 AM
The Next Banner better be CLARK PULL THE EXTENSION OFF THE TABLE!!

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Repost

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2012, 10:23 AM
This has been my thinking all along: Clark has extension wrote up because Pioli is in 4th of 5 year contract. Will wait to officially offer til the season is over to see how the team is

Setsuna
10-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Bring in Green as VP of Operations like Elway is in Denver?

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Why would an extension even be open for negotiation if he wants to fire him?

Clark would give him a 50 year extension if it meant saving money. If Pioli is bent about the buyout language, it leads me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lower the payout should he fire Pioli before the end of next season.

Think about it - Pioli has chosen to decline the offer - if this was a legitimate extension, Scott would be all over it.

It's a financial loophole, nothing more.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 10:27 AM
This could really be a good sign. If there is tension between Hunt and Pioli about a buyout clause, that seems to indicate that Clark is going to hold him accountable for the team's results. The extension may only serve to make him more fireable, which is why Pioli wouldn't find it in his interest to sign.

the Talking Can
when is our pussy GM going to come out of hiding and comment on the shitty team and shitty QB he is personally responsible for?

OnTheWarpath15
This could really be a good sign. If there is tension between Hunt and Pioli about a buyout clause, that seems to indicate that Clark is going to hold him accountable for the team's results. The extension may only serve to make him more fireable, which is why Pioli wouldn't find it in his interest to sign.

Exactly.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2012, 10:29 AM
when is our pussy GM going to come out of hiding and comment on the shitty team and shitty QB he is personally responsible for?

Because he's a sissy. He's a secretive little rat

the Talking Can
maybe pioli is such a patriots pussy that he'll run back to papa belichick and claim he was undermined by KC?

can we dream?

Brock

I agree with this.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Didn't defend the fans on the Cassel situation
Hasn't spoken to the media about the horrible team
Refused to speak to Kent Babb on the Arrowhead Anxiety story (let me remind you that Mark Donovan and Clark Hunt DID respond)

This guy is a fucking idiot. This is the Kansas City media. This is a loyal fan base. Only an idiot would turn his back on the two parties that could make an underachieving GM like Carl Peterson stay in power for 20 years.

notorious
10-14-2012, 10:30 AM
I think it is a legitimate offer. Pioli just wants more years.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one.

notorious
10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
maybe pioli is such a patriots pussy that he'll run back to papa belichick and claim he was undermined by KC?

can we dream?

I don't give a shit as long as he is gone.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/8PIA2.gif

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Clark would give him a 50 year extension if it meant saving money. If Pioli is bent about the buyout language, it leads me to believe that Clark is looking for a way to lower the payout should he fire Pioli before the end of next season.

Think about it - Pioli has chosen to decline the offer - if this was a legitimate extension, Scott would be all over it.

That's how I see it, too.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 10:33 AM
If we think about this, and if Pioli is in the last year of a deal (do we know that for sure?) - when did you ever hear of a GM in a contract year? Good ones get extended. The fact that he wasn't extended, say, last year means Clark wasn't convinced.

So you seem to end up in this scenario where Pioli is in a put up or shut up year, and its not going so well. Now, Hunt is angling for an exit that makes sense on the business side if things continue to burrow into the silt.

My guess is that Hunt hasn't quite decided to fire Pioli yet, but without some signs of improvement this year he will. Pioli has no leverage right now to dictate terms of an extension, Hunt is negotiating from a position of strength.

He could be trying to save money while knowing that he will likely fire Pioli either way.

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I wonder if part of the language has the word "quarterback" in it.

Bugeater
10-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Interesting. The plot thickens I guess.

Bugeater
10-14-2012, 10:35 AM
If we think about this, and if Pioli is in the last year of a deal (do we know that for sure?) - when did you ever hear of a GM in a contract year? Good ones get extended. The fact that he wasn't extended, say, last year means Clark wasn't convinced.

So you seem to end up in this scenario where Pioli is in a put up or shut up year, and its not going so well. Now, Hunt is angling for an exit that makes sense on the business side if things continue to burrow into the silt.

My guess is that Hunt hasn't quite decided to fire Pioli yet, but without some signs of improvement this year he will. Pioli has no leverage right now to dictate terms of an extension, Hunt is negotiating from a position of strength.

He could be trying to save money while knowing that he will likely fire Pioli either way.
I thought 2013 was the last year of his original contract?

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't see how some of you take this info and use it to slam Clark.

This is a clear sign that Clark is growing a set.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes Plot thickens. The "Language" is control over the franchise. Clark wants more of a say and will or Pioli will be fired.

the Talking Can
10-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't see how some of you take this info and use it to slam Clark.

This is a clear sign that Clark is growing a set.

the only thing it is a clear sign of is that Clark has offered pioli an extension he doesn't deserve...

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:39 AM
the only thing it is a clear sign of is that Clark has offered pioli an extension he doesn't deserve...

Two-year extensions aren't much of a vote of confidence dude.

If Clark really wanted Pioli extended, he would be already.

Bugeater
10-14-2012, 10:40 AM
If Clark had a set, he would've fired him already.

Marcellus
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
As stated already a 2 year extension with a disagreement on the buy out language doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement.

Where the guy who wrote the article translated that to staunch endorsement is beyond me.

DTLB58
10-14-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079999/article/report-chiefs-offer-gm-scott-pioli-twoyear-extension

NFL.com picking up on it now also.

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:43 AM

Think about it.

The language of a buyout is the sticking point, meaning that Clark has put it on the table that if things dont turn around, he can fire SP on the cheap.

This means Pioli would have 3 more years (after 2012) and that he would need to draft a quarterback or find some way to get real results.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Would be awesome if Clark fired Pioli on the field after the game and didn't let him ride the team plane home.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Q

siberian khatru
10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Why would you offer to extend him as a way to make it easier to fire him if he's already under contract for 2013? That would indicate that Pioli will be back but on a very short leash. But if you have that little confidence in him, why extend him at all? Why not wait on an extension until sometime next season, to see how things are going?

Is it only because it's standard practice to not let a GM (or coach, IIRC) enter the final year of a contract? That protocol forces Clark to give him an extension, even though he's this close to not letting Pioli continue past 2013 anyway?

DeezNutz
10-14-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm not seeing this as a positive because there is more than enough evidence to fire Pioli now. Pay his $5M for '13 and move on. Negotiating a buyout of what? $2M, hypothetically? Please.

Logic suggests that if the extension is signed, Pioli will get at least two more years, and I don't want this loser to have two more days.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Would be awesome if Clark fired Pioli on the field after the game and didn't let him ride the team plane home.

Would be even funnier if he was forced to ride home in a plane donning a banner

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Think about it.

The language of a buyout is the sticking point, meaning that Clark has put it on the table that if things dont turn around, he can fire SP on the cheap.

This means Pioli would have 3 more years (after 2012) and that he would need to draft a quarterback or find some way to get real results.

I've thought about and it's still a stupid idea.

This guy doesn't deserve anymore chances.

He'll NEVER find a way to get REAL results. He doesn't have it in him. He's too preoccupied with stuff that shouldn't matter.

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Id LOVE to read this buyout language.

I bet it has to do with playoff wins.

Hammock Parties
Why would you offer to extend him as a way to make it easier to fire him

Because you want to fire him. And save money.

Why is this hard to understand. LMAO

qabbaan
Screw you guys, this is a possible glimmer of hope when viewed from one specific angle, I'm grabbing it and holding on tight.

htismaqe
Why would you offer to extend him as a way to make it easier to fire him if he's already under contract for 2013? That would indicate that Pioli will be back but on a very short leash. But if you have that little confidence in him, why extend him at all? Why not wait on an extension until sometime next season, to see how things are going?

Is it only because it's standard practice to not let a GM (or coach, IIRC) enter the final year of a contract? That protocol forces Clark to give him an extension, even though he's this close to not letting Pioli continue past 2013 anyway?

Exactly.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Q

Get over it.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Logic suggests that if the extension is signed, Pioli will get at least two more years, and I don't want this loser to have two more days.

And if the buyout is favorable to Clark, Pioli can sign on the dotted line and be fired in December.

A 2-year extension means shit.

If it was a 5-year deal I'd be worried.

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Get over it.

It's a Q

siberian khatru

His current buyout is more expensive than an extension's buyout?

Clark is saying, Here, sign this contract extension ... but if I fire you in 2013, what I owe you for 2014-15 is less than what I owe you now?

DeezNutz
And if the buyout is favorable to Clark, Pioli can sign on the dotted line and be fired in December.

Pioli isn't that stupid. He wouldn't sign and collect his money. Furthermore, a professional isn't going to offer a transparently bullshit document to his hand-picked GM.

I understand that people are desperate to see Pioli gone, but we're making up wild guesses to try to support our cause.

If an extension is on the table, Pioli sees, at least, the end of the '13 season. I don't even view this statement as arguable.

He's back. Perhaps on a short leash, but he's back.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Remember when Lamar wouldn't fire Carl for not doing his job? Yeah same thing.

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Screw you guys, this is a possible glimmer of hope when viewed from one specific angle, I'm grabbing it and holding on tight.

Too bad that one specific angle is the perspective you get when one's head is planted firmly in one's ass. :p

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I've thought about and it's still a stupid idea.

This guy doesn't deserve anymore chances.

He'll NEVER find a way to get REAL results. He doesn't have it in him. He's too preoccupied with stuff that shouldn't matter.

Lets be real here...if Pioli hits on a quarterback, people will be photoshopping Pioli is superman suits.

At least thats my opinion...I could be wrong.

Shag
Pioli isn't that stupid. He wouldn't sign and collect his money. Furthermore, a professional isn't going to offer a transparently bullshit document to his hand-picked GM.

I understand that people are desperate to see Pioli gone, but we're making up wild guesses to try to support our cause.

If an extension is on the table, Pioli sees, at least, the end of the '13 season. I don't even view this statement as arguable.

He's back. Perhaps on a short leash, but he's back.

This is how I see it. Would be extremely unprofessional to offer an extension for the sole reason of making it cheaper to fire someone in the short term. Not going to happen.

htismaqe

Clark is saying, Here, sign this contract extension ... but if I fire you in 2013, what I owe you for 2014-15 is less than what I owe you now?

Exactly.

Silly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/20563159/the-nfl-today-embattled-chiefs-gm-pioli-offered-twoyear-extension-yet-to-sign

Offered 2-year extension. Rumored to have been offered earlier in the season.
Yet to sign

If he has yet to sign then Pioli really is a dumbass. Pull that offer fast Clark.

The Bad Guy
10-14-2012, 10:56 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense.

If you're on the fence about him, you're not offering an extension.

If he signs it this year, he's not getting canned for at least another year, year and a half if at all.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Lets be real here...if Pioli hits on a quarterback, people will be photoshopping Pioli is superman suits.

This. He drafts Geno and we start winning...he will be golden on this board.

-King-
10-14-2012, 10:58 AM
We're getting a QB no matter who the GM is.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:58 AM

It makes complete sense if you want to avoid paying Pioli a bunch of money.

It's basically saying "Turn this season around or else."

Pioli's not dumb, though. He won't sign it.

Nothing to worry about.

BossChief
10-14-2012, 10:59 AM

He also wants to keep his options open if Pioli does make a good decision regarding QB and turns things around.

This is good news for us.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:59 AM
This is how I see it. Would be extremely unprofessional to offer an extension for the sole reason of making it cheaper to fire someone in the short term. Not going to happen.

LMAO

Who gives a fuck? It's a business.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 11:01 AM
This is one case where the Hunts being cheap is very awesome.

We're getting a QB no matter who the GM is.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hammock Parties

It's what the Hunts do, remember? They cheap.

GloryDayz
10-14-2012, 11:02 AM
I hope the "language" is a LOT of language. To start with, I hope it says we have to win the AFC championship in those two years. Then, I hope it guarantees that the coach gets to make the calls as to who plays. Further, it should indicate that non-players won't ever fill more than one job - so he has to hire people to do jobs, then let them do them unafraid of him.

I'll think of more "language" that would help this team. But suffice it to say the language will be performance based... You get it done, or you're gone...now sign on the line!

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 11:02 AM

The problem is that your opinion is based on 2 faulty assumptions.

1) You're assuming Pioli even knows what a real QB is. Obviously he doesn't.
2) You are assuming Pioli will draft a QB. He could have drafted one in any of the last 3 years and taken ALL of the credit. There's NO WAY he's going to do it now because he can't win. If he takes one, it was the pressure from fans and ownership that forced his hand rather than his own skill as a GM.

Your hypothetical is impossible.

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 11:03 AM
LMAO

Who gives a ****? It's a business.

Of course it's a business. That's why the entire premise of your argument is ridiculous.

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 11:04 AM
He also wants to keep his options open if Pioli does make a good decision regarding QB and turns things around.

This is good news for us.

You will literally do anything to pull some hope out of this mountain of shit.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Remember when Lamar wouldn't fire Carl for not doing his job?

Remember when Clark did?

Brock
10-14-2012, 11:19 AM

If he signs it this year, he's not getting canned for at least another year, year and a half if at all.

Not too sure about this. It looks like a lowball offer in terms of years, if Clark really was sold on him, it would have been longer. Just by observation, a contrat extension isn't always what it seems.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Too bad that one specific angle is the perspective you get when one's head is planted firmly in one's ass. :p

Hope springs eternal in the human ass...

Caseyguyrr
10-14-2012, 11:22 AM
gtfo with this propaganda

Titty Meat
10-14-2012, 11:23 AM

Your source was right again props.

RunKC
10-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Clark believes in Pioli. That's all this says.

Pioli is going nowhere folks. God I hate this hell. Fuck you Clark. I hope you burn in hell.

Bewbies
10-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Pioli sucks at drafting, and any GM that drafts a QB gets a few years more time to see if they pan out.

These are the 2 reasons I don't want Pioli around, even if he were to draft a QB in round 1.

petegz28
10-14-2012, 12:25 PM
WTF would we call TO? It's not like we are going to try to score if we get the ball back or anything

Sorrym wrong thread

petegz28
10-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Clark just gave a big "go fuck yourself, Kansas City"

journeyscarab
10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

#Chiefs did not offer Pioli a contract extension, source says. Story coming soon at http://kansascity.com . Will tweet link when its posted

Bowser
10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
RUMOR FATALITY

teedubya
10-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I just took a huge shit... can I get a #2 extension?

JohnnyHammersticks
10-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Pioli/Hunt = Millen/Ford

It will take 0-16 for Pioli to get fired...so he's safe for another year.

I've been telling you all along, get ready for Josh McDaniels as HC in 2013.

BlackHelicopters
10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
To quote Henry Hill: Pioli could fuck up a cup of coffee