PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. The sooner you accept the season is over, the more you can just enjoy the gallows humor. I knew we'd lose today. The Chiefs haven't won in Tampa since Montana beat them there opening day 1993. Chiefs traditionally play like crap in Florida anyway. This team is Herm 2-14 bad. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll get past it and enjoy the comedy that is Chiefs Planet, and the tragedy that is Chiefs Football.

9. I really enjoyed sitting in on the CP game thread today. It's a lot of fun. I only get to do it on road games. It's like sitting in a big rec room full of Chiefs fans who really give a damn about what is happening. The wives are all out in the kitchen talking about kids and shopping, the rec room is just us fans. The game threads are usually about 200 pages long. Much too long to read if you start stem to stern. So this week, I'm going to give you the speed reading version of what the CP's game thread is like, starting from before the game, to the end of the game. You can feel the love (or lack thereof), and the emotional roller coaster as the game unfolds. And, my dear CP brethren, this is all in your own words. So give yourselves a high five, your words speak volumes:

8. Pregame (I LOVE the pregame optimism)

• "I always get frustrated with this team and say shit like "I'm done with this team." I never follow through, I've been addicted too long. However, if this ****ing team comes out tomorrow and rushes fifty times while throwing seven times against THIS defense, **** it, I'm out until Pioli is gone. I swear to God." -Mr. Flopnuts

• "Quinning! Chiefs 24, Bucs 12" -Unsmooth Moment

• "Brady Croyle will rally the troops." - Touchdown Kansas City

7. First Quarter, game begins:

• "I'm going to start in on the beers right now, before I've even eaten, that way by the time the game is over; I'll be oblivious to it all." Scott Free

• "Classic Chiefs start. Easy three and out, give up great field position to opponents." - Lewdog

• "Wow, what a play. Houston developing into a stud." - Kev B

• "Our first lead of the season maybe? Woot!" - Glory Dayz

• "Quinterception!!!!!!!" - cdcox

• "Apparently Jonathan Hayes is our hands coach." - suzzer99

• "Classic Belcher. He's in position to make a big play, but doesn't have the capacity, or in this case, the awareness to make it." - Beer Bacon

• "Another helmet ripped off with no flag. Thank god we got the real refs back." - Bugeater

• "Yay...more video of Winston slandering all Chiefs fans, with Clark and Scott's approval..." - Talking Can

• "This is like watching old people f*ck." - DeezNutz (this, btw, was my favorite comment all day).

• "Every single game this year I can hear the Benny Hill theme running in my head"- Iron Chief

• "The Hell with this whack ass team. I'm gonna watch this idiot jump to his death from the edge of space."- Scalper

• "Outscored 55-6 in the first quarter this year. We have half-tards coaching this team. Unacceptable....nice box of steaming poo this product is" - DJJasonp

6. Second quarter, game is still close at 7-0 Bucs:

• "And another helmet comes off..." - Coach

• "Discount helmets from Clark." - KCUnited

• "Daboll has the most unimaginative play calling ever. lol Some of his plays are complete ass." - Fruit Ninja

• "Whew! Thank God we only got three, we wouldn't wanna try to get a TD." - Honey Badger

• "Illegal wedge wtf? Now they are just making shit up" - TribalElder (Note: more like "Illegal Wedgie").

• "Flowers getting owned." - ReerunKC

• "Defense is an embarrassment. Six first rounders, three second rounders, total suckage." -jspchief

• "Doink!" - Dartgod (TB's first field goal attempt.)

• "OMAHA!!!! That's an audible to get stuffed behind the line right?" - Kaplin42

• "OMAHA" is fancy football code for "five yard loss"- Mugalug

• "And we punt? GTFO out if here RAC, you scared pussy"- petegz28

5. Halftime, Chiefs down 7-3. Game is still in doubt. Who will make the adjustments?

• "On pace to score six points for the second week in a row. Awesome!" -texaschiefsfan

• "We've had the ball for 22 minutes and only 123 yards to show for it. Pathetic." - bricks

• "That's the game...Now that the Bucs O-Coordinator knows we have crap secondary and can't get to his QB they're going to throw all day long..." - Ringleader

• "Shufflin' off to Omaha." - Fax

• "Lol at this team not having lead at any point this season. They've had so many opportunities but have always failed and failed worse." - Buckweath

• "Quinterpicksix!!!!!!" - cdcox

• "I sure am glad we're playing the 32nd ranked pass D" - Flachief58

• "Nothing like game planning around a one armed midget." - tonyetony

• "I'm not sure i have ever seen a team in my 43 years of pro football drop, tip, and fumble so many God Dam MFing passes to losr games. Our receivers have butterfingers!!! - scho63

• "Lady luck for the Chiefs is actually a 400 lb nymphomaniac cell mate."- Gary

• "Get this: We are being out-coached/schemed by Greg Schiano." - WilliamInnnerCircle

• "Saddest part? Quinn is still better than Cassel." - Carlota69

4. Fourth Quarter: KC down 21-3:

• "The Brownsification of the Chiefs continues." - Beer Bacon

• "Daboll is an idiot. We all knew he would suck with his shit resume." - Tuckdaddy

• "We are awesome at punting." - Wazu

• "This O line is disgusting" - Bob Dole

• "It seriously looks like they're TRYING to lose. It's stunning." - chief103182

• "Thank Christ we have a bye next week, I need a break. I don't think I can watch another week of this." - KCtotheSB

• "Screw the banner, hire a kamikaze pilot." - ping2000 (Note: that's funny right there...)

3. Chiefs block a punt to actually score a TD:

• "That might be the coolest ****ing play ever if goes down as a touchdown." - A Salt Weapon

• "Apparently the special teams scrubs are the only ones who showed up to play today.' - Bugeater

2. Tampa Bay piles on two late TDs to make the score a greater embarrassment:

• "Every single time we get going some crazy shit happens. It's AMAZING. I've never seen anything like it." - Beach Tribe

• "Do we have enough money in the account to get the Bucs to aim the cannon at our sideline?" - ping2000 (note: my second favorite comment today)

• "Tampa has 456 yards on us today" - Straight No Chaser

• "It's funny to see us getting clowned by a team that is playing in front of an empty stadium.' - Gabbaan

1. So, there you have it. We're 1-5. GBlowfish "mails it in" this week by letting the CP game thread write the commentary. I think it's pretty much spot on. So pat yourselves on the back CP. Forget about these losing wastes of skin in red uni's for a couple weeks, and try to look on the bright side of life...ba bum, ba bump a bump a bum... I refuse to invest anything more emotionally this year. I'm played out. Just can't do it. How about you?

Fish
10-14-2012, 06:35 PM
• "Saddest part? Quinn is still better than Cassel." - Carlota69

Sad post....

Spott
10-14-2012, 06:37 PM
• "Do we have enough money in the account to get the Bucs to aim the cannon at our sideline?" ping2000

:LOL:

WilliamTheIrish
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Quoted by Gblowfish. I've arrived. *starry look in eyes*

DeezNutz
10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Clapping gif.

Bewbies
10-14-2012, 06:39 PM
I like #1 and #2 comments of the day. LMAO

Bugeater
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
"Do we have enough money in the account to get the Bucs to aim the cannon at our sideline?" - ping2000
LMAO That must've been after I bailed on the gamethread.

DaFace
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Who the hell is ping2000?

Ghost of Maslowski
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
that kamakaze idea is sounding better and better all the time

HonestChieffan
10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
There were no 10 things

Reerun_KC
10-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Quailing > Quinning.

Bugeater
10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
I dunno but it looks like he won the gamethread today.

Psyko Tek
10-14-2012, 07:08 PM
that kamakaze idea is sounding better and better all the time

can he tow a banner on his way in?

tonyetony
10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
can he tow a banner on his way in?

I think I need some meds because this made me laugh really hard.

Phobia
10-14-2012, 07:22 PM
The best thing about hiring a kamikaze pilot is when you pay by check.

TribalElder
10-14-2012, 07:23 PM
That is awesomeness

Hahahahahahahahahahha

TIED5573
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Remember when the 'Bucs' were the worst team in football?

Deberg_1990
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Worst ten things about today's game column ever......

Bewbies
10-14-2012, 07:31 PM

I'd mail it in, same as the team we love...

Bowser
10-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Shut your whore mouth. That was great.

If Blowfish does a hard hitting review of today's game, he may well jump off the Chouteau bridge.

crazycoffey
10-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Just as pathetic as the game, tassel's play, reerun's sense of humor, clay's love life, deboll's play calling, the chiefs equipment manager and pioli's first round picks. Next banner, blowfish blows....

:Poke:

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 07:44 PM
2-14 LMAO

And some of you had us going 11-5.

Will CP ever believe again?

Future post:

"Yeah, this team is talented. ON PAPER. The 2012 Chiefs were the same way and they won two games. 8-8. At best."

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
That's beautiful. I wish I could hang out in chat.

Coogs
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Remember when the 'Bucs' were the worst team in football?

1 win in their last 14 games when they got out of bed this morning. I'd say they are in the conversation for it now. And they bitch slapped us hard.

KChiefer
10-14-2012, 07:51 PM
A shout out to the person who said Cassel helped put the chin-straps on the helmets today. That got my lol.

1ChiefsDan
10-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the quotes. I don't do the game thread, I do the chat instead. Several of them made me LMFAO (as sad as they are).

notorious
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM

Damnit, I am going to have to dig through the game thread to rep that funny bastard. LMAO

Reerun_KC
10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Just as pathetic as the game, tassel's play, reerun's sense of humor, clay's love life, deboll's play calling, the chiefs equipment manager and pioli's first round picks. Next banner, blowfish blows....

:Poke:

I am funny dammit.

DaFace
10-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Damnit, I am going to have to dig through the game thread to rep that funny bastard. LMAO

Here's the source of one of them:

Screw the banner, hire a kamikaze pilot.

Pretty impressive. He's been here since 2001 but only posts from time to time.

notorious
10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's the source of one of them:

Pretty impressive. He's been here since 2001 but only posts from time to time.

Damn. ROFL

He is the George Constanza of CP. He delivers his punchline and GTFO. LMAO

Titty Meat
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
There's always 2 things we can look forward to on Sundays. A Chiefs loss and George's 10 things thread. Great work as usual.

lcarus
10-14-2012, 08:15 PM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/holydiver11/Ping.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RTnShKVX560" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't know where else to put this but this thread seems as good as any other..

I know this team is ass and we have a million holes, but that fucker Kendrick Lewis needs to go, like, yesterday. Seriously, the dude's a matador if I ever saw one.

A Salt Weapon
10-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks for picking one of mine. Great write up.
Posted via Mobile Device

journeyscarab
10-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the therapy each week Gblowfish!

JohnnyHammersticks
10-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Damn. ROFL

He is the George Constanza of CP. He delivers his punchline and GTFO. LMAO

More like the Carlos Mencia of CP.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8980829#post8980829

Or, if we really want to take the "punch in the face" message as far as we can, we could hire a Japanese kamikaze pilot to fly the plane through restricted airspace and aim that baby right towards Pioli's suite during the opening kickoff. While still pulling the banner.

Clark would have to notice THAT...

GloryDayz
10-14-2012, 09:30 PM
"Aim the canon at our sidelines" JFC, that's funny!!!

As for old people.....I'm old, all I need is a mirror! Still better than Chiefs football these days!

The good thing was that the older son was aerating/verticutting/seeding yards all up and down the street all day for his robotics team, so I had that as a good reason to step out a lot and "supervise" (like a Navy Chief - coffee, then beer, in hand)!!!

Iowanian
10-14-2012, 09:47 PM
The other day I said this defense couldn't stop a bowel movement if it's diet were cheese and concrete.

I think they proved that again today.

FloridaMan88
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
This team is Herm 2-14 bad.

At least the Herm 2-14 year could use the youth, mass rebuilding job excuse.

gblowfish
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM

Thanks, I guess.

A new low for a new low.

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 09:29 AM
blowfish is moving on up.

It used to just be a coach that would give him the stink finger....now it's the GM.

Welcome to the Big time.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 09:30 AM

PATRIOT WAY!

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Douchebag announcer canned voice "1st down Tampa Bay" over the stadium PA was annoying as all hell

Dave Lane
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM

Now its coaching and our beloved GM.

Because there is a ton of talent on this team.

gblowfish
10-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Hell, our best player now is Colquitt, and his contract is done at the end of this year. Can you say Brandon Carr?

ct
10-15-2012, 11:34 AM
but this is a good thing fellow chiefs fans. the higher ineptitude, the sooner the enema

GO POOP!

gblowfish
10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
So, this has now become a "poop thread."

Great.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
"Do we have enough money in the account to get the Bucs to aim the cannon at our sideline?" - ping2000 (note: my second favorite comment today)

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

scho63
10-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. The sooner you accept the season is over, the more you can just enjoy the gallows humor.

1. So, there you have it. We're 1-5. GBlowfish "mails it in" this week by letting the CP game thread write the commentary.

Good for you George-you deserve a week "off" after all your efforts. :clap: The Chiefs have been "off" nearly all season so far.

It's amazing as a Chiefs fan how quickly our season is lost. When I see that fat turd Scott Pioli doing an interview like he's some smart football brain, I just chuckle.

I knew we had a much tougher schedule then last year but I never expected our team to fold up shop and play like a Division III college team against the top pro teams but lo and behold, we are doing just that.

Romeo is now officially in la la land like a deer 1 minute before the kill shot. I've never seen a coach so out of it, almost to the point where he looked like he wanted to cry at yesterday's post game presser and ask himself "How the f*ck did I get myself into this mess and how the hell do I get out???"

Lastly, the thing that is the MOST disappointing to me is our defense: it was supposed to be so improved and stellar and so far they suck with few exceptions like Justin Houston.

It will be a very interesting two weeks to see what happens or worse, the fact that nothing changes....

:hmmm:

Enjoy the bye week everyone!

Caseyguyrr
10-15-2012, 01:51 PM
There were no 10 things

He gave up. Like our team.