PDA

View Full Version : Science Special power that you like to have

Msmith
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
If you can just pick one special power, what would that be?

For me, I like to have the mind reading ability.

By the way, I also like to mention that the lamest special ability is invisibility. Yes, some of you guys may like to use it to sneak into some shower rooms, but if the driver of the speeding Porsche doesn't see you, oh well...

In58men
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Invisibility.

Stay on sidewalks dumbass

Iowanian
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
mind reading.

In58men
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Able to read the future.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Invisibility.

Stay on sidewalks dumbass

Yeah, that wins.

Flight would be pretty badass, as would invulnerability and/or super strength.

But invisibility would just rock. I'm not even speaking to shower rooms and such (that would get boring).

Look at mere sports potential - watching baseball games from center field. Watching football games from mid-field. The standard 'theft' stuff would be nice.

I just love the potential with invisibility.

Woodchuck
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Ever heard of Longshot?

In the comics he had a "dumb luck" power. It's like he could call on luck. For example, he could walk into a convienence store and win $50,000 if he needed cash. He could shoot acurately from half a mile if he needed to. He could flick a quarter into a juke box from across the room. You get the idea. I always thought he was the collest of the X-men.

jiveturkey
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Being able the see future would be tits.

suds79
10-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Being able the see future would be tits.

Would it?

"Oh snap the Chiefs won't ever in win a SB in my lifetime."

"Man Geno Smith is fun to watch. It's exciting to think we could finally have our franchise QB!! What? He sucks after all? Shoot."

"So the world really is going to end in December. Well that sucks."

I'll take the ability to teleport. That's really my cheater way around flying. I hate flying. This way i avoid the heights, am there in an instant and get to travel around the world.

noa
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
I think teleportation

seclark
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
two more vertebrae.
sec

CanadianChief
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
The ability to heal would be pretty cool. Kinda like Michael Clark Duncan from The Green Mile but without hacking up a lung afterwards.

cosmo20002
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
mind reading.

That caused nothing but problems for Sookie. And you probably already know what most people think of you.

jiveturkey
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Teleportation ain't bad. I'd get a bad ass space suit and travel the galaxy.

Seeing the future would allow you to pick stocks, have the upper hand in gambling, avoid death....

Chief Gump
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
That caused nothing but problems for Sookie. And you probably already know what most people think of you.

Yes but if you could read their mind you would know what you could say or do to change their minds.

Bearcat
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
I'd like the ability to make other people smarter, like that invisible guy who's standing in the middle of the fucking highway.

Rain Man
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Ever heard of Longshot?

In the comics he had a "dumb luck" power. It's like he could call on luck. For example, he could walk into a convienence store and win $50,000 if he needed cash. He could shoot acurately from half a mile if he needed to. He could flick a quarter into a juke box from across the room. You get the idea. I always thought he was the collest of the X-men.

That's a really cool superpower. It's almost like being superman, but it's not the same. You can make a bullet miss you, but you can't rescue someone inside a burning volcano. You can have the door to locker room fall off, but you can't use x-ray vision to look inside. Maybe Lex Luthor could kill you, but his laser gun gets tripped over and unplugged as he's about to shoot.

What a fun superpower, and it's cool to have control over it, too.

cosmo20002
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes but if you could read their mind you would know what you could say or do to change their minds.

I meant Iowanianianianian specifically. I don't think he's going to be changing any minds.

suds79
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Okay now that wouldn't be too bad at all.

Scene: Guy in a bar...

Guy - "Hey how's it goin?"

Girl - She turns towards him

Guy then walks away before she even finishes her sentence if it won't go well. :P. Next.

expedite the process.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2012, 03:10 PM
control time

Iowanian
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM

I don't watch jersey snore, sorry.

Most people love me, because I'm not an ubber-douche like you.

If I can pick an ancillary super power, I'd like to be able to look at any woman, curl my lip or wiggle my nose and make them O on the spot.

It would be worth if for the entertainment value in awkward situations.
I'd probably mostly use it to make my wait shorter in stores during Christmas shopping. Drop the entire line and move right to the front.

jiveturkey
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Okay now that wouldn't be too bad at all.

Scene: Guy in a bar...

Guy - "Hey how's it goin?"

Girl - She turns towards him

Guy then walks away before she even finishes her sentence if it won't go well. :P. Next.

expedite the process.That's where seeing the future helps. You're going to know who you're pokin' later. No need to waste time with the rejection.

Then again you're also going to have a shit pile of money from lottery wins, gambling and playing the stock market so seeing the future should involve a lot of shallow gold digging tail.

Buehler445
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Ability to stop time. Then you could go into the shower AND cop a feel.

Iowanian
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Ability to stop time. Then you could go into the shower AND cop a feel.

what would you do, move the clock forward 10 minutes during the pause so they didn't know about your premature issue?

Msmith
10-18-2012, 03:15 PM
For invisibility power:

You walk into a crowded bar, "whack", a pool stick just smacks your head side way.

So you are walking on the sidewalk, someone from above just dumps a bucket of piss on top of you and claims that he doesn't see anybody below.

tooge
10-18-2012, 03:20 PM
ability to fly. I'd be the most kickass wideout in the history of the NFL. I'd be the most kickass centerfielder in the history of baseball, and I'd be the most kickass player to ever play in the NBA.

tooge
10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd also like the power to remove a gm from office in the NFL along with the power to draft whomever I choose.

Braincase
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I think teleportation

Yep. Jumper for the win.

Bewbies
10-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Teleportation or time travel.

If not that a flying carpet.

ModSocks
Hrmmmm.......

Ima go with Mind Control.

DJ's left nut
ability to fly. I'd be the most kickass wideout in the history of the NFL. I'd be the most kickass centerfielder in the history of baseball, and I'd be the most kickass player to ever play in the NBA.

Until you got locked in a box and the US Government spent the remainder of your life running experiments on you after you mysteriously 'died'.

Nah, gimme something that can be badass without being obvious.

Bewbies
Let me try again.

I'd like that pill Bradley Cooper takes in Limitless without the side effects.

ModSocks
10-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Hrmmmm.......

Ima go with Mind Control.

Yeah, this is by far the coolest.

This trumps invisability.

Don't need to sneak into the stadium to watch the game. Use your psychokinetic power to convince security to let you in, then do the same to the coach to let you stand on the sideline.

Don't need to watch the showers. Just MC the chicks to blow you.

Don't need to rob Banks. Just MC people to withdraw cash and give it to you.

See what i mean?

CoMoChief
10-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Be like Professor X and control people's minds.

you could do a lot of damage with that. LMAO

suds79
10-18-2012, 03:32 PM
That's where seeing the future helps. You're going to know who you're pokin' later. No need to waste time with the rejection.

Then again you're also going to have a shit pile of money from lottery wins, gambling and playing the stock market so seeing the future should involve a lot of shallow gold digging tail.

Hard to argue against that.

I suppose you could sneak a peak at future events you want to see. :)

Just because you have a power doesn't mean you have to look at everything.

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Don't need to sneak into the stadium to watch the game. Use your psychokinetic power to convince security to let you in, then do the same to the coach to let you stand on the sideline.

See what i mean?

This.

Msmith
10-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I still think mind reading is awesome.

For example:

So the girl says love you huh? Check out her brain again.

Rivers is going to pass to Matthews....

I agree that mind control is cool. You see Rivers is going to pass and you make him to fumble....ha ha ha...

Rain Man
10-18-2012, 03:40 PM
It does seem like mind control is the winner. It beats your enemies, gets you chicks and money, and you get really good service at restaurants.

Frazod
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
The ability to utilize 100% of the abilities of my own mind. That would open up numerous other abilities (super-intelligence, telepathy, telekineses, self-healing, who knows?). Super genius with force powers. That would rock.

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
I had to write a short story in a Women's Lit class and for whatever reason the stipulation was it had to involve a character who was immortal.

So I set it up with a football player who wasn't a freak athlete, but was invulnerable to all sorts of damage.

At least I thought I was clever.

jiveturkey
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Mind control definitely gives you all of the results that you get with seeing the future but also adds in total control over the future.

Teleportation would be the back up choice for me.

suds79
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM
It does seem like mind control is the winner. It beats your enemies, gets you chicks and money, and you get really good service at restaurants.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h7l8rWfLAus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM

See what i mean?

Actually - you screwed this up a bit.

You don't need to even control minds to let you into the stadium - you could control minds to the point that they don't even perceive you as being there.

How good am I at this mind control? Can I just throw out some blanket of mind control whereby I'm standing on the 50 and nobody can see me? Does it have to be Jedi-style where I actually tell them that these aren't the droids they're looking for?

Yeah, mind control would be pretty badass, especially if through mind control I can also manipulate bodies.

Okay, I'll concede that one, mind control beats invisibility.

But does it beat teleportation? I think that's the legit question at this point.

DJ's left nut
10-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I had to write a short story in a Women's Lit class and for whatever reason the stipulation was it had to involve a character who was immortal.

So I set it up with a football player who wasn't a freak athlete, but was invulnerable to all sorts of damage.

At least I thought I was clever.

You wrote the script for Unbreakable in a women's lit class?

I guess that explains why that movie sucked ass...

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Never saw Unbreakable though I had read a wiki synopsis of it before I wrote the story.

But that wasn't in my mind at the time. I just decided that immortality = invulnerability so I went with that, with the dramatic point being that if you can't get hurt, can't get sick, don't have to sleep or eat then you're more dead than alive and thus immortality isn't worth it.

SAUTO
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I would like the ability to make the chiefs a great team.

Seems no one has it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM

Mainly it was an action movie with no action. Sort of like how Thin Red Line was a war movie with no war.

pr_capone
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kdZHaImBtvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
mind control. (a more powerful version than detoxing)
=p

Mr. Laz
10-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Teleportation or time travel.

If not that a flying carpet.

stop time ... go wherever you want
go back in time a win the lottery whenever you want
go forward in time and learn any invention(medical,mechanical) and cure/save/rule the world
slow down time and be the best athlete in the world(every pitch would be a uber slow pitch etc)
go back in time IN the time stream making yourself get younger then go forward to your original time OUT of the time stream so you are still young. Live as long as you want.

If i had 3 wishes:

Control Time
Mind control/reading
Shape Changer

(backup - Healing ability)

with these 3 things you could be/do virtually anything you want

WV
10-18-2012, 05:03 PM
The ability to turn random liquids into Anti Freeze...you know where I'm going here. :)

The Franchise
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Ability to control time.

lcarus
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I think it would be cool if nobody could touch me. So it's like invisibility, but you're seen. I could walk in to a supermarket, take a fuckin pineapple, and nobody could do a damn thing about it. Untouchable would be cool. Bullets, rockets, they'd all just go right through me.

Rasputin
10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd like the power to make people do uncontrollably and unconsciously do things. Like make a hottie take off her clothes, or make people like Scott Pioli slap himself silly on an interview. Just control there bodies when ever I feel like having fun with them. What my mind thinks of them to do they do.

John Horseface and Scott Pioli would indeed hurl themselves into a burning aids tree.

Cannibal
10-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Invisibility.

Although telekinesis would be badass as well.

Sorter
10-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Ability to ban BlackBob from life.

tredadda
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Able to read the future.

^ This. By being able to read the future you could make financial decisions that make you money and avoid those that don't. You could also know which women you could hit on and which ones to avoid because of failures etc.....

ElGringo
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Ability to grant wishes, even my own, would trump all the others as I could just wish for one of the others any time I wanted. If I couldn't grant my own wishes, just get myself a trusty sidekick that can wish for the things I need as well.

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM
When I was young it was X ray vision, but now I want to touch so Invisibility would be wonderful.

BlackHelicopters
10-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Mind reading. Oh, and constant erections.

bevischief
10-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Forge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forge_%28comics%29

10-18-2012, 06:22 PM
The power to fire Pioli

JohnnyHammersticks
10-18-2012, 06:51 PM
The ability to Photoshop--so realistically that it fools all experts--a picture of Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel blowing each other in a tight sixty-nine with cocaine and underage hookers.

That way we'd be rid of both of them and Clark wouldn't have to pay any buy-outs.

GloryDayz
10-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Steering meteors!

hometeam
10-18-2012, 07:25 PM
lamest special ability is invisibility. Yes, some of you guys may like to use it to sneak into some shower rooms..

WTF you ARE a mind reader!

Bump
10-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Professor X

then I could rule the world :evil:

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Steering meteors!

Change your location to Klendathu. Right now.

Psyko Tek
10-18-2012, 11:03 PM
to get blow jobs
i ain't fighting crimes but I would be happy

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 11:30 PM
I changed my mind: mind control, or immunity from police action.

Fucking scrub ass roommate owes me $645 and hasn't made a payment in 4 weeks.

AussieChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Probably the ability to read minds or invisiablilty but with the option to choose when it is used.

rtmike
10-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Not very thrilling for most of you and I'm prolly the only one that thinks it's special.

But it'd be kick ass if I could walk again. I guess that would count for "going back in time" power?

JD10367
10-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Transmutation. The ability to morph to look like not only anyone but anything. From Bill Clinton to Megan Fox to a grey wolf to a bald eagle. You'd pretty much be unstoppable.

lazepoo
10-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Being the first transhuman being would be cool. Otherwise I would go for immortality or telekinesis.

Death2CasselFans
10-19-2012, 01:45 AM
mind control

Theres a reason corporations spend trillions of dollars in advertisement get you to buy junk.

immortality

whats the point of having super power if your going to die

Fish
10-19-2012, 02:03 AM
AAARRRRR! Hulk hate Hulk's superpower!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/5553/1324slide.jpg

Woodchuck
10-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Not very thrilling for most of you and I'm prolly the only one that thinks it's special.

But it'd be kick ass if I could walk again. I guess that would count for "going back in time" power?

No, it's special and I think most of us take it for granted. maybe one day technology will get you there.

Inspector
10-19-2012, 07:31 AM
I'd like to be oblong and have my knees removed.

R8RFAN
10-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Ability to be invisible at any time you want to be.

Alec Raenos
10-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Teleportation with no limit on distance.

Would not want to read minds. People are strange and have strange thoughts they may never voice, reading that is probably not the best idea.

Invisibility would be cool if you had the power to turn it on or off and anything you were holding/wearing was also invisible. Running around invisible and naked in the middle of winter doesn't seem like an ideal situation to me.

Flying would be cool except, teleportation gets you there faster and you could always use teleportation to "simulate" flying.

Immortality? Meh, I dont know. Watching everyone you love in every "lifetime" you live grow old and die around you? And really, who really wants to pay taxes....FOREVER?

Invulnerability sort of lends itself to immortality doesn't it? So, no thanks.

Self - healing - see invulnerability.

Dartgod
10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Mimicry.

That way I get ALL of your powers.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I wish I had the ability to make bacon just appear from nowhere without all the hassle.

suds79
10-19-2012, 09:18 AM
AAARRRRR! Hulk hate Hulk's superpower!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/5553/1324slide.jpg

:LOL:

blaise
10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
1960's Movie Actor Power: Punch a guy in the face and it makes loud crack. Then he falls off screen never to reappear.

ThaVirus
10-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm a huge comic book nerd so I've given this kind of shit a lot of thought. A lot of the most popular ones I think just wouldn't be too useful and/or sound a lot more glamorous than they'd actually be.

Super strength? The only real practical application it would have in my life is that I could kick anyone's ass. Not that cool, really.

Flight? Would probably be amazingly fun for the first couple months or so but you'd draw a lot of attention to yourself and most likely spend your days in a government lab somewhere.

Invisibility? Lamest, popular super power ever. I really can't even think of anything useful but sneaking into places you're not supposed to be.

Immortality? You'd get to see all of your loved ones grow old and die right before your eyes. Forever... Fuck all that.

No to all of those for me. A couple that I could think would be useful are rapid healing (Wolverine-style) to be immune to disease and remain youthful for a long ass time, shapeshifting, and the ability to create copies of anything you touched (money becomes more money- you could have whatever you wanted).

For me, it would come down to teleportation, telepathy (with mind-control included, of course), or telekinesis. Even with those three options, teleportation would win by a fucking mile. The ability to be ANYWHERE, at ANY TIME, WHENEVER you want? Shiiiiiitt. Sign me up.

sd4chiefs
10-21-2012, 07:47 AM
The ability to lie so will that I could get people to believe anything I said so that I could get elected President of the United States.

Gary
10-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Put me down for mind control.

Gonzo
10-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Invisibility would be cool, I guess. I'd be rich ino time, and I'd be the most awesomest CIA agent ever. However, the teleportation thing might be cool too. I can see some drawbacks to it, though.
Say you wanna go somewhere like Tahiti and you teleport there. You appear right in front of some guy target shooting or a Mack truck speeding down the highway at 90 mph? You'd have to be damn careful.

KChiefer
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Infinite growth, indestructible penis.

Psyko Tek
10-21-2012, 01:24 PM
I still think mind reading is awesome.

For example:

So the girl says love you huh? Check out her brain again.

Rivers is going to pass to Matthews....

I agree that mind control is cool. You see Rivers is going to pass and you make him to fumble....ha ha ha...

that only works on halloween

Psyko Tek
10-21-2012, 01:35 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/money-best-superpower-ever.jpg

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/money-best-superpower-ever.jpg
brains is just as important as money, especially for ironman