PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good?

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

I might trade our entire draft for the guy.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I did, early last season.

Just going on game highlights.

I figured he was a running QB.

Then I was able to watch a few games.

jspchief
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I think I questioned his size. That's it that I recall.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2012, 10:25 PM
I did, early last season.

Just going on game highlights.

I figured he was a running QB.

Then I was able to watch a few games.I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.

Bump
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.

those people are idiots and anything they say is irrelevant.

honestly, I think that race has a lot to do with it.

Fritz88
10-14-2012, 10:28 PM
I did.

I suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
The guy has skills, all that is a concern is his durability

jspchief
10-14-2012, 10:34 PM
honestly, I think that race has a lot to do with it.So do I

mcaj22
10-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Russel Wilson is no slouch either, dude has some potential as well and is even smaller

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Loved the guy. Would have traded what Washington traded in a heartbeat. Don't think I would have traded what it would have taken to outbid Washington.

jspchief
10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.Oh, yeah not me for sure. He's helped my fantasy team to 5-1.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Russel Wilson is no slouch either, dude has some potential as well and is even smaller

I can't believe this team didn't even sniff at Osweiler, Wilson, hell even Kirk Cousins. It's amazing the lengths our GM went to protect a shitty QB.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
The guy has skills, all that is a concern is his durabilityDurability? He had his brain blown up and played the following week.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Not bad.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1556881/hamgriffin.gif

Skins are averaging 29.6 PPG

mcaj22
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
that 76 yard run he had today where he just beat the entire Vikings defense in a footrace was hilarious

edit: lol clay posts the gif as i posted this

Simply Red
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Durability? He had his brain blown up and played the following week.

Pitt Gorilla, just cool it with the anti-semitic remarks ok

Imon Yourside
10-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Seriously, I know there were a handful or so geniuses on here that didn't care for Robert's game.

Out of curiosity where did you stand last year on him? I was kind of indifferent and would have happily taken him but really wanted Luck. I still think Luck will be the better QB when all is said and done, but would love to have RG III. Let's be realistic though, there was no chance Pioli was taking either of them.

listopencil
10-14-2012, 10:47 PM
RG3 is insanely good. It's like watching CGI when he plays. It's hard to believe that a man can be that quick, both mentally and physically. He is Video Game Michael Vick in real life.

notorious
10-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I liked RG when he played against KSU 2 years ago.

I wanted to have his baby after the TCU game last year.

Imon Yourside
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
RG3 is insanely good. It's like watching CGI when he plays. It's hard to believe that a man can be that quick, both mentally and physically. He is Video Game Michael Vick in real life.

Miss Shanarat yet?

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Out of curiosity where did you stand last year on him? I was kind of indifferent and would have happily taken him but really wanted Luck. I still think Luck will be the better QB when all is said and done, but would love to have RG III. Let's be realistic though, there was no chance Pioli was taking either of them.I wanted to lose to draft him. I was unhappy when we beat Green Bay. I don't think I appreciated him prior to last season, but he was easily at the top of my board last season.

I did NOT want Tannehill, which may be a mistake in retrospect.

Bump
10-14-2012, 10:51 PM
that bowl game he played in last year was EPIC. The look on his face on that game winning drive was pure WIN. The man has it and will re-write the QB position. RG3 will make guys like Geno Smith richer than they ever could have been.

WV
I liked Luck better, but loved RGIII. Now lets get some Geno!

L.A. Chieffan

That'll happen every time he gets hammered right? I saw him get knocked the fuck out by a shitty college safety last year. The way he plays sooner than later he'll be carted off.

notorious
10-14-2012, 10:53 PM
I did NOT want Tannehill, which may be a mistake in retrospect.

I think you will be proven correct in time.

In a related story, who is Miami's coach this year?

What QB did that coach develop over the last several years?

Was said coach a candidate for HC here, and if so was he not hired because he wanted to bring in a new QB?

Intradasting.

Imon Yourside
10-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Yup, especially the last part. Now we just need to lose every game, shouldn't be that hard. Bring Cassel back and lose lose lose.

mcaj22
10-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Tannehill is not doing as bad as I thought he was projected/expected to do. The guy has no talent around him besides Reggie Bush.

Tannehill is going to look a lot better next season when he has Dwayne Bowe in a Dolphins uniform to throw to.

lol

WV
10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Tannehill is not doing as bad as I thought he was projected/expected to do. The guy has no talent around him besides Reggie Bush.

Tannehill is going to look a lot better next season when he has Dwayne Bowe in a Dolphins uniform to throw to.

lol

I openly mocked the Dolphins for taking Tannehill, we'll see how he works out....at least they had the stones to go get a QB when they needed one.

Pitt Gorilla
That'll happen every time he gets hammered right? I saw him get knocked the **** out by a shitty college safety last year. The way he plays sooner than later he'll be carted off.He's learning how to run. He'll be fine.

listopencil
Miss Shanarat yet?

Nope. I grew tired of him passing on defensive talent for offensive gambles while our DC was fired every year. We drafted Ashlie Lelie over Ed Reed. Ashlie Lelie...over Ed Reed. I am thankful that his offensive system, preparation and game calling helped us become dominant and win two Super Bowls. He was fired because the owner handed the team over to him and his decisions led to a steady decline over several years.

notorious
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Nope. I grew tired of him passing on defensive talent for offensive gambles while our DC was fired every year. We drafted Ashlie Lelie over Ed Reed. Ashlie Lelie...over Ed Reed. I am thankful that his offensive system, preparation and game calling helped us become dominant and win two Super Bowls. He was fired because the owner handed the team over to him and his decisions led to a steady decline over several years.

He had been there too long. When you don't have a HOF QB covering the team's deficiencies the job gets a lot harder.

mcaj22
10-14-2012, 10:59 PM
I openly mocked the Dolphins for taking Tannehill, we'll see how he works out....at least they had the stones to go get a QB when they needed one.

hes a project but i mean hes not doing bad for being thrown into the fire because David Garrard crapped himself and Matt Moore stinks. That made him the starter because that franchise is desperate and hes throwing to turds like Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano. Those are the people he threw touchdown passes to today, whoever the **** they are.

The Dolphins will go out and add a big time WR for him sooner than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if the the Dolphins are a big suitor for Bowe in the offseason.

Also if Pioli is desperate to trade Bowe by the deadline, his buddy Jeff Ireland will surely make a deal right now I bet.

listopencil
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
He had been there too long. When you don't have a HOF QB covering the team's deficiencies the job gets a lot harder.

A lot of shit went just right for us at the time. We still had leftover D talent from Reeves and Phillips. Shanny helped to put that Offense together, to build a supporting cast around Elway. I'm glad we took advantage of that window. But yeah. He had been there too long.

WV
10-14-2012, 11:08 PM
hes a project but i mean hes not doing bad for being thrown into the fire because David Garrard crapped himself and Matt Moore stinks. That made him the starter because that franchise is desperate and hes throwing to turds like Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano. Those are the people he threw touchdown passes to today, whoever the **** they are.

The Dolphins will go out and add a big time WR for him sooner than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if the the Dolphins are a big suitor for Bowe in the offseason.

Also if Pioli is desperate to trade Bowe by the deadline, his buddy Jeff Ireland will surely make a deal right now I bet.

Agreed, he's already better than I expected him to be as well especially because of what you just mentioned.

rico
10-15-2012, 12:59 AM
I liked RG3, but had a bit of skepticism because I thought he had a tendency to over-throw the ball a lot...and I thought Kendall Wright bailed him out quite a few times on some crap throws. But I would have loved to have taken him....just wasn't 100% sold, honestly.

Still not sold on Tannehill and I don't care that the Chiefs made no effort to take him last year because I think there are many better prospects to choose from in this draft than him.

mdchiefsfan
10-15-2012, 05:41 AM
Not bad.

That is more than a 10 point increase from last year. They added Pierre Garcon and Josh fucking Morgan to their WR core and with a qb increased their offensive output by over 10 points per game. Who needs a qb in this league?

R8RFAN
10-15-2012, 05:43 AM
He is good but he better get that run first mentality out of his mind or he won't last long in the NFL

mr. tegu
10-15-2012, 06:17 AM
I think people didn't like RG3 because he played in the Big 12 and they also assumed he was a running QB because of his race and ridiculous speed. These people didn't watch the games, are ignorant, and speak in generalizations. You could see he was different.

Much like Geno Smith, people still say stupid things like they don't want a running QB for the NFL. All the while not realizing he only ran for about 80 yards all last season. People think that his 500 yard games won't translate to the NFL because he is in the Big 12. Well yeah the yards are inflated because it's college and he puts the ball on the money so his guys get YAC. In the NFL it will be 300 instead of 450-500. Still really good.

stonedstooge
10-15-2012, 06:42 AM
He's a new tool in the toolbox that has never been seen before. He was available and our Executive of the Decade couldn't or wouldn't find a way to land him in Kansas City. With that being said, I'm not sure that Uncle Festus Daboll would have known what to do with him

the Talking Can
10-15-2012, 06:43 AM
i would have trade literally anything to get him...

but that was too risky..

mlyonsd
10-15-2012, 06:45 AM
He's a new tool in the toolbox that has never been seen before. He was available and our Executive of the Decade couldn't or wouldn't find a way to land him in Kansas City. With that being said, I'm not sure that Uncle Festus Daboll would have known what to do with him
Good point.

Hound333
10-15-2012, 06:47 AM
I loved RGIII and wanted him here bad. If he was our QB I would still worry about him getting injured. He's awesome, but one hit away from the end.

Sure thats the same as every QB but he puts himself in more positions to get hit. ( Before you say I am racist I used to say the same thing about Steve Young)

blaise
10-15-2012, 06:58 AM

Yeah, you only get to have your brain blown up so many times until you start missing half seasons.

notorious
10-15-2012, 07:08 AM
I think that Shanahan or the OC is part of the problem.

It would be tough, though. You don't want to try to completely kill a QB's natural instinct and talent.

He will learn. RG is pretty damn smart.

tredadda
10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Not bad.

With less offensive talent than we have. I shudder to think what we could have done with him under center for us.

tredadda
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Loved the guy. Would have traded what Washington traded in a heartbeat. Don't think I would have traded what it would have taken to outbid Washington.

I would have. Our biggest weakness is the one we can't fill in FA, which is QB. Washington gave up a ton but got an elite QB. We kept ours and got the non factor known as Dontari Poe ad of course backup offensive linemen. With Pioli's history in the first round would you really trust him with the picks he "saved" not going after RGIII?

Denver Mike
10-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Wilson is a monster.. period..

If I were KC. I would trade Matt Casshole and a 4th to the Seahawks for Matt Flynn

tredadda
10-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Out of curiosity where did you stand last year on him? I was kind of indifferent and would have happily taken him but really wanted Luck. I still think Luck will be the better QB when all is said and done, but would love to have RG III. Let's be realistic though, there was no chance Pioli was taking either of them.

I think this could end up like the QB class of 83 in the sense that Luck might end up being the best QB of this class (Elway or Marino), but RGIII will still be a phenomenal talent (Kelly, Marino, or Elway whomever is viewed as the second best from that class.)

tredadda
10-15-2012, 08:27 AM

If I were KC. I would trade Matt Casshole and a 4th to the Seahawks for Matt Flynn

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh no.

Denver Mike
10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I think this could end up like the QB class of 83 in the sense that Luck might end up being the best QB of this class (Elway or Marino), but RGIII will still be a phenomenal talent (Kelly, Marino, or Elway whomever is viewed as the second best from that class.)

I'd be willing to throw Wilson in with that group..

Sorry but Tannehill is garbage. We'll all see very soon if not already.

Luck, Griffin and Wilson will all 3 be elite starting caliber in the next 2-3 years. Instant contenders.

-King-
10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
*cough*the guardian*cough*
Posted via Mobile Device

tredadda
10-15-2012, 08:32 AM
I'd be willing to throw Wilson in with that group..

Sorry but Tannehill is garbage. We'll all see very soon if not already.

Luck, Griffin and Wilson will all 3 be elite starting caliber in the next 2-3 years. Instant contenders.

I could see that honestly. The only true knock on Wilson coming out was his size. Many thought he would be a 1st rounder if not a Top 5 pick had he been like 6' 3".

Denver Mike
10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
I could see that honestly. The only true knock on Wilson coming out was his size. Many thought he would be a 1st rounder if not a Top 5 pick had he been like 6' 3".

Yeah to be honest I'd take any of the 3 over Cam Newton..

Brees was a lil guy too.

Chiefnj2
10-15-2012, 08:40 AM
What I take from this years QB class is:
1) Don't get bent out of shape with the negatives in scouting reports.
2) Even if you "reach" for, or draft a guy with a lot of perceived flaws, you will still have a QB that is as good as, if not better than, Cassel/Quinn/Journeyman avg player. You aren't losing anything by taking a chance.
3) Build the system around the QB. Seattle, Washington, Indy, Cleveland (Minnesota for Ponder's second year) are all doing things differently.
4) Following up on (3) - you need a HC and OC who are adaptable. None of this "things should be modeled after New England" or Pitt or anywhere else.

TEX
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM

They were the same ones who said not to panic at how bad the Chiefs looked in preseason, because it was "just presaeason"... LMAO

boogblaster
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
ima not bought in all the way yet .. lets see after acouple seasons ...

Molitoth
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM

Like the Hawks are that f*cking stupid....

Denver Mike
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Like the Hawks are that f*cking stupid....

Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Don't give Seattle that much credit.

qabbaan
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Cam Newton and Josh Freeman made big splashes in the league and aren't looking so good today. Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

I'm not saying Griffin is not that good, but he is far from a proven commodity. We will see how he fares over the long term. Having a few productive games before teams develop a scheme for you doesn't prove a lot.

Chiefnj2
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Seriously???

They were stupid enough to pay the man a truckload of money, draft a rookie and start him instead...

Since when is it stupid to play the better guy and have a backup plan ?

qabbaan
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM

I love when people just make up some trade like this is Madeen

Ok Skins, Jamaal Charles and Nate Hobgood- Chitik and a 6th and a 4th... Welcome to KC RG3!

The Franchise
10-15-2012, 09:28 AM

The thing is......Luck will catch up to him in a year or two. RGIII can make plays with his feet....that's why he's hit the ground running. If they continue to put weapons around Luck.....he'll be a top 10 QB in no time.

whoman69
10-15-2012, 10:05 AM
I was onboard early, but there was no way we had enough ammunition to get him without giving up our top picks for three years, or stripping the talent around him.

Shag
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Seriously???

Stupid enough? That's brilliant. They recognized that this is a QB-driven league, acquired multiple QBs, and started the best one, money be damned. I wish our FO was that "stupid".

Skyy God
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Seriously???

$10M guaranteed for, ostensibly, a starting QB is hardly a truckload.

Dave Lane
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm not talking about last season. That would be a fair criticism. I'm talking about this current NFL season. There were literally people on here claiming that he isn't as good as he is, or something like that.

I wouldn't have paid what DC paid (maybe in retrospect) but I loved RGIII I'd have gone 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for sure.

GordonGekko
10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Cam Newton and Josh Freeman made big splashes in the league and aren't looking so good today. Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

I'm not saying Griffin is not that good, but he is far from a proven commodity. We will see how he fares over the long term. Having a few productive games before teams develop a scheme for you doesn't prove a lot.

This is a good point.

RG3 can get away with what he is doing now, but eventually he will have to turn into a pocket passer 1st, scrambler 2nd. Superbowls are still being won by pocket passing qb's.

chiefscafan
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
I was all favor of trading for the pick from rams for rg3. It wasn't just his ability I loved his maturity in interviews was impressive. I thought he was gonna be special really wish we had gotten him. Bummed we are stuck with cassel although as Winston said he really hasn't been given a chance lol.

Chiefnj2
10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
This is a good point.

RG3 can get away with what he is doing now, but eventually he will have to turn into a pocket passer 1st, scrambler 2nd. Superbowls are still being won by pocket passing qb's.

He IS a pocket passer first.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
He IS a pocket passer first.Yes, he is.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2012, 02:02 PM

It's a little early for saying "I told you so's" but he has been impressive so far. I wish we would've/could've drafted him.

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2012, 02:03 PM

Cam Netwon is experiencing a sophomore slump. Josh Freeman had a bad rookie season, followed by a nice 2010, followed by a poor 2011. Vick was a badass before his prison stint and I'm sure that you can understand how his game would falter just a bit after three years away.

What do these guys have in common with RGIII beside skin color?

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
It's a little early for saying "I told you so's" but he has been impressive so far. I wish we would've/could've drafted him.He could fall on his face for the rest of the season and I'd still take him over what we have now.

Chief Gump
10-15-2012, 02:05 PM

Let me start by saying that I am not saying that RGIII is not good. With that said, tell me the last time a team won a Superbowl with a QB that ran a lot? I know RGIII is good with his arm but he also depends on his legs and tries to run, it will never work in the NFL. I shouldn't say never but I highly doubt it. Guys are just too big and hit too hard for a QB to be taking hits when they decide to run on a consistent basis.

ThaVirus
10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Steve Young and John Elway moved well out of the pocket..

Deberg_1990
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Even the class of the athlete/QBs, Vick, has still never won anything or turned into a great QB.

Class of the athlete QB??

Never heard of Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young or Randall Cunningham?

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Let me start by saying that I am not saying that RGIII is not good. With that said, tell me the last time a team won a Superbowl with a QB that ran a lot? I know RGIII is good with his arm but he also depends on his legs and tries to run, it will never work in the NFL. I shouldn't say never but I highly doubt it. Guys are just too big and hit too hard for a QB to be taking hits when they decide to run on a consistent basis.Roger Staubach, Steve Young, John Elway all won. Guys like Tarkenton, McNabb, and Cunningham came close.

Edit: Zorn ran all over the place and was an outstanding QB, although I don't think his teams sniffed a Super Bowl.

You probably meant besides these guys.

mr. tegu
10-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Let me start by saying that I am not saying that RGIII is not good. With that said, tell me the last time a team won a Superbowl with a QB that ran a lot? I know RGIII is good with his arm but he also depends on his legs and tries to run, it will never work in the NFL. I shouldn't say never but I highly doubt it. Guys are just too big and hit too hard for a QB to be taking hits when they decide to run on a consistent basis.

Here is your problem. You just think RG3 is a running QB because that is what he does sbustantially better than other QBs. The reality is he just turns what other QBs would get six yards out of into 60 yards. The guy has a 70% completion percentage which just happens to lead the NFL.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Here is your problem. You just think RG3 is a running QB because that is what he does sbustantially better than other QBs. The reality is he just turns what other QBs would get six yards out of into 60 yards. The guy has a 70% completion percentage which just happens to lead the NFL.Yeah, but...

blaise
10-15-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't care that RGIII runs; it's that he doesn't seem to have good instinct for avoiding a hit. At least not now. When I watch him it seems like he's diving forward a lot, or off balance when defenders are there. His ribs and his side are exposed.
McNabb ran but he cut down on that a lot pretty early, and he bulked up. And he knew how to avoid big hits. Steve Young is maybe the closest running comparison, to me. And he lasted quite a while, so maybe RGIII wil too.

Bearcat
10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Young and Elway averaged 200-300 yards per season on under 50 attempts... even McNabb averaged under 400 yards on 65 attempts for his first 6 seasons. Newton had 706 yards on 126 attempts last season, and both are on pace for well over 100 attempts this season.

hometeam
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Geno is this years RG3. Lets not screw this one up~

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Young and Elway averaged 200-300 yards per season on under 50 attempts... even McNabb averaged under 400 yards on 65 attempts for his first 6 seasons. Newton had 706 yards on 126 attempts last season, and both are on pace for well over 100 attempts this season.Steve Young had 76 attempts in 1992. Cunningham had 93, 104, 118, and 87 from 88-92. Both ran less as they got older, and I imagine RGIII will do the same.

mr. tegu
10-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Geno is this years RG3. Lets not screw this one up~

If you mean because they are good QBs then yes. They have very different styles of play though.

hometeam
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
If you mean because they are good QBs then yes. They have very different styles of play though.

Im saying they share everything. Incredible play, high pick, do what it takes to build your team around type of guys.

Chiefnj2
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Smith is not as good of a down field passer. The D gameplan this week was to jam his receivers at the line and take a chance getting beat. He missed a bunch of deep throws. He's still probably the best prospect this year, but he's a bit different than Griffin.

Garcia Bronco
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
I was a clown that thought that he wouldn't do this well ever. I was wrong. I still don't think he's long for this league, but who knows. Vick is still playing and while RGIII doesn't have the arm Vick does, he surely got the smarts and the love for the game.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Smith is not as good of a down field passer. The D gameplan this week was to jam his receivers at the line and take a chance getting beat. He missed a bunch of deep throws. He's still probably the best prospect this year, but he's a bit different than Griffin.It is somewhat troubling that Geno was shut down by Texas freaking Tech.

mr. tegu
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
It is somewhat troubling that Geno was shut down by Texas freaking Tech.

If it makes you feel any better Tech was only 3 point underdogs. Vegas knew something.

hometeam
10-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I didnt mean to derail this thread.

I was on the rg3 wagon and I just feel the same way this year~

Chief Gump
10-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Roger Staubach, Steve Young, John Elway all won. Guys like Tarkenton, McNabb, and Cunningham came close.

Edit: Zorn ran all over the place and was an outstanding QB, although I don't think his teams sniffed a Super Bowl.

You probably meant besides these guys.

Wasn't RGIII hurt already once this year. He will be sitting on the sideline a lot I suspect. He is more of a Michael Vick then an Elway I suspect.

vailpass
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I have rg3 on my fantasy team, knew he was a gamer and like to watch him play.
I also think rg3 is going to get broken sooner rather than later. Though he is a pass-first QB he is still a running QB meaning he goes for big runs instead of hook sliding every time he takes a few steps.
He's not halfway through his first season and already has his first nfl concussion. With his style he'll be taking more, vicious hits. Concussion type hits add up.
I hope it doesn't happen but everything points to rg3 being hurt half his career.

mr. tegu
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Wasn't RGIII hurt already once this year. He will be sitting on the sideline a lot I suspect. He is more of a Michael Vick then an Elway I suspect.

I suspect he will adjust his play. I suspect with a better group of WRs he won't have to run as much. I suspect he will be awesome.

vailpass
10-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I suspect he will adjust his play. I suspect with a better group of WRs he won't have to run as much. I suspect he will be awesome.

Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise.

mr. tegu
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM

What is your point? All quartebacks try to run at some point. Like I said, he just turns what most guys get six yards from into 60 yards. On the long run on page 3 of this thread, very few, if any other guys in the NFL could have gotten to the outside. Especially no QBs. He was never even touched either. He is not dumb. He will take more care not to get hit. He apologized to the team for getting injured and putting himself in that position the week before. That was awesome. He leads the league in Completion %. You don't do that unless you are comfortable standing in the pocket. He is a pass first, run second QB. He just does the second part insanely well.

vailpass
10-15-2012, 03:52 PM
What is your point? All quartebacks try to run at some point. Like I said, he just turns what most guys get six yards from into 60 yards. On the long run on page 3 of this thread, very few, if any other guys in the NFL could have gotten to the outside. Especially no QBs. He was never even touched either. He is not dumb. He will take more care not to get hit. He apologized to the team for getting injured and putting himself in that position the week before. That was awesome. He leads the league in Completion %. You don't do that unless you are comfortable standing in the pocket. He is a pass first, run second QB. He just does the second part insanely well.

It's already happened to him once, did you miss it?

Running QBs get hurt. If he reins it in and starts hook sliding his odds of not getting hurt improve. If he keeps trying to stretch plays out sooner or later he's going to get clocked like he did last week.

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I still contend that he's pretty solid.

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise.You don't think he throws the ball well?

Setsuna
11-22-2012, 05:19 PM
vailpass is wrong because he isn't a running QB. Go figure he can't see past his skin color.

BWillie
11-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Well when he gets in trouble for interstate gambling and goes to prison itll be all over

aturnis
11-22-2012, 07:03 PM

I disagree. All of my childhood heroes were black. Most guys on this board would probably say the same.

For me, I dislike uber athletic QB's. They rely too much on their natural ability. This usually means they don't operate the offense the way it's meant to be played and will never reach their full potential as a QB. I like pocket passers. Because they are more dangerous than Vick, Newton or possibly RGIII could ever be.

Look at the arc of Vick's career, minus the prison time. HOT, not so much, and may have been gone even without his prison stretch, then he decides to actually learn the QB position, and does very well. Then, back to playing his game and he basically sucks again.

Newton was hot his rookie year, and lukewarm this year. RGIII could be just the same, so could Geno.

It's not my fault incredibly athletic QB's happen to be black.

Bump
11-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I disagree. All of my childhood heroes were black. Most guys on this board would probably say the same.

For me, I dislike uber athletic QB's. They rely too much on their natural ability. This usually means they don't operate the offense the way it's meant to be played and will never reach their full potential as a QB. I like pocket passers. Because they are more dangerous than Vick, Newton or possibly RGIII could ever be.

Look at the arc of Vick's career, minus the prison time. HOT, not so much, and may have been gone even without his prison stretch, then he decides to actually learn the QB position, and does very well. Then, back to playing his game and he basically sucks again.

Newton was hot his rookie year, and lukewarm this year. RGIII could be just the same, so could Geno.

ya but RG3 doesn't rely on his feet. He thinks pass first and if nothing is there he takes off for a big gain. He's gonna win a Superbowl really soon. I really want to see the Skins in the playoffs because he will be clutch and fun to watch. If they get any talent around him, watch out.

He rarely turns the ball over, is very accurate with his short and long passes. He is not a mike vick, there is no resemblance at all in his game.

Bump
11-22-2012, 07:24 PM
RG3 might also be the best play action QB in the NFL right now too, he is amazing at it.

I'm becoming a bigger RG3 fan than a Chiefs fan at this point. I'm rooting for him!

KChiefer
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Limbaugh?

Mile High Mania
11-22-2012, 07:31 PM
RGIII has a great future... Very precise, great touch on the pass and he throws it wherever it needs to be, plus he is quite mobile. He is very technically sound and makes great decisions. I would love to have him on my team for the next decade.

BossChief
11-22-2012, 07:34 PM

RG3s closest comparison is probably Steve Young, not Michael Vick.

I really wish people would stop bringing up Vick when talking about the new era black QBs.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Hes a serious talent, and has mad game right now while he's young......I do worry what he will be like in 3, 4, 5 years down the road. He's awfully skinny.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
11-22-2012, 07:42 PM

I really wish people would stop bringing up Vick when talking about the new era black QBs.

I think he reminds me most of Randall Cunningham. More accomplished passer though at this point in their careers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
11-22-2012, 07:50 PM
I didn't want to give up a whole draft because I knew we could get Tannehill for a lot less.

Hootie
11-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Tannehill isn't a franchise QB

Marcellus
11-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I am so pissed we missed out on RGIII. We weren't getting Luck most likely, we could have easily lost enough games to get RGIII.

jspchief
11-22-2012, 08:11 PM
I don't know how people are trying to downplay RG3's running. He leads the league in QB rushing. They run a fucking read option. The guy is a lot closer to Vick than people want to admit. He's just a better passer.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
RGIII

Was ranked 5th in QB rating with a 101 before today's game in which he had a 140 rating.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:29 PM
He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1. Only 3 picks this year.

These are not the statistics of a running QB.

I think he's a great passing QB with great accuracy, intelligence and pocket presence who can also run better than a lot of running backs.

Marcellus
11-22-2012, 08:29 PM
He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1.

Has Vick ever been 16th?

milkman
11-22-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't know how people are trying to downplay RG3's running. He leads the league in QB rushing. They run a ****ing read option. The guy is a lot closer to Vick than people want to admit. He's just a better passer.

RGIII is far more advanced as a passer right now than Vick has ever been.

And he should only get better, which is why the comparison to Vick is moronic.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Has Vick ever been 16th?

Not sure, but his career percentage is only 56.3.

Marcellus
11-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Not sure, but his career percentage is only 56.3.

That would suggest a loud and hardy fuck no.

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Steve young is the qb that comes to mind when I watch him. His ability to make a great throw while getting hit is unreal.

Bump
11-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't know how people are trying to downplay RG3's running. He leads the league in QB rushing. They run a ****ing read option. The guy is a lot closer to Vick than people want to admit. He's just a better passer.

RG3 is RG3

He's going to be great whether you can accept that or not. There is really no flaw to his game. He's the type that can put a team on his back and take them where they want to go.

Bump
11-22-2012, 08:46 PM
He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1. Only 3 picks this year.

These are not the statistics of a running QB.

I think he's a great passing QB with great accuracy, intelligence and pocket presence who can also run better than a lot of running backs.

but he's black

he's just a Mike Vick

/cp

TheGuardian
11-22-2012, 08:49 PM
I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:50 PM
but he's black

he's just a Mike Vick

/cp

I really don't think anyone is being racist about it. But I think white guys feel like QB is one of the last bastions of sport that they can dominate. So there is probably some resistance from some people to players like RGIII.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

I'd give up 3 firsts for him. We pick busts with our first rounders anyway. We wouldn't be losing anything.

ThaVirus
11-22-2012, 08:53 PM
those people are idiots and anything they say is irrelevant.

Bump! The fucking white knight black people defender LMAO

Gotta love it.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd give up Dontari Poe, Jonathan Baldwin and Eric Berry for RGIII in a hearbeat.

milkman
11-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd give up Dontari Poe, Jonathan Baldwin and Eric Berry for RGIII in a hearbeat.

Hell, throw in Tyson Jackson while we're at it.

Marcellus
11-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Fuck when you put it that way :facepalm:

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Hell, throw in Tyson Jackson while we're at it.

LOL, I would too I just list our last 3 years.

TheGuardian
11-22-2012, 08:57 PM
**** when you put it that way :facepalm:

Ok yeah, true, three first rounders it is!

ThaVirus
11-22-2012, 08:59 PM
DJ and Hali are our only 1st rounders that have lived up to their potential (in recent years) and even DJ took like 5 years to do so. Ill give Berry another 2 years to diagnosed, seeing as how he missed half his career so far with a catastrophic injury..

Trade all those ****ers for a Luck or RGIII. You really need to build around the QB these days.

Marcellus
11-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Ok yeah, true, three first rounders it is!

Yea I thought Washington was nuts at the time but now I am pissed we didn't do more.

Cannibal
11-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Yea I thought Washington was nuts at the time but now I am pissed we didn't do more.

True, we are looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

That took some balls for Washington to pull it off. It was a huge gamble and if RGIII had busted, we'd all be looking at Washington as a joke.

Marcellus
11-22-2012, 09:09 PM
True, we are looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

That took some balls for Washington to pull it off. It was a huge gamble and if RGIII had busted, we'd all be looking at Washington as a joke.

It was a HUGE gamble. Executive of the Decade should be able to work that right?

Chiefshrink
11-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Besides all his physical talent, I'm also impressed with not only his intelligence at this point but even moreso his mental toughness all year exhibiting short term memory when he F's up and then comes right back and never blinks an eye. Good family military upbringing always pays off:thumb:

Don't follow college football that closely but has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

milkman
11-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Besides all his physical talent, I'm also impressed with not only his intelligence at this point but even moreso his mental toughness all year exhibiting short term memory when he F's up and then comes right back and never blinks an eye. Good family military upbringing always pays off:thumb:

Don't follow college football that closely but has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

No.

None of us have ever seen Smith interviewed.

Chiefshrink
11-22-2012, 09:42 PM
It was a HUGE gamble. Executive of the Decade should be able to work that right?

A gamble that HAD to be taken in Shanny's eyes because who in the hell else was out there that could have the potential to WIN NOW ??

tredadda
11-22-2012, 11:48 PM

So a Luck or RGIII are not worth a Berry, Baldwin, and Poe? 1st rounders are great and all if you get great players for them, but I think they are way too overrated. It is because of this that keeps teams from giving them up to trade up for elite players at elite positions.

mcaj22
11-22-2012, 11:51 PM
id give up all 4 years of Pioli's piece of shit draft classes for RG3. Because we got shitty players and shitty picks from 95 percent of the four years anyway.

Id give up every 1st rounder Pioli has drafted for RG3 in a heartbeat.

NJChiefsFan
11-23-2012, 01:11 AM
So a Luck or RGIII are not worth a Berry, Baldwin, and Poe? 1st rounders are great and all if you get great players for them, but I think they are way too overrated. It is because of this that keeps teams from giving them up to trade up for elite players at elite positions.

I agree. Of course people are worth 3 1st rounders. You need a damn QB. Teams spend years trying to find one. Percentage of 1st rounders you hit on vs. percentage of time you win a SB with an average QB.

Sorter
11-23-2012, 01:17 AM
What proves RG3 is a franchise QB to me is that he has already made his WRs better and his O-line better. Teh Redsins have a horrible O-line and Robert does a fantastic job.

Sorter
11-23-2012, 01:18 AM
But then again, I thought he was fantastic coming out :)

Chiefspants
11-23-2012, 01:30 AM
has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

He is the anti Matt "Graded out Perfectly" Cassel

?v=loT7dtahMIc

Titty Meat
11-23-2012, 03:29 AM

Yes he is.

BossChief
11-23-2012, 05:00 AM
If they don't fuck up by winning a couple meaningless games in this final stretch and we get the opportunity to draft Geno Smith and we opt to pass...I may well be done with this team and I may start up the fanwagon for the team that drafts him.

I cant think of a single thing that I would change about the kid and I dont understand why he isnt being hyped as a similar prospect to RG3 in every way except a 4.3 40 yard dash.

This kid is gonna be really really special and its clear as day that he should be the top overall pick.

AussieChiefsFan
11-23-2012, 05:01 AM
I wanted RG3 very much.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-23-2012, 06:18 AM
He is the anti Matt "Graded out Perfectly" Cassel

?v=loT7dtahMIc

:drool: Great attitude. Kid has heart, desire, and talent. He's gonna be a stud at the next level. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOOD COACHES. That can't be stressed enough. There are some busts, who busted due to no real fault of their own.

I'm sure as fuck not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down.

seamonster
11-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Huge RGIII fan. The redskins give up thirty points a game and somehow, someway, Griffin finds ways to overcome their garbage safety's and defensive backs to win these games. Drafting this player is bassically like drafting three first round picks on defense and offense.

TheGuardian
11-23-2012, 09:46 AM

Yeah I retracted that after someone else threw that out.

RGIII and Luck are def worth the three first rounders we've used the last three years.

On the flip side of that, I wonder how good Baldwin could be in a place where the QB could actually get him the football.

Hoover
11-23-2012, 09:51 AM
I never thought RGIII would be this good. He's been every impressive. That said, Cam Newton was impressive last year and sucks this year, so the jury is still going to be out for a while.

OnTheWarpath15
11-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah I retracted that after someone else threw that out.

RGIII and Luck are def worth the three first rounders we've used the last three years.

On the flip side of that, I wonder how good Baldwin could be in a place where the QB could actually get him the football.

Until he can learn to run a route properly, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2012, 09:59 AM
:drool: Great attitude. Kid has heart, desire, and talent. He's gonna be a stud at the next level. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOOD COACHES. That can't be stressed enough. There are some busts, who busted due to no real fault of their own.

I'm sure as **** not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down.

Norv turner for oc. Maybe even Sean Ryan from the giants. Or pat shurmur. Lots of real nice oc candidates, no matter who we draft.

Of course, if pioli is in charge, we can expect to see josh mcdaniels as head coach / oc. Fml.

Chief Roundup
11-23-2012, 10:03 AM

Race as in stereotype, yes. Racism not so much..from me anyway.

I think it is more of the old argument that Doug Campbell is the only black QB to win a SB and so on. The "numbers" show that a black QB will not have a SB winning successful career.
We all know that will change as there are more and more black QBs getting chances.

Rausch
11-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Last year was a very rare draft. It wasn't who's good and who sucks there were two completely different QB's who were both legit.

The Colts took the guy most like the guy that left.

The Skins took the guy best suited to what they wanted to run in their offense.

I will agree that a lot of fans thought less of RGIII because they figured Black QB that can run = great athlete but dumb as hell.

Nein.

RGIII is extremely intelligent and could run any offense out there...

okcchief
11-23-2012, 10:24 AM
I would have traded the whole fucking Draft for Luck or RG3 then and would do it today. Now that we are going to have a top 2 pick I don't have unwavering confidence in any of them. The life of a fucking Chiefs fan :(

Rausch
11-23-2012, 10:26 AM
I would have traded the whole ****ing Draft for Luck or RG3 then and would do it today. Now that we are going to have a top 2 pick I don't have unwavering confidence in any of them.

This.

But I'm willing to believe in something different.

We tried Pioli and it didn't work.

It happens. Lamar had failures as well.

But identify them, end them, and move forward...

teedubya
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd give up 3 firsts for him. We pick busts with our first rounders anyway. We wouldn't be losing anything.

I don't know about you, but I'd give up Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, Dontari Poe and Jonathan Baldwin for RG3. Those 4 first round draft picks are turds.

Chief Roundup

You sir are a moron. We should of traded up and gotten Tannehill.

mcaj22
I never thought RGIII would be this good. He's been every impressive. That said, Cam Newton was impressive last year and sucks this year, so the jury is still going to be out for a while.

there is a HUGE difference between the two

a lot of people thought Cam Newton would be a bust, or not as good as what he did his rookie year.

Cam Newton came back to reality to what many expected of him this year. It also doesnt help Cam that he has no talent and garbage coaching around him.

RG3 does too, but he also has the Rat, the mini Rat, and an owner that will spend whatever it takes to put talent around RG3 in the coming years.

Cam Newton has an owner giving 40 million to a RB that does nothing, 100 million to an overrated DE, etc.

Cam Newton was also a nobody besides that big year he came out, and was caught in a scandal at Auburn, and had that shit with his dad being his agent or whatever the hell. There was tons of red flags. RG3 was an every 10 years type of class player.

Rausch

I'm still not a fan...

mcaj22
11-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm still not a fan...

Tannehill is actually pretty good and is probably the barometer for the type of season whatever QB we draft in round 1 will have.

He is more of the type of production you get from a rookie QB in his first year. Some good, some bad, some ugly, tons of potential, etc.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2012, 10:33 AM

How do we know this? What has he done to prove this? Didn't like the pick staying in place let alone on a trade up.

Chief Roundup
11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm still not a fan...

What you just asking to be called a moron today? :p

Come on Davone Bess is their best WR down there. Their OL is shit. Reggie Bush is their RB. He has looked pretty good with what I have seen of him especially considering what is around him.
And if it takes you or anyone else having to see to believe you will always be late to the party and miss out.

Chief Roundup
11-23-2012, 10:39 AM
I take it some of you guys don't watch many of the games or sportscenter or Total Access or NFL Live.

T-post Tom
11-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't read every thread, but honestly, I don't get the racism accusations against the posters here. I've seen huge props given out to RGIII, Cam and Gino. I've seen some negative comments, but they were all performance based. Can the accuser(s) here (Bump) site some examples of racist comments against black QBs? I hope this accusation is NOT based strictly on performance comments. If that's the case, then Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn and Scott Pioli must all be black.

Rausch
11-23-2012, 10:45 AM
What you just asking to be called a moron today? :p

Come on Davone Bess is their best WR down there. Their OL is shit. Reggie Bush is their RB. He has looked pretty good with what I have seen of him especially considering what is around him.
And if it takes you or anyone else having to see to believe you will always be late to the party and miss out.

They had a Spurt-tacular QB last year and everyone was pimping the Daboll offense for bringing Bush out of his shell and milking the minimal talent there for all it was worth...

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Tannehill is actually pretty good and is probably the barometer for the type of season whatever QB we draft in round 1 will have.

He is more of the type of production you get from a rookie QB in his first year. Some good, some bad, some ugly, tons of potential, etc.

He doesn't have tons of potential. You have a qb rawer than geno, a guy with good not elite arm strength, and a guy with limited college playing experience. He has good enough mobility, but not enough to make him a running qb. Add in that he has really small hands and might struggle in bad weather, which is exactly what you want in a division with buffalo, new England, and the jets, not to mention will make him a threat to fumble a lot. Still believe his upside is to be a borderline top 10 qb and his downside risk was very high. He's playing better than I thought, but he's not a miss that's going to keep me up at night.

Geno is faster, has the frame and hands, and has a ton more experience even if it's not necessarily optimal, and throws a much better and more accurate ball.

T-post Tom
11-23-2012, 10:49 AM

Ummmm...might have to do with the fact that a number of our posters don't remember watching Young. (I remember, but then again, I remember when the wheel was invented.)

Rausch
11-23-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't read every thread, but honestly, I don't get the racism accusations against the posters here. I've seen huge props given out to RGIII, Cam and Gino. I've seen some negative comments, but they were all performance based. Can the accuser(s) here (Bump) site some examples of racist comments against black QBs? I hope this accusation is NOT based strictly on performance comments. If that's the case, then Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn and Scott Pioli must all be black.

Cam is super talented but dumb as a mud brick. His ceiling is limited at QB.

RG III has a completely different build and has the intelligence to fit any offense.

The athletic QB has become the new sexy. It just is.

That said there will still be some hold outs, no matter the play, that say "just another dumb nigger running with the football..."

This is life...

Joe Seahawk
11-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Seriously???

Not a truckload of money, a lot of people out there think we broke the bank with Flynn. Just not the case..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/27/contracts-make-it-easy-to-start-wilson-bench-flynn/

SAUTO
11-23-2012, 10:59 AM

I'm sure as fuck not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down. so you think Cassel and Geno are comparable? Idiot/cp
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup
11-23-2012, 11:00 AM
They had a Spurt-tacular QB last year and everyone was pimping the Daboll offense for bringing Bush out of his shell and milking the minimal talent there for all it was worth...

Moore was their QB and they had Brandon Marshall too. Well anyone pimping Daboll for anything...well it is just stupid, Reggie Bush what a disappointing career that dude has had, their offensive talent was bad enough but then they got rid of Marshall so their talent level has dropped even further.

T-post Tom
11-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Cam is super talented but dumb as a mud brick. His ceiling is limited at QB.

RG III has a completely different build and has the intelligence to fit any offense.

The athletic QB has become the new sexy. It just is.

That said there will still be some hold outs, no matter the play, that say "just another dumb ****er running with the football..."

This is life...

Maybe (I don't know enough to comment on Cam or RG's intelligence), but I still don't recall reading any racist posts on black QBs. A person's preference on QB style (pocket passer vs. running QB) doesn't have to be about race. Just because I like athletic QBs that can run, doesn't mean I'm prejudice against white QBs. Even if most white QBs are pocket passers.

I think we need to acknowledge that despite stereotypes and preferences for style of play, the vast majority of posters here are concerned with the quality of QB play and NOT the QB race/ethnicity. To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.

Joe Seahawk
11-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Maybe (I don't know enough to comment on Cam or RG's intelligence), but I still don't recall reading any racist posts on black QBs. A person's preference on QB style (pocket passer vs. running QB) doesn't have to be about race. Just because I like athletic QBs that can run, doesn't mean I'm prejudice against white QBs. Even if most white QBs are pocket passers.

I think we need to acknowledge that despite stereotypes and preferences for style of play, the vast majority of posters here are concerned with the quality of QB play and NOT the QB race/ethnicity. To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.

Exactly!

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM

There's the rub. Best litmus test... Anyone who questioned rgIIIs character or intelligence. Anyone who did probably hates on any black qb.

Cam doesn't belong in this equation. Lots of reasons to question his character, regardless of race.

Rausch
11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
A person's preference on QB style (pocket passer vs. running QB) doesn't have to be about race.

Still, it's always a factor.

To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.

I don't think it's the fans I think it's the NFL.

Race doesn't play an issue?

Ok.

How many white RB's or WR's were taken in the 1st over the last 10 years?

That's fucking 68.4% of the population of this country.

And how many white HB's or WR's were worth spending a 1st on?...

Skyy God
11-23-2012, 11:35 AM

Will RG3 have some regression in his 2nd season? Probably, but Cam didn't show the same accuracy, maturity, or decision-making.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Ok.

That's ****ing 68.4% of the population of this country.

That's based on pure physical characteristics. There is physical evidence that says you can or can't. Leadership, football iq, and character are heavily influenced by opinion.

How many white rbs had the complete physical package?

Rausch
11-23-2012, 11:43 AM
That's based on pure physical characteristics. There is physical evidence that says you can or can't. Leadership, football iq, and character are heavily influenced by opinion.

How many white rbs had the complete physical package?

I don't know but if there were no black QB's in that same time frame people would be throwing a fit.

It works both ways.

Stereotypes work both ways.

By the way, when you sweat, you smell like wet dog...

Chief Roundup
11-23-2012, 11:51 AM

Ok.

That's ****ing 68.4% of the population of this country.

Race will be a factor as long as the "human" factor is involved.
People no matter their race can't help what they are naturally good at or naturally bad at.
It is merely other people wanting to say look the blacks or the whites are better at this or that. Who cares what color your skin. Just do what you are good at. Somebody wanting to use these type of statistics for anything racial is just not a very good person and should lose all credibility.
I don't care that someone is better at something than I am because I will be better than they are at something. It is just the way life is for all of us.

Rausch
11-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Somebody wanting to use these type of statistics for anything racial is just not a very good person and should lose all credibility.

The NFL uses them...

Chief Roundup
11-23-2012, 12:01 PM
The NFL uses them...

For anything racial?

Pitt Gorilla
11-24-2012, 10:54 PM

I think we need to acknowledge that despite stereotypes and preferences for style of play, the vast majority of posters here are concerned with the quality of QB play and NOT the QB race/ethnicity. To assign a racist agenda to the entire board deserves a rebuttal.Perhaps this has nothing to do with race. It also has nothing to do with data/reality. Vailpass noted:

"Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise."

FloridaMan88
11-24-2012, 11:04 PM
The dumbshits on this message board who claimed that RGIII wasn't worth trading up to the #2 overall pick to draft should kill themselves.

TEX
11-25-2012, 12:42 AM

The same clowns who said Manning would fail in Denver and the same crowd who said that the Chiefs could get going once the regular season started after looking like total dog shit during preseason...

teedubya
11-25-2012, 12:49 AM
After we lose to Carolina at home.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Still doing work.

The Iron Chief
12-04-2012, 08:01 AM
The Chiefs Draft panel

Imon Yourside
12-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Bwahahahaha... /Pioli

Hootie
12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
RGIII and Luck are just OMG good.

I honestly have them ranked as the 5th and 6th best QB's in the NFL...already. Their rookie seasons. Insane.

1a. Peyton
1b. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Eli
4. Brees
5. Luck
6. RGIII
7. Big Ben

and that's not taking into account anything other than 2012 value alone

suds79
12-04-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm just amazed by Russel Wilson.

He's turning out to be not just some nice 3rd round pick story. He's proving he's a legit franchise QB. Sure he doesn't have the height you'd typically look for but I think he has everything else.

Kudos to Seattle for grabbing him.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Guys are coming into the league ready to play and better than ever. That's why I want to puke when people want to pass on a guy like Geno for a fucking MLB.

Like said above look at Russel Wilson and even a guy like Dalton. Geno is a better prospect by a good margin.

Ceej
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
RGIII and Luck are just OMG good.

I honestly have them ranked as the 5th and 6th best QB's in the NFL...already. Their rookie seasons. Insane.

1a. Peyton
1b. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Eli
4. Brees
5. Luck
6. RGIII
7. Big Ben

and that's not taking into account anything other than 2012 value alone

Right now I would probably put Matty Ryan ahead of both RG3 and Luck.

But, really, between those three they're all really neck and neck.

I could see any of the three being better than the others by a very slim margin.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm just amazed by Russel Wilson.

He's turning out to be not just some nice 3rd round pick story. He's proving he's a legit franchise QB. Sure he doesn't have the height you'd typically look for but I think he has everything else.

Kudos to Seattle for grabbing him.

Will Russel Wilson's success increase Aaron Murray's value?

Graystoke
12-04-2012, 09:04 AM
This is eggsactly why we should get Geno. He is a unpolished version of RGIII. Just a little work and BAM! QBOTF Baby!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2012, 09:06 AM
This is eggsactly why we should get Geno. He is a unpolished version of RGIII. Just a little work and BAM! QBOTF Baby!

Own this bitch division for a decade with Chocolate Pain. Can't win any more this year. How awesome would it be to have the only young franchise QB in the West (anyone that says the name Assweiler gets their account nuked from orbit)?

suds79
12-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Will Russel Wilson's success increase Aaron Murray's value?

Well I'm sure Aaron is thankful for Russell. That's for sure.

But Aaron doesn't have Russell's mobility. Hard to say at this point. Some old ways of thinking die hard.

suds79
12-04-2012, 09:08 AM

What I like about Geno is that he runs less than RG3.

I don't want my QB owning the rookie rushing record for QBs.

BigRichard
12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
And it looks like he is hurt again. This exactly why I don't want anyone that has his style of play. Is he good? Yes. Is he dependable? No.

Hootie
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
And it looks like he is hurt again. This exactly why I don't want anyone that has his style of play. Is he good? Yes. Is he dependable? No.

and he looks like he won't even miss a game!

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
and he looks like he won't even miss a game!

That sucks.

I was looking forward to seeing Kirk "the Savior" Cousins again...

Hootie
12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I'd take Cousins for a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat...and draft Geno if we could. Fuck it.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd take Cousins for a 2nd round pick in a heartbeat

Hell, give up a first. He's worth it.

Hootie
12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I get the sarcasm and I understand you're a college football fan and didn't like what you saw from him while at MSU.

But I'm sorry...watching him in the preseason and then seeing him perform in a real NFL game under real NFL pressure...I think he's a gamer.

I'd have no issues with trading a 2nd or 3rd for him and drafting the BQBA in round 1.

I honestly think the Chiefs need to spend two picks on QB's this draft anyways. Whether it be on a trade for a guy like Cousins or taking a QB in the 1st and the 3rd.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
But I'm sorry...watching him in the preseason and then seeing him perform in a real NFL game under real NFL pressure...I think he's a gamer.

That's what, 10-11 actual quarters of NFL football?

If you want to spend a 4th on him, fine.

Our 2nd-round pick is worth WAY more than Kirk fucking Cousins.

Chiefnj2
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM

They aren't even close.

Pitt Gorilla
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
And it looks like he is hurt again. This exactly why I don't want anyone that has his style of play. Is he good? Yes. Is he dependable? No.Yeah, we dodged a real bullet there. Can you believe that clown was trying to play on a bum wheel? Cassel would never do something like that!

vailpass
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I have rg3 on my fantasy team, knew he was a gamer and like to watch him play.
I also think rg3 is going to get broken sooner rather than later. Though he is a pass-first QB he is still a running QB meaning he goes for big runs instead of hook sliding every time he takes a few steps.
He's not halfway through his first season and already has his first nfl concussion. With his style he'll be taking more, vicious hits. Concussion type hits add up.
I hope it doesn't happen but everything points to rg3 being hurt half his career.

vailpass is wrong because he isn't a running QB. Go figure he can't see past his skin color.

Any other ignorance you want to share Setsuna?

Hootie
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
That's what, 10-11 actual quarters of NFL football?

If you want to spend a 4th on him, fine.

Our 2nd-round pick is worth WAY more than Kirk ****ing Cousins.

yeah maybe we can get another Jeff Allen, Dexter McCluster, Javier Arenas or Turk McBride?

someday you guys will realize a 2nd round pick is flipping a quarter 3 times and hoping to guess right twice (for a good player) or 3 times (for a real good player)

vailpass
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I get the sarcasm and I understand you're a college football fan and didn't like what you saw from him while at MSU.

I'd have no issues with trading a 2nd or 3rd for him and drafting the BQBA in round 1.

I honestly think the Chiefs need to spend two picks on QB's this draft anyways. Whether it be on a trade for a guy like Cousins or taking a QB in the 1st and the 3rd.

I'm a Cousins fan as well. The guy has a ton of leadership qualities, carries himself well, knows how to win. I was hoping Denver would draft him instead of Osweiler.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
yeah maybe we can get another Jeff Allen, Dexter McCluster, Javier Arenas or Turk McBride?

someday you guys will realize a 2nd round pick is flipping a quarter 3 times and hoping to guess right twice (for a good player) or 3 times (for a real good player)

Or we could just trade our 2nd rounder for Kirk Cousins and not get a good player 100% of the time.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm a Cousins fan as well. The guy has a ton of leadership qualities, carries himself well, knows how to win. I was hoping Denver would draft him instead of Osweiler.

See also, Ricky Stanzi.

Pitt Gorilla
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Running is what he does, regardless of how bad you want to think otherwise.I'm not even sure what this means. Could you explain this? It might be helpful to include some discussion of quarterback rating.

vailpass
12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm not even sure what this means. Could you explain this? It might be helpful to include some discussion of quarterback rating.

It was a response to other posts. My meaning was that Shanny runs RGIII out of the Pistol formation sometimes in Washington, and that part of RGIII's game is running when the play breaks down and, as such, he's going to take big hits.
Here is the context:

vailpass
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
See also, Ricky Stanzi.

Ouch.
I think Cousins put that awful comparison to rest this weekend though don't you?
Cousins is clearly better than any QB on the KC or AZ roster. Not that that should be your standard.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Ouch.
I think Cousins put that awful comparison to rest this weekend though don't you?
Cousins is clearly better than any QB on the KC or AZ roster. Not that that should be your standard.

If Stanzi were in Washington, in Shanahan's system, he would EASILY match what Cousins did.

Put Cousins in KC, with Romeo and the 3-ring Chiefs, and he'd be doing exactly what Stanzi is doing.

vailpass
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
If Stanzi were in Washington, in Shanahan's system, he would EASILY match what Cousins did.

Put Cousins in KC, with Romeo and the 3-ring Chiefs, and he'd be doing exactly what Stanzi is doing.

Interesting theory. Who knows. I'm sure Stanzi would be up for that.

htismaqe
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Interesting theory. Who knows. I'm sure Stanzi would be up for that.

It's really all we have to go on, unless one wants to compare a handful of quarters of preseason football.

The reality is that the largest statistical sample - their college careers - suggests STRONGLY that they're the same heady yet physically-limited game manager that won a lot of games with strong defenses and running games.

vailpass
12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
It's really all we have to go on, unless one wants to compare a handful of quarters of preseason football.

The reality is that the largest statistical sample - their college careers - suggests STRONGLY that they're the same heady yet physically-limited game manager that won a lot of games with strong defenses and running games.

Good points all.

seamonster
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
It was a response to other posts. My meaning was that Shanny runs RGIII out of the Pistol formation sometimes in Washington, and that part of RGIII's game is running when the play breaks down and, as such, he's going to take big hits.
Here is the context:

Ninety percent of RGIII's runs are designed option reads. On average he scrambles out of the pocket as much as an aaron rogers for extra yardage, which isn't as much as people like to spout. People that keep comparing Griffin to vick are just fucking ill informed nitwits.

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Ninety percent of RGIII's runs are designed option reads. On average he scrambles out of the pocket as much as an aaron rogers for extra yardage, which isn't as much as people like to spout. People that keep comparing Griffin to vick are just ****ing ill informed nitwits.

He runs when other QBs slide and he pays for it. He runs when other QBs don't. He pays for it. What is so hard to understand?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FgK12g8to7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seamonster
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FgK12g8to7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You've watched something like one half of a redskin game this year, haven't you?

Hootie
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Or we could just trade our 2nd rounder for Kirk Cousins and not get a good player 100% of the time.

riiight

ok you win

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
You've watched something like one half of a redskin game this year, haven't you?

I've watched RGIII get knocked the **** out of a game twice this year while running. Want to tell me he hasn't? What is so hard to understand about QBs that tend to run as part of their game being at higher risk of injury? The hit he took yesterday was this close to being a career ender.

seamonster
12-10-2012, 05:50 PM
I've watched RGIII get knocked the **** out of a game twice this year while running. Want to tell me he hasn't? What is so hard to understand about QBs that tend to run as part of their game being at higher risk of injury?

So you must live in the general DC Metropolitan area if you watched both those games?

I have to watch the redskins and the vast majority of his running is designed within their game plan. He's not willy-nilly running wild every play like donkey dicks in denver seem to be led to believe. He also turns the ball over 500* less than andrew luck.

vailpass
12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
So you must live in the general DC Metropolitan area if you watched both those games?

I take it meth is cheap and accessible in your area and DirecTV is not?

seamonster
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I take it meth is cheap and accessible in your area and DirecTV is not?

Yea. Your cracked out hippy state doesn't compare favorably to the common wealth of northern virginia in meth on meth crime, my friend. And I think it's funny you ape "pistol offense" catchphrases from chucky and then talk about RGIII having to escape out of the pocket, like he's in a traditional offense. He usually either chucks the ball out of bounds or checks down. His hits come in late game fourth quarter scenarios, which is typical for most quarterbacks that have to extend a series to win a game.

Hootie
12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
yeah

I agree that eventually RGIII is going to have to drop the running element out of his game...he'd be just fine as a pocket QB IMO circa Donovan McNabb (but better)

Hootie
12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
however

if you ever watch Cam Newton...his running is a thing of beauty

he senses the big hit and always does this tumble right before and almost never takes a hit...at least never a hard hit

that's one dude that knows how to run/not get hti

Sorter
12-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Woah, how'd vailpass get banned?