PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Geno Watch: Will He Bounce Back?

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Last week's subpar (but not a poor) performance by Smith was simply overstated by some fans and media. Geno Smith was 29/55 with 275yp and ZERO INT's but also zero TD's.

To me, when a QB has an off day but isn't throwing INT's, you look at how he bounces back.

Geno & co come up against a run oriented team in K State tonight. WV will need to pass again to win this match up as their opponent is high ranked run stuffer defense.

I look for Geno to have success this time. What ya got?

BoneKrusher
10-20-2012, 12:58 PM
the problem is, his defense cant stop K State's Offense.
edit* they can't stop anyone.

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:00 PM
the problem is, his defense cant stop K State's Offense.

Eh, I would say they match up well in this one, bone. They will get their points, yes, but I don't think they will be able to match Smith all night. They'll try to get to him with blitzing, but Smith has shown he can make defenses pay for that.

BoneKrusher
10-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Eh, I would say they match up well in this one, bone. They will get their points, yes, but I don't think they will be able to match Smith all night. They'll try to get to him with blitzing, but Smith has shown he can make defenses pay for that.

hope so but WVU's defense hasn't made more than two stops on defense all year.

milkman
10-20-2012, 01:03 PM
The importance of QB in today's game can not be overstated.

However, at some point, even the very best QBs need help.

WV has no running game, and you would need Sherlock Holmes, Columbo, and Monk to find their defense.

I think Smith bounces back with a good game, but WV has little chance of winning this game.

RealSNR
10-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Smith had a TD last week, douche.

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Smith had a TD last week, douche.

My mistake, shit stain:D

does this change the complexion of that game for you? heh

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:09 PM

WV has no running game, and you would need Sherlock Holmes, Columbo, and Monk to find their defense.

I think Smith bounces back with a good game, but WV has little chance of winning this game.

I think they are going to upset. But that's me. Underdog-er.

Dante84
10-20-2012, 01:10 PM
He throws two interceptions tonight.

One to Arthur Brown, and another to Nigel Malone.

Bank on it.

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:11 PM

Bank on it.
Geno is going to embarrass those wimps:D

RealSNR
10-20-2012, 01:13 PM
My mistake, shit stain:D

does this change the complexion of that game for you? heh

No, but it furthers my theory that you're just as bad as BlackBob in getting your facts straight.

Dante84
10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Geno is going to embarrass those wimps:D

Ask RG3 how that went for him last year

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
No, but it furthers my theory that you're just as bad as BlackBob in getting your facts straight.

You know, one mistake is not "facts". But thank you for letting us all know your feelings about this, son.

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Ask RG3 how that went for him last year

Right now, Geno smith is putting in a much better performance than RG3 did last season. I think that is the diff.

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey SNR, maybe you could file for "Geno Smith Threads Patent". Wouldn't you be happy.

RealSNR
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey SNR, maybe you could file for "Geno Smith Threads Patent". Wouldn't you be happy.

I don't know what this means. My beef with this thread has nothing to do with it being another Geno Smith thread

Dante84
10-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Right now, Geno smith is putting in a much better performance than RG3 did last season. I think that is the diff.

He hasnt played a single tough defense yet, and was shut down by a moderate one last week.

We shall see how it goes down. He's still the best pure QB right now, sure, but like Milkman said, he can't win the game by himself.

notorious
10-20-2012, 01:24 PM
KSU will give WVU receivers a lot of room. If he can hit wide open receivers they will do well.

What KSU will try to do is apply pressure on him to foce mistakes while the secondary sits back and waits for a pick.

Dante84
10-20-2012, 01:25 PM
KSU will give WVU receivers a lot of room. If he can hit wide open receivers they will do well.

What KSU will try to do is apply pressure on him to foce mistakes while the secondary sits back and waits for a pick.

...and follow last week's blueprint.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2012, 01:52 PM
The fact that he has NO INTs is fucking phenomenal.

O.city
10-20-2012, 01:53 PM

Even having a great qb isn't enough.

However, by having a great Qb, it allows you to be average or below average in other spots.

But WVU's defense is god awful. Like Chiefs early 2000's god awful.

RunKC
10-20-2012, 02:08 PM
The biggest problem that I saw last week is that Texas Tech figured Geno out. They frustrated the hell out of him.

It wasn't just West Virginia's defense. Geno had trouble building drives from the very beginning.

I think Geno's the best talent at QB this year, but today he's facing a fucking legend. If one coach can build a defense to stop Geno at this level, it would be Bill Snyder. He's that freaking good.

O.city
10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Geno had wrs drop balls and a windy Lubbock to deal with.

And what great defenses did rgIII dominate last year? Dude is a stud and I would love to hav him but he wasn't exactly torching a lot of nfl talent in the big 12 last year

Saulbadguy
10-20-2012, 02:32 PM
I think they are going to upset. But that's me. Underdog-er.

WVU is favored by 3 or 4

BoneKrusher
10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Geno had wrs drop balls and a windy Lubbock to deal with.

yep, it had nothing to with the Defensive Coordinator of TT.

CoMoChief
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't get into too much college fb, but I do really want to see this game tonight.

BoneKrusher
10-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't get into too much college fb, but I do really want to see this game tonight.

same here.
it's on Fox at 7:00, i think.

Tribal Warfare
10-20-2012, 03:06 PM
same here.
it's on Fox at 7:00, i think.

6pm central

BoneKrusher
10-20-2012, 03:19 PM
6pm central

that would be correct sir.

evolve27
10-20-2012, 03:36 PM

As a chiefs fan you must.

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
As a chiefs fan you must.

I'm scared to get my hopes up. I watched luck last year and we go on a 4 game win streak.

O.city
10-20-2012, 04:17 PM
We are absolutely rudderless this year. We ain't winning four this year.

Romeo is an absolutely awful head coach and this coaching staff as a whole has no clue.

I'd wager that's its pretty much a lock we hav a top 3 pick this year

BoneKrusher
10-20-2012, 04:18 PM

Romeo is an absolutely awful head coach and this coaching staff as a whole has no clue.

i've seen a couple quarters of Jacksonville foozball this season and based on what i saw, we get the first overall pick.

Unsmooth-Moment
10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Should be a great game tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

KCUnited
10-20-2012, 04:20 PM

And he's got a no hitter going into the 8th.

O.city
10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Jacksonville will have to make a decision on gabbert. IMO, I'd try and put more pieces around him and give him another year

evolve27
10-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm scared to get my hopes up. I watched luck last year and we go on a 4 game win streak.

Same thing here. It was sort of crushing to see us lose out on Luck. I have hopes that if not Geno then at least we got Barkley, Wilson, or at least Bray available when we draft.

evolve27
10-20-2012, 04:28 PM

Man I hope so. I just don't know about Barkley tho if he is there. He has two all world recievers that he throws to all day.

Nightfyre
10-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Just watched Geno pump up his team on the fox sounds of the game. He had the attention of every player in that circle. Ballin'.

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Man I hope so. I just don't know about Barkley tho if he is there. He has two all world recievers that he throws to all day.

Yup I am very reserved on Barkley. I don't have much faith in USC QBs.

KCUnited
10-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Holgorsen looks like he could do a shit ton of coke.

Chiefshrink
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Just watched Geno pump up his team on the fox sounds of the game. He had the attention of every player in that circle. Ballin'.

Are you seeing visions of him possibly doing the same in a Chiefs uniform next yr?:D

King_Chief_Fan
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Last week's subpar (but not a poor) performance by Smith was simply overstated by some fans and media. Geno Smith was 29/55 with 275yp and ZERO INT's but also zero TD's.

To me, when a QB has an off day but isn't throwing INT's, you look at how he bounces back.

Geno & co come up against a run oriented team in K State tonight. WV will need to pass again to win this match up as their opponent is high ranked run stuffer defense.

I look for Geno to have success this time. What ya got?

he has 45 yards this week in the first half....KSU is owning him

RealSNR
10-20-2012, 06:37 PM
he has 45 yards this week in the first half....KSU is owning Holgorson's stubbornness
FYP.

Dana's air raid offense apparently has no wrinkles or other packages to throw at a defense that jams the receivers aggressively. I don't blame Geno for this shit one bit.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Not very impressed by the all mighty Geno.

Fairplay
10-20-2012, 06:40 PM

Are you still Ballin"?

Nightfyre
10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm still fully on board the Geno bandwagon. I'm not sure what you want from the kid. He is composed in the pocket and has all the tools. I could give a shit less about his stats. The playcalling has been pretty atrocious for WV today. Their first three drives were all about trying to establish a non-existent running game. Their WRs aren't getting off the line. Geno has shown the maturity to make good decisions despite playing from behind.

Mr. Kotter
10-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I know a lot of folks are high on Smith....but from some folks I respect, they say he is more of a "system QB" than a real highly likely to succeed NFL-prospect. More Andre Ware/David Klinger type than a RG3/Cam Newton type.

I don't have a strong opinion, as I don't get to watch a lot of college football.

Thoughts???

Dante84
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Bank on it.

Halfway there!

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Halfway there!

haha, that was a good play!

Unsmooth-Moment
10-20-2012, 07:05 PM
This has been an ugly ass game, and that's an understatement.

Dante84
10-20-2012, 07:14 PM
haha, that was a good play!

Okay, so Zimmerman instead of Malone.

I was close, though.

GoHuge
10-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Eh, I would say they match up well in this one, bone. They will get their points, yes, but I don't think they will be able to match Smith all night. They'll try to get to him with blitzing, but Smith has shown he can make defenses pay for that.Just wanted to point this post out as the one where somebody couldn't have been more wrong if you were to trying be. Absolute all around FAIL. K-State 52, Geno Smith 0 with two INT's

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Okay, so Zimmerman instead of Malone.

I was close, though.

They cleaned his clock. Not exactly like you thought they would, but they beat Geno. His OL blows.

I have been a fan of KSU. Followed Freeman. The defense is better than I thought.

evolve27
10-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Just wanted to point this post out as the one where somebody couldn't have been more wrong if you were to trying be. Absolute all around FAIL. K-State 52, Geno Smith 0 with two INT's

I love and want to draft Klein now\CP

Phobia
10-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Geno looks a lot like Stanzi did in preseason.

BossChief
10-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Geno looks a lot like Stanzi did in preseason.

:clap:

boogblaster
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM
not impressed at all .. ksu defense was great but thats what he'll see in the nfl .. id pass on geno ...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 08:19 PM
not impressed at all .. ksu defense was great but thats what he'll see in the nfl .. id pass on geno ...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265074

Fairplay
10-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Exactly. Geno would be seeing pro defenses every week.

He would fold like a deck of cards in a hurricane.