PDA

View Full Version : Football Local HS score - Blue Springs 84 - Lee's Summit 62

Phobia
10-19-2012, 09:27 PM
One guy had over 500 yards of offense for BS. 5 TD rushes of 50+ and a TD catch of 50 exactly. Unbelievable.

tk13
10-19-2012, 09:27 PM
I didn't know you liked high school basketball.

stevieray
10-19-2012, 09:28 PM
wow that's some crappy defenses.

Discuss Thrower
10-19-2012, 09:28 PM
That's Arena league! /Herm

Phobia
10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
wow that's some crappy defenses.
I don't even understand how they had 11 kids standing out there on defense. Somebody is bound to accidentally bump into a ball carrier now and then.

stevieray
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't even understand how they had 11 kids standing out there on defense. Somebody is bound to accidentally bump into a ball carrier now and then.

standing is an understatement...maybe they were too busy texting.

Sully
10-19-2012, 09:36 PM

I was out scouting your guys tonight, and left at halftime. Their opponent couldn't "bump into a ball carrier now and then" either.

CoMoChief
10-19-2012, 09:36 PM
That's what BS does......they score TD's

Phobia
10-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I was out scouting your guys tonight, and left at halftime. Their opponent couldn't "bump into a ball carrier now and then" either.

You know I didn't cover a single HS game this year from the stadium? I just tweeted updates and let our photographer upload his own pics. I don't think anybody even reads the writeups. They care about the scores.

Bugeater
10-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Is Romeo running the defenses?

Phobia
10-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Sully is talking about the drubbing Lee's Summit West just put on Truman... 61-0. They wrapped up an 8-0 season and will have a 1st rd sectional bye.

Sully
10-19-2012, 09:43 PM
You know I didn't cover a single HS game this year from the stadium? I just tweeted updates and let our photographer upload his own pics. I don't think anybody even reads the writeups. They care about the scores.

I didn't realize that. I was keeping an eye out for you from the game.

Last night we played, and I'm one of the coaches points out a guy on our sideline. I thought it was a very tall woman. Long blonde hair and a huge coat, so I couldn't tell it was a guy. It was David Yost from Mizzou. Then I noticed Andy Hill with him.
Hill was at LSW tonight roaming the sidelines. I don't know if he was there just making an appearance for Ramirez, or still working the defensive lineman.

Sully
10-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Sully is talking about the drubbing Lee's Summit West just put on Truman... 61-0. They wrapped up an 8-0 season and will have a 1st rd sectional bye.

47-0 at half.
And they were toying with Truman. Running a ton of gadget stuff to screw with possible playoff opponents.

Phobia
10-19-2012, 09:53 PM
47-0 at half.
And they were toying with Truman. Running a ton of gadget stuff to screw with possible playoff opponents.
Yeah. When your PK and MLB are scoring rushing touchdowns, there's some toying going on. Though, Ramirez does run the ball a bit in goal line situations.

Death2CasselFans
10-20-2012, 12:39 AM
off topic but the state of Missouri does not produce good athletes

Most of our athletes come from Texas, Florida, Califorinia, etc

ColemanM
10-20-2012, 01:18 AM

As someone who has spent the last 9 weeks trying to come up with 300+ word summaries of games this is exactly what I'd rather NOT see... Damn.

Phobia
10-20-2012, 01:23 AM
I wouldn't take my word for it. We stopped printing 9000 copies over 2 years ago and are entirely online now. I'm sure people will read hard copy but they don't click anything but pics and scores online.

ColemanM
10-20-2012, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't take my word for it. We stopped printing 9000 copies over 2 years ago and are entirely online now. I'm sure people will read hard copy but they don't click anything but pics and scores online.

All I've done this year is online..

BWillie
10-20-2012, 02:03 AM
Tackling is optional. Kids are so bad at fundamentals these days. Just spread the field, and chuck it. More space on the field, more difficult for bad tacklers.

J Diddy
10-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Is Romeo running the defenses?

:clap:LMAO

ROYC75
10-20-2012, 10:32 AM
One guy had over 500 yards of offense for BS. 5 TD rushes of 50+ and a TD catch of 50 exactly. Unbelievable.

Nice accomplishment at the HS level, obviously there was little defense.Sounds a lot like my 8th grade grand son this year who had a game this year with 6 TD's , almost 600 combined yards and their team lost 54 - 42.

The team they played was all offense and no defense, as much as our team was.

The biggest play this year I was impressed with was while playing our cross country rival to a 14 - 6 win. The game is 6 - 0 ( us ) he ran the ball from the wildcat for about 15 - 16 yards and fumbled when they tackled him. Pissed him off,as a coach I taught him to let the play go and go out and make the next play, ( not many times he does this at this age, but getting better at it. ) he got back in the huddle and called the defense. He told the team it was his fault and to watch for a dive play up front. As a MLB, he shot the gap, went in hit the guy, wrapped him up, stripped the ball and romped 65 yards for a 12 - 0 lead.

After the game, he came and asked me if I seen the play, I told I did, nice work. He told me he remembered what I taught him 3, 4,& 5 years ago.

Although I was proud of his 6 TD performance ( even though the county & the papers were nuts over it ), it's the little things he remembered as a young lad and applying it into today's games.

6' 5", too tall for a RB, but they used his ability to their strength, as much as too big for MLB at this level. His speed, size, and ability was spot on as a WR on routes, screens & reverses. Playing DE was limiting his pursuit, so MLB was a natural for him since it's what I taught him. Sure he will grow out of this spot depending on his size.

But basketball is his first love. As an 8th grader, he will be playing HS ball this year. Penciled in as a starter on Freshman & JV games and playing off the bench in Varsity games this year.

My goal is to keep him humbled and hungry, the talent is there for Div 1 ball, either football or basketball.

ROYC75
10-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Tackling is optional. Kids are so bad at fundamentals these days. Just spread the field, and chuck it. More space on the field, more difficult for bad tacklers.

This, as I posted previously. You get the D spread out and anybody with above average running skills can rack up yards.

|Zach|
10-20-2012, 10:45 AM
This doesn't happen a whole lot around here. Most games with top teams playing eachother are not shoot outs.

Blue Springs has had some great defenses over the years.

Coogs
10-20-2012, 11:47 AM

That's not too bad of a game, but this kid for Conway Springs rushed for 659 yards on 36 carries, and had 9 TD's last night. Article doesn't report the 9 TD's, but that is what the folks who were at the game are saying. Also reporting the QB on the losing team threw for over 500 yards.

http://www.varsitykansas.com/2012/10/19/39581/conway-springs-wood-rushes-for.html

whoman69
10-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Somebody needs to tell the defenses that the other team's offense won't have their feelings hurt if you tackle them.

suzzer99
10-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Where are you getting that score? http://varsity.kansascity.com/