PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Question I never heard in 3 Pioli interviews

jwhit
10-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Question: Scott, an underperforming player that you signed this offseason, a player with no history with this franchise or city, unfairly trashed one of the best fan bases in all of professional sports. What did you say to Eric Winston in the aftermath of his postgame comments following the Baltimore game?

I have 3 or 4 followup questions after this depending on his answer.

FAX
10-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Question: Scott, an underperforming player that you signed this offseason, a player with no history with this franchise or city, unfairly trashed one of the best fan bases in all of professional sports. What did you say to Eric Winston in the aftermath of his postgame comments following the Baltimore game?

So .... get an interview with this megalomaniac, man.

FAX

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM
So .... get an interview with this megalomaniac, man.

FAX

Ya, that'll happen. ROFL

kaplin42
10-17-2012, 01:57 PM

Would require some fortitude to ask this type of "real" questions. No offense man, but reporters these days not exactly know for that kind of thing.

jwhit
10-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Scott, did you and Todd Haley disagree about Matt Cassel? Did Haley want to pursue a veteran quarterback to replace Matt Cassel?

RustShack
Start the petition to get Pioli to do an interview with Whitlock. The KC fanbase needs this!

FAX
Sadam met with that crazy CBS guy.

Call him out, Mr. jwhit. Call him out publicly. Make him talk or admit to hiding.

Enough with the pansy-ass KC media softball pussy interviews. Force him to talk to a man for a change.

FAX

Coogs
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Question for you Jason. Are reporters told before hand what questions will be allowed when dealing with Pioli and the Chiefs?

FAX
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Start the petition to get Pioli to do an interview with Whitlock. The KC fanbase needs this!

Damn good idea. Helps Mr. jwhit and helps us.

I say forward march on this idea pronto and let no candy wrapper be spared.

FAX

jwhit
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Scott, your first significant personnel decision after landing the job was identifying Matt Cassel as Kansas City's franchise quarterback? Was that a mistake? Why is his record so poor against playoff teams? His one victory over a playoff team was a 7-9 Seattle squad that backed into the playoffs.

KC Hawks
10-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Picking up candy wrappers is more important than finding a QB.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 02:02 PM
His one victory over a playoff team was a 7-9 Seattle squad that backed into the playoffs.

and then he backed into the pro bowl.

jwhit
10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Eric Winston f---ing slandered the very people supporting this football team and they let Pioli walk on this issue. Pioli was in the stadium. Did he hear significant number of Chiefs fans cheering Cassel's injury?

ModSocks

Scott Pioli:

"Well Jason, it was a very emotional game and Winston's comments were made out of sheer emotion. I've spoke with Winston regarding the incident and we'll leave it at that".

BossChief
Jason, they gave you plenty of ammo for your next article.

Burn this mother down.

jwhit
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Scott, Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star wrote a fascinating article Arrowhead Anxiety that suggested you spend too much micromanaging things that don't matter and bullying people. Are your priorities misguided? Is the candy wrapper story true? Did you listen to Haley's telephone conversations?

ModSocks
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Scott, your first significant personnel decision after landing the job was identifying Matt Cassel as Kansas City's franchise quarterback? Was that a mistake? Why is his record so poor against playoff teams? His one victory over a playoff team was a 7-9 Seattle squad that backed into the playoffs.

"No i don't feel that it was a mistake. Matt Cassel is a good QB and he's trying to get better. It's not just him. The whole team needs to get better, and i need to do a better job of putting together a better team. It's not fair to place all the blame on Matt Cassel"

FAX
Eric Winston f---ing slandered the very people supporting this football team and they let Pioli walk on this issue. Pioli was in the stadium. Did he hear significant number of Chiefs fans cheering Cassel's injury?

We get it. You're right. Unquestionably.

So call the bastard out. Make him speak with you or admit he's hiding. Imagine the press, Mr. jwhit when the national media finds out he refuses to give you an interview for fear of what may be discussed.

My God ... it would be sufficiently career enhancing to you that you would never have to pay for sex again!

FAX

Hammock Parties
Jason, they gave you plenty of ammo for your next article.

Burn this mother down.

This mother is already burning.

Thanks for all your work over the years, Jason.

You've done the heavy lifting in bringing a known NFL terrorist to justice.

Titty Meat
Jason please call into 610 and show these dumbasses what journalism is.

siberian khatru

This is where you really have to go toe-to-toe with him and pin him down, because any criticism of Cassel, he will respond with 2010 -- playoff berth, Pro Bowl, 27/7 TD/INT ratio, etc. Pioli will say "We've seen Matt play at a high level before," blah blah blah.

You really have to dig into Clay's "Declaration of Independence Mo." post here to get to the truth behind those numbers, to show what a mirage that season was.

KC Hawks
"What is the 'Patriot Way' besides having Tom Brady as your QB?"

ModSocks
10-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Scott, Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star wrote a fascinating article Arrowhead Anxiety that suggested you spend too much micromanaging things that don't matter and bullying people. Are your priorities misguided? Is the candy wrapper story true? Did you listen to Haley's telephone conversations?

"First off, these acquisations are absolutely false. I try not to listen to these rumors. It's not healthy. I hear them, but i do my best to not let them consume me."

jwhit
10-17-2012, 02:07 PM
"What is the 'Patriot Way' besides having Tom Brady as your QB?"

Bingo

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
"First off, these acquisations are absolutely false. I try not to listen to these rumors. It's not healthy. I hear them, but i do my best to not let them consume me."

Well f*ck, lets just interview Detoxing...

Which proves the point of... you can't judge Pioli off anything he says in an interview because it's all bland bullsh*t.

Judge him on his record and his personell decisions.

ModSocks
10-17-2012, 02:09 PM
This is where you really have to go toe-to-toe with him and pin him down, because any criticism of Cassel, he will respond with 2010 -- playoff berth, Pro Bowl, 27/7 TD/INT ratio, etc. Pioli will say "We've seen Matt play at a high level before," blah blah blah.

You really have to dig into Clay's "Declaration of Independence Mo." post here to get to the truth behind those numbers, to show what a mirage that season was.

No he won't.

He knows better than to badger the fans with that nonsense.

He'll simply respond with a "Well, Matt Cassel needs to get better, he knows that, and he's working hard everyday to get better. We all are".

jwhit
10-17-2012, 02:10 PM
SaveOurChiefs needs to come up with its 10 Questions for Pioli.... Maybe the banner for Oakland should focus on bringing Pioli to justice in front of the fans instead of hand-picked media puppets. No one has answered for Eric Winston slandering this fan base.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Jason please call into 610 and show these dumbasses what journalism is.

this

1ChiefsDan
10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
SaveOurChiefs needs to come up with its 10 Questions for Pioli.... Maybe the banner for Oakland should focus on bringing Pioli to justice in front of the fans instead of hand-picked media puppets. No one has answered for Eric Winston slandering this fan base.

Start a poll pr

ModSocks

It does't matter what questions you have for Pioli. He will answer them in a bland, generic way.

Doesn't matter what you ask or how you ask it or even who asks it.

The dude is a damn robot and rehearses this shit in front of a mirror.

He's been spewing the same exact answers for a hundred different questions for 4 years now.

FAX

Jason ... don't be afraid. Call this bastard out.

This could be the story of the season if you handle it correctly. Think about it, at least.

Don't pass this off to Saveourchiefs. This is a job for a journalist. This is a job for Jason Whitlock: Speaker Of Truth. Defender Of The People. Destroyer Of GMs.

FAX

Hammock Parties
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Pioli is a coward. He is not going to do anything more to humiliate himself before he slinks out of town with his ill-gotten Hunt gains.

I think he'll be fired as soon as the 8th or 9th loss hits.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Pioli is so scared he didnt want to do any interviews live...all prerecorded.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Jason ... don't be afraid. Call this bastard out.

This could be the story of the season if you handle it correctly. Think about it, at least.

Don't pass this off to Saveourchiefs. This is a job for a journalist. This is a job for Jason Whitlock: Speaker Of Truth. Defender Of The People. Destroyer Of GMs.

FAX

Honestly FAX nobody gives a shit about the Chiefs except Kansas City. Unless Whitlock can find something on Pioli to start a big ass scandal... it's not going to be any big career move for whitlock to get involved anymore than he already is.

(although I'm loving what he's doing)

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM

If we put together the 10 questions, would you be the face to ask them and develop follow ups?

He has done 1 on 1s with Jack Harry, how about you?

Tribal Warfare
Pioli is so scared he didnt want to do any interviews live...all prerecorded.

Like Cassel can't handle the pressure upfront.

Coogs
I still think he needs to be asked why the best players on this team still belong to the Peterson regime?

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Honestly FAX nobody gives a shit about the Chiefs except Kansas City. Unless Whitlock can find something on Pioli to start a big ass scandal... it's not going to be any big career move for whitlock to get involved anymore than he already is.

(although I'm loving what he's doing)

You're missing the point. It wouldn't be about "Kansas City" or the "Chiefs". It would be about "Jason Whitlock" requesting an interview with "Scott Pioli" who promptly dodges (as I expect).

There is meat in that storyline. Red meat.

FAX

ModSocks
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
If we put together the 10 questions, would you be the face to ask them and develop follow ups?

He has done 1 on 1s with Jack Harry, how about you?

Do this:

Put together 10 Questions, and then honestly answer them yourself as if you were Pioli.

Then decide if it's even worth pursuing.

You can't force the guy into saying something he doesn't WANT to say. He's proven that already.

Your efforts are better spent somewhere else.

Bwana
10-17-2012, 02:18 PM
That would be the question to ask, but it would take some stones to ask it. I think that's where the problem comes into play.

ModSocks
I still think he needs to be asked why the best players on this team still belong to the Peterson regime?

"Well I think we have a lot of good players on this team. Now, they can all improve and they all need to play up to their abilities on a consistent level. It's also my job to bring the best players onto the team, and i have to do a better job of that".

FAX
(You ever have those moments when you know you're absolutely, 100% right about something because you've had a major "aha", mountain-top experience like God himself is speaking to you in a clear voice and directing your thoughts and actions but nobody will listen to you?)

Flustrating.

FAX

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
would have been great for someone to ask why the 49ers could hire one coach and instantly become one of the best teams in the nfl, while we are on our second coach and are 1-5...

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Do this:

Put together 10 Questions, and then honestly answer them yourself as if you were Pioli.

Then decide if it's even worth pursuing.

You can't force the guy into saying something he doesn't WANT to say. He's proven that already.

Your efforts are better spent somewhere else.
Go listen to the Jack Harry 1 on 1 interviews...he answers the questions when its in person and the interviewer is allowed follow up questions and he can no longer hide.

alpha_omega
10-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Yep...that is the one that really needs to be asked.

I think he had the right idea, but he picked the wrong guy.

Rain Man
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Eh, I've got nothing against Winston. I think he misunderstood what was happening and reacted to it. He's probably a bit embarrassed about it now, and he's on our side. I say we let bygones be bygones and just ask him to please start pancaking more. In the next interview, I want to hear him say, "I'm pancakin', pattna", and we'll all have a laugh about it.

ModSocks
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Go listen to the Jack Harry 1 on 1 interviews...he answers the questions when its in person and the interviewer is allowed follow up questions and he can no longer hide.

I have YET to hear an answer that isn't generic or redirected. Not one. For every 20 questions you might have, he has about 5 answers that will cover them all.

ModSocks
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
would have been great for someone to ask why the 49ers could hire one coach and instantly become one of the best teams in the nfl, while we are on our second coach and are 1-5...

C'mon....this is too easy....

"Well I think Jim is doing an outstanding job up there, and it's certainly a level of success that we would like to achieve"

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Eh, I've got nothing against Winston. I think he misunderstood what was happening and reacted to it. He's probably a bit embarrassed about it now, and he's on our side. I say we let bygones be bygones and just ask him to please start pancaking more. In the next interview, I want to hear him say, "I'm pancakin', pattna", and we'll all have a laugh about it.

IMO, he can hit the road like L.J.

He's jerkoff media whore that insulted every fan of the Chiefs.

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:27 PM
IMO, he can hit the road like L.J.

He's jerkoff media whore that insulted every fan of the Chiefs.

ROFL

I can't help noticing that you have recently developed a tendency toward literalism that is second to none, Mr. DaneMcCloud.

As for Winston, there has to be some way to exact vengeance on that self-righteous bastard. I just haven't figured it out yet.

FAX

Coogs
"Well I think we have a lot of good players on this team. Now, they can all improve and they all need to play up to their abilities on a consistent level. It's also my job to bring the best players onto the team, and i have to do a better job of that".

Yes we do. Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, and Flowers. All of them are Peterson's boys. You, by your own admission, were the brains behind the building of the Pat's dynasty. Why have you failed at building anything here in KC given the peices that Peterson left in place for you?

jwhit
You have an embattled GM and everyone's tone with him during an interview was sympathetic.

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
You're driving me crazy, Mr. jwhit.

It's like you're poking us with a stick.

You should use the stick and, rather than prod we poor, hapless fans, wind up and shove it up Pioli's ass.

FAX

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 02:30 PM
He may have come off looking even worse.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2012, 02:31 PM
You have an embattled GM and everyone's tone with him during an interview was sympathetic.

The Star interview seemed to hit pretty hard, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 02:31 PM

That's because outside of you (and recently, Babb & Mellinger), the media is afraid of what might happen if they were to criticize Pioli or the Hunts.

It's ridiculous.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
The Star interview seemed to hit pretty hard, IMO.

Not hard enough, IMO.

Jason's right: Every question that he posed in this thread should have been asked.

Also, why didn't anyone ask him specifics on how to get better? Why didn't anyone ask him if he felt a first round QB was necessary in order to improve this franchise and if he says, "No", why not?

This "we've got to work harder" nonsense is just that: Nonsense.

siberian khatru
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM
No he won't.

He knows better than to badger the fans with that nonsense.

He'll simply respond with a "Well, Matt Cassel needs to get better, he knows that, and he's working hard everyday to get better. We all are".

You keep pushing.

How much better? Was 2010 good enough? If he returns to that level will you be satisfied? Because he didn't beat any playoff teams (save 7-9 Seattle) that year, and he was horrible in the playoff game against Baltimore.

Matt Cassel is 30 years old and has started 59 games over the last five years. He's been working hard and trying to get better all that time. How much longer does he get to reach the level you expect?

1ChiefsDan
10-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Not hard enough, IMO.

Jason's right: Every question that he posed in this thread should have been asked.

Also, why didn't anyone ask him specifics on how to get better? Why didn't anyone ask him if he felt a first round QB was necessary in order to improve this franchise and if he says, "No", why not?

Petro asked the QB question. He answered that it is no more important now than in the past. Have to build a good team, not just QB:banghead::banghead:.

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Not hard enough, IMO.

Definitely not.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Petro asked the QB question. He answered that it is no more important now than in the past. Have to build a good team, not just QB:banghead::banghead:.

LMAO

Oh boy, really?

That's a fireable offense, IMO.

:D

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
LOL

Oh boy, really?

Pap. Pap for the masses.

He thinks we're morons.

Hell, maybe we are.

FAX

Rasputin
10-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Jason, you need to go back on ESPN or even NFL net, it's the only way. I don't care what show just get on there. Get a segment and call out Scott Pioli. It would be so bad ass if you could and would. THANK YOU very much if you can. And all you do for support.

Let's rid this cancer Scott Pioli and Matt Cassell.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Jason you need to replace Rome on FOX Sports Radio.

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Jason, you need to go back on ESPN or even NFL net, it's the only way. I don't care what show just get on there. Get a segment and call out Scott Pioli. It would be so bad ass if you could and would. THANK YOU very much if you can. And all you do for support.

Let's rid this cancer Scott Pioli and Matt Cassell.

Yes.

And yes.

Mr. KC Tattoo is absolutely right.

This is the answer to our prayers. Make him hide and cower and cringe and huddle under his desk in an effort to avoid exposure as the incompetent, megalomaniacal assclown he is.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Jason, I have a serious question for you, which you may or may not have the answer:

Why is the national media so polite to Pioli, Cassel and the Hunt Family in general?

This is a team that hasn't won anything of note since January 1994 and nothing of significance since 1971. Yet, the talking heads out there never call out the Chiefs, never call out Pioli and never call out the Hunts. But, it's okay to call out Woody Johnson or Rex or Jerry Jones, etc. I just don't get it, especially when I see someone like Bill Cowher state that he'd back Matt Cassel. Really, Bill?

I can understand the NFL Network not dogging the Trio of Doom but the other networks and rags have a responsibility, at least in IMO, be objective about the Chiefs failures.

Why aren't they criticizing them?

Coogs
10-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Scott, are you aware of Cassel 3:16? And do you realize 3:16 has transformed into 3-18?

Rasputin
10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Hell ya Mr. FAX, Pioli can't hide from the mass media. He can dodge local media just fine or talk down to us like we are pessents. He can't dodge the truth on national TV. Heck Rome is burning on Fox would be a start. Light the FIRE.

DaWolf
10-17-2012, 02:54 PM

Well to be fair, you better have a good team AND a good QB. That's what I took from the answer, and I agree 100%. We're all focused on the QB because it has sucked for so long, and because it is almost impossible to win anything of note without a good QB. But once you have that QB, you better have a good team around him too. There are very few QBs that will carry a team all by themselves. You could argue Manning and Brady. I don't see anyone else in the league who can carry a crappy team on their back by elevating the level of play around them to such an extent. The likelihood is if we draft a QB and he's any good, at best we'll have a Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco on our hands. And those guys are not the uber elite. They are quite good QBs who can carry a team for stretches but still need a good cast around them to have a shot in the playoffs.

The problem obviously is that Pioli has failed at both...

Rasputin
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
"We are stupid fans" Jason you are part of the media we need you out there for our voice. Get on the networks and make noise. Make our voice loud and clear Scott Pioli and his Patriot failing ways are not acceptable.

Point out the stats and all the damning evidence pointed out in the declaration thread that Cassells Reckoning pointed out.

Chiefspants
10-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Jason, I have a serious question for you, which you may or may not have the answer:

Why is the national media so polite to Pioli, Cassel and the Hunt Family in general?

This is a team that hasn't won anything of note since January 1994 and nothing of significance since 1971. Yet, the talking heads out there never call out the Chiefs, never call out Pioli and never call out the Hunts. But, it's okay to call out Woody Johnson or Rex or Jerry Jones, etc. I just don't get it, especially when I see someone like Bill Cowher state that he'd back Matt Cassel. Really, Bill?

I can understand the NFL Network not dogging the Trio of Doom but the other networks and rags have a responsibility, at least in IMO, be objective about the Chiefs failures.

The love toward the Hunt family has started to sour since the passing of Lamar, just last year I read a forbes article that called Clark the seventh worst owner in the NFL. Pioli is also starting to get hit with criticism, as another Fox Sports writer eviscerated the Patriot way in an article yesterday. (Though uninformed fans blasted her in the comments with claims that Brady would have been nothing without the Patriots' system.)

It's slow, but the tide is indeed beginning to turn.

Sources:

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-tom-brady-so-good-former-patriots-scott-pioli-romeo-crennel-josh-mcdaniels-charlie-weis-wrongly-declared-geniuses-101612

Sorter
10-17-2012, 04:49 PM
LMAO

Oh boy, really?

This.

-King-
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
How exactly is Winston underperforming?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
10-17-2012, 05:09 PM

Sounds like a good article to me.

Easy 6
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Sounds like a good article to me.

It sure does, run with it Jason.

Its a damn fair question & one that needs to be answered.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Jason, you should write something satirical about how Scott Pioli is more fun to kick around than any previous clown employed by this franchise.

The 80s Chiefs sucked but only lost in the playoffs by 20, instead of 23, and didn't set franchise records for blowout losses.

The 90s Chiefs never won shit, but look like a dynasty compared to the Pioli Chiefs.

Gunther was, at the very least, .500 after two seasons.

Dick Vermeil was a joke, but actually sold season tickets.

Herm sucked, but at least he could bring in some talent (that Pioli has stolen for no good).

We kicked around all these clowns, but Pioli is the biggest clown of ALL.

So please, don't fire him...he's too much fun to kick around.

Scott Pioli: The Biggest Loser

(congrats on the weight loss, Scott)

bobbything
10-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Asking any of these questions to Pioli is futile. You will not get anything resembling an authentic, genuine answer. I think these questions should be asked of Clark Hunt. Make him evaluate Pioli and the team.

Not that that would necessarily get anywhere but Pioli has demonstrated that no legitimate answer will be given to any question. Like my grandfather always said, "Everyone has a boss." I say go after Pioli's boss.

lcarus
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Whitlock - I'm sure someone already asked this question, but it's one you probably know the answer to. When Pioli does these interviews with the media, does he tell them beforehand what questions they CANNOT ask? For instance, would Pioli say "I will only grant you this interview IF you don't talk about blah blah blah"? I could totally see him pulling some bullshit like that.

bowener
10-17-2012, 09:43 PM
If Pioli or any person being interviewed likes to give bullshit cliche answers and dance around the truth, why not just state that right out of the gate? I know it might be shooting yourself in the foot, but why not just call them out right away? It might at least make them think about their answers a bit more.

Just ask him why they like to play coy and give empty answers to real questions that the fans are deeply worried and passionate about. It really feels disingenuous and damn near insulting for Pioli to just glaze over major issues. Of course he will jsut get pissed and call the interview over.

FAX
10-17-2012, 10:28 PM
If Pioli or any person being interviewed likes to give bullshit cliche answers and dance around the truth, why not just state that right out of the gate? I know it might be shooting yourself in the foot, but why not just call them out right away? It might at least make them think about their answers a bit more.

Just ask him why they like to play coy and give empty answers to real questions that the fans are deeply worried and passionate about. It really feels disingenuous and damn near insulting for Pioli to just glaze over major issues. Of course he will jsut get pissed and call the interview over.

I have a theory about what you're describing, Mr. bowener. These types of "interviews" are the perpetuation of a corrupt, over-produced, and over-polished game that's been played out in the news/sports media for decades. It's a wink, wink, nod, nod, Bob's-your-uncle conspiratorial collaboration between subject and questioner as each performs his respective, conventional role which occasions a premeditated outcome, presents a calculated, contrived message, and generates the ultimate, intended, financial benefit to both parties.

But, as audiences mature and their needs change (due to a variety of factors - not the least of which is the increased frequency and prevalence of "reality" television and the internets), this false semi-theater will become more and more transparent and will eventually jump the shark. Audiences will begin to require and, therefore, demand more "raw", spontaneous news while rejecting canned, treated, and processed information. This will require that a new breed of reporter emerge, however; the kind we haven't seen in many years.

The wheel of life turns on, however, and nothing is ever truly "new". Eventually, the cycle will turn back upon itself to the kind of reporting that was common in the print media a century or more ago when honest answers were demanded of honest questions as electronic media outlets find themselves competing on the basis of who can generate more informational value in the shortest amount of time.

Meanwhile, though, all we can do is settle for drivel in place of substance and read between the lines.

FAX

Simply Red
10-17-2012, 10:33 PM
jwhit -

Do you have a Cartier wallet?

Ty

wazu
10-17-2012, 10:42 PM
One of the most incredible sub-plots to all of this whole ordeal is the return of Whitlock as a conquering hero. Keep bringing it, jwhit. This town is buzzing. Appreciating the voice you bring to the fans.

KcMizzou
10-17-2012, 10:42 PM
You have an embattled GM and everyone's tone with him during an interview was sympathetic.The guys who interviewed him were clearly scared to death. Intimidated. They talk all kinds of shit day to day, but when they got face to face with the man... it was very different.

I understand, they're afraid for their jobs. But they need to understand the fans are on their side now. The first guy with some balls becomes a local hero. Kent Babb did it, but only really tightened the screws when he had a foot out the door.

Pioli's powerful, but he can't touch the power of the people.

CaliforniaChief
10-17-2012, 10:43 PM
The Chiefs had unquestionably one of the best drafts in modern history in 2008. In one draft, the team landed their starting LT, 2 starting QB's, and an MVP-level RB. You promptly fired those responsible for that draft. How would you compare your draft classes to that one?

Are the Chiefs better off than they were 4 years ago?

Simply Red
10-17-2012, 10:43 PM
jwhit is how i landed here on CP to begin with. So flame him now for that.

FAX
10-17-2012, 10:44 PM
The guys who interviewed him were clearly scared to death. Intimidated. They talk all kinds of shit day to day, but when they got face to face with the man... is was very different.

I understand, they're afraid for their jobs. But they need to understand the fans are on their side now. The first guy with some balls becomes a local hero.

Pioli's powerful, but he can't touch the power of the people.

And the Yeps keep rainin' down.

FAX

lcarus
10-17-2012, 10:50 PM
One of the most incredible sub-plots to all of this whole ordeal is the return of Whitlock as a conquering hero. Keep bringing it, jwhit. This town is buzzing. Appreciating the voice you bring to the fans.

Agreed. Keep pressing jwhit. Help us salvage our Chiefs.

Simply Red
10-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah thanks Jason.

Psyko Tek
10-18-2012, 12:00 AM

considering his blocking I think he really hates any QB in the game

Psyko Tek
10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
ROFL

I can't help noticing that you have recently developed a tendency toward literalism that is second to none, Mr. DaneMcCloud.

As for Winston, there has to be some way to exact vengeance on that self-righteous bastard. I just haven't figured it out yet.

FAX

we can make him play for the chiefs

Bugeater
10-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Mr Pioli, is your mom a whore?

10-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Whitlock - I'm sure someone already asked this question, but it's one you probably know the answer to. When Pioli does these interviews with the media, does he tell them beforehand what questions they CANNOT ask? For instance, would Pioli say "I will only grant you this interview IF you don't talk about blah blah blah"? I could totally see him pulling some bullshit like that.

I think any reporter worth a grain of salt would tell him to pound sand then go on the record with why Pioli would't grant the interview.

10-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Can't remember which one it was but there was a point in the interview I thought he was going to do just that.

Might have been the Star one because he was very uncomfortable with the questions in that one.

chiefs1111
10-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Does he still fill in for Jim Rome at all??

el borracho
10-18-2012, 12:45 AM
1. Have you identified the problem?
2. Are you the right guy to correct the problem?
3. When should we expect to see improvement?

bowener
10-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Who would you hire to replace you?

10-18-2012, 12:53 AM
1. Have you identified the problem?
2. Are you the right guy to correct the problem?
3. When should we expect to see improvement?

softball questions.

10-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Who would you hire to replace you?

Heh, so we know who NOT to look at.

Caseyguyrr
10-18-2012, 01:14 AM
heres the question i wanted asked:

Will you admit that bringing Matt Cassel to Kansas City was a mistake?

crazycoffey
10-18-2012, 01:17 AM

I doubt you would cuss during a press conference....

rabblerouser
10-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Scott, did you and Todd Haley disagree about Matt Cassel? Did Haley have a visceral need to pursue a BETTER quarterback to replace Matt Cassel?

fixed

notorious
10-18-2012, 07:27 AM
They are scared of him.

bowener
10-18-2012, 08:35 AM
heres the question i wanted asked:

Will you admit that bringing Matt Cassel to Kansas City was a mistake?

Go at it harder.

Trading for and paying Matt Cassel $63 million was clearly a mistake. How do you mentally move on from that as you prepare to find a new starting QB for KC?

That would force him to either say that Matty wasn't a mistake or was. He would definitely say he wasn't a mistake, which then opens him up for a bashing since piles of stats and video say otherwise.

If he ever made it to answering the actual question, that would be fascinating to hear.

Molitoth
10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Trading for and paying Matt Cassel $63 million was clearly a mistake. How do you mentally move on from that as you prepare to find a new starting QB for KC?

lol I can hear Pioli now....

Well if you remember, Matt had a great season in 2010 throwing 27 TD's and only 7 INT's playing smart football. He also made the pro bowl that season. I don't see why you are saying it was a mistake.... blah blah.

Good question though. Pioli is a master at not answering questions the way we want to hear them answered.

bowener
10-18-2012, 09:00 AM
lol I can hear Pioli now....

Well if you remember, Matt had a great season in 2010 throwing 27 TD's and only 7 INT's playing smart football. He also made the pro bowl that season. I don't see why you are saying it was a mistake.... blah blah.

Good question though. Pioli is a master at not answering questions the way we want to hear them answered.

I know he wouldn't answer it, but it opens him up to all the questions we want to ask him about Matt Cassel, and all the questions he so badly wants to avoid.

Preface questions with facts before them would be a terrific way to put Pioli in awkward positions. Another example:

Based solely on his level of play and performance on the field, your first pick as a KC Chief, Tyson Jackson, hasn't been an impact player for the Chiefs. Does the blame for drafting him #3 overall lie more with the scouts or ultimately with you as the General Manager?

He can't answer that at all really. If he says scouts, then you can ask why he hired them/hand picked them. He might answer that by saying they weren't his scouts or something since they were hold overs form Petersen era (I think?).

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Scott, did you and Todd Haley disagree about Matt Cassel? Did Haley want to pursue a veteran quarterback to replace Matt Cassel?

Jwhit, are you down with Geno?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 09:48 AM
LMAO

Oh boy, really?

He really did say that shit, and it's absolutely sickening. Pioli knows jack AND shit.

raybec 4
10-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I heard a clip this morning where he was asked "Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson." He said he hadn't seen them yet. If that's true he has no intention of drafting a first round QB.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I heard a clip this morning where he was asked "Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson." He said he hadn't seen them yet. If that's true he has no intention of drafting a first round QB.

Beside that, it's fucking stupid.

He's the GM of an NFL team and "supposedly" a former scout that's been on the road scouting.

Are you going to tell me that a team with Matt Cassel at the helm should be looking at all available game film of the highest rated college QB's?

He's a clueless fucking asshole.

Dave Lane
10-18-2012, 11:54 AM

If he answers he and I high fived for 10 minutes what is your follow up?

Buehler445
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Beside that, it's fucking stupid.

He's the GM of an NFL team and "supposedly" a former scout that's been on the road scouting.

Are you going to tell me that a team with Matt Cassel at the helm should be looking at all available game film of [strike[the highest rated[/strike] ALL college And Free AgentQB's?

He's a clueless fucking asshole.

Fixed. And yeah, he's either clueless or lying like a dog. Either way, asshole and the worst thing for this franchise.