PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC already has a list of GM candidates to replace Pioli

Pages : [1] 2

Quesadilla Joe
10-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Despite rumors over weekend of Scott Pioli getting an extension, sources say KC already has a list of potential people to replace him as GM.

https://twitter.com/RUSSLANDE/status/258223806353649664

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Q

Quesadilla Joe
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Damn. I searched for "potential" and nothing came up.

BossChief
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I posted it in the Holmgren thread.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Trollol

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I would fucking hope so. Any smart businessman would have a list of people he would want running his company on stand-by.

bevischief
10-16-2012, 11:33 AM
It's been posted in several threads.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Bring it on!!

Fire him this week, have Joel Collier finish the season and have your new guy ready to go before the season ends.

boogblaster
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
yes .....

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Bring it on!!

Fire him this week, have Joel Collier finish the season and have your new guy ready to go before the season ends.

This.

Meanwhile, conduct interviews with several GM candidates in the final 10 weeks.

Buehler445
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Bring it on!!

Fire him this week, have Joel Collier finish the season sign Bowe and Albert and have your new guy ready to go before the season ends.

Fixed.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Fixed.

throw Colquitt in there (we HAVE to sign him) and thank you for the fix!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Good.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Russell Lande
‏@RUSSLANDE
@TheWalka1 - Can't say for sure, but my source told me Haley would be gone during season in 2011 & says the same thing about Pioli now.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 01:31 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/269988_10151056320531557_637068403_n.jpg

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Russell Lande
‏@RUSSLANDE
@TheWalka1 - Can't say for sure, but my source told me Haley would be gone during season in 2011 & says the same thing about Pioli now.

It would almost have to be at this point. No one can survive this backlash; cLLLLLark may be aloof and removed from the franchise, but he is a businessman, and not a dumb one. He knows the fans are this team's bread and butter. He's surely calculating his next move.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Russell Lande
‏@RUSSLANDE

SCHWEET!

BlackHelicopters
10-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Damn. I searched for "potential" and nothing came up.

beautiful

Mr_Tomahawk
10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
If pioli was going to be fired during the bye week...it would have happened by now. The fact he will be going on local sports radio shows tomorrow makes me think he will be here until the end of the season.

If your being pushed out the door, i dont think youd be speaking on local radio shows...

gold_and_red
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM
If pioli was going to be fired during the bye week...it would have happened by now. The fact he will be going on local sports radio shows tomorrow makes me think he will be here until the end of the season.

If your being pushed out the door, i dont think youd be speaking on local radio shows...

Or he is being pressurized by Clark to make an appearance after last week's events...

Titty Meat
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM

It's a last ditch effort to smooth things over but if they get blown out against Oakland or on national tv vs San Diego it's all over.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
If the Raiders kick our ass at Arrowhead, Pioli will know his bags are packed.

gold_and_red
10-16-2012, 02:20 PM

What if we lose close games? Is that a sign of progress :hmmm:?

the Talking Can
10-16-2012, 02:20 PM

the only thing pioli can do is do his job until the moment clark fires him...which, if it happens, will probably be at the end of the season

The Franchise
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
When the Raiders kick our ass at Arrowhead, Pioli will know his bags are packed.

FYP

Coogs
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I want some new blood that brings in his own ideas and not some other teams second in command. Right now this is my guy...

Oliver Luck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Luck

And he has the inside track to Geno Smith too! Win-Win in my book!

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Pioli will call in and be all hunky dory.

"And now, on line one, we have Clark from Dallas. Clark, go ahead."

"SCOTT, YOU MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKER, GO THE FUCK BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!!"

*click*

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Pioli's not going anywhere for a year or 2.

Tribal Warfare

losing out to the Steelers is where Pioli can kiss his ass goodbye

BigCatDaddy

Fire... die in it.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 02:30 PM

I tend to agree. That is what I am planning on anyway. I will be happy if he goes but, I really doubt it will happen anytime soon.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Ill be honest here, I don't want Pioli to go.

qabbaan
10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Carl was fired (or at least, the news broke) on December 15.

This was the day after the Chiefs had blown a 21-10 lead at home against San Diego. There were two games remaining on the schedule at that point.

Of course, that horrendous loss which left us 2-12 may have been the casus belli, but Clark didn't just do it on a whim.

Sounds like Clark may be sharpening the axe.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Carl was fired (or at least, the news broke) on December 15.

This was the day after the Chiefs had blown a 21-10 lead at home against San Diego. There were two games remaining on the schedule at that point.

Of course, that horrendous loss which left us 2-12 may have been the casus belli, but Clark didn't just do it on a whim.

Sounds like Clark may be sharpening the axe.

He's waiting till KC is officially out of the playoff race.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 02:37 PM

That won't be popular... ROFL but, hey, I respect your opinion and I don't think the people here should be speaking for all the fans at the stadium.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't care if its a popular opinion, I'm on the record saying that if we let Pioli go, I don't see any other GM's to choose from with his level of experience. This guy has won 3 fucking superbowls with Belichick, give some more time. I truly believe next year is going to be our year, Pioli just fucked up with the coaching hiring.

Coogs
10-16-2012, 02:42 PM

So are you a family member? Possibly a Riaders or Broncos fan? Gotta be something like that.

Coogs
10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't care if its a popular opinion, I'm on the record saying that if we let Pioli go, I don't see any other GM's to choose from with his level of experience. This guy has won 3 fucking superbowls with Belichick, give some more time. I truly believe next year is going to be our year, Pioli just fucked up with the coaching hiring.

Ahhh! I see! Family member.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't care if its a popular opinion, I'm on the record saying that if we let Pioli go, I don't see any other GM's to choose from with his level of experience. This guy has won 3 ****ing superbowls with Belichick, give some more time. I truly believe next year is going to be our year, Pioli just ****ed up with the coaching hiring.

Yeah you are fucking idiot.

the Talking Can
10-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't care if its a popular opinion, I'm on the record saying that if we let Pioli go, I don't see any other GM's to choose from with his level of experience. This guy has won 3 ****ing superbowls with Belichick, give some more time. I truly believe next year is going to be our year, Pioli just ****ed up with the coaching hiring.

can you and black boob get together and fucking kill yourselves, please?

but video tape it and have one of your girlfriends send it to chiefsplanet...we'll pay shipping from the banner fund

again, thanks

DaneMcCloud
That won't be popular... ROFL but, hey, I respect your opinion and I don't think the people here should be speaking for all the fans at the stadium.

Are you two retards related?

htismaqe

"Pioli is really smart and can get it right. He just hired the wrong coach.

Twice."

LMAO

the Talking Can
10-16-2012, 02:45 PM

the people here think you should shoot yourself in the face

kushed god
I hate the raiders, bronco's, chargers...and ravens more then any other team. Pioli has FUCKED up hard but I believe in him, mainly cause of that 10-6 season and the work he's done with Belichick. I just feel like if you let him go, you're gonna get some shitty rebound GM with no experience.

the Talking Can
where the fuck is skip?

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:46 PM
and no, I believe Haley was a good hiring. Hiring Crennel was the worst decision this team has made in the last 6 years.

the Talking Can
10-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I hate the raiders, bronco's, chargers...and ravens more then any other team. Pioli has ****ED up hard but I believe in him, mainly cause of that 10-6 season and the work he's done with Belichick. I just feel like if you let him go, you're gonna get some shitty rebound GM with no experience.

honest to god, no one here cares what dumb thoughts spend lonely hours in the empty space where your brain should be..

Pasta Little Brioni
10-16-2012, 02:47 PM
where the fuck is skip?

ROFL Yelling at kids to get off his lawn whilst watching WebTV?

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM

@KCChiefs?

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
and no, I believe Haley was a good hiring. Hiring Crennel was the worst decision this team has made in the last 6 years.

So you still trust Pioli even though he fired "the good hire" and replaced him with the "worst decision this team has made in the last 6 years"?

LMAO

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
honest to god, no one here cares what dumb thoughts spend lonely hours in the empty space where your brain should be..

STFU, I can't voice my fucking opinion on something? Fuck you

listopencil
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I hate the raiders, bronco's, chargers...and ravens more then any other team. Pioli has ****ED up hard but I believe in him, mainly cause of that 10-6 season and the work he's done with Belichick. I just feel like if you let him go, you're gonna get some shitty rebound GM with no experience.

Be honest. You're Pioli aren't you?

saphojunkie
10-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't care if its a popular opinion, I'm on the record saying that if we let Pioli go, I don't see any other GM's to choose from with his level of experience. This guy has won 3 ****ing superbowls with Belichick, give some more time. I truly believe next year is going to be our year, Pioli just ****ed up with:

HIRING TODD HALEY
TRADING FOR MATT CASSEL
SIGNING MATT CASSEL TO A $63 MILLION CONTRACT
TYSON JACKSON
ALEX MAGEE
THE ENTIRE 2009 DRAFT
DEXTER MCCLUSTER
JAVIER ARENAS
LETTING CHARLIE WEIS LEAVE
PROMOTING ROMEO CRENNEL
NOT RESIGNING BRANDON CARR
NOT DRAFTING A QB IN THE 2012 DRAFT, THOUGH FOUR ROOKIES WON
GAMES THIS WEEK, 2 OF WHICH PIOLI PASSED ON.
NOT BRINGING IN LEGITIMATE QB COMPETITION VIA FREE AGENCY
ALLOWING ROMEO TO BE THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
ALIENATING FANS AND MEDIA
NOT GETTING BOWE RE-SIGNED
FORCING HIS PUPPET HEAD COACH TO START CASSEL
CANDY WRAPPERS

fixed your post.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:52 PM
So you still trust Pioli even though he fired "the good hire" and replaced him with the "worst decision this team has made in the last 6 years"?

LMAO

No, Pioli was a prisoner of the moment like everyone else after we went 2-1.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:53 PM
You can't put Charlie Weiss in there, that fat motherfucker leaves teams every year.

listopencil

Come on. You had the IT guy in your office trace the origin of the banner and came here for damage control. It won't work Scott.

saphojunkie
STFU, I can't voice my ****ing opinion on something? **** you

No, you can't voice your ****ing opinion. **** off. No one cares about what you think or your shit ass trolling.

**** the **** off, ****er.

htismaqe

So he buckles under pressure but you still trust him?

the Talking Can
STFU, I can't voice my ****ing opinion on something? **** you

no, you can't

now get back to killing your own dumb ass...we're waiting and the clock is ticking

Fish
10-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I hate the raiders, bronco's, chargers...and ravens more then any other team. Pioli has FUCKED up hard but I believe in him, mainly cause of that 10-6 season and the work he's done with Belichick. I just feel like if you let him go, you're gonna get some shitty rebound GM with no experience.

:facepalm:

Why would you believe in someone who has done nothing but fail for 4 years? Can you honestly say this team is better off today than they were before Pioli was hired?

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
How did we fail for 4 years, we went 10-6 and IMO we were a top 5 team that year. Yeah I can say this team is better off today then before Pioli was hired, this team was a fucking mess. Seriously, ADD AN ELITE LEVEL QB TO THIS TEAM, MAKE BREASTON THE NUMBER 2 RECEIVER AND WERE WINNING THE AFC WEST.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
So he buckles under pressure but you still trust him?

I don't think he buckled under pressure at all, I think he wanted to go with someone he has worked with before.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
How did we fail for 4 years, we went 10-6 and IMO we were a top 5 team that year. Yeah I can say this team is better off today then before Pioli was hired, this team was a fucking mess.

I have to believe that you're a troll because no one is this fucking stupid.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think he buckled under pressure at all, I think he wanted to go with someone he has worked with before.

So he chose comfort and familiarity over hiring the BEST candidate for the job and you still trust him?

Coogs
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
How did we fail for 4 years, we went 10-6 and IMO we were a top 5 team that year. Yeah I can say this team is better off today then before Pioli was hired, this team was a fucking mess. Seriously, ADD AN ELITE LEVEL QB TO THIS TEAM, MAKE BREASTON THE NUMBER 2 RECEIVER AND WERE WINNING THE AFC WEST.

What do you mean this team "was" a fucking mess. Last 5 games halftime scores... 3,6,6,3, and 3. Usually behind by a couple/three TD's at that point too. Four and a half TD's once.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I want some new blood that brings in his own ideas and not some other teams second in command. Right now this is my guy...

Oliver Luck

If I were an owner, this would intrigue me greatly.

listopencil
10-16-2012, 03:05 PM

So the guy with all of that experience is a "prisoner of the moment" when it came to hiring a new Head Coach. Even though a fellow like John Elway, as the VP of Football operations, with no NFL FO experience, has the business acumen to remove the reigning GM, sign the most sought after free agent of the year and trade away the starting QB who is seen by some in the fanbase as a legitimate hero. All of which immediately made the Broncos a better team. You're delusional Scott.

listopencil
10-16-2012, 03:05 PM
I have to believe that you're a troll because no one is this ****ing stupid.

It's Scott Pioli. Has to be.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 03:06 PM
If I were an owner, this would intrigue me greatly.

Only if there is some way to retain the services of his kid though :D

Fish
10-16-2012, 03:09 PM

You can't be serious.... we benefited from the easiest schedule in franchise history, and eventually choked on a giant purple Raven dick in the playoffs. In completely embarrassing fashion. If 10-6 is your goal, then hey I guess you can declare success. But everybody with multiple available brain cells knows that the team that year was a complete fraud and had no business in the playoffs.

And it's the GM's job to add an elite QB. Instead of doing so, Pioli has forced Cassel on the team for 4 years, and he's done nothing but fail. That's all on Pioli...

WV
10-16-2012, 03:09 PM

Oliver Luck

I think I love this idea. :clap:

J Diddy
10-16-2012, 03:12 PM
How did we fail for 4 years, we went 10-6 and IMO we were a top 5 team that year. Yeah I can say this team is better off today then before Pioli was hired, this team was a ****ing mess. Seriously, ADD AN ELITE LEVEL QB TO THIS TEAM, MAKE BREASTON THE NUMBER 2 RECEIVER AND WERE WINNING THE AFC WEST.

Pioli's job is to get that elite level quarterback. Time after time, season after season--nothing. With that in mind he's fail. He's incapable of success because he won't let go of Matt Cassel.

That being said, I have seen some high school teams who could win the AFC west. It's no big prize. At this point whoever gets it is more than likely one and done.

Also, if you think we were top 5 in 2010 you were drunk for it all.

ModSocks
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
WTF is up with the noob injection lately?

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2012, 03:16 PM

That 10-6 record was smoke and mirrors.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Only if there is some way to retain the services of his kid though :D

I'd make him reproduce and have him sign a contract guaranteeing his child to the Chiefs upon completion of his college degree.

See, I'd set us up long term with Andrew Luck 2.0

Sorter
10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Additionally, we'd be able to transition from a successful Geno Smith career to Andrew Luck's little brother.

Best. Plan. Ever.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
That 10-6 record was smoke and mirrors.

how ?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Oliver Luck

I think I love this idea. :clap:

Couldn't get Andrew, we'll just go get his Father.

BossChief

yeah, shit...we might end up getting blown out every game and he might hire a head coach that after every game says "I dont know why we lost"....or he might go out and trade a premium pick some worthless shithole quarterback and then give him the highest contract in team history...or he might spend a top 3 pick on a defensive linemen that gets 2 sacks in 4 years....haha yeah, that would REALLY fuck us over if that happened because we hired some POS GM...

hold on.

BigCatDaddy
WTF is up with the noob injection lately?

Collateral damage from the banner.

Coogs
10-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Couldn't get Andrew, we'll just go get his Father.

Read his resume. It's really rather impressive!

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2012, 03:20 PM
how ?

Playing shitty teams.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 03:21 PM
We get Luck's father. We go from Geno Smith to Oliver Luck's future son we make him have.

#winning.

listopencil
10-16-2012, 03:22 PM
We get Luck's father. We go from Geno Smith to Oliver Luck's future son we make him have.

#winning.

You need prettier cheerleaders to pull that off.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 03:23 PM

#winning.

It's one way to Suck For Luck

Coogs
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
how ?

10 wins in 2010. Averaged just under 200 yards a game rushing in those 10 wins. And damn near lost a couple of those... just like we lost the Raven's game a couple of weeks ago. Did lose one that year at Houston when we ran for well over 200. Damn near 300.

WV
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
yeah, shit...we might end up getting blown out every game and he might hire a head coach that after every game says "I dont know why we lost"....or he might go out and trade a premium pick some worthless shithole quarterback and then give him the highest contract in team history...or he might spend a top 3 pick on a defensive linemen that gets 2 sacks in 4 years....haha yeah, that would REALLY fuck us over if that happened because we hired some POS GM...

hold on.

Stop wasting logic on people like him.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 03:25 PM
You need prettier cheerleaders to pull that off.

I'll personally visit the nearest Hooters and recruit them.

1ChiefsDan
10-16-2012, 03:27 PM

troll

ChiefsCountry
I'll personally visit the nearest Hooters and recruit them.

Hooters? What Bazookas wasn't open. Hooters isnt the place I would go to recruit hot chicks.

Buehler445
the only thing pioli can do is do his job until the moment clark fires him...which, if it happens, will probably be at the end of the season

I had a buddy text me and say about all of his radio interviews, "Hopefully this is his way of getting his resume circulated." We can only hope

STFU, I can't voice my fucking opinion on something? Fuck you

Oh, you can voice your dumbass fucking barrel of fail you call an opinion. You certainly can. We also have the right to crucify you for it because you are stupid.

STFU n00b

kushed god
10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry I dont have 20,000 posts.

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Chill dude. If you wanna walk around thinking for no reason that 10-6 makes up for the other terrible seasons then you better expect some heat. If you can't ignore the heat then don't say shit that draws it. I am not sure how you can possibly think a 10-6 season against the weakest schedule you could ever play weighs heavier than the other seasons.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Oliver Luck has what you want in a GM...good relational skills, respect, and good executive skills.

I would love Marc Ross from the Giants. Pretty good drafts, smart guy, young, and with a team that has been consistently good AND won championships.

Tom Gamble from the 49ers has a good mix of college/pro scouting experience, contract negotiations, and even some coaching.

Russ Ball of the Packers seems like more of a capologist, but anyone from the Packers would be worth a look.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Chill dude. If you wanna walk around thinking for no reason that 10-6 makes up for the other terrible seasons then you better expect some heat. If you can't ignore the heat then don't say shit that draws it. I am not sure how you can possibly think a 10-6 season against the weakest schedule you could ever play weighs heavier than the other seasons.

It doesn't make up for it but it was a step in the right direction that year. We actually had something to cheer for that year, don't deny it.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Oliver Luck has what you want in a GM...good relational skills, respect, and good executive skills.

I would love Marc Ross from the Giants. Pretty good drafts, smart guy, young, and with a team that has been consistently good AND won championships.

Tom Gamble from the 49ers has a good mix of college/pro scouting experience, contract negotiations, and even some coaching.

Russ Ball of the Packers seems like more of a capologist, but anyone from the Packers would be worth a look.

I don't want none of those fucking losers.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't want none of those ****ing losers.

Of course not because you are fucking idiot.

1ChiefsDan
10-16-2012, 03:37 PM

We know, Scott.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2012, 03:38 PM
ROFLI don't want none of those fucking losers.Dumbass

Buehler445
10-16-2012, 03:38 PM

Then don't come in here posting like you have 20,000 posts and are gonna tell everybody how the world works.

If I were to go say the dumbass shit you're saying, I'd catch hell too. The rules are pretty easy here. No racial slurs, no threats of violence, no porn, and thick skin. If not GTFO.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Hooters? What Bazookas wasn't open. Hooters isnt the place I would go to recruit hot chicks.

All right, all right, we can go to Bazookas.

I wanted to go there but with Clark our budgets are a little tight...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Quit feeding the troll.

JFC

Richard_Cuckold
10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
GOOD
anyone but Pioli

KCBOSS1
10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
We've got to get out of the NE tree, unless we could land Billichek. He is the tree. All of the other branches suck, except maybe Weiss. I believe Weiss should stay an OC and Crennel a DC.

There's no passion from the ownership... that's where the problem starts. Why don't we rent a "Clark, sell to Cuban!" banner. How great would it be to have an owner that sits down on the 50 yard-line, 20 rows up as a fan on Sundays? He feels the passion and the intelligence of the fans. The fans at KC are the only loyalty in KC. Current Ownership & GM just feels like the fan base is stupid. Some of it obviously is, but most Chiefs fans are very smart football people and could have amazing input. How cool would it be if the ownership did polls for fans in some of the decision making process?

bowener
10-16-2012, 04:01 PM
We've got to get out of the NE tree, unless we could land Billichek. He is the tree. All of the other branches suck, except maybe Weiss. I believe Weiss should stay an OC and Crennel a DC.

There's no passion from the ownership... that's where the problem starts. Why don't we rent a "Clark, sell to Cuban!" banner. How great would it be to have an owner that sits down on the 50 yard-line, 20 rows up as a fan on Sundays? He feels the passion and the intelligence of the fans. The fans at KC are the only loyalty in KC. Current Ownership & GM just feels like the fan base is stupid. Some of it obviously is, but most Chiefs fans are very smart football people and could have amazing input. How cool would it be if the ownership did polls for fans in some of the decision making process?

Fucking awful. Most people are fucking retarded. Myself included

edit: Unless you mean involved in shit that doesn't matter. Like what concessions to serve and such.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM

I've always kind of wondered, if something happened to New England and Brady... I could see Belichick coaching here.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
The NE tree only works if your in NE...once you leave NE, it's like you're not the same player/person anymore.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
has anyone mentioned Charley Casserley yet?? I know he's a 'retread', but I always thought he was a pretty decent talent evaluater when he was with Washington and Houston??

LVNHACK
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM

You should be sorry for stealing all that oxygen from people who need to support living brain cells.....

kushed god
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
has anyone mentioned Charley Casserley yet?? I know he's a 'retread', but I always thought he was a pretty decent talent evaluater when he was with Washington and Houston??

I don't think he will, he's always on NFL network now.

kushed god
10-16-2012, 04:08 PM
You should be sorry for stealing all that oxygen from people who need to support living brain cells.....

Shut up, so annoying. Go do something else instead of watching me pussy

KCrockaholic
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't think he will, he's always on NFL network now.

Yeah that's a good excuse to not get back into football.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
The NE tree only works if your in NE...once you leave NE, it's like you're not the same player/person anymore.

The 'NE tree' is the stupidest bunch of BS ever - the 'NE Way' is belichick and Brady; everything around them changes, but they keep on winning.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Oh, no you didn't!!!!!! He's a buffoon.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Oh, no you didn't!!!!!! He's a buffoon.

I wasn't a big fan of his coaching hires, but I thought he did an especially good job with drafting for the Texans (hard to get an expansion team up and going), what with Johnson and Mario over Reggie, etc.

Plus he cut the cord on Carr quick and signed Shaub from Atlanta, which is an appealing trait in a GM to me at this point.

But yeah, kushedgod or whoever is probably right - he needs to stay on TV.

My bad, I just want P-holey gone so horribly...

KCBOSS1
10-16-2012, 04:21 PM
****ing awful. Most people are ****ing retarded. Myself included

edit: Unless you mean involved in shit that doesn't matter. Like what concessions to serve and such.

Actually you're wrong. MOST people are not retards. NFL fans are very studious. Many GMs are ego loyal and become very tunnel visioned. For instance, how do you think the fans would have voted if we would have run these polls at the time of decision?.....

Do we release Trent Green go or should he retire as a Chief?

Should Matt Cassel be signed to a long-term before the season starts or should we treat this first season as a try-out to assess his performance?

Gannon or Grbac?

Don't kid yourself into thinking that most of the mouthy hotheads on here represent the majority of Chiefs fans. They don't. I'm not talking about making decisions based on the fans' polls, but rather taking them into consideration in the process. I would love it if Hunt would maybe sell the Chiefs to Chiefs stockholders like Green Bay did.

Brock
10-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Plus he cut the cord on Carr quick and signed Shaub from Atlanta, which is an appealing trait in a GM to me at this point.

No, he didn't.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
My bad, I just want P-holey gone so horribly...

Don't worry about it. We all do. :thumb:

The Franchise
10-16-2012, 04:31 PM

lolwut?

Rick Smith moved on from David Carr. Casserly was gone while Carr was still there.

Titty Meat
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey look another good thread ruined by trolls.

How bout we just ignore them?

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 04:35 PM
lolwut?

Rick Smith moved on from David Carr. Casserly was gone while Carr was still there.

ok then, FUCK Charley Casserly!!

listopencil
10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Shut up, so annoying. Go do something else instead of watching me pussy

Argh, Scott. Ye finally admitted that ye be sportin' a pussy.

Dayze
10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
what sort of facial condition does Casserly have? I worked with a dude who looked EXACTLY like him back in the day; and this dude was, uh.....extremely slow.

LVNHACK
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM

ROFL

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't worry about it. We all do. :thumb:

it's like, when you've been involved in a dysfunctional relationship for almost 4 years, and you're willing to do anything to get out of it.

Even bang the skanky girl from the trailer park by Noland and Main in Independence - you KNOW she's crazy, and she probably has a weird form of HPV at the very least, and probably does meth on the weekends, but not so much that she isn't still pretty fucking cute, and you want OUT of that relationship, Goddammitt!!!

Charley casserly is that girl from the trailer park.

Thank god I never fucked her.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Bwahahaha!!! Aw, THAT was fucking funny, right there...

Direckshun
10-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Honestly, this doesn't mean much.

It's a common tactic when you're in negotiations to bring somebody else in to make the guy you're trying to sign go cheaper.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Actually you're wrong. MOST people are not retards. NFL fans are very studious. Many GMs are ego loyal and become very tunnel visioned. For instance, how do you think the fans would have voted if we would have run these polls at the time of decision?.....

Should Matt Cassel be signed to a long-term before the season starts or should we treat this first season as a try-out to assess his performance?

Gannon or Grbac?

Don't kid yourself into thinking that most of the mouthy hotheads on here represent the majority of Chiefs fans. They don't. I'm not talking about making decisions based on the fans' polls, but rather taking them into consideration in the process. I would love it if Hunt would maybe sell the Chiefs to Chiefs stockholders like Green Bay did.

Yep lets become a minor league franchise and let the fans vote on things.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM

LMAO

Prove positive that the "fans" don't know jackshit.

Dumbass

Chiefspants
10-16-2012, 05:02 PM

He was an unmitigated Pioli-like disaster while in Houston.

jd1020
Yep lets become a minor league franchise and let the fans vote on things.

Not like the Chiefs are a major league franchise.

DaneMcCloud
Not like the Chiefs are a major league franchise.

Yes, they are.

JoeyChuckles
10-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Let's switch Dayton Moore for Scott Pioli and see what happens.

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

David Carr, BobTard.

jd1020
Yes, they are.

19/43

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
19/43

Dude, just stop.

They're an NFL team. The most poorly run team in the NFL, but an NFL team nonetheless.

jd1020
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Posing.

A NFL team would have held a lead for at least 1 second by now.

mnchiefsguy
10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I wonder who is on the list?

10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
How did we fail for 4 years, we went 10-6 and IMO we were a top 5 team that year. Yeah I can say this team is better off today then before Pioli was hired, this team was a ****ing mess. Seriously, ADD AN ELITE LEVEL QB TO THIS TEAM, MAKE BREASTON THE NUMBER 2 RECEIVER AND WERE WINNING THE AFC WEST.

top 5 team? HOLY FUCKING SHIT LMAO

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 05:35 PM
LMAO

David Carr, BobTard.

I know, I know...

In my zeal to push P-holey out the door, I said Charley casserly.

I know realize what a foolish comment that was.

I just want him gone.

Fire him TODAY and promote joel collier, and start your interviews TOMORROW.

PA Chiefs
10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I wanted Pioli when we got rid of Peterson he came from one of the best teams in football and was bringing blue collar hardworking QB with him I was on board but after watching Cassel for a year u knew he wasn't the answer then he took Jackson again I thought maybe he sees something others dont then he took mccluster and all the olineman in the 2-3 rd rounds and I realized we are in trouble WE WASTE 1,2,3 RD CHOICES HE HAS STOOD BY A QB THAT IS NOT GOOD (thats being nice) AND HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING IN 3 YRS I 'M SORRY BUT HE IS GONE THIS YEAR NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

WV
10-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I wanted Pioli when we got rid of Peterson he came from one of the best teams in football and was bringing blue collar hardworking QB with him I was on board but after watching Cassel for a year u knew he wasn't the answer then he took Jackson again I thought maybe he sees something others dont then he took mccluster and all the olineman in the 2-3 rd rounds and I realized we are in trouble WE WASTE 1,2,3 RD CHOICES HE HAS STOOD BY A QB THAT IS NOT GOOD (thats being nice) AND HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING IN 3 YRS I 'M SORRY BUT HE IS GONE THIS YEAR NO DOUBT ABOUT IT

There are a lot of people here that are right where you are.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 05:46 PM

IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS IT IS EASIER FOR US TO HEAR YOU!

PA Chiefs
10-16-2012, 05:52 PM
IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS IT IS EASIER FOR US TO HEAR YOU!

I THOUGHT THATS HOW IT WORKS:clap:

Sorter
10-16-2012, 06:05 PM
LMAOLMAO At least you have a sense of humor. You're not a bad n00b.

Yet.

I THOUGHT THATS HOW IT WORKS:clap:

RealSNR
10-16-2012, 06:15 PM
PUNCTUATION FUCK PUNCTUATION WHAT THE HELL DO I NEED WITH THAT AS LONG AS I SPELL YOU AS U AND THEN RAPE AND BUKKAKE THEN JIZZ THEN JACK OFF COWS I GUESS LOL RITE

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 06:21 PM

Were in NO WAY a top 5 team in '10.

We were top 5 in rushing...that's all.

Defense was like 16th total, middle of the pack. Passing was like 29th in the league. (That's out of 32 teams, btw.) That means we were better than, say, Cleveland jacksonville and St. L or some such shit.

Take the magic storm of a last place schedule, with the fact that our inter-conference matchups were with the NFC West (which was GOD-AWFUL that year - Seattle blitzed everyone and took the division at 7-9) - that was only playoff team we beat that year, btw: more on that later - coupled with the absolute masterful coaching job by the entire coaching staff, made a 10-6 possible.

Hey, kushed god - did you know that the only playoff team we ever beat with Matt cASShoLLLLLe was that victory over 7-9 Seattle in 2010?? The only other times we have ever beat a playoff team...were the two victories with Kyle orton that got RAC's fat ass a job. That is an absolute fact.

THAT is how 2010 was smoke and mirrors.

word of advice, "n00b" to "noob"?? Know your shit up on here; they're gonna pounce on you regardless, and if you can't stand on it or back it up, they will rip you to shreds. Fact is, we're not top 5, but you wish we were - in your mind, we were #1!! And that's how it should be. But temper your fan's optimism with reality. Saying "IMO we were top 5" is like saying "imo water isn't wet and the sky is not yellow, it's chicken" - facts prove otherwise. Check the facts, then form an opinion.

good luck.

PA Chiefs
10-16-2012, 06:29 PM
im a noob now but i think i was a troll? whatever u call the people who just check this site out i've been trollin for 15 plus years until last month when i finally signed up so deal with it

hometeam
10-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Defense was like 16th total, middle of the pack. Passing was like 29th in the league. (That's out of 32 teams, btw.) That means we were better than, say, Cleveland jacksonville and St. L or some such shit.

Take the magic storm of a last place schedule, with the fact that our inter-conference matchups were with the NFC West (which was GOD-AWFUL that year - Seattle blitzed everyone and took the division at 7-9) - that was only playoff team we beat that year, btw: more on that later - coupled with the absolute masterful coaching job by the entire coaching staff, made a 10-6 possible.

Hey, kushed god - did you know that the only playoff team we ever beat with Matt cASShoLLLLLe was that victory over 7-9 Seattle in 2010?? The only other times we have ever beat a playoff team...were the two victories with Kyle orton that got RAC's fat ass a job. That is an absolute fact.

word of advice, "n00b" to "noob"?? Know your shit up on here; they're gonna pounce on you regardless, and if you can't stand on it or back it up, they will rip you to shreds. Fact is, we're not top 5, but you wish we were - in your mind, we were #1!! And that's how it should be. But temper your fan's optimism with reality. Saying "IMO we were top 5" is like saying "imo water isn't wet and the sky is not yellow, it's chicken" - facts prove otherwise. Check the facts, then form an opinion.

good luck.

http://isobe.typepad.com/sketchpad/images/Discovery-Engine.jpg

Titty Meat
10-16-2012, 06:35 PM
It would be cool if the Chiefs didn't lead all year.

Red Beans
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
im a noob now but i think i was a troll? whatever u call the people who just check this site out i've been trollin for 15 plus years until last month when i finally signed up so deal with it

You are a lurker, tolling is something else entirely...

MeatRock
10-16-2012, 06:43 PM

Well, we do play the Browns yet, so there is that.

PA Chiefs
10-16-2012, 06:47 PM
You are a lurker, tolling is something else entirely...

didnt know, dont know if i care thanks for the info

petegz28
10-16-2012, 06:48 PM

We've made it look easy through 6 games. I think at some point it's going to take some real effort to not get a lucky-lead

PA Chiefs
10-16-2012, 06:54 PM
last game they showed on cbs hali getting the team ready before they took the field and he said lets show them how good we know we are I think this the problem they think they are better then they are

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
last game they showed on cbs hali getting the team ready before they took the field and he said lets show them how good we know we are I think this the problem they think they are better then they are

The talent is there, except at QB. This team has a horrendous head coach and an even worse QB. Those two fixes alone make this team a good team. Which is what makes Pioli's mistakes all the more pathetic. He sabotaged an otherwise good team to stroke his ego.

Rasputin
10-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Am pretty sure Pioli is going get the ax by end of season so as long as Clark does his research and takes his time and learning from his mistakes hope the next hire will do us right.

PA Chiefs
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
The talent is there, except at QB. This team has a horrendous head coach and an even worse QB. Those two fixes alone make this team a good team. Which is what makes Pioli's mistakes all the more pathetic. He sabotaged an otherwise good team to stroke his ego.

I agree we are a talented team at least the starters we have no depth and s*** at QB The coach is usually only as good as his QB but I hope we do have a complete change screw the patriot way lets get someone in hear that wants to make it the chiefs way

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2012, 07:09 PM

good luck.
:clap:

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 07:24 PM
The talent is there, except at QB

The talent is not there.

Not at the level people think.

We have a lot of trash on the defensive line and in the secondary that needs to be taken out.

Offensively, Dexter, Baldwin and our backup running backs are NOT GOOD PLAYERS, certainly not guys who deserve to be starting anyway, and I am going to pound that into this forum's collective head until they agree with me.

This team needs:

HC
QB
At LEAST one WR
A RB to compliment Charles, because I doubt Hillis is back. Droughn and Gray are very average players it appears.
S
Two CBs
Probably 3 new defensive linemen, barring ascendance from Poe or Powe. We have absolutely nothing at DE.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 07:29 PM
It's worse than that imo.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 07:44 PM

good luck.

Holy fuckin shit. Nice post.

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 07:53 PM
It doesn't make up for it but it was a step in the right direction that year. We actually had something to cheer for that year, don't deny it.

A step in the right direction? It was 2 seasons ago. The past two seasons speak much louder than 2010. Pioli does not deserve to be the GM. Palko and Quinn as backups? Jackson at the #3 pick? Still have Cassel at QB. Still no depth on the team from a guy who was supposed to be able to find depth everywhere.

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 08:00 PM

I don't blame a guy for trying to get a team pumped up. Being honest during a speech trying to pump a team up isn't a good idea when you are struggling.

Yeah, it's called leaving Tom Brady.

sfchief
10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Marc Ross: NY Giants
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/ross_loss_gain_for_big_blue_JGkMgk57VrU6C2XvtKBSoO

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
The talent is not there.

We have a lot of trash on the defensive line and in the secondary that needs to be taken out.

Offensively, Dexter, Baldwin and our backup running backs are NOT GOOD PLAYERS, certainly not guys who deserve to be starting anyway, and I am going to pound that into this forum's collective head until they agree with me.

This team needs:

HC
QB
At LEAST one WR
A RB to compliment Charles, because I doubt Hillis is back. Droughn and Gray are very average players it appears.
S
Two CBs
Probably 3 new defensive linemen, barring ascendance from Poe or Powe. We have absolutely nothing at DE.
^THIS

I am absolutely baffled how little safety depth there has been; since that Denver game in 2010 that Lewis missed w/injury, it's been obvious that anytime Berry or Lewis has been out (which is a lot) there has been absolutely NO back end responsibility, and P-hole has not addressed that at all...

...Rashard Langford and Shabby Piscatelli weren't the answer...

...and now, Berry and Lewis look to be drowning in the same foulness the rest of the team is choking on.

Not a good look, P-holey...not a good look.

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 08:11 PM
^THIS

I am absolutely baffled how little safety depth there has been; since that Denver game in 2010 that Lewis missed w/injury, it's been obvious that anytime Berry or Lewis has been out (which is a lot) there has been absolutely NO back end responsibility, and P-hole has not addressed that at all...

...Rashard Langford and Shabby Piscatelli weren't the answer...

...and now, Berry and Lewis look to be drowning in the same foulness the rest of the team is choking on.

Not a good look, P-holey...not a good look.

I think Berry and Lewis will be alright. We do need depth there because as you mentioned they get hurt a lot. We just need to find somebody to fill Dorsey's spot that gets some pressure on the QB. I can live with Jackson on the other side stopping the run IF we had a DE opposite him that could put pressure on the QB. The NT spot is TBD.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Marc Ross: NY Giants
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/ross_loss_gain_for_big_blue_JGkMgk57VrU6C2XvtKBSoO

The question would be if he would hire a 4-3 set coach or a 3-4 scheme guy

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Holy ****in shit. Nice post.

I think Berry and Lewis will be alright. We do need depth there because as you mentioned they get hurt a lot. We just need to find somebody to fill Dorsey's spot that gets some pressure on the QB. I can live with Jackson on the other side stopping the run IF we had a DE opposite him that could put pressure on the QB. The NT spot is TBD.

Dorsey is a 4-3 UT, playing out of position. The money Jackson is making, Dorsey is gone next year regardless, but I can't think of any 3-4 pass rushing DEs in a contract year off the top of my head, so that leaves the draft...and we need a QB...and most all pass rushing ends are gone quick. :\ this team has a LOT of holes.

FUCK YOU, P-HOLEY!!

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Dorsey is a 4-3 UT, playing out of position. The money Jackson is making, Dorsey is gone next year regardless, but I can't think of any 3-4 pass rushing DEs in a contract year off the top of my head, so that leaves the draft...and we need a QB...and most all pass rushing ends are gone quick. :\ this team has a LOT of holes.

**** YOU, P-HOLEY!!

A QB goes without saying at this point. Its a waste of time even typing it. Everyone knew from the beginning that Dorsey was being put in a spot that probably wasn't going to work.

sfchief
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM

I may be wrong but I think the giants have used both fronts in his time there

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM

the right guy would adapt to his personnel, and for what it is, we're a 3-4 team right now. We don't have near enough line depth to run a 4-3 unless Houston and/or Hali went back to being down linemen, which honestly would fuck both their games up.

Whoever comes in has to run some type of 3-4 or hybrid; it wouldn't have to be 2-gap, they could go like they did in Dallas and Houston and run the old Bum Phillips 34. At any rate, such an abrubt shift in philosophy would almost certainly result in yet another year of awful football.

chiefscafan
10-16-2012, 08:23 PM
So do we even draft a qb if pioli gets the extension can he really say all cassel needs is protection. If he does that I'm done being a chief fan till pioli is gone.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 08:26 PM
So do we even draft a qb if pioli gets the extension can he really say all cassel needs is protection. If he does that I'm done being a chief fan till pioli is gone.

There is no way he gets an extension at this point.

The only thing that makes any sense is 'clarifying the wording of the buyout clause'...

Because it is going to be used.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
the right guy would adapt to his personnel, and for what it is, we're a 3-4 team right now. We don't have near enough line depth to run a 4-3 unless Houston and/or Hali went back to being down linemen, which honestly would **** both their games up.

Whoever comes in has to run some type of 3-4 or hybrid; it wouldn't have to be 2-gap, they could go like they did in Dallas and Houston and run the old Bum Phillips 34. At any rate, such an abrubt shift in philosophy would almost certainly result in yet another year of awful football.

We could switch to 1-gap right now and improve the defense dramatically. Passive defense just doesn't get it done in today's NFL. Even average QBs will pick it apart eventually.

sfchief
10-16-2012, 08:40 PM
We could switch to 1-gap right now and improve the defense dramatically. Passive defense just doesn't get it done in today's NFL. Even average QBs will pick it apart eventually.

YEP!
You have to have a great secondary hold long enough in a 2gap
Dorsey and Poe would benefit greatly

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 08:42 PM
YEP!
You have to have a great secondary hold long enough in a 2gap
Dorsey and Poe would benefit greatly

The rules don't favor coverage anymore. They just don't. That's why TV announcers go out of their way to congratulate a defense when nobody is open or they get a true coverage sack - because those instances are rare in today's NFL.

sfchief
10-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Same reason a cover 2 doesn't work without a great pass rush

sfchief
10-16-2012, 08:45 PM
We would need an upgrade in Ilb pass coverage in a 1 gap

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 08:46 PM

We think we could.

We know Dorsey and Jackson are useless in such a defense. Bailey is a lousy pass rusher and appears to be another Pioli bust at this point.

Could Powe, Ropati and Poe do it? It's questionable.

If we tried to change the entire scheme to 1-gap at this point I doubt it would do anything but cause mass confusion and enormous running lanes.

Titty Meat
10-16-2012, 08:50 PM
We think we could.

We know Dorsey and Jackson are useless in such a defense. Bailey is a lousy pass rusher and appears to be another Pioli bust at this point.

If we tried to change the entire scheme to 1-gap at this point I doubt it would do anything but cause mass confusion and enormous running lanes.

The team would be better off letting Drosey, Jackson, and Cassel go after the season. That's what? 20 million in cap space?

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
We think we could.

Disagree with you on Dorsey, and no, one bad year in Gun's system when he was asked to play more of a Nose Tackle role isn't validation of that.

His skill set out of college was his first step. He is not a pass rusher, but he is a guy who knows how to collapse the pocket and attack the run.

Jackson, if moved to a 1-gap, is out.

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
didnt know, dont know if i care thanks for the info

ROFL

FAX

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:55 PM

ROFL

FAX

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Disagree with you on Dorsey, and no, one bad year in Gun's system when he was asked to play more of a Nose Tackle role isn't validation of that.

His skill set out of college was his first step. He is not a pass rusher, but he is a guy who knows how to collapse the pocket and attack the run.

Jackson, if moved to a 1-gap, is out.

By the way...
Gus Bradley in Seattle runs a 3-4/4-3 hybrid. Funny, because that's the defense I think Haley wanted to build. But it's also a defense we could very effectively transition into.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 09:00 PM
A QB goes without saying at this point. Its a waste of time even typing it. Everyone knew from the beginning that Dorsey was being put in a spot that probably wasn't going to work.

It would have been beneficial to take a loss on value and trade Dorsey.

Best for him and we could have turned around and gotten a legit 3-4 DE with the pick...

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 09:03 PM

truth - the only way that bend-don't-break shit works is when you can get constant pass rush.

Tampa could do that shit because of their personel; everyone (except Indy) who tried to emulate the famed 'Tampa 2' failed (sound familiar).

Fuck a 2-gap defense. We don't have the pass rush, and no secondary depth - FUCK how did this happen!!!???

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 09:11 PM
By the way...
Gus Bradley in Seattle runs a 3-4/4-3 hybrid. Funny, because that's the defense I think Haley wanted to build. But it's also a defense we could very effectively transition into.

that's exactly why it took so long to name a DC in '09

RealSNR
10-16-2012, 09:14 PM
The talent is not there.

This team needs:

HC
QB
At LEAST one WR
S
Two CBs
We're fine at receiver until we see how they change their play with a new QB. Well, that's how I see it anyway. I'd rather not burn a buttload of draftpicks on fucking WRs. If we add any extras to our passing game, we should get a better TE. A MUCH better TE.

RB... again, let's see how much this offense changes when we switch up the QB. Don't care about this.

On the defensive line I completely agree, but how the hell are we supposed to fix this? We CAN'T draft more asshole defensive linemen in the first round.

Basically, I see our only glaring holes at ILB and S, both of which can and should be taken care of in the draft. After we get our QB, we're pretty much free to go BAA the rest of the way.

We just have to hope that the new GM isn't a fucking fraud.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 09:16 PM
that's exactly why it took so long to name a DC in '09

Because Pioli was so bullheaded that all he wanted to run was 2-gap. There are only a handful of guys who run that, and Romeo wasn't coming back to coaching that year.

Instead, he hired a guy in Clancy Pendergast who runs Gus Bradley's exact scheme he's now running in Seattle, and forced Pendergast to run a 2-gap defense that wasn't in his wheelhouse. How do we know that? Because Tyson Jackson is a prototypical 2-gapper.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Because Pioli was so bullheaded that all he wanted to run was 2-gap. There are only a handful of guys who run that, and Romeo wasn't coming back to coaching that year.

Instead, he hired a guy in Clancy Pendergast who runs Gus Bradley's exact scheme he's now running in Seattle, and forced Pendergast to run a 2-gap defense that wasn't in his wheelhouse. How do we know that? Because Tyson Jackson is a prototypical 2-gapper.

I get it: You actually work for Pioli's Chiefs.

Clancy Pendergast ran the 31st ranked defense in Arizona for not one year, but two. He was a clusterfuck of a hire but only you could provide the reach-around defense.

Idiot.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 09:20 PM

A GM should have no say on any coach except the head coach, unless it's extenuating circumstances (see : Greg Robinson)

Sorter
10-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Tampa could do that shit because of their personel; everyone (except Indy) who tried to emulate the famed 'Tampa 2' failed (sound familiar).

Chicago Bears send their regard. So do the Colts that carried Peyton to a SB.

rabblerouser

Clancy Pendergast ran the 31st ranked defense in Arizona for not one year, but two. He was a cluster**** of a hire but only you could provide the reach-around defense.

Idiot.

I think the explanation was simpler; no one else was willing to take the job but Clancy.

chiefzilla1501
truth - the only way that bend-don't-break shit works is when you can get constant pass rush.

**** a 2-gap defense. We don't have the pass rush, and no secondary depth - **** how did this happen!!!???

The 2-gap defense isn't as bad as everyone says, but I'd prefer we run 1-gap. Our defensive woes the last few games have a lot more to do with softness, poor scheme preparation, and lack of focus. Not as much of a talent issue.

A lot of our defensive problems will be fixed by just having a head coach who gets his players to play with discipline and intensity. Romeo was such a stupid hire for head coach, it's mind-numbing.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Chicago Bears send their regard. So do the Colts that carried Peyton to a SB.

that's what the 'except Indy' meant, and you could hardly say their defense was anything more than along for that ride.

Chicago has the horses to pull it off...but I ain't seen a Bear wearing a ring since '85...and that D was the 46.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
The 2-gap defense isn't as bad as everyone says, but I'd prefer we run 1-gap. Our defensive woes the last few games have a lot more to do with softness, poor scheme preparation, and lack of focus. Not as much of a talent issue.

A lot of our defensive problems will be fixed by just having a head coach who gets his players to play with discipline and intensity. Romeo was such a stupid hire for head coach, it's mind-numbing.

I agree with this assessment down the line; I hate passive defense as a general rule...but this D was WAAAY better the past 2 years.

Mind numbing is indeed the word...

I'm still in shock.

chiefscafan
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Sorry I'm just confused with all the information I've heard pioli is fired , resigned or signed a new contract. I can't see how he is getting fired of he's on the radio tomorrow. If he says cassel is our qb and can lead us to a super bowl in gonna start laughing.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Clancy Pendergast ran the 31st ranked defense in Arizona for not one year, but two. He was a cluster**** of a hire but only you could provide the reach-around defense.

Idiot.

Umm... what?

This is a knock on a GM who hired a coach and then jammed his own philosophy on the guy. How is that an endorsement for either guy?

Sorter
10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
that's what the 'except Indy' meant, and you could hardly say their defense was anything more than along for that ride.

Chicago has the horses to pull it off...but I ain't seen a Bear wearing a ring since '85...and that D was the 46.

When they went to the SB (in regards to Indy)? Try again. That defense was lights-out.

As to Chicago...the only defenses that are successful in your mind are the ones that win a SB? Because that is what you essentially said. Please clarify.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I agree with this assessment down the line; I hate passive defense as a general rule...but this D was WAAAY better the past 2 years.

Mind numbing is indeed the word...

I'm still in shock.

It's really not mind-numbing. I have a bunch of Browns fan friends so I knew what to expect from Romeo. It was a hilariously bad hire and I knew exactly this would happen, though I thought it would take 3 years to happen.

This defense is soft. They don't tackle. They play with zero focus. They over think. And when you wonder why, look no further than the emotionless guy with the headset who walks into press conferences with a helpless look on his face.

chiefscafan
10-16-2012, 09:35 PM
But the d looked good last year. Is it the d or do they have Zero confidence in the qb? That has a lot to do with what is happening.

tredadda
10-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Sooooooooooo you want to stick with the guy who has hit on 3 draft picks in 3 FREAKING YEARS (Succop, Berry, Houston) drafting our franchise QB?

jspchief
10-16-2012, 09:49 PM
But the d looked good last year. Is it the d or do they have Zero confidence in the qb? That has a lot to do with what is happening.it didn't look that good. They suffered a lot of blowouts. They played well against bad teams/QBs. Green Bay was the one exception where they played good D against a good team.

tredadda
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
it didn't look that good. They suffered a lot of blowouts. They played well against bad teams/QBs. Green Bay was the one exception where they played good D against a good team.

I don't think the D is a problem talent wise. I think it is all coaching. Get a competent defensive coordinator in and we would have a top 10 defense.

jspchief
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't think the D is a problem talent wise. I think it is all coaching. Get a competent defensive coordinator in and we would have a top 10 defense.I agree we can be better. coaching and scheme are killing this defense.

xztop12
10-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Get me Mike Nolan in any capacity.

qabbaan
10-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm not going to be too picky about who it is. We all thought we had a coup when we hired Pioli...

tredadda
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not going to be too picky about who it is. We all thought we had a coup when we hired Pioli...

How wrong most us us who supported him were.

58-4ever
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM

In retrospect, it was like that South Park episode with the Shit Sandwich and the Douchebag

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 10:10 PM

You just joined in 2012.

How can you possibly say "we"?

Hammock Parties
because he's a Chiefs fan, you buffoon.

DaneMcCloud
Get me Mike Nolan in any capacity.

LMAO

doomy3
10-16-2012, 10:12 PM
You just joined in 2012.

How can you possibly say "we"?

I'd assume he is saying "we" as in "Chiefs' fans."

Most of "us" were happy to have Pioli after Peterson. At the time it seemed like quite a nice change.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 10:16 PM

Most of "us" were happy to have Pioli after Peterson. At the time it seemed like quite a nice change.

Most of CP was completely behind the Pioli hiring.

It didn't work.

Replace him, move forward, give the new guy our support...

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 10:19 PM

I guess, although I think even the casual fan was happy about the change due more to the fact that Peterson's reign of terror was finally over moreso than the hiring of Pioli.

It's disappointing that fans are in the same place not even four years later.

Ceej
10-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Gotta believe everything on Twitter.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Gotta believe everything on Twitter.

This gives us hope so YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

doomy3
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I guess, although I think even the casual fan was happy about the change due more to the fact that Peterson's reign of terror was finally over moreso than the hiring of Pioli.

I think it was a combo. Pioli was by and large the biggest name available, and the Chiefs got him. At the time, that was pretty awesome. It isn't often that a Kansas City sports team goes out and gets the guy who most people think is the biggest name available.

Guys like DeCosta and others who were mentioned weren't even available. At the time, Pioli looked to be a welcome change from Peterson.

I agree though, we are basically in the exact same spot as before. Only thing that has really changed is that Arrowhead has lost some of its allure over the last few years. That can change in a hurry if we start winning again.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I think it was a combo. Pioli was by and large the biggest name available, and the Chiefs got him. At the time, that was pretty awesome. It isn't often that a Kansas City sports team goes out and gets the guy who most people think is the biggest name available.

Guys like DeCosta and others who were mentioned weren't even available. At the time, Pioli looked to be a welcome change from Peterson.

I agree though, we are basically in the exact same spot as before. Only thing that has really changed is that Arrowhead has lost some of its allure over the last few years. That can change in a hurry if we start winning again.

Hard to imagine but KC is even less attractive to a big name GM/HC/Player than it was before Pissholi got here...

Bewbies
10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Get me someone that wants to make KC the team the rest of the league wants to copy.

Ceej
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
This gives us hope so YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

HEY!!! You don't say that!!!!

Brock
10-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Hard to imagine but KC is even less attractive to a big name GM/HC/Player than it was before Pissholi got here...

Fuck big names.

FAX
10-16-2012, 10:33 PM

Same place, worse condition, though.

The young, bright talent on the squad is four years older, Romeo's defensive scheme will likely be scrapped (again), another OC will come in with yet another scheme, the fan base is in total revolt, the Chiefs image is in the toilet, and the players have had an additional four more years to establish and reinforce a losing mentality.

This isn't the kind of thing you turn around in a season or two.

FAX

KCrockaholic
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
It's ok to be wrong as a fan, and as an owner. Every person makes mistakes and has a wrong opinion at times. It's a matter of being able to move forward and admit to mistakes that separates guys like Pioli from the majority of the fan base. Hopefully Clark is good at admitting mistakes. He's made one. Let's see if he can step up and fix it.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Same place, worse condition, though.

The young, bright talent on the squad is four years older, Romeo's defensive scheme will likely be scrapped (again), another OC will come in with yet another scheme, the fan base is in total revolt, the Chiefs image is in the toilet, and the players have had an additional four more years to establish and reinforce a losing mentality.

This isn't the kind of thing you turn around in a season or two.

FAX

If the Chiefs draft a QB like Tannehill, Luck, Griffin, etc., it can be turned around quickly, especially if they don't have to give up any picks to do so.

Of course, that assumes a good draft and a competent coaching staff.

At this point, it's hard to believe both could be worse.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 10:44 PM

I'm certain that if Clark cleans house and the Chiefs draft a QB in the first round, 90% of the fan base will be re-energized for 2013 and beyond.

Only time will tell if those moves are made.

NJChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm certain that if Clark cleans house and the Chiefs draft a QB in the first round, 90% of the fan base will be re-energized for 2013 and beyond.

Only time will tell if those moves are made.

I agree. A good QB makes players better as well. Other changes aside, a good QB lets the defense play unafraid and lets the offense players relax and use their full abilities instead of trying to overcome bad QB play.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 11:08 PM
It's ok to be wrong as a fan, and as an owner. Every person makes mistakes and has a wrong opinion at times. It's a matter of being able to move forward and admit to mistakes that separates guys like Pioli from the majority of the fan base. Hopefully Clark is good at admitting mistakes. He's made one. Let's see if he can step up and fix it.

What's interesting is that Clark Hunt wanted to model the team after the Steelers. A lot of Pioli/Hunt's first year moves reflect that. A head coach from the Whisenhunt tree. A defensive coordinator from the Whisenhunt tree. initially, an offensive coordinator from the Cowher tree. All 3 were connected to the Steelers tree, and only one loosely connected to the Parcells tree.

So this team started on the path to the Steelers. I don't think Hunt even realizes how far off Pioli's philosophy is from the philosophy Hunt originally envisioned for his team.Hopefully he does now.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 11:11 PM
**** big names.

Fuck incompetent idiots...

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 11:16 PM
What's interesting is that Clark Hunt wanted to model the team after the Steelers. A lot of Pioli/Hunt's first year moves reflect that. A head coach from the Whisenhunt tree. A defensive coordinator from the Whisenhunt tree. initially, an offensive coordinator from the Cowher tree. All 3 were connected to the Steelers tree, and only one loosely connected to the Parcells tree.

So this team started on the path to the Steelers. I don't think Hunt even realizes how far off Pioli's philosophy is from the philosophy Hunt originally envisioned for his team.Hopefully he does now.

The ONLY way to emulate the Steelers is for the owner(s) to be involved on a daily basis.

The Steelers are not run or owned by absentee owners. So until that happens, Clark is just blowing smoke.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
The ONLY way to emulate the Steelers is for the owner(s) to be involved on a daily basis.

The Steelers are not run or owned by absentee owners. So until that happens, Clark is just blowing smoke.

THIS...

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.browsebiography.com/images/5/4641-Brian%20Schottenheimer_biography.jpg
:evil:

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 11:32 PM

It worked well for Arizona, even with the Bidwells, who were viewed as incompetent until Whisenhunt turned the team around. If Dimitroff were the GM, I bet he would have built Haley a Steeler like offense and defense. I'm not talking about emulating the Steeler Way. I'm talking about emulating the system/scheme. Ironically, it's what Hunt wanted. It's what Haley wanted. But Pioli is so arrogant, he thinks there's only one way to do things.

MotherfuckerJones
10-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Clark will have his ducks in a row. Gauge interest in GM position. And if KC has a list of replacements. Pioli's a dead man walking. Just any day now that he'll be fired

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2012, 11:38 PM
It worked well for Arizona, even with the Bidwells, who were viewed as incompetent until Whisenhunt turned the team around. If Dimitroff were the GM, I bet he would have built Haley a Steeler like offense and defense. I'm not talking about emulating the Steeler Way. I'm talking about emulating the system/scheme. Ironically, it's what Hunt wanted. It's what Haley wanted. But Pioli is so arrogant, he thinks there's only one way to do things.

Whatever.

Haley was a fucking bozo. People seem to forget that the guy was an inferior game day coach to Herm.

Stop talking out of your ass.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Whatever.

Haley was a ****ing bozo. People seem to forget that the guy was an inferior game day coach to Herm.

Stop talking out of your ass.

I really don't care about how he was as a game day coach. Our players were well conditioned, played with attitude, and played with discipline. These same players that do none of those things today.

Imagine if Haley was given the QB he wanted. If he was allowed to build the 1-gap 3-4 he wanted, and we all want now. If he had a front office that spent money on players. I don't know how good he really was. I just know he didn't get a fair shake.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
CLLLLLark will have his ducks in a row.

LMAO

WV
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
I really don't care about how he was as a game day coach. Our players were well conditioned, played with attitude, and played with discipline. These same players that do none of those things today.

Imagine if Haley was given the QB he wanted. If he was allowed to build the 1-gap 3-4 he wanted, and we all want now. If he had a front office that spent money on players. I don't know how good he really was. I just know he didn't get a fair shake.

You're not making sense, a horrible game day coach is a death sentence. Haley didn't make adjustments and was a horrible clock manager. Give a horrible game day coach a SB team and he will cost them as many games as he'll win them.

Rausch
10-16-2012, 11:57 PM

No.

We complained about the same things last season we did this season.

The only difference is this season is even worse...

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 12:04 AM
I really don't care about how he was as a game day coach.

You're a fucking idiot

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2012, 12:08 AM
You're not making sense, a horrible game day coach is a death sentence. Haley didn't make adjustments and was a horrible clock manager. Give a horrible game day coach a SB team and he will cost them as many games as he'll win them.

Haley wasn't bad at making adjustments in the game, and most of the blame he gets for game management were due to being overly risky and not getting plays called in on time. But he took less risks in winning seasons and didn't have play calling problems when he had Weis as coordinator. Again... would have liked to have seen if he would have been a better game manager if the GM gave him a better situation to work in.

AussieChiefsFan
10-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Wouldve loved Weis to stick around.

WV
10-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Haley wasn't bad at making adjustments in the game, and most of the blame he gets for game management were due to being overly risky and not getting plays called in on time. But he took less risks in winning seasons and didn't have play calling problems when he had Weis as coordinator. Again... would have liked to have seen if he would have been a better game manager if the GM gave him a better situation to work in.

I wanted to like Haley and did for a time a lot, but his halftime adjustments were non existent. You could point to his staff and spread the blame, but his petty ways of dealing with players and silly games were all on him. It may have been interesting to see him under a different regime, but I suspect he would have been the same ahole

BossChief
10-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Under Haley, this team was devoid of minor injuries and were a very disciplined team that was well conditioned and didn't get a lot of penalties.

Since he was fired, all the tubs have stayed full and we are close to the league lead in penalties.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Under Haley, this team was devoid of minor injuries and were a very disciplined team that was well conditioned and didn't get a lot of penalties.

Since he was fired, all the tubs have stayed full and we are close to the league lead in penalties.

He was a great strength and conditioning coach.

And a shitty offensive coordinator and head coach.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2012, 12:23 AM

Romeo said a few days after Haley was fired that he was going to pull the team from the weight room and get them more film study. That makes a big difference.

As milkman always said, he was a flawed coach, but he showed enough good that we should have seen if he could grow his way into learning from those mistakes.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2012, 12:25 AM
He was a great strength and conditioning coach.

And a shitty offensive coordinator and head coach.

Nobody knows how good an offensive coordinator he was because he was crippled by our shitty quarterback. And we know clearly that he didn't want that shitty quarterback.

As a head coach, he had a lot to learn from a game management perspective. But I don't get the BS idea that he didn't make his players better. I don't know how anyone can compare his 2011 team to 2012 roster, see the same exact players turn into undisciplined ass clowns, and not acknowledge that Haley did a good job getting his players to play.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Nobody knows how good an offensive coordinator he was because he was crippled by our shitty quarterback. And we know clearly that he didn't want that shitty quarterback.

As a head coach, he had a lot to learn from a game management perspective. But I don't get the BS idea that he didn't make his players better. I don't know how anyone can compare his 2011 team to 2012 roster, see the same exact players turn into undisciplined ass clowns, and not acknowledge that Haley did a good job getting his players to play.

The great apologist strikes again.

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2012, 12:32 AM
The great apologist strikes again.

A convenient comment when you have nothing to argue back.

Convenient that you consider talking about Haley, a guy we fired, and bashing the shit out of our current GM being an apologist. Especially after you've spent the past 2 days accusing me, for some bizarre reason, of being a Pioli apologist.

I am a Haley apologist. And I hate Pioli for it.