PDA

View Full Version : Football Matt Cassel: Bet welcher

Skyy God
10-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Slow and a poor loser? Sounds about right.

I haven't told this Cassel story since joining Yahoo, so here it is one more time: once while visiting some of my friends in USC back in college after a night of drinking, we ended up on some fraternity row, and my friend challenged Cassel (I had no idea who he was at the time. He was backing up Carson Palmer) to a race on the street. They made a bet, and my friend smoked him. Cassel was extremely upset and demanded a rematch (and changed his shoes). This time, my friend actually let him get a head start, and he easily caught up and beat him again. Cassel was irate (his girlfriend had to console him) and never paid up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/mostly-nfl-notes-week-6-recap-184828442--fantasy.html;_ylt=AgRSMkf_iGt4fR3m9.O3kIAUm5N4;_ylu=X3oDMTFjcGhsN2NlBG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDMwRz ZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXhUZW1w;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG 9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3#more-26759

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
He's a fake nice guy.

gblowfish
10-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Well, it's hard to win a race when you drop to the ground in fetal position when somebody is gaining on you...

Chiefspants
10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
These last two seasons must have been pretty humbling for this guy..

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/05/56/42/matt_c11.jpg

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
like I've always said, Cassel's a bitch

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 02:33 PM
He's a fake nice guy.

No shit, he can't even do that right!

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 02:35 PM
These last two seasons must have been pretty humbling for this guy..

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/05/56/42/matt_c11.jpg

and of course he has his hat backwards like a douche

LOCOChief
10-16-2012, 02:38 PM
wish I had know this before the celebrity sof ball game.

Oh and sorry for defending this dumbass over the booing. I was retard, forgive.

Sofa King
10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
That's it. I've had it with Matt Cassel. This is just too much. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I love the Chiefs, but this is the last straw. I won't be buying tickets, i won't be buying merchandise, and I'll only watch the games on TV if we're winning until Matt Cassel is gone. This is bullshit.

gblowfish
10-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Is he a bet welcher or a bed wetter?

Chiefspants
and of course he has his hat backwards like a douche

What do you mean?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/093/953/SCUMBAG%20STEVE.jpg?1318992465

Skyy God
Is he a bet welcher or a bed wetter?

Can't he be both?

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
thanks to Matt Cassel and Scott Pioli i've slowly become a Redskins fan, altho RG3 deserves props as well.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Cassel is Knowmo2724...that explains alot actually.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Should we bring the fast guy in for a look?

mlyonsd
10-16-2012, 04:32 PM
What was the bet? Or did my reading comprehension skills cause me to miss it?

beach tribe
10-16-2012, 04:36 PM
thanks to Matt Cassel and Scott Pioli i've slowly become a Redskins fan, altho RG3 deserves props as well.

Fuck Pioli and Cassel..

And Fuck the redskins too.

Canofbier
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
This'll be an unpopular post, but what other evidence do we have that Cassel is a douche? We all despise his QB play and want him off the team, but this is literally the only story I've ever heard about him that didn't reflect positively on his character.

He's a nice guy that needs to get the **** off of our football team.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
What was the bet? Or did my reading comprehension skills cause me to miss it?

Apparently it was that he could never throw a football more than 20 yards if he lost.

Oh, wait. He welched on it, so it can't be that.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 05:24 PM
This'll be an unpopular post, but what other evidence do we have that Cassel is a douche? We all despise his QB play and want him off the team, but this is literally the only story I've ever heard about him that didn't reflect positively on his character.

I really feel bad for the guy. He seems like a nice guy who wants to do well.

Basically, he was minding his own business holding a clipboard in New England, and then we traded for him and threw $60+ million at him and told him to go forth and conquer. Maybe we can blame him for failing, but we can't blame him for trying.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 05:25 PM

Did see you Hell's Kitchen when Cassel was one of the patrons?

Matt: " Our food is taking too long , I think I should go up there and ask when its ready."

BlackHelicopters
10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Cassell backing up Carson Palmer tells the whole story.

wazu
10-16-2012, 05:29 PM

His interviews with media were what turned me off. He's never been accountable. After he has a terrible game you'll generally hear a lot of "we" have to take care of the ball and "the whole offense has to play better". Sometimes even pulls in the defense, wanting to spread accountability for his failures among a large pool, acting as if his own play was 1/53rd of the problem. He is an artist at it, passive aggressive and doesn't drop the headline bullet quote that everybody would notice, but still manages to show he takes no responsibility for his own mistakes.

wazu
10-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Cassell backing up Carson Palmer tells the whole story.

Cassel backing up Leinert tells it better.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2012, 05:38 PM

told the fans to shut the fuck up

BlackHelicopters
10-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Cassel backing up Leinert tells it better.

True enuf

Canofbier
10-16-2012, 06:10 PM

Matt: " Our food is taking too long , I think I should go up there and ask when its ready."

Do you have any clue how heavily they edit those kinds of shows? There's a good chance that he never even made that statement, and they patched it together out of other things he said. Even if he did say it, they were influencing the things he said all night and then cherry-picked that exact phrase.

told the fans to shut the **** up

Yeah, that wasn't too great. To be fair, though, most people (myself included) would react worse than that to thousands of people showering hate onto them.

His interviews with media were what turned me off. He's never been accountable. After he has a terrible game you'll generally hear a lot of "we" have to take care of the ball and "the whole offense has to play better". Sometimes even pulls in the defense, wanting to spread accountability for his failures among a large pool, acting as if his own play was 1/53rd of the problem. He is an artist at it, passive aggressive and doesn't drop the headline bullet quote that everybody would notice, but still manages to show he takes no responsibility for his own mistakes.

Fair enough. A part of me wonders if he was instructed to speak that way, but it would have satisfied a lot of people for him to take direct, personal responsibility for at least some of the numerous fuckups he's made.

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Do you have any clue how heavily they edit those kinds of shows? There's a good chance that he never even made that statement, and they patched it together out of other things he said. Even if he did say it, they were influencing the things he said all night and then cherry-picked that exact phrase.

Dude there weren't any cut away scenes they showed him being impatient then it was chefs doing their work on the show.

Canofbier
10-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Dude there weren't any cut away scenes they showed him being impatient then it was chefs doing their work on the show.

So no, you don't understand how heavily they edit reality shows. The editors for shows like Hell's Kitchen earn their entire salaries by collecting footage and manufacturing drama out of it. I saw that episode, too, and if the worst they can get out of Cassel is him weighing the thought of going to check on his food, then he's a goddamned saint.

DonkyPuncher
10-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Slow and a poor loser? Sounds about right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/mostly-nfl-notes-week-6-recap-184828442--fantasy.html;_ylt=AgRSMkf_iGt4fR3m9.O3kIAUm5N4;_ylu=X3oDMTFjcGhsN2NlBG1pdANCbG9ncyBJbmRleARwb3MDMwRz ZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXhUZW1w;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG 9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3#more-26759

well atleast he's a millionaire... one thing goin for him F****** Thief

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2012, 06:53 PM
So no, you don't understand how heavily they edit reality shows. The editors for shows like Hell's Kitchen earn their entire salaries by collecting footage and manufacturing drama out of it. I saw that episode, too, and if the worst they can get out of Cassel is him weighing the thought of going to check on his food, then he's a goddamned saint.

So you are making excuses for someone who has no personality flaws, correct?

Skyy God
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/wkllas.png

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
That's it. I've had it with Matt Cassel. This is just too much. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I love the Chiefs, but this is the last straw. I won't be buying tickets, i won't be buying merchandise, and I'll only watch the games on TV if we're winning until Matt Cassel is gone. This is bullshit.

LMAO

Canofbier
10-17-2012, 11:15 AM
So you are making excuses for someone who has no personality flaws, correct?

No, I'm being realistic. Cassel has personality flaws, but they relate more to his confidence and leadership ability than they do his character.

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2012, 11:25 AM
No, I'm being realistic. Cassel has personality flaws, but they relate more to his confidence and leadership ability than they do his character.

No joke, I 've said this multiple occasions got railed for it too by few know it alls and fanboys.

We are talking off field stuff, and from the sideline to these type of stories dictates Cassel is a whiny bitch douchebag. which all relates to his leadership abilities too

Chiefspants
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM

To be fair, I thought it was pretty clear that Matt was just joking around about that. Does anyone have a clip?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Matt Cassel:

The turd of our lives.